Izanagi's Fan-art

Thread: Izanagi's Fan-art

Default Izanagi's Fan-art

Hey, everybody! I am Izanagi some of you may or may not know me and that's fine because that is why I made thread. Also if you didn't get the thread's title you should know that Izanagi is one the founding gods of Japanese mythology. Anyways, I am not the best and I know that but here some artworks I have done in the past couple of months some very recent. If you guys like them that great if you don't that also great just explain why you don't. As a artist, it is very helpful if you point out the flaws of works so that I can improve. So with out further ado.

Here are some fanart I did of some of my more favorite characters:

Chun-Li

Akuma

Strider Hiryu

X-23

Onslaught

Last but certainly not least here are some Pokemon fanart I did.

Zekrom's Power

B2W2

Anyways, I hope you guys like what I have done here! :)
    Last edited by Izanagi; 6th August 2012 at 02:13 AM.

R&T

Default Re: Izanagi's Fan-art

Seriously, I think it's very well drawn....especially If you draw without any model. (reproduce is easy)
    When you look at it, there isn't so much flaws .
    Chun-li is some weird character in Street Fighter. I choose her in SF 4 (xBox360)....omg, she is so muscular, . But I like your FanARt <3 . You did well with the color ( violet-blue...) . I can't say much 'cause I'm a shit with colored pencils >.>
    The only complain can be Chunl-li's face. But I know It's difficult to draw. I can't draw myself human face very well :/

About -Strider Hiryu. His left forearm is anatomically impossible ^^ wheareas the right arm is correct . A perspective form above is diffucult to draw :P
    -X-23. Her left thigh is weirdly drawn and Her right leg seems too small. But It may be the normal way to draw her :P. Dunno

And finally, B2W2 . The head of the male protagonist (boy in blue with a red cap), is too small.... really :P .

Well, that's all I have to say. I don't know well X-23 or Hiryu or B2W2 ( I haven't play) so I can't say much. Maybe the proportions are O.K . When I draw, I try to respect The Canon of Proportion even if it's manga characters

EDIT=> I can't say all I want 'cause English isn't my mothertongue. I don't know all the drawing term and Can't express me very well :/

Thanks for the comment. I am slowly learning to do proportions on my free time. Sometimes I think something look right and then when I look at it later I notice more mistakes than before. Usually this ends with me not being happy with those drawings. However, that why I am learning trying to improve on what has been done before. Anyways, I try harder with the proportions. Additionally, perspective drawing is tough. Also, both X-23 and Strider Hiryu are playable characters in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 the later character being playable in all three. Lastly, thanks for the comment I greatly appreciate it.

R&T

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Thanks for the comment. I am slowly learning to do proportions on my free time. Sometimes I think something look right and then when I look at it later I notice more mistakes than before. Usually this ends with me not being happy with those drawings.
    x)
    Me too. When I look at my old drawings, I find that they are so... ugly. I wonder How did I manage to draw something like that :/ . I made a lot of mistakes about the perspective, body size, length of the legs/arms....
    Because of that, I threw my drawings :'(
    But maybe it's the sign that I'm improving

Another problem is when I think that my drawings are crap compared to others :/

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Additionally, perspective drawing is tough.
    yeah and I'm reproducing the perspectives I see in manga or I try to imaginate it but it's difficult .

Btw, I look forward to your next fanarts. I like people who draw without models . It's more difficult =D

PS=> I'm looking at your DA
    http://magatzu.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d57eskn => Omg, truly great
    Last edited by R&T; 8th August 2012 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R&T View Post
    x)
    Me too. When I look at my old drawings, I find that they are so... ugly. I wonder How did I manage to draw something like that :/ . I made a lot of mistakes about the perspective, body size, length of the legs/arms....
    Because of that, I threw my drawings :'(
    But maybe it's the sign that I'm improving

Another problem is when I think that my drawings are crap compared to others :/
    Oh boy, I know how that feels likes almost actually but maybe it is as you said maybe it is a sign we are improving. My drawing are heck of a lot better than they were years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by R&T View Post
    yeah and I'm reproducing the perspectives I see in manga or I try to imaginate it but it's difficult .

Btw, I look forward to your next fanarts. I like people who draw without models . It's more difficult =D

PS=> I'm looking at your DA
    Magatzu's deviantART Gallery => Omg, truly great
    Thanks for are you praise and criticism. Again, it is great appreciate it especially coming from artist. I want to be go into animations (or something of that sort) so I will need to practice. In closing, I glad you enjoy my fan-arts! :)

Cool. ^^ Nice details on these. Only thing I'd add to R&T's crit is that the female characters seem super masculine. :x Try practicing with softer features and lines that aren't so angular.

The B2W2 drawing is awesome. :D

urpg

Thanks for the advice. I will draw my women with softer features and lines that aren't so angular. I still practicing but you guys advice I think I improve even further to where I want to be.

Also I am glad you like my drawing of B2W2!

Hey, everybody! I am back with more artwork! Anyways without further ado.

Kyouhei, Mei, and Hue

Taming The Beast

A New Generation

The story takes sometime in the future where the rise of criminal activity amongst regions (the events of the Pokemon games) have lead to the creation of a new peacekeeping organization called the Gaia Wings composed of the world's best trainers who will be the wings that guide the world in the future. The leader of the organization is Lance of the Kanto Elite Four. Red wasn't inducted into the organization but some into his first mission he was reported to be missing. Our hero, who actually doesn't have a name yet, goes on quest to rescue his idol as the world faces a threat that the world has never seen.

Anyways, I hope you guys like what I have done here! :)