My custom trainer ID card

Thread: My custom trainer ID card

Pokémon Conspiracist Smeagol92055's Avatar

Default My custom trainer ID card

So I found a Website that lets you order custom ID cards and I immediately thought, "Hmm. How could I make this all about Pokémon?"

Well, an hour and a few trips back and forth online later, I came up with this.
    The original template wasn't mine, but I did have to completely recreate the front of the card by hand in Illustrator, so the artwork is sort-of semi-mine(?)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pokid-front.png   pokid-back.png  
    Last edited by Smeagol92055; 22nd March 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Default Re: My custom trainer ID card

Sorry to double post, but here's an update (I decided to physically build it myself!)

At this point, the only thing I need to make it complete is a laminate coating, which I'll be applying later today. I'd love to cosplay this at the Comic Con... maybe lurk in a dark corner somewhere and randomly jump out at people to shout OUR EYES HAVE MET AND SO WE MUST BATTLE or something.

Wow, @Smeagol92055 , that is really cool! I really like the detail you've put in, looks really legit.

Have you done stuff like this before?

You recreated the design from scratch on Illustrator? That's quite a feat, it turned out really nice :3 Must've taken a hefty bit of time to redo the design at such a size - even the Pokeball is spot on. I'd be interested in seeing more vectors from you ^_^

I did a vertical one, too!
    photo-1.jpg

I definitely put more work into the second one than the first one; I played with the layout and colors, eventually creating my own version of the ID, quite different from the template I originally downloaded.
    If anyone would like a custom ID design, please let me know! Now that I have the templates all I need is the information to fill them out.