Simple Art Gallery Q&A - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Simple Art Gallery Q&A

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Q&A Artist Alcove Edition

@EVs and IVsaurs; You didn't look hard enough (it's not even hidden...). You absolutely can paint pixel by pixel with GIMP, easy-peazy. The pencil tool draws in pixels, with no blur or anti-analyzing, all the way down to a single pixel. Just zoom in and paint.
    Last edited by NoirGrimoir; 16th April 2013 at 01:24 AM.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries
    Follow EVs and IVsaurs On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    @EVs and IVsaurs; You didn't look hard enough (it's not even hidden...). You absolutely can paint pixel by pixel with GIMP, easy-peazy. The pencil tool draws in pixels, with no blur or anti-analyzing, all the way down to a single pixel. Just zoom in and paint.
    Strange, it had been drawing on about a ten pixel wide circle when I had tried it. Maybe the version I got was wacky or something... It doesn't really matter anymore though, I found an online thing called pixlr that works just like MS paint.

Blog Entries

@EVs and IVsaurs; You can make it bigger and smaller, like a regular brush. At it's smallest, it should do 1 pixel.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries
    Follow EVs and IVsaurs On Twitter

Another question, I'm starting to do recolors of Pokémon sprites, and I've heard that each color palette for Pokémon had a number assigned to it, so does anybody have a list of palettes used in the games from zero to whatever it stops at?

Bulbasaur rocks. Period. Bulbajer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bulbajer's Youtube Channel

Hi. I have two-and-a-half questions regarding the gallery. What's the difference between the digital section and the graphic section? Most of the pictures I'm planning on uploading have graphics that aren't mine like the Team Aqua symbol or Sugimori art but also have elements of Microsoft Paint in them - is this allowed? If so, which section (digital or graphic) would they go in?
    Thanks.

Bulbajer types interesting posts at the speed of light! Surrender to his refreshing sense of humor or prepare to fight!
    ~ ~ ~
    TCG collector, original series fan, and uncompromising Pokéshipper.
    Other fandoms: Teen Titans, Ranma 1/2, Sword Art Online, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    ~ ~ ~
    (James seeing Unown in M03) "I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad."

@Bulbajer;

Graphics is for stuff like banners or avatars. Digital is for full art pieces done digitally. You should probably upload to digital.

Bulbasaur rocks. Period. Bulbajer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bulbajer's Youtube Channel

Okay thanks!

Bulbajer types interesting posts at the speed of light! Surrender to his refreshing sense of humor or prepare to fight!
    ~ ~ ~
    TCG collector, original series fan, and uncompromising Pokéshipper.
    Other fandoms: Teen Titans, Ranma 1/2, Sword Art Online, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    ~ ~ ~
    (James seeing Unown in M03) "I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad."

Blog Entries

What are some ways to make the outline of my scanned drawings darker?

Blog Entries

Adjust the levels in an editing program. Make the darks darker and the lights lighter. It takes half a second if you have something like Photoshop. If you are really poor and really lazy and don't want to download a program, if you have a photobucket account you can do some minor adjustments with the tools they have online, but increasing contrast and playing with the brightness.

Blog Entries

@NoirGrimoir; Thanks

Blog Entries
    Follow MegaCharr On Twitter
    Visit MegaCharr's Youtube Channel

Seeking some advice on how to draw anime humans...or some tutorials on where to start

The best I can do is this for now.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Just type in 'how to draw anime people' in google, deviant art or youtube and you should get a ton of tutorials. My advice is that even if you intend to draw people in an anime style, pay attention to real anatomy, because that's where the style is derived from anyway, and if you are trying to replicate 'lines' rather than the contours of the actual object, you could end up with something funky. It's the same way how copying a copy of a copy is going to have some errors and look weird, the further you get from the original.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So I've made a image map in Gimp 2 that I'm planning to use here as signature. I've already made a couple of links for it, but I'm new to that kind of stuff and there's still some things I'm uncertain off. So my question are these: In what format should I save it in order for uploading the image map here, and should I first upload to, for example, imageshack and use it from there?
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Default Re: Simple Art Gallery Q&A

PikaCal if you want to create image banner go for adobe photoshop.No other software can compete photoshop and if you want to create video or flash banner you should use adobe flash.
    Letragrafic Solutions
    Last edited by Adamson; 22nd October 2013 at 04:47 AM.
    Diplomacy is the art of knowing what not to say.

Default Re: Simple Art Gallery Q&A

Can we ask for critiques?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast