MFreak lives

Thread: MFreak lives

Blog Entries

Default MFreak lives

You guys probably do not remember me, but I used to run The Complete Sprite Group back when it was the most active spriting group on the forums. Though the group died a long time ago I figured I'd swing by and say that I'm still kicking and spriting. Some random recent work-

Fennekin

another in my own style

2 NES Cover designs

Some other junk

And lastly, the Pyro playing banjo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fennekin_sprite_by_themfreak-d5qv1an.png  

Default Re: MFreak lives

MFreak! It's been a while. Dunno if you remember who I am, but back when you were first here, I really liked your sprite work because, damn, you have skill. And I see that you've been keeping up with it.

Everything is great, but for ones that stood out to me personally... I really like the Super Rainbow Dash Entertainment System design! It's really well made! Also, dat Frankenstein.

Blog Entries

Many thanks man. I've been working more on digital art lately, but I still like to do spriting in my free time.

Recently out of boredom I starting making an entire game map out of original tile sprites.

A few areas. The entire game is split up into areas of 16x16 tiles, with each tile being 16x16 pixels. I used only 4 colors to keep it in the style of classic gameboy games.

Unfortunately I am terrible at coding, so if anything it'll just end up being a giant piece of art and not a functional game.

EDIT: I'm trying out some new grass tiles. Here is a current test I'm liking. You can compare it to the bottom left image above which is of the same

Quote Originally Posted by MFreak View Post
    Many thanks man. I've been working more on digital art lately, but I still like to do spriting in my free time.

Recently out of boredom I starting making an entire game map out of original tile sprites.

A few areas. The entire game is split up into areas of 16x16 tiles, with each tile being 16x16 pixels. I used only 4 colors to keep it in the style of classic gameboy games.

Unfortunately I am terrible at coding, so if anything it'll just end up being a giant piece of art and not a functional game.

EDIT: I'm trying out some new grass tiles. Here is a current test I'm liking. You can compare it to the bottom left image above which is of the same
    I really like how the cities are colored green, gives me a gameboy vibe with how the original had a green screen and everything had that color. Very nice touch. It looks pretty nice to.

Blog Entries

So friend of mine is trying to get together a little charity thing online where he is selling raffle tickets, and the people who buy them have a chance to win artwork created by him and some of his friends. Its for a local family that might loose their house.

It's still not 100%, but I'm hoping I can donate a signed and framed print of an original pixel-art design.

I only just started today, and I'd say it isn't even halfway done yet. I hope to add some generic RPG creatures to it like slimes, and probably a hero character at the top.

I figured I'd upload some of the individual steps I did because it gives more of an look on how I do these.

I'm really trying to make this one look as good as possible because it is for a good cause. So if you have any suggestions or critiques please post them! Every bit of feedback helps.

Blog Entries

Haha I had to draw a line and say that this is officially done before I tried to add anything else

Blog Entries

Haha I had to draw a line and say that this is officially done before I tried to add anything else
    WHY HAVEN'T YOU STARTED AN INDIE GAME COMPANY

That is amazing. You've improved leaps and bounds since you first came here, damn. The lines, the shapes, the colors; everything about this is solid.

Wow man, just wow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Simm View Post
    WHY HAVEN'T YOU STARTED AN INDIE GAME COMPANY
    Because I couldn't code a game if my life depended on it XD