Dragon sprite contest - Page 2

View Poll Results: Who will win the golden dragon? You decide.

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • BB's Dark dragonair

1 16.67%
  • JB's Scratch rayquaza

1 16.67%
  • S85's Ultimate Dragon Pokemon

1 16.67%
  • RG's Rayquaza-Gyrados

0 0%
  • Kayumi's Auronia

1 16.67%
  • PR's Revamped dragonite

0 0%
  • Dhjona's ice dragon

1 16.67%
  • GR's dark dragon

1 16.67%
  • IGO's Pikachu-Dratini

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon sprite contest

Default Re: Dragon sprite contest

Quote Originally Posted by Ken The Pen View Post
    Ummm... scratch is the form of sprite where you make it yourself, it could be using the design of something else or not, as long as you did it all, then it is scratch, if I am not wrong...
    Couldn't agree more and besides what is "scratching" to you siburke939? If there is no way to simplify to our level explain it on your level

If I had to choose between
    a Politoed and you,
    I'd choose Politoed

Blog Entries

Can I enter two?

Stay. Away. From. My. Cookie.

Blog Entries

Visit The Miniryu's Youtube Channel

Sure anyone can
    The wind howls...The rain pours...A figure appears in the darkness...The Minryu approaches..............

Blog Entries

@siburke939: Now you're implying that we're stupid because you don't understand the Pokémon fandom's spriting terminology.
    ("There's no way to simplify it to your level") Scratch sprites are exactly what you're saying my sprite is. Drawing an official Pokémon in a different pose and calling it scratch_rayquaza is correct at least.

Let's see an example of what you consider scratch, please.
    Diamond FC: 2622 5132 9433. Black FC: 1291 7690 6023 Black2 FC: 4427 9562 8130

^Click please? <3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by siburke939 View Post
    "from scratch" means... well... there's no way to simplify it to your level... but redrawing stuff that has already been created is blatant plagiarism

using words such as "customly" would make me look far more foolish - good job i didn't
    Scratch spriting is when one draws a pokemon from "scratch", as in, drawing a rayquaza freehand like Junglebook did. Do a little research on the subject before calling someone's work copied.

Edit- I don't stand a chance, but I'll enter my avvy I made a while back ago.
    My Black Team

Blog Entries

4 so far!
    The wind howls...The rain pours...A figure appears in the darkness...The Minryu approaches..............

"from scratch" means... well... there's no way to simplify it to your level... but redrawing stuff that has already been created is blatant plagiarism

using words such as "customly" would make me look far more foolish - good job i didn't
    "Erm...well...and..."
    See, that is what you sound like. If you're wanting to prove your freakin' point, at least try to sound more sure of yourself

Simplify to my level? OHHHH, soo what are you, eh? The master of it all, huh? Yeah, buddy, you can keep thinking you know it all. But guess what? You pretty much sound like a blatant "I don't know what I'm talking about but I'll just act the part anyways,"-type of ignorant assh*le. Oh, and I don't care if you're about 15 years older than me, by the way--I am saying all this while being aware that you are. :| What am I implying, you ask? Well...in the case that, maybe, you haven't realized (just saying in case, not implying that I think you haven't.), there are some pretty foolish adults out there. Listen, I'm not one to judge quite so harshly, seeing as I don't know you, but so far, you are coming off as an utter fool.

Oh, and just for the record, the term, "scratch," (not in the case as if you're saying that you made something from scratch; but the case in which fan communities will call custom sprites, "scratches," which is pretty much unprofessional, incorrect usage of the term, and is taking it out of its actual context / straying away from its meaning.) is incorrect and unprofessional. Like the paragraph in parenthesis says, saying that you made something "from scratch," would be using the term correctly...but calling them, "scratches," is just plain awkward, hun. And I'm not just directing that towards you--I am ALSO doing so towards the general publicity.

Despite the fact that you sound like an arrogant, boasting ass, I will not hesitate to admit that, in the way you put it, you have a point when you say that, "redrawing stuff is blatant plagiarism."
    Whilst it's not exactly plagiarism if you did it all on your own, basically (mostly especially if its in an entirely different perspective or pose than any original illustrations have that may have been made previously), it is quite unoriginal (once again, referring to if you draw an illustration, for instance, exactly how you see it--exactly how the original artist has rendered it, or if you at least attempt to), and should be frowned down upon when more advanced artists do this (a great example of such would be direct traces.).

You know, hun, I can keep this up. Go ahead, keep talking. :| *cracks knuckles, and kicks back to relax*

Why are you reading this? Tokyokit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I didn't even bother to read Speed's last post, but sereously, dude;
    Scratching would be using a pre-made bace, and scratching onto it, or scratching to edit. Otherwise, if it were an actual Pokemon and you made the scratch, it would be a Repose. If it were not a real Pokemon, it would be a Fakemon. I think you should listen to Speed. I look up to her, I think she is one of the best spriters here, or on Pe2k. I'm not going to say anything else unless I need to. Goodnight. *Puts everyone in bed, and runs and ends up playing X-box*

Blog Entries

siburke939, let me try to simplify this to your level, "Scratch" (in this context) means a free-hand drawing of a Pokemon, real or fictitious, by the individual who posted it.

Every sprite that has been submitted on this thread subscribes to this definition.

that's hardly from scratch as the design was created by someone else - drawing rayquaza in a different pose & calling it "scratch_rayquaza" is an oxymoron at best
    Aww. It's so nice to see the mentally handicapped trying to function in normal society. Unfortunately, bud, I think you're a bit better suited for the "special" forum just down the road. I see you're unaccompanied by a guardian, but if you like, I can show you where to go. I feel like it's my civic duty to make sure you get there safely. Nobody likes to see challenged folk like yourself running loose in the streets. It's a bit bad for public image, you see. Don't worry, though; we'll get you a special helmet and everything. You'll see; everything will be just fine. :D

Yeah, so I'll be entering this if I can find some time to think up a concept for a fakemon/scratch an existing Pokemon. Because, you know... that would qualify as a scratch sprite. :/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Woodchuck View Post
    Aww. It's so nice to see the mentally handicapped trying to function in normal society. Unfortunately, bud, I think you're a bit better suited for the "special" forum just down the road. I see you're unaccompanied by a guardian, but if you like, I can show you where to go. I feel like it's my civic duty to make sure you get there safely. Nobody likes to see challenged folk like yourself running loose in the streets. It's a bit bad for public image, you see. Don't worry, though; we'll get you a special helmet and everything. You'll see; everything will be just fine. :D

Yeah, so I'll be entering this if I can find some time to think up a concept for a fakemon/scratch an existing Pokemon. Because, you know... that would qualify as a scratch sprite. :/
    I think you just owned the kid, Woodchuck. I'm not sure if he will go crying to his mommy, he probably won't, but he will still get this All Natural Honey vomit bar. No poison or bombs or anything *Shifty eyes*

To get back on topic ish, I might splice a few Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
    I think you just owned the kid, Woodchuck. I'm not sure if he will go crying to his mommy, he probably won't, but he will still get this All Natural Honey vomit bar. No poison or bombs or anything *Shifty eyes*
    Well, he's probably one of two people:

1)The guy who is either so self-absorbed or so completely dense that he is absolutely steadfast in his convictions. He will continue to insist that he is correct, and use shaky, incredibly fallible arguments to support his case. This person will respond to all of our comments with what he considers witty remarks, but which, to the rest of us, merely reaffirm his stupidity. That, or he will ignore them completely and simply continue to assert his moronic opinions.

2)The guy who, upon seeing all the resistance he has encountered since last posting, will either grudgingly admit that we're right, or cease posting in this thread entirely.

If, in fact, he is one of these two, he will now probably be forced to construct a third, but all-around less effective, persona to combat my theories.

Anyway, as I'm terrible at using fusion to create new concepts, I'll probably be designing my own 'mon to enter.

Woodchuck. You just won that argument over, pal. xD; *applauds non-sarcastically*

Sorry, okay. This is the last off-subject post I'll be making here in this thread for tonight--but, hopefully, just for a little while in general. :P

Blog Entries

EVERYONE STOP DISCUSSING SCRATCHES!!!

Blog Entries

...no offence, but did you even read Speed's post? This thing is over, and I have changed my mind on entering. I mean, why should I join something with tons of trolld lurking in it? I'm sorry, but I am not going to show my sprite skills here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast