Instrutilus' Second AAAAAAARGHt Thread - Instrutilus is in need of an inker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instrutilus' Second AAAAAAARGHt Thread - Instrutilus is in need of an inker.

Blog Entries

Default Instrutilus' Second AAAAAAARGHt Thread - Instrutilus is in need of an inker.

A long time ago, in a thread far far away....

ART WARES
    Episode II - Attempt of the Clueless

I'm betting the Admins are frothing right now. To make a long story short, I used to have an art thread that has long since been closed, of which I had no intent to have reopened (Mostly because it quickly went to doing every other person's thumbnails and banners and college had me stressed enough with deadlines at that point I kinda panicked).

However, my good friend and the 92nd NationalDex listed Pokémon's mama, Gastly's Mama, decided I should make a second one and post my pictures here, including to two currently at in the Bulbagallery and the potential Pokémanga, should I make it. So for the record, I blame him.

I suppose I should also link to my old one now, Instrutilus has a shot at this spriting thing...and now this art thing too...BANNERS?

And now the new selection (spoilered because I've no clue how large these are to regular monitors...):

And now to leave this thread to die or be closed by annoyed Admins...
    Last edited by Instrutilus; 7th April 2012 at 08:12 PM.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Instrutilus' Second AAAAAAARGHt Thread

All of these pictures are great, Insy and I can tell they've gotten better with time!

It might be easier for people to look at it if you split them into sections though and spoilered them separately.

Anyway, great job, I hope you do make your fanga.

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

Really great work here Instrutilus. I like the Sonic stuff.

Also, why are you so paranoid about Admins? :P

Blog Entries

19th February:
    Thank you both ^^

@Blazaking EX: Well, let's just say that before my Instrutilus days, me and admins rarely got along ^^; (I still say they were targeting me ¬_¬)

@Gastly's Mama: You're telling me =P Even I've noticed some improvement: let's take exhibit A, a picture from two yers ago of A.D, then take Exhibit B, the picture of young and older A.D above, and we can see such improvement =P

7th March:
    Well, since no further comments have been made, I suppose I'll dump the from memory Sonic doodle here:

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Your Sonic fanart is really clean, which is definitely a good thing. Besides that, they're neatly drawn, and it's drawn quite well! Your human one looks like it has some room for improvement, though.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

I really like your style! It's got a naturally loose and creative feel to it, keep up the good work! =) Loving all the Sonic fanart, too. haha
    Current White Team:

Blog Entries

Posted 19th March:
    Thanks to you both. I'll be sure to improve my Human drawings.

but for now, attempting more actiony styled comic pages...

Posted 24th March:

So I'll be getting an art tablet soon. Since this is the case, I figured I'd lend my grandad's tablet to try and get some practice in...

...I'm gonna need so much practice and read so many tutorials for this...
    Last edited by Instrutilus; 28th March 2012 at 08:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Ooh, nice to see Sonic-styled art! I really think you drew him spot on; almost makes me want to draw comics, too :3 I can't help but notice that the body of the bunny (bottom panel) in this one you posted seems to be too high up though. I'd definitely suggest next time to space out the head and body more since he seems to lack an upper body right now. Though back poses like that are definitely difficult so I totally understand how tough it is sometimes to get them to look right >:
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

Great stuff again, @Instrutilus . Though, could you spoiler those images? They're kind of big. ^^;

Blog Entries

Mmk, so I did another thing on the tablet, inking part of the comic from before...

I'm actually quite happy with it, but I do have a problem: it takes FAR too long just for something that big. Sope, I'm gonna go ahead and ask for anyone willing to help me by inking the comics I plan to do once I get an inker/I am able to ink properly, just until I can ink decently enough to take over.

Sope, anyone wanna waste time on me?

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

As I said when you showed me this on MSN, it's absolutely amazing. Sadly, I don't really have time to lend a hand, but do keep me updated with your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Instrutilus View Post
    Posted 19th March:
    Thanks to you both. I'll be sure to improve my Human drawings.

but for now, attempting more actiony styled comic pages...
    I love this one. o_o It really looks like he's moving at sonic speed. My eye is drawn to the back of his animation instead of the front though, because you used darker lines to draw those images. Mighta been intentional.

Really awesome. Please do moar. :P

Your tablet sonic is nice too. What program did you do it in? If it has a zoom function, it is a lot easier to color things. You'll also get faster the more you use it. Drawing one place and looking at another is awkward at first. :s

urpg

Blog Entries

Default Re: Instrutilus' Second AAAAAAARGHt Thread - Instrutilus is in need of an inker.

I used GIMP, but it takes far too long inking wise, hence my inquiring as to anybody who wouldn't mind inking for me as I attempt to wrap my skills around it (if you can't tell by the lack of pictures, it's evidentially not going as well as I would like). Evidentially, no one's interested in assisting me, but eh, I'm sure someone will eventually give working with me a shot...

No pics this time, just answering the question posed.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Instrutilus' Second AAAAAAARGHt Thread - Instrutilus is in need of an inker.

And thus Instrutilus decided "Screw it, I'll just draw it normally and digitally add the speech". And thus he did:

And it was bad.

Wow, these are awesome!!! I really think they're great!!! I wish I could draw like that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast