Cascadia's Recorded History - Page 7

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 343

Thread: Cascadia's Recorded History

  1. #91
    Crypt Lord Dark_Scizor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post
    Dark Scizor: Giving your orders to Rakdos to move the log, it nods, flying over to the log as the Growlithe happily sprints over to the fallen tree. Putting its head up against the tree, the Growlithe pushes on the tree as your Scizor does as well, slowly moving little by little before it rolls off of the Paras, who gives a weak cry of joy before making a painful wincing motion. The boy sighs, and walks over to the bug/grass type, pulling out a small, brightly colored bottle and spraying it over the Paras, who stares up at the boy. The boy murmurs something to the Paras, but you can't hear what it is. As the Growlithe looks on with a concerned look on its face, suddenly a flurry of white needles fly past your face, lodging in a nearby tree. Quickly whipping around, you see an Ariados looking with its piercing eyes directly at you, seemingly ready to strike for no reason.

    The boy looks up at the Ariados, and stares at it for a few moments. He then says to you, "You're going to need to take that thing down, I have to take care of this Paras. My Growlithe will help you - it's fully trained, I don't think that there are any moves that it would normally learn that it hasn't already. After you knock it out, I have a net in my pack, we can take it to the Red Forest, then." What will you do?
    Saturn wondered why the boy told him that he was going to need Growlithe. It was a fire type, strong against bugs, but his own Pokémon was resistant to most of the types and has an inmunity to poison. Perhaps he underestimated Ariados. Perhaps it was the devil in the form of a spider. In that case, even with the number and type advantage, it would be a difficult fight.

    "Growlithe, your trainer told me to use you to defeat Ariados so use your Helping Hand on Rakdos, my Scizor, to boost his power and then fire a Flamethrower at your foe. Rakdos, use Focus Energy followed by a Wing Attack on the enemy."

    Saturn wasn´t sure about Growlithe´s reaction but he knew that Rakdos wasn´t going to disappoint him. Afterall, the red bug was his starter Pokémon.
    Fizzy Bubbles



    Banner made by Joe

  2. #92
    perhaps a little blood... Nash MOMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SM
    Nash MOMO: You give your orders to Malkav, who nods, its eyes glowing a faint blue as it readies its assault on the mysterious opponent. However, after a few seconds, its eyes' glow fades, tilting its head to the side, confused as why its attack didn't work. After only a few moments, though, what its opponent is becomes clear as it dashes from the fog, its mouth filled with dark energy. The Mightyena clamps down onto Malkav's left arm, causing it to cry out in pain.

    As the Mightyena's grip loosens, Malkav suddenly disappears, reappearing behind the Mightyena and slamming into it with a full body tackle, causing it to stagger forward a few steps. The Mightyena turns around and makes to try to ram into the Banette, though it manages to move out of the way of the strike, causing the Mightyena to run past it, turning around with a look of annoyance dawning across its face. What will you do?
    "Ahhh!!! I'm getting fed up with this stupid duck" it knew ther weakness of y team to dark types... or perhaps it was just a coincidence", said Felix looking at his belt and all his pokeballs. "Okay, Braids your going to strike that dog as strong as you can. Begin chargin an Hyper Beam and when the Mightyena tries to strike you Teleport in behind it and launch the Beam". Braids nodded at Felix and glared at the Mighyena in a mad way.
    Last edited by Nash MOMO; 21st September 2006 at 07:25 AM.
    FB

    Thanks to Drayano for the Banner

  3. #93
    Registered User John's Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post
    John's Knight: Impressed by the Ursaring's performance in the battle so far, you decide that a defensive tactic will help you in your effort. Golem closes its eyes for a moment, causing the Ursaring to clench its teeth in anger, and it rushes toward the Golem, its claw glowing a cerulean blue as it smacks the Substitute across the head, what would have done good damage to the real Golem. Almost as though the attack never happened, the substitute immediately thrusts its fist into the Ursaring's stomach, the Rock Smash attack causing the Ursaring to roar in pain as the attack makes contact.

    Eyes filled with fury, the Ursaring's fist begins to glow a bright blue color as it pulls it back, quickly punching into the substitute with a fully powered Focus Punch attack. Almost immediately upon impact, the substitute shatters into many pieces which fade before they even touch the ground. The Ursaring's eyes grow large in a mixture of surprise and fury before it is struck in the back with several rocks which the real Forte had dislodged from the ground, which pound the normal type and cause some rather large bruises to form. Looking severely beaten, Ursaring could be taken out soon, but it looks like it's ready to rip out Forte's internal organs and then forcefeed them to it. How will you approach this situation?
    "Good, Forte!" John happily exclaims. "If we keep like that, it will end soon."
    Still, he knew that the Ursaring was very powerful, and he bet that all it wanted was to kill them. "We'll have to give it all now..." he thought.
    Turning to his Golem, he shouted "Forte! This will be risky for you, but it can work! First, shake it with a powerful Earthquake. Then, fire the ultimate attack Hyper Beam!" When he said that, the golem turned to his trainer, suspicious. That ultimate and devastating attack was never ordered by him. He couldn't let his trainer down. "Then," the trainer continued "quickly create a Sandstorm, to protect yourself, so you can regain some energy."
    Forte nodded.

  4. #94
    Bird Keeper Norkia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post

    quilava plush: Releasing your Farfetch'd, Ahiru, outside of the cage, it listens intently as you give your orders, nodding as it flaps its wings a few times and begins to scan the area. Your heart lifts as you hear a slight jingling and Ahiru reappears, the keys at the top of its stick. Taking them, you try them one by one until you manage to find the correct key to the lock, clicking as it opens up. You climb out of the cage, and three of the Pokemon quickly rush out, though the Nidoran F cautiously moves out of the cage, eyeing the area for apparent signs of trouble.

    Looking around, you find that the tent you are in is sort of a storage area - large, unmarked boxes are piled up all around you. You hear a strange, muffled noise behind you, turning around to see that the Nidoran M, Ledyba, and Paras had all fallen asleep on the ground, a pair of Gloom the culprits. They move to attack, small blue powder starting to come from their petals, but Nidoran F, who hadn't fallen asleep, quickly issues a Supersonic attack upon the two Gloom, causing them to become confused, each sending the other to sleep rather than you. Thinking "some guard," you turn to look at the other Pokemon, and see a Hypno glowing a bright purple as the energy from the sleeping Pokemon is drained into it. What will you do?

    The Hypno sapped the energy from the sleeping Pokemon, and Rivka stepped forward, knowing what she needed to do. She didn't want to start another ruckus, but if all else failed, she had to dispose of the psychic tapir quickly. "Ahiru, keep an eye on our Nidoran friend, and once I distract this Hypno, try to wake the others up and escort them to a safe place. Meanwhile, we'll fight this thing off." With the click of another Pokeball being expanded, Rivka expelled the bright red energy from the orb that soon materialized into her Noctowl, Kagami. With a low hoot, the owl instantly knew how his services were needed and stared the Hypno down. Rivka figured that the yellow monster's psychic affiliation could easily extract the tactics from her head, so she took no heed to whispering her commands and simply told the Noctowl in a soft voice. "Kagami, we need your skills to help us win this. Try to put it to sleep with your own Hypnosis so we can make a break for it, but if that fails then promptly create a Substitute and fire off a Shadow Ball."

  5. #95
    Arid trainer Rayzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Laverre
    Posts
    86

    Visit Rayzen's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post
    Centin: Giving your orders to Axtan, his eyes suddenly tint blue, a similarly colored aura surrounding the Machamp for a few seconds. However, before it can get a Night Shade attack off, the Machamp whips around, its right arms looking as though they are engulfed in purple flame as they swing into the Xatu, sending it flying to the left and causing its Night Shade attack to miss its target completely. Apparently unblinded, the Machamp stares the Xatu down, who looks to have taken quite a hit from the strike.

    The Machamp smirks at Axtan, before striking the ground with its left foot. A dome of the same strange purple energy surrounds Axtan, before the dome disappears from view. Wondering what the heck that was supposed to do, Axtan shakes its head, taking to the skies as it would give it an easier time avoiding attacks from the strange Machamp. The two Pokemon stare each other down, Machamp vs. Xatu, Axtan awaiting its next attacking orders.
    "To continue or not, to shake or not shake, mmm, the smell of the seas of the grass. What pleasantries, and here I am sampling this new anti-cancerious green tea. It is seemingly good for health," the xatu looked down towards its trainer, wondering what in blazes was he doing. "Hi Axtan, keep it up. You are doing fine," its trainer then slurped the liquid from the small teacup, then smiled at himself. "Xa, xa, xa," the xatu seems to be panting, as it has been on the air quite a while now. It needed to land, but was not sure whether to do so or not, as it was awaiting its trainer's next command. "Xa, xa....xa," the xatu seems to be floating downwards slowly, as well as avoiding the machamp slowly.

    The trainer probably didn't see his xatu, "I wonder what happens if I put this onto my hands, ooh, it would burn, would it not? That might be fun." "XA!!!" the xatu fell from the skies onto the ground and almost crashed onto its trainer's apparatus. Centin then looked at it, "Oh right, I completely forgotten about you. We were in a battle right?" The crashed xatu just layed down on the ground there. Its trainer then walked towards it, ignoring his apparatus and wanting to stroke that poor little xatu, "Then in that case, let's continue what we started out with. Teleport away then use night shade when it is safe, from a distance. After successfully launching one, fly. I guess you should fly should the next night shade fail too, no? But, you understand yes right?" The xatu stared its trainer in confusion, "Xa?". Centin then stared back at it, "Then mght I suggest to, um, improvise? I guess?" His xatu then turned back to continue the action.
    A place where I store stuff that I create. Ascension Drive. | Fizzy Bubbles

  6. #96
    Torka Torka Torka Torkoal Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England, Essex, Colchester!
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post
    Joe and Torkoal Stu: You give your orders to your Pokemon, who precede to attack the Arbok who nearly killed Stu, but was saved by the courageous Dunsparce, as well as the no killing people rule. As they move into action, now with Lily the Ludicolo fighting alongside Dunsparce, the Arbok glares them both down. As Lily allows Dunsparce to make the first attack on the Arbok this round, Dunsparce begins to glow a bright white as it lauches itself at its opponent, ready to strike with an Ancient Power attack. Arbok swiftly moves out of the way of the strike, only getting nipped on the side by the strike. Moving to the side rather disheartedly, the Dunsparce watches as Lily begins its assault on its opponent.

    Swiping the air with its left arm, several leaves fly from it toward the Arbok, who gets hit by the majority of them, but doesn't do all that much damage to the Arbok. Moving in for an attack for the first time, the Arbok opens its mouth wide, letting a flurry of needles fly toward Lily, who doesn't manage to dodge the attack and takes a pretty good hit from it. Nonetheless, Lily bounces back, rushing forward and swiping its hands across Arbok, though its lack of claws means that it doesn't do as much damage as it could of. Shrugging it off, Lily's right fist glows white as it punches into the Arbok, causing it to look around wildly, confused.

    Moving back into action, Dunsparce lunges at the Arbok again, attempting to Bite into it. However, Arbok easily dodges this strike, causing Dunsparce to fly past it. Quickly turning around to face Arbok, Dunsparce barely manages to dodge a flurry of needles from Poison Sting before it lunges into the air, giving a light tackle into Arbok's hood. Arbok still seems ready to fight, what will you do?
    *gets pushed in by Joe* ;.;

    The battle seemed to be dipping in their favour slightly more, but only when Joe and Stuart seemed to work together perfectly, in sync (not the band XD), harmoniously and cautiously, keeping that in mind Stuart then looked at the Arbok and gritted his teeth, however then he quickly shook it off. "Revenge is not the way to fight Stuart," he mumbled to himself as he looked over to Joe and Dunsparce who seemed content with their current performance, or maybe this was just in Stu's head. "I know, EXACTLY what to do now Joe, watch me!" he shouted while turning his hand into a fist then pushing it up in the air and then quickly bringing it down in front of him in a confident "I’m so going to teach you a lesson Arbok" way, Lily sort of let out an embarrassed yet sort of proud "Ludi", embarrassed at the display her trainer was making yet proud that she was apart of it.

    "Right, start things of with an Ice Punch, punch it into the ground, then while its on the floor keep it down with Razor Leaf and Water Gun," Stuart commanded, he knew that attacks Dunsparce had in its power, he just hoped Joe knew what to do next, because if not Lily, Dunsparce, Stu and Joe could all get seriously hurt in the aftermath.

  7. #97
    Joe
    Joe is offline
    The Incredible Homer!! Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect
    Joe and Torkoal Stu: You give your orders to your Pokemon, who precede to attack the Arbok who nearly killed Stu, but was saved by the courageous Dunsparce, as well as the no killing people rule. As they move into action, now with Lily the Ludicolo fighting alongside Dunsparce, the Arbok glares them both down. As Lily allows Dunsparce to make the first attack on the Arbok this round, Dunsparce begins to glow a bright white as it lauches itself at its opponent, ready to strike with an Ancient Power attack. Arbok swiftly moves out of the way of the strike, only getting nipped on the side by the strike. Moving to the side rather disheartedly, the Dunsparce watches as Lily begins its assault on its opponent.

    Swiping the air with its left arm, several leaves fly from it toward the Arbok, who gets hit by the majority of them, but doesn't do all that much damage to the Arbok. Moving in for an attack for the first time, the Arbok opens its mouth wide, letting a flurry of needles fly toward Lily, who doesn't manage to dodge the attack and takes a pretty good hit from it. Nonetheless, Lily bounces back, rushing forward and swiping its hands across Arbok, though its lack of claws means that it doesn't do as much damage as it could of. Shrugging it off, Lily's right fist glows white as it punches into the Arbok, causing it to look around wildly, confused.

    Moving back into action, Dunsparce lunges at the Arbok again, attempting to Bite into it. However, Arbok easily dodges this strike, causing Dunsparce to fly past it. Quickly turning around to face Arbok, Dunsparce barely manages to dodge a flurry of needles from Poison Sting before it lunges into the air, giving a light tackle into Arbok's hood. Arbok still seems ready to fight, what will you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
    *gets pushed in by Joe* ;.;

    The battle seemed to be dipping in their favour slightly more, but only when Joe and Stuart seemed to work together perfectly, in sync (not the band XD), harmoniously and cautiously, keeping that in mind Stuart then looked at the Arbok and gritted his teeth, however then he quickly shook it off. "Revenge is not the way to fight Stuart," he mumbled to himself as he looked over to Joe and Dunsparce who seemed content with their current performance, or maybe this was just in Stu's head. "I know, EXACTLY what to do now Joe, watch me!" he shouted while turning his hand into a fist then pushing it up in the air and then quickly bringing it down in front of him in a confident "I’m so going to teach you a lesson Arbok" way, Lily sort of let out an embarrassed yet sort of proud "Ludi", embarrassed at the display her trainer was making yet proud that she was apart of it.

    "Right, start things of with an Ice Punch, punch it into the ground, then while its on the floor keep it down with Razor Leaf and Water Gun," Stuart commanded, he knew that attacks Dunsparce had in its power, he just hoped Joe knew what to do next, because if not Lily, Dunsparce, Stu and Joe could all get seriously hurt in the aftermath.
    "...Okay then," said Joe awkwardly, as he wondered what the hell Stu wanted him to do. BUT WAIT! He had seen this before. IN A DREAM. But he couldn't remember what he ordered, if it worked or the outcome of the battle. "Meh. Dunsparce, let's start off by using a Water Pulse at the same time as Razor Leaf, but from a different angle, so as not to deter Lily's attack. Then, fire an Ice Beam at it at the same time as Water Gun, once again from a different angle. Finally, unleash your...HIDDEN POWER PSYCHIC!!! Roffle, kay, goez," he said, leaving Dunsparce with a bemused face, and Stu looked very confused. "Oh, and try not to die." Dunsparce gulped, and turned to Arbok, ready to attack.

    "Seriously, don't die."

  8. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post
    Ichimaru: Giving the Ralts your proposition, it looks at you strangely for a few seconds before it says to you telepathically in an excited voice, "Yes, let's!" As Yuna's arms immediately fall limply to its sides, the Ralts sighs before it looks at you, raising one of its hands to its chin as it begins to ponder its options. "I would like to play Hide and Seek, but that wouldn't be much fun at all, because I can use my psychic to find you. So that wouldn't be much fun...Unless you would like to find me? That would be fun, yes! What do you think of that?

    Or..." the Ralts continues, "We can play Tag! Tag is a fun game to play, I promise not to use my Psychic attack to make you not move if you want to play Tag!" Doing a backflip in midair, the Ralts then looks to you, wondering which of the two choices it had presented to you you will chose.
    Hiroshi had a dilemma on his hands. He was presented with 2 AWESOME games in which he had no idea why they were fun and had no way in picking which one to play. He was confuzzled and stuck. He then decided that playing tag would be more fun that playing hide and go seek because hide and go seek takes too much energy, which Hiroshi seemed to lack these days.

    "Alright, lets play tag! How about I let out the rest of my Pokemon to make the game even more fun, eh?"

    Hiroshi reached into his pockets and let out all his Pokemon: a Sneasel, a Golduck, a Combusken, a Zangoose, and a Phanpy. Yuna was already out.

    "Ok then! Now, to choose who is it..." Hiroshi decided to take a chance. "Hey Ralts, do you wanna choose who is it? That way, it can be fun for all of us!"

  9. #99
    Got You! thed3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post
    thed3: Dialing the number on the phone, you hold your breath as the phone begins to ring, sighing in relief as a woman's voice sounds in the receiver. "Hello?" she asks, in an almost frightened tone, "Can I help you?" You quickly begin to speak, telling the woman of the Totodile and the Marill and the strange, small red welt which had appeared on each of them. After you finish your summary, the woman's tone instantly changes to a grave, urgent one. "You didn't leave any of your Pokemon near the lake, did you?" Responding with a negative, the woman sighs in relief before she ends the call with a few words. "I am sending help immediately. DO NOT GO NEAR THE LAKE. An explanation of what is happening will be provided to you as soon as we can get there from our base on Brine Island."

    The woman hangs up the phone and ends the call. After a few minutes of waiting and scanning the seas, you finally see a small motorboat rushing toward the island, a Nurse Joy and a few other people both men and woman inside. They dock, and wasting no time they rush over to you. Nurse Joy, whose voice you recognize as the one on the phone, turns to you. "These Pokemon are in need of immediate care, and therefore I will need to attend to them immediately. Aaron will describe what's happening to the best of his ability." One of the men, with sandy blonde hair, roughly 5' 08", shrugs. The others all crowd into the elevator, and ascend to the top of the crater.

    "Now then..." he says in a friendly, conversational tone, "I wasn't ever much of a doctor, so they always have me do the explaining. Anywhere, where to start..." He looks up to the sky. "Every year about this time, Pokemon appear on the beach, writhing in inexplicable pain with small welts on their bodies. We haven't been able to figure out what causes this, but there are several theories that people have. The first, foremost, and that makes the most sense is that there is a rare breed of Tentacool which live in the lake, coming out this time of year. The Tentacool sting anything which come near them, the venom rushing through the Pokemon's body instantly. We haven't made a cure for this yet, and to do that, we would need the Tentacool to test it."

    The man sighs, and looks up at the sky again. "I think we should head up there, to see if they need any help. You in?"
    Hearing the man's explanation of what was happening still left Thed a bit puzzled. He asked himself why the other water pokemon didn't notice this pattern and just avoid the Tentacool for the period of time they were here? Why were the tentacool seemingly so vicious as to just attack anything within range? And why were these specific Tentacool's venom so potent? Thed didn't know the answers, but he was sure that he had to do something in order to help the pokemon. Thed then said solemnly, "Let's go then... There's no time to waste." "Papi!" his little Caterpie chirped aloud. While walking along with Aaron Thed clipped Magneto's Sphere of Seraphim Pokeball onto his board shorts just in case anything happened...

    Togisumase! Kemono No Yaiba!
    Hibike! Kemono No Sakebi!
    Tagire! Kemono No Chikara!
    Bisuto On! HA!

    FB | | PC | DT

  10. #100
    Registered User Skrutsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post
    Finally done.

    Skrusti and Joshua: Giving your orders to your Pokemon, they quickly nod and begin to move into action, seeing that both they and the Gyarados are beginning to wear out from the battle. As Hayley remains suspended motionless in midair, Tifa opens its mouth wide, a flurry of small green particles bursting forth and striking the Gyarados's hide, causing it to roar in pain as it quickly turns its attention from Hayley to Tifa. Hayley drops a few feet before it can regain control of its wings, circling back up to gain altitude. Opening its mouth, several Sludge Bombs begin to float through the air toward the Gyarados, who has its sights set on Tifa and Jamie, sending a gushing stream of water from its mouth in the form of a Hydro Pump at the pair, though they manage to dodge it in just the nick of time.

    The sludge bombs then make contact with the giant Gyarados, exploding across the back of its head. Turning around to face its attacker, it finds that it is nowhere to be found, having Faint Attacked behind its head, causing it to become slightly confused. However, Jamie begins to swim toward the Gyarados as electrical energy begins to gather in one of Tifa's fists, while one of Hayley's fists also begin to glow with crackling yellow electrical energy, both the signs of a Thunder Punch attack. As they move in toward the Gyarados, the Gyarados turns around to find its opponents but it is much too late for it to react, as both Hayley and Tifa unload their Punch attacks on the Gyarados, who roars in pain, shaking its head and gritting its teeth as the electricity courses through the water types body. It falls down into the water, and for a brief moment, it appears as though you had won. However, after a few seconds the Gyarados rises from the water again, looking extremely beaten, having only just Endured the attacks it had sustained. What will you do to finish it off?
    Jeff watched as the trio of Pokemon continued to attack the behemoth Gyarados, who roared in pain as the moves struck their marks again and again. Jeff was a little worried when the Gyarados used its Hydro Pump, but Jamie, and in essence Tifa, evaded the attack at the last second.

    Jeff let out a cheer as Tifa and Hayley assaulted the Gyarados with a double whammy of Thunderpunch, and as the two swam towards him, he thought of something to quickly put the giant down. Strategies raced in his head, and when the two arrived, he held up a hand to show he wasn't ready to give orders yet.

    "Right...that thing'll probably be dangerous to get close to, so let's stay away from it and barrage it from long range. Tifa, hit it with a few more Bullet Seeds, if you're able, Mega Drain." Tifa nodded, her breathing still light, not having done much this battle.

    "Jamie, concentrate on evading anything it might try to throw at you. Uh...Hit it with a Water Pulse or two if you get the chance. But your job firstly and foremost is to dodge, got it?"

    Jamie also nodded, and began to move slowly back towards Gyarados. Jeff looked on, hoping that most of the fight was out of this thing. He also wondered what had caused it to grow in size, and what had caused it to go so berserk...

  11. #101
    I'm Joshua on Serebii/UPN
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SM
    Skrusti and Joshua: Giving your orders to your Pokemon, they quickly nod and begin to move into action, seeing that both they and the Gyarados are beginning to wear out from the battle. As Hayley remains suspended motionless in midair, Tifa opens its mouth wide, a flurry of small green particles bursting forth and striking the Gyarados's hide, causing it to roar in pain as it quickly turns its attention from Hayley to Tifa. Hayley drops a few feet before it can regain control of its wings, circling back up to gain altitude. Opening its mouth, several Sludge Bombs begin to float through the air toward the Gyarados, who has its sights set on Tifa and Jamie, sending a gushing stream of water from its mouth in the form of a Hydro Pump at the pair, though they manage to dodge it in just the nick of time.

    The sludge bombs then make contact with the giant Gyarados, exploding across the back of its head. Turning around to face its attacker, it finds that it is nowhere to be found, having Faint Attacked behind its head, causing it to become slightly confused. However, Jamie begins to swim toward the Gyarados as electrical energy begins to gather in one of Tifa's fists, while one of Hayley's fists also begin to glow with crackling yellow electrical energy, both the signs of a Thunder Punch attack. As they move in toward the Gyarados, the Gyarados turns around to find its opponents but it is much too late for it to react, as both Hayley and Tifa unload their Punch attacks on the Gyarados, who roars in pain, shaking its head and gritting its teeth as the electricity courses through the water types body. It falls down into the water, and for a brief moment, it appears as though you had won. However, after a few seconds the Gyarados rises from the water again, looking extremely beaten, having only just Endured the attacks it had sustained. What will you do to finish it off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrutsi View Post
    Jeff watched as the trio of Pokemon continued to attack the behemoth Gyarados, who roared in pain as the moves struck their marks again and again. Jeff was a little worried when the Gyarados used its Hydro Pump, but Jamie, and in essence Tifa, evaded the attack at the last second.

    Jeff let out a cheer as Tifa and Hayley assaulted the Gyarados with a double whammy of Thunderpunch, and as the two swam towards him, he thought of something to quickly put the giant down. Strategies raced in his head, and when the two arrived, he held up a hand to show he wasn't ready to give orders yet.

    "Right...that thing'll probably be dangerous to get close to, so let's stay away from it and barrage it from long range. Tifa, hit it with a few more Bullet Seeds, if you're able, Mega Drain." Tifa nodded, her breathing still light, not having done much this battle.

    "Jamie, concentrate on evading anything it might try to throw at you. Uh...Hit it with a Water Pulse or two if you get the chance. But your job firstly and foremost is to dodge, got it?"

    Jamie also nodded, and began to move slowly back towards Gyarados. Jeff looked on, hoping that most of the fight was out of this thing. He also wondered what had caused it to grow in size, and what had caused it to go so berserk...
    Joshua watched as the Pokemon almost finished off the monstrous menace, and he waited patiently on Hayley's back as Jeff gave the orders to finish off the menace.

    Joshua's mind wandered, wondering what could drive a Pokemon to such extremes... and whether anything was controlling this menace. "Hayley dear," he whispered, "just in case Jeff's plan doesn't work, a Shock Wave after Jeff's done should be enough to end this."

  12. #102
    A lonely soul... Lonely Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wandering aimlessly...
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post
    Finally done.
    Lonely Wanderer: Deciding to head toward the middle tunnel rather than one of the other ones which showed no indication of anything interesting that lied within them. Ducking your head as you enter the tunnel, you find yourself in a room, smaller than the last one. You see a boy, no older than 15, with his Quilava, who appears to be using a barrage of different fire attacks against a Grimer, who winces in pain as the flames make contact with it. Sighing and realizing that the orange light, which had held so much promise for an adventure, was simply a Pokemon.

    The boy looks up at you for a second, before he shakes his head, ordering his Quilava to use a Flamethrower attack on the Grimer. Watching interestedly, you suddenly are surprised as a cold sensation is felt on the back of your leg. Quickly turning around in surprise, you see another Grimer, looking up at you interestedly. What will you do?
    As the 16-year-old female walked through the light, Andrea was met with a rather disappointing sight: a Pokémon battle between a wild Grimer and a boy's Quilava. Sighing, Andrea folded her arms, Karasa wimpering as she realized the illusion of light was only balls of fire that flickered in life for a few seconds.

    The young male did noticed the newcomer, but he didn't speak to the trainer, as he continued to give orders to his trusted companion. As Andrea observed the battle, she felt some cold liquid on the back of her leg, and spinning around, she found herself looking at another Grimer; luckily, this one didn't seem to want to battle anyhow at the moment. It cocked his head slightly, looking at the trainer interestly.

    "Um..." Andrea whispered, uncertain whenever to speak. But, deciding that it didn't pose much threat to her, she squated down, Karasa landing on her head as she made small noises to herself. "Hello there, Grimer. I'm Andrea."

    Feeling rather embarassing and weird, Andrea sighed as she glanced at the boy battling, before turning back to the Grimer. "Well, it was nice to meet you, young fellow, but I really don't have a purpose here, so I need to leave. Sorry."

    Getting back up, she started to exit out of the cave, looking back at the battle once more before making her way out, patting the Grimer on its head.

    ~Fizzy Bubbles~
    Hena - Mightyena - Female - Lv. 100
    Cryseye - Sableye - Female - Lv. 54
    Koro - Murkrow - Male - Lv. 25
    Karasa - Beautifly - Female - Lv. 25
    Aurora - Dewgong - Female - Lv. 50
    Daku - Nuzleaf - Male - Lv. 25
    Draci - Zubat - Female - Lv. 6
    Gypsy - Misdreavus - Female - Lv. 5
    Angel - Absol - Female - Lv. 11
    Lilac - Caterpie - Female - Lv. 6
    Derugo - Houndour - Male - Lv. 9

  13. #103
    Why go home? Dark Fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post
    Dark Fire: Giving your orders to your small fire fox Pokemon, it smirks, beginning to carry out its attacking orders only a moment later. Opening its mouth, the heat from flames causes the air to blur as several Embers are fired from its mouth at the Beedrill, who manages to dodge the attack as it begins to fly toward Drought, smacking it across the face with one of its needles, doing good damage to the fire fox, who cries out in pain as it staggers back a few feet. Realizing that Beedrill's Rage is building as its attacks land, the Vulpix moves quickly to attack again to hopefully finish off its opponent soon, before the Beedrill's attacks became even more powerful.

    Opening its mouth wide, a gust of superheated air rushes forth, aimed directly at the yellow and black bug. The Beedrill cries out in pain as the air rushes over its body, but it still holds on, quickly flying downward at Vulpix, ready to strike. Remembering your commands, Drought waits. The Beedrill swings its needle, striking Vulpix hard and sending it flying sideways a few feet, causing it to miss its attempted strike on Beedrill. What will you do?
    Although not as successful as Rayne hoped, Drought managed to damage the bee. This round he'd need to try something new. If the Beedrill wouldn't come close to Drought, Drought will force it closer to him.

    "Drought? Slight change of plans. Try using a Faint Attack on the Beedrill." He called out, keeping the insect in sight. "Follow up with Hypnosis. Assuming it falls asleep use Nightmare." Rayne concluded, hoping that the annoying Beedrill would finally give in.
    .: Team Dark Fire :.

    .: FB :.:.: PC :.:.: CC :.:.: TCG :.

  14. #104
    Registered User P/Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect View Post
    P/Arts: You push "Complete Registration" on the screen, and a loading screen comes up, a bar steadily filling with a green coloring from left to right. After the bar fills completely, the screen changes to the following:

    Thank you for completing your registration for the Brine Island Gym Challenge. There are currently 0 trainers in front of you in the queue to battle this gym leader. When the above counter reaches 0, please enter one of the elevators and exit at the field labelled Ruin Island Battling Field - Sub-Level 5. The Gym Leader has received notice and awaits your challenge.

    Scanning the area with your eyes, you see several elevators lined up against a far wall. Walking over to them, you push down arrow button and wait until one of the opaque doors of an elevator opens. Walking in, you wait in the empty elevator as it begins to sink downward, the light above the door switching from G to -1, -2, -3, -4, and finally -5. Stepping out of the elevator, you walk down a short hallway before you walk through a sliding door.

    Before you, a room you estimate at about 50ft x 50ft x75ft completely filled with a light fog stands. You make out a figure on the opposite end of the field and as the door shuts behind you, a harsh voice calls out to you, "I see that you are my only challenger as of now. Very interesting, though not surprising, as you are my first challenger in quite some time...But I digress. My name is Claire, and our battle shall be a 3 on 3 single one, with no switching allowed. I shall send out my Houndoom first." In a flash of light, the form of a Houndoom appears in the middle of the field. "Who shall you send out, then?"
    Taking a deep breath, James faced the Gym Leader, eyes narrowed and face set in a determined expression. He'd been waiting for this, his first badge, for a long time. One month ago, a traveller had faced James ina battle. Dangerous to everyone involved, violent, and overall the best battle he had ever had, James had to question what the other trainer had that made his pokemon so powerful. The opposing trainer had shrugged, and with wisdom before his years - about twenty, if James had to guess - he had answered. "When two people battle, it's the thrill of victory both want to get." A wistful look had appeared on the man's face. "When I was a Gym Leader, nothing was more exciting than a battle, every time a challenger came I'd do all I could to keep my badges... and that's what it came down to to me. Protecting my badge, my honor. It gave me a will to win, and I did - every battle, all the time. You want to know why you couldn't beat me?" The man had chuckled. "Experience. Get some. Face some other Gym Leaders, but if you ever want a rematch make a name for yourself. I'll seek you out."

    And since that day, James had trained twice as hard, fought with triple the will, and had begun to start winning. It was something he was unaccustomed to, but an incredible feeling came with it.

    And so, James wished to keep winning. And if taking down this Leader would get him one step closer to battling and defeating the trainer who had earned his respect, so be it.

    "Okay," James called, "Let's do this." In a flash, a pokeball has in his right hand, gripped tightly. He was tempted to send out Kodou, his golduck, but that took away the point of the battle... where was the rush in winning if the opponent had a handicap. He wanted a true battle, and so he would do his damnest to fight fairly. His magmar was a no, would absorb all fire attacks... his gengar, no, too high level... that left only his steel types. James grinned. So be it. "Necross, I choose you!"

    In a torrent of red energy, the pokeball flew from James' hand, flying into the middle of the arena, a huge snake began to emerge. Its body spiked, and its jaw enormous, it fit the description of only one pokemon: steelix.

    Type advantage, snorted James, what good's that when Necross is that big...

    The solemn faced steelix grunted for orders, his head crouched down, facing the houndoom straight on. James grimaced. No need to get distracted, he told himself.

    "Alright, start off by Slamming into the thing, then Binding it as fast as you can. Once you have it cornered and trapped, do a very close range Dragon Breath - focus it all on the houndoom... no need to be nervous."

    The last part was more to himself than anyone else. No need to let anyone know that, though...

    And so the battle began.

  15. #105
    S_M
    S_M is offline
    SM sez hi. :O
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guess.
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Waterlight and Jon Jen: You've been removed from the zone for not replying to 2 consecutive updates. Unless I've made a mistake, in which you're free to correct me.

    I apologize for the delay.

    Nash MOMO: Giving your orders to Braids, your Bannette(? - plz have a link to your regi in your sig), it nods, glaring at the Mightyena. Ready to prove that type isn't everything, Braids holds its hands, palm facing, a few inches apart, a glowing, spiralling orb of golden-orange energy beginning to form in midair. The Mightyena's eyes narrow, as it begins to sprint across the room, its mouth filled with potent dark energy as it begins to ready a Crunch attack. However, just as the Mightyena lunges for its prey, the ghost type suddenly disappears from view, reappearing behind the dark dog of doom and unleashing its full destructive power, the Hyper Beam attack sending the Mightyena forward into a stone wall.

    Striking it hard, the Mightyena falls to the floor. It shakily gets up, turning to face the Banette with a renewed hatred, its red eyes becoming more intense as the dog's mouth opens wide, a crackling ball of black-purple energy forming and flying across the room, the Shadow Ball missing Banette by only a few inches. Banette appears to be extremely tired after that first round - will that affect your battle strategy?


    Ichimaru: Sending out the rest of your Pokemon as you give the Ralts your choice, it does a somersault in midair as it shouts out gleefully, "I'll be it!"

    Before it has the chance to utter another word, however, things go terribly wrong. Bounding of seemingly nowhere comes a huge Mightyena, almost double the size of a normal one. It lunges forward, sinking its teeth deep into the Ralts before it turns and walks back the way it came, dropping the Ralts at the feet of a large man who seems to have appeared out of nowhere, just like the Mightyena. Most of his body is shrouded in shadows - you can't make out any features or anything. The Ralts can only telepathically send one word to you before the man throws a jet black Pokeball at it, "Help." As the ball strikes the weakened Ralts who had seemingly been taking out by the single attack by Mightyena, the psychic type is transformed into black energy before being sucked in, retreating to the man.

    He stands there for a moment, simply staring at you. You can't help but feel as though he is looking through you, into you, reading your thoughts. A small smile comes to the man's face as you stand there, and he says to you in a harsh voice, "Yes, let's see how powerful you are against the powers of darkness." He throws the ball onto the ground, and what comes out is nothing like what went in to the ball seconds before.

    The Ralt's eyes are a bright crimson, the blue energy that had surrounded it now red as well. The white parts of its body have been changed to a smoky gray, the lime green turned to a deep green color, darkening in shade. The man then turns to you, "Well, which of those do you intend to use?" as he gestures to your Pokemon.


    Jerichi: You give orders to Smokestack, who nods as it begins to carry out its attacking orders. It points its head upwards, sending a beam of bright orange energy skyward, causing the clouds to clear and the sun to shine brightly. In the mean time, however, a crackling, spiralling beam of ghost energy forms in front of Haunter, sending the half-charged Shadow Ball at Smokestack as the Sunny Day finishes. The ball explodes upon contact, doing good damage to the fire type Pokemon. Shrugging it off, Smokestack opens its mouth wide, sending another stream of flames outward that wrap around Haunter in the form of a vortex. After a few seconds, the flames fade away into nothingness, and the Haunter looks homicidally onto Smokestack. Haunter's eyes turn a smoky gray as it uses another attack, cutting its HP as it places a Curse onto Smokestack, who is completely defenseless against the telekinetic-esque attack with its Endure attack. Seems as though you don't have as long as you'd like to finish the battle as the Curse is robbing Smokestack of its health and energy, but Haunter did sacrifice a lot of health and energy - perhaps that could be a ray of hope in your situation?

    John's Knight: You give your orders to Forte, who nods, ready to take down its opponent, before it has a chance to do anything to it. Forte glows with sandy-brown ground energy as it jumps into the air, coming down on the ground, sending shockwaves through the ground. The ground violently shakes as the Ursaring loses its footing, falling to the ground with a thud. Its eyes narrowing again, the Ursaring's fist glows a bright cerulean as it sprints across the ground, slamming its fist into the rock/ground type and doing good damage with its Ice Punch attack. Taking the hit, Forte clinches its teeth, enduring the super effective strike. As the attack ends, Forte's mouth opens wide, a spiralling orb of golden-orange energy beginning to form, quickly spawning a devestating beam which races across the field, striking into Ursaring with a violent amount of force, sending it staggering backwards several feet before slamming into a tree.

    The Ursaring falls forward, taking one last look of hatred at you and Forte, before closing its eyes on the battle, having been defeated. Level up for Forte! Now, what will you do? Will you continue to explore the area? Or will you attempt to find a way to one of the other islands of the Cascadia archipelago?


    Lonely Wanderer: Disappointed after the uneventful first attempt to find something interesting, you walk back out of the tunnel, back to the main room where the tunnels had gone their different ways. However, as soon as you step out of the tunnel, you hear a shriek of pain coming from in front of you. You run forward and through the dim light of the tunnel, you see a Taillow shaking in fear as a large Seviper stares down on it, looking to have every intention of sinking its teeth into the small bird for its dinner. Seeing you appear behind it, the Taillow quickly jets up into the air, perching on your shoulder as it looks at you with pleading eyes to help it. The Seviper, on the other hand, doesn't look to concerned about your presence, begins to circle you, as if pondering the best way to get at the Taillow. What will you do?

    thed3:You and your Caterpie enter the elevator with Aaron, before it ascends to the top of the crater, turning around and showing the lake. However, it already looked as though it had changed drastically in the few moments in which you were gone. Many more Pokemon lie on the beach, being tended to by the Nurse Joy and the assistants that she brought with her. You and Aaron begin to help them transport the Pokemon, putting them onto stretchers which are connected to several Pidgeot and Swellow, which lift the Pokemon off the beach and disappear into the distance, where it would be assumed a medical facility was located.

    After a bit of this, the elevator behind you whirred into life as it opens, a tall, older man with white hair walking out. Nurse Joy rushes over to him as soon as she spots him, and quickly says, "It's happening again." A grave look comes over his face as his fears are proven true, looking to the ground before looking back at the water, a look of confidence coming over him. "I want you to get a the Hydros team in there, search every little bit possible. Then if you're able to find a specimen, have it transported to me immediately by the one who captures it - these are fragile creatures, if they were to touch the side of a container, they would die."

    Nurse Joy nods, walking over to one of the walls of the crater near a small building, and putting her hand on a button, causing the rock wall to open a small bit, revealing a Pokemon transport device. She quickly begins to type, and several Pokeballs appear, which she tosses onto the beach, each opening to reveal a Golduck. They quickly go into action, holding their left arms out as their eyes glow blue, the water quickly rising in front of each of them and turning into a midair stream of water, which comes to a few inches in front of each of their faces before the water does a U-turn, returning to the lake in an endless cycle.

    The man seems to just notice you now, coming over to you, saying, "Hydrokinesis...what a powerful thing. But no, that's not the point at the moment. I'm Dr. Rapson of the Hedland Research Center on Brine Island. We study the rare and elusive Irondi Tentacool as our main focus. They are no larger than a fingernail, but their venom can be deadly if not treated. No one's ever been able to capture one in order to create an antidote...but we may be lucky this time.

    Just as he says this, one of the Golduck call out. Rushing over to it, the man shouts, "Yes, we've found one!" He turns to you, saying "I have to get this back to the lab immediately. Would you like to come with me, or would you rather stay here?


    Alilatias: You give your Pokemon their orders, and they give responses of recognition before they move into action. Falzter begins to use Focus Energy, and the other two Swellow mimic his actions, also using Focus Energy. As Faltzer begins to form a ball of glowing purple ghost energy in front of it, the other two Swellow nod to each other, figuring that the situation is under control with the Electabuzz, and they both begin a sky dive, directly at Magcargo. Saito begins to twirl around on its left foot, beginning to raise its attack and speed, the Swords Dance probably being a good idea against the opponent Magcargo, who needs to be dealt with swiftly to prevent any more damage being done.

    Faltzer ends its charging, and releases the Shadow Ball against the Electabuzz, whose prongs had began to glow with electrical energy, facing the two wild Swellow. Completely unsuspecting, it is hit hard in the left side by the Shadow Ball, and it is lifted from its feet, being thrown into a nearby tree as it faints. Level up for Faltzer. As the four Pokemon now begin their assault on the single opponent. The man stares at you, and says "Why this isn't really fair, is it?" He sighs, before he holds out his hand, stepping in front of the magma Pokemon, shaking his head. "I accept defeat. However, I must warn you, we will be back. That amulet is ours."

    The man turns around, recalling his Electabuzz and Magcargo. He disappears into the forest. Looking around, you see the two Swellow and Faltzer making sure that the others are all right, before Faltzer retreats to your shoulder. What will you do?


    Centin: You give your orders to Axtan, who nods as it continues its assault against the Machamp. It disappears in a flash of light, reappearing about 10 feet above the Machamp's head in the air. The Machamp looks upward as Axtan's eyes crackle with ghost energy, a dual attack descending upon the Machamp, who nimbly dodges the attack before opening its mouth wide, a stream of flame rushing forth and striking the psychic bird, doing a decent amount of damage upon contact, and slightly scorching Axtan. Recovering quickly, Axtan flies upwards before it begins a dive-bomb, smacking into the powerful fighting type before it has a chance to react, and doing a very good amount of damage. The Machamp glares at you and Axtan as the round of battle draws to a close, looking tired as though another powerful hit such as that could take it out easily. What will you do?

    Dark Fire: Continuing your assault on the Beedrill, you decide to change your strategy in hope that this battle will end faster. Vulpix becomes covered in a black aura before it jets forward, striking into the Beedrill quickly before it has a chance to dodge. Before Beedrill has a chance to begin an attack, Drought's eyes glow blue, hypnotic waves rushing over Beedrill, and forcing it to fall asleep into a deep slumber...

    Wishing the Beedrill all the worst, Drought closes its eyes for a few moments before the Beedrill violently shudders. Drought smiles evilly as the Nightmare takes effect, beginning to drain the opponent bug's energy, leaving it looking in a rather poor shape...What will you do now?


    Dark Scizor: You give your orders to the Growlithe and to Rakdos. They both nod before they move into action in order to carry out their attacks. The Growlithe begins to glow yellow as it transfers attacking power to Rakdos, whose coat glints in its newfound power. Raising its power even more, Rakdos begins to focus its energy, closing its eyes as it commences the attack. In the meantime, Ariados's eyes glow blue as the leaves on the ground between you and it begin to quickly rush toward you as a tidal wave of Psychic force rushes over Rakdos and Growlithe, who are both sent backward a few feet as the attack hits them. Growlithe opens its mouth, a burst of flame rushing outward toward Ariados, who quickly moves into action, using a burst of Agility to dodge the attack, the Flamethrower hitting a tree which bursts into flame.

    Rakdos, done focusing its energy, begins to fly toward the Ariados to strike it, prepared to use its Wing Attack. However, the Ariados spits a sticky white thread from its mouth, wrapping up Rakdos in a Spider Web, falling to the ground as it attempts to rid its body of the sticky webbing which covers its wings. The Ariados has proven itself a formidible foe with only one round of battle - what will you do?


    quilava plush: You give your orders to your Noctowl, who nods as it begin hovers in place for a few seconds as the Hypno turns toward you. The draining of the sleeping Pokemon halts as it turns toward you, glaring as it prepares for battle. As Kagami sends a series of Hypnotic waves Hypno's way in its Hypnosis attack, the Hypno reacts quickly, waving its arm in front of it as an opaque golden shield appears in front of it as its eyes begin to glow a deep gold color, shielding its eyes and breaking eye contact. The shield fades with the attack, and Hypno's eyes again turn the deep golden color as it punches the ground with its fist, large, golden needles of energy rising from the ground. Kagami avoids them easily before it sits in place for a few seconds, using its Substitute attack.

    Its eyes set on the Substitute which Kagami had just made, the Hypno's eyes turn the odd color once again as it holds its hands a few inches apart, a ball of golden energy forming which flies across the field into the Substitute. The ball explodes with an amazing amount of force upon contact, causing the Sub to be shredded to pieces, falling to the ground before disappearing. A smirk appearing on the psychic type's face, you return it as Kagami sends a fully powered Shadow Ball its way, smacking it in the back of the head as it explodes with its super effective fury, sending Hypno flying face first forward a good bit. It rises to its feet rather shakily. It seems as though this Hypno is not like a normal one. The whole golden energy thing is defintely different, while it hasn't used any of the Pokemon's normal Psychic type attacks. What will you do?


    Torkoal Stu and Joe: You each give your orders to your Pokemon, hoping to be able to take down this opposing Arbok as quickly as you possibly can. Lily attacks first, its right fist glowing a bright cerulean as it punches into the Arbok, ice beginning to crystallize in the area of the strike. Glaring at the grass/water type, Arbok's mouth opens wide, a series of small white needles rushing forth and striking Lily, doing rather good damage with the Poison Sting attack. Not to be deterred, Lily shakes its head, several Razor Leaves bursting free and flying at Arbok at the same time when Joe's Dunsparce joins the action, sending a Water Pulse attack at the snake. Both attacks manage to hit the poison type, doing good damage, and putting it on its last figurative legs.

    Lily and Dunsparce then begin to carry out their next orders, Water Gun and Ice Beam respectively. Lily sends the high pressured stream of water at the snake at the same time that Dunsparce creates a crackling ball of ice energy which spawns a slightly erratic beam, both with Arbok in their crosshares. However, the Arbok still has some life in it, quickly burrowing into the ground with a Dig attack, causing both attacks to create a pillar of ice where Arbok was seconds before. Knowing that all that your Pokemon could do was wait, you hold your breath before the Arbok surfaces, smacking into Dunsparce rather hard. However, Dunsparce reacts quickly, its eyes glowing magenta as several waves of psychic energy rush across the field, striking Arbok and sending it flying back into a tree. The Arbok feebly attempts to get up, but it falls to the ground again, KOed. Level up for Lily and Dunsparce.

    What will you do now? Continue to search the forest and the dangers that it holds, or head somewhere else?


    P/Arts: You send out Necross, your Steelix, who towers over the gym leader's Houndoom, but it hardly looks intimidated as the two Pokemon stare at each other, ready for orders and the chance to cause bodily harm. As you give your orders, Claire shouts out to Houndoom, "Ah, we shall see. Houndoom, use your Faint Attack to dodge the Bind attack, and deliver your most powerful Flamethrower to the Steelix's back. Shroud yourself in a Smokescreen to dodge the Dragonbreath!"

    Both Pokemon quickly move into action. Steelix lunges forward with its tail, attempting to constrict the Houndoom's motion, though Houndoom reacts faster. A black aura surrounds it as it disappears, reappearing behind the Steelix. Wasting no time, Houndoom's jaws open to reveal a brilliant orange and red glow which travels across the short distance between the two Pokemon quickly, the Flamethrower rushing over the Steelix's back quickly before the flames fade away, having taken a toll on the goliath Pokemon. Not to be deterred, Steelix turns around quickly, ready for vengeance. It opens its mouth, a greenish blue stream of dragon flame bursting forth, crossing the field quickly as Houndoom's mouth lets loose a Smokescreen, filling the area around the fire type. Steelix's attack penetrates the ash colored smoke, though it would appear as though Houndour managed to make a last second dodge of the attack.

    Claire then shouts out, "An interesting first round, no? Nonetheless, Houndour, I want you to use your Will-O-Wisp when you have a chance, followed by another quick Flamethrower attack!" How will you react?


    Faiyaa: You give your orders to Scurvy for the second round of battle. Scurvy nods and immediately stops flailing around, a red aura consuming it as the Rattata's eyes grow wide, being flung across the room into a wall. Not wasting a second, Scurvy turns to face its opponent, its eyes glowing yellow as it sends a flurry of small, writhing electrical tendrils across the room, entangling the Rattata. After a few moments, the Rattata quits attempting to break free of the hold, frozen in place by the Thunder Wave attack's paralyzing effect. Smirking, Scurvy becomes covered in a smoky gray aura, bursting forward and striking the opponent Rattata, before five more shadows appear in midair, strike, and then disappear. However, it would appear the attacks, while doing good damage to the small rat Pokemon, also knocked it out of its paralysis. The small rat darts between several places on the wooden floor, 3 more Rattata appearing to join the original in a Double Team attack. Rattata seems to have taken a good amount of damage this round, but it can still go on. What will you do?

    Joshua and Skrusti: You give your orders to your Pokemon to try to finish this battle off as soon as you can. Tifa begins to attack first, sending a barrage of glowing green grass particles in the form of a Bullet Seed toward the opposing menace, who roars in pain as the barrage strikes it in the side. Before it even has a chance to recover from the strike, Tifa's eyes glow a bright green, draining health and energy from the opposing Gyarados, who once again roars in pain, though it isn't able to do a single thing about it. Ready to end the battle, Hayley's mouth glows with sparkling yellow particles as they fly across the field, the Shock Wave smashing into Gyarados, the electricity being carried throughout the water type's body and frying it from the inside out. It falls into the depths of the sea as the attack ends, having been defeated. Level up for Tifa, Jamie, and Hayley.

    Now what will you do? Will you attempt to further investigate the Gyarados by diving deep beneath, or will you attempt to go back to your original plans, heading to the shipwreck?

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •