The Cloud Garden Recorded History - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 121

Thread: The Cloud Garden Recorded History

  1. #76
    黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    13,195
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    63
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress

    Archaic: Correctly assessing the situation at hand, you urge Omekekashi to go ahead and find herself something to eat while you grab Treecko whose eyes practically bulge out of his head after being yanked from the floor and away from his precious food. He coughs and splutters a little, trying not to choke on the berries he had just shovelled into his mouth while you ask Maebureshi about the details regarding the festival rituals.

    Maebureshi begins answering while Treecko’s eyes wander toward his plate of discarded food sitting on the floor, but at least he realises that he should be listening because when Maebureshi stops talking, Treecko begins to translate.

    “The festival is divided into five stages,” Treecko begins, his tone of voice relaying his disapproval of the way he is being treated. “The Opening Ceremony, The Warrior Rights Initiation, The Battle of the Elite, The Tribal Rites and the Closing Ceremony. During the Opening Ceremony the winner of last year’s Tribal Rites will present King Pinsir with the Golden Crest he had won the previous year proclaiming him the “Prince in Waiting”. The Warrior Rights Initiation makes up the largest part of the festival and is for all young Pinsir to enter. The winners will then have the right to battle in the Elite Battle Round during the next years’ festival. The Battle of the Elite is where all Pinsir who qualify will battle round by round, picking one another off until there is one winner. The winner will then move on to the Tribal Rites Battle where he will face the Prince in Waiting to challenge him for his title. This is a battle to the death as only the strongest of warriors are allowed to rule. Afterwards comes the Closing Ceremony where the Winner of the Tribal Rites battle will be presented with the Golden Crest, giving them the title of Prince in Waiting. Only he can become King should the King Pinsir pass away before the following Festival.”

    Treecko then stops talking, a sulky expression on his face while Maebureshi stares at him with such a commanding expression that you can feel Treecko begin to tremble. “The male tribes members and guests are not to display any sign of emotion during the battles. No cheering on friends as it is considered insulting and distasteful to favour one warrior over another. Only the women and children who are not a part of the battles are allowed to display emotion as they offer support to their loved ones.” Treecko then glances toward Omekekashi. “Your friend will be taking part in the Warrior Rights Initiation battle where she will have a chance to prove her worth.”

    Nodding, you turn your gaze back toward Maebureshi to thank him for his help in answering your questions when your eyes fall upon a golden crest attached to his upper right shoulder. It is something you hadn’t noticed before but after having heard the details of the Festival, it’s significance strikes you immediately.

    Maebureshi then speaks to you again after which Treecko translates his question. “He wants to know if Heracross wants to practice before her battle tonight and he says she’ll still have enough time to rest afterwards if she does.”

    Your reaction?
    Mamoru smirks. "I'm sure she probably doesn't think she actually needs it...but if there's still time to do so and rest, we'd be foolish to not accept the opportunity, and gladly."

    Calling Omekekashi over with a short sharp whistle and a jerk of his head, he fills her in on the details, and leaves her with Maebureshi to figure out what this practice will entail.

    "Now..." he looks down at Treeko, with a stern but calm gaze. "Guests not being allowed to display emotion, now that's not going to be difficult for me, but for you....I think we have a problem, don't we Treeko? I can't release you now, I need your guidance to get out of this forest once this is all over with still, so there's really only one solution I can see here..."

    Mamoru pulls a Pokéball from his belt, expanding it and flipping the lid open in one smooth motion.

    "I was giving you a Pokéball as a reward anyway...so consider this an extra bonus gift of sorts. Now...get in, before someone decides that you might be of better use as a punching bag for Omekekashi's training. I'll let you out again straight away, but I do want to get these formalities over and done with before the rites start, so I don't have you yelling and screaming in front of everyone right before the matches start."

  2. #77
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Alright, I'm in a snitty mood.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jelly
    OCC: Sorry for my impatience for a few threads on SPPF and Here *smacks self*
    There's no point apologising after the fact. I hadn't actually seen any of your posts but have had people mention them to me. I do have more to do in my life than sit here devoting myself to updates 24/7 and I don't need to explain myself to you or to anyone else. If you're unhappy with my progress then transfer to UPN's Cloud Garden. Also, no self-updating. I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again. Don't do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Solarsaur
    He grabbed a Pokeball from his bag and intended to throw it at the Sheinja, if it was hit and fainted.

    Will Add More When I Think Of It
    If you're not finished with your reply then please don't post it. I'll often begin updating as soon as the first replies come in, save them and then sometimes it's days before I have a chance to move on to the next person who has replied. If you edit yours after I've written your update I won't be going back to check on it. If you delete and repost I'll be so pissed at having to rewrite it that I'll probably skip you completely.

    Also, you cannot capture evolved Pokémon. It's in the rules. Please read them.

  3. #78
    SM sez hi. :O
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guess.
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Shiny Magneton: Mike looks thoughtful when you mention Ariados. “That’s not a bad idea actually,” he replies. “Ariados may also be able to create a web over the hole so Bulbasaur won’t be in danger when she returns through the tu…”

    But at that very moment a jeep pulls up several metres away and two men hop out, heading over with Nurse Joy and Chansey right behind them. Mike’s attention is immediately shifted to them as he quickly introduces you and explains the events up until now. The men immediately move into action, thanking you for your help before turning their attention to Ariados, setting him up with similar equipment to that of which Bulbasaur is wearing only with one added brace for holding Pokéballs while Nurse joy turns her attention to you.

    “You really are a dear for helping Mike,” she says, taking your hand in hers. “It’s very dangerous sending a Pokémon into a situation like this but thanks to you and Bulbasaur, Snorlax will receive the medical attention it needs.” She then turns to Chansey, reaching into her pocket for a Pokéball. “I know you don’t like Pokéballs and I wouldn’t ask if it weren’t necessary, but it’s the only way you can reach Snorlax and it desperately needs your aide Muriel.” Chansey looks disapprovingly at the Pokéball, but reluctantly nods in agreement, allowing Nurse Joy to call her inside, little medical bag and all.

    You both turn your attention back to Mike and the two other men, Nurse Joy giving them Chansey’s Pokéball which is immediately latched onto Ariados’ halter along with four other Pokéballs, all of them minimised to make it easier for Ariados to move. Once everything is set up, they hook another safety line onto Ariados, and wishing her luck, you send her into the tunnel.

    Ariados makes her way inside, covering the hole in the tunnel floor with a nice strong web to make it safer for Bulbasaur on her return journey, and eventually reaches Bulba and Snorlax. Once there, she drops Chansey’s Pokéball and the little Nurse Pokémon immediately sets to work on Snorlax, injecting the giant Pokémon with a massive amount of sedative to make it sleep. She then splints its injured leg before reaching into her medicine bag and taking out a special white Pokéball with a red + printed on it, signifying it to be a special ball designed for sick or injured Pokémon. Snorlax disappears inside and, her work completed for the moment, Chansey attaches it to Ariados and returns herself to her own Pokéball. Ariados then reattaches Chansey’s ball to her brace before dropping the other four Pokéballs she is carrying. There is a bright flash as all four open simultaneously, and a moment later three Machoke and a Golem are standing in the small confines of the tunnel. Golem immediately rolls into a Defense Curl before Hardening it’s shell and hurling itself into the pile of debris causing it to loosen up enough for all four of them to begin lifting and moving it all out of the way. While the they work on unblocking the tunnel, Mike calls for Bulbasaur and Ariados to withdraw from the tunnel to avoid being injured. Your two Pokémon don’t waste a second, returning to you as quickly as possible since they’re not too keen about choking on all of the dust and dirt swirling around in there at the moment.

    Upon their exit, Nurse Joy takes Chansey and Snorlax’s Pokéballs from Ariados while Mike removes all of the gear attached to them. Happy to see they are safe and sound you smile, glad to have them back out here in the light of day. Watching Mike pat Bulbasaur on the head and thank her for a job well done, you are surprised to see him reach into his satchel and withdraw something from it, handing it to her. “This is for you little one. You did a brilliant job in there and deserve to be rewarded for your efforts.” Taking a closer look you can see it is a Miracle Seed and you feel proud, before noticing the jealous expression on Ariados’s face. Mike laughs, also noticing her look. “Don’t worry, you shall be rewarded too, but I don’t have your little surprise with me right now.” Seemingly satisfied with that, Ariados returns to your side, watching while Bulbasaur proudly shows you her reward.

    Turning to you, Mike thanks you for your assistance. “The Pokémon we have in the tunnel will be able to finish clearing out the blockage now and come out safely on the other side of the mountain thanks to the assistance you and your Pokémon have provided so there is no need for you to stay if you would rather continue with your travels, however you’re more than welcome to return to base with us if you’d like.”

    What will you do?
    Mike agrees with Stephen, about Ariados, but the rest of his sentence is cut off by an abrupt joining of the group with a Nurse Joy and two men in a jeep, along with a Chansey.

    Mike explains the situation at hand to them, and they thank Stephen for his help, and begin equipping Ariados with a large amount of equipment, much the same as Bulby's. However, there was an added brace, which Stephen correctly assumed was to hold the Pokeballs of the Pokemon which were to help the Snorlax.

    Stephen nods to Ariados, and she starts her way into the cave. Watching on the now divided monitor, Stephen sighs as Ariados begins to spit a sticky, though firm, web above the pit, in order to allow Bulby to pass through it once again.

    However, Ariados quickly reaches Snorlax, and Bulby. The small grass type shouts in joy, as Ariados drops Chansey's Pokeball, and the nurse pokemon arrives in a flash of light.

    Chansey then pulls up a needle, which she prepares, before injecting it into Snorlax. The sedative quickly takes effect, the huge Snorlax falling into a slumber. Chansey then splints the injured leg, before she pulls out a Pokeball, looking normal, though the recall button was a red plus sign instead of a circle, signifying that it was a special Pokeball for injured and hurt Pokemon.

    She recalls the Snorlax into it, before she securely fastens it to the brace. Chansey then recalls herself, and Ariados attaches it to the brace as well.

    Ariados then drops the other four Pokeballs, before a Golem, and a team of three Machamp appear. The four Pokemon quickly get to work, Golem beginning to break up the rocks with a Rollout, before the Machamp clear them.

    However, the amount of dust in the cave gets to much for Ariados and Bulby, and they turn around, walk over the web, and come back out to the outside world.

    Upon their exit, Nurse Joy takes Snorlax's and Chansey's Pokeballs, as Mike takes the gear from the Pokemon. Stephen then laughs as Bulby and Ariados shake off, the dirt and dust flying everywhere. Mike then bends down, and pats Bulby on the head, congratulating her on a job well done. However, he then reaches into his bag, and pulls out a small seed. He hands it to Bulbasaur, to reaches up to him with her vines, and gladly takes it. She brings it to her face to examine it, before she shouts in joy, and brings it to Stephen to see. He laughs, and takes it, and attaches it to her bulb. Bulbasaur gives a content smile.

    However, Ariados then looks to Mike, as if to say "Don't I get anything?" Mike laughs, and tells her that her present is not with him. Content with this, Ariados walks over to Bulbasaur to see exactly she got.

    Mike then says to Stephen, “The Pokémon we have in the tunnel will be able to finish clearing out the blockage now and come out safely on the other side of the mountain thanks to the assistance you and your Pokémon have provided so there is no need for you to stay if you would rather continue with your travels, however you’re more than welcome to return to base with us if you’d like.”

    Thinking for a moment, Stephen says in a confident voice "Hm..." However, Bulbasaur, apparently understanding the situation, comes up to Stephen's leg and nudges against it. Stephen smiles and shakes his head. "It seems that Bulbasaur wants to make sure that Snorlax is okay...So I guess we'll head off with you, back to base."
    Last edited by S_M; 29th October 2005 at 08:31 AM.

  4. #79
    green jeans ades's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pacific
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress

    COMET’S CORNER
    ades: Handing your Registration form to the receptionist, she takes it from you and immediately begins tapping away on her keyboard, entering your details into the system. “You’re ok to head onto the arena now,” she says, smiling. “Good luck with your battle.”

    Thanking her, you head through the door leading onto the Rock Arena, coming face to face with your challenger and the battle referee. Your challenger, a boy of approximately 14, looks you over curiously, wondering what kind of opponent you are, while the ref greets you with a handshake.

    “Welcome and good luck to you both.” he says, before glancing down at the computer monitor in front of him. Turning his eyes to the boy standing opposite you, he continues, “Malcolm, please take your position on the right hand side of the arena, and John,” he says, turning his gaze toward you, “you will be on the left side of the field.”

    You both nod, wishing one another good luck before you take your respective positions and before you know it the referee is introducing you to the crowd.

    “Welcome to our 3rd battle in the round of sixteen! The winner of this match will have the opportunity to advance to the Quarter Finals where they will come face-to-face with Lindsay Lieu who, working brilliantly in sync with her beautiful Bellossom, progressed earlier today with a magnificent display of flair and courage! On the eastern end of the field we have Malcolm Brady, an up-and-coming trainer who has won three competitions in the past two months on the Ice, Fire and Grass Arenas and is looking to win his fourth upon the Rock Arena!”

    You hear some cheers from the crowd while Malcolm smiles, blushing slightly from the attention, and you can see he is not the type of trainer to gloat of his wins, but rather a very shy boy who enjoys the thrill of the battle while raising his Pokémon. Seeing this quality in him commands instant respect within you, and although nervous, you are determined to give this battle your best.

    “On the western side of the field,” the referee continues, “we have John Jones! This is his first battle here today and we are looking forward to seeing what he has to offer!” The crowd cheers again, obviously used to seeing new trainers, and are eager to offer their support.

    “Both trainers are in position!” the ref announces with a rather large dose of melodrama in his tone, “So let the battle BEGIN!”

    Malcolm then releases a Growlithe onto the field who immediately takes his battle stance. Your reaction?
    John took a deep breath, put on a smile that didn't look quite right on him and walked out onto the field. He was barely out the door when he was bombarded by the flashes of cameras and a chorus of cheering voices. Were it not for the familar colours of the referee in the middle, John thought he would have gotten lost in the confusion.

    He quickly walked over to the ref and the challenger, a young boy who nearly looked John's age. He shook the ref's hand politely before nodding a slight greeting to his counterpart, who returned in kind. John nervously fingered the Pokeball latched onto his belt and was out of his wits by the time the referee directed them to opposite sides of the field.

    Taking his place, John stared across the field at his opponent who he now knew as Malcolm. He flushed red as the ref listed out his accomplishments, and John smiled as he recognised a truly great trainer standing in front of him. John would give him a worthy battle.

    "...So let the battle BEGIN!"

    A Growlithe flashed into being, but John had his Pokeball already out and the orders on his lips.

    "Go, WATER! Tackle Growlithe and then Bind him!


    ooc: I hope this is alright, it's my first time in a battle.

  5. #80
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Nuther one

    As I stated at the beginning of this thread, if you put in the effort to give me a decent reply I'll return the favour and give you a decent update. I’m past the limit of my patience with some people so if you find your updates less than appealing, then start thinking about the reason for why that is.

    Also, at the bottom of this post is a little button with “quote” written on it. Try clicking it when replying to your update and behold the magic that unfolds...


    STARDUST FIELDS
    Ichi: Your last update


    RAINBOW ROAD
    FabuVinny: Tempted to veer off the main path and take the side trail, your curiosity over the rustling roadside bushes takes precedence for the moment and so you take a step closer, bending down for a better look. At first you see nothing, but then the bushes rustle again, a sure sign of something hiding inside. Moving closer still, you’re eager to find out what is trying to hide when a cloud of spores suddenly bursts forth from the foliage. Startled, you leap backward, but not before inhaling some of the paralysing Stun Spore which immediately begins to affect you. You can feel your muscles cramping up and Mary is beside herself, furious with the little Paras who has just leapt out of the bushes, a cheeky little grin on it’s face. It seems this one was coercing you from the start, deliberately trying to draw your attention so it could have a bit of fun. What will you do?


    CLOUD FOREST
    Tyr: Your last update

    ABL: Your last update

    Shiny Magneton: Some half hour later you are back at the base camp. Upon your arrival, Bulbasaur immediately looks to you for permission to go with Nurse Joy to the camps medical tent to ensure her new friend is ok while Ariados is more than happy to tag along with you and Mike. Mike leads you into the tunnel where you can see the Machoke and Golem have almost completely unblocked the passage leading further inside and you feel proud knowing that you and your Pokémon have played a large part in making this happen. Watching the Pokémon finish the job, you leave the tunnel to see Nidoqueen sitting under a tree by the mountainside while her baby Nidoran lays sprawled by her side, resting in the shade on this blistering summer day. You smile, relieved to see that the baby has taken to her again when a raised voice catches your attention. You and Mike immediately turn to see where it is coming from when you notice two figures standing on the mountainside. One is holding something while the other yells out to the campsite below.

    “You think you have foiled Team Rocket’s plans!” he yells, “But you have not! This is your last warning! Get out of this area at once or we will detonate the explosives we have planted all over the side of this mountain! This is Rocket land and we will not have you trespassing a moment longer! Leave now before more die as a result of your foolishness!”

    Looking to Mike you can see his expression is one of pure, unadulterated rage, while you’re left wondering what the hell is going on around here. But whatever the story, you know two things for certain. The first is that one of them is holding a detonator and the second is that judging from the expression on Mike’s face, they’re deadly serious...


    Archaic: Calling for Omekekashi you explain what has happened so far and leave her in the reliable hands of Maebureshi for some training before turning to Treecko. Upon hearing your request, Treecko’s jaw drops, his eyes almost boggling out of his head before he begins sputtering, “You… You… You can’t do that!” which causes Omekekashi and Maebureshi to stop dead in their tracks as they were about to walk out the door. Turning, they both eye Treecko with disdain, yet both curious as to what is going to happen next.

    “You can’t just expect me to get into that… that thing!” Treecko yells at the top of his lungs. “I’m not your prisoner! I’m not your property! You can’t order me into that! You’d have to capture me first and that’s not going to happen!”

    Treecko stops ranting although he is muttering something that sounds distinctly like curses under his breath, giving you, Maebureshi and Omekeashi death stares while his little chest heaves heavily from a mixture of anxiety and anger. You simply look at him with disdain, but say nothing, knowing that when it comes to a battle of wills, you’ll outlast this little coward in a heartbeat. Maebureshi however, appears to have come to a decision and walks over, grabbing Treecko by the scruff of the neck and hauling him unceremoniously out the door, much to Treecko’s adamant protests.

    Following Maebureshi outside you watch as he tosses Treecko to the ground then motions for Omekekashi to take her position. It is then that you realise what he is up to. Since Treecko is being difficult, Maebureshi has decided that Omekekashi shall train against Treecko rather than do whatever it is he had previously planned for her and that when she wins the battle you can do just as Treecko had said. Capture him.

    Maebureshi nods at Omekekashi then steps back to watch the battle while Omekekashi looks to you, awaiting your instructions...


    Solarsaur: Relying on firepower to get you through this battle you order Vulpix to destroy Shedinja with Heat Wave, but Haunter had been expecting this and immediately sends Vulpix into dreamland with Hypnosis, the powerful hypnotic waves washing over your little fox who is powerless against them and drops to the forest floor for a little snooze. Furious with this unexpected turn of events, Alakazam fires off a Confusion which Haunter (who did not block Vulpix’s Heat Wave)), meets head on with a Night Shade, the black thunderbolts colliding with the blue beam to cause one enormous explosion of psychic energy throwing Alakazam back against a tree at the edge of the clearing. Shedinja meanwhile, decides to settle on top of Vulpix and Leech his Life away while he sleeps. What will you do?


    MYSTERY ISLAND
    Arn: Gary looks at you thoughtfully for a few moments, his mind spinning with possibilities. “I do have one Pokémon who could Teleport into the prison and then back out again, but I’m not comfortable with risking her safety by allowing her to leave the ranch where she may be seen. If her existence is discovered, she’ll be at risk just like all of the other Psychic Pokémon.”

    While you walk, Gary appears to be leading you toward a large barn to the right of the main house as he continues talking. “Tauros is a good Pokémon. It’s fast, but if you’re discovered you’ll need to be able to outrun your pursuers as quickly as possible, and preferably making very little noise, but I have just the thing for that which will also take care of the problem of you and Faith needing separate steeds for transportation.” Finally reaching the barn doors, he swings them open and motions for you to follow him inside. “This,” he says, with a sweeping gesture of his arms, “is where we will hide Faith until the uproar following her escape settles. When the time is right, she will be able to travel and get as far away from here as possible.”

    You look around the barn in disbelief wondering if Gary could possibly be having you on. The barn is large and has several stalls for horses. There are ladders leading to an upper level of the barn where various supplies are stored, but there is no way on God’s earth that you could hide a person in here if someone were to come looking. Gary is aware of the thoughts running through your head and smiles knowingly. “It’s alright,” he says, I know what you’re thinking, but I know what I’m doing.” Leading you to the farthest stall at the back, right-hand side of the barn, he slides a large barrel to the side to reveal nothing more than a small coil of rope. You can’t help but wonder if Gary is slightly insane right now, but a moment later when he bends down and tugs on the rope to reveal a trap-door cleverly concealed in the floor opening wide, you grin widely, thinking this to be a brilliant plan. “Follow me,” he says, descending a small ladder before disappearing into darkness.

    A minute later you find yourself standing in near pitch darkness. You can make out nothing at all from the thin film of light filtering through from the open trap-door above, but then Gary lights a lamp which relieves the darkness, casting a dim glow across a small room, about 10ft x 10ft and a little over 6ft high. It’s small, and it’s clear that nobody could live down here for an extended period of time, but it is very well hidden and has a pile of soft blankets stored in one corner for a person to sleep should it be necessary. One wall has some makeshift shelves upon which are stored various kinds of non-perishable foods in case of emergency and you nod approvingly, knowing this little hideout could be Faith’s only chance of survival.

    “This is where Faith can hide if anyone searches the ranch. It’s safe,” Gary says with determined certainty, his tone of voice causing you to glance in his direction, making you wonder yet again why he would go to so much trouble to hide Faith when he could lose everything if she’s discovered on his ranch. “I know she won’t be found here, so she’ll be safe until it’s time for her to travel.”

    Ten minutes later you and Gary are standing outside of the Barn. He turns to you, a serious expression on his face. “I have the transport you and faith will need,” he says, before lifting his fingers to his lips, turning his face toward the sky and releasing the strangest whistling sound you have ever heard. It sounds more like a bird call than a whistle, and a few moments later a beautiful blue bird Pokémon, it’s body surrounded with a cottony, cloud-like aura, descends from the sky to land elegantly beside Gary, it’s graceful neck reaching forward so that it may gently nuzzle Gary’s face in greeting. Smiling, Gary gently stokes the bird’s silky feathers, affectionately welcoming it’s arrival.
    “This,” he says, turning his gaze back to you, “is a very special friend of mine. And this,” he continues, reaching into the cloud covering the bird’s chest and gently unlatching a Pokéball cleverly hidden from view while being safely secured to the bird’s body, “is my best friend in the world.” Triggering the release mechanism on the Pokéball, you see a bright flash of light before it fades to reveal a Kadabra standing in front of you, clearly very happy to see Gary, but eyeing you with an expression of fear mixed with a hint of curiosity.

    Your reaction?



    COMET’S CORNER
    ades: It’s perfectly fine ^-^

    With Growlithe already upon the field, you toss your own Pokéball forward to reveal Water who towers menacingly over top of the little pup. Growlithe looks up at Water, startled at first to see who his opponent is, but soon focuses his attention on the battle, treating Water as he would any other opponent.

    Growlithe begins the battle by releasing an almighty Roar in an attempt to intimidate Water which proves fruitless. Water simply stares calmly back at him before lunging in to attack with a Tackle. Growlithe quickly leaps to the side, evading the attack, but Water isn’t finished yet and as his rocky, snake-like body slides along the ground past Growlithe, he curls himself around and Binds himself around the fiery pup, locking Growlithe up securely in his grasp.

    While water begins to squeeze, Growlithe releases a pained yelp, but this little pup isn’t one to give up easily and takes a deep breath before expelling a shower of blazing hot Embers from his lungs. As the tiny flames fall over top of Water leaving several dark scorch marks behind, Water loosens his grip just enough for Growlithe to wriggle free of his grasp and plop safely to the ground.

    Neither Pokémon has taken much damage this round, but it is evident that both are strong-willed and neither will give in without a good fight...


    Wayne: You know a confrontation with the three approaching humans is inevitable and tighten your hold on Togepi slightly, your nerves pretty much shot. Deciding it’s best to have your wits about you, you snap yourself out of the trance settling over you and stand up straight, determined to hide the fear you feel creeping up your spine. Eventually the three begin to slow as they approach and eventually stop, looking down at you from upon their respective mounts, obviously well aware of the intimidation value of height and number. Putting on a brave face you smile at them, nervously introducing yourself while Togepi continues to bounce in your arms, chattering excitedly in welcome to its newfound friends.

    The three trainers stare at Togepi for a minute before casting each other knowing looks. Looks that you recognise could only mean trouble, and you feel the hairs on the back of your neck rise as the male trainer upon the Onix turns his eyes back to you and speaks.

    “Cute little Pokémon you have there,” he says, completely disregarding Bulbasaur. “I don’t suppose you would be interested in a trade?” His two counterparts sneer at this comment, and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that their version of “trade” means “hand over your Pokémon now, or else” and you find yourself instinctively taking a step backward. Togepi isn’t looking as excited as before either, as it can sense the tension in the air and it’s instincts are telling it that these people are not new friends after all. Togepi’s happy little face turns to worried little frown and as the trainer stared at it greedily. “We saw something land near here you see,” he drawls, never taking his eyes off Togepi, “so we came to investigate, but looky at what we found instead.”

    The female trainer on the Rapidash and the other male trainer upon the Tauros then begin moving in on you, flanking you on either side before a loud screech from above causes everyone to look into the sky. You’re not sure whether to be happy or scared as a young man who appears to be in his early twenties comes swooping down from the sky upon a Fearow. Sitting atop the Fearow’s head is a Totodile who begins to unleash a surprisingly powerful attack for such a little creature, it’s Hydro Pump aimed at the trainers who immediately begin shouting curses at the approaching lad while trying to evade being hit by the water. The trainer then swoops in low, reaching down to grab you and lift you up, swinging you around onto the back of Fearow while Bulbasaur makes a flying leap after you, just managing to land on Fearow before it escapes his reach. “Hold on tight!” the man yells, before guiding Fearow back into the sky and away from the trainers on the ground who are shaking their fists with rage and cursing up a storm as you make your escape.

    A few minutes later Fearow descends from the sky, landing safely on the ground many miles away from the bandits. The man helps you down and glances at you while reaching for Bulbasaur who is looking a little air-sick. “Looks like you got yourself into a bit of a scrape back there,” he says casually, a distinct expression of curiosity crossing his features as his eyes fall upon Togepi. “What on earth did you do to gain the attention of the Cawley’s?”

    Your reaction?


    Jelly: Nowhere in the update did it say anything about an iron slab, only that Rattata was burrowing into your pack.

    Deciding to teach this little thief a lesson in manners, you order Aron to attack. Unfortunately your yelling has alerted Rattata to the fact that it has been discovered and it immediately prepares itself for battle, taking a defensive stance and hissing at you both with its fangs bared and its Tail Whipping wildly about, making a “whooshing” sound as it slices through the air. Aron immediately moves in with Fury Cutter, slashing at Rattata who dodges using Quick Attack, leaping toward Aron and twisting it’s body in mid-air to whip him across the eyes with it’s tail before landing safe and sound on the ground in front of him with a smug expression on it’s face. Aron’s eyes are watering from the tail whipping and while he Hardens himself for the next stage of battle Rattata lunges at him, hurling it’s little body straight into Aron’s chest with Tackle. Both Pokémon tumble backward before coming to a stop and quickly regaining their feet, angrily facing off against one another. With both Pokémon staring each other down, Aron leaps into the air before smashing his body back into the ground with as much force as possible causing several nearby rocks to lift off the ground and fly through the air toward Rattata. Unfortunately for Aron, he’s not very big yet, and so the “rocks” are more like stones. Rattata evades most of them easily enough except for the largest one which whacks it hard in the side, knocking it off-balance and causing it quite some pain. Rattata soon recovers it’s feet however and lunges toward Aron with another Quick Attack which barely causes him any damage. What will you do now?



    RAINBOW WATERFALLS
    Loki: Standing your ground against the two men who are looking furious as they scan the room, witnessing the damage you have done to their little operation, you have absolutely no fear as you release Salamence whose magnificent presence causes them to back away a few paces. The fear in their eyes quickly turns to greed and you can see their minds spinning. Salamence may not be a water type, but she is powerful, and they want her!

    Weepinbell’s trainer immediately leaves it to fend for itself while he races off to a shelf on the side wall to grab another electrified rod which he switches to its highest setting while Salamence stares both Weepinbell and Nidorino down with a Scary Face, her sheer presence causing them to hesitate with their attacks as they are far too Intimidated by her to move in. Using this moment of hesitation to her advantage, Salamence takes a deep breath before unleashing a powerful misty greenish-blue flame from her mouth, being sure to direct it back and forth across both enemy Pokémon. Weepinbell is immediately paralysed while Nidorino suffers some minor burns but this attack has jolted it out of it’s panicked state and it charges toward Salamence using Horn Attack to drive it’s horn as deep into her chest as he can while her attention is distracted by Nidorino’s trainer who has just released a Tentacool, tossing the Pokéball straight toward her face so the jellyfish Pokémon could latch onto her before she has an opportunity to react.

    While Salamence rears up onto her hind legs releasing a roar of pain that could wake the dead, the trainer with the electric rod races forward and is ready to strike her in the belly with it when a streak of orange/red flashes past your eyes, bowling into Nidorino with such force that his horn is immediately dislodged from Salamence’s chest and it goes flying into the trainer with the rod. Pokémon and trainer crash to the ground in a tangled heap while you are left staring in amazement at a very healthy, well cared-for Blaziken.

    “Great job Blaze!” Mike yells, excited.

    Giving him a nod of thanks you return your attention to the trainers. It appears these guys are more than willing to fight dirty which enrages you even further and as they regroup for another round of battle they each release another Pokémon. The first releasing a Raichu and the second a Kadabra. The two Pokémon immediately team up to release a combo attack, Raichu’s Thunderbolt combining with Kadabra’s Psybeam to create one hell of a powerful beam of electrically charged psychic energy which careens straight for Salamence. She is ready this time however, creating a semi-transparent shield which surrounds her and Protects her from the attack.

    Blaziken then leaps forward, rising high into the air in between both Pokémon, his feet afire as each one smacks hard into Raichu and Kadabra’s heads with Blaze Kick. Both take a nasty hit falling back onto their rears while Salamence and Blaziken both prepare for another round of battle.


    WolfinOutlawAsi: Your last update


    DELIBIRD RIDGE
    Radical Edward: Finally relieved to have a chance at some real action you approach this battle eagerly, releasing Dyrim who emerges from his Pokéball ready and rearing to go. Gengar chuckles, a sound which makes your spine tingle in an unpleasant manner while Dyrim begins the battle by Leering Gengar down in an attempt to prevent it from attacking too soon. Since using Sunny Day in this little chamber is out of the question, Dyrim uses the few seconds of opportunity he has to fully charge his fist with one massive dose of fire energy, the blazing light from his fist casting an eerie glow across the small chamber.

    Breaking free of Dyrim’s stare, Gengar shakes it’s spectral head as though being annoyed by an insect buzzing around it’s ear before grinning widely and giving Dyrim a rather intimidating stare of his own, Gengar’s Mean Look casting a faint blue glow across the room, combining with Dyrim’s fiery one to create an usual and very pretty aura. Dyrim is the one finding himself hesitant to move this time as he stands there in his battle pose and as he watches, Gengar’s eyes appear to swirl with misty black clouds giving Dyrim the sensation of looking into a bottomless void. The next minute two black thunderbolts shoot out of Gengar’s eyes, the Night Shade hitting Dyrim square in the chest and throwing him back against the chamber wall where he slides to the floor, ending up in a sitting position. Quickly pulling himself together, Dyrim regains his feet and his battle pose, humiliated after a failed first round and eager to show this cocky ghostie just what he is capable of.

    Your reaction?
    New sig coming

  6. #81
    Aww, Innit cute? Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    You gotta hate it when people put crappy jokes here!
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jelly: Nowhere in the update did it say anything about an iron slab, only that Rattata was burrowing into your pack.

    Deciding to teach this little thief a lesson in manners, you order Aron to attack. Unfortunately your yelling has alerted Rattata to the fact that it has been discovered and it immediately prepares itself for battle, taking a defensive stance and hissing at you both with its fangs bared and its Tail Whipping wildly about, making a “whooshing” sound as it slices through the air. Aron immediately moves in with Fury Cutter, slashing at Rattata who dodges using Quick Attack, leaping toward Aron and twisting it’s body in mid-air to whip him across the eyes with it’s tail before landing safe and sound on the ground in front of him with a smug expression on it’s face. Aron’s eyes are watering from the tail whipping and while he Hardens himself for the next stage of battle Rattata lunges at him, hurling it’s little body straight into Aron’s chest with Tackle. Both Pokémon tumble backward before coming to a stop and quickly regaining their feet, angrily facing off against one another. With both Pokémon staring each other down, Aron leaps into the air before smashing his body back into the ground with as much force as possible causing several nearby rocks to lift off the ground and fly through the air toward Rattata. Unfortunately for Aron, he’s not very big yet, and so the “rocks” are more like stones. Rattata evades most of them easily enough except for the largest one which whacks it hard in the side, knocking it off-balance and causing it quite some pain. Rattata soon recovers it’s feet however and lunges toward Aron with another Quick Attack which barely causes him any damage. What will you do now?
    "Aron, you are taking too much damage from him, we need a new tactic. So, lets turn our offensiveness into a defence tactic! Aron, I want you to absorb all his attacks with Harden, and if you gets tired, hit him with a fury cutter! if he is still ok, hit him with a Mud-slap to take it down! Remember, keep as defencive as you can until it gets weak, then STRIKE!"

    "Aron... Aron Ron!" Aron said, getting ready to take his new orders
    Mood: Happy



    The Steel Fan


    Gelée, Gelee, figure out what they both mean and send a PM to me

  7. #82
    Eureka seveN Solarsaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Solarsaur: Relying on firepower to get you through this battle you order Vulpix to destroy Shedinja with Heat Wave, but Haunter had been expecting this and immediately sends Vulpix into dreamland with Hypnosis, the powerful hypnotic waves washing over your little fox who is powerless against them and drops to the forest floor for a little snooze. Furious with this unexpected turn of events, Alakazam fires off a Confusion which Haunter (who did not block Vulpix’s Heat Wave)), meets head on with a Night Shade, the black thunderbolts colliding with the blue beam to cause one enormous explosion of psychic energy throwing Alakazam back against a tree at the edge of the clearing. Shedinja meanwhile, decides to settle on top of Vulpix and Leech his Life away while he sleeps. What will you do?
    [OOC: Sorry about my past reply. I knew I saw somethign about not catching evolved Pokemon. And I didn't know editing bugged you, so sorry again.]

    Thinking fast, Adam runs over and injects a blue medicine into Vulpix. Vulpix awakens from the Awakening and stares at the Shedinja. Alakazam gets up and Teleports back to Vulpix and myself. Both ready to prove themselves, wait for orders.

    "Alright guys. The Haunter and Shedinja are expecting Fire attacks right? Maybe we should use different strategies. Alakazam, teleport near the Haunter and summon a Thunder Wave to paralyze it. Then Vulpix, use a Heatwave on the Shedinja since it is near you. Alakazam, if the Haunter still tries to block Vulpix, Teleport near Shedinja and use a sneaky Fire Punch!" Adam shouted.

    Vulpix was getting in power while Alakazam was powering up for a Thunder Wave, preparing to teleport near Haunter and stop it from blocking most attacks. Adam smiled as he knew this strategy wold be better than a full-on Fire attack frenzy.

    "Now guys, if this strategy doesn't work, try to come up with a better one. It looks like these two Pokemon are cuinning, and may be able to outsmart us if we're not careful. Just remember to stick together and stick to the plan unless you are completely sure you can use a different, better strategy.
    Fizzy Bubbles Regi.

    Fancee banner coming soon if I cba.

  8. #83
    May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Bark Town, England
    Posts
    6,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    RAINBOW ROAD
    FabuVinny:Tempted to veer off the main path and take the side trail, your curiosity over the rustling roadside bushes takes precedence for the moment and so you take a step closer, bending down for a better look. At first you see nothing, but then the bushes rustle again, a sure sign of something hiding inside. Moving closer still, you’re eager to find out what is trying to hide when a cloud of spores suddenly bursts forth from the foliage. Startled, you leap backward, but not before inhaling some of the paralysing Stun Spore which immediately begins to affect you. You can feel your muscles cramping up and Mary is beside herself, furious with the little Paras who has just leapt out of the bushes, a cheeky little grin on it’s face. It seems this one was coercing you from the start, deliberately trying to draw your attention so it could have a bit of fun. What will you do?
    As Vincent falls to the ground in agony, Mary's first action is to rummage into his backpack. Finding a Parlyz Heal, Mary clumsily manages to squirt it into Vincent's mouth. After a few moments, some of the pain starts to go away.
    "How are you feeling?" asks a concerned Mary.
    "A little better, thanks," replies Vincent. "I think I'll stay sitting down for a bit, though."

    "Paras, Paras," laughs the little Paras, who has been enjoying the show.
    "Right, you!" shouts Mary, regaining fury, and turning on the Paras. "You're really lucky that we Mareep can't use Fury Swipes. But that won't save you for long!"
    But just as Mary starts to attack the Paras, Vincent cuts in.
    "Wait Mary! Maybe you should use Safeguard first to make sure that it can't use Stun Spore on you as well"
    Mary pauses.
    "Good idea."
    "Thanks. After that, use Tackle and follow up with Body Slam."

  9. #84
    Fizzy Bubble Member Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    COMET’S CORNER
    Wayne: You know a confrontation with the three approaching humans is inevitable and tighten your hold on Togepi slightly, your nerves pretty much shot. Deciding it’s best to have your wits about you, you snap yourself out of the trance settling over you and stand up straight, determined to hide the fear you feel creeping up your spine. Eventually the three begin to slow as they approach and eventually stop, looking down at you from upon their respective mounts, obviously well aware of the intimidation value of height and number. Putting on a brave face you smile at them, nervously introducing yourself while Togepi continues to bounce in your arms, chattering excitedly in welcome to its newfound friends.

    The three trainers stare at Togepi for a minute before casting each other knowing looks. Looks that you recognise could only mean trouble, and you feel the hairs on the back of your neck rise as the male trainer upon the Onix turns his eyes back to you and speaks.

    “Cute little Pokémon you have there,” he says, completely disregarding Bulbasaur. “I don’t suppose you would be interested in a trade?” His two counterparts sneer at this comment, and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that their version of “trade” means “hand over your Pokémon now, or else” and you find yourself instinctively taking a step backward. Togepi isn’t looking as excited as before either, as it can sense the tension in the air and it’s instincts are telling it that these people are not new friends after all. Togepi’s happy little face turns to worried little frown and as the trainer stared at it greedily. “We saw something land near here you see,” he drawls, never taking his eyes off Togepi, “so we came to investigate, but looky at what we found instead.”

    The female trainer on the Rapidash and the other male trainer upon the Tauros then begin moving in on you, flanking you on either side before a loud screech from above causes everyone to look into the sky. You’re not sure whether to be happy or scared as a young man who appears to be in his early twenties comes swooping down from the sky upon a Fearow. Sitting atop the Fearow’s head is a Totodile who begins to unleash a surprisingly powerful attack for such a little creature, it’s Hydro Pump aimed at the trainers who immediately begin shouting curses at the approaching lad while trying to evade being hit by the water. The trainer then swoops in low, reaching down to grab you and lift you up, swinging you around onto the back of Fearow while Bulbasaur makes a flying leap after you, just managing to land on Fearow before it escapes his reach. “Hold on tight!” the man yells, before guiding Fearow back into the sky and away from the trainers on the ground who are shaking their fists with rage and cursing up a storm as you make your escape.

    A few minutes later Fearow descends from the sky, landing safely on the ground many miles away from the bandits. The man helps you down and glances at you while reaching for Bulbasaur who is looking a little air-sick. “Looks like you got yourself into a bit of a scrape back there,” he says casually, a distinct expression of curiosity crossing his features as his eyes fall upon Togepi. “What on earth did you do to gain the attention of the Cawley’s?”

    Your reaction?


    Wayne heard the man with the Onix speak and then soon realized that they wanted the cute little Togepi. Wayne then started to get more nervous on the inside because he knew that if that the three people would see4 that he was nervous on the outside it would be all over for him. Wayne then suddenly felt Togepi calm down and realize that these people were definitely not their friends. Hearing the man talk about going to find what the something that landed near hear Wayne then started to comprehend that it was probably Togepi‘s pod. Wayne then saw the man with the Tauros and the female trainer with the Rapidash surround him. Wayne then heard a forceful shriek come from the sky causing Wayne to look at where the sound came from.

    Wayne then looked at a Fearow and a young man on top along with Totodile. A second later the small water pokémon then released one of the strongest Hydro Pumps he ever saw in his life. Wayne then saw the brave trainer swoop down from the sky and then he grabbed Wayne and then swing him to the back. Bulbasaur then jumped to it‘s trainer on top of the Fearow. A few minutes later Wayne then saw the Fearow go down from the sky. Looking at Bulbasaur Wayne then realized that the grass pokemon probably dislikes being on the air.

    Hearing the young man ask him a question of what did he do to attract the Cawley‘s attention Wayne then started to think of an answer. Wayne felt a bit nervous to talk to the man even though he probably saved his life. Wayne knew better than to trust anyone without getting to know them. “I did nothing. I was walking trying to find someone or something that would help me decipher a piece of paper that this Togepi gave me.” Wayne then went to Bulbasaur and started to pet him. “How you holding up there lil buddy?" The Bulbasaur then gave a meek response. “Anyway thank you for saving me. By the way my name is Wayne and this is Bulbasaur and Togepi. Anyway if I may ask you who exactly are the Cawley‘s? Do you know any information about them?” Wayne was quite intrigued by those people and needed some answers that hopefully the young man could answer.

  10. #85
    How's THAT for java. Radical_Edward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    707
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    As I stated at the beginning of this thread, if you put in the effort to give me a decent reply I'll return the favour and give you a decent update. I’m past the limit of my patience with some people so if you find your updates less than appealing, then start thinking about the reason for why that is.

    Also, at the bottom of this post is a little button with “quote” written on it. Try clicking it when replying to your update and behold the magic that unfolds...

    DELIBIRD RIDGE
    Radical Edward: Finally relieved to have a chance at some real action you approach this battle eagerly, releasing Dyrim who emerges from his Pokéball ready and rearing to go. Gengar chuckles, a sound which makes your spine tingle in an unpleasant manner while Dyrim begins the battle by Leering Gengar down in an attempt to prevent it from attacking too soon. Since using Sunny Day in this little chamber is out of the question, Dyrim uses the few seconds of opportunity he has to fully charge his fist with one massive dose of fire energy, the blazing light from his fist casting an eerie glow across the small chamber.

    Breaking free of Dyrim’s stare, Gengar shakes it’s spectral head as though being annoyed by an insect buzzing around it’s ear before grinning widely and giving Dyrim a rather intimidating stare of his own, Gengar’s Mean Look casting a faint blue glow across the room, combining with Dyrim’s fiery one to create an usual and very pretty aura. Dyrim is the one finding himself hesitant to move this time as he stands there in his battle pose and as he watches, Gengar’s eyes appear to swirl with misty black clouds giving Dyrim the sensation of looking into a bottomless void. The next minute two black thunderbolts shoot out of Gengar’s eyes, the Night Shade hitting Dyrim square in the chest and throwing him back against the chamber wall where he slides to the floor, ending up in a sitting position. Quickly pulling himself together, Dyrim regains his feet and his battle pose, humiliated after a failed first round and eager to show this cocky ghostie just what he is capable of.

    Your reaction?
    Seeing that dyrim isn't faring to well, Ben recalls him and then releases Bast.Looking around,She immeadiatly takes stock of the current situation and drops into battle pose,Hair standing on end and growling menacingly at the grinning ghostie.

    "Good to see you ready, Bast me'gel," mutters Ben,intensity matching that of his pokemon,"I want you to Sing it to sleep, than sap its energy with a Dream Eater, alright?"

    The small cat gives a vigorus nod of her head and drops even further into the ready, barely containing herself for this round of battle.
    .::EffBee::.
    Regi||P.C.

  11. #86
    SM sez hi. :O
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guess.
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Shiny Magneton: Some half hour later you are back at the base camp. Upon your arrival, Bulbasaur immediately looks to you for permission to go with Nurse Joy to the camps medical tent to ensure her new friend is ok while Ariados is more than happy to tag along with you and Mike. Mike leads you into the tunnel where you can see the Machoke and Golem have almost completely unblocked the passage leading further inside and you feel proud knowing that you and your Pokémon have played a large part in making this happen. Watching the Pokémon finish the job, you leave the tunnel to see Nidoqueen sitting under a tree by the mountainside while her baby Nidoran lays sprawled by her side, resting in the shade on this blistering summer day. You smile, relieved to see that the baby has taken to her again when a raised voice catches your attention. You and Mike immediately turn to see where it is coming from when you notice two figures standing on the mountainside. One is holding something while the other yells out to the campsite below.

    “You think you have foiled Team Rocket’s plans!” he yells, “But you have not! This is your last warning! Get out of this area at once or we will detonate the explosives we have planted all over the side of this mountain! This is Rocket land and we will not have you trespassing a moment longer! Leave now before more die as a result of your foolishness!”

    Looking to Mike you can see his expression is one of pure, unadulterated rage, while you’re left wondering what the hell is going on around here. But whatever the story, you know two things for certain. The first is that one of them is holding a detonator and the second is that judging from the expression on Mike’s face, they’re deadly serious...
    Walking into the base camp, Bulbasaur gently rubs her head against Stephen's leg, before looking up to him, as to ask for permission to see Snorlax. He nods, and Bulbasaur happily trots off, disappearing into the medical tent.

    However, two figures suddenly catch Stephen's eye on the mountainside. One of them screams to the camp, stating that they are from Team Rocket, and own the land. Stephen then looks to Mike, and on his face is one of pure rage.

    In a deep sigh, Stephen dives into deep thought. Discreatly, Stephen drops Swellow's Pokeball behind him. Whispering out of the corner of his mouth to try to avoid the Rockets from hearing, Stephen says "Swellow, swoop around back of the Rocket's and take that detonator from him. Try to do that as quickly as possible."

  12. #87
    黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    13,195
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    63
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress

    Archaic: Calling for Omekekashi you explain what has happened so far and leave her in the reliable hands of Maebureshi for some training before turning to Treecko. Upon hearing your request, Treecko’s jaw drops, his eyes almost boggling out of his head before he begins sputtering, “You… You… You can’t do that!” which causes Omekekashi and Maebureshi to stop dead in their tracks as they were about to walk out the door. Turning, they both eye Treecko with disdain, yet both curious as to what is going to happen next.

    “You can’t just expect me to get into that… that thing!” Treecko yells at the top of his lungs. “I’m not your prisoner! I’m not your property! You can’t order me into that! You’d have to capture me first and that’s not going to happen!”

    Treecko stops ranting although he is muttering something that sounds distinctly like curses under his breath, giving you, Maebureshi and Omekeashi death stares while his little chest heaves heavily from a mixture of anxiety and anger. You simply look at him with disdain, but say nothing, knowing that when it comes to a battle of wills, you’ll outlast this little coward in a heartbeat. Maebureshi however, appears to have come to a decision and walks over, grabbing Treecko by the scruff of the neck and hauling him unceremoniously out the door, much to Treecko’s adamant protests.

    Following Maebureshi outside you watch as he tosses Treecko to the ground then motions for Omekekashi to take her position. It is then that you realise what he is up to. Since Treecko is being difficult, Maebureshi has decided that Omekekashi shall train against Treecko rather than do whatever it is he had previously planned for her and that when she wins the battle you can do just as Treecko had said. Capture him.

    Maebureshi nods at Omekekashi then steps back to watch the battle while Omekekashi looks to you, awaiting your instructions...
    Bugger, I didn't mean for Maebureshi to take that suggestion literally..., Mamoru thinks to himself, following the unfortunate Treeko being dragged outside. How troublesome...

    Careful not to let his disappointment show on his face, he turns around to face the wayward Grass type.
    "Treeko, Treeko...you've only proven my point, and you've only brought this upon yourself by that emotional outburst. I warned you that someone might decide you could be of better use as a punching bag, didn't I? Oh well, it can't be helped now. Omekekashi, dear..."

    He motions her over, swinging his pack off, kneeling down, and rummaging around inside it for something.
    "I'd intended to give you these later, but if we're about to have a training session, there's no point holding back. Ah, here we go..."
    From his bag, he pulls out a small drawstring pouch, which he gives to Omekekashi.
    "Here, eat these. A nice little desert after that feast. I hope you left enough room for yourself."

    (Mamoru gives Omekekashi 15 Rare Candies - Omekekashi raises to Level 23 - Omekekashi learns Endure, Fury Attack, Brick Break)

    Giving her a moment to devour her favourite sweats, Mamoru stands back up, and turns to address Treeko again.
    "I suggest that you at least try to make this a decent training session for Omekekashi, if you're going to be wanting any potions afterward. Do be sure to tell me when you're ready to surrender. This is a battle to the death that we're training for, and my girl won't be holding back. I'd hate for you to be killed needlessly and pointlessly.

    Wordlessly, having already finished the candies, Omekekashi walks up alongside Mamoru, and places the drawstring bag in his hand.
    "Well then, it appears that we're all set...so let's begin, shall we? Omekekashi....I believe you know exactly what to do. Let's see if Treeko will be a little more cooperative once he's taken your Fury Attack head on..."

  13. #88
    green jeans ades's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pacific
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by enchantress

    COMET’S CORNER
    ades: It’s perfectly fine ^-^

    With Growlithe already upon the field, you toss your own Pokéball forward to reveal Water who towers menacingly over top of the little pup. Growlithe looks up at Water, startled at first to see who his opponent is, but soon focuses his attention on the battle, treating Water as he would any other opponent.

    Growlithe begins the battle by releasing an almighty Roar in an attempt to intimidate Water which proves fruitless. Water simply stares calmly back at him before lunging in to attack with a Tackle. Growlithe quickly leaps to the side, evading the attack, but Water isn’t finished yet and as his rocky, snake-like body slides along the ground past Growlithe, he curls himself around and Binds himself around the fiery pup, locking Growlithe up securely in his grasp.

    While water begins to squeeze, Growlithe releases a pained yelp, but this little pup isn’t one to give up easily and takes a deep breath before expelling a shower of blazing hot Embers from his lungs. As the tiny flames fall over top of Water leaving several dark scorch marks behind, Water loosens his grip just enough for Growlithe to wriggle free of his grasp and plop safely to the ground.

    Neither Pokémon has taken much damage this round, but it is evident that both are strong-willed and neither will give in without a good fight..
    John had never been in a Pokemon battle before. Certainly never before a crowd and in a tournament. So it felt odd when John shouted the orders out, hearing the roar of the crowd and most importantly, Water responding. He surged out onto the field like a lion let loose from his cage and tried an awkward Tackle, which the nimble Growlithe easily dodged.

    It was when Growlithe popped out of a crushing Bind that John realised this fight was going to be harder than he thought. John's opponent, Malcolm had chosen his Pokemon well. Growlithe was smaller but he was also more importantly faster than a heavy Onix. Water would have to tough it out.

    "Water, try Tackling him again!"
    Last edited by ades; 10th November 2005 at 12:53 AM.

  14. #89
    Legendary Hero KoalaDevourer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On a path of trouble (for others) and fun (for me).
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    RAINBOW WATERFALLS
    Loki: Standing your ground against the two men who are looking furious as they scan the room, witnessing the damage you have done to their little operation, you have absolutely no fear as you release Salamence whose magnificent presence causes them to back away a few paces. The fear in their eyes quickly turns to greed and you can see their minds spinning. Salamence may not be a water type, but she is powerful, and they want her!

    Weepinbell’s trainer immediately leaves it to fend for itself while he races off to a shelf on the side wall to grab another electrified rod which he switches to its highest setting while Salamence stares both Weepinbell and Nidorino down with a Scary Face, her sheer presence causing them to hesitate with their attacks as they are far too Intimidated by her to move in. Using this moment of hesitation to her advantage, Salamence takes a deep breath before unleashing a powerful misty greenish-blue flame from her mouth, being sure to direct it back and forth across both enemy Pokémon. Weepinbell is immediately paralysed while Nidorino suffers some minor burns but this attack has jolted it out of it’s panicked state and it charges toward Salamence using Horn Attack to drive it’s horn as deep into her chest as he can while her attention is distracted by Nidorino’s trainer who has just released a Tentacool, tossing the Pokéball straight toward her face so the jellyfish Pokémon could latch onto her before she has an opportunity to react.

    While Salamence rears up onto her hind legs releasing a roar of pain that could wake the dead, the trainer with the electric rod races forward and is ready to strike her in the belly with it when a streak of orange/red flashes past your eyes, bowling into Nidorino with such force that his horn is immediately dislodged from Salamence’s chest and it goes flying into the trainer with the rod. Pokémon and trainer crash to the ground in a tangled heap while you are left staring in amazement at a very healthy, well cared-for Blaziken.

    “Great job Blaze!” Mike yells, excited.

    Giving him a nod of thanks you return your attention to the trainers. It appears these guys are more than willing to fight dirty which enrages you even further and as they regroup for another round of battle they each release another Pokémon. The first releasing a Raichu and the second a Kadabra. The two Pokémon immediately team up to release a combo attack, Raichu’s Thunderbolt combining with Kadabra’s Psybeam to create one hell of a powerful beam of electrically charged psychic energy which careens straight for Salamence. She is ready this time however, creating a semi-transparent shield which surrounds her and Protects her from the attack.

    Blaziken then leaps forward, rising high into the air in between both Pokémon, his feet afire as each one smacks hard into Raichu and Kadabra’s heads with Blaze Kick. Both take a nasty hit falling back onto their rears while Salamence and Blaziken both prepare for another round of battle.
    Loki turned towards Mike and grinned. "Thanks for the help."

    He turned back towards the criminals and says, "I told you. I will not tolerate your dirty tricks. And now, as I promised, I will let loose judgement upon you all!"

    Loki throws his Pokeball. A glorious flash of light fills the cave as Dunsparce materializes at Loki's feet. The theives stare at it dumbfoundedly, then begin to laugh. A mere Dunsparce was nothing in comparison to Loki's grand Salamence. How could something so small and pathetic looking be his weapon of judgement?

    Dunsparce was not pleased at all, almost ready to strike without command, to tear them apart, but Loki kneeled down and placed his palm on his companion's head to calm him. "A Pokemon's true strength lies within! And today, I will show you just how foolish you all are!"

    "Dunsparce, Glare at Kadabra! Then quickly chase it down with Pursuit before unleashing your Rage! Salamence, Use Aerial Ace to get in close to Raichu, then use a Dragon Claw to cut it down before finishing it off with a Double-Edge!"

    He then turns to Mike and says, "These weaklings should be no match for you and your Blaziken. I am more then confident that you can handle Nidorino and the rest"

  15. #90
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Some people are not using the magic button :/

    Also, just an advance warning, I’ll be quitting updating as soon as UPN’s Campaign is finished. I'll finish off my original groups storylines who transferred from UPN (and Archaic's) because I'd like to see them through to the end, I've restarted one of you because there's no way I can finish your story over the next couple of months, and all others will eventually be picked up by other ZA's over in UPN's Cloud Garden.


    STARDUST FIELDS
    Ichi: Your last update


    RAINBOW ROAD
    FabuVinny: Mary quickly helps to relieve you from the paralysing effects of Paras’ Stun Spore before she turns on the little mushroom Pokémon, ready to slash it to ribbons. However, she wisely takes your advice, setting up a Safeguard before moving in to attack.

    Now feeling relatively safe from being effected by Paras’ Stun Spore, Mary runs straight toward it for a Tackle, but the little buggy is waiting for her and tries to Scratch her on the nose. Unfortunately for Paras, Mary is protected by her Safeguard and she crashes into the tiny mushroom, her body weight pinning it beneath her as she skids to a halt. Paras struggles to free itself from beneath her, attempting to give her another Scratch for good measure but, still protected, Mary takes no damage and turns, lunging at it with Body Slam, ramming herself into Paras as hard as she can. Paras takes a tumble, falling head over heels along the ground before coming to a rather unceremonious halt in the dirt a few feet away. Regaining its feet, Paras turns and glares at Mary, furious for the humiliation it has suffered during this first round of battle. What will you do now?



    CLOUD FOREST
    Tyr: Your last update

    ABL: Your last update

    Shiny Magneton: Wondering what to do due to this unexpected turn of events, you know you can’t move away from the area without being seen as it is far too open and so you discreetly drop Swellow’s Pokéball to the ground behind you. Whispering your instructions, Swellow nods and streaks off into the distance. Due to her rather colourful plumes, the Rocket’s notice her flying away and laugh.

    “You can’t send for help!” the one who appears to be the higher ranking of the two calls out. “This mountain will be nothing but a pile of rubble by the time anyone arrives and don’t think we won’t destroy it if you don’t leave! That cave-in five years ago didn’t happen by itself. You people and your stupid Pokémon wandering over our land had to be stopped but you wouldn’t go away would you? You had to stay and work on clearing it out so we put another obstacle in your wa..” but at that moment, Swellow swoops in from behind after having circled around the area, flying right through the middle of both men, grasping the detonator in her claws as she zooms past. The Rockets are so shocked by her appearance that they lose their footing, one tumbling down the mountainside while the other scrambles back to his feet, barely managing to save himself from falling after his comrade. Enraged, he turns and shakes his fist, his face red with anger. “You’ll pay for this! Team Rocket ALWAYS wins!” he yells, before darting off in the opposite direction and out of sight.

    You stare after him for a moment, completely dumbstruck by the sheer idiocy of these two humans, while Mike and the others rush over to the Rocket member who had fallen down the mountainside, the one who had been holding the detonator. Following, you arrive on the scene to find them dragging him to his feet. He appears to be a little shaken, covered in bruises and tiny cuts from the fall, but otherwise perfectly ok.

    “Right,” Mike says, the anger in his voice unmasked. “You have some questions to answer buddy!” to which the Rocket member simply sneers. “I ain’t tellin’ you nuffin’” before spitting onto Mike’s shoes. Mike and two of the other Forest Rangers immediately escort him to one of the tents for what you assume to be an interrogation, leaving you behind to wonder what to do with yourself. You consider going over to the medical tent to check up on Snorlax and Bulbasaur, but right at that moment the two Machoke who had been clearing the tunnel come running out trying to capture the attention of anyone who will listen. It appears they’ve found something... What will you do?


    Archaic: Listening to you insult him further, Treecko doesn’t even attempt to look for a way out of this battle which seems so unlike him, he simply stares at your back while you feed Omekekashi some candies, your words spinning around in his head. When Omekekashi is finally ready and you return your attention to him, Treecko’s entire demeanour appears to have changed. He’s standing tall and gazing back at you with pure loathing in his eyes. Informing him to at least try to make this a decent training session for Omekekashi, Treecko’s eyes glint with a hint of menace you had never seen there before and for the first time you have to wonder if you may have misjudged him. Treecko meets your gaze steadily and nods his head, the movement so small that you wonder if he’d even made it at all. “You shall learn” he says, before turning to face Omekekashi.

    Relaying your instructions to Omekekashi, you stand back and watch as the two Pokémon face off, intrigued by Treecko’s sudden change in temperament. Rather than being the coward you thought him to be, Treecko appears to be wanting this battle, the expression on his face one of pure confidence. He stands his ground, apparently waiting for Omekekashi to make the first move, and when she does come charging for him Treecko simply stands there until she is barely two feet away. Suddenly he springs into motion, leaping into the air as Omekekashi moves closer. She doesn’t have time to slow her pace as she comes closer to the spot Treecko was standing only a moment before, and as she nears the now empty space Treecko spins in mid-air before coming back down inches in front of Omekekashi, his tail swinging around so quickly that you can barely see it. You do hear the thud however, as it Pounds hard into Omekekashi’s face before she even has an opportunity to get in her first hit. Omekekashi is sent reeling backward to land on her rear several paces away while Treecko lands lightly on the ground, not even having broken a sweat. He glances at you briefly, the smirk on his face unmistakable, before turning his gaze back to Omekekashi who is shaking her head vigorously, temporarily stunned by the blinding pain caused by Treecko’s attack...


    Solarsaur: Half of your reply is what we term, “Self Updating”. I’m sorely tempted to ask you to rewrite your response but I’ll humour you. Next time, I won’t.

    Racing over to Vulpix, you apply some Awakening while Shedinja backs away, not willing to allow you to get too close to it. Alakazam returns to you ready for the next round of battle and, trying to think up a new strategy you watch the two Ghost Pokémon warily, by now well aware of the fact they have a great deal of experience with double team battling and are not about to go down without a good fight. Finally reaching a decision, you relay your orders to Vulpix and Alakazam and watch as the battle unfolds.

    Alakazam immediately disappears, reappearing a moment later right behind Haunter and attacking point-blank with Thunder Wave, the tiny tendrils of electricity shooting through Haunter and paralysing it instantly while Vulpix targets Shedinja. The little firefox takes a deep breath before unleashing a massive blast of superheated air mixed with dozens of tiny flames which streaks across the clearing to engulf the spectral bug but not before Shedinja has made sure to Endure the hit.

    Vulpix isn’t looking too hot now, his Heat Wave having consumed a great deal of energy, while Alakazam isn’t looking all too great either. That hit in the last round combined with all of the energy used for firing up elemental and psychic moves making him look a tad faint, but before you even realise what is happening, Haunter has managed to lull all three of you with Hypnosis, and you can feel yourself falling into dreamland, your memories of everything that has happened in the past few hours becoming vaguer and vaguer by the second until....

    Heading through the forest with Bulbasaur by your side you enjoy the beautiful calming effect of the afternoon sun as it filters through the canopy of leaves above, the streaks of sunlight dancing about as a gentle breeze causes the leaves to rustle slightly in its wake. The sounds of nature fill your ears as the inhabitants of the forest go about their daily business. After several minutes of peaceful wandering Bulbasaur suddenly stops dead in his tracks, his head cocked to one side as though listening to something. With a small frown creasing your brow you watch him curiously for a moment, wondering what it is he can hear when a low rumble suddenly issues from his throat. Slightly nervous now you look in the direction Bulbasaur is staring and notice an Aipom hanging from an overhead branch. The next minute, the little monkey like creature jumps to the ground in front of you and pokes Bulbasaur in the nose. Looks like this one is challenging your Bulbasaur to a battle. What will you do?

    [As consolation for the restart, Alakazam and Vulpix receive one level each.]



    MYSTERY ISLAND
    Arn: Gary looks at you thoughtfully for a few moments, his mind spinning with possibilities. “I do have one Pokémon who could Teleport into the prison and then back out again, but I’m not comfortable with risking her safety by allowing her to leave the ranch where she may be seen. If her existence is discovered, she’ll be at risk just like all of the other Psychic Pokémon.”

    While you walk, Gary appears to be leading you toward a large barn to the right of the main house as he continues talking. “Tauros is a good Pokémon. It’s fast, but if you’re discovered you’ll need to be able to outrun your pursuers as quickly as possible, and preferably making very little noise, but I have just the thing for that which will also take care of the problem of you and Faith needing separate steeds for transportation.” Finally reaching the barn doors, he swings them open and motions for you to follow him inside. “This,” he says, with a sweeping gesture of his arms, “is where we will hide Faith until the uproar following her escape settles. When the time is right, she will be able to travel and get as far away from here as possible.”

    You look around the barn in disbelief wondering if Gary could possibly be having you on. The barn is large and has several stalls for horses. There are ladders leading to an upper level of the barn where various supplies are stored, but there is no way on God’s earth that you could hide a person in here if someone were to come looking. Gary is aware of the thoughts running through your head and smiles knowingly. “It’s alright,” he says, I know what you’re thinking, but I know what I’m doing.” Leading you to the farthest stall at the back, right-hand side of the barn, he slides a large barrel to the side to reveal nothing more than a small coil of rope. You can’t help but wonder if Gary is slightly insane right now, but a moment later when he bends down and tugs on the rope to reveal a trap-door cleverly concealed in the floor opening wide, you grin widely, thinking this to be a brilliant plan. “Follow me,” he says, descending a small ladder before disappearing into darkness.

    A minute later you find yourself standing in near pitch darkness. You can make out nothing at all from the thin film of light filtering through from the open trap-door above, but then Gary lights a lamp which relieves the darkness, casting a dim glow across a small room, about 10ft x 10ft and a little over 6ft high. It’s small, and it’s clear that nobody could live down here for an extended period of time, but it is very well hidden and has a pile of soft blankets stored in one corner for a person to sleep should it be necessary. One wall has some makeshift shelves upon which are stored various kinds of non-perishable foods in case of emergency and you nod approvingly, knowing this little hideout could be Faith’s only chance of survival.

    “This is where Faith can hide if anyone searches the ranch. It’s safe,” Gary says with determined certainty, his tone of voice causing you to glance in his direction, making you wonder yet again why he would go to so much trouble to hide Faith when he could lose everything if she’s discovered on his ranch. “I know she won’t be found here, so she’ll be safe until it’s time for her to travel.”

    Ten minutes later you and Gary are standing outside of the Barn. He turns to you, a serious expression on his face. “I have the transport you and faith will need,” he says, before lifting his fingers to his lips, turning his face toward the sky and releasing the strangest whistling sound you have ever heard. It sounds more like a bird call than a whistle, and a few moments later a beautiful blue bird Pokémon, it’s body surrounded with a cottony, cloud-like aura, descends from the sky to land elegantly beside Gary, it’s graceful neck reaching forward so that it may gently nuzzle Gary’s face in greeting. Smiling, Gary gently stokes the bird’s silky feathers, affectionately welcoming it’s arrival.
    “This,” he says, turning his gaze back to you, “is a very special friend of mine. And this,” he continues, reaching into the cloud covering the bird’s chest and gently unlatching a Pokéball cleverly hidden from view while being safely secured to the bird’s body, “is my best friend in the world.” Triggering the release mechanism on the Pokéball, you see a bright flash of light before it fades to reveal a Kadabra standing in front of you, clearly very happy to see Gary, but eyeing you with an expression of fear mixed with a hint of curiosity.

    Your reaction?



    COMET’S CORNER
    ades: I would strongly advise teaching Water some Egg/MT/HM moves or your battles are going to become very tedious, very quickly. It’s just a suggestion...

    Water may have the size and strength advantage over Growlithe, but this little pup is quick - and smart. It was going to take more than a big old rock snake to bring this little one down, a fact you realise very quickly. Instructing Water to use Tackle, he takes advantage of his close proximity to Growlithe and swings the front of his massive body to the side, ramming heavily into Growlithe who yelps in agony and is tossed clear across the field. Growlithe quickly recovers his feet and you soon discover another little trick this one has up his sleeve as he unleashes a powerful stream of flames which streak across the field and engulf Water. Growlithe dashes forward, his movement slightly hindered by the pain caused from the blow from Water’s Tackle, but his Fire Spin has bought him a few seconds and when he is a few feet away, Growlithe releases an Ember into the flames, effectively boosting it’s power before standing back to watch and contemplate his next move as the spiralling fiery tornado flares up brilliantly with Water trapped inside.


    Wayne: The young man’s curious expression peaks even more at the mention of a piece of paper Togepi had given you, but he politely restrains himself from asking, instead choosing to hear you out completely before responding.

    “I’m Dean,” he replies with a friendly smile, extending his hand in response to your introduction, “and these are my friends Jenny and Maxi” he continues, gesturing toward Fearow and Totodile respectively. Jenny simply ruffles her feathers before returning her gaze back onto the wide expanse of Comet’s Corner, her Keen Eyes searching for any signs of trouble, while Maxi hops up and down excitedly, pleased he has been introduced. Togepi immediately squeals in delight, pleased to have found someone who is a friend, its excitement rubbing off on Maxi who begins hopping about more vigorously, eager to play with both Togepi and Bulbasaur.

    Dean chuckles at Maxi’s antics before he continues speaking. “We come from a settlement not far from here. Not much is known about Comet’s Corner so various colonies have been set up all over the area, each specialising in different scientific studies. The settlement I’m from concentrates on botanical life and we have found some amazing specimens which I’m sure your little friend here will love.” Reaching out, he gives Bulbasaur an affectionate scratch on the head earning him an instant smile from the little grass type.

    “The Cawley’s however,” Dean continues, his expression turning dark, “are trouble. They’re a family of thieves and scoundrels. Brothers, sisters, cousins, several generations of them all living together on a ranch they’ve built not far from here. They’re greedy little parasites and are responsible for many attacks upon defenceless travellers as well as upon the different settlements scattered across the area. They’ll steal anything they think can fetch them a few dollars so when we saw them surrounding you we figured they were at it again.”

    His expression turning thoughtful, Dean looks back at Togepi who is smiling and chattering happily to Maxi and Bulbasaur. “You said Togepi gave you a piece of paper?” he asks. “We have a lab back at the colony. The Professor who runs the place is well versed in several different ancient scriptures. If you’re interested, you can return with us to see if there is anything he can do to help.”

    Your reaction?


    Jelly: Deciding to go with a more defensive strategy, Aron Hardens himself, his metallic body glowing white for a moment before it fades, leaving his exoskeleton harder and tougher than normal. Rattata eyes him warily, it’s little mind turning over as it tries to figure out a way past Aron’s increased defences. This is one clever little rodent however, and it isn’t about to let a tough armor-plated foe get the better of it. Rattata lunges for Aron, twisting its body in mid-air and striking Aron, once again, across his eyes, the one place where his hardened shell cannot protect him. Aron’s eyes begin watering profusely, the stinging sensation blinding him. Rapidly blinking away the tears, he tries to hone in on Rattata’s location but finds himself Tail Whipped by the pesky little critter once more before he can focus. Rather than tiring, Rattata appears to be enjoying this little game it has going, and you could swear it’s smirking at you which makes you only more determined to defeat it. Realising this defensive strategy isn’t exactly helping him, Aron then attempts to perform a Fury Cutter, lashing out in the direction he last felt Rattata attack, and through sheer luck gets in two good slashes for moderate damage to the little rat before Rattata retaliates with Quick Attack, knocking Aron off-balance and so ending his assault. Incensed, Aron retaliates with Mud-slap, but with this being such an arid area there is no available mud for him to use and so instead kicks up as much dirt and loose gravel as he can, letting it fly in Rattata’s general direction. Rattata takes a faceful of dirt and now finds its own eyes watering and it begins rubbing at its eyes, trying to get rid of the foreign material causing them to sting. What would you like to do now?


    RAINBOW WATERFALLS
    Loki: Obviously finding the presence of a Dunsparce who will supposedly impart justice upon them not only highly amusing, but also completely absurd, the two thieves burst into laughter. Even Mike has a questioning expression upon his face, but he simply shrugs to himself, deciding to trust your judgement. Planning out how you are going to approach this battle, Mike nods his understanding of his role, and immediately instructs Blaziken to move in on Nidorino and Tentacool.

    Dunsparce meanwhile, is itching to show these two goons exactly what he is capable of and Glares at Kadabra while a dark veil of energy forms around him. With Kadabra held firmly in place for a few seconds, Dunsparce strikes quickly with Pursuit. Kadabra attempts to retaliate with a Confusion but the dark energy from Dunsparce’s Pursuit is protecting him from being affected. Dunsparce then decides to unleash his anger upon Kadabra, attacking with a barrage of powerful close-range attacks, anything and everything he has learned and used during his lifetime in a vicious Rage-filled assault upon the psychic type who falls, KO’d, in a matter of moments. Level up for Dunsparce.

    While Dunsparce is dealing with Kadabra, Salamence uses her dexterity to move in on Raichu with Aerial Ace before swiping it in the head with Dragon Claw. Raichu falls to it’s knees, taking heavy damage. Attempting to get even with a Thunderbolt, the attack does little to Salamence who quickly finishes off the electric rat with Double-Edge. Level up for Salamence.

    With both of your Pokémon having taken down their respective foes, you look over to see how Mike is doing just in time to witness Blaziken deal the final blow to both Tentacool and Nidorino with one highly powered Flamethrower. God only knows what else he’d done to the two of them while you were watching your own Pokémon battle, but both of them fall under the final assault, Tentacool sitting on the floor in a shrivelled ball beside the defeated Nidorino.

    The thieves are so shocked by their defeat that it takes them a moment to comprehend exactly what has happened here, but when they do they don’t even stop to collect their fallen Pokémon, they just RUN!

    “Grrrrrrr!” Mike yells in frustration. “They’re going for help! We’re not going to find anything else in here, we have to follow them!” And returning Blaze he races down the hallway the thieves had fled through calling over his shoulder, “Get your Gyarados before you lose him again! I’ll find out where those two are going and come back for you!”


    WolfinOutlawAsi: Your last update


    DELIBIRD RIDGE
    Radical Edward: Deciding to go for a more strategic style of battle, you return Dyrim who shoots you an insulted glare before he vanishes inside his Pokéball. Calling out Bast, your little kitty cat quickly takes in the scene and sits silently by your side, her sharp feline eyes never leaving Gengar’s. Relaying your instructions, Bast nods, understanding what you want of her and then begins to release a soft, melodious tune, her beautiful Singing voice intensified by the confines of the chamber.

    Gengar is quick to react, wanting to put a stop to Basts singing as quickly as possible and sends a Confuse Ray darting across the room. The faint blue beam of psychic energy strikes Bast in the chest, the attack having its desired effect. Bast stops singing, winded from the hit, but fortunately evades the confusing side-effects this attack is sometimes known to cause. Gengar however, is looking a little drowsy. It appears Basts Sing had some effect on it after all. What will you do now?
    Last edited by enchantress; 14th November 2005 at 10:32 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •