The Arcane Realm Recorded History - Page 12

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arcane Realm Recorded History

Endless. Endless. J. S. Köttbulle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
    This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.

As the girl approached the town of Mediville, she was a little worried. She had always had a little trouble approaching populated areas, especially due to her experience with them. However, she kept telling herself that there was no way that the news that she was bad news would spread this far out. She decided to get to know her little pal Cyndaquil. "Out you go, Torchlight." the Cyndaquil began bouncing around like a small hyperactive dog the instant it was let out of its ball. She whistled for Cyndaquil, who then ran up to her and sat down. "Good boy, Torchlight!" the girl replied, giving Cyndaquil a good scratch on the back. "Hmm... What do you thing we should do now?" the girl asked to herself as she continued along the path.

Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar

Empoleon Dynamite and allsystemsaredown are my two newest victims *cough* updatees.., so I hope you enjoy your Arcane Realm introduction to FB. If you can please start getting into the habit of posting either a signature that includes team stats, or a link to your registration post, I'll appreciate it greatly. As your teams grow it will be essential for your updators to have quick and easy reference to their stats, so it's best to get used to providing those details now. So welcome to FB, and be sure to enjoy yourselves ^-^.

Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Empoleon Dynamite: After hours of walking through the lush forest, you find you're a little tired and decide to stop for a rest. Sitting by a tree, you lean back and close your eyes, listening while Brawly explores the area on his own. Comforted by the fact you can at least hear your Pokémon, you begin to drift off when a loud rustling from the branches overhead has you leaping to your feet. Both you and Brawly scan the canopy above, wondering what is there, when all of a sudden a little Paras drops out of the tree and right onto Brawly's head, clinging on for dear life. Brawly reaches up and tugs it off, holding the little bug out in front of him for closer examination. At the sight of Totodile's large jaws, Paras opens its little mouth and releases a high pitched scream. Brawly, startled, screams right back at it. This comical sight is enough to elicit a giggle from you, but a moment later something bursts through the trees to your right with a loud, "RAWR!" Paras and Brawly stop screaming at each other long enough to turn their heads to see what's coming, only to find an enraged Teddiursa that you swear appears to be in the throes of a steroid rage running out of the trees with its claws and teeth bared. Brawly and Paras renew their hysterical screaming, this time in the direction of the little Teddiursa, before Paras stabs Brawly in the hand with its little claw. Brawly lets go and Paras drops to the ground, scuttling off into the bushes at lightning speed, leaving him to face Teddiursa alone. Oh dear...

Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

allsystemsaredown: Due to prior bad experiences in populated areas, you're silently hoping that you don't come across any trouble whilst visiting the quaint little farming village of Mediville. Releasing your Cyndaquil to keep you company on the long and lonely walk out into the middle of nowhere, you watch while Torchlight bounds along excitedly, pleased be setting out on his very first adventure. It's a perfect spring morning, the air is crisp and fresh, and the farms you're passing appear to be quiet and peaceful. This seems to be just the kind of place to visit for some time out away from the hectic hustle and bustle of city life which helps to put your restless mind at ease. Just as you're approaching the outskirts of town, a loud, panicked, "CAAW!" interrupts your thoughts and Torchlight stops dead in his tracks while you both look around to find the source of the pained cry. Within seconds you hear the sound of a young boy's voice coming from nearby and soon realise that you hadn't previously noticed him due to the thickness of the age old tree he's standing behind. "Good one, Sparky!" he yells. "Thunder Wave it again and TACKLE it!" Wondering what on earth is going on over there, you take a few steps closer as another pained cry reaches your ears. Upon rounding the tree you see a very young Pidgey on the ground, completely immobilised by an Electrike's Thunder Wave, and quite obviously in a great deal of pain, before the Electrike rams it hard with a tackle attack. Pidgey squawks, its cry much weaker than before, when the boy notices you standing there. "You can't have this Pidgey!" he yells defiantly, his brown eyes filled with malice. "It's MINE!" You stare at him, not quite sure how to respond, especially since this kid can't be more than five years old...

Blog Entries

allsystemsaredown: Due to prior bad experiences in populated areas, you're silently hoping that you don't come across any trouble whilst visiting the quaint little farming village of Mediville. Releasing your Cyndaquil to keep you company on the long and lonely walk out into the middle of nowhere, you watch while Torchlight bounds along excitedly, pleased be setting out on his very first adventure. It's a perfect spring morning, the air is crisp and fresh, and the farms you're passing appear to be quiet and peaceful. This seems to be just the kind of place to visit for some time out away from the hectic hustle and bustle of city life which helps to put your restless mind at ease. Just as you're approaching the outskirts of town, a loud, panicked, "CAAW!" interrupts your thoughts and Torchlight stops dead in his tracks while you both look around to find the source of the pained cry. Within seconds you hear the sound of a young boy's voice coming from nearby and soon realise that you hadn't previously noticed him due to the thickness of the age old tree he's standing behind. "Good one, Sparky!" he yells. "Thunder Wave it again and TACKLE it!" Wondering what on earth is going on over there, you take a few steps closer as another pained cry reaches your ears. Upon rounding the tree you see a very young Pidgey on the ground, completely immobilised by an Electrike's Thunder Wave, and quite obviously in a great deal of pain, before the Electrike rams it hard with a tackle attack. Pidgey squawks, its cry much weaker than before, when the boy notices you standing there. "You can't have this Pidgey!" he yells defiantly, his brown eyes filled with malice. "It's MINE!" You stare at him, not quite sure how to respond, especially since this kid can't be more than five years old...
    "Now, now, kid, no time to be hostile-" said the girl, her words cut off by what sounded like a gas stove igniting. Apparently, the Cindaquil disagreed. Torchlight's back was now emitting roaring flames that the girl had to dodge to keep her clothing from catching fire. The girl decided to take an alternate path. The girl realized if she challenged the boy, she would get some experience in the field of training, which she honestly needed. "Hey kid," said the girl. "I've got a deal for you. Let's decide how this ends with a battle. If you win, you get the Pidgey. But if I win, you have to let it be until it decides to come back for more. Are you in?"
    Last edited by J. S. Köttbulle; 8th June 2008 at 10:58 AM.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    - Jovi's Lament - Fantastic Voyage!? - Mother And Child - Teenager Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Reality -
    A person is not defined by their tastes, rather it is the other way 'round.

Empoleon Dynamite: After hours of walking through the lush forest, you find you're a little tired and decide to stop for a rest. Sitting by a tree, you lean back and close your eyes, listening while Brawly explores the area on his own. Comforted by the fact you can at least hear your Pokémon, you begin to drift off when a loud rustling from the branches overhead has you leaping to your feet. Both you and Brawly scan the canopy above, wondering what is there, when all of a sudden a little Paras drops out of the tree and right onto Brawly's head, clinging on for dear life. Brawly reaches up and tugs it off, holding the little bug out in front of him for closer examination. At the sight of Totodile's large jaws, Paras opens its little mouth and releases a high pitched scream. Brawly, startled, screams right back at it. This comical sight is enough to elicit a giggle from you, but a moment later something bursts through the trees to your right with a loud, "RAWR!" Paras and Brawly stop screaming at each other long enough to turn their heads to see what's coming, only to find an enraged Teddiursa that you swear appears to be in the throes of a steroid rage running out of the trees with its claws and teeth bared. Brawly and Paras renew their hysterical screaming, this time in the direction of the little Teddiursa, before Paras stabs Brawly in the hand with its little claw. Brawly lets go and Paras drops to the ground, scuttling off into the bushes at lightning speed, leaving him to face Teddiursa alone. Oh dear...

((My info is in the "FB" link in my sig))

Wes couldn’t help give off a chuckle at the sight of the two alarmed Pokémon. Brawly would always claim he wasn’t scared of anything – seeing him eat his own words was hysterical. Pausing from his laughter, Wes wondered: what got that Paras so distressed in the first place? Wes’ thoughts where interrupted by the ear-splitting roar of a fuming Teddiursa.
    “This must be source of that Paras’ fear”, Wes remarked quite obviously. The Paras was gone now – leaving it to Brawly to stop the small bear Pokémon. “Ok Brawley, the best way to go around this would be to drench Tediursa with your water gun, hopefully to calm it down, then run in with a scratch attack!”. Anxious to start his first battle, Brawly switched into its battle stance; ready to attack.

Transition in transition Xsisten's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
    A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

Kasai walked up the side of the mountain. She had no idea why she was there, as she had always preferred the fire types, but she knew she needed some diversity. Maybe that was why. She rested about halfway up, feeling the cold throughout her body. She wrapped her jacket more closely around her.

Kasai released Harumi, her newly acquired torchic. Harumi was warm, helping Kasai retain her heat. Harumi then wandered around, playing in the snow until it might have melted where she was standing. "I doubt we will find any fire types here," Kasai commented. She continued walking, wanting to see what was around. Harumi followed her gaily, wanting adventure.
    ~Not of this world...~
    Fizzy Bubbles Member List Post

Kasai is our newest member, so welcome to the Arcane Realm. As you already know, this is a training zone, so be sure to learn from your experiences here, and if I ever post a note regarding your reply please try not to take it personally. That goes for everyone, really. If there's something really bad that needs attention I'll usually deal with it via PM so you can edit, but hopefully your RP tests will have given you the basic knowledge needed to get started. My apologies for the delay thus far. Work, studies, RL events, and the current SPPF campaign update have been leeching all of my time this week, but I don't want to keep you waiting any longer. Let's go!

Empoleon Dynamite: Considering the state Teddiursa is in, you feel it could use a little cooling off and so relay your instructions to Brawly. He shoots you a, "If you EVER tell anyone about that incident, I'll kill you," expression, before pulling himself together and facing the little bear, ready to do battle. With Teddiursa still running at him, he attempts to put a halt to the tiny teddy's steps, firing off a Water Gun that completely drenches Teddiursa's face and upper torso. Rather than being startled by the attack, Teddiursa keeps running straight for Brawly, its face contorted into an expression of pure rage and... could it be... pain? It lunges forward, reaching out and Scratching Brawly square across the chest with its sharp claws. Surprised by the animosity of the attack, not to mention the unusual state of rage that Teddiursa is in, Brawly is finding that he's reacting more in defense mode than attack, and retaliates by swatting Teddiursa with a Scratch of his own. Teddiursa releases an almost deafending roar, preparing to attack again...

allsystemsaredown: Though your first instinct is to calm the kid down, Torchlight soon disagrees with this course of action. Thinking over the possibilities, you quickly come to realise that you both can use some field experience, so you reconsider the situation and come up with an alternative plan. After stating your intentions, the boy looks at you as though hardly believing his ears. "I don't have to challenge you for a Pokémon I've already beat!" he yells, enraged. His Electrike seems to have other ideas though, and barks sharply at his trainer, staring at Cyndaquil in much the same way that Torchlight is staring at him. Though the boy isn't at all impressed, it only takes him a moment to realise that his capture of Pidgey needs to be put on hold considering his own Pokémon seems to want to engage in a battle somewhat more challenging than its current one. With a frustrated sigh, the boy reluctantly agrees. "Alright then," he says, a hint of annoyance in his tone. "But me and Sparky are gonna win so I don't know why you're bothered trying to save a dumb bird." He looks down at Electrike, obviously quite confident in his Pokémon's ability to paralyze. "Thunder Wave the little rat, Sparky, then tackle it!"

Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue

Kasai: For reasons you're not quite sure of, you've decided to begin your Pokémon adventures by wandering the cold mountainside of the Arcane Realm's Silverton Ranges. The scenic mountains spread for miles, the chill in the air causing you to wrap your coat a little tighter around your body. Harumi doesn't seem to mind the cold so much, for the time being at least, as she's far more interested in finding something enjoyable to do whilst setting out on her first real adventure. Trekking along the trail leading up the mountainside, you're wondering what kinds of adventures await you not only in the forseeable future, but during your future years as a trainer. Watching your Pokémon grow, learning more with each passing day, before eventually evolving to become much stronger, is what every trainer looks forward to, and you're no different. You're soon distracted from your thoughts when you notice something moving on the trail ahead and upon closer inspection find that a little Swinub is sitting there, blocking your path. It doesn't seem to want to let you pass, so you have several choices available to you here. You can ask it politely to move aside, you can find another path to take, or you can battle it and make it move. The choice is yours...
    Last edited by enchantress; 12th June 2008 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Colour fixage

Blog Entries

Kasai: For reasons you're not quite sure of, you've decided to begin your Pokémon adventures by wandering the cold mountainside of the Arcane Realm's Silverton Ranges. The scenic mountains spread for miles, the chill in the air causing you to wrap your coat a little tighter around your body. Harumi doesn't seem to mind the cold so much, for the time being at least, as she's far more interested in finding something enjoyable to do whilst setting out on her first real adventure. Trekking along the trail leading up the mountainside, you're wondering what kinds of adventures await you not only in the forseeable future, but during your future years as a trainer. Watching your Pokémon grow, learning more with each passing day, before eventually evolving to become much stronger, is what every trainer looks forward to, and you're no different. You're soon distracted from your thoughts when you notice something moving on the trail ahead and upon closer inspection find that a little Swinub is sitting there, blocking your path. It doesn't seem to want to let you pass, so you have several choices available to you here. You can ask it politely to move aside, you can find another path to take, or you can battle it and make it move. The choice is yours...

(Okay, I fixed your quote.)
    Harumi was still bounding through the snow when she noticed the swinub. It would be rather cute if it were not in the way. Kasai had always liked the appearance of pilloswine, so seeing a swinub brought back memories of long ago, when her father told her stories of when he was in Icefall Cave, searching for sneasel and delibird to bring home with him. Kasai's family had kept a piloswine at home, which had to avoid Kasai's fiery preferences.

Kasai brought herself back to reality, where the swinub was in her path. "Excuse me, swinub, can you please move?" she asked. If it doesn't, Kasai whispered to Harumi, use scratch to do some damage and growl to reduce its attack.

(Can you please tell me what gender it is?)

Also, I will have my father contact you if I am stuck somewhere without internet access.
    Last edited by Xsisten; 12th June 2008 at 02:37 PM.
    ~Not of this world...~

Empoleon Dynamite: Considering the state Teddiursa is in, you feel it could use a little cooling off and so relay your instructions to Brawly. He shoots you a, "If you EVER tell anyone about that incident, I'll kill you," expression, before pulling himself together and facing the little bear, ready to do battle. With Teddiursa still running at him, he attempts to put a halt to the tiny teddy's steps, firing off a Water Gun that completely drenches Teddiursa's face and upper torso. Rather than being startled by the attack, Teddiursa keeps running straight for Brawly, its face contorted into an expression of pure rage and... could it be... pain? It lunges forward, reaching out and Scratching Brawly square across the chest with its sharp claws. Surprised by the animosity of the attack, not to mention the unusual state of rage that Teddiursa is in, Brawly is finding that he's reacting more in defense mode than attack, and retaliates by swatting Teddiursa with a Scratch of his own. Teddiursa releases an almost deafending roar, preparing to attack again...
    Wes and Brawly both covered their ears; neither could stand the piercing roar of the small Teddiursa. Questions kept racing through Wes’ mind: What am I suppose to do? Should I call back Brawly? What’s wrong with the poor Teddiursa? He felt overwhelmed with the pressure that came with being a Pokémon trainer. In a rush to do something, Wes decided his Pokédex may give him an insight into the mind of the small bear Pokémon. Wes rustled through his bag in a desperate hope to find his Pokédex. C’mon! I’m sure it’s here somewhere. “Got it!” Wes smirked. Completely forgetting the other two Pokémon, he franticly opened his ‘dex:

This Pokémon likes to lick its palms that are sweetened by being soaked in honey. Teddiursa concocts its own honey by blending fruits and pollen collected by Beedrill.

A light bulb suddenly flashed in Wes’ head – he couldn’t keep attacking the poor bear – maybe a peace offering would help. Again he started rummaging through his bag; meanwhile Brawly started tapping its foot in impatience. “Hold on! You’ll get your battle”, Wes sighed in relief as he finally found his Wacan Berry. Wes then put on an innocent smile and approached Teddiursa. “I don’t want to hurt you. Take this Wecan berry” Wes said, “I heard it's suppose to be really sweet”, He added nervously.
    Last edited by empoleon dynamite; 12th June 2008 at 04:49 PM.

Blog Entries

allsystemsaredown: Though your first instinct is to calm the kid down, Torchlight soon disagrees with this course of action. Thinking over the possibilities, you quickly come to realise that you both can use some field experience, so you reconsider the situation and come up with an alternative plan. After stating your intentions, the boy looks at you as though hardly believing his ears. "I don't have to challenge you for a Pokémon I've already beat!" he yells, enraged. His Electrike seems to have other ideas though, and barks sharply at his trainer, staring at Cyndaquil in much the same way that Torchlight is staring at him. Though the boy isn't at all impressed, it only takes him a moment to realise that his capture of Pidgey needs to be put on hold considering his own Pokémon seems to want to engage in a battle somewhat more challenging than its current one. With a frustrated sigh, the boy reluctantly agrees. "Alright then," he says, a hint of annoyance in his tone. "But me and Sparky are gonna win so I don't know why you're bothered trying to save a dumb bird." He looks down at Electrike, obviously quite confident in his Pokémon's ability to paralyze. "Thunder Wave the little rat, Sparky, then tackle it!"
    Cyndaquil didn't seem to mind the paralysis- until Electrike came hurtling at him like a football player who just saw his girlfriend going out with a nerd. Needless to say, Torchlight's eyes were as large as dinner plates when he went flying down the road and hit a wall hard. Cyndaquil shook his head and got on all fours. Now the "little rat" meant business. Enormous flames came shooting out of its back, flames roughly a foot in length. The girl chuckled after considering the possibility that the fire that burned down all those houses in Ecruteak might have stemmed from somebody antagonizing a Cyndaquil. "I'm glad that the feeling is mutual. Torchlight! Smokescreen, then Tackle!"

Empoleon Dynamite: Not quite certain that attacking Teddiursa is the right thing to be doing, your head is spinning with questions, beside yourself while wondering what to do. Figuring the best way to go about dealing with the situation is to find out more about this little Pokémon, you pull out your Pokédex and flick through to the appropriate entry. Meanwhile, Brawly is getting his butt kicked by the little bear while awaiting his attack orders, so rather than spring into attack mode which he's sorely tempted to do despite his lack of instructions, he finds himself desperately trying to defend himself by using his arms and tail to block as many of the tiny bears attacks as he can. Listening to the Pokédex description of Teddiursa, you focus on the part about how they like to eat sweet things, and immediately begin rummaging through your bag as an idea springs to mind. Hoping to calm Teddiursa down by making a peace offering, you remove a Wacan Berry and step closer to the raging bear, smiling to indicate you have no intention of hurting it while holding your hand out to offer it the berry. It takes a moment for Teddiursa to realise what you're trying to say because it's so angry that it can't really think straight. It stops attacking Brawly, turning toward you and glaring angrily. While you watch, you can almost see Teddiursa's mind clicking over, as the expression in its eyes softens when it realises you're not here to hurt or to attack it, and that you're only trying to be friendly. In the most bizarre turn of events, Teddiursa lets loose with a loud roar before plopping itself onto the ground and promptly bawling its little eyes out. From mad to sad in a matter of moments, this little teddy doesn't seem to know what's it's supposed to be feeling. Brawly gives you a WTF look then turns his attention to Teddiursa, having absolutely no idea of how to react. It is then that you notice some rather painful looking welts on Teddiura's arms, but before you have a chance to have a closer look you hear a buzzing sound coming from behind you. Turning around, you find a Beedrill staring at Teddiursa who still hasn't noticed its presence yet as the poor little bear is far too busy crying...

allsystemsaredown: There's a little bit of self updating there. Firstly I made no mention of Electrike's attack actually taking place in the last update, nor did I mention anything about a wall. You're in open countryside, so please let me do the updating as that's what I'm here for. Also, please link to your registration post if you don't have stats in your sig as I'd like immediate reference to your team stats when needed.

Torchlight is ready and rearing to go for his first ever battle, and about to act when he suddenly feels a surge of electricity pass through him. Dozens of small tendrils of electricity are surrounding him, completely immobilizing him as his muscles seize up to cause immediate paralysis. The pain is intense and Torchlight cries out, desperate to escape from the tortuous binds of Electrike's attack. The boy is ecstatic. "Go Sparky! Go! Show it who's boss and tackle it!" he cries excitedly, a rather sadistic look in his eyes. Torchlight is curled into a little ball, completely unable to control his body, and when Electrike finally stops shocking him, he finds it difficult to move as he's still in quite a bit of pain. Knowing just how effective its Thunder Wave is, Electrike is aware that it will take Torchlight a moment to recover, and wastes no time in charging forward to Tackle him while he's down. Torchlight is sent skidding painfully across the ground, but the physical hit has helped him to regain some of his movement. Though still in a bit of pain, Cyndaquil isn't about to let an electric pup and its five year old brat of a trainer get the better of him and releases a Smokescreen just as the boy yells out for Sparky to use another tackle. The thick cloud of smoke has obscured Electrike's vision though, as it's unable to see where Torchlight is, so it rushes for the spot it had last seen the little Cyndaquil. Torchlight isn't stupid though, and has already moved to the side which gives him the advantage. He can hear Electrike coming, and the moment the electric pup passes by, Torchlight hurls himself forward and rams into it with Tackle. Electrike yelps as it's hit from the side, startled by the unexpected hit. "NOOOOO!" the boy yells, stomping his foot angrily. "NO! NO! NO! Get it Sparky! Use a Thunder Wave and Tackle it really, REALLY HARD!"

Kasai: Genders are only revealed after capture.

Swinub's presence brings back pleasant memories of home, but right now this little one is hampering your access to the mountain trail so you decide to politely ask if it would mind moving aside so that you may pass. Though you've decided to take a peaceful approach to the situation, you're sure to devise a backup plan should Swinub decide it doesn't want to budge. Harumi nods her understanding upon hearing your instructions, preparing herself in the event of trouble. Swinub looks up at you as though distracted and confused, not at all comprehending what it is you're asking. It then squeaks, not moving an inch, so you figure it's going to play stubborn. Looking down at Harumi you nod, waiting for her to carry out the orders you'd given her should Swinub decide it doesn't want to move. Harumi shakes her head though, completely disobeying you, which comes as a complete surprise. You'd not expected this kind of behaviour from your starter Pokémon, but when she looks up at you you notice a distinct expression of concern in her eyes. She steps toward the Swinub and it flinches, as though expecting Harumi to hurt it, but it doesn't try to run or fight; it just sits there, cowering in front of Torchic. Confused, you step closer to see what it is Harumi's trying to look at when you notice there are some red spots that look suspiciously like blood dotting the ground around Swinub. Kneeling down, you find that Swinub is caught in a trap, its metallic jaws sunk deep into Swinub's hind feet. You can't understand why anyone would do something like this, but just as you're wondering what to do next you hear a voice come from behind you. "Hey! Get away from that!" a male voice shouts. Spinning around, you see a young man who appears to be around seventeen standing on the path and glaring at you. He's wearing hunting gear and is carrying a shotgun, while a Poochyena stands by his side, growling at you. "Don't interfere with things that don't concern you. Move along kid, and forget you saw anything."

Blog Entries

Kasai: Genders are only revealed after capture.

Swinub's presence brings back pleasant memories of home, but right now this little one is hampering your access to the mountain trail so you decide to politely ask if it would mind moving aside so that you may pass. Though you've decided to take a peaceful approach to the situation, you're sure to devise a backup plan should Swinub decide it doesn't want to budge. Harumi nods her understanding upon hearing your instructions, preparing herself in the event of trouble. Swinub looks up at you as though distracted and confused, not at all comprehending what it is you're asking. It then squeaks, not moving an inch, so you figure it's going to play stubborn. Looking down at Harumi you nod, waiting for her to carry out the orders you'd given her should Swinub decide it doesn't want to move. Harumi shakes her head though, completely disobeying you, which comes as a complete surprise. You'd not expected this kind of behaviour from your starter Pokémon, but when she looks up at you you notice a distinct expression of concern in her eyes. She steps toward the Swinub and it flinches, as though expecting Harumi to hurt it, but it doesn't try to run or fight; it just sits there, cowering in front of Torchic. Confused, you step closer to see what it is Harumi's trying to look at when you notice there are some red spots that look suspiciously like blood dotting the ground around Swinub. Kneeling down, you find that Swinub is caught in a trap, its metallic jaws sunk deep into Swinub's hind feet. You can't understand why anyone would do something like this, but just as you're wondering what to do next you hear a voice come from behind you. "Hey! Get away from that!" a male voice shouts. Spinning around, you see a young man who appears to be around seventeen standing on the path and glaring at you. He's wearing hunting gear and is carrying a shotgun, while a Poochyena stands by his side, growling at you. "Don't interfere with things that don't concern you. Move along kid, and forget you saw anything."

Kasai noticed Harumi's response to the swinub. She saw the trapped creature, wondering what an appropriate response would be. Kasai wanted to help the little memory of her father... Kasai looked up at the young man and saw his poocheyna. She remembered poocheyna from her first home in Hoenn. "And why would I do that?" Kasai asked, surprising herself. Harumi looked up at her with a what are you doing? expression. She continued staring at the swinub, thinking something Kasai didn't know, probably 'that swinub needs help...' "Scratch that poocheyna," Kasai whispered. "See if it will get out of the way." Harumi looked nervous, but charged at the poocheyna, claws at the ready. Kasai knew what she would do now... but she had to defeat the hunter first.
    Last edited by Xsisten; 17th June 2008 at 06:43 AM.
    ~Not of this world...~

Empoleon Dynamite: Not quite certain that attacking Teddiursa is the right thing to be doing, your head is spinning with questions, beside yourself while wondering what to do. Figuring the best way to go about dealing with the situation is to find out more about this little Pokémon, you pull out your Pokédex and flick through to the appropriate entry. Meanwhile, Brawly is getting his butt kicked by the little bear while awaiting his attack orders, so rather than spring into attack mode which he's sorely tempted to do despite his lack of instructions, he finds himself desperately trying to defend himself by using his arms and tail to block as many of the tiny bears attacks as he can. Listening to the Pokédex description of Teddiursa, you focus on the part about how they like to eat sweet things, and immediately begin rummaging through your bag as an idea springs to mind. Hoping to calm Teddiursa down by making a peace offering, you remove a Wacan Berry and step closer to the raging bear, smiling to indicate you have no intention of hurting it while holding your hand out to offer it the berry. It takes a moment for Teddiursa to realise what you're trying to say because it's so angry that it can't really think straight. It stops attacking Brawly, turning toward you and glaring angrily. While you watch, you can almost see Teddiursa's mind clicking over, as the expression in its eyes softens when it realises you're not here to hurt or to attack it, and that you're only trying to be friendly. In the most bizarre turn of events, Teddiursa lets loose with a loud roar before plopping itself onto the ground and promptly bawling its little eyes out. From mad to sad in a matter of moments, this little teddy doesn't seem to know what's it's supposed to be feeling. Brawly gives you a WTF look then turns his attention to Teddiursa, having absolutely no idea of how to react. It is then that you notice some rather painful looking welts on Teddiura's arms, but before you have a chance to have a closer look you hear a buzzing sound coming from behind you. Turning around, you find a Beedrill staring at Teddiursa who still hasn't noticed its presence yet as the poor little bear is far too busy crying...

It didn’t take a genius to realise Teddiursa’s welts were the result of a nasty Beedrill guarding its pollen. Wes was almost certain this was the same Beedrill. Wes also noticed a few marks on his own Pokémon – he didn’t want to make another mistake by leaving Brawly with no command. “Ok Brawly! It’s time for your battle!” Brawly gave Wes an “are you serious?” look, he was clearly not as anxious for his first battle as before. “Ok, Bedrill may be a lot bigger and fiercer than you, but we have something it doesn’t have – strategy!” Wes then gave Brawly a reassuring smile. “Start off with a leer attack and then run in with a scratch! Then I want you to soak its wings with a powerful water gun! That should slow it down”. Brawly nodded ready to attack.
    Now that was out of the way, Wes approached the sobbing Teddiursa. “Don’t worry; I’m going to protect you”. Wes then went to cradle the Teddiursa from any harm – still hoping Brawly was able to hold its own against a powerful bug Pokémon.
    Last edited by empoleon dynamite; 15th June 2008 at 01:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Torchlight is ready and rearing to go for his first ever battle, and about to act when he suddenly feels a surge of electricity pass through him. Dozens of small tendrils of electricity are surrounding him, completely immobilizing him as his muscles seize up to cause immediate paralysis. The pain is intense and Torchlight cries out, desperate to escape from the tortuous binds of Electrike's attack. The boy is ecstatic. "Go Sparky! Go! Show it who's boss and tackle it!" he cries excitedly, a rather sadistic look in his eyes. Torchlight is curled into a little ball, completely unable to control his body, and when Electrike finally stops shocking him, he finds it difficult to move as he's still in quite a bit of pain. Knowing just how effective its Thunder Wave is, Electrike is aware that it will take Torchlight a moment to recover, and wastes no time in charging forward to Tackle him while he's down. Torchlight is sent skidding painfully across the ground, but the physical hit has helped him to regain some of his movement. Though still in a bit of pain, Cyndaquil isn't about to let an electric pup and its five year old brat of a trainer get the better of him and releases a Smokescreen just as the boy yells out for Sparky to use another tackle. The thick cloud of smoke has obscured Electrike's vision though, as it's unable to see where Torchlight is, so it rushes for the spot it had last seen the little Cyndaquil. Torchlight isn't stupid though, and has already moved to the side which gives him the advantage. He can hear Electrike coming, and the moment the electric pup passes by, Torchlight hurls himself forward and rams into it with Tackle. Electrike yelps as it's hit from the side, startled by the unexpected hit. "NOOOOO!" the boy yells, stomping his foot angrily. "NO! NO! NO! Get it Sparky! Use a Thunder Wave and Tackle it really, REALLY HARD!"
    The girl knew that she had ticked off the boy big time. She had to come up with a plan before a) the boy went nuts and b) Cyndaquil went nuts. She knew she did not want to get caught in a crossfire between a psychotic five-year old and anything that a) was angry and b) could emit flames. She decided that the best way for both her and the Cyndaquil, now generating flames that would make a Moltres jealous (the girl had noticed that not just she but the boy as well were backing away slowly) was to keep charging onwards and wait to see who gave up first. "Torchlight, calm down. You'll wear yourself out before he deals the next blow." The flames on Cyndaquil's back died down in an instant. "Now show this psycho that you mean business! Hit his pet with everything you have! Smokescreen, Leer and Tackle!"

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
    This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.
    Character Profile

As the duo headed towards the township of Mediville, they both admired the scenery. Nothing but large flooded rice fields for miles and miles around, only halted by large, blue mountain ranges far of in the distant. The Sun was in full form as it luminated the straight, gravel road they were travelling upon, as if lighting the path to their goal, as it slowly came into focus from the murky grey blur on the horizon. The unspoilt beauty of it all made them both filled humbled.

As they continued down the road, Verne thought to himself, this was the first time the two of them felt truly secluded, which wasn’t a bad thing, far from it! It felt great to finally escape of off the normal path of a trainer’s life and set off to create their own adventures.

Behind them an ominous black sheet of cloud approached silently and previously unnoticed by the two.

A large crackle of thunder ruptured across the sky, Verne glanced back; “we’d better get a move on Spector, otherwise we’re gonna get soaked, when it rains out here, it RAINS!”, the Drowzee agreed with a firm nod, and they upped their walking pace.

Empoleon Dynamite: Processing all of the information coming your way, you pretty accurately determine just how Teddiursa has managed to acquire the painful looking welts on its arms and why the Beedrill is now following it. Teddy's prior rage was obviously a result of the agony it's experiencing, and taking into consideration that it's now sitting in a puddle of its own tears as it bawls its sorry little eyes out, you resolve to help protect the tiny bear as best you can. Brawly certainly doesn't seem as eager to battle as he was only moments ago, especially considering he's now up against a fully evolved and rather nasty looking Poison Bee Pokémon, but even he's taken pity upon Teddiursa despite the fact it was trying its best to rip him to shreds less than a minute ago. Shooting you a look clearly conveying the message you're going to need to reward him well for this one, Brawly turns his gaze toward Beedrill who is now looking at him quite ferociously. Leering the bee down, Brawly races in with his arm outstretched while Beedrill is in a trance-like state and unable to attack. As he runs underneath it, Brawly swipes his arm upward and Scratches Beedrill's belly. With eye contact now lost, and Beedrill stinging from Brawly's attack, the Bee Pokémon shoots out a sticky substance at its attacker. The String Shot hits Brawly smack in the forehead, but luckily doesn't bind him up. Annoyed, and a tad grossed out, Brawly looks up at Beedrill and fires off a Water Gun, saturating the angry insect that results in Beedrill's wings feeling a little heavier than they should. It's still airborne, but seems to be having a little trouble staying that way. Meanwhile, Teddiursa has finally noticed Beedrill's presence and doesn't at all seem to mind that you're fighting its battle for it. It looks up at you with big, teary eyes, allowing you close enough to touch it, and while you're shielding it from harm it peeks around you to watch the battle between Brawly and Beedrill unfold.

allsystemsaredown: This is the third time you've not included a link to your Members List post at the end of your reply. Please get into the habit of doing this if your team stats aren't in your signature, as updators NEED immediate access to their updatees details and having to manually search for them for each and every member is too time consuming, especially when updating in itself takes a fair while. Please respect this more as a matter of courtesy as it makes your updator's job that much easier, and updates that little bit faster.

The boy may be peeved, but so is Cyndaquil. He's heard the boy's instructions and has absolutely no intention whatsover of allowing the little green pup to fry his nerves endings ever again. He opens his mouth wide, releasing even more smoke to add to what's left of his last Smokescreen, the cloud becoming thicker and darker than before. He then moves out of the way in order to evade Electrike's Thunder Wave, but because the little jolts of electricity are small and numerous, ends up getting hit by a few of them anyway. He curls into a ball, dropping the ground and crying out in pain as his muscles seize up which gives away his approximate position within the thick cloud of smoke. Electrike charges forward, but its Tackle misses and he goes sailing past his victim. With remnants of the electricity still at work in his body, Torchlight slowly gets up, but is unable to follow his trainer's instructions to Leer his opponent down as he needs direct eye contact in order for the attack to work and the smoke is just too thick. He stands still, listening to Electrike's breathing, and lunges through the cloud to Tackle his foe. Both Pokémon tumble out of the smoke, rolling on the ground before coming to a stop a short distance away. They each get to their feet, staring the other down, both a little tired and beginning to work up a sweat.

Concore: I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to repost your introduction. Almost the entire post is what we term as "self updating". Self updating is when you take control of the situation and/or environment. Whether that's the time of day, weather conditions, the people you meet, or Pokémon you come across. Mediville is more of a rural farming town, and definitely has no rice fields anywhere at all. It also has dusty dirt roads, not gravel, and you've taken it upon yourself to determine that a storm is approaching. Your RPing isn't bad at all, it's just those few areas that need some tweaks. Arcane Realm area descriptions don't have a lot of detail which means you'll need to RP in pretty general terms regarding your environment, concentrating mostly on yourself, your Pokémon, and any feelings you have about starting out as a new trainer. The area itself, the time of day, weather conditions, etc, are to be determined by your updator which you can then expand upon when you next reply. Like I said, good effort, just watch the self updating and all is good. I look forward to seeing your next post.

Kasai: Though you've been rather rudely told to move along, you have absolutely no intention of leaving Swinub here at this guy's mercy. Surprising yourself you stand up to him, refusing to budge, which results in a rather shocked, "What the hell are you doing?" look being shot at you by Harumi. The man sneers, obviously feeling you're well out of your league, and perfectly willing to show you exactly why you should have followed his instructions.

"Because Poochyena here will make minced meat out of you and your little chook if you don't," he replies, the animosity in his voice just as unnerving as his steely gaze. "Now move along, or you'll live to regret not listening when I gave you the chance."

Defiant, you stare him down, whispering your instructions to Harumi who doesn't appear at all pleased to have been referred to as a "little chook". Her eyes turn hard while she stares at him, before she lowers her gaze to examine Poochyena. With a warlike cry she charges forward and leaps into the air, kicking her little foot forward and Scratch Poochyena's nose. The little puppy Howls, but doesn't react, waiting upon its trainers orders who is staring at you with a malicious grin.

"You've asked for it now, Missy," he says arrogantly. "Poochyena, you know what to do. Now GO!"

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast