The Cloud Garden Recorded History - Page 7

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 121

Thread: The Cloud Garden Recorded History

  1. #91
    Aww, Innit cute? Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    You gotta hate it when people put crappy jokes here!
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Jelly: Deciding to go with a more defensive strategy, Aron Hardens himself, his metallic body glowing white for a moment before it fades, leaving his exoskeleton harder and tougher than normal. Rattata eyes him warily, it’s little mind turning over as it tries to figure out a way past Aron’s increased defences. This is one clever little rodent however, and it isn’t about to let a tough armor-plated foe get the better of it. Rattata lunges for Aron, twisting its body in mid-air and striking Aron, once again, across his eyes, the one place where his hardened shell cannot protect him. Aron’s eyes begin watering profusely, the stinging sensation blinding him. Rapidly blinking away the tears, he tries to hone in on Rattata’s location but finds himself Tail Whipped by the pesky little critter once more before he can focus. Rather than tiring, Rattata appears to be enjoying this little game it has going, and you could swear it’s smirking at you which makes you only more determined to defeat it. Realising this defensive strategy isn’t exactly helping him, Aron then attempts to perform a Fury Cutter, lashing out in the direction he last felt Rattata attack, and through sheer luck gets in two good slashes for moderate damage to the little rat before Rattata retaliates with Quick Attack, knocking Aron off-balance and so ending his assault. Incensed, Aron retaliates with Mud-slap, but with this being such an arid area there is no available mud for him to use and so instead kicks up as much dirt and loose gravel as he can, letting it fly in Rattata’s general direction. Rattata takes a faceful of dirt and now finds its own eyes watering and it begins rubbing at its eyes, trying to get rid of the foreign material causing them to sting. What would you like to do now?
    Jelly stared at Aron and it rubbed the watery tears from his eyes.

    "Aron, It looks like Offensive and Defensive are not going to work in this battle. We need a new tactic... What haven't we tried? This rat is too strong for Defensive tactics... perhaps another lot of Offensive? Aron, use Headbutt! It is proberly going to dodge that, so after that Quickly use a Metal Claw! Then, if it is weak, Preform a Fury Cutter!
    Mood: Happy



    The Steel Fan


    Gelée, Gelee, figure out what they both mean and send a PM to me

  2. #92
    黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    13,153
    Blog Entries
    63
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Archaic: Listening to you insult him further, Treecko doesn’t even attempt to look for a way out of this battle which seems so unlike him, he simply stares at your back while you feed Omekekashi some candies, your words spinning around in his head. When Omekekashi is finally ready and you return your attention to him, Treecko’s entire demeanour appears to have changed. He’s standing tall and gazing back at you with pure loathing in his eyes. Informing him to at least try to make this a decent training session for Omekekashi, Treecko’s eyes glint with a hint of menace you had never seen there before and for the first time you have to wonder if you may have misjudged him. Treecko meets your gaze steadily and nods his head, the movement so small that you wonder if he’d even made it at all. “You shall learn” he says, before turning to face Omekekashi.

    Relaying your instructions to Omekekashi, you stand back and watch as the two Pokémon face off, intrigued by Treecko’s sudden change in temperament. Rather than being the coward you thought him to be, Treecko appears to be wanting this battle, the expression on his face one of pure confidence. He stands his ground, apparently waiting for Omekekashi to make the first move, and when she does come charging for him Treecko simply stands there until she is barely two feet away. Suddenly he springs into motion, leaping into the air as Omekekashi moves closer. She doesn’t have time to slow her pace as she comes closer to the spot Treecko was standing only a moment before, and as she nears the now empty space Treecko spins in mid-air before coming back down inches in front of Omekekashi, his tail swinging around so quickly that you can barely see it. You do hear the thud however, as it Pounds hard into Omekekashi’s face before she even has an opportunity to get in her first hit. Omekekashi is sent reeling backward to land on her rear several paces away while Treecko lands lightly on the ground, not even having broken a sweat. He glances at you briefly, the smirk on his face unmistakable, before turning his gaze back to Omekekashi who is shaking her head vigorously, temporarily stunned by the blinding pain caused by Treecko’s attack...
    Mamoru bursts out into delighted laughter.
    "So you have some fighting spirit after all. You just needed to be put in the right situation first to draw it out. Good, good...you'll make a worthy member of my squad yet."

    In front of him, Omekekashi shakes her head a few more times and blinks, before opening her mouth and grinning like a madwoman. Finally, someone worth fighting...

    "I can tell Omekekashi's pleased too. It's been far too long since she's had a decent challenge. Very well then Treeko. You wanted us to take you seriously, and now we shall! Omekekashi, let's allow Treeko to make the first move this time. No point letting him turn your own strength and momentum against you. Give him a good Tackle once you find an opening. I want him pinned to the ground, and unable to move."

    Omekekashi's grin turns to a smirk, as she strikes a pose, making a come hither gesture towards Treeko. She wouldn't make the mistake of underestimating this little Grass type again...

  3. #93
    S_M
    S_M is offline
    SM sez hi. :O
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guess.
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Some people are not using the magic button :/

    Also, just an advance warning, I’ll be quitting updating as soon as UPN’s Campaign is finished. I'll finish off my original groups storylines who transferred from UPN (and Archaic's) because I'd like to see them through to the end, I've restarted one of you because there's no way I can finish your story over the next couple of months, and all others will eventually be picked up by other ZA's over in UPN's Cloud Garden.


    :( Aw...

    Shiny Magneton: Wondering what to do due to this unexpected turn of events, you know you can’t move away from the area without being seen as it is far too open and so you discreetly drop Swellow’s Pokéball to the ground behind you. Whispering your instructions, Swellow nods and streaks off into the distance. Due to her rather colourful plumes, the Rocket’s notice her flying away and laugh.

    “You can’t send for help!” the one who appears to be the higher ranking of the two calls out. “This mountain will be nothing but a pile of rubble by the time anyone arrives and don’t think we won’t destroy it if you don’t leave! That cave-in five years ago didn’t happen by itself. You people and your stupid Pokémon wandering over our land had to be stopped but you wouldn’t go away would you? You had to stay and work on clearing it out so we put another obstacle in your wa..” but at that moment, Swellow swoops in from behind after having circled around the area, flying right through the middle of both men, grasping the detonator in her claws as she zooms past. The Rockets are so shocked by her appearance that they lose their footing, one tumbling down the mountainside while the other scrambles back to his feet, barely managing to save himself from falling after his comrade. Enraged, he turns and shakes his fist, his face red with anger. “You’ll pay for this! Team Rocket ALWAYS wins!” he yells, before darting off in the opposite direction and out of sight.

    You stare after him for a moment, completely dumbstruck by the sheer idiocy of these two humans, while Mike and the others rush over to the Rocket member who had fallen down the mountainside, the one who had been holding the detonator. Following, you arrive on the scene to find them dragging him to his feet. He appears to be a little shaken, covered in bruises and tiny cuts from the fall, but otherwise perfectly ok.

    “Right,” Mike says, the anger in his voice unmasked. “You have some questions to answer buddy!” to which the Rocket member simply sneers. “I ain’t tellin’ you nuffin’” before spitting onto Mike’s shoes. Mike and two of the other Forest Rangers immediately escort him to one of the tents for what you assume to be an interrogation, leaving you behind to wonder what to do with yourself. You consider going over to the medical tent to check up on Snorlax and Bulbasaur, but right at that moment the two Machoke who had been clearing the tunnel come running out trying to capture the attention of anyone who will listen. It appears they’ve found something... What will you do?
    As Swellow turns and flies, Stephen has to actually bite the inside of his mouth just to keep from busting out laughing upon the Rocket's reaction, and gulps before shouting "Darn!"

    However, smirking, Stephen bursts out laughing as he sees the reaction the Rockets have as Swellow comes up behind them, causing one to lose his balance, and fall, rolling over the rocky mountainside, as Swellow flies overhead with the detonator grasped firmly in her claws.

    However, as the other shouts something, they turn and run away. However, as Mike and other Forest Rangers drag the Rocket that didn't get away into a tent, Stephen looks around, as Swellow circles and lands on his shoulder. Thinking, Stephen says quietly to himself, "Well, we can go to the Medical Tent to see what's up with Bulbasaur and Snorlax...Or maybe we could-"

    Suddenly, two Machamp, which Stephen recognizes as the ones that were clearing the rubble, run out of the tunnel, their hands waving rapidly as they attempt to get attention from anyone that would listen. Stephen quickly runs up to them, before saying "What's wrong?", in a calm, but slightly afraid manner.

  4. #94
    Waffle status= Roffled Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress

    MYSTERY ISLAND
    Arn: Gary looks at you thoughtfully for a few moments, his mind spinning with possibilities. “I do have one Pokémon who could Teleport into the prison and then back out again, but I’m not comfortable with risking her safety by allowing her to leave the ranch where she may be seen. If her existence is discovered, she’ll be at risk just like all of the other Psychic Pokémon.”

    While you walk, Gary appears to be leading you toward a large barn to the right of the main house as he continues talking. “Tauros is a good Pokémon. It’s fast, but if you’re discovered you’ll need to be able to outrun your pursuers as quickly as possible, and preferably making very little noise, but I have just the thing for that which will also take care of the problem of you and Faith needing separate steeds for transportation.” Finally reaching the barn doors, he swings them open and motions for you to follow him inside. “This,” he says, with a sweeping gesture of his arms, “is where we will hide Faith until the uproar following her escape settles. When the time is right, she will be able to travel and get as far away from here as possible.”

    You look around the barn in disbelief wondering if Gary could possibly be having you on. The barn is large and has several stalls for horses. There are ladders leading to an upper level of the barn where various supplies are stored, but there is no way on God’s earth that you could hide a person in here if someone were to come looking. Gary is aware of the thoughts running through your head and smiles knowingly. “It’s alright,” he says, I know what you’re thinking, but I know what I’m doing.” Leading you to the farthest stall at the back, right-hand side of the barn, he slides a large barrel to the side to reveal nothing more than a small coil of rope. You can’t help but wonder if Gary is slightly insane right now, but a moment later when he bends down and tugs on the rope to reveal a trap-door cleverly concealed in the floor opening wide, you grin widely, thinking this to be a brilliant plan. “Follow me,” he says, descending a small ladder before disappearing into darkness.

    A minute later you find yourself standing in near pitch darkness. You can make out nothing at all from the thin film of light filtering through from the open trap-door above, but then Gary lights a lamp which relieves the darkness, casting a dim glow across a small room, about 10ft x 10ft and a little over 6ft high. It’s small, and it’s clear that nobody could live down here for an extended period of time, but it is very well hidden and has a pile of soft blankets stored in one corner for a person to sleep should it be necessary. One wall has some makeshift shelves upon which are stored various kinds of non-perishable foods in case of emergency and you nod approvingly, knowing this little hideout could be Faith’s only chance of survival.

    “This is where Faith can hide if anyone searches the ranch. It’s safe,” Gary says with determined certainty, his tone of voice causing you to glance in his direction, making you wonder yet again why he would go to so much trouble to hide Faith when he could lose everything if she’s discovered on his ranch. “I know she won’t be found here, so she’ll be safe until it’s time for her to travel.”

    Ten minutes later you and Gary are standing outside of the Barn. He turns to you, a serious expression on his face. “I have the transport you and faith will need,” he says, before lifting his fingers to his lips, turning his face toward the sky and releasing the strangest whistling sound you have ever heard. It sounds more like a bird call than a whistle, and a few moments later a beautiful blue bird Pokémon, it’s body surrounded with a cottony, cloud-like aura, descends from the sky to land elegantly beside Gary, it’s graceful neck reaching forward so that it may gently nuzzle Gary’s face in greeting. Smiling, Gary gently stokes the bird’s silky feathers, affectionately welcoming it’s arrival.
    “This,” he says, turning his gaze back to you, “is a very special friend of mine. And this,” he continues, reaching into the cloud covering the bird’s chest and gently unlatching a Pokéball cleverly hidden from view while being safely secured to the bird’s body, “is my best friend in the world.” Triggering the release mechanism on the Pokéball, you see a bright flash of light before it fades to reveal a Kadabra standing in front of you, clearly very happy to see Gary, but eyeing you with an expression of fear mixed with a hint of curiosity.

    Your reaction?

    Following Gary into the Barn he slowly gazes around the area, wondering what this secret hiding place is supposed to be and wondering how the hell anyone can hide in here, they'd be found with ease, as gary Stops in the middle of the Barn he also takes suite and stops wondering waht is going on he watches carefully as Gary walks over to a barrel and moves it to the side, kneeling down as he opens up a secret compartment in the ground, looking in shock and amazment he smiles as gary tells him all about it.

    "Damn, I never even knew secret compartments existed liek this, only see them in movies, but you got it all palnned out quickly, I like the Hideout, should keep faith safe until everything all blows over, and I hope thats quickly."

    As he asks about the Pokemon Gary has that could come in handy he follows him once again as he clsoes the compartment up and walks out of the barn, catching p to him he stops at the side of him as he starts to make a strange whistle into the sky above, looking up he looks at the Cloudy sky, not seeing anything happening until one of the clouds catches his eye as it starts to move out of sync with the clouds around it and all of a sudden coming closer and closer to the ground, covering his face as dust blows right at him he gives his eyes a rub as a figure of a sky Blue pokemon stands in front of him, the beautiful looking Alteria perching in front of him as he watches GHary lift a Pokeball out of it's cloudy wing, opening it up and releasing a Kadavra, as he listens to Garys tale of the two pokemon he nods and smiles knowing that the plan he has in mind shuold turn out brilliantly if all goes to plan.

    "Ok, Now we have transport, Kadabra and the hideout my paln is this, When the clock strikes midnight we should move out, everyone should be asleep at that time so we've got less chance of being caught, when we get to the Jail, we want to be going from behind outside of Faiths cell when I'll call for help from Bulbasaur, could kadabra Teleport her inside and hold his breath whiel she releases a sleep powder to make any person outside of the cell drop off, after that kadabara can Teleport Faith and Bulbasaur back out and we can mount up onPonyta and I can jump on Tauros and we can come back to the ranch to hide out until everything blows over."

  5. #95
    Legendary Hero KoalaDevourer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On a path of trouble (for others) and fun (for me).
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    RAINBOW WATERFALLS
    Loki: Obviously finding the presence of a Dunsparce who will supposedly impart justice upon them not only highly amusing, but also completely absurd, the two thieves burst into laughter. Even Mike has a questioning expression upon his face, but he simply shrugs to himself, deciding to trust your judgement. Planning out how you are going to approach this battle, Mike nods his understanding of his role, and immediately instructs Blaziken to move in on Nidorino and Tentacool.

    Dunsparce meanwhile, is itching to show these two goons exactly what he is capable of and Glares at Kadabra while a dark veil of energy forms around him. With Kadabra held firmly in place for a few seconds, Dunsparce strikes quickly with Pursuit. Kadabra attempts to retaliate with a Confusion but the dark energy from Dunsparce’s Pursuit is protecting him from being affected. Dunsparce then decides to unleash his anger upon Kadabra, attacking with a barrage of powerful close-range attacks, anything and everything he has learned and used during his lifetime in a vicious Rage-filled assault upon the psychic type who falls, KO’d, in a matter of moments. Level up for Dunsparce.

    While Dunsparce is dealing with Kadabra, Salamence uses her dexterity to move in on Raichu with Aerial Ace before swiping it in the head with Dragon Claw. Raichu falls to it’s knees, taking heavy damage. Attempting to get even with a Thunderbolt, the attack does little to Salamence who quickly finishes off the electric rat with Double-Edge. Level up for Salamence.

    With both of your Pokémon having taken down their respective foes, you look over to see how Mike is doing just in time to witness Blaziken deal the final blow to both Tentacool and Nidorino with one highly powered Flamethrower. God only knows what else he’d done to the two of them while you were watching your own Pokémon battle, but both of them fall under the final assault, Tentacool sitting on the floor in a shrivelled ball beside the defeated Nidorino.

    The thieves are so shocked by their defeat that it takes them a moment to comprehend exactly what has happened here, but when they do they don’t even stop to collect their fallen Pokémon, they just RUN!

    “Grrrrrrr!” Mike yells in frustration. “They’re going for help! We’re not going to find anything else in here, we have to follow them!” And returning Blaze he races down the hallway the thieves had fled through calling over his shoulder, “Get your Gyarados before you lose him again! I’ll find out where those two are going and come back for you!”
    Salamence and Dunsparce wipe out their unworthy opponent with ease. "Nice work you two!"

    Utterly defeated, the theives do the cowardly thing: make a run for it. Mike quickly runs off, chasing after the villians. Loki shouts out, "Hey! We shouldn't get... seperated."

    It was too late, Mike was already in hot pursuit. "Dammit, he might walk into a trap. I better hurry before he gets himself in trouble."

    While Loki knew he could most likely take care of himself under normal circumstances, he knew that any honorable person could lose to underhanded tactics.

    Loki quickly runs over to Gyarados and returns her to her Pokeball. "Sorry it took so long. I promise they won't go unpunished."

    Loki then scoops Dunsparce under his arm and returns Salamence to her Pokeball before chasing after both his enemies and his ally, in hopes to see Mike okay.

  6. #96
    How's THAT for java. Radical_Edward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Some people are not using the magic button :/

    Also, just an advance warning, I’ll be quitting updating as soon as UPN’s Campaign is finished. I'll finish off my original groups storylines who transferred from UPN (and Archaic's) because I'd like to see them through to the end, I've restarted one of you because there's no way I can finish your story over the next couple of months, and all others will eventually be picked up by other ZA's over in UPN's Cloud Garden.



    DELIBIRD RIDGE
    Radical Edward: Deciding to go for a more strategic style of battle, you return Dyrim who shoots you an insulted glare before he vanishes inside his Pokéball. Calling out Bast, your little kitty cat quickly takes in the scene and sits silently by your side, her sharp feline eyes never leaving Gengar’s. Relaying your instructions, Bast nods, understanding what you want of her and then begins to release a soft, melodious tune, her beautiful Singing voice intensified by the confines of the chamber.

    Gengar is quick to react, wanting to put a stop to Basts singing as quickly as possible and sends a Confuse Ray darting across the room. The faint blue beam of psychic energy strikes Bast in the chest, the attack having its desired effect. Bast stops singing, winded from the hit, but fortunately evades the confusing side-effects this attack is sometimes known to cause. Gengar however, is looking a little drowsy. It appears Basts Sing had some effect on it after all. What will you do now?
    "Alright, m'gelly,your doing fine." Ben ,mutters to Bast, hoping to encourage her.

    "now, while this ghostie is dazed from your singing, try another sing to put it all the way to sleep.If he does fall asleep, Calm your Mind, than hit it with a Dream Eater. if it doesnt, it should be even more tipsy than it is now, so hit it with a bite or two.
    .::EffBee::.
    Regi||P.C.

  7. #97
    May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Bark Town, England
    Posts
    6,077
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress

    RAINBOW ROAD
    FabuVinny: Mary quickly helps to relieve you from the paralysing effects of Paras’ Stun Spore before she turns on the little mushroom Pokémon, ready to slash it to ribbons. However, she wisely takes your advice, setting up a Safeguard before moving in to attack.

    Now feeling relatively safe from being effected by Paras’ Stun Spore, Mary runs straight toward it for a Tackle, but the little buggy is waiting for her and tries to Scratch her on the nose. Unfortunately for Paras, Mary is protected by her Safeguard and she crashes into the tiny mushroom, her body weight pinning it beneath her as she skids to a halt. Paras struggles to free itself from beneath her, attempting to give her another Scratch for good measure but, still protected, Mary takes no damage and turns, lunging at it with Body Slam, ramming herself into Paras as hard as she can. Paras takes a tumble, falling head over heels along the ground before coming to a rather unceremonious halt in the dirt a few feet away. Regaining its feet, Paras turns and glares at Mary, furious for the humiliation it has suffered during this first round of battle. What will you do now?

    Vincent surveys the situation.
    "Uh, oh. It doesn't look very happy. Let's try using Flash to lower its accuracy."
    "Wouldn't that make it even less happy?"
    "Yeah, but it has less chance of hitting you. Follow up with another Tackle and Body Slam."

  8. #98
    green jeans ades's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pacific
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I was away from the computer this week, meaning I didn't have a chance to put Onix in the Move Tutor. I'll do that next week. In the mean time...

    COMET’S CORNER
    ades: I would strongly advise teaching Water some Egg/MT/HM moves or your battles are going to become very tedious, very quickly. It’s just a suggestion...

    Water may have the size and strength advantage over Growlithe, but this little pup is quick - and smart. It was going to take more than a big old rock snake to bring this little one down, a fact you realise very quickly. Instructing Water to use Tackle, he takes advantage of his close proximity to Growlithe and swings the front of his massive body to the side, ramming heavily into Growlithe who yelps in agony and is tossed clear across the field. Growlithe quickly recovers his feet and you soon discover another little trick this one has up his sleeve as he unleashes a powerful stream of flames which streak across the field and engulf Water. Growlithe dashes forward, his movement slightly hindered by the pain caused from the blow from Water’s Tackle, but his Fire Spin has bought him a few seconds and when he is a few feet away, Growlithe releases an Ember into the flames, effectively boosting it’s power before standing back to watch and contemplate his next move as the spiralling fiery tornado flares up brilliantly with Water trapped inside
    .
    John watched, stunned as the Growlithe let loose a raging torrent of flames upon Water, who was helpless to resist the whirling vortex. The spinning of the Fire Spin, for that was what it was, was sucking in huge amounts of air to feed the tower of flames. It sounded like a huge vacuum cleaner.
    John couldn't see Water behind the flames but he could imagine Onix was in a serious world of hurt. There was only one thing to do: get him out of the Fire Spin.

    "WATER! TACKLE THE WALLS OF THE FIRE SPIN!" John shouted as loudly as he could over the noise, hoping Water could hear him. But even as he did, John's mind was wandering to what his next orders would be. Even if Onix escaped, Growlithe could just create another Fire Spin and again and again.
    There had to be a way to negate Growlithe's advantage in speed.

    And then John thought back to Water's previous attack, when he had smashed upon Growlithe. The opponent pokemon wasn't so tough then, when he had an Onix bearing down upon him. In fact, he couldn't fire a single shot until after the Tackle had been completed. Maybe that was the key? Run the Growlithe so hard that he had no time to attack back?

  9. #99
    Fizzy Bubble Member Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    COMET’S CORNER
    Wayne: The young man’s curious expression peaks even more at the mention of a piece of paper Togepi had given you, but he politely restrains himself from asking, instead choosing to hear you out completely before responding.

    “I’m Dean,” he replies with a friendly smile, extending his hand in response to your introduction, “and these are my friends Jenny and Maxi” he continues, gesturing toward Fearow and Totodile respectively. Jenny simply ruffles her feathers before returning her gaze back onto the wide expanse of Comet’s Corner, her Keen Eyes searching for any signs of trouble, while Maxi hops up and down excitedly, pleased he has been introduced. Togepi immediately squeals in delight, pleased to have found someone who is a friend, its excitement rubbing off on Maxi who begins hopping about more vigorously, eager to play with both Togepi and Bulbasaur.

    Dean chuckles at Maxi’s antics before he continues speaking. “We come from a settlement not far from here. Not much is known about Comet’s Corner so various colonies have been set up all over the area, each specializing in different scientific studies. The settlement I’m from concentrates on botanical life and we have found some amazing specimens which I’m sure your little friend here will love.” Reaching out, he gives Bulbasaur an affectionate scratch on the head earning him an instant smile from the little grass type.

    “The Cawley’s however,” Dean continues, his expression turning dark, “are trouble. They’re a family of thieves and scoundrels. Brothers, sisters, cousins, several generations of them all living together on a ranch they’ve built not far from here. They’re greedy little parasites and are responsible for many attacks upon defenceless travellers as well as upon the different settlements scattered across the area. They’ll steal anything they think can fetch them a few dollars so when we saw them surrounding you we figured they were at it again.”

    His expression turning thoughtful, Dean looks back at Togepi who is smiling and chattering happily to Maxi and Bulbasaur. “You said Togepi gave you a piece of paper?” he asks. “We have a lab back at the colony. The Professor who runs the place is well versed in several different ancient scriptures. If you’re interested, you can return with us to see if there is anything he can do to help.”

    Your reaction?
    After the brief introduction of Dean and his pokémon Wayne suddenly felt the cute egg like pokémon’s suddenly turn happier because of the new friendly people. Wayne happily looked at Maxi, who really seemed eager to play with Togepi and Bulbasaur. After hearing the little explanation of where Dean is from Wayne quickly turned more serious as soon as he heard the Cawley’s name. As Wayne heard more about the Cawley’s Wayne’s anger began to grow toward them. He then started to think to himself, “How can there be people that are so immoral like that to treat travelers like that…”

    Wayne then turned back to look at the Togepi, Bulba and Maxi. Dean then started to speak again., “You said Togepi gave you a piece of paper?” he asked. “We have a lab back at the colony. The Professor who runs the place is well versed in several different ancient scriptures. If you’re interested, you can return with us to see if there is anything he can do to help.” Wayne quickly started to respond to Dean’s question and then took out the piece of paper. “Yeah this is the piece of paper Togepi gave me to look at it. I would really appreciate it if you could take me to the lab in the colony to examine this. I’m really interested in this little pokémon past if it is on this paper and maybe this has more information like where it came from and where it is suppose to go. Thank you so much for helping us again. You lead the way and I’ll follow. If you want we can go flying to it.” Wayne then took a pokéball from his belt and then threw it in the air but not before pressing the opening mechanism. A orange dragon like creature then appeared in front of him. Taking an empty pokéball from his belt Wayne then returned his grass dinosaur to it’s pokéball. “Heyt Charizard this is Dean, Maxi, Jenny and Togepi.” Wayne then started to get Charizard’s attention, “We are going to follow Jenny and Dean to their town so that we can get this parchment of paper deciphered if we can. Anyway I’m ready when you are Dean.”

  10. #100
    *fistshake!* Jax Malcolm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Just at the edge of Stardust Fields, a short red-head attempted to leap like an astronaut on the moon while a Venonat desperately tried to keep up with her. The leaping wasn't unusual behavior for Jax. She always lapsed into quirky moments such as this for no other reason than "sheer boredom." Such was the case now. Though she knew it wasn't exactly the moon, she figured it was the closest she could get.

    Actually, it wasn't, but no one was about to tell her that.

    With a frown, she stopped and let her gaze pass through the lenses of her glasses and to the horizon, but all she could see was... field. Lots and lots of field. Occasionally, a slight zephyr would blow past without interrupting so much as a blade.

    With a frustrated sigh, she kicked out her feet from underneath her and fell backwards hard onto her back. The jolt barely phased her, though. At least she felt something. She put her hands behind her head and stared upward at the clear sky. Briefly, she wondered if shooting herself in the foot would give her some sort of entertainment.

    The Venonat, meanwhile, stood at Jax's head and peered through her glasses. He seemed entertained by the reflection of his large, red eyes, but with a nearly featureless face, Jax couldn't quite tell the difference between the Venonat's happiness and everything else.

    "Nothing yet, Dorian," Jax muttered, addressing the Venonat by name. "Maybe sometime soon."
    Public Service Announcement:
    Warning! Licking Politoed may induce hallucinations.

    The Network RPG
    "It could be worse. We could be MySpace."

    Project: Firefly
    "One part character shrine. One part fanfiction."

  11. #101
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,030

    Default Late and lousy, but here nonetheless...

    STARDUST FIELDS
    Jax Malcolm: While most people tend to enjoy travelling through the vast plains of The Stardust Fields, taking solace in it's peaceful beauty, you only find yourself bored by it. Laying down and staring at the night sky as though waiting for something to happen, you barely even notice as Dorian explores the immediate vicinity and before long you begin drifting off to sleep while continued thoughts of shooting yourself in the foot play through your mind. A short time later however, you could swear blind your dream has come true as you feel a burning sensation shoot through your left toe. Leaping to your feet you almost stumble back onto your rear as the pain you had experienced after putting weight upon your injured foot causes to you quickly readjust your balance. Wondering what the heck is going on, you look around, only to see a little Corphish on the ground in front of you, snapping its little claws menacingly. Glaring at the tiny crustacean you could swear you see a gleeful smirk upon its little face. Your reaction?


    RAINBOW ROAD
    FabuVinny: With Paras staring angrily right at her, Mary releases a bright Flash of light causing the little buggy to blink rapidly while tears stream from it's eyes. Blinded by the light, Paras is temporarily disoriented giving Mary the opportunity she needs to move in with another Tackle. Paras crashes to the ground again, rambling off a string of profanities in bug language. This only amuses you however, as it only helps to prove just how stubborn this little one is, and while it's struggling back to its feet determined to teach Mary a lesson, blinded and cursing up a storm, Mary crushes it with a Body Slam causing an instant KO. Level up for Mary. What would you like to do now?


    CLOUD FOREST
    Shiny Magneton: Quickly approaching the Machoke to see what's wrong, they point toward the tunnel, one of them signalling for you to follow it while the other races off to find Mike. Taking off after it, you are led back into the tunnel to the point where it was blocked before. It is now completely clear and you can see the tunnel getting smaller straight ahead of you from where Bulbasaur and Ariados had entered, but Machoke points to the left where it branches off deeper into the mountainside. It isn't the tunnel itself that has the Mackoke worried however, it's the faint sound of machinery coming from that direction which has drawn it's attention. It takes you a few moments to understand what it's trying to tell you, but you finally realise that it's trying to say Golem had gone down the tunnel to check it out and you have a distinct feeling this is the reason Machoke is all worked up.

    Machoke runs ahead, motioning for you to come and so you follow, not quite sure whether you should be going alone or waiting for Mike to join you, but when Machoke finally stops and points to a huge shattered boulder at the side of the tunnel you feel as though you're about to throw up. That isn't a boulder you're staring at, it's the shattered remains of Golem left strewn along the tunnel and it's clear as day it is not simply KO'd, but very much dead. Your head spins, causing you to feel quite faint, but a sudden noise further down the tunnel snaps you back to attention in a second. Something is down there and whatever it is could be the thing responsible for Golem's demise...


    Archaic: Upon hearing your comment regarding his fighting spirit, Treecko's only reaction appears to be the slight raising of an eyebrow. Seeing this, you have the distinct impression that he's been playing you all this time, awaiting the right opportunity to show you what he's really capable of. The reasoning for this eludes you however, but realising there's more to Treecko than initially met the eye is a curious, yet pleasing surprise.

    Omekekashi is also pleased to find she has a worthy opponent, her initial disappointment at having to battle a supposedly cowardly wood gecko now turning into malicious glee. She is going to enjoy this fight, and smirks insanely, rising to her feet and striking a come hither pose, ready to show what's she's capable of. Treecko stares back at her, his expression unreadable, and you have a sinking feeling this battle isn't going to be as easy for Omekekashi as you had first thought.

    Treecko knows that Omekekashi is going to be wary now but he doesn't appear to be at all deterred by this, playing along with her and making the first move. Darting toward her, Treecko can see Omekekashi is ready, but at the last minute he leaps into the air performing a triple somersault right over her head before twisting in mid-air and swinging his tail around to whack her with another Pound to the head before landing lightly on the ground behind her. Omekekashi's head feels like it's about to burst, but incensed at having been hit twice in a row with the same attack she stands her ground, her sheer stubbornness forcing her not to succumb to the agony tearing through her skull. Turning, she faces Treecko, preparing to Tackle him, but Treecko Leers her down, his stare holding her in place for a moment while a wicked grin spreads across his face. Leaping straight up, Treecko spins like a drill bit, ramming Omekekashi with another Pound, this time in the gut, causing her to fall to her knees, clutching her belly.

    By now it is perfectly clear that Treecko is merely playing with Omekekashi and that if she wants to win this battle, she's going to have to display more nerve than she's ever shown before...


    Solarsaur: Your last update


    MYSTERY ISLAND
    Arn: "Very well then," Gary replies, nodding after you explain your plan. "I think it will be easier for you both to ride Altaria but it's probably best she stays behind. Since you seem to have a decent plan in mind, all we need to do now is wait for nightfall." Turning to Altaria and Kadabra, Gary explains everything that has happened and asks them both to trust you. All three of them seem to understand there is more at stake here than you realise, but for whatever reason, Gary is not willing to share that information with you. Both Pokémon eye you curiously, the intent gazes in their eyes causing you to feel a little nervous, and you can't help but wonder what their secret is.

    Several hours later as you prepare to leave the ranch Gary hands you two Pokéballs, one containing a Rapidash, the other holding Kadabra. "Good luck," he says, his voice low and full of an emotion you can't quite grasp. "Please be very careful with Kayla," he continues, his eyes fixed upon Kadabra's Pokéball. "If she is discovered, they will not stop hunting her until she meets the same fate as every other psychic Pokémon around here." Nodding your understanding, you take the two Pokéballs, climb upon Altaria's back and with one final wave and a promise to Gary that you will be careful, you signal for Altaria to take flight and she immediately stretches out her graceful wings before rising into the moonlit sky and heading straight toward town.

    A short while later Altaria is circling above the town, and with everything appearing to be fairly quiet she quickly descends, wanting to avoid being seen. Landing lightly at the back of Faith's prison cell, Altaria gives a faint chirp, wishing you good luck. Hopping off her back you watch while she looks around quickly before taking flight again and streaking off into the distance. Watching her leave, you soon turn your attention back to the matter at hand - helping Faith escape. Releasing Bulbasaur and Kadabra together, you instruct Bulbasaur to look out for anyone who may be close by, being sure to put them to sleep should they try and stop you while you ask Kadabra to Teleport into the cell, get Faith, and then Teleport out again. Both Pokémon nod their understanding while you walk up to the barred window and peer through to see Faith sitting quietly on the corner of a bed, unable to sleep, her expression completely forlorn as though she has given up all hope.

    Seeing a movement from the corner of her eye, Faith turns her head and looks straight at you, a faint look of recognition in her eyes. "Come for one last gawk before the bonfire 'ave ya luv?" she asks, still with a sense of humour despite her impending death sentence. Shaking your head you explain you're here to rescue her and she simply laughs, a slightly hysterical tone to it, as though your statement is both the strangest and funniest thing she's ever heard. Unfortunately her voice has attracted the attention of the deputy on duty and he approaches her cell, asking what is so funny. Ducking out of sight you hear Faith's voice as she responds to his question. "Just thinkin' about the afterlife," she replies, still laughing. "Heaven is what it is, with all of them psychic Pokémon wandering about. Me with my magic and them with theirs. We're gunna 'ave so much fun!" The deputy's face boils with anger, his face contorted into a gruesome mask of hate and fury. "Shut up WITCH!" he yells. "Those creatures don't go to heaven and neither will you! You're all abominations and will go to HELL!" he then turns around and storms off to the main office, cursing up a storm on his way.

    Faith turns her face back toward you, a wicked grin spread across it. "Doesn't 'ave a funny bone in his body, does he luv?" Rising to her feet, Faith walks over to the window, her face mere inches from yours. "So what do you 'ave in mind? You're not plannin' on bustin' this wall down with those two are ya?" she asks, eyeing Bulbasaur and Kadabra, a hint of curiosity on her face as her eyes move over the psychic Pokémon standing beside you. Quickly explaining your plan, Faith nods. "Sounds solid enough, but you're takin' a risk breakin' me outta here," she replies. "Ya sure ya don't wanna turn 'round and get outta here while ya still can?" she asks, giving you the opportunity to back out while you still can. Shaking your head you inform her that you're determined to go through with this and that nothing will change your mind. Staring deeply into your eyes for a few short moments Faith then smiles. "What are we waitin' for then?" Looking to Kadabra she says, "Come and get me!"

    A few moments later, Faith is standing beside you on the outside of the cells and you quickly release Tauros and Rapidash. Moving to help her up onto her fiery steed you find that she is quite capable of mounting the horse herself and you find yourself impressed. This girl has made quite an impression on you since your first contact with her, and as time passes you're finding yourself more and more drawn to her, wondering what she'll have in store for you next time. With Faith ready to go, you quickly return Bulbasaur and Kadabra before mounting Tauros, and once you're both set, prepare take off into the night. Just as you are about to leave however, you hear shouting and you freeze, thinking you have been discovered. Staying as silent as possible, you listen, your heart beating hard and fast in your chest, when you hear a man run into the Sheriff’s Office. "They're coming!" he yells hysterically. "Two days.. maybe three.. but the Raiders are coming!" You hear silence for a moment before the deputy responds. "Are you sure about this son?" he asks, the first voice replying, "Yes sir. They're on their way."

    You have no idea what any of this could mean, but when you look at Faith, her face appears to have been drained of all colour. "We 'ave to get outta here. Now!" and before you can question her as to what the hurry is, she's taken off into the night, giving you no choice but to follow. Finally catching up with her a couple of miles out of town, you lead her back to the ranch. She's quiet, her previous good mood now darkened, and you wonder again who or what the "Raiders" are, and why hearing they are coming has affected her in this way. Upon your arrival, Gary immediately leads Faith to the room beneath the barn, making her comfortable and advising her to rest before the three of you talk in the morning. When he returns, he silently begins tending to Rapidash. "What happened out there?" he asks, a distinct note of concern in his voice, though he is trying not to show how worried he is. "She's scared half out of her mind and mumbling something about being destroyed. "[/i]They'll kill us all.[/i] That's what she's saying over and over again. Did somebody see you after you helped her escape? Do they know she's here?"



    COMET’S CORNER
    ades: With your mind spinning, you try to think of the best way to handle the remainder of this battle. Growlithe has already proven he's a tougher than expected opponent and you can now understand how it is that Malcolm has won his matches to date - he's training his Pokémon well and Growlithe is no exception. You're eager to prove your own worth as a trainer however, and this battle is your chance to do so. Knowing Water needs to escape the Fire Spin in order to do any real damage to Growlithe, you order him to crash through it, knowing it will hurt, yet also knowing that he needs to escape before Growlithe can boost its power.

    Water obediently carries out your instructions, steeling himself for the inevitable hurt of breaking through the fiery walls of the raging vortex of flames before swinging his massive body forward and Tackling right through it. The Fire Spin is disrupted and dies out quickly after Water crashes through it, the flames dissipating leaving nothing but a charred black ring on the arena's surface to show for it. While the Fire Spin itself hadn't done a lot of damage to Water, the effort of breaking through it had caused him more damage than you could have forseen, his injuries draining a significant amount of health. Growlithe, less than pleased to see his plan of trapping Water for the duration of the match had failed, immeditely attacks him with Ember, adding insult to injury while he's still down. Your reaction?


    Wayne: Serial Arsonist? o0 Why do I suddenly find you to be rather creepy? *fl33s*

    Seemingly happy you're showing some signs of trusting him, Dean nods and agrees to lead you back to his settlement. Maxi happily climbs atop Jenny, taking position in front of Dean where he can have a birds eye view of the land and the two of you take flight, heading North-East. Several minutes later you notice a large crater in the distance and Dean points toward it. "There it is" he says, "At the bottom of the crater." As you get closer, you can see that there is indeed a settlement way down there and you briefly wonder why they would choose to make their colony in a location like this rather than anywhere else upon the vast plains of Comet's Corner but you have little time to dwell on the matter as Dean and Jenny are already descending from the sky.

    Following their lead, Charizard also descends and a minute later you are standing on solid ground with Dean by your side. "Here we are" he says, smiling. "The lab is just over there," he continues, pointing toward a small building several metres away, "We have a Pokémon Centre, various training facilities, some industrial buildings and warehouses and a lot more. The Greenhouses are lined along the Northern end of the settlement which is where you'll be able to find me a great deal of the time but for now, let me introduce you to Professor Stark. If anyone can help you with that parchment of Togepi's, he can."

    Returning Jenny and Maxi to their respective Pokéballs, Dean motions for you to follow and once inside the lab introduces you to a tiny, yet robust bald headed man of about 40. Eyeing Professor Stark curiously, you have to use every ounce of manners you have to refrain from bursting into laughter as he paints a very strange picture indeed standing there in his tweed knickerbockers, flannel shirt and pink baseball cap with glittery silver letters on the front reading, "Smile if you think I'm sexy". He gives the impression of being a happy man, his chubby cheeks rosy red and his light blue eyes which look twice their normal size behind thick lenses set into a black, horn-rimmed spectacle frame, lighting up as you enter the room.

    With a bright smile, Professor Stark embraces Dean in a great bear hug, quite an amusing sight considering the top of the professor's head barely reaches Dean's chest. "Ah, it's wonderful to see you Dean!" the professor exclaims. "How are you lad? And Wayne is it?" he asks, turning to you and taking your hand in his, shaking it vigorously in welcome. Tell me what it is I can do for you and I..." but at that moment he finally notices Togepi bouncing up and down in your arms, partially due to the fact the professor is shaking your hand with unrestrained joy, and partially because Togepi is bopping excitedly to see such a happy fellow it can make friends with.

    "My, my, my, what have we here!" Professor Stark exclaims once again, this time more astonished than anything else. "Is that a Togepi?" he asks, leaning forward to examine the little Egg Pokémon more closely. "Such a rare and valuable Pokémon, you must be sure to keep a close eye on it." The Professor tickles Togepi's little cheek earning him a delighted giggle and the professor's eyes light up with joy. "So charming!" he chuckles, turning his attention back to you. "So tell me Wayne, what is it I can do for you today?"


    Jelly: While his eyes may still be stinging, Aron is definitely able to focus a little better than Rattata at this point in time and takes full advantage of this, lowering his head and racing toward the little rodent, Headbutting it as hard as he can. Rattata is knocked off it's feet, skidding along the gravely ground with shocking force and taking some nasty damage. It's movements slowed by the pain from the cuts and grazes, Rattata climbs to its feet but is too slow to avoid Aron's Metallic Claw which crashes down onto Rattata's skull. Rattata drops like a brick, the pain excruciating, and while it releases a loud, pained cry, Aron slashes it with Fury Cutter causing an instant KO. Level up for Aron. What now?


    RAINBOW WATERFALLS
    Loki: Quickly gathering your Pokémon together, you race down the corridor through which the thieves and Mike had disappeared moments before. You pass several doors along the way but have no time to stop and see what is in them before you hear a loud crash up ahead. Instinctively knowing this is where you'll find Mike, you race into another room to find the source of the crashing you had heard. Mike is standing there, staring at a pile of fallen boxes and shelves under which two unconscious bodies lay. Hearing your approach he simply looks at you. "They won't be saying anything any time soon," he states matter-of-factly. "Now we need to find out what this place is."

    Taking the time to look around, you notice there are a lot of shipping boxes, crates and cages in this room along with various kinds of stored laboratory equipment. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that whatever is going on down here isn't good, and it makes you more determined to find answers. A few minutes later you hear the hum of machinery and the two of you look at one another, a silent understanding passing between you before you silently follow the sounds. As you make your way along yet another corridor, the sound becomes louder, and a moment later you are standing outside a room with a closed door. The door has a glass window in it, and as you stand outside, peering in, what you see amazes you.

    There are three seperate machines currently processing Pokéballs while one man who appears to be a scientist is overseeing the procedure. The normal balls have been placed into a kind of funnel, dropping onto a slow-moving conveyor belt approximately ten metres long. In the middle of each belt, a large laser beam has been mounted over top, each laser emitting a different colored ray of light, much like a scanner, as the Pokéball passes beneath it. The first is a bright white ray, the second a dark, shadowy ray, and the third a red ray. You have no idea what these laser beams are doing to the Pokémon inside the balls, but considering the means these people are taking to acquire Pokémon, you can only guess it isn't good. As each ball reaches the end of the belt, they drop neatly into shipping boxes, the scientist marking off each one on a clipboard as they fall inside. After all of the balls have been processed, the scientist then seals the crates, attaches a copy of the inventory from his clipboard onto it before filing the original in a cabinet on the far side of the room and opening a another box filled with more Pokéballs. He scans each seperately on a fourth machine, making notes as he does so, separating them all into three different piles. Once finished, he fills the machines funnels with the three group of balls and starts the procedure over again. He does this three times in total before finally switching the machines off and leaving the lab in darkness, the shipping crates just sitting there ready to be picked up and transported to God knows where.

    With the scientist gone, Mike immediately makes his way inside the room. "We need to find out what those machines are doing to those Pokémon," he whispers. "If we can do that we may be able to find out what's going on in here and how we can stop them." Following him inside, you make your way over to the boxes to read the copy of the inventory the scientist was marking off, but all it has on it are a list of Pokémon with ticks by their names. Attached to the boxes beside the first machine are lists of Pokémon titled, "Roberts", beside the second machine are lists of Pokémon titled, "Delaney" and by the third machines are lists of Pokémon titled, "Sawyer". There is nothing to give any indication of what the lasers could have done to them, but a moment later you hear Mike release a long, low whistle, giving you the impression he's found something important. Turning towards him you see him standing beside the fourth machine the scientist had been using to categorise the Pokémon while staring in disbelief at a sheet of paper. "My God," he finally says. "They're transforming regular Pokémon into Shiny and Shadow types and mutating the rest..."

    But just then you are both startled by a voice from behind you. "What do you think you're doing in here!" a man yells, and you spin around to see a guard standing in the doorway with a very angry looking Arcanine standing beside him, seemingly ready to attack...



    DELIBIRD RIDGE
    Radical Edward: Sorry for rushing this, but I really need to finish your storyline. It's definitely going to suffer adventure-wise, I've been updating less and have little time left to finish so...

    With Gengar nodding off, Bast continues to Sing, sending the ghostie further into slumberland. Gengar attempts a half-hearted Night Shade, but is just too tired to pull off a decent attack and soon falls asleep. Having wasted a fair amount of Psychic energy already, Gengar’s health has suffered and it takes only a moment for Bast to KO it with her Dream Eater. Level up for Bast.

    Upon Gengar’s defeat, the chamber begins to lighten, and you notice a faint white glow coming from the left side of the room. A doorway appears where only a moment ago it had seemed there was solid wall and as you walk over you see a flight of stone stairs leading upward. Following them, you enter another chamber and look around. It isn’t very big, roughly 10ft square, but right in the middle is a large gap in the floor, approximately 6 feet across right in front of you (leaving you only 2 feet of clearance on either side) running from one side of the room to the other (left to right). You know you cannot jump it, but figure there must be a way across and so you look around for something to aide you when you notice another inscription on the wall to your right.

    A gaping chasm lays in wait
    To cross you must show your faith,
    With open eyes you'll walk on air
    Lest angry spirits sense despair.


    What will you do?
    New sig coming

  12. #102
    May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Bark Town, England
    Posts
    6,077
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Good update. So since I won't be having many more updates, how much is it worth me doing now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hells Empress


    RAINBOW ROAD
    FabuVinny: With Paras staring angrily right at her, Mary releases a bright Flash of light causing the little buggy to blink rapidly while tears stream from it's eyes. Blinded by the light, Paras is temporarily disoriented giving Mary the opportunity she needs to move in with another Tackle. Paras crashes to the ground again, rambling off a string of profanities in bug language. This only amuses you however, as it only helps to prove just how stubborn this little one is, and while it's struggling back to its feet determined to teach Mary a lesson, blinded and cursing up a storm, Mary crushes it with a Body Slam causing an instant KO. Level up for Mary. What would you like to do now?

    "Good job, Mary! You were great!" smiles Vincent. "Watching you battle was inspiring... We're going to have such great adventures together, I can tell."
    "Yeah, well. That Paras was asking for it," says Mary modestly.
    "Speaking of which..."

    Vincent glances at the Paras. It looks in a very bad state, especially its mushrooms which are squashed to an extent that can't be healthy. Seeing as it would be a shame to leave it like that, Vincent pulls out a Pokéball.
    "You're going to catch it?"
    "Why not? It is better than leaving it to terrorise other travellers."

    Vincent throws the Pokéball and watches as Paras is absorbed in a beam of red light. As the ball wobbles, both faces concentrate on it.
    "Come on," whispers Vincent under his breath...

  13. #103
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,030

    Default Short and Sweet ^-^

    RAINBOW ROAD
    FabuVinny: You have two choices. I can continue updating you until the time comes to close the zone or you can switch to UPN's CG now rather than later. I had a really good adventure in mind for you but unfortunately I won't have the time to get a quarter of the way through it, let alone complete it. If you stay with me for now you'll basically be getting "Meet Pokémon - Battle Pokémon - Capture or dump Pokémon" but if you switch now you'll receive better quality adventures at UPN. The choice is yours, I'm fine either way so long as you're happy with whatever you decide.

    Mary, less than impressed with your decision to capture the little terrorist bug, eyes the Pokéball warily as it wobbles on the ground once... twice... three times, before locking with a "ping!" Congratulations, you've captured yourself a level 7 female Paras. What would you like to do now?

  14. #104
    Eureka seveN Solarsaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Solarsaur: Half of your reply is what we term, “Self Updating”. I’m sorely tempted to ask you to rewrite your response but I’ll humour you. Next time, I won’t.

    Racing over to Vulpix, you apply some Awakening while Shedinja backs away, not willing to allow you to get too close to it. Alakazam returns to you ready for the next round of battle and, trying to think up a new strategy you watch the two Ghost Pokémon warily, by now well aware of the fact they have a great deal of experience with double team battling and are not about to go down without a good fight. Finally reaching a decision, you relay your orders to Vulpix and Alakazam and watch as the battle unfolds.

    Alakazam immediately disappears, reappearing a moment later right behind Haunter and attacking point-blank with Thunder Wave, the tiny tendrils of electricity shooting through Haunter and paralysing it instantly while Vulpix targets Shedinja. The little firefox takes a deep breath before unleashing a massive blast of superheated air mixed with dozens of tiny flames which streaks across the clearing to engulf the spectral bug but not before Shedinja has made sure to Endure the hit.

    Vulpix isn’t looking too hot now, his Heat Wave having consumed a great deal of energy, while Alakazam isn’t looking all too great either. That hit in the last round combined with all of the energy used for firing up elemental and psychic moves making him look a tad faint, but before you even realise what is happening, Haunter has managed to lull all three of you with Hypnosis, and you can feel yourself falling into dreamland, your memories of everything that has happened in the past few hours becoming vaguer and vaguer by the second until....

    Heading through the forest with Bulbasaur by your side you enjoy the beautiful calming effect of the afternoon sun as it filters through the canopy of leaves above, the streaks of sunlight dancing about as a gentle breeze causes the leaves to rustle slightly in its wake. The sounds of nature fill your ears as the inhabitants of the forest go about their daily business. After several minutes of peaceful wandering Bulbasaur suddenly stops dead in his tracks, his head cocked to one side as though listening to something. With a small frown creasing your brow you watch him curiously for a moment, wondering what it is he can hear when a low rumble suddenly issues from his throat. Slightly nervous now you look in the direction Bulbasaur is staring and notice an Aipom hanging from an overhead branch. The next minute, the little monkey like creature jumps to the ground in front of you and pokes Bulbasaur in the nose. Looks like this one is challenging your Bulbasaur to a battle. What will you do?

    [As consolation for the restart, Alakazam and Vulpix receive one level each.]
    [Terribly sorry for that.]

    "Return Bulbasaur. Now come out Alakazam. Strike the Aipom with a Dynamic Punch to start off, and follow up with a Thunderpunch!" Adam shouted. "Aipom's are pretty agile, so be on your guard. It could swing on the trees and attack from almost any angle. That can get pretty damaging if done over and over again."

    An Alakazam appeared and understood her commands. Powering up her fists, Adam cheers her on. Alakazam understood fully that she was to attack the Aipom, but also knew to use Teleport if Aipom attacked from different angles.

    "Then, when you've done both of those attacks, strike Aipom with a Thunder Wave so it can't move as much. That will take away most of it's ability and power if it works, although it could dodge." Adam said. "But still be on your best guard so you can take some of those attacks."

    [Thank you for the consolation. I am tempted not to take it as I have been some trouble]
    Fizzy Bubbles Regi.

    Fancee banner coming soon if I cba.

  15. #105
    May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Bark Town, England
    Posts
    6,077
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hells Empress
    RAINBOW ROAD
    FabuVinny: You have two choices. I can continue updating you until the time comes to close the zone or you can switch to UPN's CG now rather than later. I had a really good adventure in mind for you but unfortunately I won't have the time to get a quarter of the way through it, let alone complete it. If you stay with me for now you'll basically be getting "Meet Pokémon - Battle Pokémon - Capture or dump Pokémon" but if you switch now you'll receive better quality adventures at UPN. The choice is yours, I'm fine either way so long as you're happy with whatever you decide.

    Mary, less than impressed with your decision to capture the little terrorist bug, eyes the Pokéball warily as it wobbles on the ground once... twice... three times, before locking with a "ping!" Congratulations, you've captured yourself a level 7 female Paras. What would you like to do now?
    Smiling, Vincent gets up and walks over to the Pokéball. He picks it up and stares at it.
    "Wow... My first capture..."
    "It's a damn terrorist bug."
    "Maybe it's a bit mischievous now, but I'll turn it into a valid team member."
    Mary smirks. "I'd like to see you try."
    "I will try. Come on... I should be able to walk alright now, but I think we'll stay out of the forest for today. So let's see where this roads leads to..."
    And with that, Vincent and Mary walk off to explore the Cloud Garden.


    And with that, I'll be switching to UPN ^^

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •