My sprites throughout the ages

Thread: My sprites throughout the ages

Blog Entries

Default My sprites throughout the ages

Well, I have decided to upload a collection of my sprites for Bulbagarden to see, (Previously seen in Serebiiforums a few years back, but a couple more sprites). These are the sprites I made throughout the ages, mostly going back only a couple of years.

I particularly would like to hear your opinion on the sprite that stands mostly alone (The one with the Eevee head and the Houndoom body). It took me a bit of splicing and fusing and looking for the right combination of Pokemon to make it, I call it an new Eevee evolution, the King of Eevees. I tried to use all of the Eevee and it's evolutions on the first draft sprite (Yes there are two other earlier editions) but that didn't work out so I just used what would look nice.

The rest are random, some may have been taken from a jpg format but I transferred them to png so if it looks noticeable that would be why, but most are in png. My earlier work was saved in JPG before I discovered that was a bad one to save it in. This file was saved here though.

My much earlier work was bad though, really embarrassing bad back in like 05, probably still able to find it on Serebii but I recommend not, I was a fool who didn't take criticism well to my sprites at that point (Long story), now I am fine with it. So yes there are plenty more sprites that were left out of this for various of reasons. Bad fusion/splice, bad coloring or in jpg format. Too many white dots able to be seen. Looking back on an old post of mine elsewhere, it seems I do have some more sprites that have gone missing or have been lost forever.

And then there were the horrors...within. Back in my first ever fusion was a sprite so terrible, so horrible that I refuse to ever show it again. And it was a very badly fused sprite. One that still lurks somewhere on the internet. It could be Serebii.. or could be anywhere. It could be lurking in the dark pages of Bulbagarden sprite archives...

Okay enough trying to sound creepy and scary:P, but the chances of seeing the really earlier works are probably the same chance as seeing the stories I created between 11-13, very slim as they were not good, had horrible writing as well. Please let me know what you think and I might upload the other sprites that don't have too much of a bad job (It's mostly recoloring with the occasional fusion as well).

Also can someone please help me with something that has gotten me since ever showing my sprites. How do I get rid of the white background and make it transparent? (It's saved in PNG). Never figured out to get rid of the white. Oh all works are made in paint since it's what I have to work with (But not with the paint colors. Except maybe the Christmas Eevees up there but the rest have their colors come from various of other Pokemon with shadings)
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

The Curious Lord of Time Thanatos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My sprites throughout the ages

Good job! Your sprites look pretty good!

I would suggest paying a little attention to the outlines, and change them appropriately too.
    Except for maybe the orange Torterra. Making the outline on the top tree a little orange-er(So its sorta orange greenish) would have been good, but the green looks nice too. It makes me think of Autumn/fall leaves.

The Eevee king looks nice, but I don't really like the shape of the horns. They look a little off.

As for making sprites white...You can use a program like gimp or photoshop. another way, which I find easier, is to upload a image onto Iaza,and click the transparent button(the top one). Click the colour white, and it goes. Then upload it to an image hosting site, as Iaza only holds images for...I think 90 days.

Blog Entries

Default Re: My sprites throughout the ages

Thanks, just noticed someone posted in here haha. Will take all of that in, although I don't sprite as much anymore, just kind of got boring at one point:). Yeah the Eevee horns are from Houndoom, do you suggest smaller horns? I don't think I was sure which horns to use, and not many Pokemon (Pre Unova) has two horns as well.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.