The Arcane Realm Recorded History - Page 11
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 332

Thread: The Arcane Realm Recorded History

  1. #151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue

    TurtleKing: "What have they done to me?" the trainer sneers. "NOTHING! That's what they've done!"

    Pressing his foot down harder on the first Swinub which elicits a pained cry from the little Pig Pokémon, the trainer looks disgustedly at it before turning his eyes back to you.

    "This one here was supposed to fetch something that rightfully belongs to me while I look after his sister to make sure he comes back, but he couldn't even do that and now they both have to PAY! That kid had no right catching it after I spent MONTHS tracking it down! It's mine and I'm going to get it back with or without these useless Pokémon!"

    With that, he kicks Swinub into the bushes and throws the net containing its sibling into the trees after it. His attitude is astounding, and although you're not quite sure what it is he's been tracking for months you're pretty sure that it's better off with whoever caught it than with this kid who doesn't seem at all fit to be a trainer. He then looks down at Phanpy and yells, "What are you waiting for?! Get rid of them!"

    Phanpy, seemingly more afraid of being in trouble with its trainer than with having its butt kicked, immediately rushes at Grove with a running Tackle only to be met with quite a forceful Pound. Both Pokémon take some damage, but Phanpy isn't done yet. It rolls into a Defense Curl which puts a stop to Grove's Leer as he's unable to make eye contact. Phanpy spins on the spot for a few seconds, causing you to briefly wonder what it's trying to do, when all of a sudden it shoots forward with quite a stunning amount of speed behind it. Grove can do nothing to evade Phanpy's Tackle as the little Ground type uncurls in mid-air and barges into him, knocking them both over. Grove is quick to retaliate, regaining his feet and Pounding Phanpy for all he's worth. Phanpy is sent careening backward and straight toward the hotspring which you know is going to give you the win for this battle as there's no way Phanpy can survive a soaking after the damage it's already taken when all of a sudden the first Swinub you met comes racing out of the bushes and into Phanpy's path from an angle. Phanpy crashes straight into Swinub and though the two come very close to falling into the hotspring together, they manage to come to a tumbling halt just short of the edge. Swinub then looks up at Phanpy's trainer, squeaking angrily at him.

    "Grah!" he yells at Phanpy, frustrated. "You're just as useless as your little friend. You can't even battle without them saving you! Pathetic! I need new Pokémon, you're on your own." Turning around, the trainer walks off into the trees. "Later," he says with a flick of his wrist, not even glancing back for one last look at the Pokémon he's just abandoned.

    Looking down at Phanpy you see the sadness in its eyes which are welling up with tears. It looks devastated, perhaps not because it's sad to be free of the trainer who had treated it so badly, but because it feels rejected, not worthy of being trained after having fought as hard as it could and then being left behind regardless. Sniffing, Phanpy rises to its feet and slowly limps into the bushes in the opposite direction to which its former trainer had gone...


    Hiro watched in shock as he noticed the trainer literally abandon his Phanpy. Hiro, being a beginning trainer, had never experience a trainer, let alone a person, just walk away from something that was probably important to them. It was almost as if the trainer had no love for Phanpy to begin with.

    Hiro looked over at Grove as if to ask, "What should we do?" He then looked at the Swinub, recalling how they too were equally mistreated by the male trainer. Finally, he lay his gaze upon the Phanpy walking in the opposite direction of his former trainer. Being who he was, Hiro knew he had to do something. He wasn't just going to allow that Phanpy to be set into the wild with a broken haert.

    "Phanpy! Wait!"

    Hiro ran over and stopped the Phanpy. He kneeled in front of the Phanpy and extended his hand, "Phanpy! You're awfully strong. Well not awfully. I mean it in a good way. You definitely held your own against Grove and I. I'm not going to just let your trainer disown you because you failed in battle. We all fail at times and we must learn from the failures. That said," he held out his hand as he stroked the Phanpy's head, "I'd...I'd like for you to join my team."

    He looked over at the Swinub, thinking if he should ask them as well, unless they wanted to stay in their habitat. He'd definitely visit them if they decided to stay.

    Hiro reached into a pocket as he pulled out a Pokeball. He extended it close to Phanpy's face, "Please," he somewhat begged, "come with me." He smiled slightly.
    Last edited by TurtleKing; 18th February 2008 at 04:23 PM.

  2. #152
    I am the shiny Powereon! Lady Demoonica Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    Lady Demoonica Darkmoon: The two struggling Pokémon finally break apart, panting heavily and both quite tired. Glameow's eyes are still glazed over while following Pr-aA who circles the blue cat, watching and biding his time while giving himself a chance to catch his breath. Instructing him to attack you turn back to the sandstone block waiting to see if any more text is about to reveal itself, but nothing happens. Wondering if there is perhaps a hidden switch, you press your hand against the block but once again nothing happens. Turning your attention back to the Pokémon you watch Pr-aA lunge for Glameow with another Tackle. Glameow dodges the attack, swatting its paw at him as it does so and Scratching him once more. Pr-aA now has several scratch marks, but Glameow is looking pretty tired, so tired that its unable to evade Pr-aA's next Tackle when he circles back around and rams it from the side. Glameow hisses vehemently and at this point you notice out of the corner of your eye the strange swirling phenomena on the sandstone block. This time the text that appears reveals the words, "Use your head to pass this test" which doesn't do a great deal to put your mind at ease considering you're already trying to decipher the hidden meaning behind the riddle. Meanwhile, Glameow and Pr-aA are still battling it out, Pr-aA only just managing to avoid quite a lethal Scratch to the face before leaping at Glameow with a Tackle.

    The swirling starts again revealing the words, "To be rewarded with a larger quest" which from one viewpoint sounds quite interesting, but from another is the last thing you want right now. While the Pokémon continue battling you watch as the sandstone swirls after each bit of damage Glameow takes from Pr-aA's neverending barrage of Tackles. Both Pokémon seem like they're about to pass out from exhaustion, but since it appears the words are only being revealed as Glameow becomes weaker and weaker, you continue to watch until the entire riddle is revealed as it's the only clue you have. Pr-aA soon finds himself wrapped in another of Glameow's death grips, the blue cat digging its claws in as deep as it can while they struggle on the floor, hissing and growling, until Pr-aA pushes his head forward with one quick, sharp movement, smacking into Glameow's skull. Glameow releases its grip along with a pained yowl that echoes throughout the room, leaping backward and sitting on the floor, apparently dazed. It shakes its head as though trying to clear itself of confusing thoughts, and when it looks up again you notice that its eye no longer have that glazed look they'd had before. Glameow in fact looks quite confused, as though it's not even sure where it is let alone how it got here or why its engaged in battle with total strangers, but when Pr-aA moves in to Tackle, it strikes back in defense with a hard Scratch. Looking back at the wall you see that the complete riddle has now revealed itself so you go over it in its entirety, trying to decipher its meaning.

    Events are not always what they seem
    Small actions unveiling the larger scheme
    Use your head to pass this test,
    To be rewarded with a larger quest,
    Look for light where there was none
    Then present the orb to show you’ve won,
    Only then can you move on
    To learn the secrets of those long gone.

    "Well, I'd say it's 'lights' are on now, eh, Pr-aA?" Solo chuckled. "Leave it alone, I think it's not going to attack you unless you attack it now."

    "Eh?" Her Shinx looked up at her with a 'What?' kind of look.

    Solo repeated the lines outloud to her Shinx. "It's light's are on, as in it's had it's senses knocked back into it." Pr-aA nodded in understanding and moved back away from the Glameow. "Or I hope that's what the eerie swirly block is telling me! Pr-aA if you see anything like a new kind of 'light' tell me before I loose a hand to a well placed scratch, would ya?" The Shinx sighed. "Alright, let's see now... an orb, huh? Well then," she pulled free a Pokeball from her trainer belt, "this is the only kind of orb I have."

    Solo walked a little closer to the Glameow and hunkered down. "Come'ere kitty, we're not going to attack you again. I'm Solo and this Shinx is Pr-aA. Looks like you wandered into here too, didn't you?" She held up the Pokeball. "Well, it's better to be with others even when lost, so would you allow me to catch you?" She asked. Beside her Pr-aA, while tired and scratched up, tried his best to tell the Glameow that, too.


    *Wasn't quite sure what post I should link the ball to, just tell me if I got it wrong.
    ::Fizzy Bubbles::
    Pr-aA - Akefia - Katir - Torkoal
    - - -
    (m) Lv.22 (m) Lv.4 (f) Lv. 6 (f) Lv. 1

  3. #153
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    TerminatorTotodile, you have one day left before meeting the deadline. If there's a reason you haven't been able to reply, please let me know via PM.


    Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

    Slick Rick: With Poochyena's Howl ringing out across the desert, Staryu uses Poochy's distraction to its advantage, Tackling the pup hard. Poochyena is winded badly, but retaliates with a nasty Bite which results in a pained yelp as it cracks its teeth on Staryu's Hardened body. Extremely uncomfortable in the desert heat, and very tired now, Staryu rams Poochyena with one last Tackle which finally causes Poochyena to drop to the ground, KOed. Level up for Staryu..

    Relieved to finally be rid of the dark pup, you're about to run when Sandshrew leaps out of your arms, nattering away in Pokémon language. It runs over to its mother and lays down on top of her, its pudgy little arms giving her the tightest cuddle it can while tears stream down its face. Though you can understand its distress you know you can't allow it the time it needs to grieve if you're all to get away safely, and when Staryu moves forward to talk to Sandshrew the little sand mouse looks tearily up at Staryu and nods. Reluctantly leaving its mothers side, Sandshrew begins digging into the sand and rock of the desert floor, and a minute later has made quite a deep hole. Scuttling out of the hole it returns to Sandslash's side and looks up at you pleadingly while pointing toward the hole. It appears this little one isn't prepared to go anywhere until its mother is shown the respect she deserves by being given a rightful burial...



    Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    Lady Demoonica Darkmoon: After reading over the riddle in its entirely, its hidden meaning suddenly hits home. "Small actions unveiling the larger scheme" must be referring to how parts of the riddle were being revealed as Glameow became weaker and weaker. "Look for light where there was none" obviously referring to Glameow "waking up" from its trance-like state and being able to think for itself. "Present to orb to show you've won" can only mean catching Glameow in a Pokéball to demonstrate you've defeated it, but will Glameow's willingness to come with you rather than using the ball to forcefully capture it make any difference to the overall meaning of the riddle? You're about to find out.

    Putting a quick stop to the battle before either of the Pokémon are hurt even more, Pr-aA seems a little confused as to why you'd do this considering the effort he's put in so far. Explaining it to him, he nods in understanding before sitting back and watching while you offer your Pokéball to Glameow. The blue feline is too confused to really comprehend anything at all regarding what is happening as it has no idea at all of how it has ended up here, let alone who you are and why it is engaged in battle. Perhaps your speech has something to do with it, maybe Glameow is just too upset and confused to really care, or perhaps the fact that you seem friendly enough is a contributing factor, you're really not sure, but the end result is that the Lv.4 female Glameow accepts your offer, reaching out her paw and triggering the Pokéballs release mechanism before disappearing inside.

    Pleased with the new addition to your team you look around the chamber waiting for something to happen. For several interminably long moments, nothing seems to, but then you hear a sound and look to the far side of the chamber to see a hidden door reveal itself. "Only then can you move on to learn the secrets of those long gone". Another path has revealed itself, one that is leading you deeper into the Ancient Tomb...


    With Glameow's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). It's been a pleasure, good luck and best wishes with the remainder of your FB adventures ^-^



    Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue

    TurtleKing: Completely stunned by the harsh way the trainer had not only treated his Phanpy, but then proceeded to abandon it in front of an audience to even further degrade it, you watch helplessly as it limps off into the bushes. Looking to Grove for guidance, you do the only thing that seems humane, and call out for Phanpy to stop. Phanpy seems surprised, turning around and looking up at you curiously, its teary little eyes still full of misery. Trying your best to console Phanpy, you praise it on the way it had battled before gently stroking its head and offering it a Pokéball along with a position on your team. Phanpy seems shocked, yet pleased at the same time, and after seeing how you'd gone out of your way to defend a couple of Pokémon you didn't even know, is aware of the fact that if it travels with you it will never be mistreated again. It looks deeply into your eyes for a few seconds before letting out an excited little squeal and reaching its nose out to press down on the Pokéball's release button. Phanpy is sucked inside, and while you watch the capture light turn green you can't help but be pleased the little Lv.3 female is now a part of your team. Swinub seems pleased as well, his little eyes glistening with pleasure before it nods toward the bushes where his sister is still tangled in the net. Looks like you have one final chore to see to before continuing on your journey...


    With Phanpy's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). It's been a pleasure updating you, but now it's time for you get out there and make the most of your future adventures ^-^

  4. #154
    I am the shiny Powereon! Lady Demoonica Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    Lady Demoonica Darkmoon: After reading over the riddle in its entirely, its hidden meaning suddenly hits home. "Small actions unveiling the larger scheme" must be referring to how parts of the riddle were being revealed as Glameow became weaker and weaker. "Look for light where there was none" obviously referring to Glameow "waking up" from its trance-like state and being able to think for itself. "Present to orb to show you've won" can only mean catching Glameow in a Pokéball to demonstrate you've defeated it, but will Glameow's willingness to come with you rather than using the ball to forcefully capture it make any difference to the overall meaning of the riddle? You're about to find out.

    Putting a quick stop to the battle before either of the Pokémon are hurt even more, Pr-aA seems a little confused as to why you'd do this considering the effort he's put in so far. Explaining it to him, he nods in understanding before sitting back and watching while you offer your Pokéball to Glameow. The blue feline is too confused to really comprehend anything at all regarding what is happening as it has no idea at all of how it has ended up here, let alone who you are and why it is engaged in battle. Perhaps your speech has something to do with it, maybe Glameow is just too upset and confused to really care, or perhaps the fact that you seem friendly enough is a contributing factor, you're really not sure, but the end result is that the Lv.4 female Glameow accepts your offer, reaching out her paw and triggering the Pokéballs release mechanism before disappearing inside.

    Pleased with the new addition to your team you look around the chamber waiting for something to happen. For several interminably long moments, nothing seems to, but then you hear a sound and look to the far side of the chamber to see a hidden door reveal itself. "Only then can you move on to learn the secrets of those long gone". Another path has revealed itself, one that is leading you deeper into the Ancient Tomb...


    With Glameow's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). It's been a pleasure, good luck and best wishes with the remainder of your FB adventures ^-^
    Solo's smile grew as the Glameow touched the Pokeball with it's paw. A red energy surrounded the cat like Pokemon pulling it into the ball, it shook for a few moments then a soft dinging told of the successful capture. Solo's Pokedex beeped as it registered the new Pokemon.

    Standing up Solo looked around, still hoping that this was what the riddle had meant. Pr-aA huffs and lays flat out on the floor, she really needed to get him into a shape that wasn't considered round ball of blue and blue-black fluff. Nothing seemed to be happening though, until the sound of sliding rock drew her attention. Looking she saw a door slid open.

    "Well, it looks like we won't be resting in this room forever, eh Pr-aA?" She asked the Shinx. He looked up at her with a 'Do we have to?' kind of look. Seeing this she moved over to the newly opened path. "Well I guess it can't hurt to rest up some before moving on, but let's do it outside of this chamber, ja?" At the doorway, Solo started fiddling with her Pokedex. She looked up from it, then down at Pr-aA. "I'm gon'a let her rest in ball for now, but later you can properly meet our new member, Katir."

    Pr-aA considered it for a moment, then picked himself up off the ground, following Solo out of the room. He wouldn't like being locked back up in the room anymore than his trainer would.
    ::Fizzy Bubbles::
    Pr-aA - Akefia - Katir - Torkoal
    - - -
    (m) Lv.22 (m) Lv.4 (f) Lv. 6 (f) Lv. 1

  5. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    TerminatorTotodile: Not knowing who or what your enemy is you react on instinct alone, instructing Corsola to attack the shadowy form in front of you. She doesn't waste a moment, leaping straight out of your arms to land a successful Tackle on your unknown enemy. A pained grunt is the only sound you hear in response, and as you begin to overcome the initial shock of the surprise attack you start to make out the small form of what appears to be a tiny humpbacked creature. The thing retaliates by hurling something at Corsola, it's Mud-slap splatting all over her face and torso. Considering your environment, you have to wonder if the gunk it had hurled is actually mud, but prefer not to think about the possibility of it being... something else. Not really knowing what she's up against Corsola stays back, Hardening her shell in preparation of the mystery creature's next attack. At first nothing happens, but then the thing in the shadows moves forward slowly, the reptilian yellow eyes and blue body of a Croagunk emerging into the dim light. It grins up at you with a challenging stare, and while your mind processes this new information a faint cry can be heard in the distance. "Help meee..." cries Kaitlyn's weak and frightened voice...
    Mary watched quietly as she made out the shape of the figure. When the creature flung gunk at Corsola, Mary couldn't help but gag at the thought that it wasn't mud, but quickly got her mind off the idea before she could throw up. She watches as the figure steps forward, revealing itself to be a Croagunk. Her mind races, trying to think up plans while processing this new information. After a little bit of thinking, Mary hears Kaitlyn's faint and distant cry. For a moment, her mind breaks away from the battle, and turns towards finding the direction Kaitlyn's cry came from.

    "Don't worry Kaitlyn! I'm coming!" Mary screams, completely ignoring the Croagunk.

    "COR!" Corsola snaps immediately, bringing Mary's attention back to the battle.

    Once again Mary thinks, but only for a very short moment. She starts talking to Corsola, keeping her eyes fixed on the Croagunk so as not to get distracted again. "Okay, try a Confuse Ray to distract it. Then, once that's done, use an Icicle Spear, and finish up with a Bubble."
    Fizzy Bubbles
    lv.29 lv.11 lv.9 lv.8 lv.16 lv.1

  6. #156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

    Slick Rick: With Poochyena's Howl ringing out across the desert, Staryu uses Poochy's distraction to its advantage, Tackling the pup hard. Poochyena is winded badly, but retaliates with a nasty Bite which results in a pained yelp as it cracks its teeth on Staryu's Hardened body. Extremely uncomfortable in the desert heat, and very tired now, Staryu rams Poochyena with one last Tackle which finally causes Poochyena to drop to the ground, KOed. Level up for Staryu..

    Relieved to finally be rid of the dark pup, you're about to run when Sandshrew leaps out of your arms, nattering away in Pokémon language. It runs over to its mother and lays down on top of her, its pudgy little arms giving her the tightest cuddle it can while tears stream down its face. Though you can understand its distress you know you can't allow it the time it needs to grieve if you're all to get away safely, and when Staryu moves forward to talk to Sandshrew the little sand mouse looks tearily up at Staryu and nods. Reluctantly leaving its mothers side, Sandshrew begins digging into the sand and rock of the desert floor, and a minute later has made quite a deep hole. Scuttling out of the hole it returns to Sandslash's side and looks up at you pleadingly while pointing toward the hole. It appears this little one isn't prepared to go anywhere until its mother is shown the respect she deserves by being given a rightful burial...
    Ace gives a faint smile and nods at the distressed Sandshrew. He crouches down next to the Pokemon and speaks with a soft tone.

    "Alright, I see what you want to do and I think it's a great idea."

    Ace heads toward Sandshrew's parent and lifts the mother Pokemon from the ground. He cradles it and slowly makes his way toward the hole which was dug by Sandshrew. He gently places the Sandslash into the grave and fills it, giving the Ground-type an appropriate burial. Once the burial complete, Staryu cast a water spout over the gravesite producing a beautiful rainbow in the hot desert heat as a sign to Sandshrew that it's mother will always be watching over it.

    "I'm sorry you had to witness all this," Ace said to Sandshrew, "but I want you to know that you did the right thing and that your mother loved you very much. And I'm glad that you found me, because I think you and me and Staryu can become great friends. What do you say? Would you like to come with us?"

    Ace grabbed the empty Pokeball and held it out to Sandshrew. "What do you say?"
    Fizzy Bubbles Team

    Fizzy Bubbles Info

  7. #157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue

    TurtleKing: Completely stunned by the harsh way the trainer had not only treated his Phanpy, but then proceeded to abandon it in front of an audience to even further degrade it, you watch helplessly as it limps off into the bushes. Looking to Grove for guidance, you do the only thing that seems humane, and call out for Phanpy to stop. Phanpy seems surprised, turning around and looking up at you curiously, its teary little eyes still full of misery. Trying your best to console Phanpy, you praise it on the way it had battled before gently stroking its head and offering it a Pokéball along with a position on your team. Phanpy seems shocked, yet pleased at the same time, and after seeing how you'd gone out of your way to defend a couple of Pokémon you didn't even know, is aware of the fact that if it travels with you it will never be mistreated again. It looks deeply into your eyes for a few seconds before letting out an excited little squeal and reaching its nose out to press down on the Pokéball's release button. Phanpy is sucked inside, and while you watch the capture light turn green you can't help but be pleased the little Lv.3 female is now a part of your team. Swinub seems pleased as well, his little eyes glistening with pleasure before it nods toward the bushes where his sister is still tangled in the net. Looks like you have one final chore to see to before continuing on your journey...


    With Phanpy's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). It's been a pleasure updating you, but now it's time for you get out there and make the most of your future adventures ^-^
    Hiro grinned happily as he stared at his newly acquired Phanpy's Pokeball. His sights then were set on untangling the Swinub. Immediately, he and Grove ran over to the bushes, following the other Swinub sibling, "Alright, before we leave, we better set ya free, right?" He chuckled a bit as he grabbed the ends of the net, pulling them away from eachother until the net snapped open. The opening provided freedom to the Swinub.

    Hiro smiled even more, "Alright. I guess this is where we cross paths. Grove, we better get out of here and get into some warm." Grove nodded silently as it also nodded at the Swinubs.

    The trainer and Pokemon proceeded to exit, waving goodbye to Swinubs, "You two take care of one another, you hear?"

  8. #158
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    TerminatorTotodile: Now that you have a better idea of what you're up against, you know you have a fighting chance of defeating it, but Kaitlyn's cry for help distracts you from the immediate situation long enough for Croagunk to make the first move. While you call out to the young girl to let her know help is on the way, Croagunk releases a war like cry in defiance and moves in to attack Corsola with Astonish. Corsola responds by calling your attention back to the battle which brings you back to the here and now. You can't get to Kaitlyn without getting past Croagunk which means you'll need to ensure you get rid of it as soon as possible before anything bad can happen to her. Considering you're not even sure what kind of immediate danger the girl is in, the faster you act the better as her voice already sounds quite weak. Relaying your instructions to Corsola the little Coral Pokémon acts fast, launching a bright ray of light at Crogunk which in the dark confines of the tunnel has an astounding effect. Corsola's Confuse Ray works wonders, befuddling the little frog-like Pokémon who sends a Mud-slap splatting into the tunnel wall. Using this turn of events to her advantage, Corsola proceeds to follow up by launching several small Icicle Spears at Croagunk. The small, freezing projectiles bombard the frog, some even opening tiny cuts in its skin. It cries out in pain, refocusing upon Corsola before shouting loudly, Astonishing Corsola who immediately stops bombarding Croagunk with her tiny spears of ice. Blinking with surprise, she releases several Bubbles which hit Croagunk and explode with a multitude of successive pops before she is almost blinded by a rather unpleasant Mud-slapping to the face...



    Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

    Slick Rick: Though you're well aware of the danger involved with staying here any longer, especially considering what could very well be on its way right now, there is no way you can deny Sandshrew its request. Glancing nervously across the desert you take the time to kneel down and smile at the little sand mouse, agreeing to grant Sandslash the dignity of a burial as a sign of respect not only for the fight she'd put up to protect her offspring, but to help Sandshrew to move on with the peace of mind coming from knowing that its mother has been properly put to rest. Lifting Sandslash from the ground, you gently place her into the hole Sandshrew has dug before filling it in. Staryu, touched by the moment, plays its part by spinning on the spot while spouting water into the air. In the desert heat, the water evaporates before it even hits the ground, but the misty spray leaves behind a beautiful little rainbow which hangs in the air just above Sandslash's grave. While you stand and watch, a shiver runs up your spine as you feel Sandshrew's little paw in your hand. Closing your fingers around it as a sign of consolation, you're surprised to see Sandshrew sitting silently by the grave with tears in its eyes as it looks up at the rainbow Staryu has made to signify that Sandslash will always be watching over her baby. So if it's not Sandshrew beside you, then what...?

    Looking down you find nothing is there but upon opening your hand you find a Soft Sand laying in your palm. Though this is a strange occurrence indeed, you have no doubt about the fact that while Sandslash may be gone in body, her spirit is lingering on and that she's grateful to you for having helped her baby. Turning your attention back to Sandshrew you offer it some kind words, assuring it that its mother had loved it very much and that you're happy it had found you in its time of need. Removing an empty Pokéball from your pocket you hold it out to the little sand mouse, offering it a home. Sandshrew's teary little eyes look between your face and the Pokéball several times before it smiles and nods. Turning back to its mothers grave, Sandshrew gently touches its paw against the tiny mound, saying goodbye to the parent who had sacrificed her own life to protect it before turning back to you and willingly triggering the release mechanism on your Pokéball. Sandshrew is drawn inside by the red capture beam, and now that you know the Lv.4 Sandshrew is safe and sound inside of your Pokéball you know it's time to get out of here, and as you're preparing to head off you hear a hair raising roar in the distance which you know is your cue to hurry along and leave now. Casting one final glance toward the rainbow covered grave, a light breeze passes over the sand causing it to shift and move into a pattern. Taking a closer look, the etched image in the sand creates the sign of Sandslash's paw pointing in the opposite direction to which you were about to head. Even in death, Sandslash will always be watching over her baby...


    I loved your reply so much that I'm allowing you the choice of deciding Sandshrew's gender. I'm kind of hoping you'll hold on to this little one, but if not then I hope you've at least enjoyed your introduction to FB. Your capture has not only unlocked your rights to the Egg House, but also your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to your update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Good luck and best with your future FB adventures ^-^

  9. #159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

    Slick Rick: Though you're well aware of the danger involved with staying here any longer, especially considering what could very well be on its way right now, there is no way you can deny Sandshrew its request. Glancing nervously across the desert you take the time to kneel down and smile at the little sand mouse, agreeing to grant Sandslash the dignity of a burial as a sign of respect not only for the fight she'd put up to protect her offspring, but to help Sandshrew to move on with the peace of mind coming from knowing that its mother has been properly put to rest. Lifting Sandslash from the ground, you gently place her into the hole Sandshrew has dug before filling it in. Staryu, touched by the moment, plays its part by spinning on the spot while spouting water into the air. In the desert heat, the water evaporates before it even hits the ground, but the misty spray leaves behind a beautiful little rainbow which hangs in the air just above Sandslash's grave. While you stand and watch, a shiver runs up your spine as you feel Sandshrew's little paw in your hand. Closing your fingers around it as a sign of consolation, you're surprised to see Sandshrew sitting silently by the grave with tears in its eyes as it looks up at the rainbow Staryu has made to signify that Sandslash will always be watching over her baby. So if it's not Sandshrew beside you, then what...?

    Looking down you find nothing is there but upon opening your hand you find a Soft Sand laying in your palm. Though this is a strange occurrence indeed, you have no doubt about the fact that while Sandslash may be gone in body, her spirit is lingering on and that she's grateful to you for having helped her baby. Turning your attention back to Sandshrew you offer it some kind words, assuring it that its mother had loved it very much and that you're happy it had found you in its time of need. Removing an empty Pokéball from your pocket you hold it out to the little sand mouse, offering it a home. Sandshrew's teary little eyes look between your face and the Pokéball several times before it smiles and nods. Turning back to its mothers grave, Sandshrew gently touches its paw against the tiny mound, saying goodbye to the parent who had sacrificed her own life to protect it before turning back to you and willingly triggering the release mechanism on your Pokéball. Sandshrew is drawn inside by the red capture beam, and now that you know the Lv.4 Sandshrew is safe and sound inside of your Pokéball you know it's time to get out of here, and as you're preparing to head off you hear a hair raising roar in the distance which you know is your cue to hurry along and leave now. Casting one final glance toward the rainbow covered grave, a light breeze passes over the sand causing it to shift and move into a pattern. Taking a closer look, the etched image in the sand creates the sign of Sandslash's paw pointing in the opposite direction to which you were about to head. Even in death, Sandslash will always be watching over her baby...


    I loved your reply so much that I'm allowing you the choice of deciding Sandshrew's gender. I'm kind of hoping you'll hold on to this little one, but if not then I hope you've at least enjoyed your introduction to FB. Your capture has not only unlocked your rights to the Egg House, but also your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to your update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Good luck and best with your future FB adventures ^-^

    Ace examines the sign in the sand. Looking up to the sky, he gives a faint smile.

    "Thank you."

    Feeling grateful to Sandslash for sending his new Male Sandshrew to him and keeping safe watch over them, Ace sends his thanks knowing that his words are heard. Ace gathers his things and wipes the sweat as it drips from his brow. The heat seems unbearable, but determined, he knows great things are going to come and he heads off into the distance.
    Last edited by Slick Rick; 29th February 2008 at 08:59 PM.
    Fizzy Bubbles Team

    Fizzy Bubbles Info

  10. #160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    TerminatorTotodile: Now that you have a better idea of what you're up against, you know you have a fighting chance of defeating it, but Kaitlyn's cry for help distracts you from the immediate situation long enough for Croagunk to make the first move. While you call out to the young girl to let her know help is on the way, Croagunk releases a war like cry in defiance and moves in to attack Corsola with Astonish. Corsola responds by calling your attention back to the battle which brings you back to the here and now. You can't get to Kaitlyn without getting past Croagunk which means you'll need to ensure you get rid of it as soon as possible before anything bad can happen to her. Considering you're not even sure what kind of immediate danger the girl is in, the faster you act the better as her voice already sounds quite weak. Relaying your instructions to Corsola the little Coral Pokémon acts fast, launching a bright ray of light at Crogunk which in the dark confines of the tunnel has an astounding effect. Corsola's Confuse Ray works wonders, befuddling the little frog-like Pokémon who sends a Mud-slap splatting into the tunnel wall. Using this turn of events to her advantage, Corsola proceeds to follow up by launching several small Icicle Spears at Croagunk. The small, freezing projectiles bombard the frog, some even opening tiny cuts in its skin. It cries out in pain, refocusing upon Corsola before shouting loudly, Astonishing Corsola who immediately stops bombarding Croagunk with her tiny spears of ice. Blinking with surprise, she releases several Bubbles which hit Croagunk and explode with a multitude of successive pops before she is almost blinded by a rather unpleasant Mud-slapping to the face...
    Watching to see what effects each of the attacks had on the frog like creature, and what attacks the Croagunk seemed to be capable of using, Mary starts to evaluate which attacks would be the best course of action. Trying her best not to think about what could be happening to Kaitlyn, she thinks about how the attacks could best be used together to take down the Croagunk. A small smirk makes its way onto her face as she comes up with a plan. "Corsola, use a Bubble at the floor around Croagunk's feet to make it slippery, and hopefully get some of that nasty gunk away from it so it has less to throw, then use a Confuse Ray to help make it lose its balance easier. Knock it down afterwards with another Icicle Spear." Mary's hand gripped the Tiger's Eye necklace she wore, as to Mary it had always been a sign of courage and hope, however the courage and hope she was wishing for at the moment was not for herself, but for Kaitlyn.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    lv.29 lv.11 lv.9 lv.8 lv.16 lv.1

  11. #161
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    TerminatorTotodile: With thoughts of Kaitlyn in the back of your mind your first priority is Croagunk and so turn your attention to formulating a plan to get past it as quickly as possible so that you're able to find the girl and her Shinx. Examining the moves Croagunk is using, you run through several scenarios before finally deciding upon one. Relaying your plan to Corsola you watch while the small Coral Pokémon moves into action, spitting out a barrage of small, slippery Bubbles onto the floor at Croagunk's feet. Croagunk releases a strange choking sound which you soon realise is laughter as it obviously believes that Corsola's aim is a little off. You both know better though, and while Croagunk is doubled over laughing Corsola strikes, surprising the toxic frog with a bright Confuse Ray that lights up the tunnel. Croagunk isn't finding the situation too amusing now, as it's having trouble focusing. In its confusion it moves forward to attack, its feet sliding out from under it on the slippery floor which results in it landing rather painfully on its butt. While its struggling to regain its footing Corsola releases a barrage of small Icicle Spears which pelt Croagunk for good damage. This manages to bring Croagunk back to its senses, but in its haste to retreat from the assault it slips backward too quickly and knocks itself out as its head rams into the tunnel wall. Level up for Corsola. Surprised to see that your plan has not only worked, but worked quite well, you're soon distracted when you hear another of Kaitlyn's faint cries coming from the side tunnel to your left. It is then that you hear another voice calling out in the darkness, and turning to look back the way you had come, you see the bulky shadow of Kaitlyn's father running along the corridor toward you...

  12. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    TerminatorTotodile: With thoughts of Kaitlyn in the back of your mind your first priority is Croagunk and so turn your attention to formulating a plan to get past it as quickly as possible so that you're able to find the girl and her Shinx. Examining the moves Croagunk is using, you run through several scenarios before finally deciding upon one. Relaying your plan to Corsola you watch while the small Coral Pokémon moves into action, spitting out a barrage of small, slippery Bubbles onto the floor at Croagunk's feet. Croagunk releases a strange choking sound which you soon realise is laughter as it obviously believes that Corsola's aim is a little off. You both know better though, and while Croagunk is doubled over laughing Corsola strikes, surprising the toxic frog with a bright Confuse Ray that lights up the tunnel. Croagunk isn't finding the situation too amusing now, as it's having trouble focusing. In its confusion it moves forward to attack, its feet sliding out from under it on the slippery floor which results in it landing rather painfully on its butt. While its struggling to regain its footing Corsola releases a barrage of small Icicle Spears which pelt Croagunk for good damage. This manages to bring Croagunk back to its senses, but in its haste to retreat from the assault it slips backward too quickly and knocks itself out as its head rams into the tunnel wall. Level up for Corsola. Surprised to see that your plan has not only worked, but worked quite well, you're soon distracted when you hear another of Kaitlyn's faint cries coming from the side tunnel to your left. It is then that you hear another voice calling out in the darkness, and turning to look back the way you had come, you see the bulky shadow of Kaitlyn's father running along the corridor toward you...
    Watching as Croagunk starts laughing at the Bubble landing at its feet, Mary could hardly hold back the smirk that was growing across her face as she knew that it was far from bad aim. As the Croagunk fell on its butt, Mary starting cracking up, no longer able to hold back the feeling of how humorous it was to watch the Pokemon make a fool of itself. Calming down as Corsola barraged the Croagunk with Icicle Spears, Mary watched in amusement as the frog slammed its head into the wall and fell unconcious. Slightly surprised at how well the plan had worked, Mary soon heard Kaitlyn down the nearby tunnel, and saw Kaitlyn's father coming up behind her. She quickly reached into her pocket and took out a single Pokeball, throwing the item at the fallen Croagunk, hoping to make sure the frog wouldn't cause anybody any more trouble. Mary turned to Kaitlyn's father as he ran towards her, "Kaitlyn's down that way!" She pointed towards the tunnel she had just heard Kaitlyn from.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    lv.29 lv.11 lv.9 lv.8 lv.16 lv.1

  13. #163
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    TerminatorTotodile: Taking great pleasure in the fact you've turned the tables on Croagunk you're fairly certain it'll be safer to keep the little troublemaker on you for the time being so that it can't hurt anyone else. Removing a Pokéball from your pocket, you toss it at the KOed frog and watch while the little cretin is sucked inside. It doesn't struggle, giving you instant capture of the Lv.4 male toad. With Kaitlyn's father arriving on the scene just in time to witness the capture you quickly point down the tunnel from which the girls cries are coming, and you both race down the dark, dank corridor. A moment later you come to a skidding halt, almost smacking right into the hulking man who has stopped dead in front of you.

    "My God..." he whispers, his tone seemingly one of disbelief.

    Wondering what he's seeing, you poke your head around him to have a look at whatever it is he can't seem to comprehend, only to be left speechless upon witnessing the scene. The tunnel has led into a large underground chamber where the mother of all Ariados has set up home. The image of the Queen Alien from a popular movie briefly flits through your mind upon witnessing the gigantic arachnid hanging from the chamber ceiling above a sea of Spinarak eggs. If those things hatch to be anything like their parent then you know that your own life isn't the only one in danger. The lives of every living soul in Meridell are at stake. Hearing another faint cry, you finally locate Kaitlyn who is hunched over the limp form of her little Shinx who is laying perfectly still on the stone floor. Kaitlyn's leg looks broken, and the electric pup looks to be badly hurt as well, obviously injured while trying to protect Kaitlyn from becoming Ariados' next meal. Croagunk must be a minion of the mutant spider, collecting food for it which is how Kaitlyn has ended up down here, but right now you're more concerned by the fact that even with Croagunk out of the picture, Kaitlyn is making no attempt to escape without her Shinx whom she is unable to carry in the state that she's in...


    With Croagunk's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Enjoy.

  14. #164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    TerminatorTotodile: Taking great pleasure in the fact you've turned the tables on Croagunk you're fairly certain it'll be safer to keep the little troublemaker on you for the time being so that it can't hurt anyone else. Removing a Pokéball from your pocket, you toss it at the KOed frog and watch while the little cretin is sucked inside. It doesn't struggle, giving you instant capture of the Lv.4 male toad. With Kaitlyn's father arriving on the scene just in time to witness the capture you quickly point down the tunnel from which the girls cries are coming, and you both race down the dark, dank corridor. A moment later you come to a skidding halt, almost smacking right into the hulking man who has stopped dead in front of you.

    "My God..." he whispers, his tone seemingly one of disbelief.

    Wondering what he's seeing, you poke your head around him to have a look at whatever it is he can't seem to comprehend, only to be left speechless upon witnessing the scene. The tunnel has led into a large underground chamber where the mother of all Ariados has set up home. The image of the Queen Alien from a popular movie briefly flits through your mind upon witnessing the gigantic arachnid hanging from the chamber ceiling above a sea of Spinarak eggs. If those things hatch to be anything like their parent then you know that your own life isn't the only one in danger. The lives of every living soul in Meridell are at stake. Hearing another faint cry, you finally locate Kaitlyn who is hunched over the limp form of her little Shinx who is laying perfectly still on the stone floor. Kaitlyn's leg looks broken, and the electric pup looks to be badly hurt as well, obviously injured while trying to protect Kaitlyn from becoming Ariados' next meal. Croagunk must be a minion of the mutant spider, collecting food for it which is how Kaitlyn has ended up down here, but right now you're more concerned by the fact that even with Croagunk out of the picture, Kaitlyn is making no attempt to escape without her Shinx whom she is unable to carry in the state that she's in...


    With Croagunk's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Enjoy.
    Grabbing the Pokeball now housing the rather troublesome frog, Mary follows Kaitlyn's father running down the corridor, only to almost run into him when he stops dead in his tracks. Looking around, it's not hard to figure out why the man had stopped, as there is a giant sea of eggs before him, every last one containing a Spinarak inside. Looking up at the giant Ariados on the ceiling, Mary falls on her knees. "S-s-s-sp-p-p-p-piders!" Her phobia was making itself incredibly clear as used her arms and kicked her legs at the ground to quickly push herself backwards. Backing into a wall, Mary hears the faint cry of Kaitlyn, who is hunched over her Shinx, both of which appearing to be in clear pain. Mary shakily stands up, using the wall as a brace, and decides that she has to face her fear in order to save Kaitlyn, and the rest of Meridell as well...
    Fizzy Bubbles
    lv.29 lv.11 lv.9 lv.8 lv.16 lv.1

  15. #165
    Retired Mod empoleon dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In an Octillery's Garden
    Posts
    2,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
    According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

    Wes felt a sense of adventure when he first entered the vast forest. He looked around, noticing with curiosity the towering roots and giant trees. "Wow, these trees must be hundreds of years old." This seems like the perfect place to test Brawly’s skills. Wes carried on walking, admiring the beauty of the forest, until he started to feel drained from his long walk. "I think this seems a good time to take a break", Unclipping his ball from his belt, he tossed the ball in the air, "come on out Brawly!” The Big Jaw Pokémon then emerged from the white light - giving Wes an affectionate bite on the leg. "Ouch! You can stop that now little buddy". Letting go, Totodile didn't hesitate to explore the scenery whilst Wes sat back calmly against a tree - keeping a close eye on his Pokémon. I hope he doesn’t get in any trouble.
    Last edited by empoleon dynamite; 7th June 2008 at 12:36 PM.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •