Shiay's Art Dump - Page 22

View Poll Results: Which song should be used in my animation project?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Worst Of Us Both

6 60.00%
  • Fleeting Alibi

4 40.00%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Shiay's Art Dump

"...That was interesting" Erasmus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Shiay's Art Dump

Oh, Portal. Fun times.

Dean seems like a smug guy. My views on this one keep changing, as I'll think some lines are a little wobbly, until I look closer and they aren't really. :|
    The only other thing is his nose. I'm not entirely sure what's going on near the tip, but it looks like the lines in the middle are for... er... the middle part of the nose. In that case, his bridge gently slopes down in to his right nostril, which seems odd. I'm also not entirely sure what the line leading down from the middle is either... That little dent people have between their nose and mouth?

Oooo... a sharpely dressed dude and a girl in a red dress? :) (Guessing Queen is a Zoroark?)
    As odd as it seems, Solomon shouldn't have that much space between his arm and his jacket if he's putting his hands that low on his back. Or butt, as the case may be.
    For Queen, I'm not entirely sure what it is, but her face feels... off. I hate not being able put my finger on it. Maybe it's her almost nonexistant cheeks? I mean, I can tell where the slope of her face changes, but... I dunno.
    Also, her left shoulder looks too low compared to her right. Might be the angle or her hair, but still.
    Aside from all that, they both look rather stylin'

(That what you call a small update? Hate to see the big ones...)

The portrait looks nice, if a little unerving. Maybe the tiny pupils? The... little dent thing between the nose and mouth is a little off center. It should be slightly more to our right, right? Right underneath where the nose connects to the face.

Heh. The dress sketch suffers from classic "person-sketch tilted to one side" syndrome. :P
    But she's well done otherwise. There's a little less space between her left eye and the left side of the face than the respective right side.

Yay! More dresses! I'm finding recently that I like pimped out costumes. Partial to bows and ribbons too. Not much else to say, though. Clothes have never been my forte. Everything looks like it's folding properly.

Colorful. I have a hard time telling if her right leg is too large, or it's just the pants. Her sneakers also look too.. thin? Er... there doesn't seem to be enough space between the bottom and top of the sneakers. I can't find the right word for it.
    Otherwise, the only thing is the thing she's got between the fingers on her right hand. They, the pointer and middle finger, seem to be angled too far apart what seems to be a thin object.

~Erasmu's Art~DeviantArt~
    Weekly Recommendation: Hallow's Art

Hahaha yes! Dean! I never expected I'd see fan art of him!

I'm not much good in the way of drawing, so I don't have much critique to offer, but I will say that I did thoroughly enjoy looking through these. Great job!

Actual Cannibal Shiay LaBeouf Shiay's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiay On Twitter Add Shiay on Facebook
    Follow Shiay on Tumblr Visit Shiay's Youtube Channel

@Erasmus

I must say that I really do, thoroughly enough the critique you give me. CX It's always well put and is extremely helpful towards my own spotting my flaws.

I would say that Dean's more of a cynical type of person. XD But that's after seeing the Iron Giant once again. Ah, good times on that one. Definitely found myself appreciating that movie a lot more and the underlying aspects of it. XD But yes, I do see what you're saying about his nose and features. To be honest, I was trying out the style that they had in the Iron Giant to try and develop my own western cartoon style instead of constantly having this anime/manga-ka style. CX;; I'm not sure that it's working out for me, but it was decent practice.

I've been obsessed, as of late, with drawing people in formal clothing. It kind of makes both Solomon and Queen two of my newest favourite original characters of mine. And yes, Queen is a Zoroark. C8 Though, to be honest, what I feel is kind of off with her face is my adding lipstick. Makeup is a huge feature that I usually never add to any of my characters. Though, that may just be me than someone else that may be looking at it.

(Big updates usually have anywhere from 15 - 30 images in a post. 8U)

Hm... I can always see what I can do about fixing the shading under her nose and editing her eyes. Thankfully, I know right where that SAI file is, and honestly wasn't really finished with it. XD

That was actually my scanning it in crooked. :U When you look at the page that it's sketched on, it's straight. I'm glad that the design seems acceptable, though -- that was my main focus on here than anything else since I'm doing planning for a wedding event in this group I'm in. My boyfriend seems to be going back over it and adding a bit of his own flare to it, however. XD

Ah~ Thanks~ To be honest, I used to hate drawing dresses and all kind of fancy clothing. Though, as I've said before, I've found myself more fond of drawing dresses, suits and all kinds of formal wear. It's a little odd too me -- especially since I hate wearing formal clothing, myself. I guess I just like seeing it on other people/character. XD;;

Personally, I would love to just blame it on the pants. 8D;; Though, it may be too big. I actually think it's a tad too long when I stare at it long enough. I can definitely see what you're talking about with her fingers. XD;; Not sure about the shoes, though. There are small things that are hard for me to see without seeing redlines. XD;; I think this is one of those moments for me.

@Serpentsounds

CX Indeed~ There's several pieces of him up on dA. But yeeessss~ I love Dean from Iron Giant. XD He's definitely my favourite character from there.

I'm glad that you enjoy my art, though. It always makes me happy to see people that like the stuff I make. :D

deviantART | Perfect Lie | The Sinclair Journal | Level Up! | My Fanclub | Fallout Fanclub | Morty/Matsuba Fanclub | Left 4 Dead Group | TERA Player

Tempest Reach Server
    Jaydin.Byrd/37/Human/Warrior | Alloura/20/Elin/Priest | Jaysen.Biel/20/Castanic/Warrior | Kayan/6/Castanic/Archer
    Azrea/5/Castanic/Warrior | Gwenevire/8/Elin/Sorcerer | Jak.Sinclair/18/Human/Warrior | Sylsalis/10/Castanic/Archer

Celestial Hills Server
    Vaiha/15/Castanic/Slayer | Thalifra/16/Castanic/Sorcerer | Shiay/13/Human/Slayer | Mirielle.Maltrusse/23/High Elf/Mystic
    Nuell/20/Castanic/Archer | Open | Open | Open

Blog Entries

Wah-derp. He's Dean from the Iron Giant. I totally failed to recognize him.

Ah, I actually thought it might be the the make up, but I wasn't sure.

And I'm glad you appreciate the critique so much. I try to help.

Blog Entries

*looks around*

Bit dusty in here, innit?

deviantART | Perfect Lie | The Sinclair Journal | Level Up! | My Fanclub | Fallout Fanclub | Morty/Matsuba Fanclub | Left 4 Dead Group | TERA Player

Tempest Reach Server
    Jaydin.Byrd/37/Human/Warrior | Alloura/20/Elin/Priest | Jaysen.Biel/20/Castanic/Warrior | Kayan/6/Castanic/Archer
    Azrea/5/Castanic/Warrior | Gwenevire/8/Elin/Sorcerer | Jak.Sinclair/18/Human/Warrior | Sylsalis/10/Castanic/Archer

Celestial Hills Server
    Vaiha/15/Castanic/Slayer | Thalifra/16/Castanic/Sorcerer | Shiay/13/Human/Slayer | Mirielle.Maltrusse/23/High Elf/Mystic

Blog Entries

Just going to post a couple things in here. Don't have too much since I'm not back at home with my computer.

And now... rejected comic pages that I would have used for this entry I had for BFOI on dA... but... never got around to finishing. :C As a note, this is supposed to be a silent comic, so you won't see any dialog in it. It only goes up to nineteen pages in here, though, once I get home, I'll get the other pages uploaded. At some point. >A>

Tempest Reach Server

Celestial Hills Server

Blog Entries

*cracks knuckles*
    Alright, chums! Let’s do this!
    Eeeeraaas-Mus!

Pop-dancings: Oooo… scars! And crossdressing fail. Or… success? \:? (You know, someday I’m going to have to find the story behind all these characters…)
    The poses are very dynamic. Even with the feet turned inward stance that always sort of weirds me out, they look very popstar-esque. The skirt swishes well, though her bangs sort of look like they’re swinging the wrong way.
    His left arm looks thinner than his right too. I’m not too sure about the abs/stomach. They don’t really look like they’re bending with the rest of the torso.

L4D: Coooool. Though her face looks thinner in the full body drawing than the mugshots. Also, on the two side views, her jaw line seems a bit straight, though might just be because it continues into the hair.
    The foot is particularly impressive. (HATE doing that angle. Frick’n feet.)

Snuggles: Who’s saying the lines? The dude actually looks kind of… unsure of the whole thing.
    Her arm seems a little long, mostly because of how high up (low?) on the arm her elbow is. The hand also seems a bit big, and imagining the other arm curled behind his head also makes it seems rather long.

Awwwwkward: The poses are well done and really help define their moods and personalities. Again, the dude’s jaw line seems a little long and straight, but it looks less odd here. They also seem a bit too close (as in, too close in a physically possible sense, not just a personal space sense.) But the clothes, as always, look very cool and pretty.
    (Also, what’s in her hair? Ribbons?)

TATTOOOOOOOOS: She looks very cool and creepy.
    Now, I hate saying this because it pretty much doesn’t actually mean anything helpful, but something just seem odd about this one. The proportions and positioning of the limbs are spot on, even the foreshortening. But… I don’t know. Maybe it’s her chest? It seems twisted to the right, but the tattoos on it seem as forward facing as the ones on her stomach.
    Her mouth also seems a little low, though that might just be the expression she’s making.

Weddin’: Fancy outfits! :D
    The… lines? Those angled, thin, rectangle things on the dudes jacket seem much closer to the center on his right side than on his left. Also, his hips and legs seem to be twisted more towards the viewer than his torso and leaning slightly to the right. Though that might just be the edge of the lower part of his jacket.
    On the blushing bride, the definition line of her right eye lid is lower than on the left.

Moooon~♥: Love a good scenic view. Especially the night sky. The water is nice, but it seems a little out of place with the textures on the rest of the coloring.

Creepy Hugs: Love the dark colorings. Very creepy.
    Nothing to add, really. Is the boy (girl?) raising his arms? He also seems a little off center from the woman, though that’s not really an integral thing.
    Also, *necksnap*

Silent Opera: Pretty good. Not much to comment on this one, other than that the detached sleeve thing on her left arm seems lower than on her right. And his collar also looks off. I can’t tell if I’m just seeing the top of the fold or if it’s just flat.
    Clothes are still fancy.

Myrddin L4D: More cool outfits.
    The only real things I can see is the right eye on the lowest portrait looks like lower than the left. And the side view of the shades. Given the type of shades, they don’t seem like they should wrap around the eyes like that.

Jak Sinclair: Moar Harry Potter! It’s very nicely done.
    The her pinky seems a little thing given how close the strap comes to the outline of the pinky. And her foot looks a bit large, though that might be the closeness to the screen.

Comix: I actually managed to get some of what was going on in the silent comic. I guess it’s a battle, and the Masked Woman is connected to her pokemon somehow, so she can control them but is also hurt when they are. Wait, does it have something to do with the tats?
    Anyway, it looks cool, even in sketchy, unfinished form.

There we go. All done. Now where are my fingers..? Ah, there they are on the floor.

Blog Entries

@Erasmus

Fff-- this was actually just a pair of doodles that was making fun of Mary-Sues, to be honest. XD;; A lot of my friends had gotten in on this little bandwagon thing and drew our characters in boob-tubes and miniskirts. =v=;;
    Ahaha, I never really liked the 'feet turned inward' thing, myself. Both poses were referenced off of real life photos of people. Though, can't really copy everything down pat, as most people like to point out. XD Ah... yeah, my fiance's character's image there I kind of looked at and wondered just what was up with it. Thanks for pointing that one out -- I think maybe it was a bit harder for me to determine that since the reference I used was of a fully clothed person, unlike the one I used for my own character.

I think it's probably just because when doing the mugshots, I tend to want to focus just on the face and not how it looks on the body. o3o I noticed a lot of times that I tend to do that with a lot of expression practice drawings, too. I'll draw the full body art and then I'll do what I can to do expressions for them so that I get more of a feel for drawing them, and then they just look odd compared to the full body.
    (I hate doing that angle, myself. It took me a couple of tries before I produced something I shrugged my shoulders at and passed off as okay. >A>)

Hahaha, in the L4D universe, he would be. He actually doesn't like my character at first in the L4D verse and it takes him a long time to warm up to her since he trusts no one. Even tried to kill her the first time they met. :'D (and it's a bit unfortunate that these two characters were originally punted into Pokémon than Left 4 Dead, because, in all honesty, both my fiance and I looked at these two and said, "You know... they do seem a lot better fit for kicking zombie ass and avoiding all special Infected than just going about doing Pokémon battles everywhere...")
    I always have trouble drawing any kind of embracing scene, it seems. Thanks for the input on that one. I'll have to keep it in mind for future works that have two people hugging. XD

Hmm, I see what you mean about being too close. I suppose it's another one of those things I still have to work on. XD;; My character in this one isn't familiar with the term 'personal space', though this is definitely cutting it a bit too close as you've pointed out. I'll have to look up references for distance references in the future.
    (Oh... huh, I can't really believe I haven't posted her in here before. XD;; She's got hair ornaments in her hair, and I guess they're sort of like ribbons.)

Yep, I've seen it in the chest more times than not, even when drawing it. Though, I never really meant for this to be a completed work at all. I just wanted it to be a reference for people that were going to use her in their own entries at all for this competition even that's being held on dA. Since the tattoos have to do with my character's method of communicating with her Pokémon, I thought it beneficial to provide the members with a little more than just hints to it being there. (Though, now that I think about it, I probably should have also added a back side, too. XD) Her mouth may be a little low on her face. It doesn't seem to leave much room for the chin, and the distance between the upper lip and nose does seem stretched. =v=a;;

I definitely need more practice drawing these two in their wedding attire, that's for sure. Especially with a collaboration that my fiance and I should have had done a couple months ago... BU;; (he may tell others otherwise, but the wedding event comic we had planned is still not finished, and I haven't been able to plan a proper wedding day sketch to work off of yet.) I guess the procrastination gives me more time to work on the both of them before we go back home. I just hope that doing a lot of it doesn't stress out my arm since I just recently had surgery on it. XD;;

I had someone else point that out to me, too. o3o;; Actually, quite a few people have told me that the water doesn't seem to fit -- or... that the hills don't really go with the rest of the image. Honestly, however, when I looked at it still just green and nothing really adding to it but the shadows and slight painted on textures I tried to add, it looked pretty bad. I wanted to make it look a little more decent than just blobs of green with crap shading on my part. So I looked into whatever textures I may have had and chose the current one. Maybe I'll look around or make my own texture for it and change it at some point. :C

Funny thing about this image... it was really, honestly supposed to be cute at first. =v=a;; And yes, the boy is raising his arms to my character's. XD Supposed to have his hands over her arms as she's embracing him. I actually didn't want him to be all that central to Jaydin. Though, I guess it does look odd to some people that don't know that. o3o;; I may redo this one at some point. Though I like the idea, I'm not too thrilled with the outcome I currently have. XD;; Oh... and another thing about the image since it's primarily spawned off of crack from myself and a friend, there is text in the image that's not all that easy to see, but it says: "Everything is going to be okay... Mommy's here now..."

... I could always pass that one off as the fabric moving forward as the elbow bends and pulls it as such. 8D;; *is shot* Hm, I'm not quite sure I see that part of the collar you're speaking of on Moriaki, though, maybe I'll have to look at that one later. When it's not 1:30 in the morning. XD;; *yeah, is just making nightly responses before she goes to bed*

I always hate when I mess up eyes. Generally why it seems like I make so many characters with hair that conveniently part over one side of their face. >A> *is shot again for that mark of being a bad artist* Also, had to scroll up and re look at the image of L4D Myr to see what you were talking about with the sunglasses. Yeah, I didn't want to make it look like that it was doing that 'wrapping around' thing. :C Usually it's hats and eyewear that I'm generally wary of continuing to include in expression sketches and things of the like. I actually don't really like drawing them all that much, but I'm trying to get over that. >3>;;

That's probably one of my most recent completed things that I've uploaded before I moved from Richardson into Austin. I tried to be a bit different with it, and after I do my best to iron out a lot of the flaws with it and perhaps add a bit more flare to the style, I'll probably continue using that one and getting it to be 'my own'. Definitely have to take what you pointed out into consideration, though. I noticed that habit with my drawings as well. When I draw clenched fists, I seem to make the line of the pinky too short for what you're seeing of the character.

Yep! That's mostly how her method is being played out. ouo Her tattoos are supposed to be part of her channeling abilities that she's also painted on the Pokémon she had already planned to use out in battle for the event. The ability is supposed to be an 'Aura Synchronization' type thing to sync her aura with her Ghost-types... and thanks to that, it allows for her to send out the aura of what she would like to have happen in the battle to her Pokémon so that they actually do the attacks she wants them to. Not really controlling, just using aura to convey the messages and commands.

Thanks again for the critiques and kind comments. They're always appreciated. ^ u ^ (and Myrddin was going to respond to the ones you left in his thread, though only had his images coded in before we left for something. =v=a;; I told him that double posting is bad, so if you the same with the more recent things he's uploaded, he'll most likely respond to most or all that you've offered him. ouo/)

Tempest Reach Server

Celestial Hills Server

Blog Entries

Welp... time for another kind of revival in here. Gonna have to apologise for some of the quality of the topmost stuff, as they were made when I was feeling... stressed out and not too well.

Blazaking and Leggo like this.

Tempest Reach Server

Celestial Hills Server

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

@Shiay ; I really love how much your style has grown and evolved. And wow, Jaydin got married and had two kids now? xD Time sure flies...

All the art here is great! I personally like the first image of the girl (the rainbow hair makes me think of another one of your OCs who's name I can't recall...), and your anniversary art. :3

Blog Entries

@Blazaking EX

Ahaha, yeah... it's certainly been getting... somewhere where I'm comfortable with it. ; u ;;;; I'm actually starting to be more happy with my art as I get them done and coloured. My next project is working on landscapes, backgrounds, and scenery. ; A ; I'm glad that you like the evolution of my art, though! It just shows that I actually am getting somewhere from someone else's standpoint from seeing my art over the last... what is it now? Three years almost? Haha!

The girl that you pointed out -- that's Viola; a childhood friend of Jaydin's as I was writing out their histories and time lines. o: Very much different from Dixie (I'm sure that that's who you were referring to, as she's the only other character I have with rather colourful hair o: ). Unlike Dixie, however, she's a little more rebellious, rambunctious, and pushes people away more than tries to get all cutesy and friendly with them. XD Though, I'm glad you like her! ; u ; Viola's a more oft used character of mine (as are a lot of others. oTL), so I'm glad that whatever time she gets out in the open is received with a positive outlook thus far. ; u ;;;;
    Blazaking likes this.

Tempest Reach Server

Celestial Hills Server

Blog Entries

Update.

Tempest Reach Server

Celestial Hills Server

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122