The Cloud Garden Recorded History - Page 5

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 121

Thread: The Cloud Garden Recorded History

  1. #61
    How's THAT for java. Radical_Edward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    CLOUD FOREST
    Tyr: Your last update



    DELIBIRD RIDGE
    Radical Edward: Dumbfounded by the ancient verse you read over it again and again, desperately trying to decipher it’s meaning. Correctly assuming that you will need the aide of your Pokémon, or at least one of them, to get past this door and what you suspect is the first of many obstacles in your path you release Vasuki, Silver and Bast for moral support if nothing else. All three Pokémon try various tricks to open the doorway but unfortunately nothing seems to work which makes you think you may be overlooking something. Thinking back over the verse you try to single out any specific words or phrases which could help you to decipher its meaning.

    The spirits of men, women and children lie
    Within the chamber where they did die,
    Their restless souls searching for peace
    Trapped forever with the eternal beast,
    To enter you must show that you do care
    The vision of future in your ethereal stare,
    This inner sight will show you the way
    Into the dark from the light of day.


    With this riddle so focused on the dead, you wonder if perhaps there is something else you can do.....
    OOC: None of my pogeys know future sight...*sigh*

    Confused and at a loss for anything else to do, Ben Returs his pokemon and than pulls out his 'dex.Queing up the "web search" option, ben types in the ancient verse and searches. as nothing comes up, he decides to be a bit more specific, typing in Future,Ethereal, and Sight.He is immediatly hit with hundreds of matches.sighing, he begins to pick through them all.Sighing, folds his dex back up and sticks it back in his Bandolier, exhausted from his day of trying to get into the aerodactyl spire.Suddenly, A pokeball in his bandolier starts to shake, and then out pops Erebus.The little ghost seems a bit more serious than normal, and purposfley floats up to the door, a look of determination on his face.Ben is interested by this, and watches as the 'bitty ghost continiues his slow prosession to the lines of the ancient verse...
    .::EffBee::.
    Regi||P.C.

  2. #62
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,030

    Default Tis an update! o0

    STARDUST FIELDS
    Ichi: “I’ll be fine,” Kat responds, trying to ignore the feel of your muscular arms wrapped firmly around her waist. She quickly turns her face away from you and stares straight ahead, but not before you notice the traces of a blush begin to flush her cheeks. It is in that moment that you realise Kat is not the harsh, cranky girl that she portrays herself to be but some instinct inside of you tells you it will not be a wise move for you to let her know that you have discovered a softer side to her, so you remain silent while she takes control of Salamence who lurches into the sky at her command.

    Moments later you find yourself soaring above the mountaintop, your gaze travelling along the densely covered ridges and valleys below. After several minutes of uneventful searching, you feel Kat’s body suddenly go rigid and she points. “There,” she says, a hint of excitement in her voice. “I think we’ve found something.” Looking in the direction she is pointing, you notice several figures standing in a circle, in the middle of what appears to be a heated debate. Luckily they are too preoccupied with their argument to notice a bright green Salamence circling in the sky above so Kat quickly orders Salamence to descend, and a moment later you come to land on the ground at a safe distance from the people you had seen.

    You both dismount Salamence and Kat returns him to his pokeball before hissing, “Come on! We don’t have any time to waste!” There is something in her demeanour that once again leads you to believe that she is hiding something from you. Her interest in accompanying you from the start had seemed suspicious, but you don’t dwell on the matter as she has already taken off through the trees and disappeared from view. Rushing after her you find her crouching behind some shrubbery on the edge of a clearing which backs onto the mountainside. In the side of the mountain is a gaping tunnel entrance guarded by several trainers who are still in the midst of an argument.

    Kat hears your approach and turns, placing a finger to her lips in a “Shhh!” fashion before motioning for you to come forward. Moving up to take position beside her, you both focus on the group standing in the clearing. You recognise their clothing immediately as they are all decked out in the same clothing. Black trousers and shirts with a strange red symbol displayed on the front of their shirts. The last time you had seen this symbol was when the boy you had been following had confronted an older trainer who had ordered him to locate the other half of the map that you now have in your possession. The last time you had seen the symbol you were unable to make it out clearly but this time you could see that it resembled a triangle with a wavy line running horizontally through its centre.

    While you and Kat stay back to listen to the conversation, you suddenly feel a hand shove you from behind and you sprawl forward through the shrubs and into the clearing beyond. Kat lands beside you, also pushed forward, and the trainers immediately fall silent. You then hear a familiar cocky voice behind and realise what has happened. “Well, well, well, looky at what we have here. Two little spies come to save the world.” The voice then forms into the figure of a person as he walks around in front of you. Looking up you see the boy who had stolen Nidoran and Wingull. You then hear Kat’s breath catch in her throat and your eyes dart toward her. A look of recognition and loathing has twisted her features and she can barely spit out the word, “You!”

    The boy ignores her, instead focusing his attention on you. “I believe you have something that belongs to me.” he says. Turning to the black clad trainers he says in a drawling tone, “It looks like the second piece of the puzzle has come to us. He has the map!” He then steps back while the trainers move in on you. What will you do?



    CLOUD FOREST
    Tyr: Your last update

    ABL: With Dark Espeon vanishing into the night you have an overwhelming urge to protect the small feline. You can’t explain why you feel this connection with it but you know that you need to follow it. With all of your Pokémon bar Karma returned safely to their Pokéballs, you do the only thing you feel you can, you attempt to track Dark Espeon down. Karma heads off into the forest, her keen sense of smell picking up on Dark Espeon’s scent immediately. Walking beside your faithful companion, your mind wanders back to the voice you had heard earlier, “Shadow, get back here RIGHT NOW or it’s the dungeons for you!” You can tell the voice belongs to a girl not much older than yourself but it was so full of coldness, a cruel and bitter, terrifying quality had pierced your heart upon hearing it and you know with utmost certainty that you’re going to have to be very careful about approaching this girl should you happen to meet with her.

    Several minutes later you enter an area of the forest that isn’t quite as dark as it was where you had arrived. There is moonlight breaking through the tree branches overhead, lighting your path, if only a little, yet the light is welcome after the morbid, pitch black surroundings in which you had arrived. Karma suddenly stops walking, her head cocked to the side as though listening to something. Nudging you gently while a low warning rumbles in her throat, it’s apparent that she doesn’t want you to take another step forward at this point in time. Stopping beside her you listen intently, trying to hear whatever it is she had picked up on. At first you hear nothing, but you soon hear the sound of movement and the same voice you had heard minutes before. Karma lays her belly flat on the ground as the voice approaches and you quickly drop to the forest floor beside her, listening as the footsteps approach.

    “I hope haven’t been up to anything dangerous on these nightly strolls of yours Shadow,” the girl says, a distinct threatening tone in her voice. “You know the penalty for disloyalty and I would hate to have to see you suffer the consequences of any indiscretions.”

    At this point the girl walks past you, stopping for a moment to look down at her feet. You can see she is holding a satchel of some sort and you could swear you see something inside of it moving. You cannot see her face however as she is standing on the opposite side of a row of trees while you are laying flat to the ground on the other side. All you can see is her black boots and what appears to be a long black dress or robe fluttering gently around her ankles in the cool night breeze, but it is not her clothing that interests you, it is the small black figure of Dark Espeon who is sitting on the ground looking up at her with those large ruby eyes. Dark Espeon shakes it’s gives a slight, regal shake of it’s head in response to the girls’ question, staring confidently back into her eyes. There is a moment’s pause in which you can feel the tension in the air before the girl speaks again. “Very well then,” she replies. “Let us not waste any more time. We have preparations to see to.”

    She then turns and continues walking while Dark Espeon takes it’s time to follow. It looks directly into your eyes, through the bushes separating the two of you, staring deeply into your eyes for several long seconds before turning and walking off into the night after it’s mistress.


    Quilava: Bulbasaur cocks her head to the side while watching Snorlax, carefully listening to your voice crackling through the headpiece she is wearing, before approaching Snorlax and beginning to speak. At first there appears to be no response and she moves a little closer, wondering if the enormous Pokémon is even alive. A minute later it stirs and she leaps back, afraid that it won’t take too kindly to her presence although deep down she hopes it’s not looking at her as being its next meal.

    Snorlax opens its eyes, it’s head turning toward the light coming from Bulbasaur’s torch. It only takes you a moment to realise you should have asked Mike to turn the torch off as Snorlax has been in the dark for many years and the sudden brightness will cause its retinas searing pain. Snorlax lifts it’s arm to cover it’s eyes, releasing a horrific roar which echoes so loudly through the tunnels that you can hear it from where you are standing, completely unaided by the radio transmission coming from Bulbasaur. The roar seems to go on forever before eventually dying down while Mike quickly adjusts the brightness of the torch, turning the brightness of the beam down to the dimmest setting. You can’t see Bulbasaur, but you can tell from the camera angle that she’s experienced quite a fright and is cowering against the tunnel wall, being careful to keep her distance from the giant beast.

    With the roaring having stopped, you can now hear another faint noise coming from the headphones, and frown, wondering what it could be. Bulbasaur appears to understand before you do however, moving closer to Snorlax to try speaking with it again. As she does, you realise the sounds are that of sobbing, and as the dim torchlight falls across Snorlax, you can see it’s chest heaving and can’t help feeling sympathetic towards it. Bulbasaur and Snorlax then exchange some muttered Pokétalk, Snorlax at one point looking very fearful and shaking it’s head vigorously, obviously dead-set against whatever it was Bulbasaur had said, before it motions toward one of its legs. Bulbasaur looks down at it and you can see its leg is broken, twisted into a rather grisly position and you cringe, unable to imagine the pain Snorlax has been experiencing for so long.

    “Ah,” Mike says, coming to a sudden realisation. “Snorlax hasn’t been able to escape because of it’s broken leg. It’s been sitting here trapped for who knows how long and no longer has the strength to move. We’re lucky we’ve found it now because it can’t have lasted much longer in this condition.”

    Taking out another radio Mike calls for help. Speaking into it he requests medical attention and supplies for an injured and distressed Snorlax as well as “three Grade 3 and one Grade 4 Pokémon” before turning his attention back to you. “You’re going to need to ask Bulbasaur to come back out here so we can attach some Pokéballs to her. We can then send her back in with some stronger Pokémon. Pokémon who can help to move Snorlax out of the way before working on unblocking the tunnel.”

    Nodding, you relay your message to Bulbasaur, asking her to return, but Bulbasaur refuses, not wanting to leave the side of her injured, newfound friend. What will you do?


    Archaic: Not in the least put off by Treecko’s explanation of the Annual Tribal Rites, you actually find yourself intrigued by them. Noting Omekekashi’s interest in Maebureshi has you thinking as well. Perhaps there is a reason such a title has been bestowed upon him, and considering he appears to be the leader of the guards, it occurs to you that he may have been assigned to you not so much to see to your needs, but to keep an eye on you. Whatever the case, you’re not too concerned, and firmly put Treecko in his place, shutting him up for the time being.

    Focusing your attention upon Maebureshi, you ask him for some nourishment for Omekekashi to ensure she is in top physical condition for the upcoming festivities. Maebureshi turns his gaze from Treecko to you, nodding before motioning for you to follow him into the forest. While you walk beside him you also state that you have some questions to ask him and he nods, turning a stern gaze upon Treecko in such a manner as to indicate that Treecko will translate your conversation or end up with his intestines wrapped around the tree branches. Treecko sighs resignedly, wondering how he had gotten himself into this mess while Maebureshi leads you into another, smaller clearing where a sturdy looking hut fit for a king has been built out of what appears to be millions of twigs gathered from the forest. Leading you inside, Maebureshi motions toward the pint-sized wooden tables lining the inner walls of the hut which are laden with food and you notice that in the middle of the floor are several soft, grassy “cushions” of sorts.

    Treecko’s eyes nearly bulge out of his head at the sight of all of the food and he immediately grabs a large leaf off a stack at the end of one of the tables, going around and filling it with different kinds of berries and anything else he can fit onto it before taking a seat on the floor where he rather unceremoniously digs in. Maebureshi gives Treecko a death stare, disgusted with the little wood gecko’s manners before motioning for you and Omekekashi to do the same.

    What would you like to do now?


    Solarsaur: Thank you.

    Trying your best to ignore the crazy man swatting at imaginary insects you turn your attention to the riddle, working through each line as you attempt to translate its meaning. It soon becomes apparent that this filthy, dreadlocked and most definitely insane young man standing at the edge of the clearing could very well be a key to solving the riddle so you finally turn to him, asking if he can give you any clues as to what the inscription may mean. In response to your questions the man appears to become even more agitated and paranoid.

    “Evil things lurk in the serpents lair I tell you!” he yells, flailing his arms around wildly as though trying to fend off a swarm of wild Beedrill. “They’re everywhere! In every shadow, every crevice, every wall, under the floors, on the ceilings, they’re all around you! You can’t escape them! Horrible, vile eeeevil things!” He suddenly drops to his knees, wildly clawing at his clothing as though trying to brush off an army of bugs. Suddenly he looks up at you, the insane look in his eyes gone before pleading, “Please help me! The treasure is the potion and can cure this madness. Please help me!” before a terrified look crosses his face and he passes out, collapsing at your feet.

    Completely bewildered you just stand there looking at him for a few moments before you notice something that had fallen out of his shirt pocket. Picking up the piece of paper you unfold it and quickly scan it’s contents. One thing that is certain is that it’s a map strewn with scribbled riddles and clues, obviously handwritten by this poor sod but whether it was before or after he lost his grip on sanity is anyone’s guess . The second thing that is certain is that if X marks the spot, then you’ve just discovered the whereabouts of the Serpent’s Lair. What will you do?



    MYSTERY ISLAND
    Arn: The man smiles knowingly, a hint of regret in his eyes. “You had no way of knowing Slowpokes attack could have caused that kind of reaction. These people believe all forms of psychic energy are a result of witchcraft and even went so far as to burn down an entire forest a few miles away because there were colonies of Exeggcute and Ralts residing there. They believed the forest to be cursed and would rather see it burned to the ground than to know creatures with “unnatural” abilities can exist peacefully alongside them in day to day life. Taking another look at you, he smiles. “Let’s get out of here and I’ll explain in more detail.”

    Pulling a young man out of the crowd, the bartender says something to him and then turns back to you. “Luke will tend to the Bar for the rest of the day while we go back to my ranch and discuss what to do about Faith in a little more detail.” Looking across the street at the angry mob he adds, “And in private.”

    A short while later you arrive at a ranch a couple of miles east of the town and look around in awe. You see a corral with several Ponyta and Rapidash, another with a single Tauros, and yet another separated from the Tauros with roughly a dozen Miltank grazing lazily on the fresh grass. You notice there are several barns spread over the ranch which is in itself several acres of prime farmland, along with three greenhouses close to the main homestead.

    “It’s something isn’t it?” The bartender asks proudly after seeing the awe in your expression. “It cost me an arm and a leg along with several dozen head of cattle and agreements with shops in several towns for milk and grain to pay for the glass to build those greenhouses but it was worth it all in the long-run. They’ve proved to be very profitable.”

    Walking toward the main house the man begins speaking again. “I’ve just realised I haven’t formally introduced myself. My name is Gary and I’m not originally from these parts.” Looking you over he nods his head as though confirming his own suspicions. “Judging from your clothing I’d say I’m from the same time and place you are. I arrived here 9 years ago. I was a 15 year old trainer and flew to a mysterious island surrounded by clouds just visible from the Cloud Garden’s Sky Gate. I landed on the outskirts of an old ghost town which I began to explore but I saw and heard some rather bizarre things. After a couple of hours the place was making me so nervous that I thought it was time to head off but as I was walking out of town I felt dizzy and collapsed. When I woke up I was here.”

    An elderly farmer found me and took me home with him where he and his wife cared for me and made me promise not to talk of the place I came from lest I the townspeople think I’m crazy and drive me away. I tried many times to find a way home but never could and eventually stayed on here with the couple who told villagers I was their grandson, recently orphaned and now come to live with them. They were a wonderful old pair and treated me like their own. They left all of this,” he says, gesturing toward the massive amount of land the ranch covered, “to me when they passed away.”

    Realising you weren’t here to hear his life story, Gary continues. “Pokémon are not respected by people who live here, they are used as slaves for their own selfish purposes and psychic Pokémon are hunted down and killed. It’s fear that drives these people to do such a thing because they are afraid the Pokémon will outnumber and kill them with their special ‘magical’ abilities. That’s why Faith was labelled a witch when you had Slowpoke protect her from the bullet, for only psychic or magical powers could do something like that and as a result she will be burned at the stake unless we can do something to break her out of that prison tonight. I have Pokémon we can use to help with the escape and I have supplies. I also have a place to hide her when the townsfolk find her missing and begin their search but I cannot go with you because I have too much at stake. If I am seen, everything I have worked hard to build here for the past 9 years will be lost.”

    Understanding Gary’s situation you nod, realising it would be suicide for him to be seen helping a ‘witch’ break free from prison but you can’t help but wonder why he is putting himself at risk by helping you to plan the escape but before you can think much more on the matter he continues speaking. “You must be very careful though, for if anyone witnesses you attempting to help Faith escape you will be put to death with her.”



    COMET’S CORNER
    ades: Amazed by the sheer size of the Battledome, you take a moment to look around before focusing your attention upon the noticeboard and quietly mulling over which of the arenas you and your Pokémon are best suited for. Eventually deciding upon the Rock Arena you notice it is located at Stadium 4. Wondering where that would be in a place this big you ask a passing trainer for directions, who points you toward the far left of the room. “I’m about to have my first battle on the Fire Arena!” he exclaims excitedly, rushing off in the opposite direction to which you are headed and calling, “Good luck with your battle!” back over his shoulder.

    Smiling, you head off in the direction he had pointed you in, soon seeing signs which lead you straight up to Stadium 4. You look through the glass windows onto the arena, seeing the end of a battle in progress as a Nosepass and Geodude battle it out, the Geodude delivering the final blow to Nosepass with a rather nasty Mega Punch to the face. Nosepass’s trainer looks distraught, returning her magnet Pokémon with a glum expression on her face, barely able to hold back her tears, while Geodude’s trainer is smiling broadly, pleased with his win.

    However, a voice from behind you soon catches your attention. “Are you here to sign up for the tournament?” it asks, and you spin around to see a pretty young woman standing behind the Registration Desk. “We’ve just had a cancellation, so if you’re ready and willing to battle you’ll be up next.”

    Laughing lightly in response to your surprised expression she hands you a form. “Just fill this in giving your name, your Pokémon’s Species, Type, Level and Gender, and you can head straight into the arena.”

    Your reaction?


    Wayne: Completely mesmerised by Togepi, you know you can’t leave it alone here and watch it sadly while it happily shows you it’s few possessions. It’s so adorable and you realise the parchment you have found must hold the key to how and why Togepi has ended up here so you do the only thing you can do. You ask Togepi if it would like to travel with you.

    Togepi flashes you the biggest and happiest smile you’ve ever seen and cries, “Togepiiii!”, leaping into your outstretched arms. You can’t help but laugh at Togepi’s excitement and have a feeling this little one is going to be one boundless little ball of energy, yet you couldn’t be happier.

    Making sure to pack the parchment safely away in the capsule and then into your pack, you hold Togepi securely in your arms and leave the capsule, heading out into the vast, barren plains of Comet’s Corner with Bulbasaur by your side.

    At first everything appears the same as before. Boring and uneventful, but Togepi has a way of making everything seem interesting as you watch it pointing and exclaiming happily at every little thing it sees, whether it’s a stone on the ground or one of the twinkling stars in the night sky above. Soon Togepi begins bouncing up and down in your arms pointing excitedly into the distance, twittering away happily at something it has seen. Turning your gaze to the direction in which Togepi is pointing, you see a dust trail rising into the air as something moves closer to you.

    You wish you could share Togepi’s excitement, but you find yourself nervous. There is definitely something about whatever is coming that is making your spine tingle, and not in a good way. After a few minutes you can make out forms, and notice there are three people riding toward you. One is riding a Tauros, one an Onix, and the other a Rapidash. Togepi is becoming more excited by the minute, thinking it has found more friends, but something is telling you these people are anything but friendly.

    What will you do?



    RAINBOW WATERFALLS
    Loki: Standing your ground against the two men who are looking furious as they scan the room, witnessing the damage you have done to their little operation, you have absolutely no fear as you release Salamence whose magnificent presence causes them to back away a few paces. The fear in their eyes quickly turns to greed and you can see their minds spinning. Salamence may not be a water type, but she is powerful, and they want her!

    Weepinbell’s trainer immediately leaves it to fend for itself while he races off to a shelf on the side wall to grab another electrified rod which he switches to its highest setting while Salamence stares both Weepinbell and Nidorino down with a Scary Face, her sheer presence causing them to hesitate with their attacks as they are far too Intimidated by her to move in. Using this moment of hesitation to her advantage, Salamence takes a deep breath before unleashing a powerful misty greenish-blue flame from her mouth, being sure to direct it back and forth across both enemy Pokémon. Weepinbell is immediately paralysed while Nidorino suffers some minor burns but this attack has jolted it out of it’s panicked state and it charges toward Salamence using Horn Attack to drive it’s horn as deep into her chest as he can while her attention is distracted by Nidorino’s trainer who has just released a Tentacool, tossing the Pokéball straight toward her face so the jellyfish Pokémon could latch onto her before she has an opportunity to react.

    While Salamence rears up onto her hind legs releasing a roar of pain that could wake the dead, the trainer with the electric rod races forward and is ready to strike her in the belly with it when a streak of orange/red flashes past your eyes, bowling into Nidorino with such force that his horn is immediately dislodged from Salamence’s chest and it goes flying into the trainer with the rod. Pokémon and trainer crash to the ground in a tangled heap while you are left staring in amazement at a very healthy, well cared-for Blaziken.

    “Great job Blaze!” Mike yells, excited.

    Giving him a nod of thanks you return your attention to the trainers. It appears these guys are more than willing to fight dirty which enrages you even further and as they regroup for another round of battle they each release another Pokémon. The first releasing a Raichu and the second a Kadabra. The two Pokémon immediately team up to release a combo attack, Raichu’s Thunderbolt combining with Kadabra’s Psybeam to create one hell of a powerful beam of electrically charged psychic energy which careens straight for Salamence. She is ready this time however, creating a semi-transparent shield which surrounds her and Protects her from the attack.

    Blaziken then leaps forward, rising high into the air in between both Pokémon, his feet afire as each one smacks hard into Raichu and Kadabra’s heads with Blaze Kick. Both take a nasty hit falling back onto their rears while Salamence and Blaziken both prepare for another round of battle.


    WolfinOutlawAsi: You urge Fleece on as she regains her feet, glaring at Treecko and crying out with a determined, “Baaaaah!”, sure to let Treecko know she has no intention of losing this battle. Treecko grins broadly, happy to know its new friend is enjoying their game and when Fleece charges forward to Tackle, Treecko lifts its tail to Absorb damage from the attack but with it’s vision still slightly impaired it has misjudged Fleece’s position and Fleece rams right into Treecko’s stomach causing the cheeky gecko to expel a huff of air from its lungs as it lands flat on its back, winded from the attack. This doesn’t put Treecko off however, it seems even more delighted than ever to see its playmate so into the spirit of the game and even though it’s still down, it whips its tail around to whack Fleece right across the face with Pound. Baahing indignantly Fleece releases a bright Flash, this time making sure Treecko gets an eyeful as it hops to its feet. Treecko rubs its eyes frantically, unable to see anything but a dazzling display of dots before its eyes. With her opponent temporarily blinded, it appears Fleece most definitely has the upper hand now. What will you do?


    DELIBIRD RIDGE
    Radical Edward: Still unsure of what to do you mull over the verse, eventually entering some information into your Pokédex to see if anything pops up that you may have overlooked. Sighing helplessly you notice one of your Pokéballs beginning to rattle before Erebus releases himself from its confines and moves over in front of the stone door. He hovers there for a moment before his eyes begin to glow red and after about thirty seconds he releases a red beam from his eyes and everything around you turns red.

    Even more amazing as you stand there watching Erebus use his Foresight, is the fact that the stone door now has an opening where only a moment before it was solid rock. Not wasting a second, you dash through the opening before it disappears and find yourself in a small, musty chamber with Erebus by your side. He looks up at you, seemingly pleased with himself before quietly returning to his Pokéball.

    Now inside, you take a look around but it is very dark in here so you cannot see much. You feel a shiver run up your spine however, for you have the distinct feeling you are being watched. Trying to see into the darkness you then hear a voice. “Prove yourself” it says, before the spectral image of a Gengar appears roughly 5 feet away from you, staring at you with a malicious glint in it’s eyes.

    What will you do?
    New sig coming

  3. #63
    green jeans ades's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pacific
    Posts
    72

    Default Sorry for the short length. My mind was blank.

    ades: Amazed by the sheer size of the Battledome, you take a moment to look around before focusing your attention upon the noticeboard and quietly mulling over which of the arenas you and your Pokémon are best suited for. Eventually deciding upon the Rock Arena you notice it is located at Stadium 4. Wondering where that would be in a place this big you ask a passing trainer for directions, who points you toward the far left of the room. “I’m about to have my first battle on the Fire Arena!” he exclaims excitedly, rushing off in the opposite direction to which you are headed and calling, “Good luck with your battle!” back over his shoulder.

    Smiling, you head off in the direction he had pointed you in, soon seeing signs which lead you straight up to Stadium 4. You look through the glass windows onto the arena, seeing the end of a battle in progress as a Nosepass and Geodude battle it out, the Geodude delivering the final blow to Nosepass with a rather nasty Mega Punch to the face. Nosepass’s trainer looks distraught, returning her magnet Pokémon with a glum expression on her face, barely able to hold back her tears, while Geodude’s trainer is smiling broadly, pleased with his win.

    However, a voice from behind you soon catches your attention. “Are you here to sign up for the tournament?” it asks, and you spin around to see a pretty young woman standing behind the Registration Desk. “We’ve just had a cancellation, so if you’re ready and willing to battle you’ll be up next.”

    Laughing lightly in response to your surprised expression she hands you a form. “Just fill this in giving your name, your Pokémon’s Species, Type, Level and Gender, and you can head straight into the arena.”

    Your reaction?

    Thanking the lady for her help, John hunkered down into a corner and fished a pen out of his pockets. He definitely didn't expect to be battling so soon but truth be told, John didn't think he could've waited anyway. He could already feel the butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

    Name: John Nikita Jones
    Pokemon-
    Level: 5
    Species: Onix
    Gender: Male
    Type: Rock

    John scrawled the information down roughly and then hurried over to the registration desk where the lady was waiting patiently with hands outstretched. While she examined the form, John took the moment to look through the glass windows again. Just beyond that glass lay the arena and his opponent and soon, he would be battling. At that thought, John smiled.

    "So...I've filled it out. What next?".

  4. #64
    Waffle status= Roffled Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress


    MYSTERY ISLAND
    Arn: The man smiles knowingly, a hint of regret in his eyes. “You had no way of knowing Slowpokes attack could have caused that kind of reaction. These people believe all forms of psychic energy are a result of witchcraft and even went so far as to burn down an entire forest a few miles away because there were colonies of Exeggcute and Ralts residing there. They believed the forest to be cursed and would rather see it burned to the ground than to know creatures with “unnatural” abilities can exist peacefully alongside them in day to day life. Taking another look at you, he smiles. “Let’s get out of here and I’ll explain in more detail.”

    Pulling a young man out of the crowd, the bartender says something to him and then turns back to you. “Luke will tend to the Bar for the rest of the day while we go back to my ranch and discuss what to do about Faith in a little more detail.” Looking across the street at the angry mob he adds, “And in private.”

    A short while later you arrive at a ranch a couple of miles east of the town and look around in awe. You see a corral with several Ponyta and Rapidash, another with a single Tauros, and yet another separated from the Tauros with roughly a dozen Miltank grazing lazily on the fresh grass. You notice there are several barns spread over the ranch which is in itself several acres of prime farmland, along with three greenhouses close to the main homestead.

    “It’s something isn’t it?” The bartender asks proudly after seeing the awe in your expression. “It cost me an arm and a leg along with several dozen head of cattle and agreements with shops in several towns for milk and grain to pay for the glass to build those greenhouses but it was worth it all in the long-run. They’ve proved to be very profitable.”

    Walking toward the main house the man begins speaking again. “I’ve just realised I haven’t formally introduced myself. My name is Gary and I’m not originally from these parts.” Looking you over he nods his head as though confirming his own suspicions. “Judging from your clothing I’d say I’m from the same time and place you are. I arrived here 9 years ago. I was a 15 year old trainer and flew to a mysterious island surrounded by clouds just visible from the Cloud Garden’s Sky Gate. I landed on the outskirts of an old ghost town which I began to explore but I saw and heard some rather bizarre things. After a couple of hours the place was making me so nervous that I thought it was time to head off but as I was walking out of town I felt dizzy and collapsed. When I woke up I was here.”

    An elderly farmer found me and took me home with him where he and his wife cared for me and made me promise not to talk of the place I came from lest I the townspeople think I’m crazy and drive me away. I tried many times to find a way home but never could and eventually stayed on here with the couple who told villagers I was their grandson, recently orphaned and now come to live with them. They were a wonderful old pair and treated me like their own. They left all of this,” he says, gesturing toward the massive amount of land the ranch covered, “to me when they passed away.”

    Realising you weren’t here to hear his life story, Gary continues. “Pokémon are not respected by people who live here, they are used as slaves for their own selfish purposes and psychic Pokémon are hunted down and killed. It’s fear that drives these people to do such a thing because they are afraid the Pokémon will outnumber and kill them with their special ‘magical’ abilities. That’s why Faith was labelled a witch when you had Slowpoke protect her from the bullet, for only psychic or magical powers could do something like that and as a result she will be burned at the stake unless we can do something to break her out of that prison tonight. I have Pokémon we can use to help with the escape and I have supplies. I also have a place to hide her when the townsfolk find her missing and begin their search but I cannot go with you because I have too much at stake. If I am seen, everything I have worked hard to build here for the past 9 years will be lost.”

    Understanding Gary’s situation you nod, realising it would be suicide for him to be seen helping a ‘witch’ break free from prison but you can’t help but wonder why he is putting himself at risk by helping you to plan the escape but before you can think much more on the matter he continues speaking. “You must be very careful though, for if anyone witnesses you attempting to help Faith escape you will be put to death with her.”

    As he walks through the Farm, he watches in amazment as he walks past all thebarns and Pokemon, The Ponyta and rappidash trotting about, the lone Tauros and herds of Milktank grazing as best as a Cow can graze, once the bartender intoduces himself he shakes hands with him before listening to the story, as he mentions the fires of the forest that the Psychic Pokemo lived he holds tight to Chowder knowing that it must be hard for the Pokemon from there to live now their homes were burnt down. Hearing the mention of a hidign place he racks up some questionis in his mind while thinking of a plan.

    "Hmm, How far away from the Hideout from the Prison? i'm guessignit'll be a fair trek to uit so if Possible could we take a Ponyta with us, I have my own Tauros to escape on but Faith will need something to ride on when we break her free, but we need a way to get her out of there without destroying anything, if only we had a Pokemon that could Teleport into the Prison, grab herand teleport out, you said you were a trainer from my time? Do you have any Pokemon at all that knows Teleport? Abra, Natu? Ralts? If not we'll have to think of another way if youhave any ideas at all?

  5. #65
    S_M
    S_M is offline
    SM sez hi. :O
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guess.
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Quilava: Bulbasaur cocks her head to the side while watching Snorlax, carefully listening to your voice crackling through the headpiece she is wearing, before approaching Snorlax and beginning to speak. At first there appears to be no response and she moves a little closer, wondering if the enormous Pokémon is even alive. A minute later it stirs and she leaps back, afraid that it won’t take too kindly to her presence although deep down she hopes it’s not looking at her as being its next meal.

    Snorlax opens its eyes, it’s head turning toward the light coming from Bulbasaur’s torch. It only takes you a moment to realise you should have asked Mike to turn the torch off as Snorlax has been in the dark for many years and the sudden brightness will cause its retinas searing pain. Snorlax lifts it’s arm to cover it’s eyes, releasing a horrific roar which echoes so loudly through the tunnels that you can hear it from where you are standing, completely unaided by the radio transmission coming from Bulbasaur. The roar seems to go on forever before eventually dying down while Mike quickly adjusts the brightness of the torch, turning the brightness of the beam down to the dimmest setting. You can’t see Bulbasaur, but you can tell from the camera angle that she’s experienced quite a fright and is cowering against the tunnel wall, being careful to keep her distance from the giant beast.

    With the roaring having stopped, you can now hear another faint noise coming from the headphones, and frown, wondering what it could be. Bulbasaur appears to understand before you do however, moving closer to Snorlax to try speaking with it again. As she does, you realise the sounds are that of sobbing, and as the dim torchlight falls across Snorlax, you can see it’s chest heaving and can’t help feeling sympathetic towards it. Bulbasaur and Snorlax then exchange some muttered Pokétalk, Snorlax at one point looking very fearful and shaking it’s head vigorously, obviously dead-set against whatever it was Bulbasaur had said, before it motions toward one of its legs. Bulbasaur looks down at it and you can see its leg is broken, twisted into a rather grisly position and you cringe, unable to imagine the pain Snorlax has been experiencing for so long.

    “Ah,” Mike says, coming to a sudden realisation. “Snorlax hasn’t been able to escape because of it’s broken leg. It’s been sitting here trapped for who knows how long and no longer has the strength to move. We’re lucky we’ve found it now because it can’t have lasted much longer in this condition.”

    Taking out another radio Mike calls for help. Speaking into it he requests medical attention and supplies for an injured and distressed Snorlax as well as “three Grade 3 and one Grade 4 Pokémon” before turning his attention back to you. “You’re going to need to ask Bulbasaur to come back out here so we can attach some Pokéballs to her. We can then send her back in with some stronger Pokémon. Pokémon who can help to move Snorlax out of the way before working on unblocking the tunnel.”

    Nodding, you relay your message to Bulbasaur, asking her to return, but Bulbasaur refuses, not wanting to leave the side of her injured, newfound friend. What will you do?


    Tilting its head slightly at the huge, still form of the Snorlax, Bulbasaur begins to walk a bit closer to the huge Pokemon, as if to see if the goliath is even still alive. However, the large Pokemon begins to stir, and Bulbasaur begins to slowly back track, trying to stay out of the Snorlax's range of attack.

    However, the Snorlax slowly opens its eyes, and sees Bulbasaur. Well, it actually sees the light from the lamp. It being so bright and intense, with Snorlax's eyes so used to darkness, Snorlax becomes temporarily blinded, as it begins to thrash around, accompanied by a loud, intense roar. This sends Bulbasaur running as Mike quickly begins to turn down the brightness setting of the lamp. Looking into the screen, Stephen can see only a wall of rock. It only takes a moment to figure that Bulbasaur is hiding along the wall of the cave.

    The roaring suddenly stops.

    A strange noise begins to go through the headphones. While Stephen does not quite exactly know what it is, Bulbasaur seems to recognize it, and it begins to walk slowly toward the giant figure of the Snorlax. Bulbasaur begins to speak with the Snorlax, before Stephen realizes that the sound was that of Snorlax crying. Seeing the deep breaths of the Snorlax, followed by a blatent refusal to something that Bulbasaur had said, Stephen cannot help but feel sorry for it. However, Snorlax then points to its leg, which had been twisted in a strange, unusual direction.

    “Ah,” Mike says. “Snorlax hasn’t been able to escape because of it’s broken leg. It’s been sitting here trapped for who knows how long and no longer has the strength to move. We’re lucky we’ve found it now because it can’t have lasted much longer in this condition.”

    Nodding, Stephen watches as Mike calls for a variety of things, including a Grade 3 and a Grade 4 Pokemon. Mike tells Stephen that he'll need Bulbasaur to come out so he can attach some Pokeballs to her. Relaying the message to Bulbasaur, Stephen is surprised to see as Bulbasaur plants itself firmly on the ground, refusing to leave the helpless Snorlax.

    Sighing, Stephen nods. "Well...Mike, could a different Pokemon do the job for you? Maybe...my Ariados? It can see in the dark, and all. Plus, it can use String Shot, which could help it to avoid that large hole..." Without quite waiting for an answer, Stephen pulls out Ariados' Pokeball, and calls it out. "Hopefully you can help."

  6. #66
    Aww, Innit cute? Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    You gotta hate it when people put crappy jokes here!
    Posts
    118

    Default

    A warm small gust of wind hit Jelly's and Aron's face. Seeming as it was his first step for an adventure, Jelly was a little excited about his new adventure. They walked through the plateau as the small gusts of wind blew in their faces.


    "Aron... Ron Aron!" Aron said, as a small rumble came by. Because noone really knows what pokemon say, Jelly thought the he said: "There is an earthquake!"


    "An earthquake??? TAKE COVER!" The rumble came again, but it was near Aron. Jelly was his ear on the cold steel shell of Aron, Then heard a rumbling coming from it. Aron started laughing at Jelly for thinking that there was an earthquake. "Now that is not fun-" but Aron was still laughing because he was hungry and his stomach was rumbling. After a while, they pitched a tent in the plateau and started eating sandwich's. Aron fell asleep, and Jelly carried him into the tent and fell asleep with him.
    Last edited by Jelly; 16th October 2005 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Sorry Tess, didn't finish posting ;-.-, highlighted the new bits in bold, ok?
    Mood: Happy



    The Steel Fan


    Gelée, Gelee, figure out what they both mean and send a PM to me

  7. #67
    May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Bark Town, England
    Posts
    6,077
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    "Well, here we are. This is where our adventure begins. Who knows what will happen? Who knows what we'll find? Are you ready, Mary?"
    "I guess so."

    "Our adventure begins as we walk down the Rainbow Road. As the Sky Gate moves behind us, we don't have a worry in the World. Looking around, the views are almost breathtaking. Already, I am making decisions on where to go. The Rainbow Waterfalls sound like a good destination. But so does Delibird Ridge. And as for the Stardust Fields-"
    "Vincent. Why are are you narrating this?" asks Mary the male Mareep, who was already growing bored of just sitting on Vincent's shoulder.
    "I'm just so excited that our adventure has finally begun," he explains, with clear excitement in his voice.
    "Well be excited with your inside voice," says Mary, with clear boredom in his own voice.
    And so, they stroll along quietly for a little while, taking in the sights and sounds of the Cloud Garden.

  8. #68
    How's THAT for java. Radical_Edward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress


    DELIBIRD RIDGE
    Radical Edward: Still unsure of what to do you mull over the verse, eventually entering some information into your Pokédex to see if anything pops up that you may have overlooked. Sighing helplessly you notice one of your Pokéballs beginning to rattle before Erebus releases himself from its confines and moves over in front of the stone door. He hovers there for a moment before his eyes begin to glow red and after about thirty seconds he releases a red beam from his eyes and everything around you turns red.

    Even more amazing as you stand there watching Erebus use his Foresight, is the fact that the stone door now has an opening where only a moment before it was solid rock. Not wasting a second, you dash through the opening before it disappears and find yourself in a small, musty chamber with Erebus by your side. He looks up at you, seemingly pleased with himself before quietly returning to his Pokéball.

    Now inside, you take a look around but it is very dark in here so you cannot see much. You feel a shiver run up your spine however, for you have the distinct feeling you are being watched. Trying to see into the darkness you then hear a voice. “Prove yourself” it says, before the spectral image of a Gengar appears roughly 5 feet away from you, staring at you with a malicious glint in it’s eyes.

    What will you do?
    As the gengar appears not 5 feet infront of him, Ben smirks, happy for a real, straitforward battle, not puzzle or riddle.Quickly snapping his pokegear open and flipping it open, Ben ques up his PC stats and makes a quick transfer.After pressing the enter button, Ben feels the familiar jolt as Adonis's ball dissapears to be replaced with Dyrim's.Stepping back a few paces, he quickly grabs Dyrim's pokeball and tosses it up, the light flashing brightly before dying down, revealing the Magmar, a few embers falling from his mouth.Streching exuberantly, Dyrim takes his first breat of un-synthisized air in a long time.After this, He quickly throws Ben an indignant face, a bit annoyed at his trainers disregard for him in the past months.However, this soon passes as he realises the situation at hand. Falling into an instinctive battle pose, he roars enthusiasticaly and intimidatingly, waiting impatiently for the battle to start.

    "Alright, Dyrim, alright, just hold your horses," chuckles Ben, always happy to see his Pokemon happy.

    "I want you to start off Leering at this Brute, than see if you can pull of a Sunny Day in this little cavern to light it up. If you can't, Wait for Gengar to come to you, than give it a nice Fire Punch.If you do manage to light the cavern, blast it with a constant Flamethrower!"

    At this, Dyrim nods, clearly ready to strech his muscles and begin the fight.
    Last edited by Radical_Edward; 19th October 2005 at 06:59 PM.
    .::EffBee::.
    Regi||P.C.

  9. #69
    Fizzy Bubble Member Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    COMET’S CORNER
    Wayne: Completely mesmerised by Togepi, you know you can’t leave it alone here and watch it sadly while it happily shows you it’s few possessions. It’s so adorable and you realise the parchment you have found must hold the key to how and why Togepi has ended up here so you do the only thing you can do. You ask Togepi if it would like to travel with you.

    Togepi flashes you the biggest and happiest smile you’ve ever seen and cries, “Togepiiii!”, leaping into your outstretched arms. You can’t help but laugh at Togepi’s excitement and have a feeling this little one is going to be one boundless little ball of energy, yet you couldn’t be happier.

    Making sure to pack the parchment safely away in the capsule and then into your pack, you hold Togepi securely in your arms and leave the capsule, heading out into the vast, barren plains of Comet’s Corner with Bulbasaur by your side.

    At first everything appears the same as before. Boring and uneventful, but Togepi has a way of making everything seem interesting as you watch it pointing and exclaiming happily at every little thing it sees, whether it’s a stone on the ground or one of the twinkling stars in the night sky above. Soon Togepi begins bouncing up and down in your arms pointing excitedly into the distance, twittering away happily at something it has seen. Turning your gaze to the direction in which Togepi is pointing, you see a dust trail rising into the air as something moves closer to you.

    You wish you could share Togepi’s excitement, but you find yourself nervous. There is definitely something about whatever is coming that is making your spine tingle, and not in a good way. After a few minutes you can make out forms, and notice there are three people riding toward you. One is riding a Tauros, one an Onix, and the other a Rapidash. Togepi is becoming more excited by the minute, thinking it has found more friends, but something is telling you these people are anything but friendly.

    What will you do?
    After Togepi accepting to travel with him Wayne continued upon his adventure in the Comet’s Corner. Looking at his dull surroundings Wayne and his Bulbasaur were only entertained by one little cute, happy and easily excited egg pokemon, Togepi. Wayne then felt Togepi move more than before and then turned at what he saw Togepi point towards. Looking into the distance the confused trainer looked at what appeared to be a dust trail. Feeling more nervous by the second Wayne then saw shadows take forms. Wayne then saw the three causes for it, three people each riding one pokemon, a Rapidash, an Onix and a Tauros.

    Looking at the people Wayne’s fear quickly began to mount and slowly paralyze him. Snapping out of what appeared to have lasted for a million years Wayne then started to bring under control his shyness and fear to talk to the three people. “He-Hello my name is Wayne and this is m-my pokémon Bulbasaur and this is my companion Togepi. M-may I ask what you three are doing he-here?” Wayne knew that the consequences of him socializing with the three people could cause trouble but he had to talk to them rather than ignore them.

  10. #70
    Eureka seveN Solarsaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress

    Solarsaur: Thank you.

    Trying your best to ignore the crazy man swatting at imaginary insects you turn your attention to the riddle, working through each line as you attempt to translate its meaning. It soon becomes apparent that this filthy, dreadlocked and most definitely insane young man standing at the edge of the clearing could very well be a key to solving the riddle so you finally turn to him, asking if he can give you any clues as to what the inscription may mean. In response to your questions the man appears to become even more agitated and paranoid.

    “Evil things lurk in the serpents lair I tell you!” he yells, flailing his arms around wildly as though trying to fend off a swarm of wild Beedrill. “They’re everywhere! In every shadow, every crevice, every wall, under the floors, on the ceilings, they’re all around you! You can’t escape them! Horrible, vile eeeevil things!” He suddenly drops to his knees, wildly clawing at his clothing as though trying to brush off an army of bugs. Suddenly he looks up at you, the insane look in his eyes gone before pleading, “Please help me! The treasure is the potion and can cure this madness. Please help me!” before a terrified look crosses his face and he passes out, collapsing at your feet.

    Completely bewildered you just stand there looking at him for a few moments before you notice something that had fallen out of his shirt pocket. Picking up the piece of paper you unfold it and quickly scan it’s contents. One thing that is certain is that it’s a map strewn with scribbled riddles and clues, obviously handwritten by this poor sod but whether it was before or after he lost his grip on sanity is anyone’s guess . The second thing that is certain is that if X marks the spot, then you’ve just discovered the whereabouts of the Serpent’s Lair. What will you do?
    [OOC: Should I add that to my items? If so, what as?]

    "This is cool. It looks like the X is there so I should head there." Adam said, not knowing anything about the map.

    He goes off in the direction that the map labels, hoping to find the treasure, if any. As well as that, he knows that there will be Pokemon, serpant like such as Ekans, Arbok, and Seviper guarding the treasure if at all. He knows that this will be a great adventure for his Pokemon and himself.

    "Come on out Alakazam. Now, if you see any trying to attack, use Kinesis to lower it's accuracy so we can escape the attack if we're lucky. That should be a nice strategy." Adam said, hoping every so much that the attack would work if it were to happen.

    He keeps wandering in the area of the map, wondering about the treasure and what it could be. Along the way, he wonders about the man, who was he? What did he do? Is he the serpant? All of these questions startedto attack Adam at once. Unfortuantely, he had no answers abotu this man except that he was a bit 'crazy'.
    Fizzy Bubbles Regi.

    Fancee banner coming soon if I cba.

  11. #71
    黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    13,153
    Blog Entries
    63
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Archaic: Not in the least put off by Treecko’s explanation of the Annual Tribal Rites, you actually find yourself intrigued by them. Noting Omekekashi’s interest in Maebureshi has you thinking as well. Perhaps there is a reason such a title has been bestowed upon him, and considering he appears to be the leader of the guards, it occurs to you that he may have been assigned to you not so much to see to your needs, but to keep an eye on you. Whatever the case, you’re not too concerned, and firmly put Treecko in his place, shutting him up for the time being.

    Focusing your attention upon Maebureshi, you ask him for some nourishment for Omekekashi to ensure she is in top physical condition for the upcoming festivities. Maebureshi turns his gaze from Treecko to you, nodding before motioning for you to follow him into the forest. While you walk beside him you also state that you have some questions to ask him and he nods, turning a stern gaze upon Treecko in such a manner as to indicate that Treecko will translate your conversation or end up with his intestines wrapped around the tree branches. Treecko sighs resignedly, wondering how he had gotten himself into this mess while Maebureshi leads you into another, smaller clearing where a sturdy looking hut fit for a king has been built out of what appears to be millions of twigs gathered from the forest. Leading you inside, Maebureshi motions toward the pint-sized wooden tables lining the inner walls of the hut which are laden with food and you notice that in the middle of the floor are several soft, grassy “cushions” of sorts.

    Treecko’s eyes nearly bulge out of his head at the sight of all of the food and he immediately grabs a large leaf off a stack at the end of one of the tables, going around and filling it with different kinds of berries and anything else he can fit onto it before taking a seat on the floor where he rather unceremoniously digs in. Maebureshi gives Treecko a death stare, disgusted with the little wood gecko’s manners before motioning for you and Omekekashi to do the same.

    What would you like to do now?
    Mamoru smirks slightly at the table

    "Perfect. Omekekashi, dig in, but don't take too much. You don't want to ruin your appetite for battle, and I doubt that this feast, having been made ready so quickly after we arrived, was intended for only us. As for you Treeko....I believe you have a job to do..."

    Mamoru proceeds to grab Treeko by the scruff of its neck, then turn back around to address the Pinser captain.

    "As I was saying before, I was wondering about a few things. Specifically, the details of this contest. As a sacred rite, I would assume there are rituals we would need to observe, correct? What exactly are the expectations of us during these events? I don't want to go in there and make a fool of everyone because I failed to observe a tradition or custom correctly."

  12. #72
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Just a quick note to all BMG Home Boarders who are not RPing in any of the UPN or Serebii Zones, please feel free to apply to be added to either or both Usergroups if you wish to expand upon your FB adventures. You’ve passed the Registration and RP Tests so you won’t need to do them again. You’re already FB Members so now it’s only a matter of allowing you into the Usergroups of the respective boards.

    To join UPN please read through the instructions on the first post of the Registration Thread and follow the instructions. Explain who you are and you’ll be allowed into the Usergroup immediately. To join Serebii, simply post in this thread and your application will be processed as swiftly as possible.



    STARDUST FIELDS
    Ichi: “I’ll be fine,” Kat responds, trying to ignore the feel of your muscular arms wrapped firmly around her waist. She quickly turns her face away from you and stares straight ahead, but not before you notice the traces of a blush begin to flush her cheeks. It is in that moment that you realise Kat is not the harsh, cranky girl that she portrays herself to be but some instinct inside of you tells you it will not be a wise move for you to let her know that you have discovered a softer side to her, so you remain silent while she takes control of Salamence who lurches into the sky at her command.

    Moments later you find yourself soaring above the mountaintop, your gaze travelling along the densely covered ridges and valleys below. After several minutes of uneventful searching, you feel Kat’s body suddenly go rigid and she points. “There,” she says, a hint of excitement in her voice. “I think we’ve found something.” Looking in the direction she is pointing, you notice several figures standing in a circle, in the middle of what appears to be a heated debate. Luckily they are too preoccupied with their argument to notice a bright green Salamence circling in the sky above so Kat quickly orders Salamence to descend, and a moment later you come to land on the ground at a safe distance from the people you had seen.

    You both dismount Salamence and Kat returns him to his pokeball before hissing, “Come on! We don’t have any time to waste!” There is something in her demeanour that once again leads you to believe that she is hiding something from you. Her interest in accompanying you from the start had seemed suspicious, but you don’t dwell on the matter as she has already taken off through the trees and disappeared from view. Rushing after her you find her crouching behind some shrubbery on the edge of a clearing which backs onto the mountainside. In the side of the mountain is a gaping tunnel entrance guarded by several trainers who are still in the midst of an argument.

    Kat hears your approach and turns, placing a finger to her lips in a “Shhh!” fashion before motioning for you to come forward. Moving up to take position beside her, you both focus on the group standing in the clearing. You recognise their clothing immediately as they are all decked out in the same clothing. Black trousers and shirts with a strange red symbol displayed on the front of their shirts. The last time you had seen this symbol was when the boy you had been following had confronted an older trainer who had ordered him to locate the other half of the map that you now have in your possession. The last time you had seen the symbol you were unable to make it out clearly but this time you could see that it resembled a triangle with a wavy line running horizontally through its centre.

    While you and Kat stay back to listen to the conversation, you suddenly feel a hand shove you from behind and you sprawl forward through the shrubs and into the clearing beyond. Kat lands beside you, also pushed forward, and the trainers immediately fall silent. You then hear a familiar cocky voice behind and realise what has happened. “Well, well, well, looky at what we have here. Two little spies come to save the world.” The voice then forms into the figure of a person as he walks around in front of you. Looking up you see the boy who had stolen Nidoran and Wingull. You then hear Kat’s breath catch in her throat and your eyes dart toward her. A look of recognition and loathing has twisted her features and she can barely spit out the word, “You!”

    The boy ignores her, instead focusing his attention on you. “I believe you have something that belongs to me.” he says. Turning to the black clad trainers he says in a drawling tone, “It looks like the second piece of the puzzle has come to us. He has the map!” He then steps back while the trainers move in on you. What will you do?



    RAINBOW ROAD
    FabuVinny: Setting off along the bright, cheerful Rainbow Road, you take the opportunity to enjoy your surroundings. The fresh flowers, bright skies and a seemingly endless Rainbow that divides the sky would be enough to lighten anybodies spirits. Several minutes later you find yourself confronted with three different options. One, you can continue along the endless path stretched out before you. Two, you can veer off the main path and take the trail leading off into the bushes by the side of the road or three, you can take a closer look at the rustling bushes by the side of the path, especially since you could have sworn you just saw a pair of eyes staring at you from the foliage. What will you do?


    CLOUD FOREST
    Tyr: Your last update

    ABL: With Dark Espeon vanishing into the night you have an overwhelming urge to protect the small feline. You can’t explain why you feel this connection with it but you know that you need to follow it. With all of your Pokémon bar Karma returned safely to their Pokéballs, you do the only thing you feel you can, you attempt to track Dark Espeon down. Karma heads off into the forest, her keen sense of smell picking up on Dark Espeon’s scent immediately. Walking beside your faithful companion, your mind wanders back to the voice you had heard earlier, “Shadow, get back here RIGHT NOW or it’s the dungeons for you!” You can tell the voice belongs to a girl not much older than yourself but it was so full of coldness, a cruel and bitter, terrifying quality had pierced your heart upon hearing it and you know with utmost certainty that you’re going to have to be very careful about approaching this girl should you happen to meet with her.

    Several minutes later you enter an area of the forest that isn’t quite as dark as it was where you had arrived. There is moonlight breaking through the tree branches overhead, lighting your path, if only a little, yet the light is welcome after the morbid, pitch black surroundings in which you had arrived. Karma suddenly stops walking, her head cocked to the side as though listening to something. Nudging you gently while a low warning rumbles in her throat, it’s apparent that she doesn’t want you to take another step forward at this point in time. Stopping beside her you listen intently, trying to hear whatever it is she had picked up on. At first you hear nothing, but you soon hear the sound of movement and the same voice you had heard minutes before. Karma lays her belly flat on the ground as the voice approaches and you quickly drop to the forest floor beside her, listening as the footsteps approach.

    “I hope haven’t been up to anything dangerous on these nightly strolls of yours Shadow,” the girl says, a distinct threatening tone in her voice. “You know the penalty for disloyalty and I would hate to have to see you suffer the consequences of any indiscretions.”

    At this point the girl walks past you, stopping for a moment to look down at her feet. You can see she is holding a satchel of some sort and you could swear you see something inside of it moving. You cannot see her face however as she is standing on the opposite side of a row of trees while you are laying flat to the ground on the other side. All you can see is her black boots and what appears to be a long black dress or robe fluttering gently around her ankles in the cool night breeze, but it is not her clothing that interests you, it is the small black figure of Dark Espeon who is sitting on the ground looking up at her with those large ruby eyes. Dark Espeon shakes it’s gives a slight, regal shake of it’s head in response to the girls’ question, staring confidently back into her eyes. There is a moment’s pause in which you can feel the tension in the air before the girl speaks again. “Very well then,” she replies. “Let us not waste any more time. We have preparations to see to.”

    She then turns and continues walking while Dark Espeon takes it’s time to follow. It looks directly into your eyes, through the bushes separating the two of you, staring deeply into your eyes for several long seconds before turning and walking off into the night after it’s mistress.


    Shiny Magneton: Mike looks thoughtful when you mention Ariados. “That’s not a bad idea actually,” he replies. “Ariados may also be able to create a web over the hole so Bulbasaur won’t be in danger when she returns through the tu…”

    But at that very moment a jeep pulls up several metres away and two men hop out, heading over with Nurse Joy and Chansey right behind them. Mike’s attention is immediately shifted to them as he quickly introduces you and explains the events up until now. The men immediately move into action, thanking you for your help before turning their attention to Ariados, setting him up with similar equipment to that of which Bulbasaur is wearing only with one added brace for holding Pokéballs while Nurse joy turns her attention to you.

    “You really are a dear for helping Mike,” she says, taking your hand in hers. “It’s very dangerous sending a Pokémon into a situation like this but thanks to you and Bulbasaur, Snorlax will receive the medical attention it needs.” She then turns to Chansey, reaching into her pocket for a Pokéball. “I know you don’t like Pokéballs and I wouldn’t ask if it weren’t necessary, but it’s the only way you can reach Snorlax and it desperately needs your aide Muriel.” Chansey looks disapprovingly at the Pokéball, but reluctantly nods in agreement, allowing Nurse Joy to call her inside, little medical bag and all.

    You both turn your attention back to Mike and the two other men, Nurse Joy giving them Chansey’s Pokéball which is immediately latched onto Ariados’ halter along with four other Pokéballs, all of them minimised to make it easier for Ariados to move. Once everything is set up, they hook another safety line onto Ariados, and wishing her luck, you send her into the tunnel.

    Ariados makes her way inside, covering the hole in the tunnel floor with a nice strong web to make it safer for Bulbasaur on her return journey, and eventually reaches Bulba and Snorlax. Once there, she drops Chansey’s Pokéball and the little Nurse Pokémon immediately sets to work on Snorlax, injecting the giant Pokémon with a massive amount of sedative to make it sleep. She then splints its injured leg before reaching into her medicine bag and taking out a special white Pokéball with a red + printed on it, signifying it to be a special ball designed for sick or injured Pokémon. Snorlax disappears inside and, her work completed for the moment, Chansey attaches it to Ariados and returns herself to her own Pokéball. Ariados then reattaches Chansey’s ball to her brace before dropping the other four Pokéballs she is carrying. There is a bright flash as all four open simultaneously, and a moment later three Machoke and a Golem are standing in the small confines of the tunnel. Golem immediately rolls into a Defense Curl before Hardening it’s shell and hurling itself into the pile of debris causing it to loosen up enough for all four of them to begin lifting and moving it all out of the way. While the they work on unblocking the tunnel, Mike calls for Bulbasaur and Ariados to withdraw from the tunnel to avoid being injured. Your two Pokémon don’t waste a second, returning to you as quickly as possible since they’re not too keen about choking on all of the dust and dirt swirling around in there at the moment.

    Upon their exit, Nurse Joy takes Chansey and Snorlax’s Pokéballs from Ariados while Mike removes all of the gear attached to them. Happy to see they are safe and sound you smile, glad to have them back out here in the light of day. Watching Mike pat Bulbasaur on the head and thank her for a job well done, you are surprised to see him reach into his satchel and withdraw something from it, handing it to her. “This is for you little one. You did a brilliant job in there and deserve to be rewarded for your efforts.” Taking a closer look you can see it is a Miracle Seed and you feel proud, before noticing the jealous expression on Ariados’s face. Mike laughs, also noticing her look. “Don’t worry, you shall be rewarded too, but I don’t have your little surprise with me right now.” Seemingly satisfied with that, Ariados returns to your side, watching while Bulbasaur proudly shows you her reward.

    Turning to you, Mike thanks you for your assistance. “The Pokémon we have in the tunnel will be able to finish clearing out the blockage now and come out safely on the other side of the mountain thanks to the assistance you and your Pokémon have provided so there is no need for you to stay if you would rather continue with your travels, however you’re more than welcome to return to base with us if you’d like.”

    What will you do?


    Archaic: Correctly assessing the situation at hand, you urge Omekekashi to go ahead and find herself something to eat while you grab Treecko whose eyes practically bulge out of his head after being yanked from the floor and away from his precious food. He coughs and splutters a little, trying not to choke on the berries he had just shovelled into his mouth while you ask Maebureshi about the details regarding the festival rituals.

    Maebureshi begins answering while Treecko’s eyes wander toward his plate of discarded food sitting on the floor, but at least he realises that he should be listening because when Maebureshi stops talking, Treecko begins to translate.

    “The festival is divided into five stages,” Treecko begins, his tone of voice relaying his disapproval of the way he is being treated. “The Opening Ceremony, The Warrior Rights Initiation, The Battle of the Elite, The Tribal Rites and the Closing Ceremony. During the Opening Ceremony the winner of last year’s Tribal Rites will present King Pinsir with the Golden Crest he had won the previous year proclaiming him the “Prince in Waiting”. The Warrior Rights Initiation makes up the largest part of the festival and is for all young Pinsir to enter. The winners will then have the right to battle in the Elite Battle Round during the next years’ festival. The Battle of the Elite is where all Pinsir who qualify will battle round by round, picking one another off until there is one winner. The winner will then move on to the Tribal Rites Battle where he will face the Prince in Waiting to challenge him for his title. This is a battle to the death as only the strongest of warriors are allowed to rule. Afterwards comes the Closing Ceremony where the Winner of the Tribal Rites battle will be presented with the Golden Crest, giving them the title of Prince in Waiting. Only he can become King should the King Pinsir pass away before the following Festival.”

    Treecko then stops talking, a sulky expression on his face while Maebureshi stares at him with such a commanding expression that you can feel Treecko begin to tremble. “The male tribes members and guests are not to display any sign of emotion during the battles. No cheering on friends as it is considered insulting and distasteful to favour one warrior over another. Only the women and children who are not a part of the battles are allowed to display emotion as they offer support to their loved ones.” Treecko then glances toward Omekekashi. “Your friend will be taking part in the Warrior Rights Initiation battle where she will have a chance to prove her worth.”

    Nodding, you turn your gaze back toward Maebureshi to thank him for his help in answering your questions when your eyes fall upon a golden crest attached to his upper right shoulder. It is something you hadn’t noticed before but after having heard the details of the Festival, it’s significance strikes you immediately.

    Maebureshi then speaks to you again after which Treecko translates his question. “He wants to know if Heracross wants to practice before her battle tonight and he says she’ll still have enough time to rest afterwards if she does.”

    Your reaction?


    Solarsaur: No, the map is only for use in this adventure so it doesn’t need to be added to your inventory. It’s useless anywhere else.

    Studying the map and your surroundings, you work out roughly where you have to go before tucking it securely away and setting off for your destination. As you walk you ponder upon the situation, so many questions floating around in your mind that you have no idea where to begin. Your trip is relatively uneventful, but the day is beginning to dwindle away into dusk and you can feel the temperature beginning to drop. When you have reached the area where you believe the lair is located you pull the map out again, examining it a little more closely. This time you notice there is very small writing beneath the X so you squint your eyes, trying to make it out.

    Entry is not guaranteed for guardians lay in wait
    Protecting that which lays within from those who wish to take,
    The life source of the kingdom from inside the serpent’s lair
    Defeat them now or meet your fate, they appear from thin air!


    Not quite sure what the riddle is supposed to mean, you read over it again before a sudden noise causes you to look up. Alakazam is standing rigidly, staring straight ahead at two very intimidating looking foes, a Haunter and Shedinja who seem to have appeared out of nowhere. They make no move to attack as yet, but you can tell they will if you even attempt to approach the stone Arbok statue they seem to be protecting.

    Your reaction?



    MYSTERY ISLAND
    Arn: Gary looks at you thoughtfully for a few moments, his mind spinning with possibilities. “I do have one Pokémon who could Teleport into the prison and then back out again, but I’m not comfortable with risking her safety by allowing her to leave the ranch where she may be seen. If her existence is discovered, she’ll be at risk just like all of the other Psychic Pokémon.”

    While you walk, Gary appears to be leading you toward a large barn to the right of the main house as he continues talking. “Tauros is a good Pokémon. It’s fast, but if you’re discovered you’ll need to be able to outrun your pursuers as quickly as possible, and preferably making very little noise, but I have just the thing for that which will also take care of the problem of you and Faith needing separate steeds for transportation.” Finally reaching the barn doors, he swings them open and motions for you to follow him inside. “This,” he says, with a sweeping gesture of his arms, “is where we will hide Faith until the uproar following her escape settles. When the time is right, she will be able to travel and get as far away from here as possible.”

    You look around the barn in disbelief wondering if Gary could possibly be having you on. The barn is large and has several stalls for horses. There are ladders leading to an upper level of the barn where various supplies are stored, but there is no way on God’s earth that you could hide a person in here if someone were to come looking. Gary is aware of the thoughts running through your head and smiles knowingly. “It’s alright,” he says, I know what you’re thinking, but I know what I’m doing.” Leading you to the farthest stall at the back, right-hand side of the barn, he slides a large barrel to the side to reveal nothing more than a small coil of rope. You can’t help but wonder if Gary is slightly insane right now, but a moment later when he bends down and tugs on the rope to reveal a trap-door cleverly concealed in the floor opening wide, you grin widely, thinking this to be a brilliant plan. “Follow me,” he says, descending a small ladder before disappearing into darkness.

    A minute later you find yourself standing in near pitch darkness. You can make out nothing at all from the thin film of light filtering through from the open trap-door above, but then Gary lights a lamp which relieves the darkness, casting a dim glow across a small room, about 10ft x 10ft and a little over 6ft high. It’s small, and it’s clear that nobody could live down here for an extended period of time, but it is very well hidden and has a pile of soft blankets stored in one corner for a person to sleep should it be necessary. One wall has some makeshift shelves upon which are stored various kinds of non-perishable foods in case of emergency and you nod approvingly, knowing this little hideout could be Faith’s only chance of survival.

    “This is where Faith can hide if anyone searches the ranch. It’s safe,” Gary says with determined certainty, his tone of voice causing you to glance in his direction, making you wonder yet again why he would go to so much trouble to hide Faith when he could lose everything if she’s discovered on his ranch. “I know she won’t be found here, so she’ll be safe until it’s time for her to travel.”

    Ten minutes later you and Gary are standing outside of the Barn. He turns to you, a serious expression on his face. “I have the transport you and faith will need,” he says, before lifting his fingers to his lips, turning his face toward the sky and releasing the strangest whistling sound you have ever heard. It sounds more like a bird call than a whistle, and a few moments later a beautiful blue bird Pokémon, it’s body surrounded with a cottony, cloud-like aura, descends from the sky to land elegantly beside Gary, it’s graceful neck reaching forward so that it may gently nuzzle Gary’s face in greeting. Smiling, Gary gently stokes the bird’s silky feathers, affectionately welcoming it’s arrival.
    “This,” he says, turning his gaze back to you, “is a very special friend of mine. And this,” he continues, reaching into the cloud covering the bird’s chest and gently unlatching a Pokéball cleverly hidden from view while being safely secured to the bird’s body, “is my best friend in the world.” Triggering the release mechanism on the Pokéball, you see a bright flash of light before it fades to reveal a Kadabra standing in front of you, clearly very happy to see Gary, but eyeing you with an expression of fear mixed with a hint of curiosity.

    Your reaction?



    COMET’S CORNER
    ades: Handing your Registration form to the receptionist, she takes it from you and immediately begins tapping away on her keyboard, entering your details into the system. “You’re ok to head onto the arena now,” she says, smiling. “Good luck with your battle.”

    Thanking her, you head through the door leading onto the Rock Arena, coming face to face with your challenger and the battle referee. Your challenger, a boy of approximately 14, looks you over curiously, wondering what kind of opponent you are, while the ref greets you with a handshake.

    “Welcome and good luck to you both.” he says, before glancing down at the computer monitor in front of him. Turning his eyes to the boy standing opposite you, he continues, “Malcolm, please take your position on the right hand side of the arena, and John,” he says, turning his gaze toward you, “you will be on the left side of the field.”

    You both nod, wishing one another good luck before you take your respective positions and before you know it the referee is introducing you to the crowd.

    “Welcome to our 3rd battle in the round of sixteen! The winner of this match will have the opportunity to advance to the Quarter Finals where they will come face-to-face with Lindsay Lieu who, working brilliantly in sync with her beautiful Bellossom, progressed earlier today with a magnificent display of flair and courage! On the eastern end of the field we have Malcolm Brady, an up-and-coming trainer who has won three competitions in the past two months on the Ice, Fire and Grass Arenas and is looking to win his fourth upon the Rock Arena!”

    You hear some cheers from the crowd while Malcolm smiles, blushing slightly from the attention, and you can see he is not the type of trainer to gloat of his wins, but rather a very shy boy who enjoys the thrill of the battle while raising his Pokémon. Seeing this quality in him commands instant respect within you, and although nervous, you are determined to give this battle your best.

    “On the western side of the field,” the referee continues, “we have John Jones! This is his first battle here today and we are looking forward to seeing what he has to offer!” The crowd cheers again, obviously used to seeing new trainers, and are eager to offer their support.

    “Both trainers are in position!” the ref announces with a rather large dose of melodrama in his tone, “So let the battle BEGIN!”

    Malcolm then releases a Growlithe onto the field who immediately takes his battle stance. Your reaction?


    Wayne: You know a confrontation with the three approaching humans is inevitable and tighten your hold on Togepi slightly, your nerves pretty much shot. Deciding it’s best to have your wits about you, you snap yourself out of the trance settling over you and stand up straight, determined to hide the fear you feel creeping up your spine. Eventually the three begin to slow as they approach and eventually stop, looking down at you from upon their respective mounts, obviously well aware of the intimidation value of height and number. Putting on a brave face you smile at them, nervously introducing yourself while Togepi continues to bounce in your arms, chattering excitedly in welcome to its newfound friends.

    The three trainers stare at Togepi for a minute before casting each other knowing looks. Looks that you recognise could only mean trouble, and you feel the hairs on the back of your neck rise as the male trainer upon the Onix turns his eyes back to you and speaks.

    “Cute little Pokémon you have there,” he says, completely disregarding Bulbasaur. “I don’t suppose you would be interested in a trade?” His two counterparts sneer at this comment, and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that their version of “trade” means “hand over your Pokémon now, or else” and you find yourself instinctively taking a step backward. Togepi isn’t looking as excited as before either, as it can sense the tension in the air and it’s instincts are telling it that these people are not new friends after all. Togepi’s happy little face turns to worried little frown and as the trainer stared at it greedily. “We saw something land near here you see,” he drawls, never taking his eyes off Togepi, “so we came to investigate, but looky at what we found instead.”

    The female trainer on the Rapidash and the other male trainer upon the Tauros then begin moving in on you, flanking you on either side before a loud screech from above causes everyone to look into the sky. You’re not sure whether to be happy or scared as a young man who appears to be in his early twenties comes swooping down from the sky upon a Fearow. Sitting atop the Fearow’s head is a Totodile who begins to unleash a surprisingly powerful attack for such a little creature, it’s Hydro Pump aimed at the trainers who immediately begin shouting curses at the approaching lad while trying to evade being hit by the water. The trainer then swoops in low, reaching down to grab you and lift you up, swinging you around onto the back of Fearow while Bulbasaur makes a flying leap after you, just managing to land on Fearow before it escapes his reach. “Hold on tight!” the man yells, before guiding Fearow back into the sky and away from the trainers on the ground who are shaking their fists with rage and cursing up a storm as you make your escape.

    A few minutes later Fearow descends from the sky, landing safely on the ground many miles away from the bandits. The man helps you down and glances at you while reaching for Bulbasaur who is looking a little air-sick. “Looks like you got yourself into a bit of a scrape back there,” he says casually, a distinct expression of curiosity crossing his features as his eyes fall upon Togepi. “What on earth did you do to gain the attention of the Cawley’s?”

    Your reaction?


    Jelly: Deciding to begin your journey upon the flat plateau of Comet’s Corner which overlooks most of the Cloud Garden, you find your little Aron becoming rather hungry after a while and so decide to pitch a temporary camp and stop for a bite to eat. After having your fill you both become tired and fall asleep but some time later, you’re not exactly sure how long, something awakens you from your rest. Hearing a strange sound, you look around, still feeling a little groggy, when you notice a Rattata burrowing into your backpack. Looks like you have a little thief on your hands who is trying to steal your food. What will you do?


    RAINBOW WATERFALLS
    Loki: Standing your ground against the two men who are looking furious as they scan the room, witnessing the damage you have done to their little operation, you have absolutely no fear as you release Salamence whose magnificent presence causes them to back away a few paces. The fear in their eyes quickly turns to greed and you can see their minds spinning. Salamence may not be a water type, but she is powerful, and they want her!

    Weepinbell’s trainer immediately leaves it to fend for itself while he races off to a shelf on the side wall to grab another electrified rod which he switches to its highest setting while Salamence stares both Weepinbell and Nidorino down with a Scary Face, her sheer presence causing them to hesitate with their attacks as they are far too Intimidated by her to move in. Using this moment of hesitation to her advantage, Salamence takes a deep breath before unleashing a powerful misty greenish-blue flame from her mouth, being sure to direct it back and forth across both enemy Pokémon. Weepinbell is immediately paralysed while Nidorino suffers some minor burns but this attack has jolted it out of it’s panicked state and it charges toward Salamence using Horn Attack to drive it’s horn as deep into her chest as he can while her attention is distracted by Nidorino’s trainer who has just released a Tentacool, tossing the Pokéball straight toward her face so the jellyfish Pokémon could latch onto her before she has an opportunity to react.

    While Salamence rears up onto her hind legs releasing a roar of pain that could wake the dead, the trainer with the electric rod races forward and is ready to strike her in the belly with it when a streak of orange/red flashes past your eyes, bowling into Nidorino with such force that his horn is immediately dislodged from Salamence’s chest and it goes flying into the trainer with the rod. Pokémon and trainer crash to the ground in a tangled heap while you are left staring in amazement at a very healthy, well cared-for Blaziken.

    “Great job Blaze!” Mike yells, excited.

    Giving him a nod of thanks you return your attention to the trainers. It appears these guys are more than willing to fight dirty which enrages you even further and as they regroup for another round of battle they each release another Pokémon. The first releasing a Raichu and the second a Kadabra. The two Pokémon immediately team up to release a combo attack, Raichu’s Thunderbolt combining with Kadabra’s Psybeam to create one hell of a powerful beam of electrically charged psychic energy which careens straight for Salamence. She is ready this time however, creating a semi-transparent shield which surrounds her and Protects her from the attack.

    Blaziken then leaps forward, rising high into the air in between both Pokémon, his feet afire as each one smacks hard into Raichu and Kadabra’s heads with Blaze Kick. Both take a nasty hit falling back onto their rears while Salamence and Blaziken both prepare for another round of battle.


    WolfinOutlawAsi: Your last update


    DELIBIRD RIDGE
    Radical Edward: Finally relieved to have a chance at some real action you approach this battle eagerly, releasing Dyrim who emerges from his Pokéball ready and rearing to go. Gengar chuckles, a sound which makes your spine tingle in an unpleasant manner while Dyrim begins the battle by Leering Gengar down in an attempt to prevent it from attacking too soon. Since using Sunny Day in this little chamber is out of the question, Dyrim uses the few seconds of opportunity he has to fully charge his fist with one massive dose of fire energy, the blazing light from his fist casting an eerie glow across the small chamber.

    Breaking free of Dyrim’s stare, Gengar shakes it’s spectral head as though being annoyed by an insect buzzing around it’s ear before grinning widely and giving Dyrim a rather intimidating stare of his own, Gengar’s Mean Look casting a faint blue glow across the room, combining with Dyrim’s fiery one to create an usual and very pretty aura. Dyrim is the one finding himself hesitant to move this time as he stands there in his battle pose and as he watches, Gengar’s eyes appear to swirl with misty black clouds giving Dyrim the sensation of looking into a bottomless void. The next minute two black thunderbolts shoot out of Gengar’s eyes, the Night Shade hitting Dyrim square in the chest and throwing him back against the chamber wall where he slides to the floor, ending up in a sitting position. Quickly pulling himself together, Dyrim regains his feet and his battle pose, humiliated after a failed first round and eager to show this cocky ghostie just what he is capable of.

    Your reaction?
    New sig coming

  13. #73
    May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Bark Town, England
    Posts
    6,077
    Blog Entries
    4

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    RAINBOW ROAD
    FabuVinny: Setting off along the bright, cheerful Rainbow Road, you take the opportunity to enjoy your surroundings. The fresh flowers, bright skies and a seemingly endless Rainbow that divides the sky would be enough to lighten anybodies spirits. Several minutes later you find yourself confronted with three different options. One, you can continue along the endless path stretched out before you. Two, you can veer off the main path and take the trail leading off into the bushes by the side of the road or three, you can take a closer look at the rustling bushes by the side of the path, especially since you could have sworn you just saw a pair of eyes staring at you from the foliage. What will you do?
    "Hey look," says Mareep suddenly. "There's a trail leading off into the bushes by the side of the road."
    "So?"
    "So let's see where it goes."
    "I don't know. The Guidebook said it is better to stay on the path because it is easy to get lost in the forest."
    "That is a path, isn't it? Anyway, I thought you wanted an adventure. And that would be a better place to start it than this neverending road."
    Vincent pauses. Going on that path could be a good way to start an adventure. But still...
    "Mary? Did you just see something?"
    "Like what?"
    "I'm sure I just saw some eyes in the bushes."
    "You were probably just seeing things"
    But Vincent isn't so sure, and so he goes down for a better look.

  14. #74
    Aww, Innit cute? Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    You gotta hate it when people put crappy jokes here!
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Update
    Jelly: Deciding to begin your journey upon the flat plateau of Comet’s Corner which overlooks most of the Cloud Garden, you find your little Aron becoming rather hungry after a while and so decide to pitch a temporary camp and stop for a bite to eat. After having your fill you both become tired and fall asleep but some time later, you’re not exactly sure how long, something awakens you from your rest. Hearing a strange sound, you look around, still feeling a little groggy, when you notice a Rattata burrowing into your backpack. Looks like you have a little thief on your hands who is trying to steal your food. What will you do?
    OCC: Sorry for my impatience for a few threads on SPPF and Here *smacks self*

    Jelly awoke to hear rustling coming from his bag. Jelly got up and saw the Rattata.
    "'Morning Aron... 'Morning Rattata" Jelly said, Rubbing Sleep from his eyes. "WAIT A SECOND - RATTATA?" Jelly shouted. Aron awoke from his slumber and Turned to Jelly.
    "Aron, ron?" Aron asked, Rattata was still looking at Jelly.
    "We have ourselfs a Little thief here Aron... And guess what he was stealing?" Jelly said, with an evilish grin on his face.
    "Ron?" Aron said, shaking his head in shock.
    "Yes... He ate your-" Jelly pulled out a lump of Iron with tons of Teeth marks inpaled into it. "IRON SLAB!" Aron's expression changed into an angry, annoyed expression. "So Aron, shalt we fight this rodent?" Aron nodded his head.
    "Alright, give this little mouse a taste of your Fury Cutter! Then, try a Harden incase it attacks, now use Rock Slide using the rocks outside!"
    Mood: Happy



    The Steel Fan


    Gelée, Gelee, figure out what they both mean and send a PM to me

  15. #75
    Eureka seveN Solarsaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Solarsaur: No, the map is only for use in this adventure so it doesn’t need to be added to your inventory. It’s useless anywhere else.

    Studying the map and your surroundings, you work out roughly where you have to go before tucking it securely away and setting off for your destination. As you walk you ponder upon the situation, so many questions floating around in your mind that you have no idea where to begin. Your trip is relatively uneventful, but the day is beginning to dwindle away into dusk and you can feel the temperature beginning to drop. When you have reached the area where you believe the lair is located you pull the map out again, examining it a little more closely. This time you notice there is very small writing beneath the X so you squint your eyes, trying to make it out.

    Entry is not guaranteed for guardians lay in wait
    Protecting that which lays within from those who wish to take,
    The life source of the kingdom from inside the serpent’s lair
    Defeat them now or meet your fate, they appear from thin air!

    Not quite sure what the riddle is supposed to mean, you read over it again before a sudden noise causes you to look up. Alakazam is standing rigidly, staring straight ahead at two very intimidating looking foes, a Haunter and Shedinja who seem to have appeared out of nowhere. They make no move to attack as yet, but you can tell they will if you even attempt to approach the stone Arbok statue they seem to be protecting.

    Your reaction?
    "Ghost Pokemon? I thought for sure there would be serpant Pokemon. Oh well, Shedinja should be easy to beat, but Haunter may pose a problem. Alright, go Alakazam and Vulpix! Vulpix, one Heatwave should be enough to take careof Shedinja! Alakazam, if Haunter blocks the Heatwave, then use Teleport, and then appear in front of Shedinja while powering up a Fire Punch! But if Haunter does not block the atack, use a Confusion!" Adam shouted releasing a Vulpix and commanding Alakazam and Vulpix.

    Alakazam waited for the right moment to power up, as Vulpix needed to attack first. Vulpix was charging a blast of fire that would be shot at Shedinja immediately. Alakazam powers up for a Teleport, even if Vulpix's attack hits.

    "Wait... ghost Pokemon! Alakazam could really get injured from these attacks! Alright Alakazam, try to dodge as many ghost attacks as you can!' he shouted.
    Last edited by Solarsaur; 1st November 2005 at 08:17 PM.
    Fizzy Bubbles Regi.

    Fancee banner coming soon if I cba.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •