Changes

Thread: Changes

Default Changes

...I can't believe I wrote this. Seriously. It's slightly Gooseberryshippy, you see. Very slightly. I'm not even sure it be in here. Gooseberryshipping is Jun'ichi x Tracey. I'm a Backshipper! *weeps*

Anyway, I'm not very happy about how this one turned out. I've never been good at writing fics, especially shippy fics. *sweatdrops* I think I'll stick to the fanart from now on. *scuttles off*

Changes

Authors Note: Jun'ichi, Kenji or any of the various Pokemon characters do not belong to me. All belong to Nintendo. With that out of the way, you can't sue me! :D

It had been over six years since that day. Even so, it didn't seem that long ago. He hadn't even changed that much, judging by the photo Proffessor Elm had taken. Yes, he had gotten taller and his voice had gotten deeper, but apart from that, he looked just like he had when his journey had began.

His appearence was not only the thing that hadn't changed much. Kenta was still stronger than him, faster than him more popular with the girls than him, just like he was when they were ten. His relationship with Marina-chan hadn't changed much either. She still longed after that overconfident prat, Wataru. She still only regarded him as a friend. It's not like there were any mixed signals, either. He made it perfectly clear that he wanted her... that he cared for her more than anything else.

They had changed though. A year ago, Kenta had become the Johto League Champion, knocking Wataru off his pedastal. If you had told him befoere it had happened, he would most likely have been happy. That is, until Marina-chan had 'realized' that she 'loved' him and jumped into his arms. Bastard. Kenta knew how he felt about her. Any good friend would have stepped aside. Not Kenta though... he had to have everything. Do everything.

...Maybe things hadn't changed that much after all.

Slowly taking down the group photo from his bedroom wall, he took out his cloth and wiped away the dust that had gathered while he had been away on his second journey. Some journey. After losing in the Johto League for the forth time, he had travelled to the Orenji Islands to attempt to find his uncle, who, as Proffesor Elm had told him, had vanished there several years ago. Needless to say, he had failed. The only information he could glean from the people living on the island nearest to where he had vanished was that soon after arriving on their island, he had been taken away by helicopter and they hadn't seen him since.

...The frame is falling apart. I'll have to get another one.

Just then, the phone began to ring, snapping him out of his thoughts. Picking up the reciever, the vain hope that it would be Marina-chan entered his mind. "Hello?"

"Hello, Jun'ichi! It's Kenji. I'm calling from Elm's Lab. I've got those research papers you requested from Professor Elm. I hope you don't mind, but I... I took a little peek at them. I didn't know you were interested in Mew."

Mew? Not again...

"...I'm not. Heh, I guess Elm got the wrong end of the stick again. I asked him for information about Lugia, the Legendary Bird. I guess 'Lugia' and 'Mew' sound alike in that little world he's always in!"

"Lugia? You don't have to rely on Elm for that. If it's alright with you, I'll come over to your place. I've been researching Lugia myself, so maybe we can pool our efforts...?"

"Really? That would be great. I'll get my laptop loaded up if you want to come round now."

"Okay, I'll be right over. The professor is pretty wrapped up in his work right now, so I don't think he'll mind. Hey, maybe once we've gotten our heads together, we might even be able to find Lugia! See you later, Jun'ichi!"

"...Bye."

Just as he was about to grab his laptop, he noticed how scruffy he looked in the mirror. Grabbing a comb, he rearranged his hair into it's normal spiked style and straightened out his collor.

Why? It was just another guy coming round. A guy that I don't really know at that. Kenji was just staying with Professor Elm while some Oak guy was on holiday with some woman.

Just then, he noticed that he as blushing slightly.

...Maybe I have changed after all.

Authors note 2: Hmmmmmmmmm... I like this one much better. I did another version of this, but it very pretty rushed and I didn't like it. This one isn't great, but I like it. Yay for my first Jun'ichi fic! Yeah, I know. I'm not very good at writing. I think it's because I try too hard. It's horribly OOC for one. Jun'ichi is supposed to be this happy, eccentric guy. But here he's all moody and cold. Meh, it's been ages since I've seen the Raikou Special. I feel that to truly write a good fanfic, you have to have just absorbed the character, so the speak. Meh, I not that good at fanfiction, especially shippy fanfiction. ESPECIALLY Boy x Boy fanfiction. Anyway, still yay. Oh, and I couldn't help but slip in that little Gooseberryshipping undertone thing at the end, despite me being a Backshipper. =^_^=
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Needs proofreading, somewhat, but a very interesting fic. It seems like the first chapter in something, really.

WATCH me not ask for a second part! I'd be a hypocrate if I did!

And I didn't think Jun'ichi was OOC, this is just another side to him. And I like the implication that Marina just wants reflected glory...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Needs proofreading, somewhat, but a very interesting fic. It seems like the first chapter in something, really.

WATCH me not ask for a second part! I'd be a hypocrate if I did!

And I didn't think Jun'ichi was OOC, this is just another side to him. And I like the implication that Marina just wants reflected glory...
    Yes. I'm thinking of looking over it again, and making a few slight changes. Like I said, I wasn't completly happy with it. n.n;

As for a second chapter, I have a few ideas regarding it. I said before that I'd written a different version of it, which was basically the first part of the story with another ending tacked on. I didn't like it, because it felt rushed. However, on reflection, given expansion, it could be a good idea. (It involves Tracey, the rain, and him taking his shirt off. o.o;)

Just a thought, but how could you miss the subtle nods towards Jiri and Eldershipping? XD

Oh, and thank you for your input. I'm just off to check out what the SPP members thought of it. (Although, that said, I wouldn't be suprised if it was totally ignored. You know, with it being boy x boy and not Pokeshipping/Advancedshipping. :P)

Edit- And it has! Not one reply. And since I can't double post, I can't wrench it back to the first page, which is really where everybody looks. :P
    Last edited by Alfonso; 30th July 2004 at 06:40 AM.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ooh, I missed the Jiri reference--but I got the Eldershippy one!