Cascadia's Recorded History - Page 15

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 343

Thread: Cascadia's Recorded History

  1. #211
    wut Demon Skittles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S_M View Post
    Ruin Island
    One of the more interesting areas of the archipelago, Ruin Island is also the most mysterious. Giant stone statues and buildings, eroded by time, stand in the overgrowing vegetation of the area, providing a home to many Pokemon, especially those who prefer dark, enclosed spaces. Studies done by researches show that this island was once under water, or flooded, or something. At the very least, they have established that it is the oldest of the areas. An eerie feel of foreboding rushes over one the second they set forth on the land, provoking myths and legends...
    Elegy Fields - At some point it appears as though humans lived on this island. Here is where they apparently buried their dead - eroded away tombstones are plentiful here. Travelers have sworn to have seen ghosts of the deads' restless spirits haunting the land.
    It had to have been nearly two weeks since Alina left the Desert of Illusion. With two Pokeballs resting in the pocket of her jacket and a Cyndaquil hiding in her backpack she stepped off the ferry onto the Ruin Island, which was only one of many islands.

    "All right, Igneous, we're off the ferry. You can come out now," she said as she pulled her Cyndaquil out of her backpack. Igneous basically had to be dragged on the ferry kicking and screaming (or rather just picked up and held tightly) due to the fact that he is a fire type, and it's a well known fact that fire types despise water. The little fire mouse looked as if it was in shock from the horror of actually floating on water and being surrounded by nothing but water for the past few hours or so. It took a moment for Igneous to realize that he was on land again, but when he did he gleefully bounced around.

    Alina smiled and stood up straight again to see where she wanted to go first. Even though there were only 4 places she could go on this small island, it was hard for her to pick. She was fascinated by the ruins. Turning her attention to the old sign labeled "ELEGY FIELDS," which also pointed to the direction the fields were located, Alina beckoned her Cyndaquil to follow her. She noted the change in atmosphere as she walked toward the Elegy Fields and shivered slightly, the feeling of dread getting worse and worse as she drew closer. That feeling was almost overwhelming now as she finally approached the edge of the gigantic graveyard. There were tombstones as far as the eye could see, and Alina couldn't help but feel a bit paranoid. She could have sworn she had seen shadows of things moving in the corner of her eye, but it was probably just her imagination. Her Cyndaquil tugged the leg of Alina's jeans, obviously wanting to leave. Alina's curiosity, however, was much greater than her fear. Not only did ruins interest her, but she loved ghost stories as well. However, she wasn't quite sure she would enjoy actually being in a ghost story. In fact, she was positive she wouldn't enjoy it at all. Despite her fear, she picked up her reluctant Cyndaquil and ventured off deeper into the Elegy Fields, not quite knowing what to expect.

  2. #212
    Where the miis are at. Lil' Psycho.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where you can't find me.
    Posts
    976
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S_M View Post

    Aduro Island
    An active volcano, this is the largest of all of the islands of Cascadia. Continually pumping lava out of human-built channels into the sea, the volcano causes the island to continually become larger and larger. Fire, Ground, and Rock types are common in these areas, and there are a few volcanic caverns leading into the volcano which are of interest to many people, and are said to house rare and powerful Pokemo. There is also a small village on the opposite end of the island, and the natives appear to be friendly, as long as they aren't disturbed too much. Vegetation on this island is sparse, and only the hardy plants can survive the heat of the volcano. The sand along the beaches is pitch black, and isn't exactly the softest thing to walk barefoot on. Hot springs and geysers are common in this area, dotting the landscape of the giant smoking mountain.

    The Lithogic River - The 'river of fire' in native settler terms, the Lithogic River is a large channel of lava being carried from the rim of Mount Aduro down to the sea. A few fire types hang around this area, and it's been said that the lava has cooled into rare gems in some parts.

    Now then, pick an area, and let your adventures begin!
    Upon his departure from the forest of adventure Tyson took a ferry to Cascadia (an incredibly SLOW one too, three days just to leave port!). Upon getting there he heard about The Lithogic River, an incredibly hot area where gemstones were regularly found.

    "If I can find gemstones I will be able to fund my journey for years!"(After all living by yourself, feeding 6 pets and traveling everywhere isn't exactly cheap.) Tyson, after a few days of Surfing (poor Freeze) reached Aduro Island. "According to the map the river is this way..." Tyson looked in a westernly direction. "...now lets find some gems!"

  3. #213
    I think I have fleas. RaunchyFad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pepperland
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S_M View Post
    Lily Island
    With a totally different landscape from the first, Lily Island is the second largest of the archipelago. Completely covered with vegetation, this island was also formed by a volcano. However, erosion has taken this island down to almost flat, and giving many homes to all types of grass and bug Pokemon among others. Inside the dense jungle, which takes up about a half of the island, there is a very small lake. There are two different forests on the island, and you can tell when you've gone from one forest to another. Besides being divided by the Diamond River, some strange force causes them to have completely different climates as well...
    The Silver Forest - The forest which takes up a bit more than half of the island, Silver Island is named for the silver veins the leaves are adorned with. A deciduous forest, you'll mainly see flying and bug types here, due to the lack of ground vegetation. There is a rest stop somewhere in the forest, helping trainers on their way.
    The ocean was always one of Paul’s favourite settings. Whenever he went he would get excited about the healing powers of salt, or the added buoyancy that came with denser waters. How he managed to find himself immersed in saltwater shortly after exiting the landlocked town of Mediville was quite the mystery, however.

    Paul had been floating for some time before beaching himself. Though the feeling of sand beneath his belly felt safer than randomly moving waves, the constant slap of the tide made him feel like throwing up. Luckily he didn’t, and instead he passed out.

    When he came to, he found that he was no longer in the water. He opened his eyes and saw his pokémon around him and figured that Rocky and Bobcat had dragged him out. For this he was thankful, but he still had no idea where he was. The area was definitely foreign; there didn’t seem to be any people around. There were trees, however. In fact, with their silvery leaves, they were probably the most beautiful trees Paul had ever seen.

    The foliage had caught Paul in a bit of a trance, and he thought it an awfully good idea to meander a bit closer. He then returned his pokémon to their PokéBalls and decided to go a bit further in. Certainly a hippie wandering into the woods was a fitting start to an adventure, and so began Paul’s trek into the Silver Forest.

  4. #214
    Boo! Rabid Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    537

    Default Updates =D

    Welcome to Cascadia Lil' Psycho, Raunchy Fad, Artificial Dragon, and Allsysytemsaredown. All I require is that you reply in the colour of your area and that you keep a link to your member's list post in your signature or put a link to it in each of your replies. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me. I hope you enjoy your stay here in Cascadia.

    Lil' Psycho - Lithogic RiverReply in red
    You reach Aduro Island and immediately depart for the Lithogic River in search of gems to fund your journeys. You travel over to the river of lava flowing from the peak of Mount Aduro and begin your hunt for jewels. You search up and down the "river" for a while before you see a shiny blue jewel lying on the "shore" of the "river". You carefully make your way over to the sapphire so as to not burn yourself near the lava. You extend your arm out and grab the gemstone. As you begin to walk away with the gem, a small black imp with diamond-like eyes jumps you and runs off with the sapphire. You instinctively give chase and follow the Sableye into a cave filled with jewels. Distracted by the riches, you become oblivious to the shadows moving all around you. Suddenly the Sableye jump from the shadows and knock you out.

    When you come to, you realize that you have been tied to a long wooden pole. At the base of the pole, there is a large amount of sticks and dry brush. To your left there is a Murkrow tied to a similar wooden pole, and on your right are two small Magby tied back to back on another pole. You're a little confused at first but then you see what's happening when the Sableye light the brush at the base of your pole on fire. They're going to burn you at the stake! You realize with slight pleasure that the Sableye hadn't taken your Pokéballs and you could reach them easily.

    What will you do?


    Raunchy Fad - Silver ForestReply in green
    After passing out, you are unaware of where you are. After being mesmerized by the silver leaves for a little while, you head off into the Silver Forest. Today is a peaceful day. Well as peaceful as a day can get in world where filled with little monsters that have strange powers. Swablu are singing and Ninjask are chattering. Soon you hear a weird little noise. You look around for the source for a little while. Soon you discover it, a little Volbeat who seems to be looking for something. The Volbeat tries to act out what he's trying to tell you, you discover that the Volbeat has been separated from his true love, an Illumise. The Volbeat and Illumise were separated after an attack by a Spearow. He leads you to a large tree in the forest, where all the Volbeat and Illumise gather for the mating ritual. At sundown the ritual was supposed to begin and the bugs would light up the night with their glowing abdomens. The Volbeat then takes you to spot where he was separated from the Illumise. There are signs of a small struggle and all around you there are Spearow sitting in the trees eyeing you. You can see that the Spearow don't like you being in their territory. The Volbeat pleads for you to help him find Illumise before sundown when the Illumise and Volbeat perform their mating ritual.

    What will you do?


    Artificial Dragon - Elegy FieldsReply in darkorange
    You arrive on Ruin Island and leave for Elegy Fields. You notice an atmosphere of dread on your trek that culminates as you enter the graveyard. As you are trekking through the field, you could swear that shadows are moving all around you. You're fairly deep into the field when you notice something out of the corner of your eye. There is a boy sitting against a tombstone to your left. He has wavy dark purple hair under a white beanie with a purple Pokéball symbol on it. He wears a purple shirt over a long sleeve white undershirt and a pair of khaki cargo shorts.

    "What's a gal like you doing way out here?" he asks. "If you're not careful out here, ghosts will try and lure you into the afterlife," he tells you. As he finishes saying this, a group of spirits gather in a circle around you, with sharp fangs eager to devour mortal flesh. "Speak of the devil..." the boy says. He grabs your hand and pulls you along towards a rundown old house in the field. He pulls you inside and barricades the door with some chairs. You look around the room and see a table with a crystal ball on it. There a several bookshelves filled with old tattered books in a foreign language. The floor is covered with dirt and filth and the chandelier hanging from the ceiling is mostly broken. "I think the ghosts have left," the boy tells you, "By the way, my name is Purple." After you introduce yourself to him, the whole house begins to shake and a voice rings loudly through the building.

    "WHOOOO DOO YOOOUU THIIINK YOOOUU ARREE? THIIISSS IIISSS NOOTT THEE PLLACEE YOOOUU SHOOULD BEE!!!! GEETT OOOUUUT!"

    "And if we refuse?" Purple answers loudly before you have time to respond.

    "THHEEN YOOOUU SHHHAALLL FAACE AA THHOOUUSAANND HOOORRROORRSSS!" As the voice finishes speaking two Mismagius appear cackling menacingly. "I'll take the one on the left!" Purple tells you and pulls out a Poison Ball. He releases a Swalot to fight one of the Mismagius.

    What will you do?


    allsystemsaredown - Oniero RuinsReply in darkorange
    As you step inside the ring of ruins, everything goes black. After a minute or so you become aware of gentle rocking motion. Then you hear birds screeching and water lapping at something. Soon you can also hear cries of "Hoist the sails!" and "Aye, Cap'n!". You realize that a furry hand is poking your face. You open your eyes and see that a big grinning face is staring at you. The Aipom chatters happily when it sees you're awake. You look around and see that you're surrounded by barrels and crates of some sort. Aipom grabs your hand and leads you outside where you see that you are on a boat.

    One sailor takes a look at you, then does a doubletake. "Arr! Cap'n there be a lady on the ship!" he shouts.

    "Ehh? A woman on a ship be bad luck!" says the captain as he exits his quarters.

    "Aye, Cap'n, what shall be done with her?"

    The captain looks you over. "What business do ye have on this ship, lass?" he asks you.

    You respond that you are unaware of how you got here.

    "Cap'n, may I suggest making her our swabby?" One sailors shouts out.

    "Nay! Send her off on the raft! We shan't want to be cursed by keeping a woman on board!" Another pipes up.

    "Quiet fools!" A different sailor says. He must be the first mate.

    "Hmm... Well Lass, I guess ye have a choice to make. Ye can either stay on board this ship and be our maid, ye would be cleaning after us and other things ye women do, or ye can leave on our raft, of course we would gove ye rations of food like gents," he bares his yellow smile with some holes in the grin.

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Rabid Squirrel; 27th September 2008 at 05:58 PM.

  5. #215
    I think I have fleas. RaunchyFad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pepperland
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Squirrel View Post
    Raunchy Fad - Silver ForestReply in green
    After passing out, you are unaware of where you are. After being mesmerized by the silver leaves for a little while, you head off into the Silver Forest. Today is a peaceful day. Well as peaceful as a day can get in world where filled with little monsters that have strange powers. Swablu are singing and Ninjask are chattering. Soon you hear a weird little noise. You look around for the source for a little while. Soon you discover it, a little Volbeat who seems to be looking for something. The Volbeat tries to act out what he's trying to tell you, you discover that the Volbeat has been separated from his true love, an Illumise. The Volbeat and Illumise were separated after an attack by a Spearow. He leads you to a large tree in the forest, where all the Volbeat and Illumise gather for the mating ritual. At sundown the ritual was supposed to begin and the bugs would light up the night with their glowing abdomens. The Volbeat then takes you to spot where he was separated from the Illumise. There are signs of a small struggle and all around you there are Spearow sitting in the trees eyeing you. You can see that the Spearow don't like you being in their territory. The Volbeat pleads for you to help him find Illumise before sundown when the Illumise and Volbeat perform their mating ritual.

    What will you do?
    Thanks so much for the welcome, buddy boy. I hope we have lots of fun, interesting and romantic adventures together. :D

    Paul studied the volbeat’s charades, often becoming lost and having to get the volbeat to repeat its movements so that he could understand. Finally getting the message, he followed the firefly until it stopped to show where it had last seen its girlfriend. Paul sat down and looked into the volbeat’s buggy eyes for a long, long time, slowly processing the information in his waterlogged head. Finally he spoke.

    “So, so yeah. What I get is that you want me to help you get some cooch for tonight, yeah?” Paul linked his fingers together and rested his chin on his closed hands. “You want me to run into the woods like a good little faun and seek out your lost pussy and all the while put myself, Rocky and Li’l Bobcat out on the spot to be attacked by those birdies up there, yeah?”

    He pointed up to the canopy where the spearow flock clicked and cawed, shuddering slightly at the thought of hundreds of birds coming down to peck and claw at his body in this seemingly peaceful forest. He then buried his face in his hands and started to mumble.

    “You… you want me to put me in danger so that you can have fun in this giant firefly orgy that happens tonight, yeah?” Paul’s voice suddenly began to have an angry tone to it, but the tone was broken when he released his face from his hands and gave the volbeat a big smile.

    “Jeez, man! Have I ever been in your situation SO many times!” He began to laugh before standing up and giving the insect a big hug. Perhaps the seawater had gotten to him. “Yeah, I’ll help you,” he said, releasing the volbeat from his arms while grinning wildly, “’cause, you know… I miss cooch, too.”
    Last edited by RaunchyFad; 16th October 2008 at 08:28 PM.

  6. #216
    wut Demon Skittles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Squirrel View Post
    Artificial Dragon - Elegy FieldsReply in darkorange
    You arrive on Ruin Island and leave for Elegy Fields. You notice an atmosphere of dread on your trek that culminates as you enter the graveyard. As you are trekking through the field, you could swear that shadows are moving all around you. You're fairly deep into the field when you notice something out of the corner of your eye. There is a boy sitting against a tombstone to your left. He has wavy dark purple hair under a white beanie with a purple Pokéball symbol on it. He wears a purple shirt over a long sleeve white undershirt and a pair of khaki cargo shorts.

    "What's a gal like you doing way out here?" he asks. "If you're not careful out here, ghosts will try and lure you into the afterlife," he tells you. As he finishes saying this, a group of spirits gather in a circle around you, with sharp fangs eager to devour mortal flesh. "Speak of the devil..." the boy says. He grabs your hand and pulls you along towards a rundown old house in the field. He pulls you inside and barricades the door with some chairs. You look around the room and see a table with a crystal ball on it. There a several bookshelves filled with old tattered books in a foreign language. The floor is covered with dirt and filth and the chandelier hanging from the ceiling is mostly broken. "I think the ghosts have left," the boy tells you, "By the way, my name is Purple." After you introduce yourself to him, the whole house begins to shake and a voice rings loudly through the building.

    "WHOOOO DOO YOOOUU THIIINK YOOOUU ARREE? THIIISSS IIISSS NOOTT THEE PLLACEE YOOOUU SHOOULD BEE!!!! GEETT OOOUUUT!"

    "And if we refuse?" Purple answers loudly before you have time to respond.

    "THHEEN YOOOUU SHHHAALLL FAACE AA THHOOUUSAANND HOOORRROORRSSS!" As the voice finishes speaking two Mismagius appear cackling menacingly. "I'll take the one on the left!" Purple tells you and pulls out a Poison Ball. He releases a Swalot to fight one of the Mismagius.

    What will you do?
    Why thank you ;o

    "Thousand Horrors. Yeah, I'll pass, you can have your little house," Alina said as she turned around to pull a chair out of the way. She opened the door a crack to peek outside; no flesh-eating ghosts as far as the eye could see. But then she remembered how the hostile spirits surrounded her so quickly, and if it wasn't for Purple she would probably be dead by now. Now feeling guilty she closed the door and barricaded it once more while Igneous stood at her feet making sounds of dismay as if to say "No, wait, that was the right way to go, you idiot!"

    Alina sighed and turned to her Cyndaquil. "Okay, Igneous, ready for your second battle?" she said, smiling weakly. The tiny echinda stared back in complete horror, not believing what he was hearing. The Mismagius was about twice his size, and looked a lot stronger too. Alina then shrugged and sighed in mock disappointment. "What a shame, I thought you'd do well in this battle. Come to think of it, that Swalot Purple has looks pretty strong, it could probably solo both of those Mismagius without a sweat. Oh well, I guess Parabola will have to fight this battle. He's probably better suited for this sort of Pokemon anyway..."

    Just then Igneous, who was now completely insulted, trotted up and took its place in front of the Mismagius on the right. The Cyndaquil tried to look as tough as it could, determined to prove that he was much stronger than the Swalot to his side. Alina ran her fingers through her hair and smiled to herself. Now, what moves could Igneous use against the Mismagius... Normal type moves were obviously out of the question, and Igneous now knew only one fire type move. Luckily it was a strong one, and it would be his only attack against the Mismagius, so he had to make it count. Making up her mind Alina ordered, "Okay, Igneous, start with a Leer then use Flare Blitz! After that use a Smokescreen!"

  7. #217
    Where the miis are at. Lil' Psycho.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where you can't find me.
    Posts
    976
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Squirrel View Post
    Welcome to Cascadia Lil' Psycho, Raunchy Fad, Artificial Dragon, and Allsysytemsaredown. All I require is that you reply in the colour of your area and that you keep a link to your member's list post in your signature or put a link to it in each of your replies. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me. I hope you enjoy your stay here in Cascadia.

    Lil' Psycho - Lithogic RiverReply in red
    You reach Aduro Island and immediately depart for the Lithogic River in search of gems to fund your journeys. You travel over to the river of lava flowing from the peak of Mount Aduro and begin your hunt for jewels. You search up and down the "river" for a while before you see a shiny blue jewel lying on the "shore" of the "river". You carefully make your way over to the sapphire so as to not burn yourself near the lava. You extend your arm out and grab the gemstone. As you begin to walk away with the gem, a small black imp with diamond-like eyes jumps you and runs off with the sapphire. You instinctively give chase and follow the Sableye into a cave filled with jewels. Distracted by the riches, you become oblivious to the shadows moving all around you. Suddenly the Sableye jump from the shadows and knock you out.

    When you come to, you realize that you have been tied to a long wooden pole. At the base of the pole, there is a large amount of sticks and dry brush. To your left there is a Murkrow tied to a similar wooden pole, and on your right are two small Magby tied back to back on another pole. You're a little confused at first but then you see what's happening when the Sableye light the brush at the base of your pole on fire. They're going to burn you at the stake! You realize with slight pleasure that the Sableye hadn't taken your Pokéballs and you could reach them easily.

    What will you do?
    Thank you. My stats.
    "I have the element of surprise on my side..." said Tyson while reaching for his pokeballs, "Let's see, the fourth pokeball is Slice, the second is Digga'." After a few seconds of digging Tyson found it, the ball that housed his Lv.1 male Scyther. "I want you to slice all four of us out when I release you okay? And Digga I want you to unlight the fires with a Sand Attack then return, we dont need a wildfire." Whispered Tyson when he reched for his pokeballs. "Now, Slice, Digga'!"

    Out of the pokeball materealized his blue Scyther and Trapinch After a few seconds of red light. "Murkrow, Magbies, Stay where you are, If you leave the Sableye will probably just catch you again. Stay back and I will defend you! Slice if anyone attacks you use Leer and Quick attack." This day was taking a turn for the worse.
    Last edited by Lil' Psycho.; 28th September 2008 at 08:32 PM.

  8. #218
    Endless. Endless. J. S. Köttbulle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aboard a black ship
    Posts
    1,584
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Squirrel View Post
    [size=1]
    allsystemsaredown - Oniero RuinsReply in darkorange
    As you step inside the ring of ruins, everything goes black. After a minute or so you become aware of gentle rocking motion. Then you hear birds screeching and water lapping at something. Soon you can also hear cries of "Hoist the sails!" and "Aye, Cap'n!". You realize that a furry hand is poking your face. You open your eyes and see that a big grinning face is staring at you. The Aipom chatters happily when it sees you're awake. You look around and see that you're surrounded by barrels and crates of some sort. Aipom grabs your hand and leads you outside where you see that you are on a boat.

    One sailor takes a look at you, then does a doubletake. "Arr! Cap'n there be a lady on the ship!" he shouts.

    "Ehh? A woman on a ship be bad luck!" says the captain as he exits his quarters.

    "Aye, Cap'n, what shall be done with her?"

    The captain looks you over. "What business do ye have on this ship, lass?" he asks you.

    You respond that you are unaware of how you got here.

    "Cap'n, may I suggest making her our swabby?" One sailors shouts out.

    "Nay! Send her off on the raft! We shan't want to be cursed by keeping a woman on board!" Another pipes up.

    "Quiet fools!" A different sailor says. He must be the first mate.

    "Hmm... Well Lass, I guess ye have a choice to make. Ye can either stay on board this ship and be our maid, ye would be cleaning after us and other things ye women do, or ye can leave on our raft, of course we would gove ye rations of food like gents," he bares his yellow smile with some holes in the grin.

    What will you do?
    Bad luck. How many times had she heard this before. From the time she awoke in Johto, they called her that. But why? The girl was in a pickle. The first thing that came to mind when he said "other things ye women do" suggested that if she said yes, this dream would rapidly become a nightmare. But the grin the pirate gave her when she mentioned rations suggested he had a trick up his sleeve. She thought it over: Turn her life over to them, or risk it the middle of nowhere? These people obviously thought down on women, so a dirty trick was likely if she went overboard. She had reached her decision. "I have decided to serve the crew, ummm...Cap'n."
    Fizzy Bubbles
    - Jovi's Lament - Fantastic Voyage!? - Mother And Child - Teenager Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Reality -
    A person is not defined by their tastes, rather it is the other way 'round.

  9. #219
    ANGELIC PWNZINATON, GO!!! Lemon~Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Somewhere.
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S_M View Post
    Brine Island
    Salin City - The only real city in the entire island chain, Salin City is huge. Taking up the entirety of Brine Island, Salin City has everything-from shopping places, to schools, hospitals, a Pokemon Center, an airport, and a seaport, among other things. There is a small park in the middle, with a fishing pond and a few trees scattered about. Stands line the streets wishing to sell you things, and it'd be pretty hard to not find something to do. But if you would happen to find yourself in such a dilemma, there is a Pokemon Gym in the city which holds eight leaders, one each to symbolize the Cascadian Archipelago. However, only one may be challenged per visit to the gym.
    Mike shielded his eyes from the sun as he looked at the majestic Salin City. The ferry ride here from the Arcane Realm was rather slow, and while Scorpio, his Gligar, and Orion, his newly acquired Magnemite, enjoyed the fresh sea air and the gentle rock of the boat, his Sableye, Klaus, had spent most of the voyage hanging over the railing and vomiting up some disgusting barf that looked like a mixture of red glitter glue and pureed spinach.

    The sheer amount of things you could do here was amazing, from battling the Gym Leaders, to shopping, to fishing in the city's park, and a whole lot more. The beach was just around the corner, too. This reminded Mike of his home, Florida, and he breathed in deeply, as the tropical climate here was much more suited to him than the chilly Silverton Ranges where he'd last been.

    Klaus was standing by his side, still a bit shaky from the ferry ride, Orion was hovering around his head, and Scorpio was flying above him, so in awe at the gigantic city that he'd forgotten to take his usual place at Mike's shoulders. "C'mon," he said to them. "Let's walk to the park first, and see if anyone wants to battle." And with that, Mike's first adventure in the archipelago of Cascadia began.
    ~FB~
    Only available online on the weekends and holidays (Friday, Saturday Sunday). Sorry for any inconveniences.

  10. #220
    D: It got me Furrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S_M View Post
    Ion Island
    Ion Island is made of almost entirely iron ore and magnetic substances that conduct electricity easily. It is said that long ago, a huge battle which pitted two powerful electric Pokemon electrically charged the island, causing most Pokemon that lived here to die. However, electric types thrive here, and recently people have learned how to use the electricity to their own use.

    Storm Lake - A crescent moon shaped lake that surrounds the north and east sides of the Power Plant, Storm Lake is an electrically charged freshwater lake. Only a few Pokemon live inside the lake, but many electric types come to cool off.

    Thanks for uh being my updater and all! ^^

    From his little smudge of experience, Potato had learned that a pokémon that was totally terrified by his or her surrounding was not such a blast. So, shortly after his deptature from the Graveyard of the Arcane Realm, Potato had held a poll to see which of the islands his pokémon would not accept. Naturally, however, in the end Omega was the only one who cared, and he said “No”, unfortuanatly, to Arduno, Venom, and Ruin Islands. Sighing at the Sentret’s uncanny ability to disable Potato’s first choices, he asked the others what their choices would be.
    And so, they departed for Ion Island.

    On the ferry, Storm Lake was chosen- all four members of the team seemed to enjoy the water quite a bit, not a one getting sea sick.

    And so, they arrived at Storm Lake.

    Potato walked merrily toward the Lake, Seldon leading the way in her bizarre spin-dance. Tei hopped along, trying to keep pace with Seldon, but could not for his awkwardly small feet.


    FB


  11. #221
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    This zone is now capped. Apologies for the inconvenience, but without another active updator there's not a lot we can do about it for the time being.

    If you've already posted an intro then you'll be updated, but no new members can be taken until further notice.
    Last edited by enchantress; 22nd October 2008 at 08:48 PM.

  12. #222
    Boo! Rabid Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    537

    Default Updates # 2

    I’d like to welcome Lemon~Lime and Furret to the group. Hope you enjoy your adventures here in Cascadia.

    EDIT: Somehow half of the updates were deleted, so some of them may have been changed. If you had already replied, yours didn't change at all.


    Lil’ Psycho – Lithogic RiverReply in red
    You reach your Pokéballs and release your Scyther and your Trapinch. Slice cuts the ropes binding you to the pole and does the same for the other Pokémon tied to poles. Meanwhile, Digga’ uses Sand Attack to put out the fires beneath the poles. You return Digga’ and tell the wild Pokémon to get behind you for protection from the Sableye. The Murkrow pays no heed and flies forward to grab two of the shiniest jewels from the Sableye’s pile before flying out the exit. The Magbies, however, stay behind you, looking fairly frightened. The Sableye, save ten, form into six waves of five Sableye each, each wave is progressively stronger. Two of the largest, meanest looking Sableye guard the door while seven of those that weren’t in a formation ran out the exit to pursue the Murkrow.

    The first wave of Sableye rush forward to attack you. Slice steps forward and stares them all down, freezing the Sableye in place with his Leer. He proceeds to try to quickly attack them, but he moves straight through the Sableye, because, after all, they are ghosts. The Sableye are starting to move again. Slice looks back to you worriedly for orders. The Magbies leap out from behind you and use Helping Hand to power up Slice with a flurry of sparks from their hands.

    What will you do?


    Raunchy Fad – Silver ForestReply in green
    You agree to help to Volbeat find his lover before sundown, prompting a strange happy-sounding noise from the firefly. You look up in the sky to see how much time you have. It’s hard to see with the trees blocking your way, but it’s probably about six hours until sundown. You also notice the Spearow above starting to become restless. The Volbeat notices this too and leads you out of the Spearow’s territory and back to the big tree in the middle. Using charades again, he tells you that he’s followed Illumise’s scent from the sight of the squabble over to here, where it disappears. As you look around for clues, you notice a trail of brush that had been disturbed leading into the forest. It almost looked like someone (or thing) had been dragged through there. After calling Volbeat over there, the two of you decide to follow the path and see where it leads.

    You go into the woods a ways before noticing spider webs strung out all about you. Spinarak hang from many trees just waiting for something to fall into their deadly trap. You turn back towards where you are going, but not in time to avoid a large web. You soon discover that you are unable to free yourself from the sticky string, but you realize you can reach any of your Pokéballs from your position. The Volbeat is next to you also tangled in the web. Two Spinarak dart out from the trees that the web is strung across, and one begins wrapping up your legs in web while the other starts doing the same to Volbeat. A large Ariados walks up towards the web a menacing glare covering its face. Volbeat sees the impending danger and shoots sparks from his hands, helping your Pokémon.

    What will you do?

    Note: Remember that you can utilize two Pokémon in battle. Also I wasn’t sure if Rocky and Bobcat are outside of their Pokéballs, but if they are, they are not trapped in the web.


    Artificial Dragon – Elegy FieldsReply in darkorange
    You begin to leave the house, but decide against quickly out of fear of the spirits along with quilt of abandoning Purple. “Not thinking of ditching are you?” Purple asks, “Heh, you wouldn’t last a minute out there alone, but whatever I don’t care. Kill yourself if you wish to. Swalot, attack!” Swalot dashes forward and attacks the Mismagius. Igneous takes his place in front of the other Mismagius to prove that he can fight just as well as your Baltoy. The Mismagius rushes forward to Tackle Igneous, but the Cyndaquil stares it down until the Ghost-type stops in its tracks, caught up in the Leer. Igneous makes a shield of flames in front of him and then charges recklessly at the Mismagius. The small Fire-type hits Mismagius with his Flare Blitz extremely hard, doing large amounts of damage to Mismagius, but also hurting Igneous for some damage. The little Cyndaquil then blows out much smoke, just as Mismagius begins to move again. The Smokescreen blinds Mismagius when it tries to fire off a Psybeam. The rainbow flies off in every direction, but does not hit your Cyndaquil. Igneous is doing fairly good in the battle so far. He has lost no health but has lost a moderate amount of energy. Mismagius has lost a lot of health and a little bit of energy.

    What will you do?


    allsystemsaredown – Oniero RuinsReply in darkorange
    You make up your mind and tell the captain that you wish to serve the crew rather than leave on a raft. Several cries of “Yo-ho!” arise from the crew. The Aipom seems especially excited that you’re staying on the ship. Everyone else does too, except for the sailor who suggest to send you off on the raft. He stands off to the side with an unhappy look upon his face. The captain calls you to his quarters to explain your new duties to you.

    “Alright, lass, ye shall be our maid now,” he says with his broken, yellow grin, “Ye shall clean the sailors’ quarters an’ do the laundry an’ any other odd job we need ye to do. So, ye can start by swabbin’ the deck. It’s starting to look dingy.” He flashes you another grin before handing you a bucket and a mop.

    You exit the captain’s room but are stopped by another sailor. “Ahoy! I be Mick,” he tells you, “I be a sailor on this ship. Let me give ye a little tour.” He walks you around and gives you the names of many sailors. “The first mat o’er yonder be Michael.” Mick tells you as he points to the man at the bow of the ship who is overseeing all the work. “And that be Pete,” he says as he points to the man in the crow’s nest. You notice the flag is not the Jolly Roger; therefore, you must not be on a pirate ship. “Over there be Mr. Bumpers. He be the navigator on this ‘ere ship,” Mick says as he motions to a small old man in the corner reading a map. “And over there be Johnny and Cornwallis,” Mick says as he points to the man who made who made the suggestion for you to be the swabby and the man who wanted to send you off on a raft, respectively.

    After mopping the deck, you are allowed to retire to your quarters, a small corner of the cargo hold. You have a moment of peace before a large crash breaks the calm. You and the Aipom quickly head outside to investigate. The entire crew, even the captain, is outside with weapons surrounding a Gyrados. A small section of the boat was missing and the Gyrados had fresh blood on its teeth. You also notice that a sailor is missing from the group. The Gyrados uses Ice Beam and freezes the entire crew and half the ship. You and the Aipom are the only ones left unfrozen. Your Pokéballs are all still intact also.

    What will you do?


    Furret – Storm LakeReply in yellow
    You arrive an Ion Island and immediately depart for Storm Lake. Upon entering the area around the electrically-charged lake. It's very peaceful all around the lake. A herd of Mareep relax in the shade by the shore. Two Elekids play in the shallow water. A school of Lanturn and Chinchou swim around a boat docked right off the shore. Pachirisu nibbles on a Oran Berry in the top branches of a tree. Suddenly several loud splashes interrupt the tranquility. Cries of 'Help! Help!" rise over the splashes. You hurry over to a cliff that hangs over the lake. A girl of about seventeen in a beautiful white dress and sunhat, stands at the edge of the cliff looking over the lake where you see a Pichu flailing about in the deep water. "Help me please! My poor Pichu fell in the lkae and it can't swim! I would jump in, but I can't swim either!" You instinctively start to jump but the girl stops you, "Wait! the lake is electircally charged! If you get in it, you'll be paralyzed and drown! Please find a way to help my poor Pichu! Please, I beg of you!"

    What will you do?


    Lemon~Lime – Salin CityReply in silver
    You head to Salin City after a ferry ride from the Arcane Realm and, after arriving, head to the park in order to find someone to battle. In the park you see many people, but most are just joggers, people walking their Pokémon, or couples enjoying a picnic. You notice a boy of about 17 in a large tan trenchcoat wearing a red beret who is rummaging through a garbage can. You approach him to ask for a battle. “Gotta find it or the boss will have my he- What do you want?” he asks. You explain that you want a battle. “Sure I never turn down an easy challenge,” he sneers. The boy pulls a Psychic Ball out of his coat and releases a Kadabra. The boy then takes notice of your Pokémon. He looks at Scorpio, then at Klaus, before his gaze settles on Orion. “Hmm… How about we make this interesting? If you win you can keep my Kadabra, but if I win, I’ll take your Magnemite. Yes? No? Maybe? Well how about I sweeten the deal? I’ll also give you a Ditto. That’s right the ultra rare Pokémon. Here take a look-see; it’s the real deal,” the boy says. He throws you a Pokéball that opens in midair and reveals the pink blob-like Pokémon. “So what do you say?”

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Rabid Squirrel; 2nd November 2008 at 09:20 AM.

  13. #223
    Endless. Endless. J. S. Köttbulle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aboard a black ship
    Posts
    1,584
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Squirrel View Post
    allsystemsaredown – Oniero RuinsReply in darkorange
    You make up your mind and tell the captain that you wish to serve the crew rather than leave on a raft. Several cries of “Yo-ho!” arise from the crew. The Aipom seems especially excited that you’re staying on the ship. Everyone else does too, except for the sailor who suggest to send you off on the raft. He stands off to the side with an unhappy look upon his face. The captain calls you to his quarters to explain your new duties to you.

    “Alright, lass, ye shall be our maid now,” he says with his broken, yellow grin, “Ye shall clean the sailors’ quarters an’ do the laundry an’ any other odd job we need ye to do. So, ye can start by swabbin’ the deck. It’s starting to look dingy.” He flashes you another grin before handing you a bucket and a mop.

    You exit the captain’s room but are stopped by another sailor. “Ahoy! I be Mick,” he tells you, “I be a sailor on this ship. Let me give ye a little tour.” He walks you around and gives you the names of many sailors. “The first mat o’er yonder be Michael.” Mick tells you as he points to the man at the bow of the ship who is overseeing all the work. “And that be Pete,” he says as he points to the man in the crow’s nest. You notice the flag is not the Jolly Roger; therefore, you must not be on a pirate ship. “Over there be Mr. Bumpers. He be the navigator on this ‘ere ship,” Mick says as he motions to a small old man in the corner reading a map. “And over there be Johnny and Cornwallis,” Mick says as he points to the man who made who made the suggestion for you to be the swabby and the man who wanted to send you off on a raft, respectively.

    After mopping the deck, you are allowed to retire to your quarters, a small corner of the cargo hold. You have a moment of peace before a large crash breaks the calm. You and the Aipom quickly head outside to investigate. The entire crew, even the captain, is outside with weapons surrounding a Gyrados. A small section of the boat was missing and the Gyrados had fresh blood on its teeth. You also notice that a sailor is missing from the group. The Gyrados uses Ice Beam and freezes the entire crew and half the ship. You and the Aipom are the only ones left unfrozen. Your Pokéballs are all still intact also.

    What will you do?
    The girl saw the Gyarados and looked around at the towering, frozen wasteland that was her ship. Over and over again, she'd been told she was bad luck, and now she was starting to believe it. The being towered over the girl, who was struggling to maintain her composition before going insane. She knew that Torchlight and Volante were not fit to fight the beast before her, but they were her only hopes. "Torchlight! Volante!" She threw her pair of Poké Balls, out came a Cyndaquil and a Pidgey respectively. "Torchlight! Two Smokescreens, then Tackle it! Volante, Tackle it three times!"
    Fizzy Bubbles
    - Jovi's Lament - Fantastic Voyage!? - Mother And Child - Teenager Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Reality -
    A person is not defined by their tastes, rather it is the other way 'round.

  14. #224
    ANGELIC PWNZINATON, GO!!! Lemon~Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Somewhere.
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Squirrel View Post
    I’d like to welcome Lemon~Lime and Furret to the group. Hope you enjoy your adventures here in Cascadia.

    Lemon~Lime – Salin CityReply in silver
    You head to Salin City after a ferry ride from the Arcane Realm and, after arriving, head to the park in order to find someone to battle. In the park you see many people, but most are just joggers, people walking their Pokémon, or couples enjoying a picnic. You notice a boy of about 17 in a large tan trenchcoat wearing a red beret who is rummaging through a garbage can. You approach him to ask for a battle. “Gotta find it or the boss will have my he- What do you want?” he asks. You explain that you want a battle. “Sure I never turn down an easy challenge,” he sneers. The boy pulls a Psychic Ball out of his coat and releases a Kadabra. The boy then takes notice of your Pokémon. He looks at Scorpio, then at Klaus, before his gaze settles on Orion. “Hmm… How about we make this interesting? If you win you can keep my Kadabra, but if I win, I’ll take your Magnemite. Yes? No? Maybe? Well how about I sweeten the deal? I’ll also give you a Ditto. That’s right the ultra rare Pokémon. Here take a look-see; it’s the real deal,” the boy says. He throws you a Pokéball that opens in midair and reveals the pink blob-like Pokémon. “So what do you say?”

    What will you do?
    Mike sighed in dismay as the 11th potential battler he had talked to turned out to be just another man walking his Poocheyena. Scorpio was getting bored, Orion's single eye was starting to droop, and Klaus, who was especially itching to battle, had started nibbling on Mike's arm in search of something to do. Suddenly, he caught a glimpse of a teenager wearing a red beret and tan trenchcoat rummaging through a trash can. He looked rough, he looked tough-and more importantly, he had Pokeballs.

    Almost immediately, Mike ran over to the teen, who was muttering to himself. "Gotta find it or the boss will have my he-" The boy noticed Mike and turned around to face him. "What do you want?", he asked. Mike explained about how he was looking for a battle. "Sure," he said, sneering. "I never turn down an easy challenge." He then pulled out a Psychic Ball (Mike "oooooh"d in his head about the fancy Pokeball) and released a Kadabra. His eye wandered toward Mike's Pokemon, inspecting them. Mike could have sworn that the boy was eyeing Orion rather suspiciously. He then spoke up. “Hmm… How about we make this interesting? If you win you can keep my Kadabra, but if I win, I’ll take your Magnemite. Yes? No? Maybe? Well how about I sweeten the deal? I’ll also give you a Ditto. That’s right the ultra rare Pokémon. Here take a look-see; it’s the real deal.”

    He threw another Pokeball into the air, this time releasing a pinkish blob that Mike knew to be a Ditto. “So what do you say?”, said the boy. He gasped at the prospect of obtaining not only a Kadabra, but also the ultra-rare Ditto! However, Mike certainly didn't want to let Orion go to some unscrupulous teenager, who, in all likelihood, belonged to Team Rocket or some other shady organization, judging by his outfit and manner. But a Ditto?! He then decided to do something he might later regret. He said "Okay." Orion turned toward him, eye wide open in both fear and shock. "Don't worry, Orion, buddy. I won't lose to the likes of him." He then turned toward the boy and said, "If you cheat or this turns out to be an unfair fight...Well, don't say I didn't warn you."

    Since Klaus was practically gnawing his arm off by now, Mike decided it would be best to use him. "Klaus! Stop eating my arm and get in there! Start off with a Leer, then Scratch and Thunderbolt in rapid succession. Try to avoid being hit or incapacitated along the way." Klaus nodded and walked onto the makeshift battlefield, ready and raring to go for his first battle.


    Rabid Squirrel-Thanks for updating. ;D
    ~FB~
    Only available online on the weekends and holidays (Friday, Saturday Sunday). Sorry for any inconveniences.

  15. #225
    Where the miis are at. Lil' Psycho.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where you can't find me.
    Posts
    976
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Squirrel View Post

    Lil’ Psycho – Lithogic RiverReply in red
    You reach your Pokéballs and release your Scyther and your Trapinch. Slice cuts the ropes binding you to the pole and does the same for the other Pokémon tied to poles. Meanwhile, Digga’ uses Sand Attack to put out the fires beneath the poles. You return Digga’ and tell the wild Pokémon to get behind you for protection from the Sableye. The Murkrow pays no heed and flies forward to grab two of the shiniest jewels from the Sableye’s pile before flying out the exit. The Magbies, however, stay behind you, looking fairly frightened. The Sableye, save ten, form into six waves of five Sableye each, each wave is progressively stronger. Two of the largest, meanest looking Sableye guard the door while seven of those that weren’t in a formation ran out the exit to pursue the Murkrow.

    The first wave of Sableye rush forward to attack you. Slice steps forward and stares them all down, freezing the Sableye in place with his Leer. He proceeds to try to quickly attack them, but he moves straight through the Sableye, because, after all, they are ghosts. The Sableye are starting to move again. Slice looks back to you worriedly for orders. The Magbies leap out from behind you and use Helping Hand to power up Slice with a flurry of sparks from their hands.

    What will you do?
    There's thirty five of them, what's the limit on how much pokemon I can use?

    "Holy crap! This is turning really ugly really fast..." Tyson's head was methodically getting filled with ideas on what to do real;ly quickly. "Wait, That it! Theres too many for just Slice! Come on Freeze and Thunderfuzz! Reaching for his belt Tyson pulled out the spheres housing Freeze, Tyson's white Weavile and his sugar addict hyperactive squirrel: Thunderfuzz. "Look guys were surrounded, there's no way out and we have little time to defeat them before even more Sableyes return from the chase.Those Magbies are helping us with that Helping Hand, take advantage of it." Tyson looked at the Magbies, thankful for their help. "Keep it up little dudes, you'll thank us later."

    "What I want you to do Freeze, is simple: use Ice Beam to spread Ice around the ground and arround them if their movement is impaired we might have an advantage. While hes doing that I want you, Thunderfuzz, to get to the center of that mob and Spark the hell out of them, then get out before they can get you. That should not only hit most of them but it will help us out in the longrun. Freeze, what I want you to do next is to tauntthem in then when they're in range hit them with the best punishmentyou can muster. Thunderfuzz, when you're back here start off a Shadow Ball and shoot it across the rows of Sableye. Slice: fall back and defend the Magbies any way you can."

    Incidentally, does foresight work for all pokemon or just the user?

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •