GIMP bucket fill transparency?

Thread: GIMP bucket fill transparency?

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

Default GIMP bucket fill transparency?

What would be awesome is if I could bucket fill transparency. I'd really like to know how. I've looked all over the internet and I can't find anything for transparency at all.

Rollin into fandoms woops Quacks the Automaton's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Quacks the Automaton on Tumblr

Default Re: GIMP bucket fill transparency?

Okay, there's not a way to use the bucket fill tool to make transparency. But there is a way to do somethin' similar.
    1. Use the magic wanted wand tool and select the area ya want transparent. Now, just clicking the area might not be enough, so drag the mouse until you get the desired area selected.
    2. Go up to colors section in the bar at the top and go down to "Replace with Alpha". Click that.
    3. A new window will pop up for it. Choose the color you want transparent, and hit okay or whatever it says, and there, the color ya want transparent will be transparent.
    Hope this helps.

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

Default Re: GIMP bucket fill transparency?

Quote Originally Posted by Godo-kun View Post
    Okay, there's not a way to use the bucket fill tool to make transparency. But there is a way to do somethin' similar.
    1. Use the magic wanted wand tool and select the area ya want transparent. Now, just clicking the area might not be enough, so drag the mouse until you get the desired area selected.
    2. Go up to colors section in the bar at the top and go down to "Replace with Alpha". Click that.
    3. A new window will pop up for it. Choose the color you want transparent, and hit okay or whatever it says, and there, the color ya want transparent will be transparent.
    Hope this helps.
    Thank you!!!