Blink

Thread: Blink

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Blink

Watching his descent was like watching the formation of a whirlpool. It starts small, where you think it may go away. Then it gets bigger and bigger, taking more and more, and you don't notice it until you blink. And by then, it's too big to control.

I blinked once too often, and he was no longer Minaki. He demanded to be known as "Eusine", cementing his connection with the legendary Suicune. At first I thought it was cute, and called him such as a nickname.

He visited Ecruteak more and more, and told me it was to see me. But he never spent time with me unless I saw him at the site of either of the Towers. Gone were the days when I would open the door of the Gym and he would be leaning against the side of the building, acting as though it didn't matter but his eyes giving away that it did.

Although eventually, it truly didn't matter.

He would remain at the towers, or in the ancient books room at the library, and I would stand behind him in the hopes that he would notice me. I blinked, and he was gone, without acknowledging me.

Finally I confronted him, one night at the Tin Tower. He turned, fury in his eyes, and demanded to know why I was following him. I told him that I wanted to know what had happened.

Then I blinked, and he had a knife at my throat.

I tried to fight him, but I was trapped in the whirlpool. I could feel it starting to cut, could feel his hot breath on the back of my neck as he whispered his judgement against me...

And then the Crystal Bells started to chime. Quickly, he pulled away, looking around.

But we had both blinked once too often. Suicune was standing behind us, fury raging in its eyes. Eusine's anger had profaned the sacred place.

Eusine smirked, the self-confident expression he usually bore giving way to fervor and fanaticism as he declared once more that it was his divine path to capture the Dog of the North Wind.

But Suicune had not blinked, and attacked him. A single Hyper Beam felled him, and the great creature continued on.

I rushed to Eusine's side, taking him in my arms. He was struggling to breathe, keeping himself alive by sheer determination. Brushing a stray hair from his face, I kissed him softly.

"M...Morty..." he whispered, a far lighter tone than his threats had been just a moment ago. "...it's my destiny, isn't it? M...my years of devotion meant nothing?"

I didn't know how to respond to that. "Shhh...save your strength."

He shook his head, and for some reason he was smiling. "...done for...my path has finished here..." His gaze followed the form of the tower, sillouetted in the reflected moonlight. "...I can think of no better spot..."

I blinked, and he had driven the knife into his heart, the smile not falling from his face. "Eusine!" I gasped.

"No no...just...I'm just...Minaki..." Any further words were lost, and he went limp in my grasp.

Resting him on the ground, I blinked, letting the tears stream down my face.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Again, you asked, I do in respect. *better watch out; may ask you to repay the favor* X3

I've read this before (MortyMortyMorty!), and I thought it was okay. But now that I gave it a second go, I realize something.

Suicune and its brothers were caught in a fire started by humans and were killed as the result, Ho-oh saving them and changing them into what they are now, in what is now the burnt tower. The tin tower was erected in memory of that time, and in hopes Ho-oh would return one day.

So even though Eusine positively lost it, threatening to spill blood in the new tower (and like mentioned, a sacred place), would that give Suicune the right to kill him? You'd think after dying once, the Beasts wouldn't exactly choose to send even a human through what they did, even if they deserved it.

Even after what Bishasu did to Celebi (and what his ultimate goals were to be) and the forest (and the lake, which also seemed sacred), he still lived in Suicune's presense. A warning-shot love-tap wouldn't have been too much for Eusine, would it?

Ehe, m'sorry. ^^;; Not supposed to be picking it apart. I liked the drama, and the psychotic aspects. XD I like when they're that kinna crazy, but it still can't change my opinion that Eusine's a jerk.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, it's that he was trying to kill Morty flat out. Suicune didn't really have that much contact with the Marauder, and was more concerned with purifying the lake. But in a situation like this, Suicune doesn't have any other pressing concerns like it did then, so when someone tries to kill in its name, it's not about to let that happen.

Wow, there are so many stories now a days that involve Suicune...but anyway. Yours is truely the best I've read. I actually have never read one that WASN"T about Team Rocket and written by you besides Obsession. Well anyway, while your Team Rocket ones will always be my favorite, it is nice to see some adversity.
    /\\\