The Cloud Garden Recorded History

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121

Thread: The Cloud Garden Recorded History

  1. #1
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,026

    Default The Cloud Garden Recorded History

    CLOUD GARDEN

    Everybody knows that the best things for a Garden are sun and rain, so moving it closer to the sun and clouds would make a wonderful garden.
    So what if we put the garden in the clouds? Imagine the beauty of this place. Actually, don't imagine, come and see for yourself, this picture of natural beauty set into the clear blues skies. Stick around and explore, who knows what surprises and adventures you will encounter.

    Areas:

    Stardust Fields: Updated in yellow
    Ever wondered what it looks like to walk in outer space? Well chances are you'll never get a chance to do that, so why not take a walk through the Stardust Fields instead? A peaceful, uninterrupted terrain, providing habitat for all sorts of weird and wonderful pokemon, and maybe even the odd precious stone or two.


    Rainbow Road: Updated in magenta
    A long road that leads away from the Sky Gate which overlooks the Cloud Garden and is perfect for sight-seeing. Wild pokemon are said to appear along this path on random occasions, they seem used to people, so they won't be quick to run away when you show up. There’s a rest house somewhere along there for trainers who want to rest their tired feet and pokemon.


    Cloud Forest: Updated in limegreen
    A huge forest that surrounds the Rainbow Road, it's surprisingly always bright no matter what time of day it is. The forest acts as a home to most (if not all) Grass and Bug type pokemon and also several other forest dwelling types. Just try not to get lost.


    Memory Lane: Updated in plum
    Leading away from the Sky Gate is this seemingly endless concrete pathway. Flowers line the side of the road, laid in memory of trainers and pokemon that fought there. The saddening feel around the area attract darker, stronger pokemon.


    The Fountain Garden: Updated in deepskyblue
    A small garden filled with fountains, waterfalls and clear lakes. Water pokemon love this little area and thrive to the point where you can't turn around without tripping over a Magikarp. Fishing is not allowed in this area as it is considered as cruelty towards the water pokemon.


    The Rock Garden: Updated in lightslategray
    The main focus of this area is the amazing natural rock formations. The area is filled with holes, burrows, caves and other pokemon homes. If you have a pokemon that can Dig, there are rumours of strange and wonderful things hidden under the soil here.


    Comet's Corner: Updated in red
    A flat plateau that overlooks most of the Cloud Gardens. Many people say that during quiet, cloudless nights the skies are lit up in a display of shooting stars, some even say that mystical pokemon have appeared during these star storms.


    Rainbow Waterfalls: Updated in aqua
    A lush green area with many caves and secret hideouts. Pokemon of all kinds are drawn to the area due to its serenity and rich source of nutrition. The spray from the waterfalls create many rainbows which hang in the skies above making it a popular destination for pokemon trainers and tourists alike.


    Delibird Ridge: Updated in burlywood
    A nesting ground for bird pokemon. A large area of jutting rocks and crevasses where many a bird pokemon have called their home. Set into the clifftops it has become a popular spot for pokemon watchers and explorers that visit the Caverns in the mountainside.


    The Oasis: Updated in darkorange
    A vast, desert-like area. Nothing but sand and stone for as far as the eye can see. In the distance there seems to be a bunch of palm trees and a lake, is it real or just a mirage? Pokemon and Trainers that can brave the vicious sandstorms just might be able to find out but beware! A mysterious dense fog in said to sometimes cover this entire area and when it does all sorts of strange things begin to happen…..



    So, ready to get started? The only thing left to do is choose an area to let your adventure begin. Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    My rules for replies:
    1) Always quote your update when you reply.
    2) Never update yourself. It's my job to give you an adventure, it's your job to overcome any obstacles I put in your path.
    3) Never take it upon yourself to encounter or capture a Pokémon. The Pokémon you encounter is entirely up to the discretion of your updator. If you've read through the Updates & Replies Thread you will find that there are several reasons for this rule being in place.
    4) Please don't annoy me about wanting to find a particular Pokémon or you can be assured I'll never give it to you. You should also never hint at what you want to find unless a situation arises where you are specifically asked that question. Once again, if you do this I'll make sure you never encounter it. The reasoning for this is also mentioned in the Updates & Replies Thread.
    5) If you find yourself in a battle situation, never, ever try to control the moves or reactions of your opponent Pokémon. That's my job. Be sure to give clear and precise instructions for the moves you want your Pokémon to make, but don't ever try to control the Pokémon you are battling. Am I repeating myself? Yes. I'm hoping I'll never have to PM anyone about editing their reply because they've posted incorrectly. Posting properly to begin with will save both you and I a lot of trouble, trust me. I've lived through it before when our Serebii Branch first opened and I have no wish to repeat the experience.
    6) In a 1 on 1 battle you may use up to three attacks per round (either offensive or defensive). In a double battle you may use up to two attacks per round.
    7) If your Pokémon has a nickname please don't expect me to know it straight off the bat. After a while I do become familiar with the teams of people I update but when you're new to me I'd appreciate it if you would refer to the Pokémon you have, not call them by name. For example, somebody says, "Blaze use Ember!" Ummm, who/what is Blaze? I know it's a Fire Type, but what is it? A Torchic, Charmander, Houndour??? I won't know unless you tell me.
    8) Please try to give it your best when replying to an update. Updators put in a lot of time and effort creating adventures for you, the least we ask in return is a decent reply. To give you a detailed update and receive a one or two liner in response is very disheartening and really turns us off. If you put in the effort to give me your best, I'll put in the effort to give you mine.
    9) I do ask that you keep a profile of your FB team in your signature which includes your Pokémon, their levels and genders. I do however understand that not everyone wants to do this so if you could, at the very least, post a link to your registration post I'd appreciate it greatly. If you do neither and I need some information about your Pokémon.... *shrugs* Don't be expecting a spectacular update.


    For now I do ask that UPN/Serebii members do not post in this thread without my ok. I'm updating alone at the moment and would really like to avoid being overloaded like I was before. Updating too many people at once slows it down for everyone and I want to try to be getting out at least one update per week. Preferably two. I'll see how I go with time.

    UPN/Serebii members ok to post here:
    Tyr
    Radical Edward
    AshsBabyLapras
    Shiny_Magneton
    Arnold
    Ichimatsu
    Will
    Wayne
    Golden Mew
    Last edited by enchantress; 4th September 2005 at 01:18 PM.

  3. #3
    Tyr
    Tyr is offline
    The Lawgiver
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Stationed in CA
    Posts
    1

    Default

    A cool breeze flowed through the Cloud Forest, bringing with it the smell of blooming flowers and fresh water. Emerald light illuminated the forest, providing little shadow or darkness. The thick foliage on the canopy of the trees effectively insulated the forest, keeping the temperature of the forest at the perfect condition for the growth of the plants and Pokemon that called this region home. However, on this morning there was a being that was neither plant nor Pokemon that had penetrated the forest’s embankments.

    An elderly man hobbled through the forest, leaning heavily on a gnarled stick on his left side. His clothes, a copper tunic and beige breaches, were tattered and faded and his hair a beard, both a faint silver color, were matted and greasy. Large holes were ripped in his shirt and deep wounds were clearly visible on his torso. Stumbling towards a particularly large tree, the man settles into a small seat provided the roots that lay on the green earth. Resting his chin against his chest, he closed his eyes and began to listen to the gentle sounds being produced by the forest.

    The sound of wings beating quickly against the air around them alerted the man that he was not alone. Keeping his head down, he opened his eyes. From the corner of his eye he caught a glimpse of a black and yellow blur flitting between the trees.

    His prey had taken the bait…

    The buzz of the flapping wings grew louder and louder until the man suddenly jerked his head up from where it had rested on his chest. Mere inches from the mans face hovered an abnormally large Ninjask, frozen in mid attack with it’s sickle like forearm raised high. The man watched, amused, as all the confidence and superiority were drained from the Pokemon’s eyes and replaced by fear and uncertainty. The man’s eyes, ablaze with white light, narrowed happily upon the retreating Ninjask.

    -You weren’t supposed to do that.-

    The feminine voice echoed through the man’s head with a touch of disdain as a white light surrounded the man who had risen to his feet. Starting from the top of his head, the light slowly spread down his body. His body transformed under the influence of the light, his form straightening and filling out. His long hair and beard fell away, leaving a full head of blonde hair in and a blonde goatee. The wounds in his chest closed and the torn fabric mended itself as the color returned to the clothes. The years melted from his body as his body reverted to that of a nineteen year old.

    The light flowed to his back and formed into a dark blue cloak with a golden clasp that lay in the center of his sternum. The clasp was solid gold and ornately carved, the images carved into the metal constantly changing showing battling creatures. The clasp hummed with energy as it absorbed the light back into it.

    -You blow another chance for me to get some experience and I am going to have to beat you, Tyr.- The voice rang playfully through his head.

    Looking up in time to see the Bulbasaur lower herself from the tree with her vines, Tyr smiled at her playfully.

    “Ye know it is funny, Sifa”

    Sifa smiled playfully at Tyr as she shook her head and gazed at him with her brown eyes.

    -It was funny, the FIRST time.-

    “Alright, alright. Let’s go find someone to battle then,” Tyr responded grabbing his bag from where it lay hidden behind the tree, “Besides, we need to find what we are looking for also.”

    Slinging his bag over his shoulder, Tyr followed Sifa as she strolled down the path, occasionally stopping to sniff the air before continuing.


    OOC: It is good to be back Hope this is up to your standards Tess m’dear.

  4. #4
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    It's been a while since registration opened so there's no need to keep you waiting any longer. And Tyr, in response to your question, that was certainly a very... different... introduction post, but when are you ever not up to standard?

    Enjoy ^-^


    CLOUD FOREST
    Tyr: Smiling affectionately at Sifa as the two of you prepare to embark upon a new journey, you lift your bag from the ground, slinging it over you shoulder before heading off deeper into the forest behind Sifa. Your little Bulbasaur enjoys taking the lead, thrilled to be here in her natural environment and soaking up the beautiful morning sun as it filters through the canopy of leaves above. Streaks of sunlight dance about as a gentle breeze cause the leaves to rustle slightly in its wake. Sifa dashes back and forth, happily sniffing the flowers and shrubs all around her, drinking in the familiar forest aroma which is something she had missed, and is taking full advantage of now. The sounds of nature fill your ears as the inhabitants of the forest go about their daily business, the calming atmosphere helping you to feel at peace in this bright, forest wonderland.

    A short while later, as Sifa dashes over to sniff yet another batch of shrubbery, she suddenly yelps, leaping back from the bushes with a startled look on her face. Concerned, you move closer to see what had upset her when you notice a lot of rustling in the bushes. Sifa looks up at you with a puzzled expression on her face when all of a sudden a Farfetch'd leaps out of the foliage brandishing a leek, promptly whacking Sifa right across the nose. Sifa yelps in surprise once more but this time stands her ground, frowning at the feisty little Farfetch'd. It appears this little ducky isn't all too happy to have you trespassing upon it's territory. Whatever shall you do?

  5. #5
    How's THAT for java. Radical_Edward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Transfer-ness!

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress

    DELIBIRD RIDGE

    Radical Edward: With Vasuki having bound Skarmory’s legs up tightly, it doesn’t seem to be doing much damage to the metallic bird... yet, and with Skarmory airborne the problem will come when it tries to land, but the agony it is feeling from Vasuki’s fangs to the underside of it’s wing is causing it to falter slightly in the air. Vasuki attempts to Glare at the bird, but to no avail. Being directly beneath Skarmory, it is impossible for him to make eye contact, but he doesn’t stop squeezing, hoping to force Skarmory to come in to land so he can have a better chance of fighting it. Skarmory attempts some aerial acrobatics, trying to shake Vasuki off, but Vasuki is holding on tightly, unwilling to give up the advantage he has at this point in the battle and before long he focuses on Skarmory’s weak spot, firing off tiny pin-like needles, his Poison Sting piercing Skarmory’s wound. Skarmory shrieks in agony, helpless to attack the Arbok clinging to it, and while you stand watching, thrilled with Vasuki’s performance your blood suddenly turns cold when you see what Skarmory’s next plan of action is.



    At the top of the cliff is a ton of bramble bushes and Skarmory is heading straight for it. Your heart seizes up for an instant as you realise that Skarmory is planning on flying straight into it! You know that bramble bushes are a popular nesting spot for Skarmory and that the birds’ metallic coat will protect it from the thorns, but what about Vasuki? It’s only a matter of seconds before Vasuki will be shredded to ribbons and he hasn’t yet noticed the immediate danger he is in. Whatever shall you do?



    Fantastic as always ^_^



    Bens eyes go wide and his heart freezes as he waches the iron bird fly strait towards the razor sharp brambles.quickly going through all possible options, only one sticks in his mind.he franticaly fumbles for Vasuki's pokeball and an empty one.once he finds them, he aims Vasuki's ball towards the purple snake and hits the return button, hoping he will be returned befor being slashed to ribbons, than throws the empty one, witch he now realises as an ultraball at skarmory, hoping to atleast have the bird sucked into it so it falls back to ground level so he can resume the battle...
    Last edited by Radical_Edward; 3rd August 2005 at 03:30 PM.
    .::EffBee::.
    Regi||P.C.

  6. #6
    Sabusa le lizwe AshsBabyLapras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    the Pride Lands
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    ABL: Sitting happily upon your shoulder, Scamp does exactly what you ask of him as you walk further into the dark patch of forest. The light is fading faster than you could have imagined, and you have to cover your eyes when he lights up the area with his Flash, but the light he has created does little to help in this dreary area. There is barely enough light for you to see, but you do notice this area is very dense with vegetation. You can hear the sounds of movement around you, but whether it is coming from forest creatures hiding amongst the foliage or from the slight chill breeze drifting through here, you do not know. A foul stench is coming from all around you and you’re even more convinced you should be leaving when Scamp suddenly squeals a warning, causing you to stop only inches from the side of an ink black pool of water. You can see your own reflection staring back at you from the surface before you notice Dreamer looking curiously into its depths. You then see ripples forming on the surface of the pond and you become nervous, instinctively scrambling backward as something black leaps out of the water toward Dreamer. Calling for her to get back you find yourself staring at Dreamer’s perfect twin, only this Espeon is pure black. At first glance you had thought it to be an Umbreon but soon notice it missing the familiar markings of the Dark Type. It instead possesses the familiar jewel Espeon carries on it’s forehead. The Dark Espeon stands stock still, it’s brilliant ruby eyes staring at Dreamer with the malicious intent to battle.
    Thanks for picking me to be a guest over here, Tessa dear. *hugs* You know how much I appreciate it.

    And is it just me, or is the Cloud Forest wildly popular 'round these parts? :P


    Giving Scamp another light tickle as a reward for his startlingly bright Flash, ABL looks around, blinking rapidly as her pupils struggle to handle the sudden changes in light level. Gradually adjusting, the young girl is pleased enough to see that it's no longer quite so dim in the area, but decides to keep her Chikorita on her shoulder in order to prevent any potential tantrums. "Good work there, Scampers," she smiles, causing the proud little Grass type to beam and puff his tiny chest up. Despite Dreamer's mild crankiness over not being able to sun herself, ABL remains as cheerful as possible, feeling quite at home as she studies the various plants surrounding her. However, her feathers quickly grow a little ruffled as a gust of wind whistles through the trees and the trainer shivers, pulling her jacket from her backpack and slipping it on. Scamp, having been set on the ground, is visibly annoyed and stamps one little foot as he squawks in protest. "Alright, alright," ABL replies, fighting the urge to roll her eyes playfully as she wraps the Chikorita up in the front of her jacket, hoping that her Espeon and Arcanine won't be too bothered.

    As the troops continue on their way, the trainer wrinkles her nose as she picks up on a nasty smell in the air, their casual stroll getting increasingly unpleasant. Distracted by the stench, ABL glances around their current patch of forest, half-wondering about the quickest route out of there when Scamp pipes up again and calls her to a halt. Looking down towards her Pokémon, she notices the dark pool at her toes and scrambles away from the water's edge to stop herself from slipping in. Breathing a sigh of relief, the trainer is suddenly very glad that she allowed Scamp to sit up in her arms where he had a good view. Dreamer is less hesitant though, approaching the pool and peering into its depths curiously in a manner rather uncharacteristic for her feline self. Puzzled as to what could be drawing Dreamer towards the eerie black waters, ABL nervously tries to call the Espeon back to her, concerned for the lavender cat's safety. Barely given enough time to even notice the ripples as they form, ABL cries out as the surface of the water is torn to pieces by a splashing from below, desperately reaching out for her Espeon in order to protect her. The agile feline is able to react much more quickly however, doubtlessly with some aid from her psychic powers, gracefully leaping aside and not even getting damp in the process.

    Regaining her ability to breathe after seeing her Pokémon all safe and sound, the trainer's attention turns to the shadow which leapt from the water. Confused, she finds herself unable to answer her own questions about which type of Pokémon this is, let alone the exact species. "It looks so much like an Espeon," she breathes, transfixed by the sight. "But... it can't be." Staring at the jet black creature, she begins to feel very disturbed by the cat's crimson eyes, intimidated by the stark contrast when compared to her own Espeon's enchanting blue ones. Realising that this dark feline is challenging Dreamer, ABL is forced to accept the fact that there is no other way out of the situation. "Dreamer, we can do this," she murmurs, more to reassure herself than her Pokémon. "Fire off a Sand-Attack and then dash forward with one of your Quick Attacks. I don't know what we're up against here, but I'm sure you do, kitten."


    Through despair and hope, through faith and love...

  7. #7
    S_M
    S_M is offline
    SM sez hi. :O
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guess.
    Posts
    292

    Default

    A different reply than the one at UPN (I wanna use this one), cause the other was pure crap. =D

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Shiny Magneton: Aware of Scyther’s sly plan to move in on Nidorina while she is tending to her injured baby, you aren’t about to let that happen. Quickly recalling Spinarak, you release Taillow, the small bird bursting out of her Pokéball, sensing the urgency of the situation. Taillow quickly dive bombs Scyther, preparing to hit it with Wing Attack, but Scyther is too fast, performing and Quick Attack/Cut combo upon Nidorina before it has even realised there is another enemy in play. Taillow’s attack misses and she shoots right past the empty space of air where Scyther had been only a moment before. You hear Nidorina cry out in pain and notice a large gash along her right side where Scyther had attacked her before it lifts the baby Nidoran and streaks off into the forest once again. Taillow follows close behind, attacking Scyther with a barrage of Wing Attacks, forcing Scyther to stop once more. Tossing Nidoran aside it lashes out with it’s scythes, the blades missing Taillow by a whisper.

    Nidorina, injured and in no condition to chase after Taillow and Scyther, looks up at you pleadingly as you approach, hoping you can help. Her eyes grow wide when she notes the Moon Stone you are holding in your hand and she stares at it for a few moments before nodding in agreement, knowing that if she evolves she will have the strength to save her offspring. Taking a step closer you reach the stone out toward the injured Pokémon, placing it gently to her chest and watching in amazement as the forces within the stone are released as it comes into contact with the Poison Pin Pokémon. A bright light surrounds Nidorina, and you step back as the light grows larger and brighter, extending upward and outward as Nidorina changes form. When the light fades, Nidoqueen is standing before you and she nods gratefully before turning and charging off into the forest after Scyther. What will you do?
    Watching Taillow's efforts, Stephen bites his lip, and watches the battle with a concerned look, as Taillow fails to take care of Scyther before it strikes Nidorina, and hard, with a Quick Attack/Cut combo. Blood begins to drip from a large gash in her side, and, in a violent voice, cries out in agony.

    Stephen, however, gasps in surprise as the Scyther picks up the small Nidoran, and flies off into the forest. Stephen, looking around for some sort of way to help, is suddenly caught off guard, as he sees the Nidorina laying on the ground. Pulling out the Moon Stone, Stephen approaches the blue Poison Pin Pokemon, and looks into its eyes. Both of them sense what is to happen, as Stephen lowers his hand containing the Moon Stone, and touches Nidorina. Suddenly, the stone glows a bright white, and is absorbed into Nidorina's skin, causing her to glow a brilliant white herself.

    Astounded, Stephen steps back a few feet, as Taillow perches on his shoulder. He watches in awe as the medium sized Pokemon grows larger, taller, and wider, standing on her back legs, growing a more developed tail, arms, and ears. As the light fades, Stephen smiles a bit as the newly evolved Nidoqueen shouts out in triumph, before staring into Stephen's eyes. She nods, before running off into the forest, in a rush to help her baby.

    Stephen then turns to the small bird perched on his shoulder. "Now then..." he begins, "What are we going to do?" Without actually "answering", Taillow takes off into the forest, following the baby Nidoran, Scyther, and Nidoqueen. "Well." Stephen says out loud to himself, as he runs off, following the chase as they go deeper into the forest.

  8. #8
    Waffle status= Roffled Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress



    MYSTERY ISLAND
    [b]Arn: Placing Chowder on the bed while you wander around the room to examine the various antiques, the overwhelming need to sleep takes hold of you and you eventually settle on the bed, your body sinking into the comfortable mattress. Feeling relaxed, and with the tune still playing, it becomes fainter as you drift into a deep, welcoming sleep. Some time later, you’re not sure how long, you awaken to the sound music. Only what you’re hearing isn’t the soothing tune of the lullaby you had fallen asleep to, this is more like upbeat, yet very strange music. Slowly rising to your feet you move closer to the door, opening it just enough to be able to see through the crack. You are met with the sound of raucous laughter and you see some movement just outside the door. Hearing a woman’s voice you turn pale as the significance of her words sink in, “I’ll see ya later luv, I ‘ave me a customer waitin’. Passed out cold ‘e is, the poor darlin’, but I’ll fix ‘im. He‘ll be nice an’ hot in no time.” You then see two young women of about eighteen in the hallway, heavily made up and rather sparsely dressed, giggling as the first girl turns and heads toward the door of the room you are in. Whatever shall you do? (and please keep it relatively clean :P hehehe)
    [/color]
    Hearing the faint noises of people he starts to open his eyes slowly, rubbing them to try wake him up a bit

    "Damn, that was a damn good sleep, but I kinda don't remember seeing all of this in the bedroom when I entered it, and I'm damn sure that there were no people in the bar it was haunted from what I remember, must have been a bad time for me to come in and it gets lively in the morning."

    Sliding off of the bed he gives a nice long stretch out before hearing the faint voices of women outside his bedroom, creeping up towards the door he creeks it open lsitening and peering onward, the words he hears ringing in his head, a Customer? he knew he never paid for anything when he entered, unless you ahve to pay after you leave, after hearing the comment about being hot his eyes glance to the left, his jaw hitting the ground you could her the clunk from miles away, standing in front of the door two 18 year old girls dressed up in some very revealing outfits, gigling away, moving his eyes up and down a puddle of drool startsto form on the floor, looking down he Smiles

    "Damn, I think we're gonna be in for a good time today my friend, a good day indeed, now I know why she was saying i'd be nice and hot, after seeing those two I think i'm gonig to melt, oh well, a Mans gotta do what a mans gotta do,"

    "Weeeeee"

    Running to the bed he leaps up into the air and lands on the bed with a bounce before he gets nice and comfey

    "Chowder, this won't be a scene for young girls, hide under the bed wiil you please?"

    Watching Chowder trot under the bed he grins as the door starts to creep open, getting comfey one last time he breathes heavily before the doorstarts to creep open

    "This has got to be a dream though hasn't it? nothing like this would ever happen to me, lets jsut do the dream check *Pinches himself hard* "Son of a...that hurt like hell, ok it's not a dream, on with the show."
    Last edited by Arnold; 6th August 2005 at 10:44 AM.

  9. #9
    黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    13,149
    Blog Entries
    63
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

    Default

    "Why can't Bug Pokémon just infest houses like normal bugs...", Mamoru sighed to himself, as he continued to trudge through the unsettingly bright Cloud Forest. While some might find the surroundings peaceful, Mamoru, a cityslicker at heart, couldn't help but feel uncomfortable, like this was all a facade, and behind every tree lurked a disgusting creature ready to ambush him. The brightness of the sun penetrating through the canopy hurt his sensitive eyes, and left him sweating heavily in his head-to-foot black clothing. He was tired, hungry, and simply wanted to get out of here, even if it meant leaving emptyhanded.

    Typical of his luck though, he'd already long since lost sight of the road, after going into the bushes to...err...follow a call of nature. It was almost as if the trees and road themselves moved. He could have sworn he'd followed a straight line, but no matter how far he went, he'd been unable to find the track.

    A rustle in the branches behind him catches his attention. Sighing once more, wondering what poor hand fate has dealt him this time, he slowly turns around, placing a hand on his Pokéballs.
    Last edited by Archaic; 9th August 2005 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Removing sig

  10. #10
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Please remember not to reply to your update unless you have an active Pokémon in your party. If your Pokémon are in shops you will need to wait until you have at least one with you if you intend to use it.


    CLOUD FOREST
    Tyr: Smiling affectionately at Sifa as the two of you prepare to embark upon a new journey, you lift your bag from the ground, slinging it over you shoulder before heading off deeper into the forest behind Sifa. Your little Bulbasaur enjoys taking the lead, thrilled to be here in her natural environment and soaking up the beautiful morning sun as it filters through the canopy of leaves above. Streaks of sunlight dance about as a gentle breeze cause the leaves to rustle slightly in its wake. Sifa dashes back and forth, happily sniffing the flowers and shrubs all around her, drinking in the familiar forest aroma which is something she had missed, and is taking full advantage of now. The sounds of nature fill your ears as the inhabitants of the forest go about their daily business, the calming atmosphere helping you to feel at peace in this bright, forest wonderland.

    A short while later, as Sifa dashes over to sniff yet another batch of shrubbery, she suddenly yelps, leaping back from the bushes with a startled look on her face. Concerned, you move closer to see what had upset her when you notice a lot of rustling in the bushes. Sifa looks up at you with a puzzled expression on her face when all of a sudden a Farfetch'd leaps out of the foliage brandishing a leek, promptly whacking Sifa right across the nose. Sifa yelps in surprise once more but this time stands her ground, frowning at the feisty little Farfetch'd. It appears this little ducky isn't all too happy to have you trespassing upon it's territory. Whatever shall you do?


    ABL: Staring at the dark Espeon in awe you struggle to come to some kind of logical conclusion as to what the creature could be, but for now the answer appears to be evading you. As Dreamer’s sapphire eyes focus upon Dark Espeon’s ruby ones, you can’t help but feel a tight knot in your belly. For some reason you’re drawn to this mysterious creature, you can feel the same bond with it that you feel with Dreamer, but your logical mind is telling you that’s impossible. They can’t possibly be one in the same, they just can’t be.

    Dreamer can sense something too, but unable to comprehend it’s meaning she immediately obeys your orders, concentrating instead on something she can understand. Scratching at the ground she kicks up as much dirt, grass and soil as she can, sending the Sand-Attack flying toward Dark Espeon, but it appears the dark kitty has the same idea and mirrors Dreamer’s attack, sending a Sand-Attack toward her. You can smell the moist earth as the two felines stir it up, and while the debris fills the air, both psychic kittens perform a Quick Attack, each unable to avoid the other as they appear to know the other’s thoughts. The two Espeons collide head on, a tangle of black and lavender fur rolling through the damp grass of the forest floor as they hold onto one another, hissing fiercely. Within seconds they spring apart, both landing squarely on their feet in true feline fashion before standing their ground, facing off against one another once more. Your reaction?


    Quilava: With the only choice you have in the situation to be to follow the four Pokémon deeper into the forest, you do just that, breaking into a sprint to catch up with Taillow and the others. You hear a loud roar ahead of you which you recognise as belonging to Nidoqueen, you then hear several squawks from Taillow, and by the time you arrive on the scene you find they have both pinned Scyther down. A little disappointed to have missed the action, you are still relieved to find that Nidoran is safe, but it is staring at it’s mother fearfully and you frown in concern, wondering what could cause this little Pokémon to be so afraid of its parent. Nidoqueen swats Scyther across the head with one powerful stroke, her Scratch attack almost KOing the overgrown mantis before she completely ignores it and turns to her baby. Nidoran looks at it’s mother as though it had never seen her before, squeaks with fright and attempts to hide in the bushes.

    Frowning, you watch this odd exchange between mother and child wondering what on earth could be going on when you notice Scyther climbing to its feet. It’s very dizzy and is having trouble standing up, but you can see it’s going to try to escape. What will you do?


    Archaic: Venturing through the vast and leafy domain of the beautiful Cloud Forest you can’t help but scowl with displeasure at your unusually bright surroundings. You’ve long since lost sight of the narrow trail leading into the forest, and you feel slightly paranoid wandering through the dense brush, convinced there is something disgusting lurking behind every tree. The longer you walk, the more paranoid you become, until eventually some rustling foliage catches your attention. Your hand immediately moves to your belt, hovering over your Pokéballs should you need to call out one of your Pokémon for assistance. A moment later a Pidgey comes flying out of the bushes, squawking madly and nearly scratching you half to death as its wings beat furiously against your face. The assault is over almost as quickly as it had begun however, as the startled bird takes off into the branches overhead and you lose sight of it in an instant. Straightening your clothing while trying to regain some dignity you curse under your breath, hating this place even more when a bold little Treecko suddenly drops out of a tree above you and grabs one of your Pokéballs, calmly tossing it from one hand to the other as it stares you straight in the eye.

    “Searching for something, hmm?” the little Gecko asks, cool as a cucumber. “Help you I will… for the right price....” it continues, a sly gleam in it’s eye while awaiting your response.

    Your reaction?



    MYSTERY ISLAND
    Arn: Instantly coming to “attention” when you realise what the girl means by making you hot, you leap onto the bed, eager for the games to begin. Shooing Chowder off the bed so she can’t see what you get up to, she does what any typical Slowpoke would do - she takes a while to respond. When the door finally opens and the girl enters the room, passing lightly over the puddle of drool you had left on the floor, she gives you a cheeky smile when she sees you’re not only very much awake (in more ways than one), but are waiting for her.

    “It’s nice ta see ya ready an’ waitin’ luv,” she says, her eyes roaming hungrily over you before they fix upon Chowder who still hasn’t moved. “Oooooh! Ain’t she a lil’ dearie!” the girl cries, leaping across the bed (and you), to scoop Chowder up in her arms and give the little water Pokémon and affectionate cuddle.

    Frowning, you’re not too impressed with your Pokémon receiving the “attention” you should be, but before you have a chance to respond, you hear the sound of gunshots outside.

    “Blimey!” the girl cries, jumping to her feet. “The silly buggers are at it agin’!” Dropping chowder into your lap she races out of the room leaving you rather flustered and very much confused. What will you do?



    DELIBIRD RIDGE
    Radical Edward: Without even taking time to think you grab Vasuki’s Pokéball, and reacting with pure instinct, take the only course of action possible. Triggering the release mechanism a red beam shoots into the sky and you hold your breath, praying Skarmory and Vasuki aren’t out of range of the capture beam. You have nothing to fear however, as the beam touches Vasuki’s tail, quickly enveloping him and sucking him safely back into his Pokéball just as Skarmory disappears into the bramble bushes. Hearing a loud squawk of anger when Skarmory realises it’s lost it’s prey, it’s only a matter of seconds before the metallic bird reappears, it’s red eyes appearing to bore straight through you as it swoops in from the sky.

    Tossing your spare Ultra Ball at the descending bird, you watch as Skarmory attempts to deflect it, but the damage done to its wing is causing Skarmory to founder slightly and it is unable to avoid it. The Ultra Ball rebounds off Skarmory, opening and sucking the bird in before the ball falls to the ground wobbling madly for several excruciatingly long seconds. 1 second.... 2 seconds.... 3 seconds pass. Skarmory is still fighting.... 4 seconds.... 5 seconds.... any normal Pokéball would have burst open by now... 6 seconds.... 7 seconds.... 8 seconds.... PING! The capture light turns green, giving you a level 7 (gender of your choice) Skarmory.

    You soon continue with your journey, travelling along the dusty path leading you through the seemingly endless rocky cliffs surrounding you. Bird Pokémon go about their business, ignoring you for the most part, but as you approach the end of another days’ travel you see something familiar as the sky darkens. Just around the bend of yet another cliff you see some smoke rising into the air, possibly from another campfire. Could it be who you think it is? What will you do?

  11. #11
    黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    13,149
    Blog Entries
    63
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Archaic: Venturing through the vast and leafy domain of the beautiful Cloud Forest you can’t help but scowl with displeasure at your unusually bright surroundings. You’ve long since lost sight of the narrow trail leading into the forest, and you feel slightly paranoid wandering through the dense brush, convinced there is something disgusting lurking behind every tree. The longer you walk, the more paranoid you become, until eventually some rustling foliage catches your attention. Your hand immediately moves to your belt, hovering over your Pokéballs should you need to call out one of your Pokémon for assistance. A moment later a Pidgey comes flying out of the bushes, squawking madly and nearly scratching you half to death as its wings beat furiously against your face. The assault is over almost as quickly as it had begun however, as the startled bird takes off into the branches overhead and you lose sight of it in an instant. Straightening your clothing while trying to regain some dignity you curse under your breath, hating this place even more when a bold little Treecko suddenly drops out of a tree above you and grabs one of your Pokéballs, calmly tossing it from one hand to the other as it stares you straight in the eye.

    “Searching for something, hmm?” the little Gecko asks, cool as a cucumber. “Help you I will… for the right price....” it continues, a sly gleam in it’s eye while awaiting your response.

    Your reaction?
    Mamoru raises an eyebrow.
    "What price I'll pay depends entirely on what help you can give me, but I'm willing to be generous if you'll co-operate. I'm looking for Bug Pokémon, Pinsers or Scythers preferably. I don't suppose you'd happen to know where they are, and how I might find them? Preferably without me having to confront the entire swarm at once."
    Last edited by Archaic; 9th August 2005 at 09:51 AM.

  12. #12
    S_M
    S_M is offline
    SM sez hi. :O
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guess.
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Quilava: With the only choice you have in the situation to be to follow the four Pokémon deeper into the forest, you do just that, breaking into a sprint to catch up with Taillow and the others. You hear a loud roar ahead of you which you recognise as belonging to Nidoqueen, you then hear several squawks from Taillow, and by the time you arrive on the scene you find they have both pinned Scyther down. A little disappointed to have missed the action, you are still relieved to find that Nidoran is safe, but it is staring at it’s mother fearfully and you frown in concern, wondering what could cause this little Pokémon to be so afraid of its parent. Nidoqueen swats Scyther across the head with one powerful stroke, her Scratch attack almost KOing the overgrown mantis before she completely ignores it and turns to her baby. Nidoran looks at it’s mother as though it had never seen her before, squeaks with fright and attempts to hide in the bushes.

    Frowning, you watch this odd exchange between mother and child wondering what on earth could be going on when you notice Scyther climbing to its feet. It’s very dizzy and is having trouble standing up, but you can see it’s going to try to escape. What will you do?
    Stephen watches with a strange look on his face, as the baby Nidoran runs into the bushes, seemily afraid of its mother. Deeply exhaling, Stephen then wonders what could have caused such a thing. Stephen then realizes what had happened. First, a huge blue Pokemon came out of the blue, and the Nidoran had no knowledge that it was its mother, though because it was its parent, it might have kicked in along the way. That, plus the fact that it just witnessed it beating the Scyther pretty badly, and was wondering if it would use that brute strength on it.

    However, he then notices the Scyther getting to its feet. Taillow immediately circles around, and hovers in midair beside Stephen, looking up to him for attack orders. "Just let it go, Taillow." Taillow looks up to him in a look of crazed confusion. "Tai?" Stephen replies, "It's not going to hurt them any more-It's trying to escape." With a defeated nod, Taillow perches on his shoulder, before Stephen walks over to the Nidoran and Nidoqueen. He then says "Nidoran, this is your mother. See?" Stephen gestures to the gashes in various places on the mother's body, which evolution couldn't seem to heal. Stephen then continued, "The only reason that she beat up that Scyther was for you, Nidoran. She was trying to protect you." Stephen then took a few steps back, and waited the small Pokemon's response.

  13. #13
    Sabusa le lizwe AshsBabyLapras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    the Pride Lands
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    ABL: Staring at the dark Espeon in awe you struggle to come to some kind of logical conclusion as to what the creature could be, but for now the answer appears to be evading you. As Dreamer’s sapphire eyes focus upon Dark Espeon’s ruby ones, you can’t help but feel a tight knot in your belly. For some reason you’re drawn to this mysterious creature, you can feel the same bond with it that you feel with Dreamer, but your logical mind is telling you that’s impossible. They can’t possibly be one in the same, they just can’t be.

    Dreamer can sense something too, but unable to comprehend it’s meaning she immediately obeys your orders, concentrating instead on something she can understand. Scratching at the ground she kicks up as much dirt, grass and soil as she can, sending the Sand-Attack flying toward Dark Espeon, but it appears the dark kitty has the same idea and mirrors Dreamer’s attack, sending a Sand-Attack toward her. You can smell the moist earth as the two felines stir it up, and while the debris fills the air, both psychic kittens perform a Quick Attack, each unable to avoid the other as they appear to know the other’s thoughts. The two Espeons collide head on, a tangle of black and lavender fur rolling through the damp grass of the forest floor as they hold onto one another, hissing fiercely. Within seconds they spring apart, both landing squarely on their feet in true feline fashion before standing their ground, facing off against one another once more. Your reaction?
    Her brow furrowed with confusion, ABL is still unable to take her eyes away from Dark Espeon for too long, going over every one of her previous adventures in her mind. Finding no memory that will give a clear indication of what the creature is, the girl runs her fingers through the waves of her dark hair and exhales slowly, watching the battle take place. Stunned by how evenly matched the two cats are, the trainer blinks, wondering if this could possibly be a Ditto. “No,” she murmurs to herself, thinking out loud. “That couldn’t be… could it? Why would it transform with such dark fur? And those eyes…” Despite the way the glittering ruby colour haunts her, the young trainer still senses some kind of closeness between the strange Pokémon and herself, though she finds it difficult to comprehend why. She knows that there is no way for either feline to overpower the other as things are, particularly with the way the Dark Espeon is mirroring Dreamer’s every move and reaches the conclusion that something else must be done. “It’s like a… like a shadow.”

    Utterly lost as to what she can do in such a bizarre and unprecedented situation, the trainer follows the philosophy so tenderly taught by her gentle blue plesiosaur and responds to the situation as passively as possible. “Dreamer, return,” ABL calls softly and, after a moment of hesitation, the lavender Espeon obediently slinks back to her trainer. Studying the Dark Espeon curiously, the girl is suddenly struck with a thought – does this creature also share the intelligence and understanding of her own intriguing Psychic cat? “Espeon?” ABL ventures tentatively, unsure as to how the Pokémon will react – if it will react at all. “Are you an Espeon? Why do you wish to challenge my Dreamer? She’s done nothing to provoke you and I have no desire to harm you… I just want to understand you, please. Trust me.”


    Through despair and hope, through faith and love...

  14. #14
    How's THAT for java. Radical_Edward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Please remember not to reply to your update unless you have an active Pokémon in your party. If your Pokémon are in shops you will need to wait until you have at least one with you if you intend to use it.




    DELIBIRD RIDGE
    Radical Edward: Without even taking time to think you grab Vasuki’s Pokéball, and reacting with pure instinct, take the only course of action possible. Triggering the release mechanism a red beam shoots into the sky and you hold your breath, praying Skarmory and Vasuki aren’t out of range of the capture beam. You have nothing to fear however, as the beam touches Vasuki’s tail, quickly enveloping him and sucking him safely back into his Pokéball just as Skarmory disappears into the bramble bushes. Hearing a loud squawk of anger when Skarmory realises it’s lost it’s prey, it’s only a matter of seconds before the metallic bird reappears, it’s red eyes appearing to bore straight through you as it swoops in from the sky.

    Tossing your spare Ultra Ball at the descending bird, you watch as Skarmory attempts to deflect it, but the damage done to its wing is causing Skarmory to founder slightly and it is unable to avoid it. The Ultra Ball rebounds off Skarmory, opening and sucking the bird in before the ball falls to the ground wobbling madly for several excruciatingly long seconds. 1 second.... 2 seconds.... 3 seconds pass. Skarmory is still fighting.... 4 seconds.... 5 seconds.... any normal Pokéball would have burst open by now... 6 seconds.... 7 seconds.... 8 seconds.... PING! The capture light turns green, giving you a level 7 (gender of your choice) Skarmory.

    You soon continue with your journey, travelling along the dusty path leading you through the seemingly endless rocky cliffs surrounding you. Bird Pokémon go about their business, ignoring you for the most part, but as you approach the end of another days’ travel you see something familiar as the sky darkens. Just around the bend of yet another cliff you see some smoke rising into the air, possibly from another campfire. Could it be who you think it is? What will you do?
    *Checks however you check the gender of a skarmory*Tis a girl And just for the record, I'll be transfering Masquerade to my net ball and my Delcatty to one of my friend balls

    Ben sighs in relief after Vasuki is returned saftly, than beams as the capture light on his ultra ball flashes green,signifying the capture of skarmory.he walks over to the ball, names for the Iron Bird Floating through his mind.finaly,one sticks in his mind, and he picks up the ultra ball and presses the release button, letting Silver out.The Metalic Avian squaks with confusion, than realises what just happend, and slowly edges toward Ben.He kneels, trying to put her at ease, holding a bit of food leftover from his lunch to her, she takes it gingerly, than nuzzles bens hand, signifying trust.Ben smiles, than a trickle of colors seeps into his mind.dismissing it as nothing, he returns her to her ball, than starts out again toward the Aerodatyl pillar.

    After Traveling down the dusty trail, he spots smoke rising over the top of a cliff, Reminding him of the night when he captured bast and heard the ledgend of Aerodactyl from the old man, Smiling, he jogs around the final bend around the cliff, hoping for a warm fire and a good story.
    Last edited by Radical_Edward; 12th August 2005 at 05:37 PM.
    .::EffBee::.
    Regi||P.C.

  15. #15
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    CLOUD FOREST
    Tyr: Smiling affectionately at Sifa as the two of you prepare to embark upon a new journey, you lift your bag from the ground, slinging it over you shoulder before heading off deeper into the forest behind Sifa. Your little Bulbasaur enjoys taking the lead, thrilled to be here in her natural environment and soaking up the beautiful morning sun as it filters through the canopy of leaves above. Streaks of sunlight dance about as a gentle breeze cause the leaves to rustle slightly in its wake. Sifa dashes back and forth, happily sniffing the flowers and shrubs all around her, drinking in the familiar forest aroma which is something she had missed, and is taking full advantage of now. The sounds of nature fill your ears as the inhabitants of the forest go about their daily business, the calming atmosphere helping you to feel at peace in this bright, forest wonderland.

    A short while later, as Sifa dashes over to sniff yet another batch of shrubbery, she suddenly yelps, leaping back from the bushes with a startled look on her face. Concerned, you move closer to see what had upset her when you notice a lot of rustling in the bushes. Sifa looks up at you with a puzzled expression on her face when all of a sudden a Farfetch'd leaps out of the foliage brandishing a leek, promptly whacking Sifa right across the nose. Sifa yelps in surprise once more but this time stands her ground, frowning at the feisty little Farfetch'd. It appears this little ducky isn't all too happy to have you trespassing upon it's territory. Whatever shall you do?


    ABL: Dark Espeon watches your every movement closely, studying your every reaction, the tone of your voice, everything. When Dreamer reluctantly returns to your side, affectionately rubbing against your leg, Dark Espeon’s eyes narrow suspiciously as it stares deeply into yours. Something is definitely up with this psychic kitty and your mind is spinning with questions.

    When you ask if it is an Espeon, gently pleading for it to trust you, a sudden look of understanding crosses the feline’s eyes, but in that same moment, as it watches your gentleness, you could swear you see a look of regret, and could it be yearning, possibly even envy, flicker in its eyes, but the look vanishes as quickly as it had appeared.

    Dark Espeon takes a step closer to you, its eyes trained on yours. You find yourself unable to break your gaze with it as an almost hypnotic feeling flows through you. You’re barely even aware of Dreamer, Scamp and Karma’s attempts to draw your attention away from Dark Espeon, and the next minute you feel yourself falling as though in slow motion. Your surroundings seem to spin before blurring into a large whirlwind of darkness as you fall slowly toward the ink black pool and then through it. You feel no panic as you feel yourself falling for you can sense you are safe, at least for now. Upon your descent your hear voices, some familiar, some not. You see faces, some also familiar while others aren’t. You see yourself but you look different, and you can’t believe you are responsible for the images you are seeing. This has to be a dream...

    Sometime later you feel yourself coming round. You recognise your surroundings, this is the Cloud Forest, but it’s dark. Dark as a moonless night, the sounds of birdsong replaced by the terrifying screeches of creatures of the night while far off in the distance you hear the eerie howl of a Mightyena as it’s cry echoes through the woods. Your Pokémon are by your side, relieved to see you are awake, and then you see it. Dark Espeon sitting calmly by the side of the clearing, it’s ruby eyes all that are visible of the sleek black beauty as they stare at you in the darkness. Suddenly you hear a girls’ shrill and angry voice echoing through the night, “Shadow, get back here RIGHT NOW or it’s the dungeons for you!”

    And as you sit there on the forest floor, nervous shivers wracking your spine, Dark Espeon slinks off into the darkness, leaving you lost and alone in a new and seemingly terrifying place....


    Quilava: Taking a few tentative steps toward Nidoran who is cowering back into the bushes, you try to explain that Nidoqueen is only trying to protect it. When it hears you say that Nidoqueen is it’s mother, Nidoran looks absolutely horrified and shakes it’s head forcefully, as though in denial. You hear a soft grunt from behind you, and can see Nidoqueen is upset, but she looks at you gratefully for the help you have given, not even taking notice of Scyther as it makes its escape back into the forest. Nidoqueen attempts to move closer to Nidoran but the little one cries out in fear, shivering and huddled close to the ground.

    Just then you hear a male voice behind you, “It doesn’t recognise Nidoqueen as being it’s mother,” the voice says calmly. Spinning around you see a young man in his early twenties wearing a ranger’s outfit, standing on the trail you had used when you had raced into the clearing.

    Smiling, the man approaches you, his hand held out in greeting. “I’m sorry for interrupting,” he says apologetically. “My name is Mike and work in this section of the forest. I saw everything that happened back there. I followed to see if you need any assistance but it appears you have everything under control.”

    You watch as his eyes travel toward Nidoran. “The poor little thing has never seen a Nidoqueen before. Hasn’t seen a Nidoking either for that matter, so when you used your Moon Stone to evolve Nidorina, her form changed and now it doesn’t recognise her. After everything that happened with Scyther, Nidoran is still in shock, but as soon as it calms down a little, I’m sure it will look into it’s mother’s eyes and recognise her for who she is.”

    Listening to Mike’s explanation, you wonder how it could be that Nidoran has never seen the final evolutionary form of it’s own kind, and look back to the two Pokémon as Nidoqueen desperately attempts to calm the nerves of her offspring....


    Archaic: “Bug Pokémon hmm?” Treecko drawls, in a most annoying manner. “You’ve certainly entered the right place, buuuuut,” he continues, eyeing you curiously, “the Pokémon you speak of are dangerous. If I take you to them I expect to be well rewarded for putting my life in such grave peril. We will discuss the terms of our agreement once I see what kind of trainer you are.”

    Treecko then turns away from you, still holding your Pokéball. “Come,” it says, heading off into the forest. “It is a long trek to reach the home of the mantis Pokémon but we will cross stagbeetle territory on our way. Just don’t be expecting a warm welcome when we arrive for they do not like intruders.”

    Eyeing the little wood gecko with contempt you sigh, not quite sure you trust him, but you can’t help wondering if there is some truth in what he is saying and if it turns out he does know where to find the Pokémon you are searching for, then humouring him for the time being will be well worth the headache. Following Treecko into the forest you keep a close eye on him while he speaks.

    “The mantis Pokémon are a nasty bunch,” he says, seeming happy to chatter away while you walk behind him. “They rule over one of the darkest part of the forest and kill all those who dare to defy them. If you want to capture one of them you’re going to have to be a strong trainer. If you are not, you will never see daylight again. The stagbeetles are enemies of the mantis for they once lived in mantis country but were driven out when the mantis attacked. Forced to retreat from their land, they have mounted numerous attacks to regain their homeland but the mantis numbers are too high for them to succeed and they have lost many in the war between the two clans.”

    Suddenly Treecko stops dead and turns to you. “Now we will test you,” he says with a glint in his eye before he dives into the bushes beside the trail. Frowning, you think, “Test? What test?” when all of a sudden you hear loud and very angry screeching from above. Looking into the branches you see several Mankey watching you from overhead. The largest of the group then swings off the branch, coming to land directly in front of you with a fierce expression in it’s eyes. It appears this one wants to battle. What will you do?



    MYSTERY ISLAND
    Arn: Instantly coming to “attention” when you realise what the girl means by making you hot, you leap onto the bed, eager for the games to begin. Shooing Chowder off the bed so she can’t see what you get up to, she does what any typical Slowpoke would do - she takes a while to respond. When the door finally opens and the girl enters the room, passing lightly over the puddle of drool you had left on the floor, she gives you a cheeky smile when she sees you’re not only very much awake (in more ways than one), but are waiting for her.


    “It’s nice ta see ya ready an’ waitin’ luv,” she says, her eyes roaming hungrily over you before they fix upon Chowder who still hasn’t moved. “Oooooh! Ain’t she a lil’ dearie!” the girl cries, leaping across the bed (and you), to scoop Chowder up in her arms and give the little water Pokémon and affectionate cuddle.

    Frowning, you’re not too impressed with your Pokémon receiving the “attention” you should be, but before you have a chance to respond, you hear the sound of gunshots outside.

    “Blimey!” the girl cries, jumping to her feet. “The silly buggers are at it agin’!” Dropping chowder into your lap she races out of the room leaving you rather flustered and very much confused. What will you do?



    DELIBIRD RIDGE
    Radical Edward: I was going to make Skarmory female too *must be psychic* :P Also, transferring Pokémon from one ball to another is ok but make sure you don’t do it again. Once you switch them out of a normal Pokéball, the transfer is permanent. Please don’t forget that.

    Stowing your newly captured Skarmory away safely for the time being, you continue your journey, smiling at the end of a long day when you see a familiar smoke trail rising into the air. Remembering the man from the night before you eagerly jog ahead, hoping for another warm campfire and riveting stories from ancient days. As you round the bend you are not disappointed when you see the elderly gentleman sitting upon a boulder only this time there is no cave. He has his campfire set up once again and is cooking over the flames. Upon seeing your approach the man smiles, raising his hand in welcome and signalling for you to come and join him.

    Eagerly doing just that, you take a seat on another boulder, warming your hands over the fire while waiting for him to speak. He is quiet for a short while, handing you a plate of food and a steaming hot cup of tea. You both sit in silence, finishing your meal, until finally the man begins to speak.

    “You must not underestimate the abilities of the ancient tribesmen who sealed away the Life’s Essence of The King of the Skies,” he begins. “They were ancient craftsmen and well renowned for their skills. They made the most cunning of traps and devices and when the day came to make the decision to spare the Essence of the creature, they wanted to ensure no human could ever gain access to it, so fearful were they of the essence somehow being resurrected, restoring life to the beast.”

    You can feel yourself becoming drowsy now. After travelling all day and now finding yourself sitting by a warm campfire with a full belly, your eyelids are becoming heavy, and although you wish to hear many tales of the ancient bird Pokémon, it appears your body is arguing as you begin to drift off to sleep and the sound of the man’s voice seems to be coming from further and further away.

    Soon you feel the sun beating down upon you and you awaken with a start, sweating heavily, your heart beating rapidly, and once again the man is gone while you struggle to remember your dreams. You know they hold some significance, some information you will need for the journey ahead of you but once again, the more you try to recall them, the more evasive they become. Attempting to shake off the grogginess in your mind after having awoken so suddenly, you could swear you hear something to your left and turn your head to find yourself face to face with a Tauros, it’s foul breath almost causing you to gag. It’s then snorts in your face, a low rumble issuing from its throat which sends a chill shooting up your spine. Better not make any sudden movements. Whatever shall you do?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •