jokool's anime and manga drawings - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: jokool's anime and manga drawings

Blog Entries

Default Re: jokool's anime and manga drawings

Time for an update:

Okay, a couple of nights ago, I was trying to design a new character... Only thing is that it turned out to look (almost) like Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach (well, it looks that way to me):

Again, I decided to leave it 'black and white.' I think I still need to work on the shading and eyes (and about a dozen other areas LOL), but the hands have improved (maybe?).

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

The hands have improved, yes, but they both still have issues. His left hand looks a little chunky, with little variation in width from finger to wrist (what's visible of it). The fingers could do with some elongation and even thinning. The right hand is harder to comment on, but I can say that it doesn't really look like he's holding his weapon (I assume it's a sword or something). I can see fingers below, and a thumb on top, but he's just holding it very loosely. When people hold something, their fingers tend to curl all the way around it.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
    The hands have improved, yes, but they both still have issues. His left hand looks a little chunky, with little variation in width from finger to wrist (what's visible of it). The fingers could do with some elongation and even thinning. The right hand is harder to comment on, but I can say that it doesn't really look like he's holding his weapon (I assume it's a sword or something). I can see fingers below, and a thumb on top, but he's just holding it very loosely. When people hold something, their fingers tend to curl all the way around it.
    Agreed on the left hand... *sigh* I need more practice.

The right hand is holding a sword (it got cut off in the pic). I was trying to design a sword with a large... Uh... Handle? Grip? (whatever it's called)...
    Anyway, now that I look at it, I can see that:
    1.) Since I was trying to design a big sword, I should have made it bigger.
    2.) Since it's a big sword, I probably should've had him hold it in both hands.

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Agreed on the left hand... *sigh* I need more practice.

The right hand is holding a sword (it got cut off in the pic). I was trying to design a sword with a large... Uh... Handle? Grip? (whatever it's called)...
    Anyway, now that I look at it, I can see that:
    1.) Since I was trying to design a big sword, I should have made it bigger.
    2.) Since it's a big sword, I probably should've had him hold it in both hands.
    Cloud Strife says hi. But yeah, it's not so much the sword that's the problem (though if it's that large it should be on more of an angle, I'd say). It's the fact that it just kinda looks like it's sitting in front of his hand rather than in it. I can't draw hands for crap myself, though.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

Blog Entries

Cloud Strife says hi. But yeah, it's not so much the sword that's the problem (though if it's that large it should be on more of an angle, I'd say). It's the fact that it just kinda looks like it's sitting in front of his hand rather than in it. I can't draw hands for crap myself, though.
    Hahaha! Okay, so it's not the sword.

I'll remember to draw the hand with a better grip next time. Thanks for the advice!

Blog Entries

Time for a looooong overdue update!

If you haven't noticed, I've changed my profile theme. This current theme came about from some joking around in The Planetary Pit Stop (not the first time joking around sparked a profile theme change ).

Anyway, the theme is Joey Wheeler: Brooklyn Shinigami!

Here's the avatar:

and here's the signature banner:

The avi is a smaller (edit: now cropped) version of the actual pic. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out well...
    Last edited by jokool; 13th May 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Blog Entries

UPDATE TIME!!!

Okay, these next few pics are of the same character. I came up with this character a while back.

This first pic is from when I first drew her. I was trying out different facial styles at the time. This was my first attempt at a more 'realistic-looking anime face.'

WARNING!You might scream and run out the door when you see this face:

Anyway..... Even though that face didn't turn out well, I really like the way everything else looked, so I decided to draw a new pic of her yesterday:

I did mess up the hair slightly (stupid pen!) and I think a couple other areas need some work, but I really like the way the face turned out (it's not perfect, but it's a big improvement).

Blog Entries

New update:

Here's a couple of new drawings I've done lately:

First is what I describe as a 'sexy anime pirate girl:'

Pay no attention to her crossed-eyed look (no idea how the hell that happened) or her weird looking boots... Yeah, I need more practice.

The next two pics go with my 'Brooklyn Shinigami' theme. They're what Joey's Bankai look like (sort of):

Normal Bankai (Arekuruu Salamandra):

Shadow Bankai (Arekuruu Kage Salamandra):

The normal one is based off of Salamandra found in Yu-Gi-Oh!
    The Shadow one is based off of Origin form Giratina.

Blog Entries

Here's another update! Boy, am I glad the double posting rule isn't enforced here.

Anyway, a while back, I said I was working on a PokeShipping fanfic and I planed to draw some fanart to go with it. The fanfic is currently on hold until I find out more about Pokemon Best Wishes season 2, but, I recently did a PokeShipping fanart (well, it's of Ash and Misty anyway):

I'm not too happy with the way Ash turned out, but everything else looks good (to me anyway).

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

:D I'm not a big fan of the anime, but that's really good!
    jokool likes this.

Blog Entries

Wow. I haven't posted here in a while.

Anyway, I've done a couple of drawings lately, so I thought I'd post them:

First one is a random Genesect drawing I did:

The next few are from an idea I had for a new character I created. It's a character based off of me (sort of) from Bleach:

This first one features his Zanpakuto in it's first release (Shikai):

The second one features the Bankai (second release) and the Zanpakuto Spirit, Aisumeiden (Ice Maiden):

I tried drawing a parka-like thing around my character.... That didn't go so well (it looked a lot cooler in my head).

The next two are just some rough sketches and quick doodles of my character and his Zanpakuto (along with some info I wrote down on the Zanpakuto (unfortunately, it looks like it didn't turn out too well in the pic )):

Blog Entries

I drew this a while back, but never put it on here, so here it is:

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

it has color! :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123