Froslass and Milotic art

Thread: Froslass and Milotic art

Default Froslass and Milotic art

Here are my take on Pokémon in their natural environment.

First Froslass:
    froslass_by_lieutenant_surge-d5ls55s.png

Froslass' behavior is somewhat reminiscent to that of the Yuki-onna in Japanese mythology, since it will wander around snowstorms or blizzards to find unsuspecting humans and prey and will attack by freezing them into solid ice. They are said to secretly put the frozen corpses of their victims on display. Froslass are also very caring and will protect those who she loves and trusts, especially their young.

Second Milotic:
    _350_milotic_by_lieutenant_surge-d7osntn.png

Milotic is said to be the most beautiful of all Pokémon. When there are fights going on, it has the power to calm angry feelings and end arguments by releasing a wave of energy.

Any feedback to improve would be nice, and I know the Froslass is a little off with regards to the umbrella but it was my first time jumping back into Photoshop for a long long time.

source: lieutenant-surge - DeviantArt (my page)
    Owner of the Kanto Collection http://www.kantocollection.weebly.com

Blog Entries

Follow Chibster on Tumblr

Default Re: Froslass and Milotic art

These are really cool!! The only little problem in the first picture is the umbrella, but you already knew that. What did you do to make those water reflections on Milotic?
    Claims: Inuyasha, Smiles and Tears, Crow Hogan, Edward Elric, Vash the Stampede, Peaceful Days, Makoto Tachibana, Drizzle, Kyogre, Lucca, Boney
    3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851

I use Photoshop not sure if other editing software has a similar thing.

Going from memory I believe I added a new layer. Filter > Render > Clouds. Can't remember if I spammed it two or 3 times, not on pc so can't double check.

Then Ctrl + L to edit the levels. You basically want a black background with white lines (just invert it afterwards if it is wrong way around) play until you get the effect you want.

Set it to screen (I think) lower the opacity if needed, and use a clipping mask to hide the excess you don't want/need.

hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    Add CakeFairyForever on Facebook
    Visit CakeFairyForever's Youtube Channel

Wow these are great! Really like the foliage looking stuff at the bottom of the Milotic pic. Very nice detail.

Am I too late? Dolce's Avatar Social Media EditorForum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

Beautiful work! :) If anything the structure of Froslass could be improved upon, Froslass's body should be smaller than the head for example. But I adore the concept!
    Nina: 4554-1270-5039

Blog Entries

Follow Chibster on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by PokeNerd89 View Post
    I use Photoshop not sure if other editing software has a similar thing.

Going from memory I believe I added a new layer. Filter > Render > Clouds. Can't remember if I spammed it two or 3 times, not on pc so can't double check.

Then Ctrl + L to edit the levels. You basically want a black background with white lines (just invert it afterwards if it is wrong way around) play until you get the effect you want.

Set it to screen (I think) lower the opacity if needed, and use a clipping mask to hide the excess you don't want/need.

hope this helps.
    Ahh I see! I'm going to teach myself sooner or later to draw with a tablet and I will definitely keep your advice in mind! Thanks! :)
    Claims: Inuyasha, Smiles and Tears, Crow Hogan, Edward Elric, Vash the Stampede, Peaceful Days, Makoto Tachibana, Drizzle, Kyogre, Lucca, Boney
    3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851