Of Interpertations, Hybrids and Overall Madness.

Thread: Of Interpertations, Hybrids and Overall Madness.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Of Interpertations, Hybrids and Overall Madness.

Well... Figured out I might as well start an art thread of sorts around here... Granted, it will mostly consist of links to my DeviantART gallery, but what the heck. ^_^

I've hunted PokeMon pics throughout my gallery - and here they are. Note that I have older pics in my gallery drawn in a slightly different style. Some of which are to be remade soon. In the meantime I've linked you too all the PokeMon pics in my gallery starting with my new, late 2003-today style. Which are already more than a handful.

And no, I'm not uploading stuff to a local gallery here - just because there's so effing much of it and I don't remember where I put all the pics.

Feel free to browse and comment. I'd appreciate feedback. ^_^

Colibreon A concept drawing of Colibreon, a flying-type Eeveelution (PURE flying type. Non of that half normal crud) designed by me and native to my fanmade region of Miato. Yes, I've had enough gryphon Eons.

Metagross and Beldum Morphs - This is why some PokeMon should never get anthropomorphic forms...

Furret and Prey - Somewhere in the beginning of my newer style of coloring, this is a Furret given a wilder, more, well, ferrety look.

Birds of War - The Blaziken Line, drawn Stel-Style. ^^

Mightyena - Just what the title says. ^^

Hunting Sceptile - I was trying a wilder, more dilophosaurish take on a PokeMon I rather dislike (how the heck does the graceful glider known as Grovyle evolve into a gigantic Treeckosaurus Rex with a Christmas Tree firmly welded to its posterior is way beyond me...), and amazingly, even I liked the result...

Canines of Lightning - I tried drawing the Rakurai/Raibolt line (I can never get used to 'Electrike' and I bloody hate 'Manectric'. Yes, I'm opinionated about dubnames. Can you tell? xD) - I kinda screwed up on the Raibolt, but the Electrike is bloody cute.

Zanbuzz - And here's a Hybrid! A Dark/Electric Zangoose/Electabuzz fusion, actually. Isn't he cuuuuuuute? In an angry sort of way?

Serenity of the Green - The Chikorita line given a new feral look! ^_^

Suicune in Mist - Yes, to me, Suicune is a wolf-type creature. (shrugs)

Sands of Time - The Golden Desert Eevee, a wild strain of Eevee, and a strange offshoot of the original species...

Hitmonchik VS Medicham - Hitmonchik, Iveechan's created female Hitmon (that has been majorly redesigned since), duking it out with a Medicham. MATRIXESQUE ACTION POSE!

When Pigs Fly... - Four pig Pokemon + Wings = Fun! XD

Raichu and Iron Tail DON'T Mix - Raichus shouldn't take jobs as executioners either.

A Houndoom - Exactly as the title says.

Hitmonchan in Green - My take on Hitmonchan. ^_^

Quilava: Magma Storm - I love Quilavas. Very muchly so.

Gold-Winged Dragonair - And Dragonairs rock too. I should have made the lines a bit more curved, I know. X_x

Pikadon - Happy New Year, 2004 - Pikadon, the Japanese word for Nuclear Bomb, and my insane pun-infested mind, made sure that I started the year 2004 with a blast. xD

Sunset Flygon - Flygons are one of the prettiest dragon-types out there. Shame they're a pain in the tail to obtain, though.

Lightning Fox - or Blitsune, as its Japanese name is - Another PokeMon native to my fanmade region of Miato, this creature is the elemental pokemon of the Electric-type.

Breloom in a Forest - Breloom was quite a welcome edition to the arsenal of grass-types. Not only it has a cool type combination and it's actually useful in combat (except for that killer x4 flying weakness. X_X) but it's also FREAKIN' CUTE! ^^

The Legendaries Strike Back - My first comment on Deoxys when I first saw its sprite was "Oh my dog, that's C-3PO gone horribly wrong." And this little scene came to mind... Apologies to George Lucas. I didn't have official anime pics of Deoxys back then, so... (And just for you to know, I've since managed to fall in love with that strange virus-like organism, many thanks to its complicated biological structure that got me thinking like few other PokeMon did, and of course its interesting shapeshifting capabilities...)

Rapidash - Love Rapidashes. Drawing horses is a pain. Head turned out a bit too small. But what the heck ever - it's better than what I could normally do with drawing equines.

Charizard - Burning Spirit - Yes, I like Charizards too.

Grovyle Alt-Evo Reference - Here's what Grovyle would have evolved into if it went on with its evolution into a dragon of grass... at least, in my perfect world. Not shaded.

Flight of Sylpheen - Sylpheen, a Crystal-type (yes, Miato has a new type too. I made the type up bloody ages ago before it became all trendy to make up new types and call them 'Crystal') PokeMon native to my fanmade Miato region.

Gardevoir, the Embrace PokeMon - And now for a moment of comic relief between a Gardie and her trainer...

Bulbasaur in a Forest - Bulbasaur, given a touch of Stel-ness.

Ampharos - Same as previous, only this time my victim was Ampharos. ^^

Endymion and Burakii - Two Umbreon characters - one belonging to me and the other to Burakii aka Shidorah aka Soneko aka Whivit - re-enacting a typical moment in one of our conversations. o_O

Irene and Latios - Initially drawn as a contest entry for Irene of Jurassic Peace, It's her trainer character encountering Latios.

Altaria - Song of the Heavens - Me trying to make Altaria look more like a graceful dragon-bird and less like a hybrid of a budgie and an ostrich stuck in a cloud.

PokeMon does the Badger Song - Experience it for yourselves. o_o

Hitmonchan-Inspired Creature - Not exactly PokeMon, but the influence is clear.

Kaiorga - Dark Rain - The Avatar of the Seas in its home environment...

Groudon - Volcano Soul - And same for the Avatar of the Earth. Don't mind bad placement on background...

Professor Redwood's Lab - Professor Erin Redwood in her Lab at Jade Town, featuring the three Miato starters: Ennulithe (Grass), Sunkyd (Fire) and Jawsea (Water) - and many monitors featuring other Miato PokeMon...

Articuno Blaziken - Coldfire - Another fusion! I really like this one...

A Scyther - Given the touch of Stel. Yay for blades. ^_^

Hirondelle - Hirondelle "Ronnie", her Taillow and its Evolution. Hirondelle means 'Swallow' in french - seems to suit the girl as a name...

Nondigital Coloring and Me - DON'T mix. The Grass/Fire thingies aren't Miato PokeMon. But I like them anyway.

Explouds CAN be Sexy - An Anthropomorphic Exploud like you've never seen before...

Resonance - Silver

Here's a few non-colored sketches of my interpertations of certain PokeMon...

A Different Kingdra - Sketch - Yes, this one isn't colored. It's my take on Kingdra, based on the Weedy Sea Dragon. (shrugs)

Shiftry - An omnivorous, tengu-like creature...

The Lotad Line - I hope the notes are readable...

Various Attempts at Salvaging PokeMon I Dislike - And some randomness. ^^;

Deoxys - Special Form - The Miato variant of Deoxys, with demonically high special stats, virtually no physical attack, and okay speed, defense and HP.

And lastly, the five PokeMon RP Edition: Hoenn Version Related pics (All but the fifth can be used as wallpapers).

RP Poster - A poster-type pic featuring all three main characters.

Gad and Yuurin - An eyecatch-style pic featuring Gad (my character) and his Treecko (and his evo line).

Raab and Torchic - An eyecatch-style pic featuring Raab and his Torchic (and his evo line).

Katie and Tsunami - An eyecatch-style pic featuring Katie and her Mudkip. (and her evo line)

Overlooking the Ocean - Another RP Edition related pic, featuring Katie, her Raichu Raiden and her Charizard Kaji. Intended as a Bday pic for her, was delayed by a few weeks - but I think that it was worth it. And so apparantly does she. ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Some of these are really good. I espeacially liked the Zanbuzz. (By the way, why is it Dark-type?)

I think that if you want other Eevee evolutions, you should try Grass-, Ice- or Dragon-type. All 5 known Eevee evolutions are Special types.
    Last edited by User142; 19th January 2006 at 06:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, Miato also features a Grass-type Eeveelution (Prairieon) and an Ice-type Eeveelution (Auroreon), with a possible Ghost-Eeveelution.

Why the dark half on Zanbuzz? Well, It was inspired by the thought that it would have been really cool if Zangoose was Dark/Normal and Seviper was Dark/Poison, and by the fact that both Zangoose and Electabuzz look permanently pissed off in official art. ^^;

Besides, Dark/Electric pwns Normal/Electric anytime xD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you considered getting a BMG Fanart Gallery? (link on top of page)
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to quote myself from the first post here...

"And no, I'm not uploading stuff to a local gallery here - just because there's so effing much of it and I don't remember where I put all the pics."

Locally, that is - I don't feel like starting to hunt down ALL the PokeMon artwork I made, complete with descriptions and flying cows, and reupload them here. ^^;

Post Thanks / Like

OOooooo.
    THANKYOU for the thing about the Sceptiles... I never let my grovyle evolve, poor wittle Velociraptor into... GAH.
    Also: on your Professor Redwood's Lab piccu, the ice/grass lynx is rockin' awesome! Have you come up with a name yet? Ee.

...Do you have any good pics of your Grass-type starter's evolutions? I love little dino-dragon things, I must see.

...ZANGOOSE ZANGOOSE ZANGOOSE ZANGOOSE ZANGOOSE ZANGOOSE ZANGOOSE ZANGOOSE ZANGOOSE ZANGOOSE ZANGOOSE ZANGOOSE
    SHROOMISH! SHROOMISH!...
    Working on a new avatar... Ee, it'll be neat. But for now you may look upon the greatness that is SANDSHREW. </rant>

Post Thanks / Like

Well...

Ancient Rivals II - Here's something for all you Zangoose/Seviper fans out there. Another one of those battle shots. ^_^