Cascadia's Recorded History - Page 8
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascadia's Recorded History

Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post
    P/Arts: You send out Necross, your Steelix, who towers over the gym leader's Houndoom, but it hardly looks intimidated as the two Pokemon stare at each other, ready for orders and the chance to cause bodily harm. As you give your orders, Claire shouts out to Houndoom, "Ah, we shall see. Houndoom, use your Faint Attack to dodge the Bind attack, and deliver your most powerful Flamethrower to the Steelix's back. Shroud yourself in a Smokescreen to dodge the Dragonbreath!"

Both Pokemon quickly move into action. Steelix lunges forward with its tail, attempting to constrict the Houndoom's motion, though Houndoom reacts faster. A black aura surrounds it as it disappears, reappearing behind the Steelix. Wasting no time, Houndoom's jaws open to reveal a brilliant orange and red glow which travels across the short distance between the two Pokemon quickly, the Flamethrower rushing over the Steelix's back quickly before the flames fade away, having taken a toll on the goliath Pokemon. Not to be deterred, Steelix turns around quickly, ready for vengeance. It opens its mouth, a greenish blue stream of dragon flame bursting forth, crossing the field quickly as Houndoom's mouth lets loose a Smokescreen, filling the area around the fire type. Steelix's attack penetrates the ash colored smoke, though it would appear as though Houndour managed to make a last second dodge of the attack.

Claire then shouts out, "An interesting first round, no? Nonetheless, Houndour, I want you to use your Will-O-Wisp when you have a chance, followed by another quick Flamethrower attack!" How will you react?
    In the back of his mind, a voice was screaming at James to change pokemon, to release Kodou, to play it safe and assure victory through type advantage. It was ignored. Because to James, comparing the feeling of an easy victory to the intense, nerve-wracking, overwhelming sensation to what he was feeling right now it wasn't even a choice.

The rush won.

One thing he was not planning on, however, was that his pokemon would not do things as planned. It was... unlike Necross. James frowned.

"Hey Necross, what's the deal? I told you to slam first, so you could push him back."

The snake bowed his head, eyes distant. "I am not sure. I... apoligise."

The frown receded and JAmes shook his head, grinning slightly. "Yeah, it is you, I thought I owned another steelix there for a minute... but don't be so hard on yourself." A heavy, pleasant feeling filled James' head, making his face flush. "This is why I love battling." He winked at Claire playfully. "The challenge. Right?"

The steelix did not answer. His eye were fixed on the houndoom, and he seemed... stoic. Unmoving. A sign, James knew, that the steelix was trying to resist the urge to rip the arena apart.Damn, not good. Needing to quickly distract the steelix, before his rather unusual tempted became dangerous to Claire, the houndoom and even himself, James quickly let loose his orders:

"Quickly, let loose your Rage at the houndoom, and only at the pokemon... I don't want you tearing up the place like you did in the Emerald Jungle. Get it out of your system. Take the Will O' Wisp attack - your Shell Bell should even things out, with any luck, so no need to worry. Respond to the Flamethrower with a Dragonbreath, and stalemate 'im." The boy grinned. "Then crack the thing round the head with your Iron Tail."
    Last edited by P/Arts; 10th December 2006 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post

Jerichi: You give orders to Smokestack, who nods as it begins to carry out its attacking orders. It points its head upwards, sending a beam of bright orange energy skyward, causing the clouds to clear and the sun to shine brightly. In the mean time, however, a crackling, spiralling beam of ghost energy forms in front of Haunter, sending the half-charged Shadow Ball at Smokestack as the Sunny Day finishes. The ball explodes upon contact, doing good damage to the fire type Pokemon. Shrugging it off, Smokestack opens its mouth wide, sending another stream of flames outward that wrap around Haunter in the form of a vortex. After a few seconds, the flames fade away into nothingness, and the Haunter looks homicidally onto Smokestack. Haunter's eyes turn a smoky gray as it uses another attack, cutting its HP as it places a Curse onto Smokestack, who is completely defenseless against the telekinetic-esque attack with its Endure attack. Seems as though you don't have as long as you'd like to finish the battle as the Curse is robbing Smokestack of its health and energy, but Haunter did sacrifice a lot of health and energy - perhaps that could be a ray of hope in your situation?
    Tetsu watched as the battle continued. Although Smokestack did clear the skies, he got hit by a nasty Shadow Ball. Luckly, he did get in one hit, that of Fire Spin. But, Haunter turned the tables with a Curse. This is what worried Tetsu the most. Sure, Haunter took a hit himself, but the curse wasn't a good thing at all. Tetsu didn't want Smokestack to suffer the curse. Anyways, it's a disadvantage which he didn't like to deal with.

He knew the best option. "Alright, Smokestack. You did great, but I don't want you to suffer the curse. Come on back!" Tetsu relayed to the tortiose before recalling him. The ball in his hand was switched out what looked like almost instantly. Instead of a firey Pokeball, a Chirstmas-themed was in his hand. He tossed it out onto the dying meadow. A Snorunt popped out of the ball in a flurry of ice and snow. "Sno!" he cheered, but that cheery expression was whipped from his face after he saw what he was facing. "Don't be afraid, buddy! Keep strong! I want you to start with an Ice Beam, and lead straight into a Tri-Attack! Protect yourself from anything you can!" Tetsu ordered. Snowy nodded reluctantly and started to attack the ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by S_M View Post
    Faiyaa: You give your orders to Scurvy for the second round of battle. Scurvy nods and immediately stops flailing around, a red aura consuming it as the Rattata's eyes grow wide, being flung across the room into a wall. Not wasting a second, Scurvy turns to face its opponent, its eyes glowing yellow as it sends a flurry of small, writhing electrical tendrils across the room, entangling the Rattata. After a few moments, the Rattata quits attempting to break free of the hold, frozen in place by the Thunder Wave attack's paralyzing effect. Smirking, Scurvy becomes covered in a smoky gray aura, bursting forward and striking the opponent Rattata, before five more shadows appear in midair, strike, and then disappear. However, it would appear the attacks, while doing good damage to the small rat Pokemon, also knocked it out of its paralysis. The small rat darts between several places on the wooden floor, 3 more Rattata appearing to join the original in a Double Team attack. Rattata seems to have taken a good amount of damage this round, but it can still go on. What will you do?
    Gary smiled and applauded his Aipom. "Great job Scurvy, let's keep this up!" He then looked at all of the Rattata clones. "Hmm... Double Team, huh? I know just how to stop that!" Gary turned to Scurvy, who in turn looked back up at his trainer. "Alright little buddy, I want you to blast some rapid-fire Swifts all around the room at the rattatas. Don't worry about hitting them hard, it only takes the slightest damage to destroy the clones. Once you've found the original, Slam it down with your tail and punch it with a Rock Smash!" Scurvy nodded, taking in the commands and Gary smiled. "I know you can do this, little guy, I'm counting on you." Scurvy grinned and nodded again, scurrying off to attack.
    FB Info::My PC::FB Records
    Typhu lv.100, Amph lv.100, Kratos lv.34, Espy lv.16, Shuri lv.100, Thorn lv.53, Scurvy lv.23,

Buru lv.11, Rena lv.100, Coco lv.25, Flare lv.36, Devi lv.100, Aero lv.17, Raphael lv.36

Anime banner made by me.

John's Knight: You give your orders to Forte, who nods, ready to take down its opponent, before it has a chance to do anything to it. Forte glows with sandy-brown ground energy as it jumps into the air, coming down on the ground, sending shockwaves through the ground. The ground violently shakes as the Ursaring loses its footing, falling to the ground with a thud. Its eyes narrowing again, the Ursaring's fist glows a bright cerulean as it sprints across the ground, slamming its fist into the rock/ground type and doing good damage with its Ice Punch attack. Taking the hit, Forte clinches its teeth, enduring the super effective strike. As the attack ends, Forte's mouth opens wide, a spiralling orb of golden-orange energy beginning to form, quickly spawning a devestating beam which races across the field, striking into Ursaring with a violent amount of force, sending it staggering backwards several feet before slamming into a tree.

The Ursaring falls forward, taking one last look of hatred at you and Forte, before closing its eyes on the battle, having been defeated. Level up for Forte! Now, what will you do? Will you continue to explore the area? Or will you attempt to find a way to one of the other islands of the Cascadia archipelago?
    The battle was now over, and Forte had been the winner. "Congratulations, Forte!" John happily said, smiling at his pokemon. "This battle certainly turned yourself stronger, I can see. Excelent performance! You deserve a good rest."
    Grabbing his pokeball, John returned Forte the Golem to his pokeball. He then looked at the fainted Ursaring, lying on the muddy ground. "Let's hope the mud doesn't 'consume' it..."
    Walking carefully around the Ursaring, hoping it was indeed fainted, he continued exploring the Venom Island...

Nash MOMO: Giving your orders to Braids, your Bannette(? - plz have a link to your regi in your sig), it nods, glaring at the Mightyena. Ready to prove that type isn't everything, Braids holds its hands, palm facing, a few inches apart, a glowing, spiralling orb of golden-orange energy beginning to form in midair. The Mightyena's eyes narrow, as it begins to sprint across the room, its mouth filled with potent dark energy as it begins to ready a Crunch attack. However, just as the Mightyena lunges for its prey, the ghost type suddenly disappears from view, reappearing behind the dark dog of doom and unleashing its full destructive power, the Hyper Beam attack sending the Mightyena forward into a stone wall.

Striking it hard, the Mightyena falls to the floor. It shakily gets up, turning to face the Banette with a renewed hatred, its red eyes becoming more intense as the dog's mouth opens wide, a crackling ball of black-purple energy forming and flying across the room, the Shadow Ball missing Banette by only a few inches. Banette appears to be extremely tired after that first round - will that affect your battle strategy?
    OOC- I'm sorry, SM, I would've promised I had the link in my sig.

Looking at the amazing battle that was being fighting between Braids and that Mightyena Felix couldn't thought in anything else than "When did Braids get this strong?". However, after fighting that good, Braids was breathing heavily now, she looked very tired, as she had run for 2 hours. "That was cool!" shouted Felix at his ghostie, but Braids you looked at him like saying "Leave me alone, I can win this battle without your help", but as she was afraid of what Felix could do to her if she didn't obbey, she preffered to follow his orders.

"What can I do now?", asked Felix to himself. "Braids is very bad in energy and I can't let her faint this easily". Felix looked at the Mightyena, it seemed pretty bad too, the Hyper Beam had struck it just in its back. "Mmmm, I got it", said Felix raising one of his fingers, as Braids looked at him, still heavily breathing. "Start things with Torment, that dog migh try to use another Shadow Ball against you and you probably couldn't take it without faint. After using Torment, go with Mega Drain twice, that way you can recover your energy. Try not to move fast and don't get tired".

Braids aimed her eyes to the Mightyena, glared at it and prepared for battle.
    FB

Thanks to Drayano for the Banner

:~Midnight Blue Moon~: Alilatias's Avatar
    BMGf, SPPf, and UPN - The Fizzy Bubbles RPG branches

Alilatias: You give your Pokemon their orders, and they give responses of recognition before they move into action. Falzter begins to use Focus Energy, and the other two Swellow mimic his actions, also using Focus Energy. As Faltzer begins to form a ball of glowing purple ghost energy in front of it, the other two Swellow nod to each other, figuring that the situation is under control with the Electabuzz, and they both begin a sky dive, directly at Magcargo. Saito begins to twirl around on its left foot, beginning to raise its attack and speed, the Swords Dance probably being a good idea against the opponent Magcargo, who needs to be dealt with swiftly to prevent any more damage being done.

Faltzer ends its charging, and releases the Shadow Ball against the Electabuzz, whose prongs had began to glow with electrical energy, facing the two wild Swellow. Completely unsuspecting, it is hit hard in the left side by the Shadow Ball, and it is lifted from its feet, being thrown into a nearby tree as it faints. Level up for Faltzer. As the four Pokemon now begin their assault on the single opponent. The man stares at you, and says "Why this isn't really fair, is it?" He sighs, before he holds out his hand, stepping in front of the magma Pokemon, shaking his head. "I accept defeat. However, I must warn you, we will be back. That amulet is ours."

The man turns around, recalling his Electabuzz and Magcargo. He disappears into the forest. Looking around, you see the two Swellow and Faltzer making sure that the others are all right, before Faltzer retreats to your shoulder. What will you do?
    "Well..." Soruta muttered as she looked to Faltzer, perched on her shoulder. "That was a nice way to start a morning now, wasn't it? And it seems Saito has gotten over his fear of birds."

With that, Saito suddenly looked up to the two wild Swellow, and sweatdropped. "Aw, don't worry, Saito... They're your friends, right?" Saito sweatdropped even more at that remark. Soruta sighed, slightly lost in thought about what the man from earlier had said.

"I accept defeat. However, I must warn you, we will be back. That amulet is ours."

"What does that man mean by 'we'?" Soruta thought. "And what's up with this amulet that he claims the Swellow are protecting?" Before Soruta knew it, Saito had already gone back to his previous state of 'hide behind the trainer from the scary birds'. Looking down at Saito, Soruta gave a fustrated sigh. "Saito, good job against that Marcargo, but you really are hopeless when it comes to even looking at a bird, huh? Well, if you want..." Soruta then pulled out her Great Ball and returned Saito back to his Pokeball.

Faltzer chipred softly, apparently thinking that Soruta had forgotten about him. "Oh, yeah... That's right. There's still the whole amulet thing. The guy said that 'we will be back', and that doesn't sound very good. Faltzer, you should go ask the two older Swellow here about the amulet. See why that man wanted it so much, and see if we can do anything to help the Swellow."

Soruta sighed once more as Faltzer was preparing to take flight. "Young, nosy, and completely perky... That's probably what they think we are."

thed3:You and your Caterpie enter the elevator with Aaron, before it ascends to the top of the crater, turning around and showing the lake. However, it already looked as though it had changed drastically in the few moments in which you were gone. Many more Pokemon lie on the beach, being tended to by the Nurse Joy and the assistants that she brought with her. You and Aaron begin to help them transport the Pokemon, putting them onto stretchers which are connected to several Pidgeot and Swellow, which lift the Pokemon off the beach and disappear into the distance, where it would be assumed a medical facility was located.

After a bit of this, the elevator behind you whirred into life as it opens, a tall, older man with white hair walking out. Nurse Joy rushes over to him as soon as she spots him, and quickly says, "It's happening again." A grave look comes over his face as his fears are proven true, looking to the ground before looking back at the water, a look of confidence coming over him. "I want you to get a the Hydros team in there, search every little bit possible. Then if you're able to find a specimen, have it transported to me immediately by the one who captures it - these are fragile creatures, if they were to touch the side of a container, they would die."

Nurse Joy nods, walking over to one of the walls of the crater near a small building, and putting her hand on a button, causing the rock wall to open a small bit, revealing a Pokemon transport device. She quickly begins to type, and several Pokeballs appear, which she tosses onto the beach, each opening to reveal a Golduck. They quickly go into action, holding their left arms out as their eyes glow blue, the water quickly rising in front of each of them and turning into a midair stream of water, which comes to a few inches in front of each of their faces before the water does a U-turn, returning to the lake in an endless cycle.

The man seems to just notice you now, coming over to you, saying, "Hydrokinesis...what a powerful thing. But no, that's not the point at the moment. I'm Dr. Rapson of the Hedland Research Center on Brine Island. We study the rare and elusive Irondi Tentacool as our main focus. They are no larger than a fingernail, but their venom can be deadly if not treated. No one's ever been able to capture one in order to create an antidote...but we may be lucky this time.

Just as he says this, one of the Golduck call out. Rushing over to it, the man shouts, "Yes, we've found one!" He turns to you, saying "I have to get this back to the lab immediately. Would you like to come with me, or would you rather stay here?
    Watching the Golduck go to work they rise up the entire body of water to try and find the rare sort of Tentacool. The tall man with white hair watches the Golduck as well and he suddenly starts talking to Thed. He talks about the Tentacool, being called the Irondi Tentacool a rare and elusive type of Tentacool. Elusive most likely because of their size the biggest probably only as big as his fingernail.

Suddenly one of the Golduck reacts and signals that it has one of the Tentacool. The man suddenly asks Thed if he would like to join him in taking the specimen back to his lab. "Why, of course I would! This sort of find doesn't happen that often so I would love to be a part of the solution to the lake pokemon's pain. If it would be faster we could fly atop my Tropius to your lab." "Papi! Papi!" Thed's little Caterpie chirped as he heard the mention of flying.

Togisumase! Kemono No Yaiba!
    Hibike! Kemono No Sakebi!
    Tagire! Kemono No Chikara!
    Bisuto On! HA!

FB | | PC | DT

I apologize for the delay.

Torkoal Stu and Joe: You each give your orders to your Pokemon, hoping to be able to take down this opposing Arbok as quickly as you possibly can. Lily attacks first, its right fist glowing a bright cerulean as it punches into the Arbok, ice beginning to crystallize in the area of the strike. Glaring at the grass/water type, Arbok's mouth opens wide, a series of small white needles rushing forth and striking Lily, doing rather good damage with the Poison Sting attack. Not to be deterred, Lily shakes its head, several Razor Leaves bursting free and flying at Arbok at the same time when Joe's Dunsparce joins the action, sending a Water Pulse attack at the snake. Both attacks manage to hit the poison type, doing good damage, and putting it on its last figurative legs.

Lily and Dunsparce then begin to carry out their next orders, Water Gun and Ice Beam respectively. Lily sends the high pressured stream of water at the snake at the same time that Dunsparce creates a crackling ball of ice energy which spawns a slightly erratic beam, both with Arbok in their crosshares. However, the Arbok still has some life in it, quickly burrowing into the ground with a Dig attack, causing both attacks to create a pillar of ice where Arbok was seconds before. Knowing that all that your Pokemon could do was wait, you hold your breath before the Arbok surfaces, smacking into Dunsparce rather hard. However, Dunsparce reacts quickly, its eyes glowing magenta as several waves of psychic energy rush across the field, striking Arbok and sending it flying back into a tree. The Arbok feebly attempts to get up, but it falls to the ground again, KOed. Level up for Lily and Dunsparce.

What will you do now? Continue to search the forest and the dangers that it holds, or head somewhere else?
    "Great work Dunsparce, you did fantastic," said Joe, as he returned his drill-tail-thing to it's Pokeball. Having seen the dangers in this forest, with Stu nearly being killed, and Lily and Dunsparce getting ravaged by an Arbok, it seemed for the best that they should leave the forest, and head somewhere else instead. Taking out a map of CASSSSCADDIIIAAAAAA, Joe began to look through the list of places, reading the descriptions of each one. Finally coming to a decision, he re-folded his map, and placed it back in his bag.
    "Right," he said, as he turned to Stu, "where do you want to go? I think that we should either go to Salin City, or Bane Forest. Dunno why, those two just seem to stand out to me. I'm not particularly bothered which, so I'll let you choose, Stu." Taking out another Pokeball, Joe dropped it on the ground, and a Paras shone through the light, before scuttling around erratically, finally managing to climb up Joe's back, and rest on his shoulder. Noticing her trainer, she began to mimic him (not the attack >>), and looked at Stu, while they waited for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by SM
    Torkoal Stu and Joe: You each give your orders to your Pokemon, hoping to be able to take down this opposing Arbok as quickly as you possibly can. Lily attacks first, its right fist glowing a bright cerulean as it punches into the Arbok, ice beginning to crystallize in the area of the strike. Glaring at the grass/water type, Arbok's mouth opens wide, a series of small white needles rushing forth and striking Lily, doing rather good damage with the Poison Sting attack. Not to be deterred, Lily shakes its head, several Razor Leaves bursting free and flying at Arbok at the same time when Joe's Dunsparce joins the action, sending a Water Pulse attack at the snake. Both attacks manage to hit the poison type, doing good damage, and putting it on its last figurative legs.

Lily and Dunsparce then begin to carry out their next orders, Water Gun and Ice Beam respectively. Lily sends the high pressured stream of water at the snake at the same time that Dunsparce creates a crackling ball of ice energy which spawns a slightly erratic beam, both with Arbok in their crosshares. However, the Arbok still has some life in it, quickly burrowing into the ground with a Dig attack, causing both attacks to create a pillar of ice where Arbok was seconds before. Knowing that all that your Pokemon could do was wait, you hold your breath before the Arbok surfaces, smacking into Dunsparce rather hard. However, Dunsparce reacts quickly, its eyes glowing magenta as several waves of psychic energy rush across the field, striking Arbok and sending it flying back into a tree. The Arbok feebly attempts to get up, but it falls to the ground again, KOed. Level up for Lily and Dunsparce.

What will you do now? Continue to search the forest and the dangers that it holds, or head somewhere else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    "Great work Dunsparce, you did fantastic," said Joe, as he returned his drill-tail-thing to it's Pokeball. Having seen the dangers in this forest, with Stu nearly being killed, and Lily and Dunsparce getting ravaged by an Arbok, it seemed for the best that they should leave the forest, and head somewhere else instead. Taking out a map of CASSSSCADDIIIAAAAAA, Joe began to look through the list of places, reading the descriptions of each one. Finally coming to a decision, he re-folded his map, and placed it back in his bag. "Right," he said, as he turned to Stu, "where do you want to go? I think that we should either go to Salin City, or Bane Forest. Dunno why, those two just seem to stand out to me. I'm not particularly bothered which, so I'll let you choose, Stu." Taking out another Pokeball, Joe dropped it on the ground, and a Paras shone through the light, before scuttling around erratically, finally managing to climb up Joe's back, and rest on his shoulder. Noticing her trainer, she began to mimic him (not the attack >>), and looked at Stu, while they waited for an answer.
    "Like totally high five Lily!" Stuart shouted happily as he stuck out his arm so Lily wouldn't leave him hanging, however....she did. Stuart stood waiting for someone to high five him, waiting, waiting for seconds on end until he sighed and got out Lily's Pokemon. "Good job," he mumbled returning her back to her Pokeball and then turning over to Joe. He listened to Joe's long explanation about Cascadia and then Paras, Stuart yawned as Joe continued to drone on and on and on about CASSSSCADDIIIAAAAAA.

"Well...Salin City would take up a lot of battling, that means Joe and I could be pushed to our limits. Though I really did underestimate Joe and Dunsparce too, hmmm maybe we should take that Gym Challenge. But oooh Bane Forest, that sounds awesome to, not just awesome, like totally girlfriend awesome. I think we should go there but I dunno if Joe would prefer the gyms or not.....why did he leave this choice to me?" Stuart debated with himself as he through his bag onto the ground and knelt down to go through it. After a few seconds he brought out his Christmas Coin Case and got out a single shiny coin and tossed it into the air. "Heads Salin City, Tails Bane Forest!" Stuart said sternly as the coin flew upwards, spinning as it did so. When the coin hit the ground Stuart looked at it carefully as smiled. "Tails...." he said.

Stuart then put the coins back into his case and bag and then put it back on his back and prepared himself for his next adventure. He then looked at Joe for a second, then Paras, then around the area he was in, he thought carefully over how he underestimated both Dunsparce and Joe and how he could of died if it wasn't for them. "I'm sorry Joe, I won't doubt you again...now let’s get going to the Bane Forest!"

Dark Scizor: You give your orders to the Growlithe and to Rakdos. They both nod before they move into action in order to carry out their attacks. The Growlithe begins to glow yellow as it transfers attacking power to Rakdos, whose coat glints in its newfound power. Raising its power even more, Rakdos begins to focus its energy, closing its eyes as it commences the attack. In the meantime, Ariados's eyes glow blue as the leaves on the ground between you and it begin to quickly rush toward you as a tidal wave of Psychic force rushes over Rakdos and Growlithe, who are both sent backward a few feet as the attack hits them. Growlithe opens its mouth, a burst of flame rushing outward toward Ariados, who quickly moves into action, using a burst of Agility to dodge the attack, the Flamethrower hitting a tree which bursts into flame.

Rakdos, done focusing its energy, begins to fly toward the Ariados to strike it, prepared to use its Wing Attack. However, the Ariados spits a sticky white thread from its mouth, wrapping up Rakdos in a Spider Web, falling to the ground as it attempts to rid its body of the sticky webbing which covers its wings. The Ariados has proven itself a formidible foe with only one round of battle - what will you do?
    Saturn already knew that the battle against Ariados would be difficult but the spider was more stronger than he expected. It countered every attack of Rakdos and the Growlithe. Maybe the bug knew that they were going to use those attacks because they have type advantage. If it came from a dangerous forest, it was obvious that it knew how to survive. The clue to defeat it was doing something that it wasn´t prepared for, but how? Saturn decided to try with something that came into his mind and hoped for the best.

"Growlithe, use Agility so you can move faster, then use Bite on Ariados and try to inmobilize it. Rakdos, use Quick Attack to distract the spider and after Growlithe´s Bite, Slash it."
    Fizzy Bubbles

Banner made by Joe

Wayne: Giving your orders to your Bulbasaur, it begins to move into action in order to carry out your attacking orders. Opening its mouth, a flurry of glowing green particles rush forth, flying through the air at the behemoth. The Electabuzz attempts to move out of the way of the strike, but the widespread characteristic of Bullet Seed causes it still to get hit by some of the attack, doing a small amount of damage. The Electabuzz roars in disdain, its fist beginning to crackle with electrical energy as tendrils of electricity wrap around it, the yellow Pokemon preparing a Thunder Punch attack.

As the electric type runs forward to attack, Bulbasaur watches vigilantly, waiting for the chance to dodge Electabuzz's attack. As it swings its fist at the grass type, Bulbasaur nimbly jumps out of the way, Electabuzz's fist passing through the air where Bulbasaur was just seconds before. Roaring in anger again, the Electabuzz's prongs each begin to crackle with electricity, before the electrical currents join between them, spawning a bolt of electricity which flies downward, aimed at Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur manages to dodge the majority of the strike, though it does still get hit a bit and takes minor damage. Concentrating, Bulbasaur's bulb glows white for a few seconds before it sends a yellow-orange beam of energy up into the skies, which clear of the few clouds that had been overhead, but you do notice that the dark clouds of the infamous Ion Island thunderstorm still remain in the distance, rather curiously due to Bulbasaur's attack. What will you do?
    Wayne looked at Bulbasaur as he released the beam of energy that lead up into the sky that cleared a few clouds. Wayne started to grow nervous as it was obvious that this Electabuzz was quite strong and it was going to be a hard battle ahead. Trying to think of a strategy for this round Wayne then got a good idea of what to do next while the battle was pretty much even. “Bulbasaur I know this Electabuzz is strong but I also know you can beat it if you try your best. Use Magical Leafs and then try to make it fall asleep with Grasswhistle. After that use Leech Seed on it regardless if it falls asleep. Try and keep dodging it's attacks since they look strong...”

Waterlight and Jon Jen: You've been removed from the zone for not replying to 2 consecutive updates. Unless I've made a mistake, in which you're free to correct me.

I apologize for the delay.

Centin: You give your orders to Axtan, who nods as it continues its assault against the Machamp. It disappears in a flash of light, reappearing about 10 feet above the Machamp's head in the air. The Machamp looks upward as Axtan's eyes crackle with ghost energy, a dual attack descending upon the Machamp, who nimbly dodges the attack before opening its mouth wide, a stream of flame rushing forth and striking the psychic bird, doing a decent amount of damage upon contact, and slightly scorching Axtan. Recovering quickly, Axtan flies upwards before it begins a dive-bomb, smacking into the powerful fighting type before it has a chance to react, and doing a very good amount of damage. The Machamp glares at you and Axtan as the round of battle draws to a close, looking tired as though another powerful hit such as that could take it out easily. What will you do?
    "I'm bored, philosophies,..fill low so fees, I'll call it a day for peotry and tea," the young trainer fixed his hat's position on his head and begins to take attention again, with grit this time, or more likely, boredom, at the battle this time around. The xatu hovered close to his trainer. However, with a slurred speech, the trainer gave a rather, hasty command of sheer lack of enthusiasm. "Swirl up to the skies, crash down on that machamp if you want, but make sure to blast up a night shade over it. Now, swirl," the trainer then began to see his xatu turning itself up, releasing itself from the boundaries of the earthed ground, and swirl in style. He did stress the word night shade a little, but more importantly, he did a "swuush" sound depicting the word swirl, just right after it. The laid-back trainer pulled a few steps back, but began to fall and drop onto the grounds on his back, then with a sigh, "Man, this sure is boring." After a short while, he put his small booklet back into his bag which was nearby, albeit, next to him, but began to take it out again, but this time, he just used it, with it opened, and closed his face, his eyes in particular, and gave another sigh-like-murmur, "Burgh". Some small dust particles fly out from the page to his hair slightly spread out on the ground.
    A place where I store stuff that I create. Ascension Drive. | Fizzy Bubbles

Dark Fire: Continuing your assault on the Beedrill, you decide to change your strategy in hope that this battle will end faster. Vulpix becomes covered in a black aura before it jets forward, striking into the Beedrill quickly before it has a chance to dodge. Before Beedrill has a chance to begin an attack, Drought's eyes glow blue, hypnotic waves rushing over Beedrill, and forcing it to fall asleep into a deep slumber...

Wishing the Beedrill all the worst, Drought closes its eyes for a few moments before the Beedrill violently shudders. Drought smiles evilly as the Nightmare takes effect, beginning to drain the opponent bug's energy, leaving it looking in a rather poor shape...What will you do now?
    Rayne quickly scanned the Beedrill, and noticed it was in pretty bad shape. But although victory was right in front of him he mentally decided not to harm the insect any further. Drought picked up on the thought with her newly discovered Psychic abilities and butted in.

<You're joking right? Let me shred that the bee to oblivion.> She growled, sensing the remorse in her trainer.

"No. We've proven our point, that'll be enough." Rayne replied.

<No, no we haven't. The minute he'll wake up he'll realize what we did and only get harder to beat. I have to finish him now!> The Vulpix hunched over, bearing her teeth, ready to attack. Rayne couldn't tap into her mind like she could his, so he couldn't tell why she had such a need for savageness.

"That Beedrill is in no condition to ward off attacks, and even when it wakes up it won't be able to. Forget it Drought, let's keep going, before more of its kind show up." He tried to plead, but to no avail.

<That's exactly my point. He'll wake up, and gather the rest of his colony, and then what? You'll need Minerva to help you out, but she's not here right now. I can assure you, that even with my expertice, I won't be able to fend them off. So, if you won't give me commands, I'll attack on my own will.> The mental link faded, as she began concentrating for a Faint Attack. Desperate Rayne tried to grab the Vulpix, but she had vanished in a poof of black smoke. Swiftly he grabbed Drought's pokeball and clicked the return button. A red beam split the air around it seeking the Vulpix, and finally sucked her in as she reapeared inches from the bee. Relieved and shocked he let out a long sigh.

What was that all about? He asked himself eyeing Drought's pokeball It was like a whole different Vulpix out there. Rayne was puzzled at his pokemon's behaviour, but decided to shrug it off for the time being. He slowly walked over to the snoozing Beedrill, and placed three oran berries a couple of feet in front of it, hoping it would forget the incident if its opponent showed some hospitality.

With one last glance at the clearing they battled in, Rayne dissapeared in the thicket. For the time being he would continue further into the mysterious forest ...

Cascadia: New and Improved!

With new ZAs: Jerichi, thed3, and Rat

The zone is open to 20 people before being capped again. Please note that this is first come, first serve. You may only venture in one zone at once right now, though this may change soon. Also, please note that joint adventures are no longer permitted. Ones that are in progress may continue, but no new ones may start as of now.

As of now, of the 20 spots in the zone, 3 are filled. Which means there are still 17 spots open to anyone who wants to enter the zone.
    Last edited by S_M; 27th April 2007 at 02:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Ruin Island
    One of the more interesting areas of the archipelago, Ruin Island is also the most mysterious. Giant stone statues and buildings, eroded by time, stand in the overgrowing vegetation of the area, providing a home to many Pokemon, especially those who prefer dark, enclosed spaces. Studies done by researches show that this island was once under water, or flooded, or something. At the very least, they have established that it is the oldest of the areas. An eerie feel of foreboding rushes over one the second they set forth on the land, provoking myths and legends...
    Oniero Ruins - Another of the strange ruins of the island, the Oniero Ruins are a series of large, white rocks placed in a circle around a black rock in the middle, which is said to have powerful properties if touched. However, as one enters the ring, they find themselves in a dreamlike state, making this a rather interesting part of the island.
    I'm allowed to post, right? >>

Getting off the Ferry which connected all the islands in the Cascadian Region, a friendly welcomed, "Welcome To Ruin Island - Where Endless Mysteries Await". With a young Slakoth slunk around his neck, the young trainer disembarked into new land. "Well well well, looks like this place is just the place to tickle our pickles, eh Delilah?" The Slakoth yawned, then muffled herself back into his sweater. "So little places, so much time. The place that caught my eye was the Oniero Ruins. That is why we'll be starting off there, then work our way around the island. Thats if things go as planned." Asking some crew members on the ferry which way was which, Matt found himself on the start of his exploration of Cascadia.
    FB:

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast