Let's draw Sugimori Style - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's draw Sugimori Style

OMG!! Those are awsome-ness!! *___*

Just floating around! DarkHaunter's Avatar

That Misdreavus looks really cool, I love the colors!
    "I'm through accepting limits, 'cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but 'till I try I'll never know!"

More of my sugimori-alike artworks!

This is time to welcome the red headed girl which owns a gym at lavaridge town. YES! That's Asuna/Flannery! Hope you like it...now i'll look for shelter as I'm getting scared by the Flannery fans XD

Note: I've taken good notice of your suggestions.
    [center]
    The largest Spanish Pokémon site on the net.
    http:// www.pokemon-safari.com

Those are amazing it looks just like Sugimori's style. I like his style a lot, so crisp and pretty. Might i suggest you try some more g/s/c pokemon? Sugimori hasn't redone a lot of those pokemon.

He has redone all of the old Pokémon, i'm certain he has. We'll be able to see the new illustrations at some point, maybe with the DP games.
    [center]

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Wow! This is one cool Flan-chan fanart! My only crit would be the size of her legs. They should be a tad longer, in comparison with her arms and the rest of her body. Other than that, this is Flantastic! Like Pika Zukin would say.

Guessing game for you (should be terribly easy, so have a go!)

Blaze Kick, NOW! You're gonna get roasted by this "chick".... still don't know who this is? I'll let you know, click the attachment :P
    [center]

ROFLcopter: Iraqi Assault Kari Kagome & Mewtwo's Avatar

Johto Gym Leaders & Elite 4... Now... I insist.

Coming soon to a TCG near you..

Hmm yeah maybe it's time for me to get done some johto gym leaders or elite four members... (and some pokémon too :P)
    [center]

The Polish Frenchboy ;D Jolllly's Avatar

Oyes. >D

*rolls around on the floor with Morty and Will kissing plushies*

I wonder...
    I pray...
    I sleep alone, I cry alone,
    Without you this house is not a home,
    So please come home soon...
    I walk alone, I try alone,
    And I'll wait for you, don't wanna die alone...
    So please come home soon...

WARNING:
    IT'S THAT TIME OF THE MONTH AGAIN!

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Greatly done. One of the best Blaziken fanart I've seen in a while. I'm eager to see a Morty in Sugimori style.

Cuddly Electric Critter Pacific Pikachu's Avatar

Hey~ we've got quite an artist here! I'm sorry I didn't find this thread earlier. (I've been lazy and haven't been online too much.)

You've got the Sugimori art style down remarkably well. It looks just like his artwork! Your lineart is nice and clean, your shading is smooth and pretty, and the poses and proportions of the Pokémon are very accurate. I especially like the Bulbasaur and Mudkip, who are absolutely adorable. :D But I'm a sucker for cute Pokémon. The Wynaut's great, too.

Let's see... You could use a *little* work on human proportions. For instance, Marina's legs look a little too thick, and her general hip/legs area looks slightly off. Brendan's pose is somewhat awkward from the hips down. The twins are very top-heavy and their proportions are almost like those of a chibi. For the most part, however, these are minor complaints and, when looking at the pictures from an untrained eye, they look perfectly fine.

Flannery turned out nice, and the only thing I can say that looks slightly off is her stomach-area. The Pokémon all just look fantastic. I can't think of anything to say about them. Blaziken looks wonderful, and I love his head area.

Anyway, I really like your artwork, so keep it up! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your drawings. :D
    ~Devoted Pokéshipper and Ash fan~

"Inori sae mo kieta yoru
    Nani o shinjite doko e kimi wa iku
    Namida iro no ryuusei ga asake warau you ni ima sugiteku..." - See You, Space Cowboy...

ROFLcopter: Iraqi Assault Kari Kagome & Mewtwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kento
    These illustrations MAY NOT BE REUSED.
    Just when I was about to ask you if I could use this on some of my fake tcg cards. You made me sad.

Coming soon to a TCG near you..

Quote Originally Posted by Kari Kagome & Mewtwo
    Just when I was about to ask you if I could use this on some of my fake tcg cards. You made me sad.
    Well for those they can be used. After all, cards have a spot to place the ilustration artist, so go ahead :)
    [center]

We are not socks Purple Kecleon's Avatar

hmm, I'll defnitely have to find the time to comment in detail on every image you post here-- because, 1) you have the style down better than I do, and, 2) I really like how you color on a lot of these and I do adore the lineart. Please, tell me, which program did you use for the lineart? excuse me if it was already said and I was ignorant and didn't read it, but I would really like to know because I've been struggling for a while to find a brush for lineart that works right for me, and i've got someone who's wanting me to do a Sugimori-style picture soon so this knowledge would be much appreciated. ^_^; I love how you shade in his style, it seems like you study how he does it and you try and match it accordingly. I assume you use the colordrop to pick up the colors from his artwork. I think my favorite is the bulbasaur of all of these-- I don't have any crits for it at all, so I'll say that now. But for the rest of them, I have little things I'd like to point out and get your opinion on, but I'm running short of time this moment and I'd simply like to throw the idea out there so that you know I've got some ideas about your art that I'll express soon ^^; And I really hope you continue to improve with this style-- you're quite good, and any crits I have I'm sure you'll be able to see where I'm coming from and in the future I'll be so loving to see how you're doing with this stye.

~Purple Kecleon

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast