The Arcane Realm Recorded History - Page 4

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arcane Realm Recorded History

Quote Originally Posted by Shinjara View Post

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon

Stark: Deciding to capture the Spearow, you throw your Level Ball towards the downed bird. It bounces off Spearow’s back and sucks the Pokémon inside, dropping to the ground and then it began to wobble to and fro. You watch anxiously as the bird nearly breaks free, but is too weak to resist the ball and a ‘clink’ signifys a successful capture. ** Congratulations, you’ve captured a Level 5 (M) Spearow ** Picking up the ball, you observe your first capture and feel nothing but happiness and you congratulate Cyndaquil once more.

The girl behind you grins as you introduce yourself, “Stark huh? Nice to meet ya! My name is Bella! And my Hoppip here is called Cotton!” Cotton smiles at you as Bella continues to speak, “Thanks for your help back there, your Cyndaquil is really strong, well .. Stronger than he looks I guess!” She pokes her tongue out at you and then looks down the road, “Darn it, I should be headin’ back down to Mediville, you’re welcome to come if you’d like, my folks would love to meet you!” With those final words, Bella ran off with Cotton held tightly in her arms. What will you do?

-- Stark, you have been a fantastic updatee, and now with your first capture, I am happy to let you leave the Arcane Realm to go into the FB Zones. You impressed me from your first reply and I know you’ll enjoy adventuring in one of the zones we have to offer you. Of course, you may continue here if you wish to. Just remember to follow the zone rules, some are capped. Just contact the specific Zone Owner if you have any questions, they’ll be happy to help you. Good Luck ^-^ --
    I'd like to continue here for a little longer if you don't mind.

"Yes! We caught a Spearow!" Stark shouted with a smile while holding the ball out in front of him. A big toothy smile crossed Stark's face as he reduced the size of the special pokeball and attached it to his belt. The addition of Spearow was the first big step in his journey, and a welcome one at that. Spearow was a flyer. Stark had always liked birds. The way they flew free across the skies inspired him. To have one with him, was like gaining a little more of the freedom to go where the wind blew. Without a second thought, he bent down and offered an arm for Cyndaquil to climb up in order to find a resting place on Stark's shoulder.

With Cyndaquil in place Stark turned to the young girl and her Hoppip replying, "Bella and Cotton, huh? Great to meet you. Anyway, I'd love to go to town with you and meet your parents. It would be an honor." Stark watched as the girl bounded down the road toward Mediville when the realization of Bella's playful insults hit him. -Did we just get slammed?- he pondered for a second.

"Hey! Waitaminute! Whadaya mean he's stronger than he looks?! Hey! Come back here! We help you out and...." Stark yelled with false anger after the girl as he started racing after her, "You know it's not nice to stick your tongue out at people! Are you listening to me?!"

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon

Stark: Deciding to capture the Spearow, you throw your Level Ball towards the downed bird. It bounces off Spearow’s back and sucks the Pokémon inside, dropping to the ground and then it began to wobble to and fro. You watch anxiously as the bird nearly breaks free, but is too weak to resist the ball and a ‘clink’ signifys a successful capture. ** Congratulations, you’ve captured a Level 5 (M) Spearow ** Picking up the ball, you observe your first capture and feel nothing but happiness and you congratulate Cyndaquil once more.

The girl behind you grins as you introduce yourself, “Stark huh? Nice to meet ya! My name is Bella! And my Hoppip here is called Cotton!” Cotton smiles at you as Bella continues to speak, “Thanks for your help back there, your Cyndaquil is really strong, well .. Stronger than he looks I guess!” She pokes her tongue out at you and then looks down the road, “Darn it, I should be headin’ back down to Mediville, you’re welcome to come if you’d like, my folks would love to meet you!” With those final words, Bella ran off with Cotton held tightly in her arms. What will you do?

-- Stark, you have been a fantastic updatee, and now with your first capture, I am happy to let you leave the Arcane Realm to go into the FB Zones. You impressed me from your first reply and I know you’ll enjoy adventuring in one of the zones we have to offer you. Of course, you may continue here if you wish to. Just remember to follow the zone rules, some are capped. Just contact the specific Zone Owner if you have any questions, they’ll be happy to help you. Good Luck ^-^ --
    I'd like to continue here for a little longer if you don't mind.

"Yes! We caught a Spearow!" Stark shouted with a smile while holding the ball out in front of him. A big toothy smile crossed Stark's face as he reduced the size of the special pokeball and attached it to his belt. The addition of Spearow was the first big step in his journey, and a welcome one at that. Spearow was a flyer. Stark had always liked birds. The way they flew free across the skies inspired him. To have one with him, was like gaining a little more of the freedom to go where the wind blew. Without a second thought, he bent down and offered an arm for Cyndaquil to climb up in order to find a resting place on Stark's shoulder.

With Cyndaquil in place Stark turned to the young girl and her Hoppip replying, "Bella and Cotton, huh? Great to meet you. Anyway, I'd love to go to town with you and meet your parents. It would be an honor." Stark watched as the girl bounded down the road toward Mediville when the realization of Bella's playful insults hit him. -Did we just get slammed?- he pondered for a second.

"Hey! Waitaminute! Whadaya mean he's stronger than he looks?! Hey! Come back here! We help you out and...." Stark yelled with false anger at the girl as he started racing after her, "You know it's not nice to stick your tongue out at people! Are you listening to me?!"

Default Update #7

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)

Stark: Fine by me ^^

As Bella runs off, you shout at her, and quickly run after her. Bella was a surprisingly fast runner and she kept going and going, occasionally managing to turn her head and poke her tongue out at you. It’s as if she wants you to follow her. She then takes a sudden turn to the right inside a house, hastily opening the house, running in and slamming it shut. You get to the house and stop, desperately trying to catch your breath and wondering how the girl could run so quickly!

You knock on the door, and Bella shouts, “Nay body hommmmmmmmeeeee…” before you hear her giggling madly. Suddenly, all the windows close and the curtains draw shut and you can’t see any other way to communicate with her. Until you spy the letter box. You can still hear Bella laughing maniacally, what will you do?

Stark: Fine by me ^^

As Bella runs off, you shout at her, and quickly run after her. Bella was a surprisingly fast runner and she kept going and going, occasionally managing to turn her head and poke her tongue out at you. It’s as if she wants you to follow her. She then takes a sudden turn to the right inside a house, hastily opening the house, running in and slamming it shut. You get to the house and stop, desperately trying to catch your breath and wondering how the girl could run so quickly!

You knock on the door, and Bella shouts, “Nay body hommmmmmmmeeeee…” before you hear her giggling madly. Suddenly, all the windows close and the curtains draw shut and you can’t see any other way to communicate with her. Until you spy the letter box. You can still hear Bella laughing maniacally, what will you do?
    Amazed by how deceptively fast Bella was, Stark eventually arrived at a house only to hear her teasing voice tell him that nobody was home. "Humpf," Stark grunted as he took a step back on the doorstep to assess the situation. He hadn't realized that he was going to be playing an impromptu game of tag when he accepted her offer to come by the house. However, he did find that even while not exactly in control of the game, he was having fun. A reminder of times past. The constant sticking out of her tongue at him giving him the extra motivation he needed to catch her.

"Alright, you wanna play? I'll play," he commented to himself with a smirk. His eyes began to scan for a way to communicate with Bella. The windows were closed, the curtains drawn, the door shut. There seemed to be no way to get a message through. That's when it hit him. A message. Like a lightbulb turning on, Stark suddenly found the letter box and smiled.

"Alright, now that I've solved that problem, what next?" he pondered quietly to himself hoping his words would lead him to the next answer like following a river to it's source. Unfortunately, all he could think of was an old story about some pigs and a wolf. "How did that go again?" he muttered to himself, "Little pig, little pig, let me in.... or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow you're house down."

Stark smiled at the visual image in his mind of blowing a house down before shaking it off and getting back to the problem at hand. He approached the letter box and opened it, peering inside to see what he could see, then doing the only thing he could think of at the time, he yelled in, "Hey! I know you're in there. Let me in or I'm gonna... I'm gonna... well, ummm.... I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow you're house down!"

Cringing at his solution, Stark turned and looked at Cyndaquil shrugging his shoulders in defense of his actions. "Oh! Like you had anything better," he remarked to his little partner.

Default Update #8

Stark: Deciding to use to letterbox as a way of contact, you mutter to yourself, "Little pig, little pig, let me in.... or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down." Cyndaquil gives you a funny look in reaction to your interesting tactics and you then kneel next to the letterbox and open it up, peering inside the door. Again you shout in and you hear some more giggling. Suddenly, something purple, white and furry appears in front of your face.

Without having time to think, you are sprayed by a Stunky’s stench! You fall backwards and gag profusely before a wind based attack flies through the letter box and shifts most of the smell. You then hear Bella’s voice, “Silly boy! Don’t get close to a Stunky’s bum!” Bella then peeks through the letterbox at you, “Beat my Stunky in a battle and I’ll let you innnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! What do ya say?” Bella states as Stunky squeezes through the letter box and lands on all 4 fours, looking straight at you. What will you do?

Stark: Deciding to use to letterbox as a way of contact, you mutter to yourself, "Little pig, little pig, let me in.... or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down." Cyndaquil gives you a funny look in reaction to your interesting tactics and you then kneel next to the letterbox and open it up, peering inside the door. Again you shout in and you hear some more giggling. Suddenly, something purple, white and furry appears in front of your face.

Without having time to think, you are sprayed by a Stunky’s stench! You fall backwards and gag profusely before a wind based attack flies through the letter box and shifts most of the smell. You then hear Bella’s voice, “Silly boy! Don’t get close to a Stunky’s bum!” Bella then peeks through the letterbox at you, “Beat my Stunky in a battle and I’ll let you innnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! What do ya say?” Bella states as Stunky squeezes through the letter box and lands on all 4 fours, looking straight at you. What will you do?

"What the...?" Stark's question was cut off by a horrible stench. Within seconds he found himself sitting on the ground coughing and gagging in an attempt to overcome the smell. Cyndaquil found himself on the ground as well, almost in synchronization with his partner coughing and gagging. Bella's verbal taunting only adding to the insult.

"At least she was nice enough to blow the stench away," Stark muttered to himself, "Of course we're still going to need a tomato juice bath to get rid of it completely."

Looking up Stark could see Bella looking at him through the letterbox. She was so going to get it when he got to her, he thought. Soon enough a purple and white pokemon made it's way out of the letterbox followed by Bella's challenge.

"Oh I'll beat it alright!" Stark responded defiantly as he stood up, "Even though I have no idea what it is."

Pulling out his pokedex, he scanned the toxic smelling pokemon. "Stunky. The skunk pokemon. It protects itself by spraying a noxious fluid from it's rear. The stench lingers for 24 hours."

"Great," Stark exasperated sarcastically with a roll of his eyes, "24 hours. Just what I needed. Alright Cyndaquil, as much as I'd like to let you take this one on, I think we should give the new guy a chance. Okay?"

Cyndaquil stared at his trainer sheepishly before nodding his head in agreement. Stark, smirked in confidence as he pulled his LevelBall from his belt and tossed it out, "Okay Spearow! Let's do it!"

In a flash of light Spearow popped out of the pokeball flapping it's wings to gain some altitude, then turning and diving toward Cyndaquil landing next to the small fire pokemon. Suddenly the bird started pecking at the little firestarter causing Cyndaquil to scurry behind Stark for safety.

"Spearow! Stop that!" Stark shouted at his new teammate, "You're supposed to be on our side now!"

A loud "Caw" was the only response as the bird spread out it's wings wide and stomped toward Stark and Cyndaquil. It's eyes narrowed in determination. Obviously it still hadn't forgotten that Cyndaquil had beat it in battle and was still holding a grudge against the little starter.

Stark shook his head in disbelief, rubbing his forehead in the process, "Look. Do you want to battle or not? If you do there is a perfectly good Stunky over there. There is no reason to try to fight Cyndaquil," Stark explained, "Besides you guys should be friends! Now are you going to help us fight that Stunky or do I have to put you back in your pokeball?"

Spearow glared at Cyndaquil for a moment, then huffed and turned toward Stunky. The bird's eyes narrowed as the determination to not be embarrassed again flowed through him. With a loud "Caw!" Spearow flapped his wings and hovered just above the ground ready to take on this new threat.

"Alright then," Stark said with a nod, "Whatever you do, try to keep it facing toward you. It's stench comes from it's behind. Use your speed and your flying ability to pick your opportunities by moving in and out quickly. The last thing you want is to end up smelling like us. Alright Bella! Get ready to lose! Spearow fly up in the air out of it's range and Growl at it."

Default Update #9

Stark: You decide to take on Stunky and release Spearow, your newly captured bird type, to battle. Unfortunately, the bird type had not forgotten his battle with Cyndaquil and tried to peck him to death! After calming him down, you issue your commands.

Spearow caws loudly, opening his wings wide and taking to the air. Opening his beak, he Growls at Stunky, scaring the little Skunk slightly. Skunky then closes it’s eyes and begins to glow blue, Focusing it’s Energy for it’s next attack. It then opens it’s eyes and fires 3 Sludge Bombs up at Spearow. Luckily, Spearow flits from side to side, dodging them almost perfectly. Until, a 4th Sludge Bomb suddenly smacks Spearow in the chest, exploding on contact and causing quite a lot of hurt. Fortunately for Spearow, he is not poisoned. Stunky then grins and turns around, raising it’s tail and releasing a Smokescreen, completely shrouding it’s location.

Bella then peeps through the letterbox, “Good luck trying to get Stunky now!!” she taunts. What will you do?

"Grrrrr...." Stark growled as his hands tightened into fists. This Stunky was going to be tougher than he thought. Spearow had taken a pretty heavy attack, but seemed to still be ready to fight. The smokescreen had left Stunky obscured, making the next move critical. He could only hope Spearow's eyes were as keen as he thought.

"I think you're underestimating Spearow's eyesight!" he screamed back at Bella, "If you think a lucky shot and a cheap trick are going to stop us you've got another thing coming."

Stark quickly turned his head skyward, letting his hair flow back out of his eyes. If they were going to win Spearow would need to get in close and attack from point blank range. However, that was easier said than done. Still, if they could move in fast enough... With a broad gesture he stretched his arm out and pointed toward Stunky.

"Spearow! Use Fly to get out of range then finish the move by diving down to attack Stunky. Try to leave your wings spread when you approach to blow some of that smoke out of the way. Finally, come around again, land, and try to Peck it. Remember to try to keep its head facing you so that his stench based attacks can't get you as easily."

Default Update #10

Please remember to quote & use the correct colour.

As Bella taunts you, you shout back angrily and issue Spearow’s commands once again. Spearow nods and flies high into the sky, away from the Smokescreen. Suddenly, a loud piercing Screech is released by Stunky and Spearow caws loudly in pain, the Screech lowering his defense. As the Screech diminished, Spearow began the second part of his attack, flying towards the ground at speed. The sheer momentum he was producing caused the Smokescreen to blow away, and he struck Spearow hard for good damage. The small Stunky went tumbling backwards, landing on it’s back.

Spearow then cawed once more, heading towards it for a Peck attack, but the most dreadful fart was heard before a Poison Gas was emerging from Stunky’s bum. Spearow got a beak ful of Poison Gas and hacked loudly before striking the Stunky regardless, pretty annoyed by it’s trick. Stunky hissed and got up, staring at Spearow whilst grunting and wiggling it’s bum about. Spearow begins to get very angry, his attack power going up but now Spearow is confused as Stunky’s Swagger attack worked perfectly.

Bella laughed, even though her Stunky had received a lot of damage this round. Spearow has inhaled quite a bit of Poison Gas and is confused but didn’t lose any health this round. What will you do next?

Please remember to quote & use the correct colour.

As Bella taunts you, you shout back angrily and issue Spearow’s commands once again. Spearow nods and flies high into the sky, away from the Smokescreen. Suddenly, a loud piercing Screech is released by Stunky and Spearow caws loudly in pain, the Screech lowering his defense. As the Screech diminished, Spearow began the second part of his attack, flying towards the ground at speed. The sheer momentum he was producing caused the Smokescreen to blow away, and he struck Spearow hard for good damage. The small Stunky went tumbling backwards, landing on it’s back.

Spearow then cawed once more, heading towards it for a Peck attack, but the most dreadful fart was heard before a Poison Gas was emerging from Stunky’s bum. Spearow got a beak ful of Poison Gas and hacked loudly before striking the Stunky regardless, pretty annoyed by it’s trick. Stunky hissed and got up, staring at Spearow whilst grunting and wiggling it’s bum about. Spearow begins to get very angry, his attack power going up but now Spearow is confused as Stunky’s Swagger attack worked perfectly.

Bella laughed, even though her Stunky had received a lot of damage this round. Spearow has inhaled quite a bit of Poison Gas and is confused but didn’t lose any health this round. What will you do next?
    Sorry about the not quoting and color thing. I'm not sure why I didn't do it. I must not have been thinking at the time.

"Hang in there Spearow!" Stark shouted to the confused bird. The battle had not been going quite the way Stark had expected. This Stunky was not a direct battler. Instead it seemed to rely on using attacks that affected the senses, rather than overpowering an opponent with physical power. This was indeed a learning experience. He'd have to remember to thank her for that. Maybe. She seemed to have unique ability to get under his skin, albeit playfully. Stark could only hope he would remember the lesson when it was over. Nevertheless, he needed to figure out a way to counter the Stunky's moves. It didn't help that Bella seemed to be laughing in delight of his struggles the whole time, but he'd show her. He may have been new to training pokemon, but he had enough determination to see that she was going to get what was coming to her. Maybe not today, but definitely someday.

"Okay Spearow, try to regain your bearings and snap out of your confusion. If you concentrate you should be able to do it," Stark began to assist his flying partner, "Then move in close and try to Peck that Stunky. Don't stop Pecking until it is down for good. And remember to try to stay in front of it, it's rear is dangerous."

The last words reminding Stark of the terrible stench he had acquired from the Stunky earlier. He was pretty sure that he wasn't going to make any good first impressions today. Not that it mattered. All he wanted right now was to beat Bella's Stunky and get in the house to give her, her just desserts for provoking him. Oh yeah, she was definitely going to get it.

Stark: As much as I want to keep you in here, I can't. You don't belong here. You're an exceptional RP'er and you belong in the mainstream zones. The Arcane Realm isn't designed for long-term updating, it's just to show you the ropes and then you go into the mainstream zones knowing how things work. You know it really well, your replies are always top quality. You've impressed me from day one. So I can't continue updating you. You're free to move into either BMG's Cascadia or SPPF's Fizzytopia. UPN's Twilight Zone is currently full IIRC.

Thanks for being such a star, and sorry I can't continue to update you. Good luck ^-^

No problem. I completely understand. Thanks for everything. I really enjoyed my time in here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hells Empress View Post
    The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
    An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.

Beka smiled as he walked onto the shores of the Ocean of Mystery. I'm smiling, he thought to himself. I haven't done that since.... I don't know when. The sand crunched underneath his shoes, a cacophony of noises that Beka had never heard before. He plopped down on the sand, and stared up at the sky above. He was... enjoying himself.
    Beka sat up, and felt around his belt for his pokeball. After all, if he was enjoying himself, why wouldn't Montag? "Come on out, buddy!" he cried, as he tossed the sphere up into the air. His Houndour, Montag came out, and seemed startled by the water. He ran up to Beka's side, curled up and went to sleep. Beka laid back and stared up towards the clouds. Life is good, he thought. I'm glad I came to Fizzy Bubbles.

Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar

Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

betagold: Enjoying the bright sunshine and light breeze wafting in from the open sea, you decide to lay down on the sparkling sands and enjoy this day for what it is - perfect. After a short while you feel it's only fair to allow Montag the opportunity to enjoy some freedom as well and so release your young companion. The Houndour isn't as impressed with the sight of the ocean as you are, but nonetheless is happy to relax by your side and in no time at all is laying beside you on the sand. Cupping your head in your hands you stare up at the fluffy white clouds drifting lazily along in the sky above while contemplating what your future holds now that you've set out on a brand new adventure. So relaxed you're almost falling asleep, you're soon startled by a pained yelp and sit bolt upright wondering what in the blazes is going on. The source of the problem soon becomes apparent when you see Montag racing around in tight circles trying desperately to get rid of a little Krabby who is clinging on to his tail for dear life...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hells Empress View Post
    Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

betagold: Enjoying the bright sunshine and light breeze wafting in from the open sea, you decide to lay down on the sparkling sands and enjoy this day for what it is - perfect. After a short while you feel it's only fair to allow Montag the opportunity to enjoy some freedom as well and so release your young companion. The Houndour isn't as impressed with the sight of the ocean as you are, but nonetheless is happy to relax by your side and in no time at all is laying beside you on the sand. Cupping your head in your hands you stare up at the fluffy white clouds drifting lazily along in the sky above while contemplating what your future holds now that you've set out on a brand new adventure. So relaxed you're almost falling asleep, you're soon startled by a pained yelp and sit bolt upright wondering what in the blazes is going on. The source of the problem soon becomes apparent when you see Montag racing around in tight circles trying desperately to get rid of a little Krabby who is clinging on to his tail for dear life...

Beka leaned back on the sand, and, tired from his hike to the Ocean of Mystery, promptly fell asleep. He was jarred awake a little while later, however, by the yelping complaints of his Houndour, Montag.
    He got up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, and looked over at the poor dog. A Krabby han grabbed his tail while he was sleeping. Beka doubled over, laughing. "Oh, this is just hilarious!" he screamed, "If only I had a camera!" After a small bout of giggles, Beka stood up.
    "Montag, use Leer to scare that Krabby off your tail! Then..." He trailed off, thinking 'Fire attacks are no good against water pokemon! What am I gonna do?' He stared at the sand, remembering when his father had brought him to the glassmakers, to see his mother's birthday vase get made. They had blasted the sand with fire....'That's It!' "Then kick up some sand toward Krabby and use your Ember on the sand! If that doesn't work, use Ember directly on it!"

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast