Sugimori Style?! Custom Pokémon Trainers, general Pokémon Fan Art and other stuff :P

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By KyseL

Thread: Sugimori Style?! Custom Pokémon Trainers, general Pokémon Fan Art and other stuff :P

Default Sugimori Style?! Custom Pokémon Trainers, general Pokémon Fan Art and other stuff :P

Hi peeps!

My name is Ricardo (a.k.a. KyseL), and I draw stuff. I have been drawing for as long as I can remember, and art has always been an important part of my life. A couple of years ago, maybe more (actually more xD), I started to work on digital art too, and I think my art overall has developed a lot since then... I used to draw Pokémon (and Fakémon too) a lot when I was a kid. I still do it, but maybe not as much as before... Anyways, I lately started taking commissions drawing custom trainers in Sugimori Style, it has been quite an adventure and I've learnt a lot too!

Well, I'd love if you could check my work and give some feedback, pleeeaase :3

SUGIMORI STYLE:

Custom trainers:

Fan art (X&Y)

GENERAL POKÉMON FAN ART (Newest first)

THE "OTHER STUFF" (Newest first)

===
    Bye the way, I have more art in my deviantART gallery if you're interested. I'm also working on a Webcomic series if you want to check that out too :D

See you later alligator! c:

Default Re: Sugimori Style?! Custom Pokémon Trainers, general Pokémon Fan Art and other stuff

I really like the top two custom trainers, I've been wanting to try drawing in sugimoris art style for awhile. But I'm afraid my digital coloring skills aren't up to that stage quite yet. I'm guessing gradients go into a lot of it.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Sugimori Style?! Custom Pokémon Trainers, general Pokémon Fan Art and other stuff

The custom trainers look really impressive! XDD

Blog Entries

Really cool. I'm amazed at your capacity to shift between your own style and the style of other people - Sugimori and whoever designed Maybel - I think her name was. I really like your illustration of a girl singing into a mic. For some reason, it conveys to me a feeling of relaxation, like I'm chilling at a coffee shop or something to that extent.

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

Oh wow. You have some really amazing stuff! I'll say that I'm a fan of that shading style. I like all of them, but I'll leave a few comments for the ones I personally favoured:

The Lich is really cool! Look at that attention to detail on the bones and the horns (and well everything else too)! Voice is really pretty. Like wow, I can see why you'd hate drawing hair, but you did a damn good job at it (including the eyebrows and eyelashes). All gummed up inside is quite nice too, good job on the starry background! I'd keep it as a background if I watched Adventure Time. (though I think I'll keep Voice as one!)

Looking forward to seeing more.

Blog Entries

That's really impressive! Excellent work.

Your trainer designs are awesome. ^^

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

I love Sugimori's art style, and I gotta say you do it really well =D
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis