Tokyo's Sprite contest: Round one.

Thread: Tokyo's Sprite contest: Round one.

Why are you reading this? Tokyokit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Tokyo's Sprite contest: Round one.

Yes, this is another sprite contest. How original, no? Well, I guess you coud say that, but not all of the ideas are original. No judjes will be needed, because others judging just wouldn't work. They would pick their fave, and not point out anything. Trust me, I have seen it way too much.

Anyway, on to this theme.
    And the theme is...Serpents!
    You can use anyone's tail if it looks like a serpent (Rayquaza and Arbok, for instance) and fuse it with another Pokemon, and recolor with whatever.

Scoring critiria:

Recoloring. Was it recolored correctly? Are the colors too contrasct, or too little? Total points: 5
    Fusing. Is it correctly fused? Does it look too Copy/pastish? Total points: 5
    Theme. Does it fit the given theme? Total Points: 10
    Shading. Is there too little, or too much shading? Does it have fliped parts without reshading? Total points: 10
    Overall. What do I think of the sprite overall? Total points: 30
    Other random coments. No score here.

Now, on to a couple of rules.

1.) No stealing sprites. Most likely I know about them, and who made them.
    2.) Don't yell at me if you get a low score. I will give reasons as to why you did, and it will help you become a better spriter.
    3.) Everybody gets a prize, weather they won or lost. They get the gift of better spriting. If they read the coments I gave them.
    4.) You do not have to win the first round to go on to the second etc. All you need to do is enter the first if you want, and the second if you want. It's up to you, not me.
    5.) Note that I do have school from Monday to Friday, and Chior practice after school on Thursdays.

Deadline: October 19, 2010 (Mostly known as my birthday) after school (3:00 or 4:00)
    I do not need a signature to be cool, I only need mostly proper grammar. I would never tlk liek ths, so why blame me for improper grammar? At least it is good grammar.

Default Re: Tokyo's Sprite contest: Round one.

Um I was going to use this for a different contest, but then I made a simpler version to meet its requirements, and this sprite ended up useless. Is that OK, or would you rather I make a hole new one?
    Honestly I don't mind if you want me to.

Here's my entry:

Blog Entries

Both accepted. Sorry that the other contest canceled on you.
    I do not need a signature to be cool, I only need mostly proper grammar. I would never tlk liek ths, so why blame me for improper grammar? At least it is good grammar.

Blog Entries

Here is mine:

My Black Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
    Both accepted. Sorry that the other contest canceled on you.
    It's ok, i'm just glad it got a use. :)

Blog Entries

So sorry about missing the deadline!

Tangy
    Recoloring. The outlines of the 5th gen. Pokemon weren't recolored. 3/5.
    Fusing. It looks slightly copy/pastish in spots, but otherwise it is quite good. 4/5.
    Theme. Perfect entry. The sprite was mainly made out of Serpent Pokemon, but the arms are not, I don't think. 10/10.
    Shading. I don't see a single fliped part, but the red bands on the arms need a bit of shading in my mind. 9/10
    Overall. The sprite is better then some I have seen on Youtube, and some overal. Trust me, I think you can do much better. Overall, I really like the consept. 29/30
    No random coments.

Pokestar
    Recoloring. The colors are good looking on the two Pokemon that were used. It was reshaded correctly. 5/5.
    Fusing. It looks copy/pastish, yes. No parts were fliped that I can see, but really, it is just a Pokemon head on Dragonair. 2/5
    Theme. I guess it could quallify. It looks like a serpent, so...yeah. 6/10
    Shading. The top Pokemon has almost no shading whatsoever on it's head. 5/10
    Overall. Nothing to say here. 17/30.
    No random coment.

Red G
    Recoloring. Yes, Arbok was recolored and reshaded correctly. 5/5.
    Fusing. The tail looks a bit odd, or copy/pastish, otherwise there isn't much changed. 3/5.
    Theme. I guess it matches, but there was almost nothing done. mainly, it looks like Arbok with a different tail and body art. 4/10.
    Shading. Nothing is flipped that I see, but you messed with the shading anyway.the new shading is a bit odd, but I see why you put some under the mouth. 8/10.
    Overall. I think you could have added a little more. 20/30

Winner is Tangy! Congrats!

New theme: Evil Pokemon.
    This Pokemon seems mean, or evil. Well, edit, scratch, or anything to make a Pokemon look mean or evil.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the critiques, and congrats Tangy!

Do we post round 2 sprites in this thread?