A possible idea for an art trade program

Thread: A possible idea for an art trade program

The Last Red Mage Keldora Dragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default A possible idea for an art trade program

I see everyone take requests from others all over the art section, and I love how generous all you artists are to dedicate your time to do so.

Because of this, I'm thinking of starting an art exchange program in the Art Alcove. For example, users will sign up and get paired with others by random to trade art requests with each other. So far I'm planning to have these events monthly or for every other month, or just holidays.

Anyways what do all of you think about this? This is still just an idea and I would love to hear if others are interested and give input on how we should run it.

So for now input would be appreciated to see if enough people are interested. Also I would like to know if any other staff members of this section approve of this idea.

Do it, like an Animal... RebornRocks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A possible idea for an art trade program

It seems like a great idea! Not only would it work as a way to bring together the artist of BMGF as friends, but it will also be a great way to show that BMGF is just as much an art fest as any other site*! I can imagine something like this:

1. Users sign up for art trade
    2. Number generator to decide which two will trade art
    3. Both artists will give a small list of likes and dislikes to each other, just to make sure they don't dissapoint one another.
    4. After (insert amount of time here), the artists will be required to show eachother the art. Exceptions will be made if one artist says they might "hand it in late, not have enough time, or can't do the art because of problems".
    5. Art will be shown on main page (if this might be a new section). Otherwise, the artists can choose if they want it posted up or PMed.

Would that work out smoothly?

*Except deviantArt. We will never have as much art here as they do there. lol

Baby I'll keep you up all night, Gonna tie you up in case you bite.

Blog Entries

Those are all amazing ideas! That was pretty much what I had in mind for this program. Let's see what others say.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

This is a Pokemon form, if you are going to have art Trading there should be Art Battling! (I'm only joking, but that's kind-of a neat idea to have two artist put up pictures on the same subject and have users vote which they prefer)

---------
    Edit, well I don't mean a contest. Unless contest involve someone or a randomizer selecting the participants and the art subject(s) and then anyone that passes by the page with the two arts as one of the judges to vote, voting for picture A or picture B as their favorite. Then after so many votes after, so much time, a winner is chosen. (I mean something like a funny or die, or those old hot or not sites, but with two pictures and two participants, no prizes, maybe merit points, that type of thing... like a battle!) Of course if that is like a contest, then well... (lol)
    Last edited by bell02+; 17th January 2011 at 02:12 AM.

@bell02+ that is called a contest
    and speaking of which, what happened to all the contests?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bell02+ View Post
    This is a Pokemon form, if you are going to have art Trading there should be Art Battling! (I'm only joking, but that's kind-of a neat idea to have two artist put up pictures on the same subject and have users vote which they prefer)
    Art battling would be unfair- we want artists to work together, not compete. It could also get out of hand easily.

I'm going to sit down and see what I can do with ideas.

Actual Cannibal Shiay LaBeouf Shiay's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiay On Twitter Add Shiay on Facebook
    Follow Shiay on Tumblr Visit Shiay's Youtube Channel

If this does get implemented... I think it'd work better somewhat as a secret santa type thing than just a general pairing up two artists with one another. I mean... if we're going to do this type of pairing anyways instead of just allowing the artists to pick and choose who they want to art trade with.

deviantART | Perfect Lie | The Sinclair Journal | Level Up! | My Fanclub | Fallout Fanclub | Morty/Matsuba Fanclub | Left 4 Dead Group | TERA Player

Tempest Reach Server
    Jaydin.Byrd/37/Human/Warrior | Alloura/20/Elin/Priest | Jaysen.Biel/20/Castanic/Warrior | Kayan/6/Castanic/Archer
    Azrea/5/Castanic/Warrior | Gwenevire/8/Elin/Sorcerer | Jak.Sinclair/18/Human/Warrior | Sylsalis/10/Castanic/Archer

Celestial Hills Server
    Vaiha/15/Castanic/Slayer | Thalifra/16/Castanic/Sorcerer | Shiay/13/Human/Slayer | Mirielle.Maltrusse/23/High Elf/Mystic
    Nuell/20/Castanic/Archer | Open | Open | Open

Blog Entries

That's exactly how I was invisioning it. Perhaps a monthy thing where two members sign up and randomly paired by the mods.

Get the cool shoeshine! Glitchitar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sounds quite an awesome deal.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MusicNFics View Post
    Sounds quite an awesome deal.
    Yeah agree with'im/'er,but will this happen or not?

Blog Entries

Depends. It's certainly something that I, Keldora and Blazaking will have to discuss before implementing.

deviantART | Perfect Lie | The Sinclair Journal | Level Up! | My Fanclub | Fallout Fanclub | Morty/Matsuba Fanclub | Left 4 Dead Group | TERA Player

Tempest Reach Server
    Jaydin.Byrd/37/Human/Warrior | Alloura/20/Elin/Priest | Jaysen.Biel/20/Castanic/Warrior | Kayan/6/Castanic/Archer
    Azrea/5/Castanic/Warrior | Gwenevire/8/Elin/Sorcerer | Jak.Sinclair/18/Human/Warrior | Sylsalis/10/Castanic/Archer

Celestial Hills Server
    Vaiha/15/Castanic/Slayer | Thalifra/16/Castanic/Sorcerer | Shiay/13/Human/Slayer | Mirielle.Maltrusse/23/High Elf/Mystic

Is this still in the works because I think it's an awesome idea

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

The idea is being worked upon, and will hopefully be implemented in the future.

Blog Entries

Awesome, can't wait to see it in the future. =v= I'm definitely interested in seeing this project kick off.

... Oh, was this thread supposed to be locked? Whelp, there's my mod abuse for the day. BU

Tempest Reach Server

Celestial Hills Server