TEEN: Gotta Steal 'Em All? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gotta Steal 'Em All?

Default Re: Gotta Steal 'Em All?

No copyright infringement intended. I only claim my OC.
    Cat woke up Ditto extra early that morning while Sam was still sleeping peacefully. Ditto growled at her at first but she really wanted to go fight and she couldn't go alone. Ditto lazily transformed into an Eevee and she teleported them out of the building and to the city.

Cat ran around excitedly, stretching before bounding into the tall grass, but Ditto just sat down wearily. It was still exhausted from everything yesterday and didn't have near the energy to play.

Patrick was tired of being outside the loop. He'd betrayed the Guild because he wanted power over an army of people, not so he could be in the same position he was always in. Plus, Sam was a friend. Maybe not the best but if they were targeting Sam, he wanted to know why. He pulled a grunt that he knew was on the mission aside roughly.

"What is your mission, grunt?" Patrick asked.

The grunt looked at the clearly irritated officer with fear. "I-I am to collect a certain object of importance should it become available." He knew he sounded stupid but he wasn't sure how much he was supposed to tell the administrator.

"And just what is this 'object'. I want to know all the details of your mission."

The grunt gulped nervously. "Umm... We're supposed to take the Ditto from the thief at any cost. If killing him is possible, we are to take him out. But Proton said that he would take care of it."

"Proton?"

"Yessir." The grunt shrunk away meekly. The Admin looked shocked and the terrified grunt took that moment to run away.

If it's Proton... Sam will die for sure...
    Ditto watched sleepily as Cat ran around fighting enemies south of town. Cat was in her happy element; she loved the thrill in battling. Finally tired, she motioned for Ditto that it was time to go. Lazily, Ditto stood up and started following her. The Pokemon Center wasn't far, but before they could get there, the purple guy that she trapped before came walking down the street.

"Ditto! Ditto, lookit! Itsa dat guy! 'E's a friend of Maester's!" Ditto gave her lazy look and then laid down on the street and yawned. Cat ran up the man happily, but stopped short. There was a darkness to his face that she didn't like. Cautiously she started backing up, searching his thoughts for his intentions but found nothing.

He pulled out three Pokeballs and released two small purple rocks and one big one.

"Poison them," was all the man said as he pulled a mask over his face. An ugly gas started seeping from the rocks and as Cat breathed it in, she felt to toxins weaken her immediately. She managed a weak fire punch on one of the rocks before she felt herself losing consciousness. As she collapsed, she saw Ditto already laying still.

Patrick approached them, pulled out an empty Pokeball, and captured Ditto with it. He looked at the Abra on the ground. She'd remembered him from Celadon and had thought him a friend. He recalled his Koffing and Weezing bitterly and stormed away. Deep inside his craven heart was a pang of guilt- the first whispering of his conscience.

"What?" Sam got up and looked around the room. Cat and Ditto were missing. "How long have they been gone?" He pulled on his shoes quickly, leaving his hat and vest where they lay. They ran out the door there was a gate heading East which made sense for them to go to since it was closer. He wandered the route calling for them as Scyther searched high and low. Finally, Sam asked the trainers there if they'd seen them. They said no.

Trying not to let himself get too worked up, Sam walked back into Saffron. "Where in the world did they go?" Scyther was getting restless as well. Would they have gone West? To Celadon? Or south?

He stood in the middle of the street indecisively. Scyther looked at the ground in shame.

Sam smiled, the old warrior had really taken to the pair. "Its not your fault. Those two are terrible at listening." Scyther looked up and let its breath out in a sigh. "Let's go find those two. The couldn't have gone far. I'm thinking West next." Scyther nodded they both started walking towards the western route.

It was another hour of searching high and low and, despite himself, Sam was almost sick with worry now. Something about this was just nagging at him and Scyther seemed to feel the same. With every minute that passed, the search became more and more frantic and desperate.

"Maybe they've teleported back home now... We could be freaking out for nothing...." Sam said as he laughed nervously. Scyther ran top speed back to the safe house leaving Sam alone. Tired and restless at the same time, Sam paced along the sidewalk.

"Sam! There you are-" Riley came around the sidewalk at a near run and stopped abruptly after looking at Sam. "Are you okay?"

"Yes... No... Maybe?" Sam sighed.

"What happened?"

"Ditto and Cat are missing. Apparently they like to teleport away and go train at night, but they're always back before I wake up. They've been missing for almost two hours now."

"I'll help you look," Riley offered.

Sam managed a weak smile. Then Scyther reappeared with a whirlwind. It looked at Sam and shook its head. The two exchanged worried glances.

"They must be to the South then. It's the only place we haven't looked."

Riley followed as Sam took off with more energy than he probably had. Suddenly, when they reached the corner Sam just stopped for a second, his eyes widened and then he took off. "Cat?"

Riley got there in time to see Sam reach the small Pokemon laying in the street. He picked it up and brushed past Riley to the Pokemon Center. The nurse took the Abra and handed her to a bunch of other nurses.

"You'll just have to wait a few minutes sir. Your Pokemon will be right as rain!"

"Thank you." Having found Cat, however bad a state, there was a small amount of relief in his voice. "Riley can you-"

"Go find your Ditto. I'll stay here," Riley nodded. Sam smiled gratefully and left with Scyther. Riley sat in down in one of the chairs. Normally, he would have put business before anything else, but the only thing to do now was wait. Blue and Red had come in over night and stormed Silph Co. It was eleven floors of battles but Red was more than capable from what he heard.

More troubling though was what Team Rocket's grand scheme was. Years ago, Giovanni, Aidan Barbossa, and Blaine had attempted to create a Mew. The experiment failed and Mewtwo was born instead. After destroying Aidan's home and killing him in the process, Mewtwo had escaped. Ever since then, Mewtwo has been the number one cause for the death of a thief in the Guild.

According to Professor Oak's theory, the leader of Team Rocket was trying to create a Mew. It did make sense, they were getting Pokemon DNA from Kanto and Johto either by buying, stealing, or hunting Pokemon. Myth states that Mew is ancestor to all Pokemon but further research says that it could have only fathered the species of Pokemon in Kanto and possibly Johto since the regions are so close. All other Pokemon are typically attributed to Arceus or possibly Rayquaza. Another theory is that there is one Mew per region. The only thing researchers truly agree on is that every Pokemon in Kanto most likely came from one Mew.

"Sir? Your Pokemon is okay now. I suggest coming back here tomorrow, she's not quite fighting fit just yet," the nurse quipped from the counter. The slightly dazed Abra held its apparently aching head in her little hands.

"Okay, I'll tell her trainer that. Thank you," he said as he lifted the Pokemon up and set her on the ground. He gave the small creature a moment to collect her thoughts. Suddenly, her eyes widened and she tugged on his pants frantically.

"Don't worry! Sam is looking for Ditto, I'll take you to him," Riley told her, confused. She latched onto his hand as he walked. Once they reached the route and she saw Sam, she took off.

"Cat?" Sam turned around as she latched onto his leg. "Where's Ditto? I can't find him anywhere!"

Riley watched as Cat told Sam what happened telepathically. Sam's face had a confused look and then it turned to one of realization and shock. Slowly, he sat down and put his face in his hands. Cat put her ears down and looked at Scyther woefully. She rubbed her foot in the dirt and almost looked like she would cry until Sam reached out and rubbed her head.

"Its not your fault. Even I didn't see this coming," Sam said in a flat voice. He stood up and brushed himself off and he and Scyther exchanged equally cold, angry looks. The Scyther nodded and let out a fierce war cry.

"Come on, you need to go home now." Sam reached his hand out to little Cat and she took it. Sam walked past Riley without a word.

"Am I to assume that you'll be busy for the day?" Riley commented dryly.

"Yeah. Something like that," Sam returned.

"I'm calling the captains for a group meeting. I want you to be there too. Come into the Gym at 1 o'clock."

"Will do." Riley watched silently as Sam walked away. The normally bright pure aura coming of him was streaked with black and red, symbolizing revenge and hatred.

"How much longer before you let your hate consume you..." Riley asked softly to himself.

"Should I follow him?" Koga said from the shadows. Riley shook his head and then only heard the soft rustling of leaves as the ninja master disappeared.

"I'm telling you! He grabbed me and asked me what our mission was like he didn't know! As if Proton isn't scary enough! I-" the grunt stopped his complaining and stared. "Hey, isn't that Sam?"

The other grunt turned around and leaned close to his partner. "Hey, maybe if we knock him off, we can get a promotion! C'mon."

The two grunts swaggered towards Sam, believing him to be an easy match. As they got closer, Sam looked up and stared them both in the eyes. One of them was intimidated enough to pull out a Poke Ball. Just as he was going to open the Poke Ball, he felt a slight pinch and watched as his severed hand hit the ground. The grunt looked up into the blood-lusted eyes of the Scyther. The second backed away only to be grabbed by the collar and slammed into the building next to them.

He found himself face-to-face with a beyond angry trainer and a sharp dagger at his throat. Sam's brown eyes were burning with hatred. The grunt's eyes went wide with fear.

"Where is my Ditto?"

The grunt started trying to pull back some courage. this kid doesn't have power over me! "I- I don't have to tell you! I- I've heard about you, the 'Smiling Thief'! You won't kill me anyway, you aren't tough enough!" He laughed hysterically, slightly crazed with terror.

Sam's eyes narrowed then, suddenly, he smiled. "You're right. That is my one of my nicknames."

Scyther reached his blades past Sam and ripped a gash through the man's abdomen. Sam released the dead man with a look of disgust. He turned to the other one with another smile. "Would you like to tell everything you know?"

"Mercy... Mercy! I- I'll tell you anything you want!" the man sobbed.

"You're right, you will," Sam said happily as he grabbed the man by the collar. "Where is Ditto?"

"I- I don't know! Only the Boss knows that! I swear!"

"Then who is your boss?" Sam growled impatiently.

"We don't know his name! He only talks to the Executives!"

"Who are they? And don't tell me you don't know! I want names and descriptions!"

"Proton; a cruel man with mint green hair, Petrel; a tall guy with purple hair, Archer; a really uptight guy with teal hair, Ariana; a chic with short red hair and-"

As he spoke, a look of realization spread across Sam's face. "That's fine, you can stop there. Now, what do they want with my Ditto?"

"I- The Boss wants to create a Mew! He- he believes that if a Ditto has transformed into every Pokemon from Kanto, it'll evolve into a Mew! I- I don't know why he wanted yours! Now please, that's all I know! Just let me go!" the grunt begged.

Sam smiled at him almost gently. "You've been helpful to me, I'll grant you mercy."

The grunt started sobbing again. "Thank you, thank you! I promise I'll quit Team Rocket!"

Sam laughed cheerfully. "Oh, don't thank me yet!" Sam pulled the grunt a little closer to his face and spoke softly with a happy grin still on his face. "Mercy... Is a quick death. And it's more than you deserve."

The man's eyes widened as his head was cut from his body. Sam dropped the body with a flicker of disgust before continuing to walk on. The little Abra followed obediently, staring wide-eyed at the bloodied Scyther. Sam walked back to the safe house. Once Cat and Scyther were safely inside, he slammed the door. Cat flinched at his obvious anger.

Silently he walked over to the closet of the room and yanked open the doors revealing black and camo outfits and an array of different sharp daggers. Sam pulled one out and replaced his dull knife for the deadlier one.

"Scyther, time to teach me as much as possible."

"That arrogant...! He doesn't even see me as a threat!" he fumed. Suddenly, someone grabbed hold of him and turned him around.

"You were in the Silph Co. building? Did you see their leader? Tell me who he is!" Sam fired at him.

Blue stared at his friend confused. "Yeah, I was inside..."

"Do you know who their leader is? I want his name!"

"I can't remember his name," Blue started. He saw anger flash in Sam's eyes and quickly continued. "But, he's tall with shaved black hair and sorta beady black eyes... and I guess he just looks like a villain. He's got this mean-looking Persian... Does that help you any?"

Sam's eyes widened as realization struck. "Giovanni?"

"Yeah, Yeah! That's his name!"

Sam finally let go of him. "Giovanni... I should have known."

"How do you know him?" Blue asked cautiously. He didn't know what happened but Sam was clearly pissed about something.

Sam turned to him. "He's the Gym Leader of Viridian City."

Blue gaped. "Seriously?... Aren't Gym Leaders supposed to role-models? Good people with background checks and everything?"

"No. Gym leaders aren't anything like that," Sam laughed dryly, "Tell you what Blue, beat the Elite Four and the Champion and you'll see what it really takes to be a Gym Leader."

"Okay... But what are we going to do about Giovanni?"

"You're not going to do anything. That's my job," Sam replied in a tone that brooked no-argument.

"I can't defeat the Elite Four without eight badges so whatever you plan to do, can it wait till after me and Red defeat him?" Blue inquired timidly.

Sam seemed a little torn as he glared at him silently. Then he finally nodded. "Make it quick. You have two days to beat him."

"That's plenty of time!" Blue grinned. Sam maintained his scowl and walked away without another word.
    Underneath the Saffron Gym, seven of the region's Gym Leaders were gathered, impatiently waiting for someone. Giovanni had said that he was too busy to attend so they knew they weren't waiting for him. The blue-trainer, who they decided to just call 'Thief,' was apparently in charge and most of the Gym Leaders weren't happy about it. Erika was sitting primly, sipping tea with the occasional flirtatious glance at Thief. Sabrina was standing with her ever-chilled aura coming off her. Misty and Brock were sitting together chatting light-heartedly on Sabrina's lavish couch. They were the only ones who seemed to enjoy the moment except for Blaine, who was sifting through Sabrina's collection of relics. Koga was perched on a chair like a gargoyle watching Lt. Surge like a hawk.

Feeling Koga's constant glare was starting to make Lt. Surge extremely uncomfortable. He shifted in his chair nervously. A quick glance at Koga revealed that he was still watching. Hoping to get away from Koga for even a moment, he stood up.

The moment he did, Thief looked at him coldly. "Sit down."

Lt. Surge froze, Thief's steely blue eyes were locked on him. "I just need to-"

"Sit."

Without further argument the lieutenant sat back down. Koga allowed himself a small smirk. He could see the small beads of sweat gathering on the big man's brow. Finally, the door opened to let in their final guest. Expecting some type of dramatic show from Sam, Koga was surprised when he simply closed the door and stood beside Thief.

"You're a little late," Thief commented.

"I was otherwise engaged in doing your job for you," Sam replied dryly.

Thief looked at him confused and then slowly nodded. "I see... I'll lay out on the table what I know and you can finish up with what you've learned."

"Fair enough." Sam shrugged.

Thief went into the general story quickly. Everyone listened intently and quietly. Koga watched Lt. Surge for awhile, amused by the expression of shocked realization as what he'd done sunk in. Then he turned his attention to Sam, who was still standing in silence. He watched Sam's jaw clench as and anger flash in his normally cheerful eyes when Thief started talking about Team Rocket's grand scheme: The creation of a mew.

"We have put together most of the puzzle now. We know that they are after a Mew. They recently constructed a factory and kidnapped some breeders from Hoenn. The Thief Lord believes that once they figure out the secret, they will mass produce the rare Pokemon. There's no telling what that could do to the environment and the balance of nature. It could very well be catastrophic." Thief paused letting everything sink in before continuing. "Their formula apparently includes a Ditto. They have been collecting them from the wild, trainers, and... Thieves." Sam flinched as Thief finished.

"Then we need to stop them from taking anymore Ditto, right?" Blaine inferred.

"Yes, focus on Ditto, but we need to thwart them anywhere we can. Stop them from taking anymore wild Pokemon as well as Pokemon from trainers. Now, I do believe that Sam has found the mole."

Sam looked at him cooly. "The mole and the leader of Team Rocket is Giovanni." Lt. Surge almost fell out of chair and everyone else was just as surprised by the statement. Sam continued, "Adriana, Arthur, Lance, and Patrick are also a part of Team Rocket. They are executives."

"So there were five moles all along..." Thief sighed.

"Doesn't matter anymore," Sam stated darkly. "Now there's only one question. What are we going to do about it?"

Credits- My Beta was still MIA at this point... But- I went through this very carefully and I think I actually caught all my errors! :D
    Last edited by Noteleks; 1st March 2012 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    You certainly have me writhing in suspense. You really know how to throw the plot twists in there.

"Which means... There's got to be blueprints somewhere!" Sam pointed down the hallway to a room that looked like a study. On the water-stained table was the former inhabitant's diary. There was some water damage to that as well but it was still legible. Sam flipped through the pages, he found the thief's name, Aidan Barbossa. There was a page dedicated to his favorite Pokemon of his team, a scyther by the name of Sarpedon.
    Just this one this time.
    Aw snap... I was so close. Ha ha, I'm getting better at it though. :) Next chapter is up already. Enjoy (I'm going to sit here and hope I got all the typos and caps.)

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

All of it is starting to wrap up. I half want to see what Sam is going to do and I half don't because I'm sure it won't be pretty.
    As for your errors look in the spoiler.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

All of it is starting to wrap up. I half want to see what Sam is going to do and I half don't because I'm sure it won't be pretty.
    As for your errors look in the spoiler.
    *facepalm* And here I thought I did pretty good.... Apparently not so much. :| But, I digress. I actually thought that 'pokeball' was one word... I think most people just use the one word, but it is two words. I checked. (that'll be another thing for me to watch out for, ha ha)

Oh, you want to know. You totally want to know what happens next. ;)

Blog Entries

I'm sure I do I just wonder how gruesome it will be. And you are the second person I caught on the Poke Ball thing.

Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia

No copyright infringement intended.

The leaders stared at Sam and at each other sheepishly.

Thief watched them carefully. "I'm sensing some hesitation... Am I wrong?" No one spoke. Thief rolled his eyes. "Are you all that weak? It's Giovanni, just one man, who has been killing Pokemon and betrayed everyone here... And none of you are going to do anything about it?... Who's going to man-up and help take this bastard down?"

Lt. Surge coughed nervously. "I... I'm out. I have electric type Pokemon... I can't help you."

"What, your precious Pokemon that saved your life during the war can't save you now?" Sam commented scornfully.

"That was different!" Lt. Surge defended.

"How? You were fighting against an army of men and you expect me to believe that you can't defeat Giovanni? You give him far more credit than he deserves."

Lt. Surge made to reply when Koga clamped a hand over his mouth. "There isn't a reason that would make it right. Only cowardice," he turned to Sam. "I can't fight with my Pokemon as there is type disadvantage, but I can offer my physical strength."

Thief nodded and motioned for the two men to sit down.

"I'm sorry, but I'm out too," Brock gave Sam a sympathetic look. "I'm at a disadvantage and I can't do anything without my Pokemon."

"That's okay, Brock. You're still a bit green," Thief said with some understanding.

"I'm sorry... But I just don't think I can take Giovanni. Anytime I've challenged him, I've lost," Misty peeped meekly from her spot.

"Type disadvantage. Plus, I'm too old for challenging Giovanni," Blaine stated with shrug.

Erika continued sipping her tea quietly. Thief stared at her impassively until she finally spoke with a pronounced sniff. "I am not fighting that monstrous beast of a man. I am going back to my gym when this is all done."

"I'll help anyway I can, but I need to focus on Saffron right now," Sabrina spoke confidently.

"That makes two... Out of seven," Thief shook his head with disappointment.

"I'm going too," Sam stated evenly.

"No, you aren't. You've been the one fighting them thus far and that's not your job. And now you're in way over your head and they seem to be targeting you. You will be going home."

"Why? I'm more use than anyone else!"

"Its not a debate. You are going home tomorrow. No arguments," Thief commanded cooly.

"What about Ditto? Do expect me to just stand around and do nothing?" Sam returned furious.

"Sabrina and Koga are more than capable of getting your Ditto back," Thief replied calmly. "The rest of you can go home. Koga and Sabrina, I suggest you start working on your plan of attack."

With very little noise, the leaders rose and filed out, leaving Sam and Thief alone.
    A few minutes later, Sam stormed out of the gym. Forget about it? I will never forget. Scyther came to his side and the vengeful pair entered the safe house. Bulbasaur was still sitting on the couch quietly with Chansey. One look at his master said it all. Cat had told him all about Ditto. There was a lot of sympathy and sadness in its kind red eyes. Sam looked at him and the look of anger faded slightly and he gazed at the floor silently.

"I'm sorry Bulbasaur... I know you don't like violence... I won't force you to fight. But there is a difference between plain, utter violence and fighting to save something or someone else." Bulbasaur seemed to consider his words, so Sam continued. "If you don't want to, I'll have to put you in your Poke Ball and leave you in someone else's care. Will you come with me, or not?" Sam asked him softly.

Bulbasaur paused and slowly started to nod. Sam smiled with relief. "We'll need to do some training first but there'll be time for that later." Sam grabbed a backpack from the closet started packing everything they would need without overloading it. He grabbed three more knifes from the closet and strapped them to his belt. Then he threw various different flash and gas bombs into the bag, making sure they wouldn't go off unexpectedly. He set the bag near the door and sat down with Bulbasaur and Chansey. Cat crawled into his lap and fell asleep immediately. He pet Bulbasaur until he also fell asleep. Chansey tapped his shoulder and offered him an oddly reassuring smile. Then she balled her hand into a fist and raised it into the air in a rather war-like manner.

Sam laughed despite himself, "I'm sure you can fight as well as Scyther." Chansey smiled again sweetly.
    Riley was still sitting in Sabrina's home. It wasn't his office, which he already wished he could return to, but he would just have to deal with it. After some debate, he called his most trusted friend and advisor, Steven Stone.

"Riley? What's up?" Steven answered.

"Sam."

"What did he do now?" Steven laughed.

"Cat was attacked and is still hurt and Ditto was stolen from him by Team Rocket. It has something to do with the Mew experiment."

"... Is he okay?"

"He's pissed and is clearly after blood. I can understand being angry but I didn't expect this kind of behavior from him."

"You're just not seeing this the way he is."

"What am I missing?" Riley asked.

"Well, you think of Ditto as just his Pokemon. A companion for him. From what I've heard... Ditto is quite a bit more than that. Sam doesn't have a family. No parents or siblings. He seems to have found one in Kanto. I would put Ditto as his little brother. Cat is probably like his baby sister if not like a daughter. So think of it like this, you turned your back for a couple seconds and the next moment, your only little brother has been captured by some villainous team for sick experiments and your precious little sister has been left scarred. How would you feel?"

Riley paused and to think about it for a couple seconds. "Well... When you put it that way. I'd be... Maybe even a bit murderous."

"See? You need anything else?"

"No, I'll see you around." Click

Riley sat on the couch and considered what he'd told Sam earlier. Maybe sending him home was a bit harsh... But there was no need for him to be on the front lines any longer. Plus, Sam has proved to be a valuable asset to me. Plus, going back on my decision would make me seem indecisive. They need to know that I mean what I say. He'll live and he'll get his Ditto back as soon as possible.

Seeing no further reason to worry about it, he laid down and allowed himself a couple hours of sleep.

Sam left long before Riley woke up. Instinct had generally told him when the city was asleep and he took that moment steal away. He only allowed Scyther and Bulbasaur out of their Poke Balls- he wasn't taking anymore risks. There weren't a lot of wild Pokemon to fight there but Bulbasaur did finally become strong enough to evolve into an Ivysaur. When Sam reached the southern outskirts of Cerulean City, he jumped the fence and continued straight to the northern edge of town. There wasn't a lot of water separating him from the land across the slow river. He withdrew his two Pokemon and dove into the water. He let Ivysaur and Scyther out again once he reached the small piece of land in front of the foreboding cave.
    It was a long dungeon, the passage ways hewn into the rock in a maze. Sam allowed his Pokemon to fight without his supervision as he wandered thought the labyrinth. It was awhile before he finally reached his destination. A dark figure slightly silhouetted in the faint light.

"What do you want, mortal?" Mewtwo growled at him, not even turning around.

"A deal," Sam responded.

"And why would I make a deal with you?" Mewtwo snarled disdainfully.

"Because you and I have a similar goal: revenge on Team Rocket." The words hung in the stiff air of the cave.

"I'm listening."

"I know that you've been hunting thieves and I know why. You think that you were created from our hands that all thieves are responsible for your misery. You were created from destruction for the purpose of money and politics. But the Thief Lord never funded that experiment and never even knew it happened until you killed Barbossa." Sam paused. "There are only two other men truly responsible: Blaine and the one who came up with it all together, Giovanni."

Mewtwo's venomous purple eyes were bright with anger. "And they still live?"

"Yes, which is where my deal comes in. I know where to find both of them and I can help you get your revenge."

"I don't need help from a mortal to destroy them."

Sam raised his eyebrows and smiled harmlessly. "Of course you don't; provided all you want to do is kill them."

"What other option is there?" Mewtwo asked slowly and suspiciously.

"The revenge I'm talking about is about taking everything from them. Breaking them into pieces from the inside out to the point that they will wish that you had just killed them."

"Aren't they with you? Why do you want them dead?"

"Blaine isn't necessarily my enemy and of the two he is the least guilty but Giovanni is the head of Team Rocket. He's a traitor, a Pokemon killer and more importantly, he's still continuing the Mew experiment."

Mewtwo whirled around to face him. "Still?"

Sam shrugged, "I doubt he ever stopped. If he fails again, there will be another like you. If he succeeds, he'll mass produce Mew... Which leads me to a question: what would it mean for the world if the population of Mew rose?"

Mewtwo's eyes glowed with psychic power as he related his glimpse at both the past and future. "Once, Mew covered the earth as the only species. Their DNA contained the code for all the Pokemon yet to come. Arceus created them as library keepers to store knowledge. A Mew feeds off certain rare plant. As Pokemon and humans came into the world, that plant was either eaten by Pokemon or destroyed by humans. As this plant ceased to exist, so did mew. Only once the damage was done did Arceus awake to find the Mews decimated. With other species to support, Arceus changed the earth to feed them. The few Mew left starved until there was only one left."

"So humans are responsible for their decline," Sam muttered softly to himself.

"If the world were to be covered again by Mew, Arceus would no doubt shift the world back to its former state. Pokemon and human alike would be out of food and perish and your cities would be wiped off the face of the earth. Nothing living now would survive."

Sam let the grim words sink in fully. The silence in the cavern interrupted only by a constant but soft dripping of water into the murky pond. "Will you help me stop him?"

"Help you? I can do it alone," Mewtwo responded haughtily.

"I know where he is and, like it or not, I am going. We'll capture Giovanni first, and once we've gotten every last drop of information from him, I will ensure he is handed over to you to do whatever you'd like with him. Then I'll give you all the information I know about Blaine to help you with your revenge. That's the deal. Take it or leave it."

Mewtwo glared at him and then there was just a slight smirk on its face. "Fine. I like a human with guts. We might get along yet."
    AN: Only chapter 15 and 16 left and then the Epilogue! (which, 'epilogue' makes it sound like you don't have to read it- but you do or you are going to be lost when you start reading GSTA: Johto.)

Still waiting for my Beta Reader at this point in time- But thanks to Soulmaster for being awesome and taking the time to catch all my silly errors... I sincerely hope that this chapter is better than the last one (grammatically)
    Last edited by Noteleks; 2nd March 2012 at 11:56 PM.

Blog Entries

And here I thought this was going to be the last one. Nice to see Mewtwo come into play here. His revenge on TR will be interesting to see. I have to say your throwing Blaine into the mix was surprising.
    For your mistakes look in the spoiler.

Mafia Win/Lose Tally

Ha ha... Ouch... ... Kidding. I do have a pattern of that. I'll have to make extra sure to break that little pattern... :P

Oh no, no, no. This story is going to go through all the regions and then one I made up myself! :D And I've gotten good feedback on throwing Mewtwo in. He's just... So awesome. I had to. Sam can't do it alone.
    And Pokemon Mansion is on Cinnabar Island, Blaine wears a lab coat, and is big on revitalizing fossils... They also cast him in that role in the manga and I thought it was an interesting concept.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noteleks View Post
    Ha ha... Ouch... ... Kidding. I do have a pattern of that. I'll have to make extra sure to break that little pattern... :P

Oh no, no, no. This story is going to go through all the regions and then one I made up myself! :D And I've gotten good feedback on throwing Mewtwo in. He's just... So awesome. I had to. Sam can't do it alone.
    And Pokemon Mansion is on Cinnabar Island, Blaine wears a lab coat, and is big on revitalizing fossils... They also cast him in that role in the manga and I thought it was an interesting concept.
    We'll see about the pattern ;)

So I take it we will be busy for a while you writing and me finding your typos. And you are right Mewtwo is just to awesome to be left out.

Mafia Win/Lose Tally

Quote Originally Posted by Noteleks View Post

We'll see about the pattern ;)

So I take it we will be busy for a while you writing and me finding your typos. And you are right Mewtwo is just to awesome to be left out.
    We will- I will be posting that shortly.

Well, let's just hope I can start getting most if not all of them myself. ;) My beta is really awesome and she gets a lot of my storyline issues and my typos, but not all of them... ... Good news is that my writing got a lot better in GSTA Johto and my beta, who went missing for months, came back during that as well.

Blog Entries

Yeah I can catch typos but not storyline things. I'm not the creative type.

Mafia Win/Lose Tally

Blue was standing outside the gym having a pep-talk with his Pokemon team.

"Now, this guy is one of the best trainers in Kanto, but we're not going to let that scare us. We have to beat him today. It's now or never! Sam has given us a limit and we will make it in time! Now, we're going to go in there and show this Pokemon-stealing, arrogant, blood-thirsty, old bastard who's boss! Let's go!" Blue raised a fist for encouragement. He could beat Giovanni, he'd done it before and he could do it again. The difference now being that he had to win the first time. He gathered up his Pokemon and stormed the Gym successfully.
    Red had much more refined way of doing things. Instead of any type of pep-talk, he just walked right in after sharing a confident nod with his Pikachu. The trainers were like candy to his well-trained Blastoise and Lapras. He found Giovanni and relayed his silent challenge by meeting his eyes. Once a weakling, always a weakling.
    Just as Red was walking out, Sam was walking in. The thief had a dark air to him and the Scyther and Venosaur following him were just as grim. Red stared wide-eyed at the large grass Pokemon. He'd passed up on a Bulbasaur when it was offered to him without a second thought. Now he felt like he'd made a mistake. He gave Sam a curious look. "Where... Did you get a Venosaur?"

"I don't have time to play your game. If you'd like to complete your superiority complex by getting the one of the rarest Pokemon of this region, kindly take it up with someone else. Maybe the professor can help you." Sam brushed past him without a even a passing glance. Even the Scyther ignored him, something the rather celebrated trainer was unused to.

Red watched the reactions on the faces of the trainers in the Gym; there were faces of both fear and determination aimed at Sam where Red had been looked down on with smug smiles and leers. Red's pride was injured now, he yelled at Sam. "I am the greatest trainer! I stopped Team Rocket and I'm will defeat the Elite Four!"

Sam turned slightly, his tone was dark and serious. "No. You fought and defeated the members of Team Rocket. You did not stop them. Go ahead, go beat the Elite Four and stay out of my way from now on." With that, the Gym's trainers started approaching Sam, pulling out Poke Balls as they did. Unable to find a comeback, Red stormed out of the Gym leaving Sam alone.

"Sam... You shouldn't be here. Go on home," one of them said as he approached.

Sam laughed darkly. "If only it were that easy. I know you're all with Team Rocket."

The trainer looked shocked and then smiled. He rolled up his shirt sleeve, revealing the red R tattooed on his shoulder."You're right. We are. But what are you going to do about, kid?" the Rocket grunt leered.

"Nothing. I'm leaving you guys to an... old friend of yours." Sam smiled innocently as Mewtwo appeared next to him. Without even stopping to see the effects of Mewtwo's wrath, Sam stealthily crept to the room where Giovanni would be.

Giovanni felt the eyes of vengeance on him. Spooked, he turned around, seeing no one until Sam stepped out of the shadows. Giovanni laughed in relief. "Oh, Sam! You scared me, I-"

Sam didn't allow him time to finish, he sent a hard kick into the man's gut and then slammed him to the floor. Giovanni made a move to fight back but Sam pulled out a very sharp dagger and held it to his throat. "You should be scared."
    Riley approached the destroyed gym warily. The roof had been blasted apart and was now caving in, windows blown out, scattering glass shards, and thin tendrils of smoke caught the breeze. All in all, a perfect picture of destruction.

"Thief! We captured Giovanni and one of his cronies, they're ready to talk," Lt. Surge yelled from beside the Gym.

With a curt nod, Riley cast one more curious glance over the shell of the building and strode over to where the lieutenant was standing. The grunt was bleeding from various different wounds and shivering despite the heat. His eyes were haunted. Riley glanced at Giovanni, who was even worse for wear. His eyes were slightly glazed over and blood was running from a wound on his forehead.

"Gentlemen, what happened here?" Riley asked them.

"It was... It was..." the grunt began hesitantly. "It was the Smiling Thief! He came-"

"Smiling Thief?" Riley repeated sarcastically.

Lt. Surge answered him, "That's a sort of nickname for Sam."

Riley turned to look at the destroyed Gym and then back at the lieutenant incredulously. Lt. Surge shrugged. With a disbelieving shake of his head, Riley signaled for the grunt to continue.

The man wrapped his arms around his torso and rocked as he continued, "He came in with this Scyther and a Venosaur-thing. We were just going to battle him all together and then he said... He said that he'd 'let his friend deal with us.' I didn't know what he meant until... Until...!" The grunt lost his composure and was lost in the flashback.

"Mewtwo. He brought Mewtwo with him," Giovanni finished quietly.

Riley and Lt. Surge stared at the Gym and then at each other.

"Under normal circumstances, I'd think you were lying, but Mewtwo is probably the only Pokemon capable of that kind of destruction," Lt. Surge commented as he pounded on the building's frame. "These Gyms are built to withstand the brutalist of battles. A single Pokemon reducing something like this to rubble is no easy feat... Damn."

Riley was still considering the claim. "I do believe you; it was definitely Mewtwo. What I want to know is; why is he working with Sam?"
    On a small island off the coast of Cinnabar, Sam and Mewtwo were staring quietly into the flames of a campfire. Venosaur and Scyther slept fitfully beside Sam. The air around the group was still and silent, only the sound of soft waves hitting the beach could be heard. After a few moments the silence was broken.

"Why are we waiting? Why can't we go now?" Mewtwo asked, somewhat impatient.

Sam chuckled a bit. "Tsk tsk, haven't you heard the saying, 'the hour is always darkest just before the dawn?'"

Mewtwo growled in response. "That doesn't make any sense, the sun would be rising."

Sam gave him a disapproving look. "It's not supposed to make sense, it's poetic... Look, buddy, just sit for awhile and chill. We could walk in there in broad daylight and it wouldn't make a difference."

Mewtwo snorted in response and remained quiet for a short time before speaking again. "Why are you here?"

Sam stared at him. "What do you mean?"

"Why did you come to me? Why are you pursuing Team Rocket? Were you ordered to do it?"

Sam laughed dryly. "Ha... No, I was not ordered to do it. The opposite, in fact. My boss was planning on sending me home."

"So you disobeyed a direct order? Why?" Mewtwo inquired curiously.

"Personal reasons..."

"Something important enough to disobey your superior, despite the consequences that could come with that?" Mewtwo seemed incredibly interested.

Sam stared at the dancing flames. "Yeah... A close little friend of mine... And I would do just about anything to get him back... It's about an hour before dawn; let's go." He stood up and kicked sand into the fire to extinguish it. Mewtwo continued sitting while he pondered the thought. Perhaps I was wrong. Humans are not all evil and cruel beings to be destroyed...

"This is the correct place," Mewtwo said, with a hint of anger as he looked on the building.

"Yup. Do you remember how to get to the lab underneath the basement?" Sam asked.

"I'll never forget."

Sam pulled out all his Poke Balls and released the Pokemon inside. "Then let's go."

Darius was a long time Pokemon researcher, his career ended when his colleague , Professor Oak, had his license taken away for illegal experiments on Pokemon. Now, through the use of various tortures, he was making Ditto transform in hopes of creating a Mew. Thus far, the experiment was making slow progress. He sat in his metal lab chair, recording the results of the tortures. Putting Ditto in extreme cold temperatures and then extremely hot temperatures was the best method to weaken and break- though not all the subjects were strong enough to make it. One or two had been completely broken and transformed on command. One in particular was giving them absolute hell over the matter.

In the middle of jotting down his notes, the lights went out. He got up and called the tech people to see what the problem was, but the phone lines weren't working either. As he set the phone back in the cradle, the ground started to shake in steady beats as if some monstrous being was walking towards him.

"Sir, what is that?" his attendant asked meekly.

"The Snorlax must have escaped. Take my notes and hurry down to get the guards just in case the beast decides to make this difficult." The attendant nodded, grabbed the notes, and quickly scurried off. Some other researchers joined Darius as he walked closer to the source of the mini earthquake.

"Snorlax, damn thing must have eaten the power cables," one elderly researcher muttered.

"Probab- Oh, dear sweet Arceus! What is-" the man never made it another step- he'd been torched down to cinders.

"That... That's no Snorlax!" Darius screeched as he tried to turn and flee, but found his way blocked by a psychic veil.

"You're right. It's definitely not a Snorlax," Sam laughed.

Terrified and with no where else to run, the corrupt researchers now turned to face the beast; a seven-foot-tall, steel Cubone from hell. Mewtwo watched with something bordering on admiration as the powerful creature wielded lighting, fire, water, and earth like an avatar of destruction.

"What did you say that is?"

Sam smiled with a devious look, "An Aggron, but you can call him Gabriel. It's native only to the lovely region of Hoenn; lovely spot to vacation. You should consider it sometime."

"Perhaps another time," Mewtwo said with a small ghost of a smile.

With nothing but charred remains to stop them, they started moving forward again. Sam picked up a map of the underground lab, "Looks like this is where they keep their stolen Pokemon." With a quick look around to pinpoint their bearings. "And we're here. So... We need to go down this hallway and take a right, follow that hallway till the last left, and go through the conference room."

"Sounds easy enough," Mewtwo commented.

"If we're unlucky, we should meet up with another dozen researchers, fifty or so grunts, and all their expendable Pokemon."

"And if we're lucky?"

"We stumble across Patrick on the way."

"I can't believe we failed like this... Giovanni, I'm so sorry!" Archer said despairingly.

"I am going to find that bastard and I swear I will kill him!" Proton fumed.

"Who? Do we even know what happened? Frankly, I'm more worried about what we'll tell Adriana," Petrel yawned and stretched.

"Oh, shit... I forgot about her!" Archer groaned. "This situation just gets worse and worse!"

"Well, look on the bright side," Petrel began then paused, "Ah, no. Never mind, there really isn't a good side to this."

The door to their office burst open revealing a white-faced grunt. "Executives, sirs, you aren't going to believe this... The south wing is being attacked!"

"What?" Archer gaped.

"The south wing, sir! We've lost communication," the grunt gasped.

Archer got up and started gathering up papers and throwing some in the fireplace. "How many are there? Do you know?"

"One of our security tapes shows Mewtwo with Sam and a bunch of Pokemon. One of the Pokemon we can't identify."

"What did it look like?" Proton asked.

"It's a giant, steel-covered Cubone with horns... That's the best description I can give, sir."

The three executives looked at the grunt in disbelief.

"A giant Cubone... made of steel?" Petrel repeated caustically.

"Yes, sir. I know how it sounds, but that's pretty much what it is!" the grunt shrugged helplessly.

"Whatever, just stop them. If nothing else stall them for at least twenty minutes." The grunt saluted and ran down the hall. Proton started walking after him.

"Where are you going?" Petrel questioned.

"I'm going to kill that bastard. He's got to be the one that went after Giovanni and I will not let him get away," Proton stormed out.

Archer shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Whatever makes the man happy. Petrel, help me out."

"Yeah, sure," he said as he got up. He cast one last hesitant look down the hall. Maybe Sam will still be okay...
    Sam was crouched down with his Pokemon. The last stretch was teeming with Rocket grunts, they'd formed a living barrier. Gabriel, Sam's Aggron, was getting tired. Even Scyther was also panting a little now. Venosaur was taking everything in stride and seemed to be doing okay. Cat was clearly still suffering from her earlier ordeal with Team Rocket and Mewtwo seemed a little humbled by the sheer weight of the enemy's numbers.

"You think we can take them?" Sam asked.

"We don't have a choice."

"Then let's move, you take out what you can, and I'll do the same. Just quick attacks and then pull back. If we can lead them off, maybe we can make things easier for ourselves," he said as he pulled out several knives from his belt. In perfect time with each other, they came around the corner and attacked the best way they knew how. Sam threw his three knives with lighting speed and accuracy. Mewtwo used his immense psychic power to concentrate energy in the heads of several grunts and then letting it burst, blowing off the heads of the unfortunate men.

Immediately, the onslaught came. Koffing let their gasses ease, Ekans weaved through the fray seeking flesh to bite, and Zubat flew at them in numbers no less than a hundred. They were seeking warm blood, forcing Sam to defend himself. Cat tried to help him as much as she could. Sam had his dual daggers out, their blades longer and sharper than a normal dagger. His training with Scyther hadn't been for nothing; the deadly daggers moved through the air with a life of their own, cutting through the Zubat and Ekans quickly.

Scyther was back-to-back with Gabriel. Enemies near and far fell to the deadly pair. Blades cleaved, lightning struck, ice froze, fire scorched, and rocks fell as if propelled from a canon. Chansey was throwing exploding eggs with surprising accuracy. Venosaur lashed out with snapping vines.

Mewtwo was a force of his own. A psychic barrier protected his back as he used telepathic powers to bring his foes to their knees. He used powerful psychic blasts to throw enemies into the wall. Extreme psychic concentration flattened or compressed them causing heads to erupt in a geyser of blood and cranial matter. Hypnotism turned attackers against each other.

During a small break in the battle, Sam caught sight of a black uniform; Lance. He tightened his grip on his weapons. Blood covered him from head-to-toe. Bite wounds oozed blood.

"I don't know how long I can keep this up," Mewtwo panted as he took out a pestering Zubat.

Sam watched Lance take command of the grunts. The enemy Pokemon started flocking back to their masters. "Maybe we won't have to." Mewtwo looked up. Lance was walking towards them. Sam shared a quick glance with Mewtwo before venturing forward to meet him.

In the center of the battlefield, they stood a sizable distance from each other.

"Sam... I'm surprised you made it this far," Lance commented, a cruel glint in his eyes.

Wiping blood from his eyes, Sam smirked, "I'm surprised you came out. You look good; go figure that executives are too high and mighty to get their hands dirty."

Lance clenched his fists, clearly irritated by the taunt. "Maybe you're just beneath me."

"If that were true, you wouldn't be here." Sam saw the muscles in Lance's face bulge as he clenched his jaw. "Admit it, you underestimated me. I will get Ditto back; And I will kill anyone who stands in my way."

Lance met his eyes and a stare down ensued in the silence. Finally, Lance spoke. "And I will kill anyone who stands in the way of Team Rocket and Giovanni. So what do you say; you and me. My pokemon versus yours."

Sam laughed, but the smile quickly turned into a look of complete hatred and contempt. "You make it sound like I can trust you to fight fairly."

It was Lance's turn to smirk. "You'll never know until you try."

Sam turned back to Mewtwo, who solemnly nodded. "Looks like you have a deal." With that, Sam started to walk away. Chansey had taken the lull in battle to do what she could to heal her comrades. As he got closer, she raised her fist in a war-like manner.

Mewtwo was still watching Lance, "We have to beat him?"

"If you weren't sure, you could have opted for all-out war," Sam returned.

"If we continued fighting them as we were, we were dead for sure," Mewtwo stated seriously.

"Then we made the right choice."

"Yes... But something is... I don't like this," Mewtwo admitted, still watching Lance.

Sam sighed. "'I don't like this?' That's right up there with 'what could possibly go wrong?' No point worrying about it now. This is still our best chance." He turned to face Lance, and his Pokemon lined up beside him. "We didn't come this far to just quit now."

(just chapter 16 and an epilogue; then the Johto series will start up. This story is far from over.)

A shout out to my new (replacement) Beta, Foonator! And also to Soulmaster!

(Assuming the role of a cheesy Pokemon anime narrator because it's fun)

Will Sam get his Ditto back? Will Mewtwo stay by his side? Can Sam and co. beat Proton? Will Team Rocket be blasting off again? Who knows! Only one way to find out!...

To be continued...
    Last edited by Noteleks; 3rd March 2012 at 02:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Grr waiting is so annoying. It was defiantly confusing with all the name changes but just look in the spoiler for your typos.

Mafia Win/Lose Tally

Can imagine being the original readers on Fan Fiction? They had to wait a whole WEEK. You'll get the second half tomorrow. :) And yeah... ... I know it's a little confusing with the names but I want people to remember their original names... and their fake identities because... it's important.

NOooooo! Augh, *facepalms x3* ... ... Typos? What typos? I see no evidence of that... ... Just kidding! Though, that's kinda what it feels like sometimes- That I'm hiding the evidence. Anyhoo, I even saw the Arcues thing and thought 'I need to get that when I copy and paste!' I obviously failed to do so. I must have the memory of a goldfish.
    And, I did mean 'caustically'- it means in a sarcastic, stinging, and/or disbelieving manner.

The underground laboratory's foundation was deeply shaken by the amount of battling taking place. The six pillars that held the roof up were starting creak and moan as another, final battle began.
    Lance's Pokemon; an Arbok, Nidoking, Muk, Gengar, and two powerful Tyranitar lined up against Sam and his Pokemon. Gabriel howled a metallic screech as both a war cry and to deafen the opponents. Immediately, the battle ensued. Sam, knowing that Lance's Pokemon would be too much for him in a one-on-one fight, ghosted out of the fray. He watched and waited for the perfect opening to strike at Lance.

Venosaur was trying to bind the Nidoking so Chansey could get a better shot with her explosive eggs. However, the Nidoking was extremely powerful. It charged, horn down, and struck Venosaur. The damage done was staggering, but Venosaur continued to fight. Chansey threw egg after egg at the vicious Nidoking. The monster was stunned by ferocity of the attack for a few moments before putting its head down for another charge. Before it could, Venosaur caught its foot in a vine covered in thorns and tripped it. Venosaur and Chansey attacked the creature's open back mercilessly. Their combined powers left the Nidoking burnt and paralyzed before it got back up.

Scyther took the Arbok as his challenger. The huge snake had proven itself as fast as it was poisonous. Since Scyther was immune to the effects of toxins, he felt it was his duty to protect his comrades. The duelists begun circling each other in a short dance. Suddenly, the Arbok launched itself at Scyther, catching him off guard. Its huge fangs dug deep into his chest. Unable to escape, Scyther scraped and slashed at the great snake's hide with his blades, eventually forcing it to let go. Both fighters leapt back and resumed their previous circle. Scyther was bleeding from the gaping wound in his chest. His quick red eyes watched his opponent closely, this time he saw the tell-tale sign and when the Arbok leapt again, he was ready. While the snake was still in midair, Scyther slashed both blades through its soft underbelly.

The two Tyranitar tried to tag-team against Gabriel. One attacked viciously from the front with its sharp dragon claws while the other readied a hyper beam. Gabriel was hard-pressed to keep the keen claws from raking his rough hide, and couldn't do anything to stop the destructive hyper beam. The massive amount of energy let loose, hitting him square in the back. One of the iron plates it had hit dented in, causing him pain. The second Tyranitar readied another hyper beam as the other rested. Just as the beam was about to burst, it stopped. Mewtwo had reversed it's energy, sending the tremendous force point-blank into the Tyranitar's face. The force caused the creature's jaw to become dislodged and greatly angered the beast. It started to attack wildly. Mewtwo tried to press it to the ground with a gravity-like psychic force, but the Pokemon was too strong. With both beasts clawing at him viciously, Gabriel forcefully whirled around. His massive iron-clad tail thwacked hard, right into the angered Tyranitar's hip, weakening it enough that the force of Mewtwo's gravity brought it down. The remaining Tyranitar and Gabriel locked horns and claws in an awesome wrestling match.

At this point, Proton wasn't sure he could win. Sam's Pokemon were going to win the way this battle was heading. The only battle he had for sure was his Gengar against a little Abra. Notably, the small thing had dispatched his Muk, but it was losing rapidly to his superior Gengar. He was about to reach for his last two Poke Balls when a dagger flew through the air, knocking them out his belt.

"Now it's our turn, Lance," Sam challenged, not even a shred of fear. He had his daggers ready and was waiting for him to respond.

"Fine, let's go. You can't beat me without your precious Pokemon," Proton sneered. He pulled out a dagger of his own.

Sam didn't answer. Bright steel clashed as their blades met. Proton found himself in a situation far more difficult than he'd expected. Their blades kept meeting each other, neither finding the intended target of flesh of the enemy. Proton stepped back, trying to disengage himself for a moment. Sam stayed planted where he was. Proton pulled a second, smaller dagger out and rushed Sam. A cheer went up from the grunts as the smaller blade that Sam hadn't blocked was embedded up the handle in his side. Unfazed, Sam began striking back. Steel stopped clashing on steel as Sam had gotten faster and even more accurate. Proton started to flail out in panic, catching Sam across the hand in a single lucky swipe. They locked blades and stood with their noses almost touching, Proton's eyes were wide with terror as he stared into brown eyes filled with more vengeance and hate then he'd ever seen.

In an attempt to get away, Proton tried to slam his blade into Sam's shoulder. Sam grabbed his hand in mid-swing and his inexorably powerful grip turned the Proton's own blade against his throat.

"Now's your last chance if you want to apologize," Sam stated evenly.

Proton's nerve deserted him. "Don't kill me!"

"I-"

"Maester! Help me, it's too-" Sam heard a thud.

Sam whirled around to look for Cat. She had hit the wall hard, thrown by the Gengar, and slid down like a broken doll. Proton forgotten, Sam started to run over to where she was. The Gengar lifted its ghostly claws to deal the finishing, killing blow. Before it could hit her, Sam slid in front of her body protectively, taking the dark slash on himself. The claws raked through his chest, leaving the Gengar's poison behind. He staggered and felt the warm blood gushing from the wounds. Slowly, he sank to his knees.

He watched as Proton gathered up the remaining men and fled like the coward he was. Venosaur and Chansey managed to defeat the Nidoking by restraining it and shoving an explosive egg into its mouth. Scyther finally had the Arbok in its death throes. Gabriel was still head-to-head with the Tyranitar. His vision started to swim and fog, he could barely make out the Gengar preparing a second slash with a venomous glare at him, angry to have been cheated of its prey. Fortunately, Scyther had seen what had happened and rushed over to defend him. Venosaur and Chansey also joined in the battle against the Gengar.

Incredibly weakened, Sam still managed to get up. He staggered to the conference room; it looked like someone had pillaged it. Behind him, Gabriel roared a war cry to signal his victory over the Tyranitar.

The Gengar's poison worked fast, he had to use the wall to help support himself as his blood splattered onto the floor. He turned the corner to where the Pokemon storage area and laboratory was supposed to be.

It was empty.

"No... It can't-... be." Sam felt energy draining from him. He sunk down to his knees. Every cage had been left open and any Pokemon that had been there was gone now. Moved to another location. Hot tears of frustration and anger spilled down his cheeks. The pain of his wounds forgotten.

He heard footsteps walking towards him but his vision was too blurred and twisted from blood-loss to see who it was. Before they could get closer, an earthquake shook the whole underground complex.

It was the last straw. The six pillars could no longer hold the building and, one-by-one, they snapped. Now nothing was stopping the colossal weight of the Pokemon Mansion from sinking down.

Sam could see and hear the drywall falling all around him. He looked up at the ceiling as a huge crack rushed through it. The walls near him looked like they were on the verge of snapping in half. Whoever the mysterious person was, they ran without a word.

A huge piece of the ceiling broke off and landed near him. He felt like running away was his best choice, but no longer had the strength to stand. Suddenly, Mewtwo appeared beside him, holding Cat in his arms.

"Sam! We must move!"

"Go, there's an exit over there! Take her and everyone else with you, Gabriel can take care of me," he tried to shout of over the sound of breaking masonry. He surprised himself that he was able to not only think, but form sentences out of his thoughts. Slowly, Mewtwo nodded. He shouted orders to the others and they obeyed, however hesitantly.

Another piece of masonry landed next to him, followed by several smaller pieces. Vibrations in the floor announced Gabriel's arrival. The underground complex was in its death throes, almost completely caved in now. Before Gabriel could stop it, the rest of the ceiling above Sam caved in several pieces. Gabriel managed to grab Sam to pull him out of the way, but not quick enough. A chunk of masonry caught half his forearm underneath it. Sam stared at it, strangely feeling nothing from his now crushed left hand. He felt the vibrations through the building as, finally, the last of the roof overhead caved in like deadly rainfall of drywall, plaster, and brick.

Gabriel had shielded Sam, but the dust was suffocating. Closed in by the fallen masonry, Sam slowly sunk into the darkness.
    AN: I'd bet about anything that you guys didn't see that one coming. :D Epilogue comes next, joy of joys! The Johto story arc will be continued in a separate story. The title will be in the author's note of the epilogue, so you should read it.

TY to my beta; Foonator! And Soulmaster! I will probably copy and paste all of these lovely edits and what-nots into Fan Fiction so readers there can enjoy the higher quality :) Big thanks Soulmaster, it is GREATLY appreciated.

For the record... I meant to post this a lot sooner than I actually did. :\ Sorry- Life happened.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast