Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: So I'm an artist too!

Wow, thanks. ^^

I can't wait to design some starters now. x3

Add Kelleo on Facebook

You know what? I seriously need to update this thread. Who cares if I don't have anything new that's Pokemon related. xP But before I do, I'm gonna mention that I've decided Regasus's final typing. Originally, I thought flying/normal, but we have a lot of normal/flying types already. I then thought, well, I'd love to see a light type, and light is a combination of all colors, referencing that Regasus can control any and all elements, which are usually represented by different colors. Plus, its initial held item is a Rainbow Stone.

So, Regasus is a light/flying type. :3

Anyway, as for updating this thread, did I ever mention that I'm a Pony fangirl? ;D Here's my recent Pony art!

First this:

I actually used DA's Pony creator to construct this image. I drew the cutie marks on myself in Photoshop too. Anyway, these are all Ponyfied versions of RP characters I've created. Some are also in my fanfictions. Read about each one here. :]

This is a pic of four Ponyfied characters from my Fire Emblem fanfic, Dawn of Darkness. The green Pony is Bryan, the blue Pony is Azura, the red Pony is Leyon, and the purple Pony is Faline. Only the first three are main characters, but I added Faline because while LeyonxAzura is one canon pairing, BryanxFaline is another. I also have individual images of each Pony here. I combined them into one image afterward. Hope my background in the image of all four resembles the MLP: FiM style enough. xP

This is an original MLP: FiM fan character I made up! Her name is Chocolate Drop, and as you can guess from her name and such, her life is about chocolate! She is a known baker and chocolatier who runs a hybrid bakery and candy store with her best friend, Cotton Candy (I'll design her next). She also has a little sister named Caramel Cream and an older brother named Peanut Butter. Her parents...don't know much about them yet. xP

Also, this pic was done in Paint rather than Photoshop. I started with Paint when I was working on my grasp on the FiM style.

Lastly for now:

This is a Ponyfied version of a friend's character. His name is Dravid Feryl and he's partially a Metroid fan character. He can transform into a wolf and doesn't age. He also rarely smiles because his past was quite tragic.

I also have other Pony art, but they're old, and I dun't like them anymore. xP But enjoy! :]

EDIT: Oops, forgot this one!

Troy Ponymalu! It's a Pony version of Troy Polamalu, a Safety on the Pittsburgh Steelers lol. The NFL team. It's too bad they just got booted from the playoffs. The team wasn't 100% though, thanks to several good players having gotten hurt. -_-

HUZZAH! I HUMP YOU! ChachachaCHIA!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add ChachachaCHIA! on Google+ Add ChachachaCHIA! on MySpace

Cool! I like the idea of the rainbow stone, it's neat.
    <--- credit goes to Caprizant. Heart gold fc:5113 8413 2428 (highlight) White fc:0819 3447 0852 Y friend code: 2766-9246-2824 IGN: Soul

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Thanks! :]

I also decided that the Rainbow Stone can result in a new light-type Eeveelution.

Here's some more info on the light type for you guys as well:

Is strong against: dark, dragon (because dragon needs more weaknesses), ghost, water

Is weak against: Psychic, poison (since Ghost and Poison need more advantages), grass

Is resistant to: Fire, water, light

Is immune to: Dark

Strongest attack of the type: I haven't thought of a name yet, but it's Regasus's signature move.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

So, it's been awhile since I last drew anything, but I've got a few things to share now. :]

First, some Fire Emblem sprites! I've been doing FE sprites for a long time now, but these are my latest:

This character's name is Jerec. Read more about him here and here. :]

And lastly for now, my newest piece!

It's called "A Lady and her General" and it's a scene from my Fire Emblem fic, Dawn of Darkness. The pairing is LeyonxAzura. Both OCs, of course. Read more here. :3
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Add Kelleo on Facebook

No comments? D:

Oh well, here's something new! Sprites for Regasus, the fan legendary Pokemon I posted artwork of earlier. Shiny form included!

I don't have much experience doing Pokemon styled sprites, but I did my best. Rapidash was used as a reference while I took the wings off of a Pidgeot sprite. The rest was pretty much done from scratch. It came out too big at first, but after I resized it and cleaned it up, it still looked the way I wanted it to.

Hey Kelleo :). I'm new here, and I love doing stuff with sprites. What I was wondering was how do you get the sprite so tiny? I mean, I have to completely drag out the sprite till it's huge, then upload it here or on another website. So how do you get it to show up as just the actual tiny sprite? I use Paint, and I'm sure you use Photobucket, but I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Secondly, I love your artwork, and you're amazing. I love your self-trainer sprite. Especially the drawing, it looks like the character actually belongs in a Pokemon episode. And I love the idea of the Rainbow Stone and it's powers :)!!!!

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Ah, welcome! :3

And actually, I use Paint too. Photobucket hasn't worked for me in ages, to be honest, and even then, I only used it for uploading stuff. To make it small, I just zoom in on a small canvas and go from there. It's how I do all my sprites, no matter what style I'm using (I primarily use the Fire Emblem style though). Then I paste the finished sprite in Photoshop and use the magic wand tool to delete the white background.

And thanks, btw! ^^

Wait, zoom in on a small canvas... Is this still Paint? I'm sort of new to Paint, so I don't know how to do everything yet :P. I know how to zoom in and make the sprite look bigger, but I don't know how to zoom in on the canvas alone. I'm sorry if this is bothering you in anyway, and if you don't know how or don't want to explain it anymore, I'll look elsewhere :P. But thanks for the help you've given me so far!

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Yeah, I meant zoom in and make the sprite look bigger. then when I'm done, I zoom out and save. xP

Well yes exactly, but I have to drag the picture out to look huge, then save, then upload, then undo the hugeness (because I hate the way it looks :P) and then upload it here. The finished version looks like this:

I need it to look like just the sprite :P. So you say you upload on Photoshop? Hmm, maybe I'll have to try that.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

You're not using Paint's zoom tool then. It simply lets you zoom in as you work. You can use the scroll bar that appears under the tool bar to zoom in and out.

EDIT: No, I said I use Photoshop to delete the white background on images. I didn't say it was for uploading. I put my work on Deviantart. Mostly. But if you want an uploading site, Tinypic is a good choice. It's the one I use when I need one.

That's the only thing I use to zoom in :/. I didn't know there was another way to zoom in. It just zooms in really close on the image, so it makes it look big :P. Oh, OK. I'm trying to do that now, but I can't figure out how to delete the background XD. TO GOOGLE!!!! I always use Tinypic :).

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCyber15 View Post
    That's the only thing I use to zoom in :/. I didn't know there was another way to zoom in. It just zooms in really close on the image, so it makes it look big :P. Oh, OK. I'm trying to do that now, but I can't figure out how to delete the background XD. TO GOOGLE!!!! I always use Tinypic :).
    Well, I can't help you there if you don't have Photoshop. xP

At least you've got the zooming thing down though!

I'm actually downloading Photoshop :P. I thought it was the express editor (which got me nowhere XD) but it didn't work :P. So now I'm downloading the free trial, I looked up a tutorial on Google, and I think I've got it down :). It's almost done! And yeah, the only way I can recolor is by zooming in ;). Thank you for all your help, and I am really looking forward to seeing your future work!!! Especially those starters you talked about in October (oh yeah, I read everything) :D!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast