Cascadia's Recorded History - Page 5

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 343

Thread: Cascadia's Recorded History

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect

    Ichimaru: Giving your response to the floating arm, it sits in midair for a few moments before it bursts into flame. A childish voice telepathically then exclaims, "You're no fun!" in a whiny tone. Turning around to see from where the voice came, you see a Ralts floating in midair with a green aura around it. "No, no fun at all. But we have to have fun, don't we?" Giggling, the Ralts gestures to your bag, which instantly opens and a series of 3 empty Pokeballs fly out. Now fully laughing, the Ralts then gestures to you, and the three Pokeballs all fly toward yourself, hitting you in the head before you can manage to even move. "Now this is fun. Maybe you should let our your Pokemon and I can have fun with them!" The Ralts does a somersault in midair, and smiles at you. What will you do?
    OOC: Sorry for short and crappy replies. :/

    Hiroshi stood in amazement as the arm combusted and a Ralts stood in its place. The Ralts communicated its thoughts telepathically enabling Hiroshi to understand it. The Ralts had an unusually whiny voice, similar to a child and began to complain about Hiroshi's actions. In response to the yelling, the Ralts pelted Hiroshi's head with his own Pokeballs. Unable to do anything, Hiroshi's anger started to stack.

    "Fun you say? Ok, lets have fun. Lets go Yuna!!" An algae green Sceptile burst from her pokeball. She stood tall, well above the Ralts, and seemed calm. Yuna showed no expression at all upon the situation. "Yuna, start with a Pursuit, then when your at close range, Leaf Blade!" The Ralts giggled, annoying Hiroshi even more so. "GOGO YUNA!"

    The Sceptile ignored her trainer and jumped to action.

  2. #62
    Crypt Lord Dark_Scizor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect
    Dark Scizor: Attempting to pull the webbing off of the boy to free him, you eventually do manage to separate him from the tree, though a vast amount of webbing still remains on his clothing. The boy sighs, before he sits down on the ground, looking up into the sky, a worried expression beginning to form on his face. "I caught an Spinarak, in the Red Forest, you know? Well, I crossed the river and came to this side to try to get some training in, but as soon as I let it out of its Pokeball, it evolved, and then sorta freaked, it used Night Shade to push me into a tree and then used String Shot..." Gulping, he continues. "And it's still out there. That thing is a monster, we have to stop it. Else, I'm afraid that the havoc it could reak in this forest, the more docile one, could be irrerversable." Standing up, he begins to walk away from you, but after only a few seconds, he turns to you, and asks, "Unless you'd like to help as well?" What will you do?
    Saturn thought for a while. He avoided the Red Forets because of the dangerous Pokémon. He was asked to find a dangerous Pokémon but if he rejected, the dangerous Pokémon might find him so perhaps the better option was to don´t be alone. He finally gave his answer to the trainer.

    "OK, I am going to help you to protect the forest. I suppose that the plan is finding the monster so you can return it back to its ball. Obviously, it is going to resist so we should release our Pokémon to fight it first."

    While he was waiting for the guy´s answer, Saturn wondered what kind of Pokémon he would use against the Ariados. Most of his bugs were busy at the moment so it was a difficult decision.
    Fizzy Bubbles



    Banner made by Joe

  3. #63
    S_M
    S_M is offline
    SM sez hi. :O
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guess.
    Posts
    292

    Default

    NOTE: If a person who hasn't replied since my first set of updates on June 14th doesn't reply to it by my next set of updates, their adventure will be put into storage and their spot in Cascadia will be given to another person (always at 25.) You can then continue your adventure at a later date if a spot opens up. Basically, if you don't reply to 3 consecutive updates, your adventure is put on hold.

    The following people have not replied since my first set: P/Arts, Shinjara & Sasuke, Lonely Wanderer, Wayne
    If I made a mistake, please correct me.

    Btw, I know some of you haven't replied, but you've had two weeks and I'd like to get these posted. *shrug* I hope to update more regularly anyway, so yeah.

    Aduro Island

    Octazooka: Giving your orders to your recently evolved Quagsire, it rushes to begin. Sucking in a large quanity of air, it sends it at Flygon the form of an Icy Wind, a quadrupally effective move against the ground dragon. Not able to dodge in time, the Flygon takes the full brunt of the attack, chilling it considerably. This only increases Flygon's rage, however, as it flies forth, ready to hit Quagsire at less than full speed. Quagsire meets Flygon's Double Edge attack with Slam, causing both of them to take good damage and fall back a few feet. Glaring at the salamanderlike Pokemon, Flygon begins to beat its wings, causing the black sand to rise from the ground and start a sandstorm, inside which the visibility is next to nil. However, before the visibility is reduced completely, you see a glowing white fist of Quagsire's strike Flygon, doing seemingly decent damage. What will you do now?


    Lily Island

    Alilatias: Faltzer is given his orders, and though he hesitates a bit as to not being able to directly strike and peck its brains out, Faltzer closes its eyes and begins to focus on the task at hand. Meanwhile, the other two Swellow just sort of flap in midair for a few seconds before they fly directly at Electabuzz, who lets the electricity it was charging flow from itself to the left Swellow, who makes no attempt to dodge the attack. The electricity engulfs the bird and it falls to the ground. However, Electabuzz is severly caught off guard as suddenly it is struck from behind by a Swellow. Confused as to where the apparent fourth Swellow came, you soon realize that Electabuzz had struck a Substitute rather than the real Swellow. Taking the opportunity, Faltzer and the other Substitute quickly strike as well.

    A trail of white tailing both Pokemon, the two Swellow quickly strike Electabuzz at once, knocking it back several feet with the combined force of the attacks. The other two Swellow then begin to glow a bright white, charging up what you realize as Sky Attack. Electabuzz looks between them, as to pick who to attack, before it looks directly at Faltzer, and sends a series of small sparks at it in a Shock Wave attack. Faltzer barely manages to dodge it as it flies into the air. The man glares at you, and then stares at Saito, smiling. "3 on one isn't very fair, now is it?" Pulling out a Pokeball, he throws it onto the ground, the shape of a Magcargo appearing. However, in the meanwhile, the Swellow finish charging their attacks, and both fly at the Electabuzz, striking it headon with the power of two Sky attacks, though the resistance Electabuzz has halves the damage. Taking the chance now, Faltzer opens its beak, a stream of bluegreen mist flying forth and hitting Electabuzz, who doesn't seem to have been paralyzed. It seems as though the man lets his Pokemon do whatever they do, rather than give them orders. What will you do?

    Torkoal Stu and Joe: No offense to Dunsparce, but this battle will drag on forever if you don't each use a Pokemon. ._.;
    Dunsparce curls up again and begins to roll around Arbok, quickly uncurling and sinking its teeth into the cobra's tail. Arbok raises its tail into the air, bringing it and Dunsparce down hard onto the ground and slightly shaking off Dunsparce who loses its grip. Falling to the ground, Dunsparce decides to improvise, throwing itself up onto Arbok's chestlike area, hitting it rather hard. Arbok shakes its head as it gets back to its figurative feet, the Headbutt attack causing it to flinch. Taking the opportunity for an attack of its own, Dunsparce again jets from the ground to deal a light tackle to Arbok's face, doing slight damage but damage nonetheless. Arbok glares at the small...whatever Dunsparce is, and its fangs begin to turn a deep purple color as it prepares a Poison Fang. Responding to its orders, Lily quite literally jumps into action, standing beside Dunsparce and raising a faint golden dome around them both. Arbok lunges forward with its Poison Fangs of doom, slightly buffeted at the dome and losing power as it bites into Dunsparce, doing half the damage it would normally do. What will you do?

    quilava plush: The four Pokemon stare at you for a few seconds, before nodding. The male Nidoran then begins to run toward Paras, who raises one of its claws in mock defense. The Ledyba then moves in front of the Nidoran, signalling for it to stop. In this crude form of charades, you realize that Celebii protects the forest, though such an assumption could have already been made. The Pokemon again move into action, as the Nidoran M again moves first, slashing the air in front of it with a claw, and the Paras tips over to the left, almost comically, and then Ledyba comes over and slaps the Nidoran M across the face, extremely lightly. After a few seconds, you realize that the people cutting down the trees are attempting to lure Celebii out, and the toothpicks are merely a byproduct by which the organization can make money.

    You then notice the Nidoran F, who had been totally quiet during the entire "conversation." Turned away from you and staring at the bars, it suddenly moves, kicking the iron bar directly in front of it twice with no results. This makes you realize that you're going to need to escape from this if you're going to be saving anything, so what will you do?

    Centin: Turning tail and running away from the Machamp, you quickly realize that that wouldn't exactly be the best course of action. Ordering your Xatu its attacks, it nods before it hovers toward the Machamp. Closing your eyes as Xatu begins to glow a bright white, you open them to see the Machamp standing 10 feet from you and Xatu, looking around blindly. Xatu again glows white, but this time, it disappears from view, appearing behind Machamp a split second later. Looking around wildly, Machamp eventually decides to strike, a purple aura appearing around it as it runs straight...into a tree. The tree is sent flying quite a few feet before it falls back to the ground. Xatu then moves in to strike, beginning to Peck at the Machamp's back and shoulder blades. Machamp roars in pain as it tries to grab hold of the psychic bird, but can't manage to as Xatu moves back away from the menacing fighting type. Relentless, Machamp's fist turns purple as it slams the ground, causing needles of purple energy to raise from the ground near Axtan, who manages to dodge the full brunt of the attack, but it still takes a bit of damage. What will you do?

    Dark Scizor: The boy looks at you for a few seconds, before he pulls out a Pokeball. "Go, Growlithe!" he exclaims as he tosses the ball onto the ground. The ball pops open, revealing a white light which quickly takes the form of a Growlithe. "Now then," he says, looking around, "Ariados went that way..." Indicating his left. Beginning to walk, you follow him, his Growlithe in the lead. After a bit of walking, the Growlithe stops. The boy gasps, as do you when you see a tree toppled over on a a Paras, who looks at you with wide, pleading eyes. Inspecting the tree's roots, you see that they had been eaten away by a powerful poison, such as Toxic. The boy says to you, "We're going to need to move this tree, and we'll need as much force as we can get. Growlithe, you use a Strength as a combination with whatever Pokemon he sends out, ok?" The Growlithe grunts, and waits for you to send out your Pokemon. What will you do?


    Ruin Island

    Timeless River: You order Crysta, who responds with a nod, showing that it understands as it prepares itself to fight against the prankster. Haunter's laughing ceases as it watches the Quagsire's fist glow a bright white color as energy charges into it for an Ancientpower. Haunter looks at it strangely for a second, before it begins to scratch its head as to be thinking of what to do. After only a few seconds, a figurative lightbulb appears over the Haunter's head. As Quagsire runs forward to strike, a smoky material wraps around Haunter's right fist, which flies from its body and meets Crysta's fist in midair, cancelling both attacks out. Not wasting any time, Crysta prepares a mass of mud in its both before it lets it fly, the Mud Shot flying right at Haunter, who just sits there, looking quite bored as the ball of mud approaches it.

    The Mud Shot flies right through Haunter's etheral form, much to the dismay of Crysta, who glares at Haunter, before it closes its eyes, using Amnesia to raise its defenses. Haunter also closes its eyes, every few seconds slightly opening one to see what Crysta is doing. It would appear as though Haunter is merely interested in copying your moves, rather than thinking of its own. What will you do?

    Bloody Banette: Giving your answer to the Golduck, it stares at you for a few moments before it begins to contact you telepathically again. "This is the problem with mortals, they have no idea what they do. 'Oooh, let's explore the temple!' they say, not knowing that they are disturbing sacred grounds. They get away with it, yes, as the other guardians do nothing to the others, they let them be. But no, not this time. You will be held responsible for your actions..."

    The Golduck then again raises its hands, and the water from the hole in the wall above suddenly bursts out at a direct angle for you. The huge mass of water never reaches you, however, as it stays in midair a few feet away from your face, with Golduck's palms both held out to you. He then reaches you telepathically again. "Actually, this would be no fair fight, I would win in only a few seconds. Therefore, I won't be attacking you...But you won't know what will." With these words, Golduck slices the air in front of it with one of his arms, and the ball of water instantly turns into steam, which fills the room and spreads to the rooms behind you. "Good luck surviving." Golduck says in an amused fashion, and that's the last you hear from it. However, at this precise moment, behind you you hear a roar, and you turn to see a pair of red eyes looking back at you. What will you do?

    Jon Jen: Not quite sure if you understood my update, the Typhlosion and the girl are in a pit, and the Typhlosion is the light. You know, with the flames and all? :P
    You and your Pokemon move into action, sliding down the side of the pit in order to assist the girl. Upon seeing you and your Pokemon, the Typhlosion roars extremely loudly before opening its mouth wide, a stream of flames rushing forth. Both of you manage to dodge the strike which leaves the stone walls of the pit charred. Your Ludicolo reacts quickly, opening its mouth wide, a gushing stream of water bursting forth and striking Typhlosion in the chest, causing it to roar in pain and focus solely on Tarou. It begins to run toward the Ludicolo as you make your way to the girl, who you see to be at the age of about 12. Shaking her to try to get her to wake up, you are suddenly caught off guard by Tarou's cry for help, looking around to see Typhlosion's massive teeth sinking into Tarou's arm. Tarou moves quickly to try to get the beast off of it, sending another blast of Water Gun at it and striking it point blank in the face.

    The Typhlosioin roars in pain again and loosens its grip, but not before a large wound had been created. Going into action again, Ludicolo's arms begin to glow white as from them a large quantity of orange spores erupt, the Nature Power having turned into Stun Spore. Typhlosion isn't able to move out of the way, and breathes in the spores, freezing it in place. The girl, however, begins to move, and you watch her as her eyes begin to open. "followed orange light...fell...pit...it attacked...everything went black..." What will you do?

    Ichimaru: You give your orders to Sceptile, who jumps into action. The Ralts sounds whiny again as she exclaims, "Aww, I thought you were going to release a cute Pokemon! Not that thing! Get it away!" As Ralts flicks its hand upward using its psychic power, Sceptile moves into action as well, a veil of dark energy covering it. Ralts looks at it with a look of surprise, exclaiming, "Why won't you play with me?" Sceptile finishes it attack, jetting forth and ramming Ralts, who falls out of the air. "You're a big meanie!" it shouts as Sceptile's leaves on its arms all join into one large glowing scythe, which it brings down on the Ralts. Ralts is hit by the Leaf Blade rather hard, and she shouts out in a sad voice, "Quit it! This isn't very fun!" Again raising its left hand, Ralts begins to giggle again as Sceptile's left and right hands begin to hit Sceptile's own head, rather lightly. "Haha, you're hitting yourself! This is fun again!" the Ralts exclaims, the giggling intensifying. What will you do?


    Venom Island

    John's Knight: You give your orders to Forte, who nods, ready to give payback since last round's results were less than ideal. Golem stomps the ground, its leg glowing with ground energy. A moderate tremor follows, doing decent damage to Ursaring. Ursaring goes in for its strike as well, its fist glowing a bright white and smashing into Golem with its Rock Smash, doing very good damage. Shaking off the effects of the attack, Golem focuses itself, raising its attacking and defensive powers. Ursaring charges in, attempting to lift Golem up and throw it with Strength, but Golem resists it marvelously, not even rising from the ground. As Ursaring's eyes grow wide in astonishment, Golem strikes the ground at an angle with its left foot, a large patch of the ground rising and striking Ursaring, throwing it back. The poison also oozes into its skin, and seeing this, Ursaring glows a bright white, Refreshing its body and ridding itself of poisoning. What will you do?



    Silver Ocean

    Faiyaa: You give your orders to Scurvy, who gives a slight nod before hopping off of your shoulders and walking to the nearest wall. Its paw begins to glow a bright white as it prepares to strike the wall. Hoping that Scurvy doesn't strike a wall on the outside of the ship, you can't do anything to stop it anyway as it swings its fist, striking the wooden wall. However, you find that Scurvy had not struck a wall of the hull, instead a way into another room. Crawling through the small hole that Aipom had created, you find yourself in a cabin. A single dryrotted bed sits against a wall, and a slightly eaten away desk sits on the opposite wall. You see a door on the far side of the room, and begin to walk toward it in the dim light. You see something sparkle on the bed, and further inspection reveals that it is an old, bronze key. Pocketing it for futher use, you continue toward the door when you hear a scratching to your right, near the desk. You turn around to see a rather large Rattata, teeth bared and ready to attack you. What will you do?

    Skrusti and Joshua: Orders are given and they are quickly filled out as Jeff heals Jamie from its paralysis. Jamie swims over to the shipwreck, whose mast and part of the crow's nest jet from the water, allowing Jeff to climb off. Meanwhile, Hayley moves into action, opening its mouth wide, a stream of teal colored particles rushing forth and coating the Gyarados, the Dragonbreath doing decent damage. Now moving back into action, Jamie swims toward the Gyarados as Hayley creates a series of Sludge Bombs which fall down onto the Gyarados. Roaring in pain as it gets hit in the eyes, Gyarados shakes its head, trying to clear the poison from its eyes. Now close to its target, Jamie's fist glows a bright white as it swings it to strike Gyarados at the same moment Tifa lets its Bullet Seed fly, the Focus Punch and the barrage of seeds striking Gyarados at the same time and doing very good damage. Roaring in pain, the Gyarados looks around wildly for the culprit, charging a Hyper Beam for only a few seconds and letting it fly in Jamie's direction, but a protective white shield Jamie is able to conjure in time protects both it and Tifa from the strike.

    Tifa again goes into action, a green aura surrounding it as it begins to leech health and energy from Gyarados, who roars in pain once again. It ducks its head underneath the water to wash out its eyes, and it rises again, its eyes bloodshot with red pupils. As Hayley swoops in to attack with its Thunderpunch, Gyarados stares it down, a blue aura appearing around Flygon and freezing it in midair, the leer attack effectively stopping the attack. Jamie seems to be slightly tiring from the Protect attacks, while Hayley is only slightly tired. Tifa is fine. What will you do?

  4. #64
    ~¤Sea Priestess¤~ lilbluecorsola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Where no one can find me...
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect
    Brine Island
    lilbluecorsola: Following the man into the Pokemon Center, you can now take in his features. Having dark brown hair, almost black, and brown eyes, he looks to be roughly 30 years old, possibly older. He continues walking, and looking around, you see that seemingly everyone from the beach is gathered inside, watching a big screen television, or sitting at tables simply talking to each other. The man stops when he reaches a large, oak bookcase, and begins to search the shelves. "History of Brine Island...History of Brine Island..." he mutters as he looks over the different books, before finally resting on the fourth shelf from the bottom. "Here we go," he says, pulling a worn, blue book from the shelf. Written in golden letters are "HISTORY OF BRINE ISLAND." Opening the book to the index page, the man traces the words for a few seconds before he looks at you. "I'm sorry," he says, in an apologetic tone, "I seem to have forgotten to introduce myself. My name's Michael, and I've been living on Brine Island for the last 20 or so years, I moved here from Vermillion City when I was 13. Now then..." he begins again, scanning the index page. "Ah, here we go. Page number 58." Flipping through the book, he reaches page 58, and hands it to you.

    At the top of the page is a black and white picture of a Tentacool. Underneath it, it says "Tentacool Damage and Destruction" in large, bold lettering. Continuing reading the page, it continues. "First reported in 1953, but with unconfirmed reports going back much farther than that, the Tentacool problem which exists in the waters of Brine Island is extremely dangerous and problematic. Each year, hundreds of Tentacool from the world over journey to the Coral Harbor in order to lay their eggs. However, the eggs secrete a very powerful venom, turning the coral reefs temporarily white and driving all wildlife from the area. Attempts to destroy the eggs have not been made, as this appears to be the main source for Tentacool to be born, and a worldwide extermination of the species is out of the question. Nets have also proven worthless. It would appear as the only suitable way to stop the problem would be to make this area unsuitable for the Tentacool, and they would journey to a different area. Venom Island, another island of the Cascadia archipelago (more information on Venom Island can be found in Section 37, "Other Islands") has been suggested for the position, but there is to date no way to drive the Tentacool away."

    The man then remarks, "You don't have any idea as to what we can do, do you? The only thing that really is a decent idea in my opinion is to drive the Tentacool away by unfit waters...But poison won't affect them. What do you think?"
    OOC - Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I've been stuck on what to do.

    Jessica followed mutely after the man as they heade towards the Pokémon Center. Once inside, he paused for a moment, giving her time to examine his face. His hair was dark brown, though it had appeared black from a distance, much like her own. His eyes were brown too, and he looked at least 30. Turning her attention to the rest of the Center, she found most of the people from the beach had found safe harbor here, and were now watching television or simply chatting casually with each other. Jess was surprised that they were all so calm now, but shrugged and walked after the man, who had started towards a tall oak bookcase gracing the wall. "History of Brine Island... History of Brine Island..." he murmured as he scanned the spines, finally spotting what he was looking for on the fourth shelf from the bottom. "Here we go," he declared as he extracted an old, blue volume. Printed in gold letters was the title: HISTORY OF BRINE ISLAND.

    The man turned to the back and searched the index briefly before suddenly looking up at her, as if just becoming aware of her presence. Startled by the abrupt shift of attention onto her, she blushed slightly. "I'm sorry," he said, "I seem to have forgotten to introduce myself. My name's Michael, and I've been living on Brine Island for the last 20 or so years. I moved here from Vermillion City when I was 13. Now then..." He returned his attention to the book, and Jess relaxed, glad she didn't have to come up with a response. "Ah, here we go. Page number 58," he announced, turning to the directed page. He skimmed over the text, apparently familiar with most of it, then handed the book over to her.

    At the top was a picture of a Tentacool in plain black and white, and underneath it read "Tentacool Damage and Destruction" in large, bold lettering. Reading the passage, Jess learned that the Tentacool came annually to lay their eggs in the harbor. The eggs, which secreted a powerful poison, would stain the coral temporarily white and drive away wildlife from the area. The eggs could not be destroyed, as that would eliminate the entire species. No other method could be found to ward them off, though Venom Island seemed a likely alternate to drive them to.

    Having sensed that she was finished, the man continued on with his own thoughts. "You don't have any idea as to what we can do, do you? The only thing that really is a decent idea in my opinion is to drive the Tentacool away by unfit waters... But poison won't affect them. What do you think?"

    Jessica thought a little about the situation, wondering what she could do and whether she would be willing to do it. "I'm not so sure..." she started slowly, "About messing with nature. Whatever we do might affect other creatures too without us knowing it.

    Would it be all right if I go back down to the beach and look around a bit first? I think I'd still like to know more about what's going on before I come to any conclusions."

  5. #65
    Registered User P/Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect
    P/Arts: Heading off toward the Salin City gym, in an attempt to earn a badge to prove your strength, it doesn't take you long to locate it. Only a short walk away from the port, you soon find yourself at a massive building, roughly two stories high and seemingly stretching on for about 300 yards, with a large symbol at the top, a half moon like symbol. You know it's the gym, though, because of the large sign beside it reading "GYM."

    Walking in, you find yourself in a massive lobby, many people hanging around the area. You walk up to the counter, stating that you wish to challenge the gym. The attendant nods, and pulls a small, silver box off of a pile in the corner of the desk. She opens the desk and pulls out a small, very thin TV like device, with a stylus attached to the side. She takes the stylus and taps the screen, and nods to you. "Good luck, if you have any questions, please let me know."

    You look down at the screen, and notice that it has gone from blank, to a colorful screen, broken into eight equal sections horizontally, each one only about a half inch thick, but as long as the screen. Examining each closer, you find that on the first one, a picture of a man with a headband rests on a reddish orange background, with the letters RCK FRE GND beside it, possibly designating types? At the very end of the section, there is the number 1, without any other designation. The next one is a woman with long, brown hair on a green background . GRS BUG FLY are the letters near this one, and at the end of this section is the number 2. Next, on a light blue backdrop is a young man, with a snow hat and goggles. ICE are the only letters near this one, and the number near it is 2 as well. Fourth is a blonde haired man on a blue background. WTR are the only letters near this one, but this one has a number of 6. Fifth, a woman with black hair sits on a light brown background, with the letters PSY DRK GST near it. This number is 0. Sixth, on a yellow background is a woman, with blonde hair. ELC is the only lettering, and it has the number 2. Seventh is a woman with purple hair, on a dark purple background. PSN is the lettering of this one, while the number is also 0. And lastly, a man with brown hair rests on a gray background. Letter designation is NML FTG STL and there is no number for this one, rather a red X.

    The woman sees your expression, and offers help. In a calm tone, she begins. "The letters, such as RCK, represent type of the gym. The number at the end is how many people are currently on that Gym Leader's queue. Two Gym Leaders always seem to have zero on theirs, for some reason...I don't know. Anyway, if you'd like to challenge one, just tap their name and fill out the form that appears to the very best of your ability, and you'll be good to go, unless you have any other questions?"

    Making your choice of the gym you will challenge, suddenly the screen changes to a form.

    Name:
    Age:
    Prior Gym Challenges (if any):
    Squad of 6 For Battle:

    Frowning slightly, James stared down at the screen in front of him, feeling slightly dissapointed; a large red X covered the steel gym, his first choice for battle. So much for steel-against-steel, James thought dejectedly. He realized the idea was corny, but wanted to try all the same. Propping himself up against the desk, he mulled over his choices; the temptation to go the easy path and challenge the flying-bug-grass gym and have a type advantage was tempting, but he wasn't cheap enough to try that ... no matter what his pokemon would have to say on the subject. A grin crossed his face as he realized something; there was only one Gym he would no have a clear advantage in, and oh, that would make his victory that much sweeter...

    Psychic-Dark-Ghost. Each type had inredible advantages, and few weaknesses, and most pokemon with these elements had unprecedented power and defensive capabilities. Perfect... The fifteen-year-old smiled lightly, and his fingers brushed against the face of a woman with raven-coloured hair, who was on a light-brown background.

    "Accepted." the machine beeped.

    Sighing slightly, James tapped the desk he was leaning on impatiently, thoughts flicking through his head; the easy part was done. Now came the hard part - selecting which pokemon to use. Lips pursed, James started to type:

    Name: James Donnin.
    Age: Fifteen.
    Prior Gym Challenges (if any): UPN Fire Gym - Owned by Enchantress.
    Squad of 6 For Battle: Steelix; Skarmory; Scizor; Magmar; Gengar; Golduck.

  6. #66
    :~Midnight Blue Moon~: Alilatias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    BMGf, SPPf, and UPN - The Fizzy Bubbles RPG branches
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect

    Lily Island
    Alilatias: Faltzer is given his orders, and though he hesitates a bit as to not being able to directly strike and peck its brains out, Faltzer closes its eyes and begins to focus on the task at hand. Meanwhile, the other two Swellow just sort of flap in midair for a few seconds before they fly directly at Electabuzz, who lets the electricity it was charging flow from itself to the left Swellow, who makes no attempt to dodge the attack. The electricity engulfs the bird and it falls to the ground. However, Electabuzz is severly caught off guard as suddenly it is struck from behind by a Swellow. Confused as to where the apparent fourth Swellow came, you soon realize that Electabuzz had struck a Substitute rather than the real Swellow. Taking the opportunity, Faltzer and the other Substitute quickly strike as well.

    A trail of white tailing both Pokemon, the two Swellow quickly strike Electabuzz at once, knocking it back several feet with the combined force of the attacks. The other two Swellow then begin to glow a bright white, charging up what you realize as Sky Attack. Electabuzz looks between them, as to pick who to attack, before it looks directly at Faltzer, and sends a series of small sparks at it in a Shock Wave attack. Faltzer barely manages to dodge it as it flies into the air. The man glares at you, and then stares at Saito, smiling. "3 on one isn't very fair, now is it?" Pulling out a Pokeball, he throws it onto the ground, the shape of a Magcargo appearing. However, in the meanwhile, the Swellow finish charging their attacks, and both fly at the Electabuzz, striking it headon with the power of two Sky attacks, though the resistance Electabuzz has halves the damage. Taking the chance now, Faltzer opens its beak, a stream of bluegreen mist flying forth and hitting Electabuzz, who doesn't seem to have been paralyzed. It seems as though the man lets his Pokemon do whatever they do, rather than give them orders. What will you do?
    "Huh?! A Magcargo?! Are you planning to burn the whole forest down? Because Saito here won't let you... Or will he?"

    Saito shot a glare at Soruta, then back at the enemy Magcargo. Sure, he'd finally get to fight, but that Magcargo was likely nowhere near as large as the Electabuzz... But then again, that Magcargo had a distinct advantage over Saito, and Soruta knew that Saito and Faltzer would be in major trouble if this battle dragged on for much longer.

    "Saito, I was only kidding... I know you won't let the forest and everyone that lives in it fall, since you're a grass-type too. And as far as I know, we both hate fire-types with a passion, even though you'd natrually hate them more than I do. Call me neutral if you want, but... That's not the point right now!"

    Saito seemed to pay no attention, and continued glaring at the Magcargo. Looking up, Soruta could see that Faltzer was probably doing the same as Saito was, except his glare was directed to the Electabuzz... However, she really couldn't tell which Swellow was hers anymore, so all she could do now is try to guide them all. Looking down at Saito again, she began to suggest some moves for Saito.

    "Saito, if I know these Magcargo well, it's that hitting them with physical attacks will get you burnt badly! We're going to have to try attacking him from a distance, but if we really want to finish this fast, we're going to have to take some risks. Let's start! It's body may be bright already, but let's overload that brightness and blind him with a Flash! After that, get close to him and cool him off with a nice Ice Punch, then jolt him out of his senses with a Thunderpunch immeadiately after!"

    Turning to the sky, Soruta still couldn't tell which Swellow was Faltzer, but hopefully, one of the other Swellow didn't have the same nickname as Faltzer.

    "Faltzer! Let's go! I'm sure the Electabuzz won't like it when he gets slowed down! Chill him with an Icy Wind, then protect yourself and the other Swellow with a Double Team! Charge up your energies then strike him down with a Sky Attack!"

  7. #67
    Bird Keeper Norkia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect
    quilava plush: The four Pokemon stare at you for a few seconds, before nodding. The male Nidoran then begins to run toward Paras, who raises one of its claws in mock defense. The Ledyba then moves in front of the Nidoran, signalling for it to stop. In this crude form of charades, you realize that Celebii protects the forest, though such an assumption could have already been made. The Pokemon again move into action, as the Nidoran M again moves first, slashing the air in front of it with a claw, and the Paras tips over to the left, almost comically, and then Ledyba comes over and slaps the Nidoran M across the face, extremely lightly. After a few seconds, you realize that the people cutting down the trees are attempting to lure Celebii out, and the toothpicks are merely a byproduct by which the organization can make money.

    You then notice the Nidoran F, who had been totally quiet during the entire "conversation." Turned away from you and staring at the bars, it suddenly moves, kicking the iron bar directly in front of it twice with no results. This makes you realize that you're going to need to escape from this if you're going to be saving anything, so what will you do?

    Rivka grinned in amusement at the Pokémon's enactments of the current situation and saw as the female Nidoran tried to kick at the bars, trying to escape. She then looked to her Fearow, who still did not want to be tangled in all of this, and with Rivka's nod of understanding, he was withdrawn into his Pokéball. Rivka clipped his Pokéball to her belt and removed another one, thinking about a possible plan, then reached her hand through the bars and pressed the button for it to expand and release a Farfetch'd.

    "Ahiru," she whispered to the duck as she compressed the ball back and pulled her arm back in. "I want you to try to find a key to get us out of here; if you can't find one, then try to pry at the lock with your stick and try to unlock th' cage. If that doesn't work, either, then try Cutting at the bars to opena way for us t' get out of here. Try not to make too much noise." After her debriefing, Ahiru nodded and began to act upon her trainer's instructions.

  8. #68
    Phoenix of the sky Faiyaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas, baybeh! :3
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect
    Silver Ocean

    Faiyaa: You give your orders to Scurvy, who gives a slight nod before hopping off of your shoulders and walking to the nearest wall. Its paw begins to glow a bright white as it prepares to strike the wall. Hoping that Scurvy doesn't strike a wall on the outside of the ship, you can't do anything to stop it anyway as it swings its fist, striking the wooden wall. However, you find that Scurvy had not struck a wall of the hull, instead a way into another room. Crawling through the small hole that Aipom had created, you find yourself in a cabin. A single dryrotted bed sits against a wall, and a slightly eaten away desk sits on the opposite wall. You see a door on the far side of the room, and begin to walk toward it in the dim light. You see something sparkle on the bed, and further inspection reveals that it is an old, bronze key. Pocketing it for futher use, you continue toward the door when you hear a scratching to your right, near the desk. You turn around to see a rather large Rattata, teeth bared and ready to attack you. What will you do?
    Gary grins as Scurvy hops up onto his shoulder and he ducks his head as he steps through the hole in the wall that Scurvy had just made. "Great work, Scurvy!" He then looked back up into the room. There was an old, dirty bed, a rotted out dest, and a door on the opposite side of the room. He then noticed an old bronze key laying on the bed and hastily picked it up, putting it in his pocket. It then suddenly dawned on Gary that they were being watched as he heard a scratching noise and turned around to see a snarling Rattata. He then smiled smugly as he glanced up at Scurvy, who was also grinning widely. "This is it, Scurvy. You're first battle, but I know you're ready!" Scurvy nodded and chanted, "Arr!" as he jumped off of Gary's shoulder, facing off against the other small purple mammal. "Let's start off with a Rock Smash, followed by a Thunderpunch to the same spot!" Scurvy, still grinning, nodded and chanted again, ready to fight.
    FB Info::My PC::FB Records
    Typhu lv.100, Amph lv.100, Kratos lv.34, Espy lv.16, Shuri lv.100, Thorn lv.53, Scurvy lv.23,

    Buru lv.11, Rena lv.100, Coco lv.25, Flare lv.36, Devi lv.100, Aero lv.17, Raphael lv.36

    Anime banner made by me.

  9. #69
    Still Alive Jerichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Probably not here.
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect

    Ruin Island

    Timeless River: You order Crysta, who responds with a nod, showing that it understands as it prepares itself to fight against the prankster. Haunter's laughing ceases as it watches the Quagsire's fist glow a bright white color as energy charges into it for an Ancientpower. Haunter looks at it strangely for a second, before it begins to scratch its head as to be thinking of what to do. After only a few seconds, a figurative lightbulb appears over the Haunter's head. As Quagsire runs forward to strike, a smoky material wraps around Haunter's right fist, which flies from its body and meets Crysta's fist in midair, cancelling both attacks out. Not wasting any time, Crysta prepares a mass of mud in its both before it lets it fly, the Mud Shot flying right at Haunter, who just sits there, looking quite bored as the ball of mud approaches it.

    The Mud Shot flies right through Haunter's etheral form, much to the dismay of Crysta, who glares at Haunter, before it closes its eyes, using Amnesia to raise its defenses. Haunter also closes its eyes, every few seconds slightly opening one to see what Crysta is doing. It would appear as though Haunter is merely interested in copying your moves, rather than thinking of its own. What will you do?
    OOC: Crysta's in the TC, and can't do a thing to the Haunter, so I'm gonna have to withdraw her.
    Tetsu wacthed as every attack ordered was rendered useless by Haunter. "Sorry, girl, but there's no way you can get rid of this poltergiest. Return." he told the now large purple mud-fish. He held up her Net Ball, and a shot of red light enveloped her and returned her to her Pokeball. "Smokestack! You're up!" he said, pitching a Fire Ball onto the dying land. In a flurry of embers and small flames, a terripan appeared. "Torkoal!" her cried, smoke billowing out of his nose and mouth. "Alright, Smokestack. Get things started with an Ember, then Curse, and up the tempature to a Fire Spin." he ordered. This Haunter is annoying.Tetsu thought. Oh, well. It sure is exciting.

  10. #70
    Angel Wings ~ Shinjara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PI
    Shinjara & Sasuke: Deciding to head out to Venom Island, you both turn to the Skull Tunnel, a large white rock jetting from the ground, looking eerily like a skull, the eyes and nose being slight indents in the huge rock. Squeezing in the small gap where the mouth would be in a skull, you find yourselves in a very dark cavern, the only light coming from the small gap from which you just came. Thinking quickly, Sasuke releases his Shiftry. Both of you cover your eyes as Shiftry begins to glow white, a blinding Flash being released through the cavern, lighting it up. Opening your eyes, you find the cavern unnaturally bright. Nonetheless, you find that the ceiling of the cavern is high enough that you can walk freely, the caverns themselves in somewhat of a circular shape.

    Beginning to walk through, you quickly find a room which you assume is the main antechamber, the ceiling 3 times as high as the normal path. Other caverns jet away from the cavern, totalling 10 in all. The very center one is the only one that is any different from the others, bathed in a bright blue light. However, as you look up, you see about 30 of the Zubat line resting peacefully on the ceiling. They don't seem to have noticed you, but it might not be a good idea to let them. What will you do?
    Sorry for the delay, SM.

    As Sarutobi lit up the cavern, Kaya found she could stand up inside. “Thanks Saru..” she whispered before looking about. Nodding to Sasuke, she ventured forwards and noticed that the cavern seemed much more brighter than a usual dark place lit up with a Flash. Simply dismissing it as nothing, she continued forward until the two, Rini & Sarutobi reached a room which could be the main chamber. Kaya then began to speak, “Wow this is awesome!” before eyeing the ceiling and gasping, keeping her hands placed firmly over her mouth. As Sasuke checked it out, she whispered, “god .. I nearly woke them up, way to go ..” she sighed then looked to Rini and whispered, “Return .. We can’t have them wake up and attempt to slaughter us” Rini pouted as the red light took her back into the poke ball.

    Noticing the central cavern, which was bathed in a bright blue light, Kaya turned to Sasuke and whispered in his ear, “so .. Off down the central path yeah?” she asked to confirm and then took a Pokeball from her waist, and it clicked open, released Seishuku, her Golbat. She knew he was stealthy and therefore, could move silently. Kaya then motioned him over to her. The Golbat swooped down, landing on the ground gracefully. “Alright Sei, accompany us through the cavern to the blue one. Don’t cause a fuss, if the Zubat awaken then try to keep them away from us through reason..” Sei then frowned and ascended into the air slightly higher than Kaya and Sasuke as the two prepared to go into the cavern bathed in the blue light.

  11. #71
    Fighting Fiend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Sasuke shielded his eyes until the beaming light emitting from his Shiftry’s eyes dimmed slightly. He blinked a few times to adjust his focus, before making his way inside the cavern, with Kaya and Rini close by his side as Sarutobi led the way, lighting the path ahead of them. The further they walked Sasuke began to notice the light growing brighter. ’’Saru,’’ he called, causing his Shiftry to turn around, ’’keep the light down a little?’’ Sarutobi shrugged to indicate he was not responsible, but dutifully dimmed the light which was beaming from his narrow eyes.

    Soon the path opened up, until the group were standing in a large central cavern. Now Sasuke could see the source of the external light, which was not coming from his Shiftry. Several tunnels bore into the wall ahead of them, Sasuke quickly counted ten in total, and one of the middle channels appeared to be glowing with an eerie bright blue light. ’’Wow this is awesome,’’ Kaya gasped from by his side. He looked away from the tunnels to where her eyeline was focused, up to the very roof of the cavern. He looked up too, but could see nothing unusual, beside jagged rocks as could be expected inside a cave such as they were in. ’’I nearly woke them up, way to go,’’ Kaya scolded herself. Finally Sasuke understood, as he looked closer he suddenly noticed that it was in fact completely covered with sleeping Zubat.

    As Kaya drew Rini inside her pokeball before sensibly releasing her own bat pokemon, her Golbat Seishuku, Sasuke nodded with approval and decided to make a change himself. He took Sarutobi’s wooden pokeball from his belt, drawing him swiftly inside with a grateful nod to his Shiftry as he did so. He clipped the ball back on his waist and replaced it with a Pumpkin ball, which he opened in the palm of his hand, and his Breloom appeared instantly by his side. Kyuzo immediately began to look around, spying the Zubat on the roof, the ten tunnels on the wall ahead of them, and the central tunnel which beamed with blue light. Sussing out the situation immediately he remained quiet, merely turning to Sasuke and nodding.

    ’’So, off down the central path, yeah?’’ Kaya asked casually. ’’Where else?’’ he smiled and whispered back, keen to find out what the source of that strange light was. He nudged Kyuzo in the direction of the central path and began walking towards it, concentrating on where he was stepping so as not to wake the sleeping pokemon above them as Kaya did the same, with Seishuku moving silently through the air beside them.
    Fizzy Bubbles

    What a day. The sun is out, birds are singing, bees are trying to have sex with them -
    as is my understanding...

  12. #72
    Registered User Latias10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect
    Latias10: Giving your orders to your Shelgon, she instantly goes into action. Opening her mouth wide, a series of small flames rush from Angel's mouth, decending upon the vine which is wrapped around your leg. Suprisingly, as the flames make contact with the vine, a loud roar erupts from the brush where the plant is, and the scorched vine quickly retreats into the plants. Suddenly, the plants are all mowed down by a series of sharp spinning leaves, which Angel is able to defend the pair of you with a white Protective shield which it conjures. With the brush gone, you see what had attacked you - a large Venusaur stands among the plants, glaring at Angel with thoughts of revenge. A large crescent shaped scar covers part of its face, reaching from the forehead down to Venusaur's mouth.

    Roaring again as it prepares to attack, Venusaur sends another flurry of Razor Leaves at Angel. Acting fast, Angel sends a stream of blue flame from its mouth, the Dragonbreath incinerating the leaves on contact and bursting through to Venusaur, who is caught off guard by the attack. Ready to attack Angel again, it lashes out with its vines, though only a few feet from Angel, they stop in midair. Wondering what's happening, you notice that Venusaur's eyes are moving around frantically, but the rest of its body isn't moving, apparently paralyzed. What will you do?
    Catherine stared in shock at the Venusaur, she did not realize that the pokemon was paralyzed until now. She decided that it would be unfair to battle so she bent down to Angel to tell her pokemon her plan.

    "It seems kind of un fair to battle this pokemon because it is paralyzed so how about if we slowly leave unless if it tries to fight back. If it dose fire any attacks try to deflect it with a Dragon Dance then attack with a Dragonbreath then Twister but only do this if it attacks you," Catherine whispered to her pokemon.

    Angel noded and Catherine stood up she looked at the Venasaur and began to talk. "Because you are paralyzed it seems unfair that we battle. This has all been a misunderstanding so we are going to leave but if you attack we have no choice but to attack," Catherine told the grass pokemon then she an Angel slowly backed up with Angel watching the Venasaur just in case it attacked.

  13. #73
    Got You! thed3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect
    Dew Island
    thed3: Sending out your Tropius and your Caterpie to try to help the Totodile, your Caterpie quickly begins to use String Shot to hold the Totodile in place, while Tropius beats its enormous wings a few times to scan the area for signs of an attacker. Your Caterpie then hastens to obey your second command, releasing a strong odor from its feelers. However, this does not have the effect which you desire, the terrible smelling odor being anything but calming. Nonetheless, the Totodile continues to writhe in pain, trying to move its arm. You then see it - a very small welt is on Totodile's left shoulder. Suddenly, to your right, another shriek of pain comes, and you quickly jump up. Looking over, you see a small Marill with a red welt not unlike Totodile's on its forehead. You quickly realize that there is something wrong here, and professional help is necessary. You remember there being a telephone beside the entrance to the elevator, and you quickly descend in the elevator and look at the phone - written atop it is DIAL 2748 FOR EMERGENCIES. What will you do?

    Watching the Totodile writhe away Thed just couldn't understand what that enormous red welt was. Could it have been attacked... maybe it's a new pokemon disease... He just couldn't make it out. A sudden scream from seemingly nowhere revealed a little Marill with the same red welt as Totodile, but on it's forehead. Thed gritted his teeth and realized that some sort of professional was needed for this situation, but who? A faint recollection of a phone near the elevator gets Thed dashing away. He returns Cocnut and carries Papi with him. Finally getting to the telephone he reads the message aloud as he dials the numbers 2748 on the phone. Listening to the phone he crossed his fingers that someone would answer and be able to get down here fast. Thed tried to stay calm and hoped he would be able to explain the situation as best as possible.

    Togisumase! Kemono No Yaiba!
    Hibike! Kemono No Sakebi!
    Tagire! Kemono No Chikara!
    Bisuto On! HA!

    FB | | PC | DT

  14. #74
    Fizzy Bubble Member Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect

    Serial Arsonist: Heading off onto Ion Island, you step out onto the dock and release your Bulbsaur, before deciding to go to Storm Lake. The crescent shaped lake literally has electricity sparking through the water, causing it to glow slightly yellow. However, you also see what the lake is famous for, as a Electabuzz relaxes in the shallow water, and a few Chinchou and a Lanturn swim underwater. Scanning the remainder of the lake, you are suddenly caught off guard as you hear breathing behind you. You whip around, and see an Electabuzz standing there. You glance over to where you saw the Electabuzz before to make sure it's not the same one, which it isn't, and turn your attention back to the Electabuzz, who looks rather angry, with bloodshot eyes, ready to attack you. What will you do?
    Sorry for the Delay SM.

    As Wayne continued exploring the Storm Lake Wayne suddenly heard breathing behind him. Turning around Wayne then saw the electrical creature standing before him. Wayne then looked where he saw the other Electabuzz before and realized it wasn’t the same one as before. Looking at the angry looking monster in front of him Wayne then gulped and slowly started to think of something to do before he was totally beaten to a pulp by the creature standing in front of him. Wayne then looked at Bulbasaur ready to defend its trainer. “Okay Bulbasaur, this looks like a really powerful and totally angry Electabuzz. You have to be really careful with it. Use a Bullet Seed attack towards it and then use Sunny Day. I know he’ll try to attack as soon as possible so be ready to doge any attack it throws at you. Okay Bulbasaur I believe in you.” Bulbasaur then nodded and got ready to start attacking the Electabuzz.

  15. #75
    Registered User John's Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politically Incorrect
    Venom Island

    John's Knight: You give your orders to Forte, who nods, ready to give payback since last round's results were less than ideal. Golem stomps the ground, its leg glowing with ground energy. A moderate tremor follows, doing decent damage to Ursaring. Ursaring goes in for its strike as well, its fist glowing a bright white and smashing into Golem with its Rock Smash, doing very good damage. Shaking off the effects of the attack, Golem focuses itself, raising its attacking and defensive powers. Ursaring charges in, attempting to lift Golem up and throw it with Strength, but Golem resists it marvelously, not even rising from the ground. As Ursaring's eyes grow wide in astonishment, Golem strikes the ground at an angle with its left foot, a large patch of the ground rising and striking Ursaring, throwing it back. The poison also oozes into its skin, and seeing this, Ursaring glows a bright white, Refreshing its body and ridding itself of poisoning. What will you do?
    John saw the battle as the Ursaring "freed" itself from a poison status, refreshing its body. "This bear has a lot of tricks on its sleeve, I see...", the trainer thought, staring at it. "I fought an Ursaring before, and it wasn't as powerful as this one...and as smart. We must be careful, or we might lose."
    He then started at Forte. The Golem seemed a bit beaten with all those super effective hits, and he probably couldn't take much more...
    "Forte!", he said. "I want you...to create a Substitute. Then, hit it with a Rock Smash. Even though the Ursaring counter-attacks, the substitute will take the hit. Finish with a Rock Slide."
    Forte nodded, and began focusing on creating a substitute creature.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •