Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Insomniac
  • 1 Post By Insomniac
  • 1 Post By Insomniac

Thread: Insomniac's art~★

Won't be here too often! Insomniac's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Insomniac's art~★

Besides Pokemon, I really love to draw. After many years of drawing, it turned into a natural talent. 98% of what I draw is Pokemon. XP The spoilers below contain some of my favourites. I'll warn you that it is rather image heavy~

This is one of my first drawings when I first got my tablet. (Probably my only one since I can do digital art without a tablet. :P) Latias and Latios are some of my all-time favourites~ What I would like to improve on this one is the background - it is sort of unfitting for this picture.

These next two spoilers were drawn on something called Colors!. Colors! from what I believe can be downloaded on some Apple products, the PSP and the Nintendo 3DS. I personally have the Nintendo 3DS version if you’re curious. The first one contains a generic picture of a Latias holding a cookie, whereas the other spoiler contains a fan character of mine (Or should I say Pokesona. Argh, I have a tough time with these terms.), Nova the Mienshao. She is the main character in a series of stories I made. There is another picture with her and the other main character, but it is a Pokemon that... many people dislike.

Here we see Nova in her youth. She was rather rowdy and insensitive as a Mienfoo, however.

This is another fan character of mine, Sonya the Floatzel. She is in the same stories as Nova, but she isn't the main character. She serves the role of a supporting character.

Sonya is famed for her physical strength and is quite the battler.

And then we see Nova again. She is in her Valentine’s Day attire, though. I drew this because I felt like I wanted to whip something up for a holiday, so I drew this.
    This is also drawn so I can try and improve my shading. And I got to say, I love the shading in this drawing.

(This spoiler above contains Sawk X Mienshao art. Don't like the idea of Sawk X Mienshao? Then don't look~ It's my opinion.)

That note above spoiled it. XP Yup, Nova is paired up with a main character... who is a Sawk. It's my opinion though~ I like the idea of Sawk X Mienshao anyway. XP

Back on topic, that Sawk is yet another fan character of mine named Jay. He is a main character like Nova, but I suppose he is... the main character of my stories. Some parts of this picture were scrapped too. I originally planned for real animals to be in these stories and once made Jay as some magician, but I wanted this story to set in some Pokemon-only world, and the magician thing was kind of unnecessary. (I like magicians, though. XP) Jay and Nova are married, by the way~

What do you think? C:
    Last edited by Insomniac; 28th April 2013 at 01:18 AM.
    Dream-boy likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Insomniac's art~★

How is it so clear and pro looking? Did you scan it?
    But they all look amazing. :D

Blog Entries

I believe she used a tablet. What kind of tablet do you have, Insomniac? I'm curious because I also use a tablet. ^-^

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    I believe she used a tablet. What kind of tablet do you have, Insomniac? I'm curious because I also use a tablet. ^-^
    I use a Wacom Intuos4 tablet. I haven't used it in months and I wished it was smaller, however. XP

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-boy View Post
    How is it so clear and pro looking? Did you scan it?
    But they all look amazing. :D
    The last two pictures are scanned. :P The rest is either used with a graphic editing program (I use Gimp.) or Colors! 3D. ;)
    Last edited by Insomniac; 28th April 2013 at 04:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Ah, I have a Wacom Intuos 2. You really wish it was smaller? I don't get that. I had a Wacom Bamboo (3 x 3) and I didn't like it. Bigger is better for me. I feel like you can be more accurate that way.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

Oooh, I forgot to show this one too. This one features pony related stuff. Don't like ponies? Then don't look. :P I'll admit, I'd rather be called a MLP fan instead of a brony, 'cause I usually try too keep away from that silly fanbase. XP

Here is Jay cosplaying as the wonderful Octavia! (With some comparison.)

Do you like it? :3
    Blazaking likes this.
    My deviantART page

Blog Entries

So I revamped Nova the Mienshao's design a few days ago. She is no recolour anymore and has got some new clothing. Well, her eye is the only colour swap I've done, but I suppose that is acceptable than an excessive recolour.

Do you like her new design? If not, I'd love your opinion. :3

I'd also love some critique on my art, preferably my traditional art. I'd love to know about your opinion on my shading because I am a beginner at shading.

Thanks for looking!
    My deviantART page

Blog Entries

I just want to put this down:

I made it with Paint Tool SAI, which I have downloaded yesterday. I wanted to improve on lineart badly. GIMP had a bad lineart tool whereas Photoshop Elements didn't had one. I'm also trying my best to improve on my shading too. Can anybody give me little tips for Paint Tool SAI? Perhaps lineart tips? :D

Also, what do you think about the Espeon picture overall? He is based on my Espeon in HeartGold! :P
    My deviantART page

Blog Entries

I'm placing these two drawings for now. Both are made via Colors! 3D.

I'll be placing another picture soon once I finish it.
    My deviantART page

Blog Entries

I finished a drawing via Paint Tool SAI. It features my Purrloin FC, Sunny. Enjoy.

Blazaking likes this.
    My deviantART page

hmmm, could you make a magikarp one?
    WHITE 2: 2624-0822-5515
    I' lov'in this sig ^.^

Insomniac wooww Thumbs up for you.You are good with pc software and as well as art work on paper. Can you draw a human picture? I hope you can do.Please tell me
    Letragrafic Solutions
    Last edited by Adamson; 22nd October 2013 at 04:48 AM.
    Diplomacy is the art of knowing what not to say.