Luciole's Sprites.

Thread: Luciole's Sprites.

Default Luciole's Sprites.

Hi there. So. I am a novice spriter. Honestly. I only started the other day, just messing around on Photoshop. I started by making a couple of recolors, and then a couple of composite sprites for characters in a fanfiction I've been planning on writing. I'm going to post those, because the recolors were kind of boring. And bad. So, yeah.

The heroine of the story, Elin; as a young girl, with her Horsea:
    Name:  Elin.png
Views: 88
Size:  3.6 KB

An ally of the heroine, Hyathe; a young, pleasant, somewhat promiscuous woman, with her Vileplume:
    hyathe.png

Another ally of the heroine, Thyme, who cares for the heroine as a child after the death of her mother; he is with his partner Roserade:

Name:  Thyme.png
Views: 62
Size:  5.4 KB

The main antagonist of the story, Issil, with his Eelektross:

Name:  Issil.png
Views: 67
Size:  5.7 KB

Vern, a subordinate of Issil and a secondary antagonist, with his Scizor:
    Name:  Vern.png
Views: 74
Size:  7.0 KB

I'd really like some tips on spriting. As you can probably see, I'm not very good. ._. So, you know, constructive criticism and helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Luciole; 30th September 2012 at 02:13 PM.

Default Re: Luciole's Sprites.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say you aren't very good. Unless I'm mistaken, you have not only created original designs, but you've managed to execute them quite well.

I'm also interested in the proto-story you're hinting at here. Will we get to see more of this? Are those names based off of plants? I know thyme is a plant... Vern sounds kind of like fern... Hmm...