Thread: Riviera's Recorded History

Never gonna tour again King of the Loony Bin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default re: Riviera's Recorded History

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post

Nelde Ruins

Wiese Forest

Excessive Spare Time
    "You, Miss? Help me?" Furtively the man brings his fingers thoughtfully to his bearded chin, and almost instantly you feel despair creep into your mind. Your experiences with other humans, as your memory proves, have never been particularly happy; would your offer of involvement result in similar tragedy?

"I have to admit, I can't say I'm too fond of the idea. Not that I don't like you, y'know; it's just... well, I mean no offence, Miss, but I don't see us as a particularly strong team. Even Cormag and I have had rough scrapes every now and then; nearly lost a finger or limb to rampaging vines and bushes," explains Duessel. "What I mean is, Miss, I'm worried I can't guarantee your safety. Much as your Pokémon should have an advantage -- that is, assuming elemental affinities haven't changed in the forty-five years I've been gone -- the environment isn't what anyone would call easy meat." Casting a look at your sleeping comrades you briefly recall the last few moments of the fight you had when you entered the forest, nodding softly at Duessel's remark.

"I appreciate your kind feedback, Miss, really. Maybe it's the lack of human interaction; if not for Cormag's company I might've forgotten how to talk." Mulling it over as he finishes off the remainder of his stew, Duessel eventually stands up. "Well, in any case, you shouldn't be up any longer. You'll only exhaust yourself if you don't allow enough time for a recovery; you could collapse just as easily if your body hasn't strengthened itself back after weakening by poison. You can rest on the moss, it's soft like cotton -- besides, going by what you told me, you slept like a log buried in ruins, so this should be alright, no? Ha ha, just my little joke, Miss. Goodnight."

As Duessel retreats to his own corner for the night, you ease yourself aside feeling renewed lethargy slink in. In all honesty, you find that uncertainty is the dominant mood you're experiencing; a thought that lingers as eventually, you fall asleep on your side.

"Ah, you're finally awake." Greeted by the gentle, sweet smell of poached fruit, you rise from your curled position on the floor as Duessel notes this. Around the fire, the three Pokémon happily greet you respectively before continuing their meals of exotic-looking pods and berries, laid out on broad leaves. "Cormag and I usually head out early for gathering breakfast to avoid most of the Pokémon -- they don't usually come out in the wee hours of the morning until just before dawn, although it can be quite murderous to see then.

"Once we're done here, though, we'll see if we can't make any headway. You did offer, you know," he says with a wink, handing you another bowl of sweetly steaming stew with some more tattered paper on the side. Casually you take a glance at the doorway, and much to your astonishment the morning forest is in a rich spectrum of deep reds and browns.

"Yep, surprised me too when I started camping -- well, living -- out here. The colour seems to change every few days, and I'm not entirely sure why. The only thing I can glean is that it might have something to do with that paper I passed you -- I scrawled instructions left behind some sign I passed by, years ago wandering in the forest, but I gave up when... was it months? Years? Hmmmm."

Picking up the paper along with a spoon of pink and red pulp, you look over the new instructions which seem no less bizarre than the others Duessel handed you the day before:

Blastoise: White Snow
    Ho-oh: Bright Sun
    Flygon: Blooming Flowers
    Purugly: Vivid Leaves
    The forest shall shift as the seasons change.
    Time passes in cycles.
    Direction is overseen by the Four Symbols.

It's certainly quite worthy of stumping Duessel for so long, but do you think you've a chance at solving this conundrum?
    Direction is overseen by the Four Symbols... Time passes in cycles... The girl considered what this meant. The weather patterns on the paper were clearly those associated with the seasons. The forest shall shift as the seasons change. She looked at the Pokémon names listed here. Blastoise for White Snow, this means winter, Ho-oh for bright sun, summer, Flygon for flowers, spring, Purugly, vivid leaves... She looked up once more towards the autumn leaves. Direction is overseen by the Four Symbols... The girl realized that these pokémon were involved in some way. Perhaps the pokémon would lead them out? But then, she considered the line 'The forest shall shift as seasons change.' Then she realized something. "Mr. Duessel, I think I have an answer. It says that the forest changes shape as it changes season. Currently it is autumn, and the leaves are vivid. It says right here: 'Purugly: vivid leaves.' This seems to suggest that the forest is currently taking the shape of a Purugly. What do you think?" she replied.
    Fizzy Bubbles

The girl in the blue dress keeps talking through my set
    And the louder I go, the louder she gets
    And I stare at my frets, try to put one or two together
    To help me, help me, help me to connect
    But no matter who I am, or where I'm going, or what I've seen
    I guess I'll never impress the girl in the blue dress.

Blog Entries

Tetyth City

Tetyth Lake

Cod of War
    Spurred by a series of mental images that left a tidal wave's worth of questions in your mind, you decide on the location for your next adventure, accompanied by your trusted Lunatone and Swampert as you blaze a trail (or might that be a misnomer, considering the damp conditions?) through the waters of Tetyth Lake. A majestic waterbody in itself, reflecting the bright clear sky above you, Tetyth Lake almost seems like any other great lake if not for the living legend at its very epicentre. Prompted by Meteos, the three of your forge forward through the lake; you and Lunatone both certain that the answer -- if one indeed does exist, hopefully -- lies in the fabled ruins half sunken in Tetyth's depths, as the third member of your group forges valiantly on leaving frothing ripples in his wake.

Ten minutes into the journey, however, you notice Wraith starting to struggle somewhat visibly, and looking up you spot Meteos orbiting about with apparent confusion set in his deep red gaze. 'There's something not quite right, Jamie,' informs the psychic rock, frowning as he hovers next to your head, 'Wraith's been going around and around in circles, and he doesn't seem to be struggling eith -- look out!'

Alerted by Meteos' sudden warning, Wraith barely avoids a large, snaking tendril that comes slashing out of the water, and feeling the water abruptly churn you realise what your Lunatone has been observing: without any of you noticing the water you've been caught in a sudden current, spiralling in a movement you recognise to be the Whirlpool attack in action. Now certain that the tables have taken a turn for the worse, Wraith begins swimming against the current earnestly to secure your safety, but the vortex is clearly within its later stages and between pushing against the current and dodging a storm of tentacles, you find Wraith being slowly but surely pulled towards the whirlpool's eye.

'It's coming.'

Feeling the blood drain out of your face at Meteos starkly whispered message, you see a domed head rise from the waters as stormclouds start gathering in the skies above you; a pair of crystals bearing the ruby shade of blood reflecting random flashes of lightning while two beady, inscrutable eyes glare at all three of you. A screech announces the Tentacruel's murderous intent, and with yet another tentacle poised to strike it almost seems to beckon you under its steady gaze...
    The steady course through the lake seemed a relaxing journey for the three as Wraith leisurely seemed to enjoy the warm waters, the sky above reflecting off the lake surface as a polished mirror showing signs of untold beauty. After ten minutes or so, Jamie almost seemed to forget the very idea of searching for Tetyth if it meant that he would stay in this relaxing position, the sun above keeping him warm, when the sudden realisation that Wraith seemed to be struggling brought concern to him. The voice of Meteos giving him information only helped to solidify the fact that something was wrong and as the psychic moon gave a call of alarm, the Swampert made a sudden evasive maneouveur that had him clinging to the fish tightly.

"What the..." Jamie began before noticing the tentacle swarm suddenly appearing as the dread that he was caught in a whirlpool unnerved him. As the skies seemed to shroud over with stormclouds, the trainer became much more wary, especially as Meteos gravely whispered but two words into the boy's mind.

'It's coming.'

Franticaly looking around, Jamie saw It, the large bulbous head and crimson lumps of the Tentacruel as it raised another tentacle poised, murderous intent in the eyes as Wraith was slowly pulled to the eye of the whirlpool. In spite of the grave danger, Jamie was already considering the situation.

"Wraith! Stay steady there," he called to the Swampert, the beast struggling to escape the whirlpool. "Stick with the current and use the momentum in bulldozing out of here with a waterfall, then show that Tentacruel a lesson by hitting with a thunder wave. Your ground typing should aid resistance to the move, but nevertheless focus on escaping. Meteos, break the foe's concentration with some confusion before getting back and delivering a tri attack to buy us some time."

Feeling the pull of the pool, Jamie questioned why the jellyfish would become violent, perhaps he had trespassed on its hunting grounds, or something else...

MFW ponies

Fishy Bubbles

Nelde Ruins

Wiese Forest

Excessive Spare Time
    "The shape of Purugly... That would be the obvious answer, yes. Though I've never actually figured out what it meant," frowns Duessel, picking up the paper from you. "All I know is that every now and then the forest itself would seem to change in random fashion out of these four colours. Nothing like any seasonal pattern I'd ever seen before, but I never imagined that... hm." As he seems to mull things over, a few minutes pass before he eventually relents, handing the paper back to you but on the other side. Summer, Winter, Spring, Fall, you read.

"Those were... well, I suppose it wouldn't be far-fetched to call them directions," he explains. "It was -- how long was it again? -- when I tried following the instructions of the paper in your hands right now. The first time I tried setting out the flowers were blooming in the trees, and... I do remember travelling away from the sun that morning. That was when I found a sign in the middle of nowhere, and copied down the four words you see at the back. I figured then to travel in the same direction, but I walked for what must have been miles before eventually passing out. When I woke up I found myself just outside the doorway to the humble abode we're in right now.

"It was... a week, was it?... before I regained enough strength and confidence to try again. That day the sun was really bright for some reason, and given the previous experience I tried heading southwards instead. Who should be waiting for me but my friend the signboard," Duessel muses. "Although that time, when I continued in the same direction, I ended up in a forest with blooming flowers again, and... well, I think you know the rest. The very last time I remember setting off on a day much like my second tryout, but by that time I remember being really, really annoyed, and after I saw the sign staring us squarely in the face I think I must have had it. I began stomping my way back to base the way I came from, but after an hour or so of walking the leaves had all turned orange!" Pressing his fingers to his forehead, Duessel appears to rub his brow vigorously, almost as if trying to exorcise the memory from his brain. "That's about all I can say. Each time I met that sign and went on my way I kept walking until I passed out and ended up back here. If what you say is the key there should be a pattern... but for the life of me I can't figure out what that pattern is."

What do you think?

Tetyth City

Tetyth Lake

Cod of War
    Having a threatening situation already on your hands, you try figuring out the best way of ensuring everyone's safety and halting the Tentacruel's luncheon plans; first calling to Wraith in order to escape the whirlpool's grasp. Tensing his muscles, Wraith tries bursting through with the force of a Waterfall, timing himself just right as he releases the energy in accordance to a tangential coordinate in the water, succeeding in pushing against the swirling rings and travelling further from the pull of the currents, although the technique doesn't appear enough to breach the vortex's full range. Crackling sounds are heard as both your Pokémon focus their respective energies, but as Wraith starts rippling with Electric power you find that while your Mud Fish isn't affected by the voltage you can't claim similar immunity, and while you feel pins and needles explode all about your body Wraith notices this phenomenon, ceasing the process in alarm while Meteos releases his Confusion.

As the psychic blast leaves the moonshaped meteorite, it doesn't take long for you to note with dismay that while elementally advantageous, the distance you have since put between your group and Tentacruel has rendered the attack into a state of dissipation, and by the time it reaches its target you barely the technique glint against Tentacruel's central ruby. Tentacruel seems to notice the attack, though, and without warning you see a wave explode from where Tentacruel is, spreading its azure power all round until it hits you like a heavy smack to the face. Reeling from the Water Pulse, Wraith shudders as he fights the secondary effect of confusion, sinking back deeper into the whirlpool, while Meteos tries to keep up in a barely alive state after being struck by the super-effective move. Nevertheless as everyone draws closer he valiantly launches his Tri Attack, sending a triple beam of elements spinning towards the Jellyfish, managing to score several strikes along the beast's watery hide but otherwise not seeming to have much in other effects at all. If anything the Tentacruel almost seems bemused at Meteos' attempts, and all of a sudden a tentacle spikes up from the water, lashing at Meteos like a whip of lightning, and with that single smack you see the stars in your Lunatone's eyes as the difference in experience and prior aquatic attack proves too much for Meteos to bear. As you retreat Meteos with a timely activation of his PokéBall, froth begins to form near where Tentacruel's jaws might've been; the partial Poison-type now staring you down far too closely for your liking...

Lacrima Castle
    Located on Rosalina Island, the northeasternmost island in Riviera territory, Lacrima Castle is also popularly known as "the castle bathed in moonlight". Until some decades ago, a race of people known as Arcs lived within the castle grounds, but little has been heard from them ever since and the Arcs are believed to have simply died out. Swarmed by a variety of Pokémon, Rosalina Island is a considerably feral location in Riviera, and with the Arcs' apparent disappearance it has been overcast by a peculiar shroud that appears to cloud the island in night's darkness. Adventurers to Lacrima Castle find that it is always night there, though the silvery moon shines bright upon the seemingly ominous, yet melancholy structure. The only methods of getting to Lacrima Castle would be via the help of a Surfing or Flying Pokémon, although it is rumoured another method of transport exists somewhere...

Wilheim Path
    A coastal road that goes about a cliff, leading to where Lacrima Castle stands. Due to its position near the water, the weather is often warm, and migratory birds can be seen enjoying the breeze. Some of the grasses and herbs found here are known to have various healing properties.
    Note: My FB profile as it turns out is rather outdated (wrong levels, missing pokemon, etc.). Drought's information is all correct however, and if I find any discrepancies I will inform you right away. I'm also working as we speak on getting my profile up to date.
    EDIT: Nevermind ... Drought is actually Level 29.
    EDIT2: Nevermind ... I just got my registration up to date. Link in my sig.

Also, please excuse any typos, for some reason the word program doesn't work on this computer at the time being.

Lastly, thanks for being my updator ... hopefully there's still room.

Rayne pulled off the sweater he was wearing, all the while huffing in exhaustion. The shirt he was wearing underneath was beginning to form a sweaty patch on the back; something that hardly ever happened to Rayne in days past. Fatigued beyond measure he slammed his back against the cliff wall, which was not as cool as he was hoping it would be, and let gravity pull him down.

"This is hopeless ..." He muttered between breaths, something he was a little short on at the moment. From farther up the cliff he could here his partner running around, fresh as a pickle. She was only all too excited to be back on the road. Then again so was Rayne, but unlike his Ninetales, he was in terrible shape.

<... Are you coming? Hurry ...> Asked Drought, telepathically. While not training or adventuring in almost two years may have slowed down his team's progress, it certainly did not bother Drought. His Ninetales had used the break to get better control of her psychic powers. It has gotten to the point where she could manipulate several objects using telekinesis, while carrying on a conversation telepathically, all the while playfully fighting with Obsidian. Certainly impressive. Especially considering how truely pathetic she was when she first discovered this gift as a Vulpix. <... I said hurry! ...> She yelled into his head, much louder, giving him a splitting headache.

"Stop yelling in my head! You always give me these damn headaches. How about next time we take an extended break, oh I don't know, you practice controlling your temper!" Rayne replied, vocally. A slight scuttling sound to his right caught his attention. It was Drought, or rather, it was a moderately large stone Drought lifted from the gravel that lined the path. The stone rose slowly, very controlled, and then shot like a bullet ... right into Rayne's forehead.

<... How does your head feel now? ...> Rayne screamed in pain. She laughed. Oh how sinister that laugh was. Buckled over, rubbing his forehead in an attempt to alleviate the pressure, he could hear more scuttling, this time it sounded like claws clinking and digging into rock. He rolled over in time to see Drought sliding down the almost sheer cliff face. She must have gotten really far ahead on the path while her trainer took a breather. As graceful as ever, Drought leaped off the cliff face, landing perfectly in front of Rayne. <... Let's go, let's go, let's go ...> She said more calmly. Clearly she was really anxious to be on the road again, adventuring like in the past. He could tell because her usual sneer (which was rather scary), was replaced with genuinely excited smile and her nine tails were all wagging in unison (as opposed to seperately beating like whips, like when she was battling).

"Take is easy a bit. I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm out of shape. We haven't travelled in two years. And why the hell did I pick this god forsaken castle to go to? This cliff is like running a marathon. And why the hell is it so warm and humid? This sucks ..." Rayne vented. At least he had caught his breath. Sighing he pulled himself up with the help of the cliff wall, which was not as cool as he was hoping it would be, again. "Andromeda needs to evolve already and fly me places. I think I'm too heavy for Plague to carry." Drought laughed, sending chills up Rayne's back, which to his surprise felt rather refreshing.

The next leg of the climb went by a lot smoother. Drought stuck by his side, instead of running ahead. Rayne was back, he was once again travelling, and it felt great. It had been way too long. It had been years since he stopped adventuring. At first his teammates were all for the decision (except Tallon, she was always opposed to anything her trainer suggested, or so she tried to act), but soon he could feel the restlessness of some of his teammates. Minerva, Cascade, Obsidian, Seroh, Mesmenir, Tallon, Plague and Drought; the more extraverted of the group, the ones who had seen adventure the most. They all wanted to be back out there. Others like Saleh and Zodiac were loving just getting to sleep all day, and of course Apollo didn't mind secluding himself from everyone. The two youngest of his companions, Hephaestus and Andromeda, simply never got to experience the thrill and so they didn't mind spending time with the grownup members of the team. But it was long enough, if not for himself, he would adventure once more for his pokemon.

And now here he was ... almost at the top of the path ... almost about to begin another chapter with his trusty companions. He patted Drought's pitch black mane, of course he didn't have to say anything, she already knew what he wanted to know (she always reads his mind). Without so much as a hesitation she projected an image into Rayne's head, it was the the view of Lacrima Castle, as seen from the top of this cliff path. When travelling with Drought he always utilised her abilities, psychic projections were just one of those things. Knowing what awaits you at the end of a path Rayne felt was rather important. What he could see amazed him. The castle was breathtaking. Sure it was eerie, but more intruiging if anything. He swivvled his head to get a better view ... and that's when he noticed the menacing forest on the edge of the castle. He quickly did a double take of the castle, but it was as if the forest was calling his name. He could not see much past the first row of trees, but he knew right there ... he was bound for Rosalina Forest ...
    Last edited by Dark Fire; 4th November 2009 at 12:24 AM.
    .: Team Dark Fire :.

.: FB :.:.: PC :.:.: CC :.:.: TCG :.

Blog Entries

Lacrima Castle

Moonlit Garden

Thunder Punch
    Moving across the bridge guarded by beasts of stone, you soon find that your Ledian is much the one leading the way instead, scattering glittering dust from her beating wings as she flies about, energised by the moonlight beaming down on the two of you. Stepping onto a tiled path, you round a junction with Ledah barely in sights; her powder trail the only distinct hint of her magical midnight flight. With the garden's flora surrounding you along with the faint, yet pleasant scents of their nocturnal blossoms, you feel your muscles relax and your mind mellow -- not in a sad way, but as though you've been cut off from the rest of the world entirely in this realm of night. If anything, Ledah certainly doesn't seem to mind; indeed, as you note, she seems very much at home in a world coded to her unique colour scheme.

Finally catching up with Ledah in a collection of garden shrubbery, spinneys and trees, you watch quietly as she flits about in wonderment as though searching for something, when a piercing sound tears through the night air and sends jolts down your nerves and bones. The powerful dissonance does not escape Ledah's notice either; as two of her hands shield the sides of her head in irritation you sense the sounds of sharp swooping above you. Peering upwards you find a large shadow hovering towards you with outstretched wings, moonlight glinting off four fangs lining a mouth wide open in murderous glee.

"GOLBAT!" shrieks the shadow, folding its wings around its sides for a dive, plummeting metre by metre with a distinctly hungry look in its eyes...
    "This place is better than drugs," pepper thought to himself as trailed in intoxicated state behind his Ledian. As he walked along, it became increasingly difficult for him to define reality and fantasy, while on the path. The tiled path looked as if it were severely damaged, complete with huge cracks and chunks of the road totally removed from their original places. To Pepper's relief, he saw Ledah's mysterious bug dust in the distance, and knew he was close to the Garden.

"This.. must.." he studdered, barely keeping consiousness. Stopping dead in his tracks, a brief flash before his eyes and he found himself in a graveyard. The lightning light up the black skys as the rain beat down on his face, wandering aimlessly through the grounds. Fascinated Pepper edged closer, his curiosity screaming at him to explore this new event and he held his hand out to the lightning swishing himself through the blip of a past event.

"I know this place," he spoke aloud, before being interrupted by an ear splitting cry, from out of the shadows a figure flew viciously through the night. "GOLBAT!" shrieks the shadow, folding its wings around its sides for a dive, plummeting metre by metre with a distinctly hungry look in its eyes...

"Thats a real nice Golbat.." he said smiling before a few more questions suddenly popped into his head. Without thinking, he dove to the right, taking quite the spill on the ground. Ledah was looking frantic, as reality finally hit him. This golbat was out for blood, and who better than a helpless trainer and his bug. Pepper scrambled around looking for his Bulbasaur's pokeball, but must have accidentally left him in the Daycare. Who knew that his adventure would end with him being bat food and Ledah finding her true home.

"Ledian!" cried his partner, before charging up what looked to be an EXTREME SPEED. This was certainly a change in her attitude, and a more battle hungry side he hadn't experinced with her before. Deciding it better to assist than play victim, he shouted out some attacks, "Combo your attack with a THUNDER PUNCH, then use the POWER of the COSMIC energy around you for that added support."

FB:

Blog Entries

Tetyth City

Tetyth Lake

Cod of War
    Having a threatening situation already on your hands, you try figuring out the best way of ensuring everyone's safety and halting the Tentacruel's luncheon plans; first calling to Wraith in order to escape the whirlpool's grasp. Tensing his muscles, Wraith tries bursting through with the force of a Waterfall, timing himself just right as he releases the energy in accordance to a tangential coordinate in the water, succeeding in pushing against the swirling rings and travelling further from the pull of the currents, although the technique doesn't appear enough to breach the vortex's full range. Crackling sounds are heard as both your Pokémon focus their respective energies, but as Wraith starts rippling with Electric power you find that while your Mud Fish isn't affected by the voltage you can't claim similar immunity, and while you feel pins and needles explode all about your body Wraith notices this phenomenon, ceasing the process in alarm while Meteos releases his Confusion.

As the psychic blast leaves the moonshaped meteorite, it doesn't take long for you to note with dismay that while elementally advantageous, the distance you have since put between your group and Tentacruel has rendered the attack into a state of dissipation, and by the time it reaches its target you barely the technique glint against Tentacruel's central ruby. Tentacruel seems to notice the attack, though, and without warning you see a wave explode from where Tentacruel is, spreading its azure power all round until it hits you like a heavy smack to the face. Reeling from the Water Pulse, Wraith shudders as he fights the secondary effect of confusion, sinking back deeper into the whirlpool, while Meteos tries to keep up in a barely alive state after being struck by the super-effective move. Nevertheless as everyone draws closer he valiantly launches his Tri Attack, sending a triple beam of elements spinning towards the Jellyfish, managing to score several strikes along the beast's watery hide but otherwise not seeming to have much in other effects at all. If anything the Tentacruel almost seems bemused at Meteos' attempts, and all of a sudden a tentacle spikes up from the water, lashing at Meteos like a whip of lightning, and with that single smack you see the stars in your Lunatone's eyes as the difference in experience and prior aquatic attack proves too much for Meteos to bear. As you retreat Meteos with a timely activation of his PokéBall, froth begins to form near where Tentacruel's jaws might've been; the partial Poison-type now staring you down far too closely for your liking...
    With his own safety jeopardised, Jamie was perhaps a little irritated that Wraith's waterfall assault had fared rather poorly, giving them only some gain, while the Confusion of Meteos served to only distract the Tentacruel as it unleashed a suddenly powerful Water Pulse, Meteos wavering in place at the might while Wraith struggled with some confusion from the move, the trainer himself disoriented from the sudden wallop. As Meteos launched his own Tri Attack, the foe seemed only amused at the power before the tentacle struck the rock down, the swift action of the Moon Ball's recall system the only grace for the Lunatone as things took a turn for the worse.

'Damn, there has to be a way round this whirlpool...we couldn't cut through it, so we'll have to try and destroy it. But how do you destroy spiralling water...' Jamie thought as the distance between frothing maw and delirious Swampert became rather frighteningly uncomfortable, before an idea hit his mind.

"Wraith, snap out of that stupor! If this Tentacruel wants a meal, then make sure it has plenty of water to wash it down with. Smash him with a wave from Surf, hopefully breaking this damn whirlpool, then while he's stunned shoot him a lovely chunk of mud pie, before helping him swallow it with a nice mega punch and get us out of here. The less I look at its jaws, the happier I am..."

Glancing back at the titanic jellyfish, Jamie started to question if the feral beast was like Meteos, a guardian of something, or really was just feral, ferocious and freakishly large and hungry.

MFW ponies

Fishy Bubbles

Blog Entries

Nelde Ruins

Wiese Forest

Excessive Spare Time
    "The shape of Purugly... That would be the obvious answer, yes. Though I've never actually figured out what it meant," frowns Duessel, picking up the paper from you. "All I know is that every now and then the forest itself would seem to change in random fashion out of these four colours. Nothing like any seasonal pattern I'd ever seen before, but I never imagined that... hm." As he seems to mull things over, a few minutes pass before he eventually relents, handing the paper back to you but on the other side. Summer, Winter, Spring, Fall, you read.

"Those were... well, I suppose it wouldn't be far-fetched to call them directions," he explains. "It was -- how long was it again? -- when I tried following the instructions of the paper in your hands right now. The first time I tried setting out the flowers were blooming in the trees, and... I do remember travelling away from the sun that morning. That was when I found a sign in the middle of nowhere, and copied down the four words you see at the back. I figured then to travel in the same direction, but I walked for what must have been miles before eventually passing out. When I woke up I found myself just outside the doorway to the humble abode we're in right now.

"It was... a week, was it?... before I regained enough strength and confidence to try again. That day the sun was really bright for some reason, and given the previous experience I tried heading southwards instead. Who should be waiting for me but my friend the signboard," Duessel muses. "Although that time, when I continued in the same direction, I ended up in a forest with blooming flowers again, and... well, I think you know the rest. The very last time I remember setting off on a day much like my second tryout, but by that time I remember being really, really annoyed, and after I saw the sign staring us squarely in the face I think I must have had it. I began stomping my way back to base the way I came from, but after an hour or so of walking the leaves had all turned orange!" Pressing his fingers to his forehead, Duessel appears to rub his brow vigorously, almost as if trying to exorcise the memory from his brain. "That's about all I can say. Each time I met that sign and went on my way I kept walking until I passed out and ended up back here. If what you say is the key there should be a pattern... but for the life of me I can't figure out what that pattern is."

What do you think?
    The girl picked up a stick and began drawing diagrams in the dirt. First, she drew a summary of the directions Duessel had traveled. SPRING+WEST(away from sun, morning)=SUMMER SUMMER+SOUTH=SPRING SUMMER+NORTH(south, then returned)=FALL. The girl considered what this meant. She then drew a diagram modeled after the traditional compass. SUMMER was at the center. She drew the word FALL over it, and drew SPRING twice, once to the right, once underneath. Before she could even draw WINTER, she knew something was up. She realized that this did not explain why spring came twice. She then looked back at the roads Duessel had traveled. She noticed that when he went north, time advanced from spring to summer, one whole season. She scrawled +1 next to SUMMER+NORTH=AUTUMN. SUMMER+SOUTH=SPRING. Which meant that time went back one season when he went the other way. She scrawled -1 in the dirt next to that. SPRING+WEST=SUMMER. He traveled one season forward when he traveled to the west. +1. She turned the paper over. "Time passes in cycles... that's it! Hey, Mr. Duessel! I think I've got it!" She scrawled the phrase YOU ARE HERE in the dirt. "This would be the season we're currently in. She drew N+1 above it. "This would be the next season, to the north." She drew S-1 below it. "This would be the previous season, to the south." She drew W+1 to the right. "The west also took you one season forward, so, logic would dictate..." she drew E-1 to the left. "...That going east would take us one season back. What do you think?"
    Fizzy Bubbles

Lacrima Castle

Moonlit Garden

Thunder Punch
    Disjointed events and conclusions half-formed in your mind, your immediate priority is the unwelcome newcomer in this confusing equation which Ledah is quick to acknowledge. Relying on unique intel your Ledian rises into an Extremespeed, slamming into the myotis of mostly mouth head-on. Not having expected its prey to fight back the Golbat is stunned momentarily, save for a few coughs as it recovers from having had its open gob rammed into, before screaming a shriek of indignance at you. The breezes around you seem to rise upwards as Golbat lifts its wings, but not for long when the Bat Pokémon swings them back down. Harshly hardened pockets of Air Cut crescents all around you, prompting you to instinctively raise your hands for protection as the Flying-type move slashes into the dirt around, drawing dust as Ledah winces from the wind slicing past her own skin.

As soon as the wind dies down, however, your twilight-shaded bug is back into action; her four fists fizzling with electricity as the Golbat stares wide-eyed as much as its beady oculous organs can allow. With two knuckle sandwiches per wing Ledah's Thunderpunch hits strong and true, knocking the Golbat askew as its wings lock up from the immediate discharge of power, causing it to crash land onto the grass while Ledah proudly taps into her star-studded side. More glittering dust emanates from her five spots, surrounding her in rings of Cosmic Power as she gracefully hovers next to you, both of you watching as Golbat struggles to stand on its short spindly legs. For a while it doesn't seem as though Golbat is reacting at all aside from struggling, but as its eyes finally meet your gaze you feel a strange sensation of being constricted even though no neural signals have crossed your nerve endings. A check of your PokéDex confirms the phenomenon as Mean Look, and indeed it seems this Golbat isn't keen on letting you go anytime soon, taking to the air once more with fangs glistening from poison...

Wilheim Path

Dark Fire
    Two years down a road of inactivity in your roles as a Trainer have certainly taken a bit of a toll on you; both your physical capabilities and the insatiable thirst for adventure of your Pokémon. Nevertheless, the time given to them to develop their abilities further -- particularly, the innate prowess of your mystical vulpine -- is by no means a bad thing, and after consulting Drought's second sense of sight you feel that the island's forest is the better choice of two locations.

Struggling a little with the rough terrain of bumps and hillocks, you nevertheless soon make it from the natural walkway along the coast into the outskirts of the forest; its foliage forbidding and fortressesque even as you draw near, so thick and dark you can see very few of what landscape might lie within the intertwining trunks and indecipherable branches. Almost before you call for it Drought flashes you another of her knowing, sardonic sneers as she raises her titular tails, lighting the shaded tips with just enough ethereal flame to see several metres ahead. A sort of prod goes through your head as your Ninetales gives you a mental poke to your brain, causing you to take a slightly tumbling step back. Rubbing your forehead you grimace as she cackles another laugh, bright and teasing, before you follow her into the maze of trees.

It turns out that the decision for an alternative light source proves a timely one, for even as you know the moon shines overhead the swarming vegetation of gnarled, twisted trees prevent any of its light from shining through. Some weighted with despairingly burdensome leaves while others stripped bizarrely bare, they form a frame above you that gives a strange feeling of meandering through caverns instead of woods -- albeit really, really windy caverns at that. Every now and then a breeze zips past your ear before screaming behind you; their speed and intensity almost bearing little difference from actual shrieks of terror, moans of torturous experience...

<...Something's coming.>

The remark from Drought causes you to stop in your tracks, but even as your head feels another dull throb at the psychic intrusion what halts you isn't so much the mentality, but the apprehensive, tense tone behind Drought's message. As she extends some of her tails ahead, lighting up the area in front of you, you see what it is that has Drought concerned. The figure of a blonde woman -- her hair dishevelled, her skin bruised and dirtied, and what clothes she has in rags and tatters -- approaches in your direction from behind the trees, and even with her at least fifteen metres away you hear her voice; pained and unsteady with a sobbing twitch as she... Steps? Lurches? In fact, it's almost though she doesn't notice you as she moves forward aimlessly, all the while repeating herself in the same trembling tone...

"De... des.. troy... Dest... Destroy..."

Nelde Ruins

Wiese Forest

Excessive Spare Time
    "That certainly sounds likely," nods Duessel as the two of you look over your figures in the dirt. "I think you're further along the track than I ever tried, although... if all it took were two variations, why would there be a need to indicate four directions?" Some scratching of heads ensues for a while with you taking in this information, until Duessel pipes up again. "You know, now that I think of it, in all the instances Cormag and I looked for food, there were only those three times that we encountered the signboard when we made an attempt to escape, even though we must have trekked far enough in this forest... maybe that's what the instructions mean."

Beckoning your view, Duessel points to the lines in the paper's clues. "Four symbols oversee direction... if what you're saying is right, it could mean that a certain seasonal phenomenon indicates the direction to travel to the signboard. Time passes in cycles... certainly, when I travelled in different directions, we experienced different seasons. Maybe the seasons indicate the exact path we need to take in order to escape, and the paths vary depend on what season it already is."

It sounds like you're all getting closer to a resolution as more of the pieces fall in place from the putting together of heads. If you can take what has been hypothesised to be true, all that might be left is to theorise a navigated way out...

Tetyth City

Tetyth Lake

Cod of War
    Left with your Swampert as your only viable option for defence, you rally Wraith in your attempt to turn the tables around against your aquatic adversary. Pulling up the waters around him, it doesn't take long for Wraith to summon a respectably-crested wave of Surf, drawing a look of surprise even from Tentacruel as the momentum from the whirlpool and other currents rise to a peak. You feel your organs plummet with the rest of your body as you cling to Wraith for dear life, falling like a giant hailstone as Wraith bulldozes his attack straight into the enemy jellyfish. Water churns above you before rushing in to fill the spatial depression, submerging the three of you as the froth bubbles in a most turbulent manner above you. Clinging to Wraith you hold desperately to your breath, heaving a large gasp as Wraith breaks the water surface, and spotting Tentacruel rise as well he wastes no time in hocking a large Mud Shot at Tentacruel. The projectile splatters against the jewelled forehead, but even as the silt drips down Tentacruel's face you find that it's barely even stunned or stifled; certainly, it must be the Clear Body ability in action even though the Poison typing must have taken some rather strong damage.

Giving off a snort of annoyance, Wraith starts treading towards the other offending Water-type; his fist starting to glow in power when all of a sudden you feel a lashing, followed by a constriction at your back, pinning you forcefully against Wraith's vertebrae. A yelp from Wraith followed by a sense of displacement, a view of the sky and choking sensation informs you that Tentacruel has now got you under clear Wraps. Roaring, Wraith swings his arm, striking a Mega Punch against a tentacle which withdraws from the attack, only to be replaced by others, surrounding you in mid-air like a twisted inquisition. Tentacruel's certainly experienced some hurt this time, but things are really not looking too good for you...

Dark Fire
    Two years down a road of inactivity in your roles as a Trainer have certainly taken a bit of a toll on you; both your physical capabilities and the insatiable thirst for adventure of your Pokémon. Nevertheless, the time given to them to develop their abilities further -- particularly, the innate prowess of your mystical vulpine -- is by no means a bad thing, and after consulting Drought's second sense of sight you feel that the island's forest is the better choice of two locations.

Struggling a little with the rough terrain of bumps and hillocks, you nevertheless soon make it from the natural walkway along the coast into the outskirts of the forest; its foliage forbidding and fortressesque even as you draw near, so thick and dark you can see very few of what landscape might lie within the intertwining trunks and indecipherable branches. Almost before you call for it Drought flashes you another of her knowing, sardonic sneers as she raises her titular tails, lighting the shaded tips with just enough ethereal flame to see several metres ahead. A sort of prod goes through your head as your Ninetales gives you a mental poke to your brain, causing you to take a slightly tumbling step back. Rubbing your forehead you grimace as she cackles another laugh, bright and teasing, before you follow her into the maze of trees.

It turns out that the decision for an alternative light source proves a timely one, for even as you know the moon shines overhead the swarming vegetation of gnarled, twisted trees prevent any of its light from shining through. Some weighted with despairingly burdensome leaves while others stripped bizarrely bare, they form a frame above you that gives a strange feeling of meandering through caverns instead of woods -- albeit really, really windy caverns at that. Every now and then a breeze zips past your ear before screaming behind you; their speed and intensity almost bearing little difference from actual shrieks of terror, moans of torturous experience...

<...Something's coming.>

The remark from Drought causes you to stop in your tracks, but even as your head feels another dull throb at the psychic intrusion what halts you isn't so much the mentality, but the apprehensive, tense tone behind Drought's message. As she extends some of her tails ahead, lighting up the area in front of you, you see what it is that has Drought concerned. The figure of a blonde woman -- her hair dishevelled, her skin bruised and dirtied, and what clothes she has in rags and tatters -- approaches in your direction from behind the trees, and even with her at least fifteen metres away you hear her voice; pained and unsteady with a sobbing twitch as she... Steps? Lurches? In fact, it's almost though she doesn't notice you as she moves forward aimlessly, all the while repeating herself in the same trembling tone...

"De... des.. troy... Dest... Destroy..."
    After finally making it to his destination, Rayne was greeted with the same astounding view Drought had presented to him only minutes earlier. Yet again, the clarity with which she was able to project this exact image astounded him. It certainly felt like he had been here before. He looked up at the castle, mesmerized by the way the light from the moon bounced off its walls. This sight did not betray the brief description he read about it upon arriving to Riviera; it was most definitely a “castle bathed in moonlight”. Even in the darkness Rayne could spy little details about the castle; places where time had caught up to the formidable structure. Vines grew uncontrolled in some spots; chunks of brick missing from some towers, revealing the inner works; areas which were reclaimed by pokemon. Against the silvery moon he could make out large numbers of what he presumed were Zubat and Golbat, going about their never ending nocturnal activities. As alluring as the sight was, Rayne’s attention was slowly diverted down the walls of the castle, and onto the forest on its outskirts.

As he got ever closer, Rayne’s anticipation grew ever larger. If the castle, with all its mystique and eeriness, could attract Rayne (in his mind he made a mental note to return and explore it at a later date), then the forest was quite literally begging him to enter. Standing at the edge (surprisingly the forest seemed to have an edge, like a well groomed hedge, no random trees poking out across the line), Rayne could not help but notice a peculiar draft flowing out of the woods; constant, but varying in speed at times. Varying to the point where it sounded like voices ... like screams and moans. For sure it had to be an odd acoustic effect created by the wind running into the densely populated forest, and not people wailing in agony. Most worrying, or perhaps most inviting, was the fact that even from several meters, Rayne could not see anything past the first couple rows of trees. These trees were so overgrown, so intertwined, so dense, that light could not penetrate farther than several rows.

“Wonder if they let up at all. This seems impenetrable.” Rayne mumbled under his breath.

<... Can’t help you there. Never been inside. ...> Came the response from the fire fox.

“Well, hopefully they thin out a bit, or clear all together in some spots.” Drought took this as a cue and lit up her tails almost instantly, before Rayne could even lift his foot off the ground. A sharp pain in his forehead alerted him that Drought had indeed been reading his mind again, knowing full well that her trainer was going to begin his march into the gloom. Drought cackled yet again, enjoying the situation. Grumbling, and rubbing his forehead, Rayne and Drought finally stepped into the tangled mess of Rosalina Forest.

What awaited him across that well defined border was something he had never before seen. The gnarly mess of trees was almost too much. With every step Rayne met resistance from twisted roots, fallen logs, puddles and mud that would suck his foot in. Not to mention the fact that he often had to turn sideways and squeeze laterally between trees to continue his march. Everywhere he walked he was constantly prodded by low hanging trees, entangled in vines, tripped by hidden roots. It was a nightmare. Eventually Drought figured out the best way to spread her tails to ensure her trainer had optimal visibility, and finally the two of them began making some measurable progress.

More accustomed to his environment, Rayne could afford the odd glance at his peripheral. Now he could make out all the little obstacles that harshed him along the way. Some trees it seemed were completely bare, while others had odd growing leaves, vines and twigs pointing in every which direction. The combination of all these aspects, in tandem with that curious wind, created the illusion of faces and arms, pulling and screaming for him. Upon closer inspection however, what first seemed like a set of eyes following his stride, suddenly looked more like burrows in which pokemon could live. If only he could SEE a pokemon to prove his conjecture.

<... This is just like home ... ...> Whispered Drought, barely audible to Rayne.

“What?” He responded. Something about the tone in which she said that made Rayne uneasy. It was nostalgic sounding, but Rayne knew for a fact that Drought was hatched to a trainer, whereupon she was swiftly traded to him. Her home was with Rayne, and they never ever lived anywhere remotely similar to this place. His thoughts trailed off, thinking about how this would be a rather neat place to live. Maybe he could find lodging in the castle, and get some ...

<... Something’s coming ...> Drought’s thought cut his “daydream” off. But this time he could tell it was Drought, and she noticed something. Her apprehensive tone and stance whipped Rayne into a more alert state almost instantly. With her tails pointing forward, Rayne could easily make out what it was that had his Ninetails so alarmed. A woman! Hair a mess, bruised and cut, pale and dirty. And as she walked, or hobbled, or lurched ... whatever it was that she was doing, Rayne got the feeling this woman had no idea he was here. All the while she kept repeating the same word over and over: destroy. An image of a zombie movie him and the gang watched flashed through his head. Drought was communicating with him.

<... You think she’s a zombie? Maybe, actually. I don’t know though. This is strange ...> Rayne replied, tapping into that mental link, not wanting to alert the woman by making sounds. He of course also got to practice these past couple of years, and his psychic abilities had also improved considerably (only when communicating with Drought though). Where previously it would take all his concentration, now it came second nature, and with only a slight head rush as a result. <... Don’t move. Keep communicating telepathically. ...>

<... Sure. What should I do? ...> Drought responded.

<... I don’t know. It seems as if she has no idea we’re here, but she’s got something on her mind. She wants to destroy something. I think we better not move. If she passes us we’ll follow her to wherever she’s headed. If she wants to talk we’ll talk. If she attacks, we’re attacking back. Start off passively. If she attacks, put her to sleep with Hypnosis. Follow it up with Taunt, on the off chance it’s a pokemon controlling her, that will get them out of hiding ...> Rayne had no idea how this was going to turn out. He was just hoping his instructions covered his bases. But judging by how odd this place was, who knows if they would ...

Lacrima Castle

Rosalina Forest

Dark Fire
    With the new presence unleashing a storm's worth of questions, you find yourself troubled above all else by the strange woman. Was this mysterious lady friend or foe, alive or dead -- and was she a prelude to what you might have to face in this strange location? Hoping to seek answers you mentally relay a general contigency plan to Drought, steely standing on the spot you're on and waiting for the stranger to make her move. As it is, she seems to head right for you; Drought tensing her muscles and curling her lip in preparation.

"Ahh..." A few steps away from you, the woman falls to her knees, making a grasping motion at which you can't help but jump. As she seems to sob against your calves you look uneasily to Drought, who can only mirror your bewilderment. <She's not attacking,> reasons your Ninetales, though she has a certain tone of surprise at that. Bending down you support the woman by her arms, gently leaning her shaking frame against a tree, both you and Drought looking into her eyes glinting with tears.

"Pleas... des... oy..." she whispers, "Seek... hou... ddle... orest..." Clutching her wrist, you're alarmed to feel her pulse suddenly dwindle to a complete stop; noting her expression you see that she's completely unmoving, with her eyes glassy as the night sky and her skin greying. <She's gone,> Drought informs you grimly. <I could sense her spirit was already fading, fragmenting. Almost like it was glued on to this body like strings to a puppet, and flimsily at that. She was barely holding on as it was.>

Wiping the sweat off your clammy forehead, you heave a deep sigh. Experiencing anguished death is generally never a pleasant thing to be a part of, but what are you to make of the woman's final message and Drought's observations?

Blog Entries

Tetyth City

Tetyth Lake

Cod of War
    Left with your Swampert as your only viable option for defence, you rally Wraith in your attempt to turn the tables around against your aquatic adversary. Pulling up the waters around him, it doesn't take long for Wraith to summon a respectably-crested wave of Surf, drawing a look of surprise even from Tentacruel as the momentum from the whirlpool and other currents rise to a peak. You feel your organs plummet with the rest of your body as you cling to Wraith for dear life, falling like a giant hailstone as Wraith bulldozes his attack straight into the enemy jellyfish. Water churns above you before rushing in to fill the spatial depression, submerging the three of you as the froth bubbles in a most turbulent manner above you. Clinging to Wraith you hold desperately to your breath, heaving a large gasp as Wraith breaks the water surface, and spotting Tentacruel rise as well he wastes no time in hocking a large Mud Shot at Tentacruel. The projectile splatters against the jewelled forehead, but even as the silt drips down Tentacruel's face you find that it's barely even stunned or stifled; certainly, it must be the Clear Body ability in action even though the Poison typing must have taken some rather strong damage.

Giving off a snort of annoyance, Wraith starts treading towards the other offending Water-type; his fist starting to glow in power when all of a sudden you feel a lashing, followed by a constriction at your back, pinning you forcefully against Wraith's vertebrae. A yelp from Wraith followed by a sense of displacement, a view of the sky and choking sensation informs you that Tentacruel has now got you under clear Wraps. Roaring, Wraith swings his arm, striking a Mega Punch against a tentacle which withdraws from the attack, only to be replaced by others, surrounding you in mid-air like a twisted inquisition. Tentacruel's certainly experienced some hurt this time, but things are really not looking too good for you...
    With the opposing Tentacruel before him looking ever more irritated, Wraith followed his master's orders to a point, drawing upon his own aquatic powers for assault, bending the waters into his own wave, in a manner which seemed to also take advantage of the Tentacruel's own weapon, Jamie noticed before realising that being on the back of a pokemon about to attack with a tidal wave wasn't the safest place to be. Clinging to the Swampert like a kitten to a velcro pad, the human could only take one lungful of air before falling alongside the larger fish as the wave slammed down onto the Tentacruel, just as the waters from above submerged all parties involved as the world took a blur for him. Holding desperately to whatever air he had in his stinging lungs, he gave a gasp of relief upon breaking the water's surface before Wraith spat forth a missile of mud into the jellyfish. As the sludge splattered onto the Tentacruel, Jamie gave a frown as the silt simply slid off the face, the realisation that the body of his tormentor was clearer than anticipated giving him slight relief that any draining assaults would be beneficial, rather than detrimental. Sadly the Swampert lacked basic skills as that.

Trudging to his foe, fist aglow, the Swampert and trainer suddenly found themselves under sudden wraps by the enemy's tentacles. Slugging one, Jamie realised quickly that with the situation less than pleasant as further tentacles hung above him and the Swampert, the problem would be that Tentacruel were said to possess eighty or so of the limbs, meaning that fighting them off would be meaningless. However, he wasn't one to surrender so easily.

"Wraith, protect us from these...the bubble created should shove these ties off us...then slam your body into that lighter jellyfish before...giving him a chill and intimidation with a mighty roar...preferably before I snap a bone..."

MFW ponies

Fishy Bubbles

Blog Entries

Nelde Ruins

Wiese Forest

Excessive Spare Time
    "That certainly sounds likely," nods Duessel as the two of you look over your figures in the dirt. "I think you're further along the track than I ever tried, although... if all it took were two variations, why would there be a need to indicate four directions?" Some scratching of heads ensues for a while with you taking in this information, until Duessel pipes up again. "You know, now that I think of it, in all the instances Cormag and I looked for food, there were only those three times that we encountered the signboard when we made an attempt to escape, even though we must have trekked far enough in this forest... maybe that's what the instructions mean."

Beckoning your view, Duessel points to the lines in the paper's clues. "Four symbols oversee direction... if what you're saying is right, it could mean that a certain seasonal phenomenon indicates the direction to travel to the signboard. Time passes in cycles... certainly, when I travelled in different directions, we experienced different seasons. Maybe the seasons indicate the exact path we need to take in order to escape, and the paths vary depend on what season it already is."

It sounds like you're all getting closer to a resolution as more of the pieces fall in place from the putting together of heads. If you can take what has been hypothesised to be true, all that might be left is to theorise a navigated way out...
    "Maybe... Hang on. I think we're onto something, but I don't know." The girl picked up her stick and continued drawing.She considered at first going north twice, or perhaps north and west, or maybe the other way round, or maybe south twice and north four times, or maybe east , then south, then north then west, and so on, and so on, until the map of routes the girl had drawn began to look like a labyrinth. Then looked at the sheet of paper one more time. "Time passes in cycles, direction is overseen by the four symbols." She then considered what was associated with them in the hopes of finding a landmark, a turning point, perhaps. Blastoise was associated with ponds and lakes, but it could also be found on the coast, which meant the exit was available in wintertime, perhaps? Ho-oh was associated with rainbows. She considered how odd it would be to find one in the summer, but what the heck. Flygon was associated with the desert... Now it was just plain outlandish But then again, what wasn't? Purugly was a housepet... "Wait up, none of this makes sense, this can't be it..." The girl considered something else. Perhaps something that resembled the Pokémon was in each one. "Direction is overseen by the four symbols... Wait! I got it! In each season, there is something that looks like one of the four pokémon listed here, in this case, a Purugly. that is, one of the Four Symbols. 'Direction is overseen by the four symbols.' That suggests that we go the direction that each one points. If we follow those, we might have ourselves an exit. What do you think?"
    Fizzy Bubbles

Dark Fire
    With the new presence unleashing a storm's worth of questions, you find yourself troubled above all else by the strange woman. Was this mysterious lady friend or foe, alive or dead -- and was she a prelude to what you might have to face in this strange location? Hoping to seek answers you mentally relay a general contigency plan to Drought, steely standing on the spot you're on and waiting for the stranger to make her move. As it is, she seems to head right for you; Drought tensing her muscles and curling her lip in preparation.

"Ahh..." A few steps away from you, the woman falls to her knees, making a grasping motion at which you can't help but jump. As she seems to sob against your calves you look uneasily to Drought, who can only mirror your bewilderment. <She's not attacking,> reasons your Ninetales, though she has a certain tone of surprise at that. Bending down you support the woman by her arms, gently leaning her shaking frame against a tree, both you and Drought looking into her eyes glinting with tears.

"Pleas... des... oy..." she whispers, "Seek... hou... ddle... orest..." Clutching her wrist, you're alarmed to feel her pulse suddenly dwindle to a complete stop; noting her expression you see that she's completely unmoving, with her eyes glassy as the night sky and her skin greying. <She's gone,> Drought informs you grimly. <I could sense her spirit was already fading, fragmenting. Almost like it was glued on to this body like strings to a puppet, and flimsily at that. She was barely holding on as it was.>

Wiping the sweat off your clammy forehead, you heave a deep sigh. Experiencing anguished death is generally never a pleasant thing to be a part of, but what are you to make of the woman's final message and Drought's observations?
    Rayne stood in one spot, unyielding and unwavering, as the strange woman made her way closer and closer. Beads of cold sweat started forming on his forehead, revealing his anxiety, but still he stood motionless. His Ninetails too obeyed her orders and did not move, but he could see her tense up, her fur stand on end, her lip curl back.

Several steps from Rayne the woman fell to her knees, stretching out her arms, to which Rayne instinctively jumped in aid. The tension was broken, if only briefly, as the woman began sobbing at his feet. Confused, Rayne looked at Drought, who returned the confused expression with one of her own.

<... She's not attacking ...> Fair enough, thought Rayne. Slowly he helped the woman up, supporting her against a tree. Her body was cold, and he could tell hardly an ounce of energy was left in her. Still whimpering, she whispers: "Pleas... des... oy... seek... hou... ddle... orest..." And with that she faded. He felt her weak pulse dissipate, her muscles slackened, her eyes glossed over, her skin lost the little colour it had to begin with. She was dead.

"Damn it!" Rayne screamed, guilt quickly sinking in. Why didn't he help her. Maybe if he had offered help initially ...

<... She's gone. I could sense her spirit was already fading, fragmenting. Almost like it was glued on to this body like strings to a puppet, and flimsily at that. She was barely holding on as it was ...> Drought's comment helped to ease his mind. Of course her death wasn't his fault. She was barely living when they ran into her. He couldn't have helped her in any case. Still, death was never easy to cope with, especially when you see the last bit of life slip out of a human being. Having encountered death while adventuring with Drought before, he decided it would be best to put the guilt aside and focus on the more pressing issue, what was this woman talking about?

"Almost like it was glued on her body ... strings on a puppet? What does that mean? Was the spirit someone else's? Was someone draining her spirit? Was someone animating an already dead corpse?" He reasoned aloud, but still it didn't quite make sense. "And what the hell was she rambling about. Destroy? Destroy what I wonder." As he replayed their encounter over and over in his head those fragmented words kept flashing: seek, hou, ddle, orset, seek, hou, ddle, orset, seek, hou, ddle, orset ...

"Seek, house, middle, forest? Is that what she was trying to say? Was she giving us directions?" Whatever she was trying to do, he felt obligated to check it out, maybe he could avenge her death. Who knows what this woman was all about. Looking down at her cold lifeless body he made up his mind ... he would continue his treck into the forest. He knelt beside the woman, closed her eyelids, folded her arms over her chest, and layed her down between the thick roots of the largest tree in his immediate area. That's as good of a burial he could afford at this time; with his knife he carved a marker into the tree: "Here lies Unknown, who was laid to rest by R., on November 10th, 2009. May she rest in peace ..." He walked off, never looking back.

Once out of site, and the event somewhat out of mind, he snapped a pokeball off his belt and flicked it open. The flash that ensued was bright enough to partially blind him for a few seconds, even though he had his eyelids shut. Upon regaining his eyesight the familiar sight of his Scyther greeted him.

"Scy ... ther!" Plague called out, warming up his flight muscles.

"Glad to see you buddy." Rayne smiled, extending his fist, Plague in turn extended his scythe until they made contact. "Listen Plague, this is what I need you to do. Fly up above the canopy, find me the middle of the forest. There may or may not be a house there. In either case, I need the center of the forest, because that's where we're going. Think you can do that for me?" Rayne's plan was to use his Scyther as a sort of biological GPS; he would periodically send him above the canopy to ensure his bearings were right, adjusting his path if they got off course.

"Alright, you got it Plague. Use Agility to speed up the process, zip around the forest quickly until you find the center. Let Drought know if you spot any houses or anything else odd you see when you come back. I'll explain everything to you then." Plague nodded his agreement, and with a flurry of wing beats zipped off, crashing through the forest roof.

Lacrima Castle

Rosalina Forest

Dark Fire
    Things certainly have not begun on a bright start to say the least, as you spend time evaluating the situation at hand. Determining to seek out the cause of everything as indicated by the woman's final words, you release another of your trusted friends onto the scene. Not sorry to have a chance to stretch his wings, Plague zips about for a few moments before receiving your orders, soaring through the matrix of trees above you with a determined cry. <I've got a lock on his positioning,> Drought soon informs. <He seems to be headed towards our right, although I can't say for sure if he's sighted the house we're looking for. From what I can read, it's in what appears to be a clearing ahead.> With little more ado, Drought bounds ahead on her graceful paws, leaving you to run quickly behind her as your Pokémon lead the way.

Barely maintaining a steady gait, you find yourself struggling between catching up to Drought while keeping a sharp eye for the masses of roots and branches in your way, bits of bark snapping across you every now and then and leaving faint scars of friction burn across your skin -- a rather demanding task in itself, as Drought's lit tails flicker as she runs. None of her familiar sarcasm or wit seems to be present, you find, or did the woman's death affect your Ninetales as well? She certainly seemed a little shaken when she presented her analysis earlier...

"SCYTHER!" "HON-KROW!"

<Look out!> Suddenly bounding against you, Drought pushes you away as Plague suddenly comes crashing through the canopy; a dark shape above him piledriving him into the ground. Picking himself up and shaking off clods of dirt, Plague screeches at his cackling assailant; a confirmation with the PokéDex states the enemy as a Honchkrow. A snarl rips from Drought's lips, before she instantly launches a series of fireballs from the tip of her tails, scorching a tree some distance away and instantly incinerating it into bits; as it crumbles you see a purple figure rip from the debris, forming into a Haunter with a most maniacal expression on its face.

<Be careful. I'm sensing similar energy from these two as I did from the woman. I can't tell if they're actually alive or dead, but there's definitely something there... something far more ominous.> Pawing the ground, Drought takes her place alongside Plague, swishing his claws angrily as the enemies leer eerily at the three of you.

What will you do now?

Nelde Ruins

Wiese Forest

Excessive Spare Time
    "Direction... four symbols... oh, now I remember why this seemed so niggling." Experiencing a distinct breakthrough, Duessel taps his forehead with a prodigious look on his face, before pointing to each of the Pokémon much to your bewilderment. "The four symbols referred to four deities that were said to oversee the four cardinal directions. A large turtle overlooked North, a white tiger for West, a vermillion bird for South and a green dragon for East. Matching that to what you just said... it must mean we should be travelling... ah, now I remember. I thought I had been going away from the sun on my first journey instead of towards it when it was the other way round, THEN travelled away; no wonder things felt like they didn't add up. We should be travelling west this time." Reflexively, you feel an expression of mild annoyance creep along your face as Duessel grins sheepishly, "Guess 45 years of solitude really do a number on your memory, eh?"

A packing of supplies, and some well wishes shared later, you find yourself trekking besides Duessel and Cormag; the two of your new acquaintances appearing to have a spring in their step at prospects of finally leaving this forest, while you admittedly can't share similar sentiments. How long would it be before Duessel turned on you, as many others did before?

"Aha, here we go." Suddenly startled by Duessel's declaration, you stop with your Pokémon to see a sturdy, yet certainly aged sign ahead of you, but you already know what the sign says from what Duessel copied. "Any idea how we should go forward?"

You now have enough information in order to go according to what the seasons and clues tell you, but a wrong calculation would certainly leave you no better off, if not worse, than when you begun... What will you choose to do now?

Tetyth City

Tetyth Lake

Cod of War
    The notion of being jellyfish chow suddenly becoming very real, you cry out defensive manoeuvres to Wraith who is only too happy to oblige. With natural knowledge of the attack in question your Swampert quickly kicks in his Protect, forming an impenetrable bubble that swiftly expands outwards, pushing away the crushing tentacles as you earlier hoped. Screechingly Tentacruel tries pushing its Wrap further, but it soon becomes clear that Wraith's stance is stronger and the swarm of tendrils is violently launched backwards as the barrier fades. Flailing from the removal of suspension Wraith lunges for a Body Slam, ramming valiantly into Tentacruel, and for a while the fact that Wraith appears a distance away from you eludes your senses. All too soon, with a splash into the lake water, you realise that your plan had a slight though crucial miscalculation: the strangled position in which you were pressed against Wraith and the force of being wrenched free separated you from your Swampert, leaving you to struggle against powerful currents and the remaining horde of tentacles.

Now with a hefty, fully evolved enemy at its face, Tentacruel appears to withdraw its limbs to counterattack, but the rest of the details escapes you as your muscles fail to prevail against the tide, dragging you below the surface. Pain wracks your chest as you try desperately to stay alive and afloat; the only images reaching your brain in blurs and a mixture of shrieking and roaring alongside the medley of froth and bubbles all around you...

"He's awake! Oh, thank goodness!" "Admittedly so. I had not expected him to survive, though I am still of the opinion that he was very foolish."

What had happened? You're not sure what had happened after you went under, but as it is you feel pretty weightless even now. Raising a hand you're startled to see a strange, pulsing barrier around it, patterned with gleaming refraction of light. A gasp rises from your throat, soon followed by another as you see bubbles issuing from your mouth, and after some flailing and looking about you've ascertained that somehow, one way or another, you've survived the Tentacruel onslaught and now lie on what seems to be a marbled surface, having magically gained the power to breathe and move freely underwater, all without getting wet.

"If you've quite finished ogling," mutters the gruff male voice you'd just heard, and looking ahead of you you're stunned to see a barechested male, joined by a smiling woman wearing a glimmering tank top, but what has you thoroughly baffled is how they appear to be perfectly fine with no underwater breathing equipment. Peering downwards, you almost start backpedalling when you notice that where human legs should have been, the man has a bulky tail and flippers with a belt of what seems to be ice at his waist, while the woman has a blue and white lower body with a peculiar bubble design, and a bobbing orb at the end of a zigzagging tail.

"I know, I know. Intriguing, isn't it?" grins the woman, and proving her point she paddles over to you and performs a few graceful circles. "Welcome to the depths of Tetyth Lake, stranger."

"She's the one you have to thank for the bubble barrier. Standard Azumarill ability," explains the man curtly, in a manner much like someone describing ordinary weather. "Rather foolhardy of you, though, to have entered the lake like that. Few people these days would dare to brave the ferocious Pokémon that live in higher waters, but in the first place we don't see many people headed for Tetyth. The city's curse takes those that escape the floodwater's grasp; only us Aquafolk have a chance of surviving out here." Extending a hand, the half-Walrein man gazes down at you, apparently in greeting while trying to figure you out.

"Eriden. And she's Seroba. Who might you be?"

Blog Entries

Nelde Ruins

Wiese Forest

Excessive Spare Time
    "Direction... four symbols... oh, now I remember why this seemed so niggling." Experiencing a distinct breakthrough, Duessel taps his forehead with a prodigious look on his face, before pointing to each of the Pokémon much to your bewilderment. "The four symbols referred to four deities that were said to oversee the four cardinal directions. A large turtle overlooked North, a white tiger for West, a vermillion bird for South and a green dragon for East. Matching that to what you just said... it must mean we should be travelling... ah, now I remember. I thought I had been going away from the sun on my first journey instead of towards it when it was the other way round, THEN travelled away; no wonder things felt like they didn't add up. We should be travelling west this time." Reflexively, you feel an expression of mild annoyance creep along your face as Duessel grins sheepishly, "Guess 45 years of solitude really do a number on your memory, eh?"

A packing of supplies, and some well wishes shared later, you find yourself trekking besides Duessel and Cormag; the two of your new acquaintances appearing to have a spring in their step at prospects of finally leaving this forest, while you admittedly can't share similar sentiments. How long would it be before Duessel turned on you, as many others did before?

"Aha, here we go." Suddenly startled by Duessel's declaration, you stop with your Pokémon to see a sturdy, yet certainly aged sign ahead of you, but you already know what the sign says from what Duessel copied. "Any idea how we should go forward?"

You now have enough information in order to go according to what the seasons and clues tell you, but a wrong calculation would certainly leave you no better off, if not worse, than when you begun... What will you choose to do now?
    The girl was not as annoyed at Duessel's error as she was for forgetting the four dieties. At the research center of the Ruins of Alph, they were quite visibly displayed on an old map. She often wondered what happened to that place. Anyway, just for good measure, she drew a few more markings in the dirt. IN SPRING=GO EAST. IN SUMMER=GO SOUTH. IN AUTUMN=GO WEST. IN WINTER=GO NORTH. She also sketched SUMMER TO WINTER TO SPRING TO FALL. "Time passes in cycles... cyclic time." She drew a circle in the ground with a stick. At the top she put SPRING, at the right she put SUMMER, the bottom FALL, the left, WINTER. She studied this and came up with a plan. She drew a straight line from FALL to SUMMER, and from there to WINTER, from right to left across the circle. From there, she drew a line to SPRING, and another to FALL, top-down. "I think I have us our way out, Mr. Duessel." She showed Duessel the circle, retracing the path her stick had followed. "The time here is based loosely on that which appears on a clock. So if we go east, counter-clockwise, we'll go back one season. Then we go west, across the face of the clock, going straight to summer and skipping spring. From there, we go north, clockwise, bringing us up one season, then south, down the face of the clock, going right to fall without going through summer. Simply put..." She drew the directions in the dirt: E,W,S,N
    Last edited by King of the Loony Bin; 20th November 2009 at 12:43 AM.
    Fizzy Bubbles

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast