My Art Portfolio

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ninja-Mage
  • 1 Post By Blazaking

Thread: My Art Portfolio

Default My Art Portfolio

I'm getting ready to put in my application for a big art school, and as such I need to put together an art portfolio. Never have I done one so bare with me as i'll be adding to it over time.

A bit about me art wise. I've been drawing for as long as I have memories. I've never taken a single day of art class so everything you see is stuff I've learned myself or enhanced on. I mostly draw character stills, as I want to go into Character animation. But i'm trying to work on my backgrounds as well. I work on and off(when ever I have time) on a sci-fi comic, you can find the link to it in my sig. I've worked on this with a personal friend, I draw, she was captioning. I decided to take her off captioning a few months back as her dialogue was a bit to formal for a comic at times. But she's been a part of writing the story since the beginning. With that all out of the way please enjoy, and let me know what you think.

PS: I am also okay with doing art swaps and maybe the occasional request, PM me with either. I can't guarantee quick delivery as I'm always busy but I can try.

This is Business Eagle, a fictional character/persona of my friend.

This ones a bit older so don't judge to critically I was more focused on designing the kimono.

My more recent art. I'm working on a small project.

again another more recent

my sig.

I love the color in this one. this was a request for a friend and my first experiment using more of a Disney color style.

Some rough work to get an idea of how my art looks prior to photoshop.

My avatar

I've been trying to plot out a good comic for this character, I usually get distracted.

Jumping ahead abit.. or before actually this page shows off some of my techniques I've acquired during the creation of this comic.

Again please let me know what you think. I should date these but I'm to lazy, some are over a year old. some are more recent.
    Blazaking likes this.

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

Default Re: My Art Portfolio

I really like these! Your style is pretty cool.

My favourite is probably that artwork of Red. The soft coloring works and I like how you roughed up his clothes.

I also like that last artwork you posted, the one with the girl and the Budew. Cute character design, I like her expression.

Looking forward to seeing more!
    Last edited by Blazaking; 18th March 2013 at 12:03 PM.
    Ninja-Mage likes this.

Default Re: My Art Portfolio

Thank you so much for the compliments! Yah with Red I wanted a little realism since he'd been camping up on top of a mountain