So I'm an artist too! - Page 7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: So I'm an artist too!

Blog Entries

Default Re: So I'm an artist too!

Ooh, looks quite good. I like the designs on her surcoat and boots. Her left arm is a tad wonky but it isn't that noticeable.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Yeah, I've never been real great at drawing arms at that angle. My hands still need a little practice too. I'm gonna be getting help in fixing that arm up though. It should help me improve at drawing them at such angles. ^^

Thanks a bunch though! :)

And as for the designs, I took the style from FE: Radiant Dawn. I always thought that game had the best outfit designs for the characters, armor and all. <3

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Colored version. ^^

Full description here. :)

Blog Entries

O_O Wah!! Not papyrus font! Anything but papyrus!!

*dies*

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I rather like the font. It's also the very same font used on Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn art. So. XD

Also, new sketch! It's my first true FE: Awakening fanart. <3 (I had done a drawing on an Awakening meme lol)

Well, it's not quite done yet. lol Anyway, this is Frederick and my Avatar in the game, Kelli (yeah, she has the same name as one of my Zelda OCs so what lol), as newlyweds! Those circles will be Chrom (the main character) and Lissa (Chrom's younger sister) congratulating the happy couple! I had my Avatar marry Fred, so yeah. The Avatar can marry any playable character of the opposite gender and I picked Frederick soon after I played the demo. Then I heard that the female Avatar calls him Freddy Bear in their support conversations and I think that is ADORABLY cute. And then when I played the actual game, I fell in love with Freddy. He's so awesome (I think he's hotter than Chrom too, hee hee. Though Chrom is also hot, admittedly). <3

I still need to figure out some ideas for the background aside from Chrom and Lissa, but I might get to that when I'm read to do the color phase.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Finished sketch!

I added Chrom and Lissa and a background...sort of. lol

Blog Entries

Ever think about putting a levels on your picks after scanning them? It would help make the lines darker and the paper whiter.

I was mostly joking, though if it's the Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for wii box that I've seen then no, that definitely isn't papyrus on the box. Any graphic designer worth their salt would eat their computer mouse before they used Papyrus, like, at all. For anything. It's like how graphic designers usually have a thing for Helvettica and use it for everything. They usually have a thing against Papyrus. I particularly have a thing against papyrus. I mean, it's meant to be based on Egyptian script for crying out loud, but people use it basically for every culture but! And then on top of that they don't even properly adjust the kerning. Mostly they don't even adjust the kerning at all! ...grumble, grumble...

But ignore me, typography is a pet peeve of mine.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I didn't mean on the box art, I meant the character art. :P

FEPlanet has the artwork I'm talking about. But everyone has different tastes, I felt that papyrus was fitting for FE art. It feels medieval and parchment-like.

Blog Entries

I can see the art influence on your characters. And you're right, that is definitely Papyrus. Still makes me cringe, but there's precedence for you using it.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Yup, FE: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn have my favorite gaming art style, so my characters are often based on it. lol

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Oh, I forgot! I finally completed that piece a couple days ago. ^^

Click here for full description and a little excerpt. :3

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Oh wow, it's been a little while since I last updated this. I've got some new arts though!

This is a Fire Emblem: Awakening OC I made up recently and my first one ever! Her name is Antoinette and she is the daughter of Frederick, my favorite character in the game. <3 Full description here. :)

And this is a new sketch, of something I've never drawn before:

Wolves! This one is for a friend. He owns one of these wolf characters while I own the other. The one on the left is Kiel and he belongs to me. Dravid is on the right and is my friend's. They're of different races of people that can transform into animals. Kiel is a laguz (a race from Fire Emblem) and Dravid is an Enlahod (a race my friend made up). They got in trouble here lol. But they're good wolfies, don't worry. :3 Kiel just looks meaner because Dravid is hardly a killer and Kiel takes it a bit personally whenever people attack others that are weaker than they are. See that tuft of fur on his face? It covers his right eye...

Both he and Dravid are dire wolves, btw. Kiel just has longer fur in places as well as markings. Dravid also wears around his neck an emerald pendant that he's had for years. Kiel wears a dragon-teeth necklace that belonged to his father.

I know, this is probably not my best sketch ever, cause this is the first time I've attempted any wolves and the first time I've attempted any animals in a long time. xP

Blog Entries

Good stuff!

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Oh, thanks... xP

追放されたバカ

I like it very much.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast