Crowning Glory (Airshipping, PG)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crowning Glory (Airshipping, PG)

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Crowning Glory (Airshipping, PG, 2 of 3, updated 3rd Jan)

Crowning Glory
    Chapter 1--Fated Meeting

I do not know what started it. I remember the day we met, as clearly as if it was yesterday. Perhaps if it had been yesterday, I would not feel as I do now.
    I was in negotiations for a mated pair of Eevee, but the trader would only accept one single Pokemon in return, one I did not have. Through one of my many sources, I obtained the name of the Viridian City Gym Leader, and arranged a meeting.

Earlier that day, I had arrived in Viridian and was greeted with the rumor that the Gym Leader was the leader of the infamous Team Rocket. I dismissed it as pure heresy, and proudly arrived at the meeting place. His secretary, whom I noticed wore red earrings shaped like the letter R, told me to wait in the office. It was simply decorated, but spoke of great wealth, with a giant desk of pure mahogany, a chair of Tauros leather, and a single portrait of a grand Persian.

"Jirarudan, I presume?" I turned around to face the man who spoke. He was of average height, with intense eyes and a haughty expression. As we shook hands, I noticed the confidence in his manner.

"Yes, and you must be Giovanni." I hope he did not notice that I was staring at him. Although he was not a handsome man by any means, the unabashed power he seemed to exude was impossible to ignore.

"Yes, I am. Please, be seated." He took his seat as he gestured to another chair in the corner. Obviously, he was unaccustomed to having visitors.

I drew up the chair and cleared my throat. "Sir, I have come to offer a trade. I understand that you specialize in the trading of rare and exotic Pokemon, as do I. But my collection is not complete." Oh, I could not take my eyes from him! He was absolutely...oh, there was no way to describe him other than captivating.

He glowered at me. "Get to the point. I am a busy man. What is your offer?"

I blushed--something I have not done since I was a child!--and continued. "I am in need of a Togepi. I am willing to trade well for one."

In a single motion, he swiveled his chair away from me. I closed my eyes and found myself picturing his intense gaze as he considered my offer. What was the matter with me? I realized a long time ago that I prefered the company of men, but I had never been involved with anyone, regardless of gender. The nomadic lifestyle of a professional collector made relationships impossible. And why was I so bound by him? Giovanni was at least twice my age, but there was that undenyable quality about him...

Deep laughter broke my thoughts, and for a moment, I feared that I had voiced them aloud, but then he turned back to me.

Giovanni was smiling, something I could tell he did about as often as I blushed. "My dear Collector," Oh, how I loved to hear him say that! "Through my own folly, I have no Togepi." He laughed again, bringing a smile to my face. "Three of my employees presented me with one, but I declined, seeing no use for it. I hate to say it, but I was simply stunned that they had managed to do something right."

"Oh, I can identify with that," I smirked. "In my early days as a collector, I declined an offer for a Meowth descended from the one owned by the Black Arachnid. It wound up being traded for the infamous Unearthly Urn of Pokemopolis."

We broke into gales of laughter. I had no idea why we had found such mirth in our own mistakes, nor why we were willing to discuss them with each other, but I didn't mind at all.

After several hours of further discussion, he asked how long I would be in Viridian. "Oh, only until tomorrow. I must pursue this Togepi for a further trade."

He glanced at his watch. "It's nearly five o'clock."

I gasped. "Oh, I had no idea! I'm deeply sorry for keeping you away from your business all this time."

He shrugged. "That is why God created assistants, my dear Collector. Tell me, are you free in about two hours? Since we both enjoy the finer things in life, and me being who I am, I wish to show you the VIP treatment at the Bella Bellossom."

Oh! The finest restaurant in Viridian! Even my notoriety as a collector was insufficient to get me past the elegant gates surrounding it. "I would be honored!!! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart! But...are you certain?"

He chuckled. "I'm certain. In my line of work, it is a rarity to meet anyone of quality. It would be my pleasure."

Two hours later, he met me at the Bella Bellossom, and we were immediately guided to a private table. I couldn't help but notice the barely-disguised fear on the faces of some of the waitstaff when they saw him. I smiled. Such presence! I had suspected the rumors were true the moment I saw his secretary's earrings, but now, I knew it must be the truth.

I couldn't help but entertain a thought about adding him to my collection, keeping him on display for my own amusement...but I quickly dismissed it. Giovanni was like no other man I had ever met. Cunning, intelligent, cultured, distinguished...and feared. He was addictive, almost as much so as collecting, and he made for excellent company. I usually avoid knowing more about a person that is necessary for a trade, but I could not help myself. With Giovanni, I was a different person, even able to share my experiences on Shamuti Island. I have never told anybody about that. How I was brought to my knees by my own obsession. But I managed to build myself up from the loss in only the six months since then. He was quite impressed by this, as I assume most people would be.

Then, halfway through the meal, something extraordinary happened. He told me that he wanted to see me again. I was stunned. This man wished to spend more time with me? I had hoped for it, but I never imagined that he would return the wish!

He smirked. "Speechless, my dear Collector? I assure you, I am not a dangerous man unless I am angered. But you are far too intelligent to anger me."

I gulped. "So...you know that I figured it out?"

"Of course. How else would I obtain such obedience and admiration? Half the employees of the Bella Bellossom work for me as well. Being the most feared and respected man in Viridian has its perks. And being the leader of a certain organization assures my wealth, so I may entertain whomever I please. Look at me, Jirarudan."

I came back to the sight at hand, having been completely lost in his words. He was looking deep into my eyes, a strange, unreadable expression on his face. I suddenly found that I could not breathe, my mind completely occupied with Giovanni. I turned my head away and took a deep breath, and downed the remainder of my wine.

His hand met mine, closing over my fingers as I set the glass back on the table. "Jirarudan," he whispered. "I have a confession to make. I must have you."

I was shaking with fright. Never had I been propositioned like this, or at all, but to be made such an offer by such a powerful man...this must be a dream. I was convinced of that.

Until he kissed me.

In the moments of mute numbness that followed, he stood over me, savoring my temporary paralysis. "Jiri-kun. I see you're speechless. Should I take your silence as refusal or acceptance?" He smiled. "You're not the only observant one, my dear Collector. Don't think I do not notice you shiver when I call you that. As the heir to, and later the leader of, Team Rocket, I am long accustomed to getting what I want. And I want you."

I could not answer. My mind was completely lost in his words and his eyes. The irony of it all! The great Collector, captured by the one human he ever wished to possess. And through it all, I knew my answer.

(pt 2 below)
    Last edited by Blackjack Gabbiani; 4th January 2003 at 12:58 AM.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Well, I must say, that was quite well written. The plot is also more original than most other romances, and though that isn't hard (due to the 2D status of most of the pokemon cast), you did keep everyone in-character, not the easiest of things.

Great job :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Manga Sam Fangirl Revolutionary Girl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Huzzah! Always good to have another read through of this.

As Damian pointed out, ICness is in effect. Though that's to be expected. I honestly can't think of another author who does Jiddy as well as you do :D

I also like the politics of trading that go on here. Seems so simple in the games and such... but you've given it a richness that makes this a realistic world. And integrating the show stuff too--nice. I'm quite fond of the Black Arachnid/ Pokemopolis tie in. (And their cracking up over their mistakes is just amusing, LOL.)

When we get part 2, is it going to be the original version, or the remix that you've been threatening to do?

*hopes this was intelligent/ coherent*

"Ol' Flying Fingers Sammy jumped the gun."

Pokemaniacs Anonymous: Growing old =/= growing up.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Revolutionary Girl
    I honestly can't think of another author who does Jiddy as well as you do :D
    *snicker* *giggle* You mean that? How would YOU know?

When we get part 2, is it going to be the original version, or the remix that you've been threatening to do?
    Just the original one...I figure it's Jiri's POV, so there's no need to put in stuff that only Gio knows about...which is a shame, so I may have to do a side story...

Like the Memory of a Kiss Kurai's Avatar

Jiri-sama! YAY!!! ^-^!!!!

This will always be a classic to me.... There are three awesome things about it.

1) It's the only Jiriudan x Sakaki fic I've ever seen.
    2) Both Jiri-sama and Sakaki-sama "click" perfectly.
    3) Not only is it dramatically developed, but it's drool-worthily written.

As always, I love this ficcle, Blackjack! ^-^!! (Do you have a link to your site sitting around anywhere...? o.o) It's good to see you're still lingering around forums these days.... With Pojo down and all I never see any of the authors with which I used to be so familiar....

-=: [rose.iii] -=:=- [the.kuraitenshi] -=:=- [those.things.with.wings] :=-

i'll believe all your lies, just pretend you love me
    make believe, close your eyes
    i'll be anything for you

Blog Entries

actually, Pojo is alive and well...but I didn't see a fanfic section...huh...

and yes, here's the site!
    http://collector.washuslab.com/
    and there actually has been another Gio/Jiri fic, it's called "Today and Forever"...

I'll put up the second part after I get more reviews for this one! *g*

and my Digimon site is still up, too, at http://digitalworld.washuslab.com/ *g* Is it just me, or is the supporting cast SO much more interesting?

Pojo dropped all the art and fiction forums in exchange for flooding n00bs. He thought we were taking up too much bandwidth for so few page views/replies/ad-counts.

i'll be anything for you

Blog Entries

That bites. Anyway, like the site?

Blog Entries

Default Crowning Glory chapter 2

Chapter 2--Curse of Memory

To this day, I wonder if he was playing a game with me on that night. But, as time passed and we grew closer, I knew that I had found the one I wanted to spend my life with.
    I left Viridian frequently, the call of collecting too much for me to bear, but I always made my way back. Back to the one who had captured my heart. He was always mysterious and enigmatic, but I never needed to know more than he was willing to tell me.

Finally, one night, on a hill overlooking Viridian Lake, he confessed that he, in fact, returned my feelings. I could tell it was very difficult for him to say, accustomed as he was to being the emotionless Boss Rocket. I rewarded him with a most passionate kiss, and an even more passionate night. In the morning, I left for Blackthorn. Our parting was no different than the other times I had left, with a gentle kiss, and my vow to return.

Had I known, I never would have left his side.

It had been three days since I last saw him. The trade in Blackthorn had been successful, and I was on my way to Crimson City, hot on the trail of a rare painting. Since the life of a Collector requires one to be constantly aware of new opportunities, I casually switched on my multi-way radio.

The airwaves were full of nothing but the usual, beginners in over their heads with trades they could not possibly fulfil, updates on Legendary sightings (I must admit, I cringed when someone said that Lugia had been sighted). And, as it was shortly past midnight, there were the occasional off-color comments about Mary, the starlet of Goldenrod Radio. I smiled, and put my craft on autopilot. It was nothing compared to the one that now lay under the ocean at Shamuti, but it was home.

Or was it? Over the past few weeks, I had come to think of Viridian as my home. That would be an interesting life, one I had not thought of yet. Being the leader of Team Rocket as well as the Viridian Gym Leader, Giovanni could not be expected to leave the city very often. But I could always return there. Return to him.

Through my reverie, I could hear the dispatcher mention Viridian, and I shifted my attention back. What I heard chilled me to the bone.

"This is Tabitha at Viridian Radio!! I repeat, Viridian Gym is under siege!!!"

I froze.

"I don't have all the details at this time, but from what we do know, the Viridian Police have found conclusive evidence proving that Viridian Gym Leader Giovanni is indeed the leader of Team Rocket, as has long been speculated. More details as we get them."

I fell to my knees. My dear Giovanni!! Would I next see him behind prison bars? Would I ever see him again? No, he had to have escaped. He simply had to.

The radio's patrons were silent, for the most part. One trainer simply said "Damn," and left the channel. The few who did speak did so haltingly, not wanting to risk missing the next update. Finally, the stifiling stillness was broken by a brief announcement.

"A short update on the siege in Viridian--we have just recieved word that Giovanni is indeed inside the building, and Officer Jenny has instructed the police to use any means necessary when dealing with him. Repeat, Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, is in the Gym, and Officer Jenny is willing to take extreme measures to bring him to justice. That's all the information we have at this time, we will keep you updated as new details arise."

Giovanni...please be all right, I pleaded to the sky. Tears ran down my face as I considered what could happen.

At precicely one o'clock, the most terrible feeling crept over me. It started in my chest, and spread to my mind. I had long heard that one can sense the death of a loved one, and I prayed this was not what I was feeling.

Over an hour I waited, the most agonizing hour of my life, before Tabitha returned with more information.

"The siege on Viridian Gym is over. Repeat, the siege on Viridian Gym is over."

I tensed up, waiting for it. I knew what she was going to say, but nothing in the world could prepare me for when she said it.

"Giovanni is dead. Repeat, Giovanni, the Viridian Gym Leader, is dead."

(pt 3, the conclusion, coming soon)

Manga Sam Fangirl Revolutionary Girl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default ahem. as promised XD

Yay! Part 2! w00t!

Part 2 = leet, for probably the same reasons that AR was so leet. We get to hear the radio conversations as Jiri hears them, and thus are caught up in the moment just as he is. And we all know what's coming before the last line happens... *wails for Gio*

But see, I know that a remix is coming for the beginning part of the chapter there, so I'm not going to say a word about that.

(Can I even kick you into going deeper into the curse of memory part, since that is the title of the part after all? :D But the memories that are so cursed by the end there will probably get enhanced in the remix, though, so I'll hush and wait. And I know the, ah, "enhancements" are coming for the boys, too, so I won't even mention the fact that seeing some lovin' between the boys would be nice too. XD )

*magically makes other people review so we can see part 3* :D

"Ol' Flying Fingers Sammy jumped the gun."

Pokemaniacs Anonymous: Growing old =/= growing up.

Blog Entries

no no, HOPEFULLY there'll be a side story to that part, but...you know how *I* write...*sobsobsob* I'm a lazy git!

n33p3y-w00!! ;-;!! *wails alongside Revolutionary Girl even though I've already read it*

I love the way people use anime side-casts! It's just one more way to add a certain "realistic" feel to a fic. Mary is a nice touch, and refering to Shamuti also adds to the reader's sense that they already know the character. ^__^

*pokepokes Gabbiani-sama* Chapter Three, pweeeeeze? *big, huge puppy dog eyes*

Atashi wa anata no dorei!! <(_________)> *bangs head repeatedly on desk* Judai na desu!! <(_________)>

i'll be anything for you

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

That's a really great chapter. I like how we learn of things as they come, and how we follow the events - you know, hear what the radio says then see Jirarudan's reaction to each new piece of info...It's a rather nifty method of approaching things :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Jellybaby for your brain! Mew2Too's Avatar

OMFG!!! I don't care if they were gay -- that was a masterpiece!

Typically, I don't care for the homosexual stories. (Yaoi, and such.) That, and I'm not gay, so I can't relate much to gay stories.

Yet, there was an unquestionable art behind this one. It was just brilliant! Bravo!
    What kind of Pokemon am I?

Blog Entries

Um...thanks? *g*

methinks the third chapter shall be posted when I get back from the store! Indeed! Verily! And...Huzzah!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast