Myrddin's Junk

Thread: Myrddin's Junk

Default Myrddin's Junk

Unfortunately, due to certain circumstances, I am not available to access my computer at this time. So, to compensate, I will be posting artwork that's been uploaded already to my previous dA account.

Actual Cannibal Shiay LaBeouf Shiay's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiay On Twitter Add Shiay on Facebook
    Follow Shiay on Tumblr Visit Shiay's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Myrddin's Junk

Fffffffff-- you should upload more of the stuff that you've got floating around on your dA or even on other sites that you've posted your art on. :C

deviantART | Perfect Lie | The Sinclair Journal | Level Up! | My Fanclub | Fallout Fanclub | Morty/Matsuba Fanclub | Left 4 Dead Group | TERA Player

Tempest Reach Server
    Jaydin.Byrd/37/Human/Warrior | Alloura/20/Elin/Priest | Jaysen.Biel/20/Castanic/Warrior | Kayan/6/Castanic/Archer
    Azrea/5/Castanic/Warrior | Gwenevire/8/Elin/Sorcerer | Jak.Sinclair/18/Human/Warrior | Sylsalis/10/Castanic/Archer

Celestial Hills Server
    Vaiha/15/Castanic/Slayer | Thalifra/16/Castanic/Sorcerer | Shiay/13/Human/Slayer | Mirielle.Maltrusse/23/High Elf/Mystic
    Nuell/20/Castanic/Archer | Open | Open | Open

@Shiay Ffff- you make it sound like I should just copy/pasta everything into one thread. D:<

Alright, well as per my lady's instructions, I'll post some more stuff...

"This ain't a bathroom. So don't start no shit."

White FC | Myrddin | 1635 5105 6634

deviantART

"...That was interesting" Erasmus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

(Grah! And I was having an existential crisis trying to figure out how to critique the first set of images!)

So, anyway, as I’m sure you get all the time, you’re art is, like, super-awesome. Usually very proportionate (that sounds a little weird to say) and the faces are expressive and full of life-like qualities. And whatnot.

Since you, in fact, have so many arts, just consider anything unmentioned to still be “super-awesome” but I just didn’t have anything to say about it.

For Midori, the part of her dress to the left of her hand (her right) looks higher that on the right. Might just be the angle of the body, though.

Hayley’s right pupil looks a little misshapen.

Ohana Playlist Myrddin Single: Hey, that’s a familiar symbol!

The right eye (her right) in Commission 02 seems to be a slightly more… squinty? Lower? Than her left eye.

Another Hogwarts character sheet. Is this for something or just a meme (draw meme? Dang, what are those things called…?). Anyway, looks pretty cool, and has a nice title. XD

Yay! I love nice, starry skies. And the broken moon things look cool too.

Gonna be honest here: I was gonna make a tasteless back hair joke. But I didn’t. Cause it was tasteless. I sort of recognized that they were stylistic wings (having seen similar wings elsewhere) but I’ve always though they looked… odd. For wings, anyway.

I mistook Marina for Noel (from BlazBlue) for a moment. :P
    Anyway, the lower part of her left leg seems a bit thinner than the right leg. It might just be because of the bending and squishing against the upper leg.

Durr Hurr. Froslass.
    I suppose it’s just because of the coloring style, but the Sunglasses look like they’re made out of rock.

I really love these Pokemon drawings. (I assume they’re a team or something?) My favorites are the Pale Man Reuniclus and the Spiritomb with the Eyes of Horus (that make him/her/it look like it has a Snidley Whiplash moustache.)

Epic Muscley Garchomp. I’m not sure about the spine, though. It looks like it’s a little out of alignment with the skull.

Heh, looks like the Headcrab is on the other Head this time! Or something.

I tried doing what Tyani is doing with her hand and it felt really awkward… but that might just be that I was trying to keep the hand and fingers the same way and twisting the arm around to try and get the same angle POV as in the picture. Also, I’m not entirely sure her thumb is proportionate with the rest of her hand, though the angle makes it hard to tell. The other thing is her collar, shoulder, and neck. It’s mostly her right shoulder, but the way the collar sits on it makes it seem like her neck is a little too long.

Maya’s left eye seems a little too close to her ear and her right eye doesn’t look like it’s quite in tune with her left (as in, it’s definitely smaller as per the angle, but the proportions of the eye, even at the angle seem different.)

Hah hah, oh jeez. What’s the book head girl from? And why is she named after a type of Japanese prose narrative?
    Also, I’ve seen that way of standing in various pictures, and it sort of shows up in the previous Commission 02 picture, but it doesn’t really look all that… comfortable or natural. Perhaps I’ve just never noticed this pose in real life?

Chibi Zero’s sword looks a little… bendy and wavy, though I suppose that it’s more acceptable in the style.

I suppose this is more a continuity thing than anything else, but the second image of Maya has her cheeks looking more angular than in the first one.

(Bah! No proper file name on this one. It’s the one of the sleeping pink haired woman)
    Same sort of problem with the Tyani picture: the collar makes her neck look longer than usual. It’s not really readily apparent, but picturing her without the collar makes it more obvious.

The distance between the teeth and the lower tusk on the Deava is longer than that between them and the upper tusk. The lower tusk also seems not as sharper and a bit rounder.

It’s a bit hard to see the definitions of the limbs on the “Band Aid Doctor” picture, though I’m thinking that might be on purpose. In any case, I sort of thought she was missing her limbs at first and that they were disappearing in some weird digital/.hack style thing. O.o

Whew! That’s sort of it for any sort of real critique I can find. Anyway, even the stuff I had critique on were very, very good. I’m shocked (shocked I say) that no one’s posted anything yet (well, except Shiay, but between the various familiar characters in the pictures and the tone of the last post, I am getting the feeling that you two might already know each other :P), even the standard “lol awesome” comment.

So, nice job. Keep of the good work and all that.

*thumbs up*

And now I must go on my daily constitutional.
    Last edited by Erasmus; 21st July 2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Werp derp, spelled Shiay's name wrong, then fixed it by misspelling it again...

~Erasmu's Art~DeviantArt~
    Weekly Recommendation: Hallow's Art

Actual Cannibal Shiay LaBeouf Shiay's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiay On Twitter Add Shiay on Facebook
    Follow Shiay on Tumblr Visit Shiay's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
    (well, except Shisy, but between the various familiar characters in the pictures and the tone of the last post, I am getting the feeling that you two might already know each other :P)
    ... :U Mhm... he's my fiance.

... >u> Also... once we get home, I'm hoping I can kick him into gear for drawing new stuff.

deviantART | Perfect Lie | The Sinclair Journal | Level Up! | My Fanclub | Fallout Fanclub | Morty/Matsuba Fanclub | Left 4 Dead Group | TERA Player

Tempest Reach Server
    Jaydin.Byrd/37/Human/Warrior | Alloura/20/Elin/Priest | Jaysen.Biel/20/Castanic/Warrior | Kayan/6/Castanic/Archer
    Azrea/5/Castanic/Warrior | Gwenevire/8/Elin/Sorcerer | Jak.Sinclair/18/Human/Warrior | Sylsalis/10/Castanic/Archer

Celestial Hills Server
    Vaiha/15/Castanic/Slayer | Thalifra/16/Castanic/Sorcerer | Shiay/13/Human/Slayer | Mirielle.Maltrusse/23/High Elf/Mystic
    Nuell/20/Castanic/Archer | Open | Open | Open

Blog Entries

Wow, this stuff is absolutely amazing. I'm especially impressed by that navy blue/black Pokemon trainer with the blonde braided hair. If I ever got skilled at art, I wanted it to be in that style.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

The last batch of old artwork that I'll be posting for now. There's a few older stuff, but a lot of them don't really warrant they be posted.

"This ain't a bathroom. So don't start no shit."

White FC | Myrddin | 1635 5105 6634

deviantART

"...That was interesting" Erasmus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So many pictures!

Maeva’s head looks pretty good, but a little flat and featureless with the minimal nose. Though I suppose that’s a feature of anime style. *shrug*
    The definition on the lips and around the eyes is pretty nice in any case.
    She is also very shiny. *bling-bling*

The scene looks very… somber? The dark clouds on the horizon are a good touch. I also like the watercolory coloring style. The cross seems to be tilted slightly to the right, even taking the angle of the shot into account.

Oooo… creepy face. Love those. Not much to add, other than his dental bill must tremendous.

Hah, the expression is awesome. I mistook the fingernail for an especially pointy finger tip at first. And it is rather point, even for a long fingernail, though one supposes she (he?) just sharpened it along with her teeth.

That expression really never get’s old. I have the same issue with the coloring of the sunglasses as in the previous one, but I guess that it fits with the rest of the style. Eh.

Ha ha! Wrong Shirt. (Or… right shirt?)
    Anywho, the brim of the hat seems too thin. Also, while her expression is obvious groggy, her mouth looks… I dunno… sad? Er… I’m not too sure. It’s similar to a sleepy cheek tugged back frown/whatever, but maybe too… wavy? Ugh. It’s hard when you have no idea what to call any of this stuff.

Oh man. Probably so many Animu character ticks in there…
    The only real thing I notice is that the angle of her jaw seems… steep? I suppose that the right word. It seems a little long too, but maybe it’s just the hair. The ribbon on her chest might be off center, though that could be due to her breasts.

Creepy. Like it. Her skull does seem a little too concave around the eye, more so than usual for a human skull or the other faces here.

Hrrmm… nothing for me to add to this one.

Fiverr Easy Chibi’s right wrist is out of alignment with the rest of his arm.

Neko Myrddin looks fine, but his outline is too thin/light, especially in his hair, and makes it hard to make out.

The Bendy Sword! BD
    I’m not sure if it’s the outline itself or the light bits near the lower part of the sword, but it looks a bit wobbly. That’s it really, except that her right hand disappears behind her belt. It seems like some fingers should be visible.

Judge Myrddin looks cool, but he appears to be awkwardly raising his right arm. It’s not just that the shoulder is higher than the left, but the rest of the arm is as well. Which is better than just the shoulder, I suppose. The other two things are his nose, which seems a bit too straight (though tht might just be the eye patch) and his left foot, which seems to have the tongue like part of the foot angled to the right but the rest of the foot seems to be angled to the left.

Whelp, there we go. Very good range of examples. Hope you get a chance to do some more drawing soon.

~Erasmu's Art~DeviantArt~
    Weekly Recommendation: Hallow's Art

Blog Entries

Shiay has a Fiancee? That's so cute :3 congrats.

Anywho--dang D8. Amazing stuff here. I am speechless and I just wanna sit here and keep staring. I think I will--at least until my computer battery runs out.
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.