~The Koku Region~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: ~The Koku Region~

Wink ~The Koku Region~

I have been kind of working on a Fakemon thing since I was a kid. So... I suppose I shall post some ideas and drawings here~ c: This thread should be constantly updated as I've made around 150 Fakemon haha. :"D Plus the plot, environments, characters and other things. I plan to upload atleast most of my ideas before Gen 6 is completely unveiled, or else I might die. xD; What I mean is, well, Fennekin is highly similar to my Fire Starter, and I really hope Chespin doesn't become too much like an armadillo!

Hello again! I'm editing my previous posts with updated designs, information and ideas to match the upcoming Gen 6 alterations. My previous post will be kept in italics. If anyone prefers any previous designs or ideas or has any other commentary, feel free to have a say!

Anyways, I hope you guys like these. They're scrappy, quick drawings just to show the idea. c: Have any questions? Feel free to ask! I'm happy to answer. : )

#001 Bladillo
    1.png
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Overgrow
    Height: 0.6 m
    Weight: 9 kg
    Moves:
    Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Leech Seed
    Metal Claw
    Iron Defense
    Leaf Blade
    Synthesis
    Slash
    Iron Tail
    Hone Claws
    Solar Beam

Base Stats: 55 Hp 65 Atk 65 Dfs 40 Sp Atk 50 Sp Dfs 40 Spd

Pokedex Entry: Bladillo uses the gem on its tail to absorb light for both nutrition and storing power for attacks. It is a tough Pokemon for its size, using its hard shell for defense while attacking with its new, sharp claws.

Bladillo is based off an armadillo,

UPDATE: Bladillo is now more based off an Armadillo Lizard but its design also comes from roses. Its tail is based off a newly sprouting rose, but combined with the club of an anklyosaur which its evolution family is inspired by. They live in small groups near water in lush forests, as the water keeps it refreshed and damp, like moss. The gem on its tail is the reason for its ability to learn Synthesis, Leech Seed and Solar Beam.
    It is my personal favourite. Heh.

#002 Armoblade
    2.png
    Type: Grass/Steel
    Height: 1.2 m
    Weight: 38 kg
    Moves:
    Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Leech Seed
    Metal Claw
    Iron Defense
    Leaf Blade
    Synthesis
    Slash
    Iron Tail
    Hone Claws
    Power Whip

Base stats: 70 HP 90 Atk 87 Dfs 57 Sp Atk 60 Sp Dfs 55 Spd

Pokedex Entry: It sharpens its claws with competitive spirit in battle. They live deep in the midst of forests, awaiting tough opponents.

Something important about designing Pokemon- it has got to be something you believe someone would catch and train, or even become someone's favourite Pokemon. Every Pokemon has to be interesting in their own way. In this case, Armoblade are tough, but cool in terms of design. Well, that's what I thought when I created it. xD I think they would live alone, deep in forests, hiding in mossy caves.

# Thornorus

Type: Grass/Steel
    Height: 1.7 m
    Weight: 110 kg
    Moves:
    Earthquake
    Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Leech Seed
    Metal Claw
    Iron Defense
    Leaf Blade
    Synthesis
    Slash
    Iron Tail
    Hone Claws
    Heavy Slam
    Power Whip
    Frenzy Plant

Base Stats: 95 HP 110 Atk 100 Dfs 70 Sp Atk 80 SpDfs 70 Spd

Pokedex Entry: Thornorus has a vicious tail that can smash boulders into pieces. However, it sleeps regularly in lush forests.

Thornorus is heavily based off an Anklyosaurus and its tail is based off a rose and its thorns. I could imagine this Pokemon in caves, with many of the walls and rocks around it carved due to it sharpening its claws. If undisturbed, they could rest so long that they would become covered in moss itself because of the conditions it would sleep in.

I'm a bit tired at the moment and it's passed midnight here. So this is all for now~ The fire starter is up next~ I hope you like them so far. c:
    Last edited by Foxeaf; 12th September 2013 at 01:05 AM.

Smile~

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ~The Koku Region~

Absolutely beautiful. Fantastic job!
    Foxeaf likes this.

Thank you for your comment, MidnightSunset~! ^^

When creating these 'mons, I wanted to go for the Gen 1 feel. In the original 151 Pokemon they were more animal-like. (realistically speaking, not in terms of what they are based off) This generation survived on its own when it came to representing the "Pokemon world". Such as Rhyhorn and Nidorino grazing in a savannah while Rapidash and Ponyta gallop through, it worked I guess. But I also took a lot of inspiration from Gen 5 for its unique design, the use of shape and colour in each Pokemon to make them so different.

Now, to the fire starters! *(click on them for full view I guess. )

#004 Panwa
    04.png
    Type: Fire
    Ability: Blaze
    Height: 0.5 m
    Weight: 6.9 kg
    Moves:
    Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Ember
    Odor Sleuth
    Fire Fang
    Ice Fang
    Thunder Fang
    Agility
    Crunch
    Inferno

Base stats: 45 HP 60 Atk 40 Dfs 65 Spatk 45 Sp Dfs 65 Spd

Pokedex Entry: Panwa are quite timid and are quick to flee once startled. They burn holes in trees with their fangs to create shelter.

However, Panwa grow out of being timid once a good caretaker looks after it. Like Charmander, they can specialize in both Spatk and Atk, allowing trainers to choose their combat style. I thought it would be diverse to let it learn each of the "fangs". xP
    Panwa went through a massive style change when Fennekin was introduced, including the tail and head design. They are based off red pandas, but I didn't want them to look too much like a red panda as they are Pokemon~ They are small, fluffy and warm. Like a tiny Flareon. Its eyes are blue to allow a strong contrast, but also because their later forms are combined with tigers, following the idea of the "Chinese Zodiac". :"D

#005 Torwa
    05.png
    Height: 1 m
    Weight: 20 kg
    Moves:
    Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Ember
    Odor Sleuth
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch
    Agility
    Mega Punch
    Crunch
    Inferno

Base Stats: 65 HP 75 Atk 50 Dfs 78 Sp Atk 60 Sp Dfs 80 Spd

Pokedex Entry: Once evolved, Torwa become more quick and agile in battle. They can produce a tough flame from the tips of its tail.

I'd like to point out that Panwa is a small campfire, while Torwa is a torch and their final evolution is a bonfire. c: I really like the design of this one, but its tail was in constant change. xD The flame would appear like a torch at the end of its tail. I guess it would be a good Pokemon to have when traveling in the dark..

#006 Scoriger
    06.png
    Height: 1.5 m
    Weight: 88 kg
    Moves:
    Flare Blitz
    Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Ember
    Odor Sleuth
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch
    Agility
    Mega Punch
    Crunch
    Inferno
    Blast Burn

Base Stats: 80 HP 100 Atk 73 Dfs 100 SpAtk 80 Sp Dfs 97 Spd

Pokedex Entry: The tail of a Scoriger is in constant flame. It burns brightly when it is content.

You could guess that a Scorigers' fur is beautiful. This line is the only "non reptile" of the "starters". When you own a Scoriger, please avoid burning yourself with its' tail~

Smile~

Haha~ I suppose I'll just post the Water starter now. :D

#007 Blufis
    07.png
    Type: Water
    Ability: Torrent
    Height: 0.5 m
    Weight: 5.7 kg
    Moves:
    Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Water Gun
    Mud Sport
    Water Pulse
    Mud Bomb
    Surf
    Aqua Ring
    Mist
    Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump

Base Stats: 75 HP 40 Atk 52 Dfs 60 Sp Atk 53 Sp Dfs 40 Spd

Pokedex Entry: Blufis are cheerful Pokemon and prefer to swim in water than walk on land. Their large ears help them keep balance when walking and swimming.

Blufis is adorable~ He's facing the other way because he's cool like that. Blufis live among rivers with its larger evos for protection as they can't defend themselves too well. Its large tail is used to push it along in the water. They're based off Axolotl (in the belief that Mudkip are mudskippers). I tried to keep it simple, with a Gen 1 style. Could you imagine this guy doing a Rain Dance? :"D

#008 Amblave
    08.png
    Type: Water
    Weight: 30 kg
    Moves:
    Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Water Gun
    Mud Sport
    Ancient Power
    Mud Bomb
    Surf
    Aqua Ring
    Power Gem
    Mist
    Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump

Base Stats: 80 HP 60 Atk 70 Dfs 80 Sp Atk 74 Sp Dfs 50 Spd

Pokedex Entry: Amblave have a great talent of using water in combat. They have tough scales that shine when wet.

Amblave may have a tough looking demeanor, but unlike Armoblade, they prefer not to fight. They swim regularly in rivers, as they prefer fresh water. Once soaked, they bathe in sunlight on top of rocks, displaying their fully developed blue scales in full colour. If they are looked after well, their scales may shine a slight purple too.
    Designing the middle evo for this Pokemon was incredibly difficult.

#009 Hydrock
    09.png
    Type: Water/Rock
    Weight: 98 kg
    Moves:
    Focus Blast
    Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Water Gun
    Mud Sport
    Ancient Power
    Mud Bomb
    Surf
    Aqua Ring
    Power Gem
    Mist
    Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump
    Hydro Cannon

Base Stats: 115 HP 78 Atk 89 Dfs 109 Sp Atk 80 Sp Dfs 80 Spd

Pokedex Entry: Rocks begin to form on the body of Hydrock as it grows older. They are said to possess the main source of a Hydrock's power.

Its shape allows perfect balance and speed when traveling in the water. It is able to blast powerful shots of water at foes through its gaping jaws.
    I wanted to create a Pokemon that people would be able to surf on, like a Blastoise or Lapras. Unlike the previous two final evos, this design and concept was constantly changing. It either didn't look "threatening" enough, or its design started to resemble Suicune too much or it didn't look like it would hold a trainer on its back comfortably. I tried to give it a nice, broad movepool.

The reason why this Pokemon can learn Surf naturally is because if this game were real (haha), there would be no HMs. The idea was that certain people at points of the story would teach you how to ride a Pokemon in water, or to fly on one. There would be a selection of which Pokemon could do what, so it would become an instant thing (like fast travel) instead of having the Pokemon to know that particular move. I need to keep the list broad and diverse, otherwise it would still be a pain to make sure that your Pokemon can learn these techniques.
    Pokemon can still learn these attacks naturally, however. c:

The three starters and their typing are done on purpose-Water and Rock both defeat Fire, while Fire is strong against both Grass and Steel, while both Steel and Grass is effective against Water and Rock. However, each Pokemon can learn attacks to defeat its weakeness, allowing an almost equal match.
    That is one reason why I would love the new gen 6 starters to have the Dark, Psychic, Fighting trio.

That is all~ I hope you like the starters so far!

Smile~

These are amazing [way better than anything in my region], but the first set is a little "Digimon-ish" in my opinion.

Ah, don't say things like that. Both of our regions are just different. x3
    Haha, it does. Sort of. Digimon are a lot more weapon-based, and way more detailed than Thornorus. Also the eye styles are completely different. (I kind of designed a whole set of Digimon and its own little series, too... :"D )
    Thornorus's main inspiration in terms of style was generation ones' "monsters"- Rhydon, Nidoking, Kangaskhan etc. I wanted him to look as bulky, threatening and dinosaur-like as they were.
    Thank you for your comment~! :D

Smile~

I see, that's a good place for inspiration. The eyes were really what came off as similar to Digimon for me, they just have that kind of glint to them is all [but my computer hates images, so I'm not seeing them at full quality]. Your welcome too. ^^ I like your sig btw.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Absolutely amazing work. I can't wait to see what else you have in store!
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Thank you everyone! Sorry about the delay, I had a few things to complete before moving on!

Well then, moving on~ Haha

Next comes the "common Pokemon" of the region. My Pokedex is meant to be created in an order where the Professor discovered each Pokemon when they were exploring the island of Koku. (Oh, I'll get to the map of the region soon enough. :3 )
    So of course the most common Pokemon goes first.

#010 Corro
    10.png
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Pick Up/Run Away
    Height: 0.4 m
    Weight: 3 kg
    Moves:
    Scratch
    Charm
    Bide
    Quick Attack
    Helping Hand
    Hyper Fang
    Flail
    Heart Stamp
    Covet
    Super Fang
    Night Slash

Base Stats: 35 HP 45 Atk 40 Dfs 35 Sp Atk 40 Sp Dfs 55 Spd

Pokedex Entry: Corro hide in small groups in grassy fields. This is why their fur appears green, to camouflage with their surroundings. They are a common pet.

When I created the most common Pokemon, my main inspiration came from the Nidoran family. (You could say that the shape is based off them, but that was unintentional and I did everything I could to keep the original design but make it different from the Nido families)
    I really like the Nidoran, they can be commonly found living in the fields of the Pokemon World. They can be kept as pets while still be seen as wild Pokemon. They are the perfect cute but tough Pokemon. Heh.
    Corro are based off mice or rats, but they were created with the idea of a small, cute animal that lives in mounds of dirt or sand with grass as protection as they cannot easily defend themselves. The grass may be their main source of food.
    Run Away and Pick up were chosen as their abilities as they both fit the Pokemon criteria, as they are timid and they have large ears and good noses for finding items or enemies, but also because this Pokemon is best for beginners. Game wise, their aim is to aid young trainers with their abilities that help them out during the beginning, but also with their arrange of attacks that helps the person understand strategy and battle techniques.

I forgot the evolution methods in the previous Pokedex Entries.. Each starter evolves at lv 18, then again at lv 36.

#011 Corang
    11.png
    Ability: Pick Up/Unaware
    Weight: 33 kg
    Moves:
    Scratch
    Charm
    Bide
    Helping Hand
    Hyper Fang
    Flail
    Heart Stamp
    Super Fang
    Night Slash
    Belly Drum
    Endeavor

Base Stats: 75 HP 80 Atk 80 Dfs 60 Sp atk 78 Sp Dfs 65 Spd

Pokedex Entry: Corang are seen as rather quiet Pokemon, grown with no wish to harm others. Their claws can be deadly when provoked, however. A well trained Corang will be very docile and loyal.

This Pokemon is one of the two most common "domesticated" Pokemon of the region, as pets anyway. Corang are based off Tree Kangaroos, as I found their shape interesting to use. They are slow moving, which is why they lose the Run Away ability. Corang climb trees to stay away from predators, using their large ears as balance, but also to keep an eye out for their young in the fields once they have hatched. They are in constant war during the breeding season with the next Pokemon in the Dex.

Stay tuned~ :3

Corro-Lv 15-Corang
    Last edited by Foxeaf; 23rd February 2013 at 09:41 PM.

Smile~

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Still amazing!!! You are an exceptional artist.
    Foxeaf likes this.

I like Corrang. I noticed none of your fakemon have the type of Pokémon they are, like the Boomerang Pokémon or something like that.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir On Twitter Add Mikes Gardevoir on Google+
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir on Tumblr Visit Mikes Gardevoir's Youtube Channel

Just by looking at Corro and Corang I though they were both grass or part grass I like all of them though keep up the good work
    Foxeaf likes this.

Listening to the Pokemon game soundtrack-mainly the Red and Blue soundtrack- I feel inspired to continue working. It also helps me achieve a certain style that keeps to the "original" Pokemon feel.

Well, I try to keep it that way.

#012 Periek
    12.png
    Ability: Big Pecks
    Height: 0.3 m
    Weight: 1 kg
    Moves:
    Peck
    Growl
    Fury Attack
    Focus Energy
    Uproar
    Scary Face
    Round
    Featherdance
    Thrash
    Hyper Voice

Base Stats: 35 Hp 45 Atk 30 Dfs 45 Sp Atk 35 Sp Dfs 30 Spd

Pokedex Entry: During the breeding season, grassy areas echo with the shrieks and calls of young Periek. They are small and rather ferocious when in battle.

Periek and its first evo is based off a cuckoo, mainly around the habit of cuckoos where they lay their eggs in other birds nests and leave them there. When the young cuckoo hatches, they push the "real" eggs off the nest and command the unknowing adopted mother for food, consistently. So Perieks evolution, Lawreik, often lay their eggs in the nests of Corro and Corang. This is how the two species of Pokemon feud during the breeding season. It would be rather loud and annoying to live near grassy coastlines where these two Pokemon often meet.

The design is based of a nest, as I wanted Periek to look different compared to "other starter Flying types". It also doesn't have a Flying type at all during its evolution, which is also pretty unique I guess. The nest design makes Periek look like a spoiled baby who never grew up, haha. The tuff of red feathers at the top is based off chickens, and it "flares up" to scare away predators. The back of a Pereik has an angry face design as an Easter egg. 'w'

These Pokemon are next in the Pokedex because they are commonly found near Route 1, which is a coastal area. (and where the ships would've sailed to to find this region.)

#013 Lawriek
    13.png
    Ability: Big Pecks
    Height: 0.9 m
    Weight: 30 kg
    Moves:
    Peck
    Growl
    Fury Attack
    Focus Energy
    Uproar
    Round
    Featherdance
    Thrash
    Hyper Voice

Base Stats: 60 Hp 65 Atk 55 Dfs 65 Sp Atk 60 Sp Dfs 50 Spd

Pokedex Entry: Lawriek are farmed for their eggs and meat. In the wild, they lay their eggs in other Pokemon's nests and return when the young are older to teach them how to swim. Sometimes, the Lawriek can't find their young as they had wandered too far inland or away from water banks.

There are two sides to a Lawriek, the domesticated, farmed side and the cuckoo based feral side. Domesticated Lawriek are trained to lose the habit of laying eggs, fertilized or not, in other Pokemon nests. They are similar to chicken, hence the tuff of red feathers on its head. You can actually find a farm of Lawriek in game on your way to your first badge.

Lawreik teach Periek how to swim because once they evolve, they move into the ocean where they feed on many Water Pokemon and rest on shores before they age and die. It's kind of like a ritual for this species, so when the Lawreik are old enough and have already mated, they leave for the ocean.

#014 Aquard
    14.png
    Type: Normal/Water
    Ability: Shell Armour
    Weight: 45 kg
    Moves:
    Peck
    Growl
    Fury Attack
    Focus Energy
    Uproar
    Round
    Featherdance
    Clamp
    Thrash
    Muddy water
    Hyper Voice

Base Stats: 94 Hp 80 Atk 86 Dfs 75 Sp Atk 90 Sp Dfs 65 Spd

Pokedex Entry: In the wild, young Aquard are impossible to find. Their growth is steady and slow. Aquard migrate large bodies of water in flocks to find food and shelter.

Trainers can train their Pereik young to evolve into an Aquard early, if they train it well. It's another Pokemon that is built for "surfing". (I really want a variety of Pokemon trainers could surf upon)
    The design was intended to look old and rough, fitting its personality.

Periek-Lv 20-Lawriek-Lv 30-Aquard
    Last edited by Foxeaf; 23rd February 2013 at 09:39 PM.

Smile~

Quote Originally Posted by Obliveon View Post
    I like Corrang. I noticed none of your fakemon have the type of Pokémon they are, like the Boomerang Pokémon or something like that.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. If i were to label the Pokemon, I would stray away from using "real life" animal terms, such as "Buffalo" or "Seahorse" as it breaks the sense of a "Pokemon world". However, broader terms like "Rodent" I would still use.

Also Mike-3454, thanks for commenting and that is the idea of Corro. The fur helps them camoflage. I also created too many Grass types for this region, so I had to cut them down. Giving Corro a Grass secondary type would've given the Fire Starter too much of an advantage at an early stage, and the Water starter too much of a disadvantage.
    Bill Cipher likes this.

Smile~

Aquard. XD Best Pokémon name ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast