The Fanfic Openings topic!

Thread: The Fanfic Openings topic!

Manga Sam Fangirl Revolutionary Girl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Fanfic Openings topic!

With apologies to Damian for stealing his idea, but I saw it over at TPM and thought it was cool. :D

If your fanfic were an anime/ real show, how would the opening credits look? What song would you use? Describe for us!

Mine own forthcoming. I've got it in my head, but I've not thought out how to describe it yet. ^^;;;

"Ol' Flying Fingers Sammy jumped the gun."

Pokemaniacs Anonymous: Growing old =/= growing up.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Apologies Accepted, Revolutionary Girl *makes Vader-style strangling motions*

Well, what? I'm a writer. Evil is a prerequisite for the job!

Anyway...TGE I-II-III (The "Destiny" saga, IV and V being the "Ruin" saga) :

Theme : Invoke (opening theme, Gundam Seed)

-A lone hand is seen, holding a rose. The rose fall off and floats down slowly.
    -The rose suddenly explode, its petals falling off as it is hit by gunfire. The view shift to a young man in a dark trench coat holding the gun.
    -(singing begin) Satoshi appears, back Kasumi. He turns and reaches out for her, but she slowly drifts away and vanishes, then the scene explode in vivid flames.
    -A massive flying fortress (improved version of the one in Pokemon 2K) fly by, flanked by fighter jets.
    -Arms crossed, two strange characters, one a bearded man and the others a long-haired woman are seen back-to-back. Both of them wear masks hiding their upper face. Behind them, the outline of a face can be seen, vaguely colored ; she has dark hair and is wearing sunglasses.
    -A sword "cut away" that scene, then clashes with another, The camera withdraw to show Satoshi locked in a duel with someone else has some others stand by, ready to join in. An explosion blocks off the scene.
    -The explosion reveal what WAS a hill once, but now has been thorn apart. A titan made entirely of ice rises from the disaster, and shoot out a beam. The scenes shift, now showing a flying fortress similar to the one before being hit by the beam and plumetting down.
    -The scene shifts again, and we now see Nanami (May) and a young man (maybe in his mid-twenties) standing back to back, both of them in pristine white military uniforms. The background seems made entirely of flames.
    -The flames takes the whole scene, revealing a series of rapid sequences with various characters :
    -Kasumi, with the same outline of a face from earlier in the background.
    -Natsume, with an outline of the man with the gun in the opening behind her.
    -Shigeru, with an outline of Nanami behind him, slowly falling down, as well as a vaguely colored outline of a white-haired girl.
    -Sakura (from the Eevee sisters), standing by watching Enju (Ecruteak) burning.
    -A white haired young man (RS hero), facing the ice titan from earlier.
    -A red haired girl (Fire GL from RS), with a strange mask floating behind her.
    -Domino, holding out one of her "flowers" while an emerald background float by.
    -Satoshi, finally, with all eight others around him. In the sky above, the outline of Haruka's face can be seen.

That's all
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

You know, for kids! A Concerned Solomon's Avatar

If any of you FF.netters have seen "Night of the Horriffic Monster-Like Thingy Guy," my own little spoof on the original trainer genre as well as shippers gone horribly mad:

Song: Hot and Cold (Theme from "Weekend at Bernie's")

0-10 seconds - Jack walks through town, eyes shining with purpose. He's getting that badge!

10-16 seconds - Lenore attempts to show off her Slowbro. Slowbro will have none of it. Jack slowly backs off.

16-20 seconds - Jack regains his confident stride. In the background, we can see Fisherman Ralph and Cooltrainer Beth. Beth is riding her Rapidash around, squealing like a little kid. Ralph is fine-tuning his cold-weather machine.

20-30 seconds - Focus on Ralph. He's daydreaming about how the cold weather will cause AAML. Jack returns to the screen riding his new bicycle, ramming straight into the Pokeshipping villain. Jack speeds off as Ralph shakes his fist and backs into his machine, totalling it.

30-38 seconds - Jack stands outside Cerulean Gym, certainly livid. The calm, relaxed tone of the music contrasts heavily with his tempramental outburst. It's silent, but we can tell he's using obscenities galore. His inflammatory remarks are directed at the Tip Giver, who seems to be toying with him.

38-45 seconds - Jack gives up and heads to the Pokemon Center. Joe, the male nurse, is complaining at the top of his lungs. Jack ignores Joe's mad ramblings and plugs away at a "The Simpsons" arcade machine in the back. Cut to title.

Manga Sam Fangirl Revolutionary Girl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey, wow, it's The Review Guy! Yeah, I'm following that fic. It's a scream. Though I hate we don't have more cliches in our Eldershipping world to add to your spoof, LOL!

Hm. I threatened to do it; hell, I'm the one who brought the topic up in the first place--I guess I better do one! *goes off to type it in Notepad first*

They're great so far! Keep 'em coming, fic writers! :)

"Ol' Flying Fingers Sammy jumped the gun."

Pokemaniacs Anonymous: Growing old =/= growing up.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

'Tonya, Eldershipping as a whole may not have cliches, but you've admitted a passion for winter settings...which *do* seem to show up often in your fics...*g*

Yep, you're right about that one, Blackjack. I consider myself something of an Eldershipper, although I do poke fun.

Off-topic: Do you know how incredibly hard it is to find that song, online or otherwise? I FINALLY hunted it down last night. Took me weeks.

Jellybaby for your brain! Mew2Too's Avatar

You know, I thought I was crazy. I know it's been a long time since any of you guys have gotten to see a real "Pokemon JTC" fanfic, but I'm working on that. I'm ready to put a couple of written ones up on the internet right now, but I only have three. If I posted a chapter a day, that would only take me through a month or so. (That's a long time, considering how slow it takes me to get my ideas down clearly on paper sometimes.)

Anyway, I used to put in intros with music and all into my stories. ( In screenplay format, that is! =D ) Peeps really didn't like it- especially when I started putting in voice credits. I think the last one that I thought up was a new intro from my new take on my first thirteen stories. It was the Goo Goo Doll's "I'm Still Here" set to some of the kick-@$$est scenes that I've ever translated from picture in my mind down on paper.
    What kind of Pokemon am I?

Well, the only way to fully appreciate these is a good Flash animation. I can't do those.