Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Simple Art Gallery Q&A

Actual Cannibal Shiay LaBeouf Shiay's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiay On Twitter Add Shiay on Facebook
    Follow Shiay on Tumblr Visit Shiay's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Q&A Artist Alcove Edition

@Godo-kun

Commissions are... tricky for each individual person. I can't give you a definitive price at which to start off at. Every artist is different; whether they're different styles, different mediums, different expressions, different anything. In the beginning, you want to start off small, because it's a building block to what will draw people in. Once there's more of a demand for your art (and not from the same person over and over again, mind you), I'd say that it'd be a good time to raise the price just by a bit. I guess I can use my own commission set up as an example. I don't have my stuff ridiculously set at prices that people would be unwilling to buy from (and honestly, I do need to update all the art examples I have on there oTL), and are prices I feel fit the effort I actually put into the work I produce.

deviantART | Perfect Lie | The Sinclair Journal | Level Up! | My Fanclub | Fallout Fanclub | Morty/Matsuba Fanclub | Left 4 Dead Group | TERA Player

Tempest Reach Server
    Jaydin.Byrd/37/Human/Warrior | Alloura/20/Elin/Priest | Jaysen.Biel/20/Castanic/Warrior | Kayan/6/Castanic/Archer
    Azrea/5/Castanic/Warrior | Gwenevire/8/Elin/Sorcerer | Jak.Sinclair/18/Human/Warrior | Sylsalis/10/Castanic/Archer

Celestial Hills Server
    Vaiha/15/Castanic/Slayer | Thalifra/16/Castanic/Sorcerer | Shiay/13/Human/Slayer | Mirielle.Maltrusse/23/High Elf/Mystic
    Nuell/20/Castanic/Archer | Open | Open | Open

One lost to time boondockArtist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow boondockArtist on Tumblr

Thank you ma'am.

"Hello Goodbye, Twas nice to know you
    "Hello Goodbye, I'm rather crazy
    How I find myself without you
    And I never thought I was crazy
    That I'll never know
    But what do I know?
    I let myself go"
    Now you have to go"

Boony's Bad Art Thread-"Come in for free eye band-aids today!"

IMMA PIRATE CHEF, BITCH!! BLAH BLAH BLAH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi!
    I really love drawing and just wish to show my art. I noticed people have their own threads and showcase art for others to enjoy. Can I just start a thread and post art?

Thanks in advance! :3
    SHUT UP, BITCH!

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by BLAH BLAH BLAH View Post
    Hi!
    I really love drawing and just wish to show my art. I noticed people have their own threads and showcase art for others to enjoy. Can I just start a thread and post art?

Thanks in advance! :3
    Yep, that's all there is to it.

IMMA PIRATE CHEF, BITCH!! BLAH BLAH BLAH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks!
    SHUT UP, BITCH!

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

Okay, random question. Where can you find things like this:

For those who are going "wtf" these are small background images that you can use in webdesign to form a large expanding, cohesive background image. Notice that if you line them up properly, each image would integrate into a larger image seamlessly. I'm not really sure what this is called (if it even has a name) or where you can get them. I'm just working on some web design and need some images like this.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Blog Entries

I think you refer to those kinds of images as "tiled backgrounds". Searching that on google should get you some results.

Here's a list of some sites additionally; http://speckyboy.com/2008/01/19/top-10-free-resources-for-background-patterns-and-textures-for-web-designers/ (I'm sure there are many more of these kinds of lists)

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

... I love you. So much. So incredibly much. If you couldn't tell, I am immeasurably happy and grateful. It goes without saying, thank you.
    Last edited by AiedailEclipsed; 13th September 2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Blazaking likes this.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

I was wondering, what is this called? Like, the style in which Charizard is outlined/whatever makes it glow. I've been curious on what it is called and how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tutorials give you bonus points and a cookie. Thanks!

[22:18] [URPG Chat]: (commanderbadass1) How dare mell fuck his hoe every night

Quote Originally Posted by Zolar View Post
    I was wondering, what is this called? Like, the style in which Charizard is outlined/whatever makes it glow. I've been curious on what it is called and how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tutorials give you bonus points and a cookie. Thanks!
    A lot of art programs have settings to make an outer glow automatically. You can also duplicate the layer and smudge/blur, or just use a low opacity paint brush. Depends on the style you want. Just google outer glows for whatever program you use, or just 'outer glows' in general and you should get several different tutorials with various techniques.

urpg

Follow jessiedoll On Twitter Add jessiedoll on Facebook
    Follow jessiedoll on Tumblr

Red face Re: Simple Q&A Artist Alcove Edition

Dumb question!

I've haven't been here in like almost 4 years and the art threads that I had back then were for single pieces and are dead, if I wanted to start just a single one to upstate my stuff in now and not make another thread after that would that be okay or a big no-no? It wasn't exactly clear to me in the rules and I just need a little extra clarification.

*Does her own stunts*
    chainer-jessie.tumblr.com
    jessiedraws.tumblr.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jessiedoll View Post
    Dumb question!

I've haven't been here in like almost 4 years and the art threads that I had back then were for single pieces and are dead, if I wanted to start just a single one to upstate my stuff in now and not make another thread after that would that be okay or a big no-no? It wasn't exactly clear to me in the rules and I just need a little extra clarification.
    Sure, if you want to make a single new thread for your stuff, that's totally okay.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Anyone know how I could get my start in drawing fanart? Online software for drawing? Because all I've done are traditional sketches or drawing on paper and uploading it to the internet?

Blog Entries

You could continue doing that if you have access to a scanner (edit: derp, you obviously have one if you're uploading to the internet). After that it's just cleaning up the lines and doing further digital work.

If you want to do thing purely digital, I'd suggest a tablet (I personally use a WACOM Bamboo on the rare occasion I draw anymore) and PaintToolSAI, or GIMP if you don't want to deal with trial periods or spend any money.

As far as online (which I'm assuming you mean browser-based) tools for these purposes, pretty much every single one I've come across is complete crap and not worth using.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Blog Entries
    Follow EVs and IVsaurs On Twitter

I notice that most people seem to be using MS Paint or Gimp, but I am a Mac user, so no MS Paint, I can't work very well without being able to edit each pixel individually, so Gimp wouldn't work (unless there is a way to edit each pixel individually that I just couldn't find), and I'm not willing to pay for an image editor, so does anyone know a good free image editor for Mac that you can edit each pixel individually?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast