Dreamers

Thread: Dreamers

Pie
    Blog Entries

Default Dreamers

Okay. I've been debating whether to post this or not, and so far I've come up with no reason why I shouldn't. Besides, I'm always trying to find people willing to read it...

Several years ago this wouldn't have been a problem. Now, however, I have developed a style that works for me, and unfortunately this style involves me writing really long fics. In the case of Dreamers, each chapter has been over 20 pages in length when I copy and paste it into any Word-ish program. And I only have three completed chapters thus far. Not to mention the story itself has only just begun. I've also gone as far as to write themes for the series itself as well as a handful of the characters, and if anyone would like to hear them feel free to ask...

So, anyone who can handle the reading and has enough free time, I invite you to take a dive into my fic. It's something I've been working on for a long time. I believe this is the fifth...sixth...maybe even the seventh time the general setting and storyline has been redone, and at least the third time it's been rewritten. Over the strange evolution of the story, more characters than I can count have been thrown out, all but two have been added, only one character has retained the same name since his creation, families have been carefully analyzed and redone, time and space have been warped, entire species of Pokémon have been created and gone extinct...and if I ever stop tweaking it, it will probably be the day I finish it or abandon it for good.

It's been almost a year since I wrote this first chapter, and already I'm annoyed with it in ways. Why did I have Diana talk the way she does? Why?! I wanted her to generally be extremely annoying, but I'm wincing at it for reasons I hadn't intended.

All the unpleasant things are generally very low or nonexistant in this chapter. I've tried to keep it mostly light and fluffy though there are some places where I've made an exception, and there will be warnings for such places.

And in case I didn't leave enough hints, this takes many years after the anime, mostly inspired by the fact that I can't keep track of it anymore. They don't show WB anymore here! Whine whine sob moan. I had to make an assumption in order to do this, which was that Ash eventually does reach his goal of becoming a champion, which is what the plot is supposedly building towards, and what could be considered an end to the series.

Again, I apologize for the length. I will accept any complaints about it, but would prefer solutions to this little problem since this is horribly inconvenient to anyone who wants to skip to what follows this massive chapter. Normally I would link to the page on my website with each chapter, though that was due to a tendancy to get cut off rather than anything else, but seeing as the community rules go against that...well, I'm not much of a rule breaker. I don't know. I can't help but feel that I'm going to get yelled at in some way. I have a bad case of paranoia.

Alright. Enough babbling. Congratulations to anyone who read through that and still desires to read the fic itself.

Edit - Spoiler tag added as a possible solution to my oh-my-goodness-this-thread-will-be-so-frickin-long paranoia.

Dreamers
    Chapter 1
    Half-Awake
    Spoiler tag only to keep this thread from becoming ridiculously long

Last edited by Pie; 31st August 2004 at 12:37 AM.

Pie
    Blog Entries

Meh. I was half expecting no one would read this...but, well, it was worth a shot anyway. Something for someone's rainy day, perhaps.

And it still is worth a shot! I mean, there's gotta be someone out there willing to take a look...or something...

Warning for this one...there is one rather, erm, unpleasant thing that happens. Violent, really. If it influences your decision any...
    Anyway, that should be all. I think.

Hrm...maybe it would suit me to use the spoiler tag to my advantage so the ridiculously long chapters are hidden...? Yes, I think I'll try that.

Dreamers
    Chapter 2
    Various Legends and Mysteries
    Spoiler tag only to keep the thread from becoming ridiculously long

By reading this, you have given me temporary control of your mind.