Dragon sprite contest - Page 3

View Poll Results: Who will win the golden dragon? You decide.

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • BB's Dark dragonair

    1 16.67%
  • JB's Scratch rayquaza

    1 16.67%
  • S85's Ultimate Dragon Pokemon

    1 16.67%
  • RG's Rayquaza-Gyrados

    0 0%
  • Kayumi's Auronia

    1 16.67%
  • PR's Revamped dragonite

    0 0%
  • Dhjona's ice dragon

    1 16.67%
  • GR's dark dragon

    1 16.67%
  • IGO's Pikachu-Dratini

    0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67

Thread: Dragon sprite contest

  1. #31
    Will never change name. BuizelBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Holding up stores with Lucozade bottles.
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
    Scratching would be using a pre-made bace, and scratching onto it, or scratching to edit. Otherwise, if it were an actual Pokemon and you made the scratch, it would be a Repose.
    ...no it's not. Scratching is making something from scratch. T_T Not editing.

    And what you described as a repose, that's a scratch.

    A repose is when you edit, say, Rapidash's sprite to the point that it looks like a Girafarig.

    If you're gonna march in like you own the place, at least get your facts right.
    Moved to Serebii, still spriting there. ~BB

  2. #32
    Why are you reading this? Tokyokit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Snowpoint City.
    Posts
    35
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Quote Originally Posted by BuizelBoy View Post
    ...no it's not. Scratching is making something from scratch. T_T Not editing.

    And what you described as a repose, that's a scratch.

    A repose is when you edit, say, Rapidash's sprite to the point that it looks like a Girafarig.

    If you're gonna march in like you own the place, at least get your facts right.
    Well if YOU are going to post, at least read posts before yours.
    n00bs are starthing to annoy me. I'm out. I thought this site was suposed to be fun.

  3. #33
    Will never change name. BuizelBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Holding up stores with Lucozade bottles.
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
    Well if YOU are going to post, at least read posts before yours.
    n00bs are starthing to annoy me. I'm out. I thought this site was suposed to be fun.
    I had read the posts before, and nobody had commented on how you were wrong, so I thought I'd point it out.

    People like you are starting to annoy me... this aint a funeral, this is a Pokemon forum. And calling people n00bs because they disagree with you? Fucking pull yourself together, leave if you like, your 10 or so posts really haven't enhanced anyone's experience on these forums. Pull your head out of your ass, nobody wants you here if you're just gonna be a prick.
    Moved to Serebii, still spriting there. ~BB

  4. #34
    I don't have a clue. Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Any dragon pokemon?

  5. #35
    I do all my own sprites Red G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    395
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
    Well if YOU are going to post, at least read posts before yours.
    n00bs are starthing to annoy me. I'm out. I thought this site was suposed to be fun.
    Way to fail. Calling people noobs because you are wrong and they are right makes you a noob. BB knows what he is talking about, as he is one of the best scratch spriters here.
    My Black Team

  6. #36
    Perfect Nonsense Outcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,913
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    I agree, but I think he gets it now, I think we should get back on topic.

  7. #37
    Vodka TheVodka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    61
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    "Erm...well...and..."
    See, that is what you sound like. If you're wanting to prove your freakin' point, at least try to sound more sure of yourself

    Simplify to my level? OHHHH, soo what are you, eh? The master of it all, huh? Yeah, buddy, you can keep thinking you know it all. But guess what? You pretty much sound like a blatant "I don't know what I'm talking about but I'll just act the part anyways,"-type of ignorant assh*le. Oh, and I don't care if you're about 15 years older than me, by the way--I am saying all this while being aware that you are. :| What am I implying, you ask? Well...in the case that, maybe, you haven't realized (just saying in case, not implying that I think you haven't.), there are some pretty foolish adults out there. Listen, I'm not one to judge quite so harshly, seeing as I don't know you, but so far, you are coming off as an utter fool.

    Oh, and just for the record, the term, "scratch," (not in the case as if you're saying that you made something from scratch; but the case in which fan communities will call custom sprites, "scratches," which is pretty much unprofessional, incorrect usage of the term, and is taking it out of its actual context / straying away from its meaning.) is incorrect and unprofessional. Like the paragraph in parenthesis says, saying that you made something "from scratch," would be using the term correctly...but calling them, "scratches," is just plain awkward, hun. And I'm not just directing that towards you--I am ALSO doing so towards the general publicity.

    Despite the fact that you sound like an arrogant, boasting ass, I will not hesitate to admit that, in the way you put it, you have a point when you say that, "redrawing stuff is blatant plagiarism."
    Whilst it's not exactly plagiarism if you did it all on your own, basically (mostly especially if its in an entirely different perspective or pose than any original illustrations have that may have been made previously), it is quite unoriginal (once again, referring to if you draw an illustration, for instance, exactly how you see it--exactly how the original artist has rendered it, or if you at least attempt to), and should be frowned down upon when more advanced artists do this (a great example of such would be direct traces.).

    You know, hun, I can keep this up. Go ahead, keep talking. :| *cracks knuckles, and kicks back to relax*


    lulz
    It's strange how preferring the female gender now makes a man gay.
    Mew is jesus. -col_serra serebii

  8. #38
    Registered User Speed-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Quote Originally Posted by col View Post


    lulz
    Firstly, I'm female.
    Secondly, yes, I was pissed off. Oh well. =|
    The pic's kinda funny, though. Damn. Where does everyone get all 'dem captioned pics like that from, anyways....

  9. #39
    #1 Manaphy FanGirl Kayumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Atlantica swimming around with Manaphy
    Posts
    2,214
    Blog Entries
    42

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceblack4eva View Post
    Sure anyone can


    Then these are mine. Auronia is a messanger to Arceus, the god of the Pokemon world. Auronia has many God like powers and is, guess what, DA DRAGON TYPE XD

    If I understood you wrong and I only can enter one, I'd like to enter Auronia please.

    EDIT: You might want to zoom in to see the awesome detail on them
    EDIT2: I'm too cool for transparency naw I was just lazy :P
    Last edited by Kayumi; 22nd September 2010 at 07:09 PM.

    Stay. Away. From. My. Cookie.

  10. #40
    Why are you reading this? Tokyokit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Snowpoint City.
    Posts
    35
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Time to multiquote...yay...not...

    Quote Originally Posted by BuizelBoy View Post
    I had read the posts before, and nobody had commented on how you were wrong, so I thought I'd point it out.

    People like you are starting to annoy me... this ain't a funeral, this is a Pokemon forum. And calling people n00bs because they disagree with you? Fucking pull yourself together, leave if you like, your 10 or so posts really haven't enhanced any one's experience on these forums. Pull your head out of your ass, nobody wants you here if you're just gonna be a prick.
    Well I apparently just came here to back Speed up, and now you are yelling at me for doing so. Speed is my friend, and no offence, but I swear by all means, that she can outscatch half of you people on here. I'm not calling people n00bs because they disagree with me, I am calling some other people noobs on a different site. But I think half of them came here, so I'm out, dude. And seriously, if you want to curse, go do it to your butox. No one likes to hear people yell at poor, innocent kids.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red G View Post
    Way to fail. Calling people noobs because you are wrong and they are right makes you a noob. BB knows what he is talking about, as he is one of the best scratch spriters here.
    Prove Bb is better then Speed, eh? Read my last comment. I didn't call them noobs, apparently. I just said that because I know noobs, I know what it means, and one of them came here. They aren't on the other site anymore, so I can actually go there without being yelled at by a bunch of one-year-olds. Gosh, get a life, dude. And learn how to insult better, even my mom can do better, and she doesn't insult anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken The Pen View Post
    I agree, but I think he gets it now, I think we should get back on topic.
    I'M A FLIPPIN GIRL! If you haven't noticed, it should be on the side. Just go live in a hole, because you just failed on reading.

    Go ahead, hit me with any picture you want. I think the 'he mad' one would fit pretty good here. And if you wouldn't mind, I need to take a restroom break. See how I didn't say potty like half of the n00bs on the other site do? Yeah, i'm not a noob. Oh, and I corrected all of Bb's spelling fails.

  11. #41
    The Last Red Mage Keldora Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Awesometown
    Posts
    841
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Enough guys, this is getting way out of hand. If you don't stop the insults or get back on topic this thread will get locked.

  12. #42
    Registered User pokeranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Revamped Dragonite:

    Last edited by pokeranger; 24th September 2010 at 04:18 AM.

    Spriteshop | URPG Stats

    SoulSilver FC: 0045-9985-8956

  13. #43
    The Last Red Mage Keldora Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Awesometown
    Posts
    841
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    I won't show up for some reason, but it would be cool to see your entry.

  14. #44
    Registered User pokeranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Keldora Dragon View Post
    I won't show up for some reason, but it would be cool to see your entry.
    Let me try a different upload service.



    See it now?

    Spriteshop | URPG Stats

    SoulSilver FC: 0045-9985-8956

  15. #45
    The Last Red Mage Keldora Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Awesometown
    Posts
    841
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

    Now it does. It's a pretty cute sprite, which sprite was it revamped on?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •