Cascadia's Recorded History - Page 12

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascadia's Recorded History

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri the Third View Post
    Another update for you, my dear. And, theddieboy, I'll reply soon. I just had this ready and wanted to post it quick.

~Ruin Island~

Ordial Shrine; Arc_Angel – (I hope you don’t mind me doing a little speaking on Stacey’s behalf. I just need to do this to keep this explanation from lasting 3 updates instead of 1.)

“Oh, I guess it would be appropriate to explain such a thing to a foreigner. That shrine was built by my ancestors generations ago to worship the Great Spirit Girtinia. Ever since its construction, a creature, human or Pokémon, was sacrificed to it when the sun was high in the sky. This ritual has become daily life for us, and symbolizes the circle of life and death that is constantly flowing through this great land. Usually, the sacrifices were voluntary, as it is considered a great honor to ascend into the Nether Realm under Girtinia’s guide. Inversely, we also see Cressila as a Great Spirit of Life. The legend states Cressila lives in the moon and watches over all of us. When a baby born, a piece of the moon falls from the sky and brings the baby to life. A temple was constructed in her honor, called Amor Temple. It is said that if either Girtinia or Cressila is corrupted, the other can come and purify it.

Stacey sits a moment and absorbs the new information.

“Why were you in such a hurry to get away from the shrine?” Stacey asks.

“Well, lately, being on that shrine isn’t the safest thing. While it was always generally not a good idea to ascend it if you weren’t going to execute or be executed, some governmental corruption has made it even worse. Not too long ago, King Amadoro came into power, and his policies haven’t been the cleanest. Some people have disappeared from their homes suddenly and shown up on the chopping block later, and, while the disappearances are seemingly random, there is one connection, their loyalty to Amadoro’s father, King Benolico. Although nothing is confirmed, it’s generally assumed that Amadoro overthrew his benevolent father in a twisted power play. When he sacrificed his own father to Girtinia, it was blatantly obvious that the handing down of the crown was not a spotless ordeal.

“Recently, there have been some… questionable sacrifices to Girtinia though. Many people who were thought to be missing have shown up on the chopping stone to die. The cover story is often that the new king imposed a new system which involves a variety of rituals that his father supposedly composed but never initiated, which accounts for their absences. He’s been using this ritual as an extermination tool which he can use at his whim to destroy threats while striking fear into anyone who may rise up and diverting anyone who is ignorant to his true motives.”

“Amadoro has been bad for us. Now, soldiers line the streets and anyone who is suspected of prior loyalty is in danger of death. Many people close to all of us were pulled into this horrible whirlwind of death, corruption and deception. In fact…” Ranjona paused momentarily, holding back a sniffle.

“My… my father and brother were both sacrificed by Amadoro.”

Stacey, moved by the story, offers a consoling hand.

“No, it’s… it’s ok. I’m where I am today because of it, and I know it’s for the better. You see, many people have suspected that he is not only corrupting his government, but Girtinia as well. We’ve all formed resistance we secretly refer to as ‘The Full Moon’ to try and overthrow Amadoro’s corrupt government. Our final goal is to summon Cressila, free Girtinia, and defeat Amadoro.” Ranjona paused momentarily, likely to give Stacey a moment to soak all of this information in.

“We have a safely guarded hideout not too far from here. We could use all the help we can muster. Would you help our endeavor?” Ranjona asked, a hopeful look filling her expression.
    Yey another update ^-^ and for the sake of moving the story along I don't mind.

Stacey trained her sapphire orbs on Ranjona's own, hoping to recieve an answer for all her questions. She had been drug away from that shrine, the reason that she had come to this small island and she wanted to know why. She could still feel the shrine calling to her now, like her organs were being softly tugged in one direction and it was unnerving, something that this strong-willed ghost trainer was not used to.

Ranjona oblidged and proceeding to tell the tale of the shrine, built in honor of the God of all ghosts, Giratina. Stacey felt her intrigue rise at the mention of the legend of all ghost pokemon and listened on for more of the tale. She explained how ritual sacrifices were performed, all the cases willing, happy to ascend into the nether realm to meet a greater fate. The humanity roared inside of Stacey, angry at the thought of such practice but she knew that a person chose their own fate and had seen much worse things befall a person along her travels. Along with the psychic legend Cressila, another God they worshiped the two pokemon seemed part of these people's religion, one in trune with life and the other with death and should one become corrupted by any means the other would provide nourishing purity. A temple had been erected in their honor not far off and Stacey silently hoped that she could visit it when she had the time.

Sitting down on a cold hard rock next to the cavern wall Stacey let all this new information sink in, her head tilting in that fashion when she was deep in thought. The next question rolled off her tongue easily before she had much time to contemplate it,

"Why were you in such a hurry to get away from the shrine?" she asked with a hint of bitterness lacing her voice though it was not intentional.

Ranjona seemed to ponder over her words before she spoke. She explained how being seen on that shrine, especially with how things were right now was a foolish idea and could lead to an untimely death. A new heir to the kingdom's throne had been chosen, King Amadoro and since his reign several people had one missing only to wind up dead days later. He had even sacrificed his own own father to Giratina apparantly in an effort to be crowned king. Stacey frowned, it sounded like some of their information was based on assumptions but she couldn't deny that it sounded suspicious. What sort of man would sacrifice their own father?

It seemed that recently the ritual sacrifices had become less optional and more enforced; with more people going missing only to be sacrificed soon after. Ranjona added with hatred lining her voice that he was meerly using this as a tool, a means to an end to eliminate all threats to the throne and instill fear into the hearts of his people. His soldiers lined the streets searching for someone, anyone that would rebel and snatch them for the sacrifice.

Ranjona's voice became small and she held back a sniffle as she told Stacey that her own father and brother had been sacrificed at that blood covered alter. Stacey felt her gaze soften as she placed a comforting hand on the older womans' shoulder, she knew exactly what it was like to have family murdered, she had lost her mother, father and brother in an arson attack years ago but the wounds still felt fresh and tore at her.

Ranjona composed herself and continued her story, telling her of a group that they had formed, a resistance called 'The Full Moon' with their main goal being to overthrow their corrupt king and ultimately summon Cressila to help free Giratina, ending her story there.

Stacey found her mind a swirl of thought and she ran one pale hand through her dark locks, making sense of all she had just been told. It seemed that she had somehow found herself drawn into the beginnings of an all out war between a corrupt king and his people. Did she really want to interfere with such matters? Was it her place to?

Interupting her thoughts Ranjona posed a question of her own to the young woman,

“We have a safely guarded hideout not too far from here. We could use all the help we can muster. Would you help our endeavor?” she asked with a hopeful voice.

Stacey's frown deepened wrinkling up her smooth skin, that was alot to ask a stranger. How did Ranjona know she could trust her? How did she knew that she was not a spy? Maybe she was the trusting kind or maybe Stacey just looked so different it was impossible for her to be anything other than a stranger. Stacey was not sure she wanted to get involved in all this, but dark though niggled at the back of her mind. To get back to the shore to leave on the cruise ship that would not return for many days she would have to return to the shrine, one that she now knew was guarded by soliders loyal to an evil, manipulative King intent on slaughtering anyone he could, that would be her fate should she chose that path.

On the other hand she was so very intrigued at the possibility of seeing two legends, especially Giratina. It was after all a ghost and knowing that it was 'captured' and being abused for such sickening purposes made her blood boil. She could not tolerate such actions towards her kin.

Locking eyes that shone with silent determination with Ranjona once more Stacey began to speak.

"You have spoke of so much to me in such a short space of time that I feel I am still processing it all. I am sorry to hear of what your king has done to you but, and forgive me for saying this, is it really my place to interfere? I am a stranger from an entirely different world, why should alter the course of action here? But, I have been brought here by some force I know nothing of, maybe this is fate, I cannot say ..."

Pausing as she thought over her next words she shook her hair loose from her hood and spoke once more.

"I will accompany you to your safehouse. I am intrigued to hear more about your situation and the plight of the legends of ghost and psychic pokemon. I feel that I need to be here for some reason and our meeting may be more than meer coincidence. I will offer what help I can in what way I feel is right." she says in a diplomatic fashion awaiting Ranjona's response.
    Last edited by Arc_Angel; 5th November 2007 at 02:13 PM. Reason: rather unfortunate typo made that sentence far more rude than intended XD
    FB Hellions: P.C:

Let yourself go, let the fear in you show, for we are all alone, till the cold force of death soaks us to the bone

Quote Originally Posted by thed3 View Post
    Let me give a warm welcome back to Wayne! And a big welcome to Jerichi! Hope you guys have fun and Happy Halloween!

Wayne – Ion Island Reply in Yellow Repost
    Dante's ears prick up as they hear your voice giving him orders. The Croconaw dashing towards Dante is soon met with a Swift attack. The stars race past Croconaw and hit its body and disappear like magic. Croconaw feeling the pain stops and glares at Dante. Dante unfazed gives a big Howl in order to strengthen himself and his confidence. Croconaw seemingly affected by the Howl decides not to go in close and instead only does Water Gun which hits Dante in the chest. Dante weak to Water attacks gives off a yelp in surprise as he is pushed back, but he manages to stay on all four paws.

"Hey! What are you doing Crocronaw that wasn't the plan! Oh well let's show them how special we really are. Start off with a Thunder Wave to get the electricity in that pup pumping. I want you to follow up with a Spark-Thunderpunch combo!"

You wonder to yourself how Crocronaw would be able to pull off the Electric attacks being a pure Water type. But, then Crocronaw's body begins to give off a yellow aura. What will you do?
    Thanks thed. I'll try to reply more frequently and better from now on. ^^;

Wayne looked at the small dark pup as he Howled to boost his attack power and felt a little more confident himself. Quickly moving his eyes from the Houndour, Wayne looked at the Croconaw as it released a jet of water from it's mouth toward Houndour. As the water attack made contact with the pup, Wayne gritted his teeth slightly as he could only imagine how the fiery pokemon took the attack.

"Hey! What are you doing Crocronaw that wasn't the plan! Oh well let's show them how special we really are. Start off with a Thunder Wave to get the electricity in that pup pumping. I want you to follow up with a Spark-Thunderpunch combo!" As the trainer finished giving his pokemon his instructions Wayne looked at the Croconaw as he began to glow a yellow color on its watery skin.

"Dante! Shake off that last attack and then use a Swift attack towards the Croconaw. Try to dodge his attacks and after that use Smog on the Croconaw, get away and engulf it in a Fire Spin while in the Smog!" The hound quickly nodded and shook off the water off it's skin as it went into an attack stance ready for the next round.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by betagold View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by S_M View Post
    Lily Island
    With a totally different landscape from the first, Lily Island is the second largest of the archipelago. Completely covered with vegetation, this island was also formed by a volcano. However, erosion has taken this island down to almost flat, and giving many homes to all types of grass and bug Pokemon among others. Inside the dense jungle, which takes up about a half of the island, there is a very small lake. There are two different forests on the island, and you can tell when you've gone from one forest to another. Besides being divided by the Diamond River, some strange force causes them to have completely different climates as well...
    The Silver Forest - The forest which takes up a bit more than half of the island, Silver Island is named for the silver veins the leaves are adorned with. A deciduous forest, you'll mainly see flying and bug types here, due to the lack of ground vegetation. There is a rest stop somewhere in the forest, helping trainers on their way.
    (Finally decided where I wanted to go)
    Beka stepped onto the shores of Lily Island, breathing in the fresh air. He released Montag, his Houndour, from his pokeball, and bent down to pet him. "Hey boy, we're here! Lily Island. It's amazing, isn't it?" Montag responded with a few short barks of joy, for he hadn't been out of his pokeball for some time now. "Alright, Montag! Off we go to The Silver Forest!

(I'm assuming that there are still open slots?)
    (Are there stil open slots?)

Default Instance 9

Here you go my awesome updatees!

Wayne – Ion Island Reply in yellow
    Your Houndour shakes its fur off to get rid of any water from the last attack. The Crocronaw opens up its claws and electric tendrils fly through the air towards Dante. Dante opens his mouth and Swift stars hit the Crocronaw. Fortunately its concentration was broken and the Thunder wave was unable to hit Dante. The crocodilian pokemon races over to Dante in a full body tackle motion. Just as it reaches Dante the Crocronaws body glows an intense yellow and its body is covered in electric energy. The Spark attack hits and causes Dante to fly back a bit and he retaliates with a Smog attack as the Crocronaw once again approaches but with a Thunderpunch ready. The Smog cloud engulfs Crocronaw and it tries to strike Dante, but misses. With fire energy in his mouth Dante releases a Fire Spin tornado, which surrounds Crocronaw and the Smog. Just as it seems things are going your way suddenly the Smog and Fire Spin seem to be lifted off the ground. You see the Crocronaw looking up with its jaws wide open and you see that it is using a Whirlpool attack to lift the attacks. The Fire Spin and Smog slowly dissipate due to the Water.

“Great job Crocronaw! Now get in there and Bite down on it!”
    Crocronaw opens its massive jaws up and runs towards Dante, but it is suddenly shocked by an attack from the sky. You and the other trainer look up to look for the source of the attack. You see a horizontally floating Magneton with a man in camouflage seemingly floating between the three combined Magnemites. The other trainer sneers at the man.

“Well if it isn’t our hometown hero Lt. Surge! What, you realized Vermilion City wasn’t as great as you thought!”

Hearing the name Lt. Surge makes you think for awhile, realizing that it sounds familiar. You finally remember that there is a gym leader by the exact same name at Vermilioin City. He too used Electric types and of course as a gym leader is considered an elite pokemon trainer. You wonder what he is doing here when he should be back at Vermilion City taking gym challenges. The Magneton suddenly floats rapidly down towards the ground and Lt. Surge says, “Magneton let’s go! Thunderbolt then Tri-Attack on that Crocronaw.” Seems like he’s attacking the other trainer.

What will you do?

Jonouchi - Elegy Fields Reply in orange
    Cursing beneath your breath at the situation you think of what to do as Kaio looks to you for guidance as well as making you think faster as he profusely sweats at the thought of being cooked alive even if he is a Water and Ground type. You give orders to Kaio to disrupt Houndour and then get rid of the fire. Kaio faces the Houndour with the charging Shadowball and hacks up a big loogey of mud at the dog with a Mud Shot. The Houndour fires the Shadowball and the attacks hit each other. The attacks explode causing the mud to spray all over the place actually killing a bit of the fire on the hay as well as distracting the Houndour with more mud on its face. Kaio acts fast on the fire as well using a spray of Muddy Water to kill the fire totally. You speak your concerns to Cade and he looks around at the situation.

“Alright kiddo as long as the center pole of the tent is fine the whole tent will be good. But, just in case…” Cade looks to Machoke with Growlithe in its grasp. “Seismic Toss Machoke!” Machoke begins to spin around and hurls the Growlithe out of the tent as Cade and Machoke follow it outside.

Houndour still inside the tent charges at Kaio baring its teeth, but just as it launches itself at Kaio your Swampert lifts up his arm and slams it down on the Houndour's back with a Hammer Arm. The dog yelps in pain and as it hits the ground it turns into a cloud of leaves. Shocked that the Houndour turned into leaves just like the Arcanine from before you remember Cade and you and Kaio run out of the tent. You see that Machoke is handling itself very well against the Growlithe, but out of the corner of your eye you see something. Around the corner of the large tent you see a faint red glow and what seems to be the same Vulpix from before. Its eyes glow blue and you hear a voice within your head, "Mister, please find my treasure. You are so close right now. Please, hurry!" The Vulpix disappears and Machoke Karate Chops the Growlithe into the ground with the same effect of it turning into leaves. Cade wipes his forehead off with sweat on his hand and he approaches you. But, before he says anything a large burly young man runs up to you.

"Oh, thank goodness! Are you alright Cade?"
    "Yes, Mr. Manager."
    You wonder who this Mr. Manager is and he introduces himself to you and thanks you. He is the manager of the entire circus and tells you to call him Mr. Manager as well since everyone else at the circus does. You eye him up and down and he wears a sharp looking tuxedo and he holds a pokeball in his hand seemingly ready for battle.

"Well thank you once again Ricco for protecting the circus while I was away. I have brought some more supplies so I hope to see you around the circus helping out with that as well. But, onto more important business. Cade I found something a little peculiar around here while I was returning. I'd like for you to see it, you can come along with us as well Ricco." With that Cade and Mr. Manager look at you waiting for a reply.

What will you do?

Lee-san - Salin City Reply in silver
    With the Surskits movement stopped by the log momentarily you give Guts his new set of orders and he gives a loud “Geo!” in confirmation. He balls up his fists and pounds the ground directly. With each punch to the ground the ground splits open causing the tunnel that Guts dug up before to collapse. Surskit caught off guard nearly falls into one of the cracks caused by the Magnitude. Guts takes this oppurtunity to float swiftly towards Surskit and Thunderpunches the small bug pokemon. It looked like an effective attack, but you hear Swarms yell out his own commands to Surskit, “Surskit use consecutive Bubblebeams!” Surskit blows streams of bubbles at Guts, but thankfully Guts Light Screen takes the attack. Surskit blows once again and finally the Light Screen cracks and dissipates causing Guts to get hit by a couple of the high-speed bubbles. Looks like Guts finally took some real damage, but also dealt some good damage on Surskit as well. Both pokemon are beginning to tire a bit as they both are sweating. The arena has taken some massive damage this round the ground has multiple cracks all over the place with a significant one in the middle of the arena going about half way down the length of the arena thanks to the collapsed tunnel.

Swarms calls out to Surskit, “Alright buddy let’s travel around the arena by skating and fill the arena with a Sweet Scent. If it tries to disrupt your skating use your momentum and jump into the air and Ice Beam it!”

What will you do?

Jerichi – The Red Forest Reply in green
    “Hah! Vermin like you and your pokemon are the bane of my existence!” the woman screams at you.

She whips you as you try to cover yourself up with just your arms and hands. The cracking sound is simultaneous with the hits upon your body and arms and the pain you feel is immense. You wonder how much longer she can go when you hear a voice from behind you.

The voice screams, “Stop you witch!”

You tumble backwards and you look behind you to see a woman running towards you and the woman. You recognize the woman immediately since she and her extended family patrol the pokemon world keeping the justice. Yes, it’s Officer Jenny to your rescue! The savage woman flips backwards and goes into a battle stance as Officer Jenny throws a pokeball at the woman. The savage woman whips the pokeball away, but just as here whip makes contact with the ball, the ball opens up and a Hitmonlee is immediately using a Jump Kick technique. The fighting pokemon’s legs extend to cover the distance between it and the savage woman. The woman dodges with expertise and jumps into a tree. Suddenly her eyes turn a dark black as she raises her arms above her head. Suddenly dark energy is swirling within her hands and she gives off a maniacal laugh.

Officer Jenny looks to you and says, “Hurry boy I’m going to need your help against this woman!”

What will you do?

Togisumase! Kemono No Yaiba!
    Hibike! Kemono No Sakebi!
    Tagire! Kemono No Chikara!
    Bisuto On! HA!

FB | | PC | DT

Blog Entries

Jonouchi - Elegy Fields Reply in orange
    Cursing beneath your breath at the situation you think of what to do as Kaio looks to you for guidance as well as making you think faster as he profusely sweats at the thought of being cooked alive even if he is a Water and Ground type. You give orders to Kaio to disrupt Houndour and then get rid of the fire. Kaio faces the Houndour with the charging Shadowball and hacks up a big loogey of mud at the dog with a Mud Shot. The Houndour fires the Shadowball and the attacks hit each other. The attacks explode causing the mud to spray all over the place actually killing a bit of the fire on the hay as well as distracting the Houndour with more mud on its face. Kaio acts fast on the fire as well using a spray of Muddy Water to kill the fire totally. You speak your concerns to Cade and he looks around at the situation.

“Alright kiddo as long as the center pole of the tent is fine the whole tent will be good. But, just in case…” Cade looks to Machoke with Growlithe in its grasp. “Seismic Toss Machoke!” Machoke begins to spin around and hurls the Growlithe out of the tent as Cade and Machoke follow it outside.

Houndour still inside the tent charges at Kaio baring its teeth, but just as it launches itself at Kaio your Swampert lifts up his arm and slams it down on the Houndour's back with a Hammer Arm. The dog yelps in pain and as it hits the ground it turns into a cloud of leaves. Shocked that the Houndour turned into leaves just like the Arcanine from before you remember Cade and you and Kaio run out of the tent. You see that Machoke is handling itself very well against the Growlithe, but out of the corner of your eye you see something. Around the corner of the large tent you see a faint red glow and what seems to be the same Vulpix from before. Its eyes glow blue and you hear a voice within your head, "Mister, please find my treasure. You are so close right now. Please, hurry!" The Vulpix disappears and Machoke Karate Chops the Growlithe into the ground with the same effect of it turning into leaves. Cade wipes his forehead off with sweat on his hand and he approaches you. But, before he says anything a large burly young man runs up to you.

"Oh, thank goodness! Are you alright Cade?"
    "Yes, Mr. Manager."
    You wonder who this Mr. Manager is and he introduces himself to you and thanks you. He is the manager of the entire circus and tells you to call him Mr. Manager as well since everyone else at the circus does. You eye him up and down and he wears a sharp looking tuxedo and he holds a pokeball in his hand seemingly ready for battle.

"Well thank you once again Ricco for protecting the circus while I was away. I have brought some more supplies so I hope to see you around the circus helping out with that as well. But, onto more important business. Cade I found something a little peculiar around here while I was returning. I'd like for you to see it, you can come along with us as well Ricco." With that Cade and Mr. Manager look at you waiting for a reply.

What will you do?
    As Ricco watches the battle rage on, Kaio swings down on his foe with all of his might, but all of a sudden, the Houndour turns to leaves. Ricco was shocked that this was a fake after all, but why didn't it go away after one hit like the Arcanine did? He and Kaio rush outside to see Cade fight the Growlithe, hoping that it would be a fake as well. Suddenly he sees the same Vulpix as before looking at him, eyes blue and bright.

"Mister, please find my treasure. You are so close right now. Please, hurry!"

Ricco wonders what this treasure is, but it soon vanishes.

"Wait, who are...you..."

Before he can get an answer, it was gone. He looks at the battle as he sees the Growlithe fade in the same manner as the Houndour. Ricco was lucky that these were still fakes, but he can't lighten up yet. This place still wasn't safe for relaxation, not until everyone else is gone. Suddenly a man, who he found out was the head of the group, rushes over to Cade and helps him out. Ricco looks back at where Vulpix was, but he still had a lot on his mind.

"Treasure...what does he mean?" he thought. "And who is he?"

The man then walks over to him and introduces himself as Mr. Manager to him. Ricco listened to him talk till he mentions "something a little peculiar." Ricco had one thought about that.

"The treasure?" Ricco said softly to himself.

He shakes his head when he was asked to go with him.

"Sure, I'd be glad to." he said. "But what exactly is this "Pecuiliar" thing you're talking about?"

Hoping to get a response, he still wonders about who that Vulpix is. The treasure was, according to Vulpix, nearby. He wonders if it's in the vicinity of the Circus. Or maybe Mr. Manager has it. Either way, he had to find it, for that Vulpix. Whatever the reason may be for doing this sudden task.

The Sinnoh Battle Frontier is among them, and an old foe is back for revenge. With Rain's new companions, as well as some old friends by his side, can he win this challenge and stop Shinsei Muto before it's too late?
    Updated Tuesdays and Fridays
    Don't forget the other two. LoS is long, so be sure to have plenty of free time. =)
    Legends of Sinnoh|Shadow Apocalypse

Lee-san - Salin City Reply in silver
    With the Surskits movement stopped by the log momentarily you give Guts his new set of orders and he gives a loud “Geo!” in confirmation. He balls up his fists and pounds the ground directly. With each punch to the ground the ground splits open causing the tunnel that Guts dug up before to collapse. Surskit caught off guard nearly falls into one of the cracks caused by the Magnitude. Guts takes this oppurtunity to float swiftly towards Surskit and Thunderpunches the small bug pokemon. It looked like an effective attack, but you hear Swarms yell out his own commands to Surskit, “Surskit use consecutive Bubblebeams!” Surskit blows streams of bubbles at Guts, but thankfully Guts Light Screen takes the attack. Surskit blows once again and finally the Light Screen cracks and dissipates causing Guts to get hit by a couple of the high-speed bubbles. Looks like Guts finally took some real damage, but also dealt some good damage on Surskit as well. Both pokemon are beginning to tire a bit as they both are sweating. The arena has taken some massive damage this round the ground has multiple cracks all over the place with a significant one in the middle of the arena going about half way down the length of the arena thanks to the collapsed tunnel.

Swarms calls out to Surskit, “Alright buddy let’s travel around the arena by skating and fill the arena with a Sweet Scent. If it tries to disrupt your skating use your momentum and jump into the air and Ice Beam it!”

What will you do?
    Lee sighed with relief as finally one of Guts' attacks connected and dealt some good damage to Surskit..finally, this battle wasn't looking so bad anymore. But they still had ways to go if they wanted to win..and the young trainer was gonna make sure that was going to happen no matter what.
    Warms' latest commands worried him a bit however - even though the ground of the arena was full of cracks, Surskit was still gonna attempt to skate. Lee was having second thoughts about his ground disruption-strategy; maybe this was gonna affect him more than Warms? What if his next Pokemon was able to fly? That'd sure give him an advantage over Lee's non-fliers..
    Lee quickly shook his head to clear his head of these thoughts. He had to focus on the match at hand, not on what might happen later..and he had to believe in his strategy. He'd prove that Guts was a match for the gym leader's Pokemon, in every aspect.
    Lee raised his voice so that it reached his Geodude. "Okay Guts, if it wants to race around the arena, we'll do just the same - play a game of tag, if you will. Use Rollout to follow Surskit around on its skating tracks and try to hit it - but avoid the large crack in the middle of the arena. Finally, get in close again and smack it with your best Stone Edge!"

Default Update #1

So, betagold, you're in my group ^-^ Enjoy~

Lily Island - Please reply in DarkGreen

Betagold: As you and Montag step onto Lily Island, you decide to head to the Silver Forest. Montag gives a few barks of excitement and you yourself feel excited as to what you may encounter. You begin to walk in the direction of the forest. Although at first you can’t tell which forest you’re in, you begin to realise you’ve reached the Silver Forest as the trees seemingly begin to sparkle under the sunlight. Upon closer inspection, you see the leaves have silver veins.

As you continue to look, you hear a faint buzzing sound behind you. You then hear Montag barking wildly to get your attention. You finally turn around and see a Beedrill attacking a Ledyba. Beedrill is jabbing wildly with Twinneedle at the poor Ledyba who can’t dodge at all. One last swipe, and Ledyba is sent hurtling towards the ground with a crash. Beedrill then buzzes loudly, holding out it’s needles to finish it off with a Poison Sting. What will you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinjara View Post
    So, betagold, you're in my group ^-^ Enjoy~

Betagold: As you and Montag step onto Lily Island, you decide to head to the Silver Forest. Montag gives a few barks of excitement and you yourself feel excited as to what you may encounter. You begin to walk in the direction of the forest. Although at first you can’t tell which forest you’re in, you begin to realise you’ve reached the Silver Forest as the trees seemingly begin to sparkle under the sunlight. Upon closer inspection, you see the leaves have silver veins.

As you continue to look, you hear a faint buzzing sound behind you. You then hear Montag barking wildly to get your attention. You finally turn around and see a Beedrill attacking a Ledyba. Beedrill is jabbing wildly with Twinneedle at the poor Ledyba who can’t dodge at all. One last swipe, and Ledyba is sent hurtling towards the ground with a crash. Beedrill then buzzes loudly, holding out it’s needles to finish it off with a Poison Sting. What will you do?
    Woo-hoo! Something to do!
    Beka wandered into the Silver Forest, amazed at the glittering leaves. Getting closer, he realized that the leaves actually had silver veins running through them. But before Beka could look any closer, he heard a buzzing noise, followed by a few short barks. He spun around, and saw a poor little Ledyba getting attacked by a Beedrill.
    "Montag!" He shouted to his canine companion, "Use Howl to get the Beedrill's attention! Then use Leer to freeze it in place! Finally, use Ember after I get the Ledyba to saftey!" Montag nodded, and then turned toward the Beedrill, and started to build up a howl.

Jerichi – The Red Forest Reply in green
    “Hah! Vermin like you and your pokemon are the bane of my existence!” the woman screams at you.

She whips you as you try to cover yourself up with just your arms and hands. The cracking sound is simultaneous with the hits upon your body and arms and the pain you feel is immense. You wonder how much longer she can go when you hear a voice from behind you.

The voice screams, “Stop you witch!”

You tumble backwards and you look behind you to see a woman running towards you and the woman. You recognize the woman immediately since she and her extended family patrol the pokemon world keeping the justice. Yes, it’s Officer Jenny to your rescue! The savage woman flips backwards and goes into a battle stance as Officer Jenny throws a pokeball at the woman. The savage woman whips the pokeball away, but just as here whip makes contact with the ball, the ball opens up and a Hitmonlee is immediately using a Jump Kick technique. The fighting pokemon’s legs extend to cover the distance between it and the savage woman. The woman dodges with expertise and jumps into a tree. Suddenly her eyes turn a dark black as she raises her arms above her head. Suddenly dark energy is swirling within her hands and she gives off a maniacal laugh.

Officer Jenny looks to you and says, “Hurry boy I’m going to need your help against this woman!”

What will you do?
    OOC: Sorry for the delay.

"Stop you witch!"

Tetsu falls back in a roll at the force of the whip, and gets a glimpse of where the voice came from. He looks back to see one of the many genetic anomalies that is an Officer Jenny running at full speed towards him and the crazy woman. The woman back flips down to the ground, and Officer Jenny does something awfully strange; she throws a Pokeball at her. However, as it is knocked away, it seems that the Pokeball had an occupant after all, a Hitmonlee. Immediately, the fighter gave a Jump Kick at the savage woman, but she jumped into the tree with great ease, dodging it completely. The woman cackles as her eyes darken, and a mass of malicious-looking energy begins to swirl in her now raised hands.

“Hurry boy I’m going to need your help against this woman!” Officer Jenny says to Tetsu.

Getting up and cleaning himself off a little, he looked at Jenny, confused and baffled at this sudden turn of events. Who was this person and what had she been doing? Why was the local law enforcement involved? With all these questions running through his mind, he decided he shouldn't waste any time in helping Jenny, though, as it would likely be in his own interest.

"Yeah, right!" Tetsu responded after a minute, shaking off his confusion. He brandished a Pokeball from his belt, expanding the moon-patterned orb, and throwing it out. "Come out, Demyx! Let's show them your stuff!" From the ball, a large weasel-like creature appeared with an elegant cry.

"See that lady up there?" Tetsu asked his Pokemon. Demyx nodded and gave Tetsu a slightly baffled look. "Yeah, I know, but just trust me on this. I want you give her a taste of your Swift, and then follow up with a Water Gun! If she gets near you, Ice Fang her!"

Demyx nodded, and prepared to fight the evil woman...

Default Update #2

Betagold: You call out to Montag, who immediately springs into action to save Ledyba. Montag lets out a loud, Howl which raises his strength and gears him up for battle. It also grabs the Beedrill’s attention, who turns to face your doom dog, buzzing fiercely holding off its Poison Sting attack. Instead, it points them in Montag’s direction. Montag is quick to act, his eyes glowing an intense blue as the Beedrill is momentarily frozen into place.

You now take your chance, and dive in to get Ledyba. You pick up the small ladybird in your arms and run back to safety. However, you feel a sharp pain in your leg which causes you to fall over onto your front, dropping Ledyba in the process. Looking down to your leg, you see a Poison Sting embedded in your skin. Looking back up you see Beedrill hovering over you, both needles outstretched in your direction. Montag then suddenly runs and jumps up in to the air, blasting Beedrill with some Embers right in its face. Beedrill lets out a shrill buzz before dropping to the ground.

Montag checks you’re okay, as you wince in pain over the Poison Sting to your leg. Ledyba slowly crawls over to you looking up at you with teary eyes - sorry that it got you into trouble. Meanwhile, Beedrill is recovering from the ember attack and is ready to attack you again. What will you do?

Blog Entries

Betagold: You call out to Montag, who immediately springs into action to save Ledyba. Montag lets out a loud, Howl which raises his strength and gears him up for battle. It also grabs the Beedrill’s attention, who turns to face your doom dog, buzzing fiercely holding off its Poison Sting attack. Instead, it points them in Montag’s direction. Montag is quick to act, his eyes glowing an intense blue as the Beedrill is momentarily frozen into place.

You now take your chance, and dive in to get Ledyba. You pick up the small ladybird in your arms and run back to safety. However, you feel a sharp pain in your leg which causes you to fall over onto your front, dropping Ledyba in the process. Looking down to your leg, you see a Poison Sting embedded in your skin. Looking back up you see Beedrill hovering over you, both needles outstretched in your direction. Montag then suddenly runs and jumps up in to the air, blasting Beedrill with some Embers right in its face. Beedrill lets out a shrill buzz before dropping to the ground.

Montag checks you’re okay, as you wince in pain over the Poison Sting to your leg. Ledyba slowly crawls over to you looking up at you with teary eyes - sorry that it got you into trouble. Meanwhile, Beedrill is recovering from the ember attack and is ready to attack you again. What will you do?
    As Montag froze the Beedrill in place with his Leer, Beka took the opening. He ran for the little Five Star pokemon, and, drooping low to the ground, scooped it up in his arms. Beka took off toward the nearest tree, but stumbled, feeling a jabbing pain in the back of his leg. He looked down, and noticed a needle, glowing purple, was sticking out of the front of his leg.
    Montag ran over to him, checking out his friend, making sure he was alright. Beka looked at the Ledyba, with its big, sad eyes. He smiled. "It's alright, little one. I'm fine." He could feel the burning in his leg, and pulled the barb out. Then he sent Montag forward. "Montag, I'm alright! Pulling out the ever-useful Pokedex, he checked out the Bedrill, and noticed that its best attacks involve high-speed flying. Maybe...
    "Montag!" he yelled to his faithful pokemon, "Use constant Embers to attack it over and over, but try and hit the wings a few times! If it attacks, use Mimic to counter!"

Default Update #3

Betagold: As you use your Pokédex to find out more about Beedrill, you come up with a strategy. Ledyba smiles at you weakly and cheers Montag on with a little "Ba! Ba..." Montag gets ready to attack as Beedrill again takes to the air, glowing a faint blue as it uses Focus Energy. As Beedrill does this, Montag fires another Ember, aimed at Beedrills wings. Unfortunately, Beedrill moves outof the way, dodging the attack. It then swoops in with its needles outstretched for a Fury Attack.

As Beedrill approaches, Montag fires an Ember which hits it in the arm; a small amount of it catching Beedrills wing which causes it to fumble. Beedrill strikes Montag with a Fury Attack, managing to get 3 hits in before it backs off. Montag glows white using Mimic to learn Fury Attack for the rest of the battle. Finally, Montag fires another Ember, but Beedrill is able to dodge using Agility, raising it's speed. What will you do?

Sorry for the wait; this took a looooooong time.

~Ruin Island~

Ordial Shrine; Arc_Angel – “Well, there is a better reason to why I trust you so much even if this is our first encounter. It took me a while, but you displayed many similarit-” Suddenly, Ranjona was cut off by a large crash that was not of the cascades outside. In the distance, voices could be heard, and the sound of footsteps was audible and growing louder. She stood, looking out through the falls. “We mustn’t stay here any longer. The soldiers may have tracked us, and we must lose them before we are found.”

“I’m afraid that my motives will have to wait for a less urgent time. Please come with me.” Ranjona gestured deeper into the small cavern. Seeing no other realistic or safe option, Stacey stood, and followed the woman into the cave, who had already began to retreat. Drusilla also came along, attracted to the dark and dank environment of which she was accustomed. As the group proceeded into the cave, the light retreated farther and farther. After a few minutes, they were plunged into near darkness, save a small amount of light that managed to squeeze its way into the tunnel. From the small amount of light reaching Stacey’s eyes, she could see Ranjona hold what looked to be a necklace with a small dark claw at the end. Slowly and carefully, Ranjona inserted the claw into a tiny hole in the wall.

For a few seconds, it seemed as nothing had happened. But once that time had elapsed, the cave was suddenly flooded with a wave of pale blue light. All around them, crystal structures penetrated the surface of the rough stone wall, glowing with a swirling blue radiance.

“Come. We don’t have much farther to go.” Ranjona said with a tone of urgency in her voice still.

Stacey continues to follow Ranjona deeper into the crystal-lined cave, taking twists and turns which were likely plotted out to throw off any pursuers. After a couple of minutes, the crystals on the walls become less numerous until they fade completely, throwing Stacey, Drusilla and Ranjona into pitch blackness once more.

“Wall! Wall! Great barrier! Bloodlust nears!” the insane bat cackles as she flies about, launching her echoing screeches in front of her. Sure enough, Stacey is able to make out a wall right in front of her.

“Come, we haven’t much time.” Ranjona warned.

In the darkness, Ranjona moved towards the wall and took the necklace in her hand again. She thrust it haphazardly into the wall, which lit up with the same blue light but seemed completely unchanged.

“The wall will only stay like this for a moment. Do not worry; you will be able to pass through it as if it were air. You may feel strange, but the feeling will pass.”

Stacey sees Ranjona pass through with ease, and Drusilla follow with the same lack of effort. Not seeing much other option, Stacey holds her breath and walk through…

Suddenly, Stacey feels as if she has fainted. The world suddenly plunged into darkness. No feeling, no sound, just thought. All of the sudden, a small purple flame lit in the distance, illuminating the darkness slightly. It danced happily and peacefully, swaying in the non-existent wind. Just as suddenly as it appeared, it turned a brilliant but malicious crimson red, and began to engulf and eat the darkness. As it did, it turned darker and darker, until it became a raging evil inferno. A distant roar echoed through the space…

Stacey opens her eyes. Now on the other side, she can see light at the end of the tunnel, and feels a little woozy, but otherwise fine. Ranjona looks at her, the claw around her neck once more, and asks if she is fine. Stacey responds that she feels fine, but explains what she just saw.

“It seems that Girtina has contacted you. It sounds like he is in great pain. We must act swiftly.”

Ranjona leads Stacey and Drusilla out of the cave and into a clearing in the jungle. However, the moment the three of them exit the cave, they witness the remains of a terrible tragedy that unfolded not too long ago.

“They haven’t!” Ranjona exclaims in shock.

Small fires dance through the destroyed landscape. Bodies of those who weren’t captured by the soldiers lay scattered upon the wreckage and shrapnel of the former wooden structures. Weapons lay broken on the ground, covered in fresh blood. Despite the carnage and terror, it seems that they aren’t the only living beings there; voices can be heard not to far away.

Stacey looks back to the cave. There’s no way to go back through there with soldiers sure to be filling the catacombs. Looking back, she sees that two soldiers with Pokémon at their sides have spotted them, and are closing in rapidly. A human-sized shark-like creature runs at the side of one, and a wolf with bright fangs and a coat as black as night gallops alongside the other.

“We must stand and fight!” Ranjona declares. Cupping her hands, she puts them to her face and produces a noise which is a mixture between a whistle and a gust of wind. In the sky, there is a sudden gust of darkened wind and a large purple upside-down-teardrop shaped creature bearing a puffy white cloud as a crown and a large yellow X on its face appears. Flapping 4 long appendages, it slowly lowers itself to the ground.

“Drif…” Drifblim sighs, letting out a quick puff which propels it up again.

With the fearsome Gabite and Mightyena running at you at a breakneck speed and Ranjona ready with her ghosty balloon, what will Stacey do?

Blog Entries

Betagold: As you use your Pokédex to find out more about Beedrill, you come up with a strategy. Ledyba smiles at you weakly and cheers Montag on with a little "Ba! Ba..." Montag gets ready to attack as Beedrill again takes to the air, glowing a faint blue as it uses Focus Energy. As Beedrill does this, Montag fires another Ember, aimed at Beedrills wings. Unfortunately, Beedrill moves outof the way, dodging the attack. It then swoops in with its needles outstretched for a Fury Attack.

As Beedrill approaches, Montag fires an Ember which hits it in the arm; a small amount of it catching Beedrills wing which causes it to fumble. Beedrill strikes Montag with a Fury Attack, managing to get 3 hits in before it backs off. Montag glows white using Mimic to learn Fury Attack for the rest of the battle. Finally, Montag fires another Ember, but Beedrill is able to dodge using Agility, raising it's speed. What will you do?
    Beka watched the battle with a smile. The Ledyba was ok, and was actually cheering on Montag in his battle. By the final Ember attack, Beka had formulated a strategy, but two things troubled him. The first was the high level of the Pokemon he was battling, at least Level 32, and the second being the other fact the pokedex told him, that Beedrill often travel in swarms..
    "Montag!" He screams to his Houndour, "First, I want you to use Leer to freeze the Beedrill in place, then jump in the air above it, and use Ember to force it to the ground. Land on top of the Beedrill, and use your Fury Attack to hit it in the spot where the Ember hit!"
    Beka smiled. With a little luck, this just might work.

Visit Rayzen's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by S_M View Post
    Aduro Island
    An active volcano, this is the largest of all of the islands of Cascadia. Continually pumping lava out of human-built channels into the sea, the volcano causes the island to continually become larger and larger. Fire, Ground, and Rock types are common in these areas, and there are a few volcanic caverns leading into the volcano which are of interest to many people, and are said to house rare and powerful Pokemo. There is also a small village on the opposite end of the island, and the natives appear to be friendly, as long as they aren't disturbed too much. Vegetation on this island is sparse, and only the hardy plants can survive the heat of the volcano. The sand along the beaches is pitch black, and isn't exactly the softest thing to walk barefoot on. Hot springs and geysers are common in this area, dotting the landscape of the giant smoking mountain.
    Geyser Park - A particularly interesting region, a part of the island has been converted into a park in which a dozen or so large geysers spew boiling water from the ground almost simultaneously, providing a breathtaking sight. This is pretty much the central hub of the island
    "La, la, la!" the lanturn of a certain trainer was hoping and glomping around on the ferry. The ferry was slowing down from its steady fast moving pace, collecting sea breeze and hurling them into the sea, and onto trainers' hair in which the wind could have swept their cap off their heads. The lanturn sensed excitement, it cannot stay in one spot when all gushing and hammering were happening on the ferry, and off the ferry as well. Lots of people were gathering at the ferry entrance, awaiting the moment when the guards would shout and yell at them to get off the ferry. This was no exception for the lanturn. But, it did not move, for its trainer stood still, sampling the winds that were blown. The salty smell of the sea, before all it ended.

He heard the guard that had his loud voice heard by all other trainers on the ship. It was the time. All trainers were allowed to venture onto Aduro Island. All of them crammed downwards the small bridge that connected the ferry and the harbour. Pushing and swearing at each other, but for what reason? There was no rush. Centin took his time, although his lanturn was slowly tagging along, wanting to move in hurry, wanting surprise and adventure. Its fins were on the ground, sweeping dirt off the ferry, while its trainer walked slowly.

After listening to a brief talk by one of the tour guides, Centin decided that he would go heed her advice. It seemed that most places had been booked full and trainers were recommended to visit more sucluded areas. "Then we shall head to the Geyser Park!" with his chest forward, Centin walked like a stout soldier and a child that has gotten his new laptop. His lanturn waddled along, greatful that she would be going to somewhere wet and watery where geysers would sprout out, and that it was the central hub of the island. Ungrateful for the fact that it was going to be empty with no one to see, watch and fiddle.
    A place where I store stuff that I create. Ascension Drive. | Fizzy Bubbles

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast