The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

handymankg2: Knowing you have no real way out of this, all you can do at this point is attempt to strike up a bargain and hope for the best. Jack doesn't appear to be at all accommodating, sneering at you with contempt before Reg steps in and interrupts before Jack has a chance to speak. "He's conceded, Jack, so you need to hold up your end of the bargain. First we'll see if he does in fact have the artifact, and then we'll decide what to do with him". Unimpressed, Jack simply nods before rummaging through your pack, tossing its contents all over the ground before finally pulling out the flute. "AHA!" he gloats, eyeing it with greed. "I told you the imposter had it! Why else would he run?!" Reg frowns, reaching out to take the flute from Jack whose expression darkens, his fingers tightening around it. Reg stares him down, however, and Jack eventually relinquishes his hold on the item, though not without casting Reg a death stare as the man tucks it safely into an inner pocket of his jacket. You watch the confrontation between the two with interest, and can already see the power of the item over which they are fighting. That flute is going to give one person an awful lot of power, and if they're already bickering amongst themselves then it won't take much to turn them against one another. Distracted from your train of thought by Reg's voice telling everyone to get back to camp and pack up so that you can move out, you watch while they all disappear. "I don't know what you think you're doing, kid, but you could have gotten yourself killed just then. I knew the moment I saw you earlier today that something wasn't right about you, but didn't suspect for a moment you'd be Jack's doppleganger," he says quietly. "The Nightbringers are dangerous. I've spent years infiltrating this organisation and can't risk anything going wrong now." Reaching into his jacket pocket again he pulls out the flute. "Keep it well hidden," he says while you stare at him, dumbfounded, and watch while he removes an exact replica of the flute from another pocket. "They all saw me put it away so as far as they're concerned I have it. This is glass," he adds, nodding to the one he's holding. "The one you have is real. What the Nightbringers don't know is that if the flute is played before the time is right, Jirachi will grant only one wish instead of a full week of wishes. It's my intention to ensure that happens, and to make sure I'm the one to make what they believe is only the first of many wishes. By the time they realise what has happened, their chance of world domination will have been destroyed for the next thousand years. Right now, we need to get back to camp, so pack up your stuff because we have a long trip ahead of us."

Late the next day after having travelled miles through the desert, the Nightbringers meet up with several other divisions of their organisation, including a mysterious man known only as 'Raven' who is apparently their leader. His face is never seen, partially covered by a hooded cloak at all times. Reg makes sure to keep you close during the trip, partly so that none of the others decide to deal out their own brand of punishment for you having tried to run off with the artifact, and partially because he knows that you have the real flute and that your role in tonight's events will be instrumental to his plan succeeding. Unfortunately you don't have much of a chance to talk with Reg again despite travelling with the man as Jack for some reason has decided to stick to the two of you like glue, never allowing either of you out of his sight. His attention is uncomfortable to say the least, and you can't help but wonder why he's so intent upon watching you. Raven, impressed with Reg for having brought him the artifact that will summon Jirachi, grants him permission to summon the Legendary Pokémon and to make the first wish when it appears. Jack isn't impressed with Raven's decision, informing the head of the Nightbringers that he had in fact been the one to have first obtained the flute and that Reg had confiscated it from him so as to take credit for himself, but Raven dismisses the boy with a wave of his hand, angering Jack who finally storms off to leave you with some breathing space. Shortly afterwards, just as the sun is setting, but several hours before the summoning ceremony is due to officially begin, Reg approaches Raven holding his radio in his hand. "My Lord," he frowns, appearing quite agitated. "We've just had word from Delta Division. The Mystics have ambushed them, and are on their way. If their calculations are correct, they'll be here in the next hour. We must begin the ceremony." Admiring Reg's performance, and pleased by Raven's immediate agreement to Reg's plan, you watch as instructions are barked out amongst the various divisions to prepare for the ceremony. Knowing that he won't be able to stay close at all times during the next hour, Reg slips something into your pocket. "For protection, I'll meet you at the ceremony" he whispers. "Be careful." A moment later he's gone, and reaching into your pocket feel a cold, steel blade, your blood turning colder than the blade itself at the thought of actually using it on anyone, whether it's in self-defence of not. Your thoughts are cut short, however, when you feel something small and hard pushed up against your spine. "You're comin' with me," says the all too familiar voice of Jack, whom you'd almost forgotten about. Figuring he has a weapon of some kind you obey his command and allow him to lead you away from the group.

A short time later Jack has tied you and Ponyta to a tent pole some distance away from where everyone is gathering, and shoves Belle into your backpack so that she's unable to help you fight him off this time. Slinging his rifle over his shoulder he grins at you cockily. "I was wondering what you two were talkin' about last night, ya see, so I headed back and heard something really interesting," Jack drawls, referring to the conversation you were having with Reg after he'd sent everyone away to pack up their gear after your scuffle with the boy. "If the flute is played before the time is right, Jirachi will grant only one wish instead of a full week of wishes. It's my intention to ensure that happens, and to make sure I'm the one to make what they believe is only the first of many wishes," he recites with cold accuracy, a gleeful glint in his eye. "Well it's my intention to make sure I'm the one who makes that wish because your buddy Reg is gunna die before he can make it." Reaching into your pocket Jack pulls out the knife. "You won't be needin' this either, so watch and weep kid 'cuz you're the first on my hit list when I become the Supreme Immortal Overlord of this world." Jack then trundles off toward the crowd gathering for the ceremony having ensured you're far enough away not to be heard should you call for help. Thinking back over what he'd said, you realise that he'd only heard part of the conversation and thankfully not the most important part. Jack has no clue at all that you're in possession of the real flute, but if you can't free yourself soon in order to summon Jirachi in the same moment that Reg plays his glass replica, then his cover will be blown anyway. It's then that you feel some heat by your side and realise that Ponyta is carefully burning through the ropes binding you, and you can only hope the little fire horse can free you before it's too late...
    Rick continued to stare upwards at the men as he conceded, still uncertain about his chances of surviving, let alone getting his request. He stared upwards at the man named Reg as he wandered over, and listened intently as he began to speak to Jack, telling him in simple terms that he shouldn’t harm Rick now he’s conceded. Rick was slightly confused by this remark; surely the leader of a violent group of thugish men would condone violence of all sorts? Well, maybe Rick had just fallen for another one of his fathers annoying stereotypes that had been forced upon him at a young age, and considering his father was the perfect example of this stereotype, he wondered why he often used it to describe over people when it clearly was meant for himself. Anyway, Jack seemed to have a slight sense of honour in the fact he listens to authority, and the man searched through Ricks backpack rather quickly, messily throwing the contents around without a care. A triumphant ‘aha’ soon soared through the area as Jack pulled out the flute, believing himself to be extremely intelligent simply because he stated what was extremely likely to be true, and most likely was being thought by everyone. Rick noticed that Jack was extremely reluctant as Reg pulled his arm forwards, expecting to receive the Flute. After a long cold stare, Jack finally conceded, handing over the flute but still gazing angrily at his superior figure; it certainly wasn’t his intention to give the Flute up, and Rick expected that Jack wouldn’t give up easy. I mean, who would if they knew they had the chance of extreme and godly power? Rick broke out of his thoughts as he heard Reg shout at the men, sending them back to camp, and most likely back to sleep, Rick having woken them up close to dawn, not something particularly great if the mot important day of your life is occurring tomorrow, Rick would assume. Reg put it carefully into one of the pockets on the inside of his jacket, and Rick slowly stared as the last of the men cleared out of the area, leaving only Rick and Reg remaining.

Rick stared up as Reg began to talk, and Ricks eyes widened slightly. Not only did Reg, the leader of this band of thugs, willingly let Ricks plea for mercy be accepted, but now he was actually talking as if he had real concern for Rick. Rick smiled slowly as he mentioned that Rick could most likely be dead right now, and he then began to listen to the fact that nobody actually had suspected he was Jacks doppelganger until Jack himself showed up. “In all honesty, I didn’t even know I had a doppelganger, and I wasn’t particularly happy to find out he was a criminal…” Rick trailed off, he realised that the man he was in fact talking too was a criminal also, and that wasn’t the brightest thing to say to a man like that, especially when they’re strong, tall, and facing a small tired kid whos only usable Pokemon is a Ponyta. Ricks eyes found themselves widening even more, now, however, as Reg went on to explain that he wasn’t even a true member of the Organisation at all, just a agent infiltrating them. For what government, Rick wasn’t sure, but he didn’t really have a chance to ask, as Reg was pulling out the flute from his pocket and handing it to Rick, who weakly accepted it, taking it and hiding it on the inside of his jacket (which is inside his backpack), making sure its secure enough that it wouldn’t be noticed even if someone ripped his entire backpack apart to find it. He looked up at the glass replica and smiled; things were starting to get slightly better after all, surviving death and saving the world in one day seemed like a proper adventure, after all. Rick listened intently as Reg said about the flute, and told him information Rick certainly wouldn’t trust with a kid. Rick figured, he must be something special, as otherwise, what fool would share the info with him? As he was finished, Rick nodded politely and began to pack up the rest of his things that Jack had messed up earlier, smiling as he did so. There was somebody on his side.

After travelling for most of the day, Rick and the Nightbringers arrived at the destination, several other divisions of the organisation arriving, including the man that seemed like the head honcho himself. All that Rick could gather from people talking was that he was named Raven, and he was certainly in charge. Rick wondered how willingly that Raven would be to kill a man to get what he wanted, and slowly shivered as he imagined the results of the question. Reg kept Rick close by all the day, making sure that none of the organisation, especially Jack, attempted to give Rick a different type of punishment to the one that he currently had, which was practically nothing. Of course, there was another reason Rick was being kept close, but he wouldn’t willingly share that reason with anyone; nobody here was trustworthy, really, and he wasn’t even completely sure that Reg would be fully trustworthy either. Assuming the best is always good, though, even if its rather stupid in some peoples eyes. Jack also decided to stick close to his boss for the day, watching Rick and Reg evilly when he thought Rick wasn’t paying attention. There was something in Jacks eyes that made Rick slightly suspicious, but he figured it was just his seething fury at Rick for the earlier events involving much pain to the mans eyes. Raven seemed to be very please with what Reg had achieved (who wouldn’t be?) and agreed to let Reg do the summoning of Jirachi and make the first wish, which Rick thought was a slightly strange decision to make. Reg must have worked quite hard indeed to get trusted if he had made it this high in the ranking of things. Rick laughed quietly when he watched Jack attempt to plea to the boss, trying to get him to see Reg was a liar, but who would believe some insignificant twerp? Later that night, Rick pretended to look slightly confused when he heard that the Mystics had ambushed a certain division, but he assumed that it was just Reg’s act. If it wasn’t, Rick wouldn’t mind. The wish would have been done by then, and Rick could join the battle alongside the mystics, or take his chance to escape from the area. Rick nodded as he was told he couldn’t be taken into the ceremony, and gulped slightly as he felt something dropped into his pocket. Reaching down, he found it was a dagger. Rick couldn’t imagine using it on anybody; he was just a child, but it would be useful anyway. Suddenly, Rick felt something hard against his back, and a familiar voice resounded. Jack. He had a weapon. And Rick, knowing that it would be his only shot, willingly was taken away with him (he didn’t want to die at this vital point).

Rick was lead far away from the group, and towards some sort of tent pole, which Rick found himself and Ponyta bind too pretty quickly. Belle was soon reprimanded, and put into Ricks backpack so she couldn’t aid him. Jack slung the rifle over his shoulder, and began to speak once again to Rick. Ricks heart fell as he listened; Jack knew about the fact that only one wish could be made if it was played early, and Rick was pretty disheartened by what was said next. Jack, a not so powerful young lad, was going to attempt to kill Reg, and therefore make the wish for himself. Jack reached into Ricks pocket, and his eyes widened uncontrollably; he was going to use Reg’s own weapon to kill him. He wanted to take that knife and stab it into Jack instead so badly at this moment, but he was tied up, and he didn’t particularly want to be sent to jail for life. It seemed Jack was going to use the wish to make himself overlord of the world. Well, some people have different wishes to others, Rick guessed. Jack walked away happily, ensuring that Rick was too far away to be heard if he called for help. Thinking over what Jack had said, Rick soon realised that he had no idea about the most important factors: Reg being a double agent, Rick having the real flute, or the simple fact that Rick had a fire type on his side, apparently, as Ponyta soon began to use a very light fire attack to burn away the ropes, making sure it didn’t burn Rick. Hoping he wouldn’t be too late for the ceremony, Rick quickly thought of what he would do. Of course, he would play the flute at the right time, making sure Reg could make the wish. If Reg was killed, Rick would simply shout out his own wish before Jack could make his, and Ricks wish would be simple. “I wish the Nightbringers no longer existed”. It would be simply enough, and hopefully would work, meaning he wouldn’t have to worry about Jack, and their plans of world domination would fail. Of course, if Reg managed to make the wish instead, well, that would be perfectly fine.

Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

OrangeDonphan: On the contrary, when you're given history like that there is usually quite a bit to RP about. It's simply a matter of tapping into the roleplayer within to express your thoughts and feelings in relation to the information you've just uncovered as time and experience will teach you. As an added note, try not to be intimidated by what could be seen as overwhelming odds. Strategy is just as important as battling, so think out your reply before you post. Roleplaying is the core of what we do here, and this update is going to give you a lot of material to RP with.

Paying no attention at all to the forest Pokémon who are prepared to put their lives on the line to save their habitat, you inform Chatot that you're going in and then proceed to enter the gaping hole in the ancient oak's trunk. Not wanting to lose sight of you Phil sticks close by your side, never more than a couple of footsteps away, while Chatot's cry of "Return both halves to the glade from where the seed was stolen. Only then can Celebi be saved!" rings out behind you. Coldness shrouds you the moment you set foot inside, but it's not the temperature that has you shivering so much as the sense of evil pulsating through the air. As you look around all sense of perception is lost as the inner tree appears so much larger than it does from the outside. A network of ramps and stairs line the inside of the trunk, stretching so far up that you can't even see what is at the top. The Pokémon who had been gathering outside are entering now, but rather than making their way upward, they all move stealthily towards an opening in the floor at the centre of the tree's base. Figuring they must know where they're going, you follow, soon finding yourself in a massive underground chamber. You could swear this tree is growing out of a crater considering the size of this place, but the most intimidating part is the sheer amount of dark type Pokémon gathered upon several of the ledges surrounding a platform in the centre. They're all very quiet, all eyes focused upon a Shiftry standing on the platform who is holding a dark, swirling orb in one of its leafy hands, and a softly glowing seed in the other. The Pokémon with whom you had entered are using boulders scattered around the inner chamber to hide themselves as they dart in closer to the army of dark types, but it's their sense of urgency that has you holding your breath. Shiftry appears ready to merge the two halves of the life-force at any given second as the forest creatures move into their attack positions and you have to wonder if they'll be able to move in time to stop it. While you watch, Shiftry raises its arms above its head, holding its prized possessions up for all to see, the dark types collectively crying out in triumph as they know the time has come to finally take control of the forest. At that moment, as the howls, screeches, and cries of your enemy echo throughout the cavern, your allies attack, leaping out of the shadows and straight into battle.

"All hell breaking loose" is an expression you've heard many times in your life, but nothing could have prepared you for this. Your allies are markedly outnumbered, the odds being roughly five to one, which leaves you with very little time to act as this battle appears to be a suicide mission for those fighting to buy you the time needed to retrieve the orb and seed. As you watch you witness a Mightyena chomp down on the head of a Furret who is slashing away at a Stunky, ripping its head right off its shoulders; three Sneasel ganging up on a Pinsir, tearing its pincers off its head before kicking it off the legde to roll to the bottom of the crater and plop into a pool of water where several Carvanha sweep in to finish it off; four Cacturne shredding apart a Weepinbell with a relentless barrage of Pin Missiles until there is practically nothing left of it; two Murkrow pecking away at a Kricketune they have trapped against the far wall; and a Crawdaunt sitting on the belly of an Ariados, slowly plucking its legs off one by one. With this being only a small portion of the horrors taking place, it is only now, with the violence taking place before your eyes, that you really begin to understand just what kind of danger you've gotten yourself into. Though it's tempting to turn and run, you realise these Pokémon are literally sacrificing their lives to allow you to do as you had promised, and so try to close off the gruesome images around you and instead concentrate upon Shiftry. It's the one who has the two halves of Celebi's life-force after all, and with the forest Pokémon prepared to protect you and Phil in order for you to retrieve them, then you'd better move fast or else these Pokémon are all sacrificing their lives for nothing. Shiftry, its face contorted into a mask of fury, utterly enraged that anyone dare attack at a time like this, gazes around the cavern before grinning manically, its gurgling laugh making your skin crawl. It appears Shiftry isn't about to allow a little hiccup in its plans to stop it, however, and moves to unite the two pieces it's holding. At that moment however, an angry squawk catches its attention and its eyes bulge as the old Chatot you'd encountered earlier swoops down and knocks both the orb and seed out of its hands. It screams, furious, and dives to grab the two items, but isn't fast enough to stop them from being kicked into the brawling mass of Pokémon. It appears it's now or never if you're going to attempt to retrieve them. There's you and Phil, as well as an orb and seed; two for two. Now your only problem is to work out how you're going to retrieve them before one of both are destroyed in the raging battle...

Sorry about my last misjudgement, I'll take the CC and turn it up a notch:

Not wanting to put the other forest pokemon at risk, Alex headed on into the tree with Phil close by his ankles. The darkness suddenly surrounds them as a final cry of instruction from Chatot is heard, "Return both halves to the glade from where the seed was stolen. Only then can Celebi be saved!" The small footsteps of Alex and Phil were all they heard for a second and then suddenly several noises came from behind. Alex turned around, startled, until he realized that it was a group of the pokemon from the party and the ones that surrounded the tree. Way in over his head, Alex tried to act brave and said, “Let me go in alone. I don’t want any of you to get hurt, and with this many pokemon, there will be no stealth at all!” The Ludicolo from earlier stepped out of the group and shook his head; the expression on its face shifted from sorrow to anger. The other forest pokemon seemed to agree, and the mob started to head deeper into the darkness. With no other choice, Alex continued into the tree and evergrowing presence of evil looming over him.

The darkness cut into the group, but the drive of the pokemon’s revenge and Alex’s sheer sense of excitement overpowered their fear. Nearing a ramp, Alex started to climb, until he realized the pokemon were descending through an opening and not following him. Slipping through the hole in the tree’s core, Alex and Phil found themselves in a large underground dungeon. Several rows of ledges lined the area with dark pokemon seated on all of them. Large rock structures surrounded the area like a broken gate. The center of attention: a huge, circular dais. An overpowering Shiftry stood on the center while holding two objects. Alex waited to see if the demented creature would hunch over and mutter “precious” while cuddling the dark orb and glowing seed in each of its hands. Moving from stone to stone, the group of forest pokemon started to advance towards the crowd. The Shiftry raised the holy objects, and its followers all cheered and hollered. Phil ducked behind Alex, afraid of what would happen next.

Suddenly, the forest pokemon leaped into the midst and a fight began. Alex’s original bravery was drained from his as he hid behind one of the boulders, but he was amazed at his allies will to fight against great odds. “This must be like life or death for them,” muttered Alex, receiving a nod from Phil. Suddenly, Phil cried, as a familiar Mightyena tore head from torso of a Furret who was doing what it could to attack a Stunky. The small cranium bounced to a halt by the pair’s hiding place. Alex spared politeness and kicked the head away while almost vomiting. More gore appeared, left and right; bodies and limbs appeared all around the floor. Alex started to move away from the area when suddenly a stomach wrenching laugh was heard from of stage. The Shiftry had moved past anger and let dementia carry on its mission. It started to move the two pieces together and Phil and Alex cried in fear.

“Craawsqaaawk!”

The elder Chatot flew in from behind Alex and swooped in at the Shiftry. “Yeah!” cheered Alex thinking that they won until the two halves flew out of Shiftry’s hands and landed in the crowd of fighting. Alex’s expression slid off his face as he started to look all around for a glimpse of the treasures. He stumbled over to Phil and slowly whispered, “Oh Phil, its time to shine, I need your help. Somewhere in that,” pointing into the rumble, “are two halves of Celebi’s life force. You’re small and can roll in between all of that mess. I just want you to look wherever you can, but if some one starts to attack, I want you to coat yourself with a Gyro Ball in defense, then run.”

“Py, py!” replied Phil, understanding his assignment. Alex left Phil, trusting him with his responsibility, and circled around the boulders, not wanting to be hurt by any attacks. After all, he didn’t know any pokemon moves. “All I have to do is reach in and run if I grab it,” thought Alex, trying to reassure his fear.

The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

Coel: Although an eerie graveyard is the last place on earth you would have liked to find yourself, especially after only having recently set out on your first adventure, you're not about to let Bix's sarcastic comments get you down and continue walking along with purpose as though this is exactly where you knew you'd end up and where you want to be. Being very in tune with your emotions, however, the little Ralts is well aware of the fact this place is making you quite uncomfortable and soon stops the banter as he's not exactly thrilled with the vibe of death and misery radiating from here either. It's late afternoon and in a couple of hours the graveyard is going to appear even less welcoming than it does now. While you're walking, you notice a boy of about five crouching outside of one of the crypt doors along the eastern edge of the cemetery with an Electrike. He's whispering to the little electric pup who is listening intently to its master and appears to be quite excited by his words. You also notice a girl of about thirteen kneeling by a headstone several rows down who is wiping tears from her eyes as she lays a bouquet of flowers in front of it. A few other people are leaving the grounds as it's getting quite late now and a distinct chill is settling in, and as you're wondering if you should perhaps leave as well to search out some shelter for the night you hear a "Psst!" coming from somewhere nearby. Looking around you see the boy next to the crypt looking at you before whispering, "Hey, mister!" Wondering what he wants you walk over and the boy grins at you. "Mister, I need you to guard this door. It's hiding inside and will escape if I leave but I'll sneak back after bedtime so don't let it out ok?" Just then the girl you'd noticed earlier approaches. "Kevin! Come on, we have to go home now," she calls, looking you up and down curiously. "Please excuse my brother," she says by way of apology before taking Kevin's hand. "I'm sure he's been filling your head with stories of dangerous ghouls, but I can assure you he's just a boy with an over-active imagination. You know how kids are." As she leads him away with Electrike trotting alongside them, she looks back over her shoulder. "See you around if the ghouls don't get ya!" she laughs, before they disappear from view and leave you standing there wondering what they're talking about. Dangerous ghouls? Hardly. But then a loud crash from inside the crypt causes both you and Ralts to start. Looking at each other, you wonder if you should perhaps investigate. Kevin did ask you to stand guard, after all...
    "Right, i'll keep that in mind, thanks," he replied to the girls comment, his sarcasm laced with clear hints of nervousness. It would have been absolutely fine however if not for the loud crashing noise coming from the crypt he had just been instructed to 'guard'. Now as much as he loved listening and being bossed around by five year olds, which quite frankly he found himself in this position often, he wasn't one to give in to their demands. Willing that is. It seemed a horrible time but the blond chose this moment in time to have a horrible flashback of his bratty younger brother who seemed to have a knack for getting him to do things against his will, most of which involved cookies, money or, well, more cookies. Though the boy, Kevin was it, seemed a great deal nicer and he seemed far more willing to accept his request. Though his older sister, she didn't see very nice at all. He was all for respecting those who respected the dead, as it seems like she had been visiting someone or something herself but something about her just put him straight off.

"You know, i'm still here," added Bix impatiently who had the utmost honour of being able to see each and every one of his trainers thoughts. No matter how emotionally unstable his trainer may be the small psychic-type refused to let their shared link the Ralts family had to their trainers get to him. Though admitidly he too was curious to what the little boy and slightly bigger girl had to say. Ghouls, ghosts, whatever she was on about it had Bix curious and if he knew his trainer he knew he'd be inching away from the place, right, about...
    "Where do you think you're going?"
    "I'm chickening out and running away it seems," MTC replied casually, masking his fear with a casual laugh as if what he said was funny. To which it really wasn't.
    "It seems rather counter-productive, you find somewhere of which you can proove yourself to be less of a coward but choose to continue your 'yellow' streak and run off. Not even subtly I might add..."

"Okay, okay, yeah, i'm scared. Who wouldn't be? I mean, you heard that loud noise too, right? What kind of loud noises happen in the middle of a graveyard at this time, eh? Yeah, you know it too, ghosts, ghouls just like the girl said. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just walk away. No, actually, give me one good reason why I'm not, at this moment, running away," MTC took a deep breath.

"I don't need to be psychic to tell how you're feeling. You talk too much when you're nervous, that and you pretty much said it yourself," the psychic-type continued, "You wanted one good reason why you should stay and see whatever comes? Well I think you already know the reason - Sam."
    MTC narrowed his eyes maliciously, "Oh yes... Sam." he made sure to emphisize every single word in his sentance.

Bix knew he had him, his trainer's rival always got the boy rilled up, "Ha, I can only imagine what he'd be saying if he saw you now. Actually, I don't think he'd say anything."
    He knew exactly what the Ralts was on about. "That laugh," his eye began to twitch in sheer frustration, half of which was layed on a little too thick. He raised his hand, extending his index finger to it's fullest, "Right, let's go investigate that noise!"

"In the time it took you to decide that whatever's in there is probably long gone," Bix smirked
    "Ah good, that means we don't have to go. Oh well, let's head to wherever those two were off..."
    "No, we're still going," the Ralts stated, very matter of factly.
    "Remind me who's the Pokemon here?" Bix decided to quiet down, taking this as a personal victory as MTC sighed, heading forward. "Hold on," MTC stopped in his tracks, using any opertunity to prolong his entry of the forboding crypt. Quickly rustling through his bag he soon pulled out a round voltorb-like object. However, by the way the boy violently threw it forward it was obviously not a Voltorb. That or a Voltorb with a cracked head as the red and white object split in half, white light taking the shape of a small fluffy cloud-like bird.
    "Swa swa," the small bird greeted the fresh air with an un-rivaled level of chipper naivety.
    "Oh yeah, I got a new Pokemon," MTC announced out of the blue, puffing his chest out proudly. "Her name is Tweeta."
    "Tweeta... Bix... Tweetabix" Bix glared at his trainer stupidity as he laughed at his own horrible naming scheme. "She isn't coming with us is she?"
    "Of course she is, why else would I have let her out," MTC frowned, looking down to the hyper-active bird who was attempting to hug Bix much to Bix's dismay. "Okay guys, looks like we've built it up enough, time for the climax, onwards we go!" Seemingly forgetting the fear he had only minutes ago expressed.
    "Idiot..."
    "Swaaaa~!"
    At last, the tw- I mean, three headed forward, this time for sure.
    Last edited by enchantress; 11th September 2009 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Corrected size tags
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile
    Link

Tenorphin: Deliberating over the strange markings on the wall it takes a few moments to realise each of them represents a letter of the alphabet which in turn spells out the word, "Twister". Mulling over this it doesn't take long for you to connect the word with the attack move Twister which, thankfully, Cantare had learned just prior to your ending up in here. Unfortunately he's not had a great deal of time in which to perfect his use of the move and after several failed attempts finds himself huffing and puffing, not to mention a little worse for wear after having gotten himself caught up in his own gust of wind and buffeted around a little. He ruffles his feathers, however, and puffs his chest out, his arrogance getting the better of him after you suggest he take a rest, finally whipping up a tight, cyclonic wind that he sends reeling toward the word etched into the wall. Standing back, you're barely able to contain your excitement and watch with bated breath while the Twister pounds the chamber wall, your eyes practically bugging out of your head when the letters themselves seem to come alive. One by one they're drawn out into the strong wind, spinning round and round as the humming in the room becomes louder. A beautiful pinkish psychic glow fills the room as the Twister dissipates, the letters still spinning in the air before moving back into their original positions. As the final "R" fits back into its place in the wall, a hidden door opens, allowing you to pass through before it shuts behind you again. Cantare is looking rather pleased with himself, if not a tad mystified by the next room. You gaze around noting there is not one, but three new sets of inscriptions. One on the wall to your left, one on the wall to your right, and the third directly opposite. Moving in to examine them, you see that they read:

On the left wall

On the right wall

Directly ahead

Hmm, what to do?
    With the twister finally subsided, revealing a set of 7 floating Unowns spinning and circling in the chamber, Shou felt himself go weak in the knee. "What's happening?" He yelled in surprise, before deciding that it's a bad idea, since Cantare started yelling it too. Adding it on Cantare's panicky behaviour, i.e. flapping around, as if it was trying to escape from being sucked into the twister, Shou actually laughed at the appropriateness of that sentence.

The Unowns finally returned to their original locations one by one. Almost immediately, a tiny crack appeared on the wall with a loud creaking noise, causing Shou to clap his hands to his ears immediately. Following it, the crack enlarged rapidly, shaking the ground and knocking Shou off balance. Hitting the ground on his backside, Shou yelped and grumbled for a bit as he tried standing back up without much success. Cantare, on the other hand, was flying so he wasn't affected at all. Lucky bastard, Shou thought, somehow a little annoyed that his partner was mimicking his grumbles while he was struggling to his feet.

As the wall inched sidewards, revealing what looks like another chamber, Shou gave Cantare a nasty look. Again? He thought. Going through the wall/door into the second chamber, Shou took a good look of it. It was just a tad bit larger than the last chamber, but it has more torches too. The wall was still grimy and mossy, and there seemed like no way out. But Shou knew better. "There had to be an inscription somewhere." Shou told Cantare, who responded with "Inscreeption sumwear!" Chuckling at the sentence, Shou found himself more tolerant of Cantare's outbursts of mimicry. Maybe it was the loneliness down here, he thought. It seems that he wasn't too used to talking to his Pokémon yet.

Shou was startled by the wall/door closing behind him as he was being self-absorbed in his thoughts. Cantare was doing a mimicry of a laughing Rapidash Shou had no idea where he'd learnt from. "Quiet you!" Shou felt himself blush being laughed at by his Chatot and tickled Cantare with gusto. The music note slash bird Pokémon, of course, wasn't so stupid. It flew around the room, stopping at the middle of each of the walls briefly to bounce to another wall before Shou caught up. Before long, Shou stopped chasing Cantare, having glimpsed at one of the walls to find that there were another set of Unown inscription, and the other two were soon uncovered too under careful inspection of Shou and Cantare.

"Sing, Keen Eye, Berry?" Shou wondered out loud. "Let's try singing, it's our profession after all." Shou told Cantare, getting the reply "pro-fesh-shawn" from the hilarious Pokémon. Shou went to the left wall from the wall he'd walk into the room, and start singing. The wall didn't move. Not even one bit. I guess it would have to be a Pokémon, then? Biting back disappointment, Shou thought. He then ordered Cantare to sing. The bird only stared at Shou oddly. "It can't be! You don't know how to sing?" Cantare shook his head vigorously. "Lies! How do yo-" Shou started to get a little frustrated. Cantare sang when they first met, sang with him the whole time they were together. But wait... He's only mimicking my voices every single time? Realisation hit Shou soon after. Shou held Cantare in his palms and apologised to him, even though Cantare doesn't even seem fazed by his sudden accusation.

"Let's try the others." Shou told Cantare, earning a very distorted version of the same sentence. "Berry... I don't really want to just throw it away, but I don't exactly know how to comprehend Keen Eye, unless you stare into it, Cantare?" Shou asked doubtfully. Cantare blinked once, twice, and hopped in front of the wall inscribed with "Keen Eye" and stare at it, specifically, the inscriptions. Hoping that it'd work, Shou imagined what it would be for the next room. Will it be like this one, with more inscriptions on the wall? Or will it be a treasure room that would make Shou a millionaire before he get out of the place and have lots of coins? Maybe it's a way out too! Shou got excited thinking about it.

For a moment, it seemed like nothing was going to happen. Nevertheless, Shou swore that the ground shook a little when Cantare was still staring at the wall's inscription. Spooky. I never knew Cantare had such a patience to do anything. Looks like I've got much to learn.
    Bizzy Fuzzles

Cantare ♂ ------- Leo ♂ ------- Fagan ♀

Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar

OrangeDonphan: Your first paragraph would have been better suited to your last reply as you ended that one by entering the tree, so beginning this one while you're still outside doesn't really fit. Also, there is no mention of Ludicolo as it's still back in the glade where you'd initially come across it so there are just a couple of little things to note there.

Diving into the fighting mass isn't at all appealing to either of you, but Phil is a brave little fellow and races in at full throttle, determined to do what he can to retrieve the items you need. Dodging around the boulders lining the edge of the battlefield, you keep your eyes peeled, praying that no attacks come your way. After several nerve-wracking minutes Phil comes hurtling out of the crowd using Gyro Ball to send a couple of Sneasel who where trying to halt his escape flying in opposite directions. Proud of the little guy you notice he has the orb curled in his trunk and the seed secured in his mouth, and quickly taking the orb from him, you both flee up and out of the crater leaving the battle raging behind you. Chatot had been quite clear about the fact you need to return both items to the glade, but if you have to choose between the two then the seed seems to be the most important of the two as it has not yet been tainted by any dark energy. Just as you're exiting the crater and entering the base of the tree you find your first obstacle in the form of a rather mangy looking Poochyena who is snarling viciously at the two of you and blocking your exit path back into the forest. Tucking the orb safely into your pocket you then proceed to take the seed from Phil who is eyeing Poochyena with surprising malice. It appears that witnessing the lengths the forest Pokémon are going to to save their forest has given your little sidekick quite a confidence boost. Whether it's that or the fact his adrenaline is still rushing after having been in the midst of the fighting is anyones guess, but whatever the case it appears he isn't about to let the dark pup get the better of him and takes an attack stance, awaiting your instructions...

Coel: Taking all things into consideration, the longer you think about it you come to realise only one thing; coming here was a very bad idea. Your fear only serves to feed Bix's less than pleasing taunting side, however, and it isn't long before he's delving into unwelcome territory and dragging up memories of your rival, using him to utterly manipulate you once again. You may have started out on this journey wanting to turn a new leaf and not allow Bix to get the better of you, but it seems old habits die hard and he already has you exactly where he wants you. With Kevin and his sister now the furthest things from your mind, you're out to prove that you're not the coward Bix seems to think you are and proceed to release your newest teammate to accompany you upon your investigation of the crypt. There is safety in numbers, after all...

Upon entering the stone structure you feel a chill creep up your spine not only because it's quite cold in here, but because the aura of death surrounds you. Four lanterns light the room, one in each corner, shedding enough light for you to see your surroundings. Pleased that you've not found yourself cloaked in complete darkness you notice a shattered urn on the far side of the room and find yourself thankful there are no ashes spread on the floor around it. A large coffin is resting in the middle of the room, while eight smaller ones line the walls and several more urns sit in alcoves in the wall. Each of the coffins have plaques atop them, with plaques also hanging on the walls beside each urn. Although curious to read them, the shattered urn on the floor has your attention as it can't have just fallen by itself. Adding to this Kevin stated quite clearly that "It's hiding inside," and you can't help but wonder what "it" is, and why it would smash the urn.

While you're pondering this, Swablu sits on your shoulder nibbling your earlobe affectionately while Bix shoots her death stares. You take no notice of him, however, as you soon hear a scuttling sound and scamper backward toward the exit. It stops, and you check the room again, realising that whatever is hiding in here must be behind one of the coffins. Gulping down the knot of fear slowly but surely forming in your throat you step carefully forward, checking behind each of the coffins while Bix trails along behind you. Just as you're approaching the last of the small ones along the back wall of the crypt a shadow leaps out at you and you yell, jumping back and nearly tripping over Bix who is far too full of himself to admit that he'd been scared as well. Gathering yourself, you find the culprit to be none other than a Nincada, and a rather feisty one at that which seems a little out of the ordinary for its species, but it seems Nincada isn't the only thing present in the room if the sobbing from behind the coffin it had been hiding behind is anything to go by...

Tenorphin: With three choices before you, you contemplate each one. With Cantare being unable to sing properly just yet this seems out of the question, and not quite prepared to give up a berry from your sparse collection, you finally turn to the last option; Keen Eye. This can mean only one thing, and thankfully this is something that Cantare may be able to perform. Though you're not certain how staring at a wall will help, you stand back and watch him as he appears to enter an almost hypnotic state whilst staring intently at the inscription on the wall. After about a minute of inactivity your jaw practically drops as Cantare appears to float across the room. He's completely unaware of the fact he's moving at all, and as he stops directly in front of the inscription, just hovering there while the humming sound increases in intensity, you practically leap out of your skin when he suddenly breaks free of his trance and screeches excitedly. "Lever!" he cries, flapping his wings wildly. "Lever! Lever!" When he tries unsuccessfully to force his wing through the wall you step closer to notice the spot he's trying to reach is actually a cleverly disguised alcove. You can stand directly in front of it and not notice it at all, but when reaching into the concrete slab find that there isn't one there at all. This illusion is obviously designed to hide the secret alcove from the naked eye, but when a Pokémon with the Keen Eye ability stares at it they can see it for what it is. Reaching in and hoping you don't find yourself caught up in some kind of trap you feel a wooden stick, a lever, just like Cantare had said. Wrapping your fingers around it you push, but it doesn't give. Then, pulling it upward, you hear a click as it gives way, and a second later find another secret door opening in the wall. Cantare rushes through, leaving you to follow quickly before it closes, and once again you find yourself standing in another chamber only without any inscriptions on the walls.

This chamber is much larger than the previous two, the humming you've been hearing most definitely coming from here although you cannot see what's causing it. The room is completely empty with the exception of a black marble pedestal in the centre atop which rests an odd stone of some sort, and although there doesn't appear to be any obvious way out you're sure there's an exit here somewhere. Cantare flits about examining the room, attempting to use his Keen Eye ability again in case there is another illusion for him to find, but there is nothing. You join him, and after a good half hour of scouring every nook and cranny and coming up with nothing become quite frustrated. At this point, the humming intensifies again, and certain something is about to happen hold your breath while waiting for it. Surely enough, a purplish glow starts to form, and a moment later you find yourself staring into the tormented eyes of a very sad and lonely Mismagius. "Please help me..." she pleads. "Help free me from this prison and I'll show you the way out..."

handymankg2: It doesn't take Ponyta long to free you, and before long, after freeing Belle from the confines of your knapsack, you're making your way back over to the group gathered in a wide circle around Reg. The head of the Nightbringers stands next to him which isn't at all surprising considering the power Reg holds in his hands, and as silence sets in all eyes are turned to the man who is about to summon Jirachi. Reg looks nervous, his eyes scanning the crowd for any sign of you, but you know you can't reveal yourself with Jack standing close by watching Reg intently, and are sure to keep yourself hidden amongst the crowd. Reg's eyes meet Jack's and in that moment, as Jack sneers cockily at him, Reg suspects his game is up. He falters for a moment, knowing that if he plays the flute now and fails to summon Jirachi, all of the years he's spent infiltrating this organisation in order to prevent this very event from working in the way the Nightbringers had hoped will be lost. Trying to put yourself in his shoes, you think over what you know. Reg doesn't have the real flute, but everyone thinks he does. Jack himself had even gloated about being the one to have initially acquired it. In the worst case scenario Reg could play the fake and then claim ignorance, possibly even accusing Jack of having stolen the genuine artifact which could at least buy Reg enough time to save himself and for you to get the hell out of here. Wondering what he'll do, you watch closely as Reg raises the instrument to his lips, reaching into your pack to remove your own. As the crystal clear notes of the glass replica ring out into the desert night, you realise for the first time that you can't play the real flute here because everyone will hear it. You're too close to the action! Its too late to retreat however, so you swiftly make your way to the back of the crowd and place the flute to your lips, playing it as softly as you can and hoping for the best.

When the sweet melody Reg is playing stops, you stop playing as well, your heart beating so heavily in your chest that you feel it's about to explode. All eyes are turned to him as dead silence fills the night, and when nothing happens and the angry murmurs begin, you know you've not played the flute properly. The head Nightbringer reaches out to grab the flute, accidentally knocking it out of Reg's hand so that it drops to the ground, shattering against a small rock upon the sand. Reg feigns shock, staring at it in disbelief, while Jack races forward screaming hysterically. "It's a fake! Its a fake! He's fooling us all! He wants it for himself so that HE can rule the world!" Reg looks aghast, his expression very real, for this is not his intention at all despite the fact Jack is partly correct in his accusation of the flute being a copy. "Him and his little buddy cooked up a plan, they've fooled you aallll!" Jack squeals madly. It's at this point you realise that you need to flee because Reg's plan is unravelling quickly, and despite Reg's protests to the contrary, the angry crowd, including the head Nightbringer, appear to believe Jack. Just as you're about to turn and run you watch the head Nightbringers arm swing forward. It all happens so quickly that there's not even enough time to yell out a warning, and the next minute Reg drops to the desert floor to land in a pool of his own blood that is seeping from his throat and into the sand. His blank, lifeless eyes stare into yours, and you run, fleeing for your life as orders are barked to the crowd to hunt you down and bring you back; dead or alive.

Taking cover in the first place you find, you run into one of the canvas tents pitched nearby. Luckily the Nightbringers seem to think you've escaped into the desert, however, and are all either driving out in jeeps or riding their Pokémon out into the desert in search of you. After several minutes you dare to peek out, the sight of Reg's body laying on the sand unnerving to say the least, but at least everyone seems to have disappeared and so you take the chance to sneak out to escape before they return to find you hiding here. You've not gotten far though, when a familiar gloating laugh causes your heart to sink. "You didn't really think you were gunna get away with it, did ya?" Jack drawls, and as you turn to face him you see something glinting in the moonlight as he throws it at you. "Jirachi is mine!" Jack yells as the knife he'd stolen from you earlier hurtles toward your face, Ponyta leaping forward to prevent you from being hurt only to be struck in the chest instead. It drops to the ground, neighing softly as its blood seeps into the desert sand, and for the second time in a matter of minutes you watch as the second of the only two allies you had out here dies before your eyes. Belle is beside herself, and moves into attack position, ready to battle the boy who had just taken the life of her new friend, Jack snickering as he reaches for a Pokéball. "Pitiful creature," he sneers, a wicked grin on his face. "Let's see how you like this!" he yells, releasing a Nuzleaf. While you're struggling to comprehend how things have turned upside down, going from bad to worse in a less than ten minutes, the only thing you're thankful for is the fact you still have the flute. There is so much more to consider now, the simple wish you had before now not being such a simple thing after all. Wishing the Nightbringers didn't exist won't bring Reg or Ponyta back, or get you out of this mess, because the organisation can always reform under a different name. You need to think very carefully before summoning the legendary, because so much more is at stake now. First things first though is Jack. You'll need to do something about him so that you're able to make your wish without him getting in the way...

handymankg2: It doesn't take Ponyta long to free you, and before long, after freeing Belle from the confines of your knapsack, you're making your way back over to the group gathered in a wide circle around Reg. The head of the Nightbringers stands next to him which isn't at all surprising considering the power Reg holds in his hands, and as silence sets in all eyes are turned to the man who is about to summon Jirachi. Reg looks nervous, his eyes scanning the crowd for any sign of you, but you know you can't reveal yourself with Jack standing close by watching Reg intently, and are sure to keep yourself hidden amongst the crowd. Reg's eyes meet Jack's and in that moment, as Jack sneers cockily at him, Reg suspects his game is up. He falters for a moment, knowing that if he plays the flute now and fails to summon Jirachi, all of the years he's spent infiltrating this organisation in order to prevent this very event from working in the way the Nightbringers had hoped will be lost. Trying to put yourself in his shoes, you think over what you know. Reg doesn't have the real flute, but everyone thinks he does. Jack himself had even gloated about being the one to have initially acquired it. In the worst case scenario Reg could play the fake and then claim ignorance, possibly even accusing Jack of having stolen the genuine artifact which could at least buy Reg enough time to save himself and for you to get the hell out of here. Wondering what he'll do, you watch closely as Reg raises the instrument to his lips, reaching into your pack to remove your own. As the crystal clear notes of the glass replica ring out into the desert night, you realise for the first time that you can't play the real flute here because everyone will hear it. You're too close to the action! Its too late to retreat however, so you swiftly make your way to the back of the crowd and place the flute to your lips, playing it as softly as you can and hoping for the best.

When the sweet melody Reg is playing stops, you stop playing as well, your heart beating so heavily in your chest that you feel it's about to explode. All eyes are turned to him as dead silence fills the night, and when nothing happens and the angry murmurs begin, you know you've not played the flute properly. The head Nightbringer reaches out to grab the flute, accidentally knocking it out of Reg's hand so that it drops to the ground, shattering against a small rock upon the sand. Reg feigns shock, staring at it in disbelief, while Jack races forward screaming hysterically. "It's a fake! Its a fake! He's fooling us all! He wants it for himself so that HE can rule the world!" Reg looks aghast, his expression very real, for this is not his intention at all despite the fact Jack is partly correct in his accusation of the flute being a copy. "Him and his little buddy cooked up a plan, they've fooled you aallll!" Jack squeals madly. It's at this point you realise that you need to flee because Reg's plan is unravelling quickly, and despite Reg's protests to the contrary, the angry crowd, including the head Nightbringer, appear to believe Jack. Just as you're about to turn and run you watch the head Nightbringers arm swing forward. It all happens so quickly that there's not even enough time to yell out a warning, and the next minute Reg drops to the desert floor to land in a pool of his own blood that is seeping from his throat and into the sand. His blank, lifeless eyes stare into yours, and you run, fleeing for your life as orders are barked to the crowd to hunt you down and bring you back; dead or alive.

Taking cover in the first place you find, you run into one of the canvas tents pitched nearby. Luckily the Nightbringers seem to think you've escaped into the desert, however, and are all either driving out in jeeps or riding their Pokémon out into the desert in search of you. After several minutes you dare to peek out, the sight of Reg's body laying on the sand unnerving to say the least, but at least everyone seems to have disappeared and so you take the chance to sneak out to escape before they return to find you hiding here. You've not gotten far though, when a familiar gloating laugh causes your heart to sink. "You didn't really think you were gunna get away with it, did ya?" Jack drawls, and as you turn to face him you see something glinting in the moonlight as he throws it at you. "Jirachi is mine!" Jack yells as the knife he'd stolen from you earlier hurtles toward your face, Ponyta leaping forward to prevent you from being hurt only to be struck in the chest instead. It drops to the ground, neighing softly as its blood seeps into the desert sand, and for the second time in a matter of minutes you watch as the second of the only two allies you had out here dies before your eyes. Belle is beside herself, and moves into attack position, ready to battle the boy who had just taken the life of her new friend, Jack snickering as he reaches for a Pokéball. "Pitiful creature," he sneers, a wicked grin on his face. "Let's see how you like this!" he yells, releasing a Nuzleaf. While you're struggling to comprehend how things have turned upside down, going from bad to worse in a less than ten minutes, the only thing you're thankful for is the fact you still have the flute. There is so much more to consider now, the simple wish you had before now not being such a simple thing after all. Wishing the Nightbringers didn't exist won't bring Reg or Ponyta back, or get you out of this mess, because the organisation can always reform under a different name. You need to think very carefully before summoning the legendary, because so much more is at stake now. First things first though is Jack. You'll need to do something about him so that you're able to make your wish without him getting in the way...
    Rick smiled very weakly as he was freed by Ponyta, and Rick quickly scrambled for his backpack, quickly gripping the zip that opened the bag, and thrusting it down at a lightning fast pace, allowing his Combee, Belle, to quickly fly out of his backpack, flinging it round onto his back soon after, a dull thud resounding as it hit Ricks back, quickly being zipped up again; he had no time to check if anything had been stolen at this point. The Combee that came out of his rucksack beamed happily towards Rick, happy to be freed from the constraints that it had been bound too for the last few minutes. She fluttered rapidly around the small space of area they were in, making sure that she wasn’t injured in any ways, and that all her senses still worked clearly. Ponyta neighed softly, reminding Rick, who had been watching Combee rather thoughtlessly thus far, of what he had come here to do. Turning quickly and walking towards the area he seemed to remember he should be in, he quickly ducked behind a tent, making sure that he could still see what was going on, but was well hidden from the eyes of anyone looking behind them. What Rick could see was what he was expecting, really, but still, the sight of it was really unnerving. The entire collective unit of the Nightbringerss was rather large indeed, several rings of people circling the center of a small clearing, free of tents. People were chatting animatedly as Rick noticed the man he was looking for, Reg, standing in the center of the ring, being stared down by both the Nighthawk leader, and Jack, Ricks evil little doppelganger who had tied Rick to a post not long ago, threatening him with a gun, which is something Rick didn’t particularly take very kind too. Rick watched carefully as Regs eyes began to dart the area, searching for what Rick assumed could only be him, the person who was holding the flute of which the entire Nightbringer army was looking to use. Rick made sure to keep himself concealed, however, as he wanted not the entire Nighthawk army, specifically Jack, attacking him should the plan go wrong. Reg looked slightly worried when he couldn’t see Rick in the area, and turned to Jack, who was standing very close to Reg. He gave a very cocky smile, and Rick saw Regs expression falter. Rick attempted to put himself in Regs shoes; what he must be thinking right now. It had taken the man several years to get into the huge criminal organisation like this, and he was now putting his very life in the hands of a young kid like Rick, whos only Pokemon on hand was a three headed bee. Yes, who wouldn’t be worried at that thought?

Rick watched carefully as Reg put the flute to his lips, and attempted to mimic the movement perfectly; if he played it too quickly or slowly, the cover might be blown for Reg, which would be disastrous for both of them. Rick was surprised at the fact that the Replica was actually playing some pretty soothing music, and as he started to copy, he quickly stopped. He knew that if he played from here, he would certainly be heard by the Nightbringers, and most certainly be killed seconds after. Backing away slightly from the crowd, Rick attempted to play the flute as lightly as possible, making some very light serene sounds, Rick smiling as it played. When Reg stopped playing however, so did Rick, and Ricks eyes widened as absolutely nothing occurred; nothing. This was disastrous, and the angry murmurs of the Nighthawks soon confirmed that they weren’t happy with what was going on, some of them even moving closer towards Reg, fists raised. One of the Nightbringers attempted to reach out and take the flute from Reg in anger, but instead knocked it to the ground, the flute shattering into tiny pieces as it did so. Rick sighed, this was it, they had failed. But then again, Reg still had the ignorance card, right, he could blame it on Jack…Well, he could off, at least, until Jacks voice resounded loudly through the area, making Rick curse under his breath as it did so. Despite Regs arguments, the crowd aren’t buying anything, apparently willing to believe the Jack. As Rick got ready to run, he saw the lead Nightbringers arm strike forwards, and slam into Reg, knocking him straight down to the ground. Combees eyes widened as it happened, as did Ricks, Reg lying in his own pool of blood on the floor as the Nightbringers looked angrily around. Rick heard orders barked, and soon decided it was now or never to escape, and ran towards the nearest tent he could find, the group of three leaping in and silently hiding themselves, Nightbringers running past in the search for Rick and his pals, whereas Rick was still perfectly okay in the tent. He began to think slowly about what had happened; it was a horrible thing to think about. Rick had unknowingly brought the death of the only person that had showed him kindness in the desert, and someone who seemed like a fairly nice man. What had gone wrong? What had caused his death to happen so quickly. Was he wrong about Jirachi appearing if played early? All these questions resounded through Ricks head as he heard the running stop, and he walked out of the tent quickly, deciding to escape before anything else happens.

However, Rick hadn’t got very far before the familiar voice of Jacks sounds through the area, and Rick turns to find him standing there, Pokeball in hand. Jack was also wielding a knife, and before Rick could react, the knife was flinging directly at Ricks face. His eyes were now widened fully; this was the end of his life, meaning that everything he had fought for today and previously was in vain; it was the end of the world. He stood standing, waiting for the oncoming dagger and…it never came, instead, smashing into Ponyta, who was flung flying down onto the floor in front of Rick, the life being sucked out of the horse as it whinnied for a final time, the eyes in its socket turning completely white. Rick could barely comprehend it; the Pokemon who had been working with Rick for the last two days, someone who had become like a friend, was now lying dead on the floor in front of him. Rick barely saw as Jack released a Nuzleaf in front of him, anger simply boiling up in Ricks mind. He would end this now, and Jack would pay for what he had done, he would pay big time. When Rick got that wish…it was too late to think of that now. All he could think of was battling, and most importantly, winning. “Belle, you’re up. Gust him quickly, follow it with an Aerial Ace, and extract our Fury in Cutter form.” The Bee nodded, apparently just as distraut, and headed towards the enemy for the first turn of the battle.

Beyond the Looking Glass Kori Gotcha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Cubone View Post
    Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)

Walking together through the scrub, your foursome begins to encounter an area where the signs of life are more common. A bit of discarded food here and there, sometimes a feather shed by a bird Pokémon. Torchic picks up a discarded feather in his beak and tickles Cyndaquil with it, causing the two to erupt in another bout of playing, tickling eachother with the feather until Cyndaquil sneezes, accidentally scorching the little feather. Kiera giggles a little at the scene, and you can’t help but smile yourself at the two playing side by side, new friends. Your mind can’t help but wander to your future- how many new friends are there ahead of you and Torchic? Who might they be? Of course, you’re looking for your first ever capture here by the lake of Mediville, and that might just be the greatest friend for Torchic of all.

After several minutes of looking for Pokémon, the two of you stop, having found nothing.
    “That’s odd.” Kiera says, “There’s usually plenty of Pokémon around here, I used to come here with my older sister before she moved out.”
    “Doesn’t seem to be much around at the moment” you reply, stating the obvious.
    “Chiiic!” Torchic squawks in agreement, playing with some grass out of boredom.
    “I wonder why it’s so quiet around here?” You ask. Kiera shrugs, and gazes around until she spots something and stops dead. You track her eyes to spot a small Slakoth, which surprisingly for a species noted for its laziness is running at full speed across your path. Your eyes and Kiera’s meet and the question is obvious- what to do?
    Kori and Kiera continued to walk on. as signs of pokemon became more and more apparent. Broken nut shells left behind by a Rattata or a Bidoof, pecked at seeds and scratched dirt, telltale signs of any number of small bird types, and a small coiled up turd that Kori almost stepped into if Kiera didn’t warn him. Kori’s heartbeat quickened with anticipation. It was like they were getting closer and closer to their eventual goal. Kori’s Torchic found a feather on the ground and grabbed it in between it’s beak. He let Kiera’s Cyndaquil get farther ahead of him and proceeded to sneak up behind her.

Hehehe, this is gonna be funny as hell. Thought the little Torchic as it krept up behind Kiera’s Cyndaquil, step by step when he smoothly brushed the feather on the Cyndaquil’s back. “CYNDAAAAA!” yelled the Cyndaquil. Torchic chirped in laughter, dropping the feather from it’s beak. Cyndaquil quickly grabbed the feather and began to retaliate. “Cynda, Cynda, Cynda, Cynda!” Take that, and that, and that, and that!. The Torchic’s eyes began to bead with tears from laughter as Cyndaquil continued her relentless assault until a small piece of feather broke off and fluttered it’s way into Cyndaquil’s nose, causing her to sneeze. A small jet of fire burst out of Cyndaquils mouth from the following sneeze, a bit of the feather getting caught in the blaze. Torchic and Cyndaquil looked at the smoldering feather and laughed a little. Kori and Kiera chuckled at the silliness of their little fire types and kept on moving.

It was a while longer and the mood died down quite dramatically from high energy and playful to boredom and disappointment. “That’s odd.” Kiera says, “There’s usually plenty of Pokémon around here, I used to come here with my older sister before she moved out.”
    “Doesn’t seem to be much around at the moment” you reply, stating the obvious.
    “Chiiic!” Torchic squawks in agreement, playing with some grass out of boredom.
    “I wonder why it’s so quiet around here?” You ask. Thinking back, there were signs of lenty of Pokemon activity, but not a whole lot of human activity. If Pokemon were here, then they should still be here Kori reasoned. Kiera could only shrug on the answer since she only had as much of a clue as Kori did. Kori walked over to a tree and sat down against it, a little dejected from this experience, and, very much like the Pokemon, began to pull the grass out. Kiera let out a sigh and began to follow Kori when her eyes found something brown in the distance. She turned and to her surprise, there was a small pokemon!
    “Kori, look!” she said pointing. Kori’s attention perked up and he rushed over to Kiera’s side where he too saw it.
    “Alright! Let’s see what the ‘Dex has to say about this.” he said and pointed his Pokedex in the Slakoth’s direction.

“Slakoth, the Slacker Pokémon. Slakoth is generally found sleeping and very few ever witness it in motion.” said the computer book in it’s robotic tone. Kori and Kiera looked at the entry a little puzzled.

“Hmm, if this thing is right, and Slakoth don’t move around very much, then how come it looks like this Slakoth…..” Kiera started to say until the tiny Pokemon quickly closed the gap between them and blew right past, kicking up a storm of dust. Kori and Kiera look into each others eyes, the same thought hatching behind their eyes.

“Let’s go after it!” they yell and they quickly begin running after Slakoth, Torchic and Cyndaquil running close behind. The Slakoth’s speed was amazing, especially for a pokemon of it’s usual nature, Kori and Kiera beginning to run out of breath merely by trying to keep up with the supposedly slow pokemon. The Slakoth kept on running, almost mechanical like, never noticing anyone behind it, only turning to avoid trees and brush.

“Man Kiera, what is going on with this place!” Kori asked.
    “I don’t know, this is really weird, I’ve never seen it like this, but what should we do with this Slakoth? Should we try to capture it?” she asked.
    “Actually, I think we should keep following it! I don’t know why, but my gut is telling me where this Slakoth is going might give us an answer about the rest of the other Pokemon that should be around here!” said Kori.

handymankg2: Emotions are high as this battle begins. The deaths of both Reg and Ponyta, the only two that you've met during the course of your adventure that you could have considered friends, weighing heavily on your heart. There is so much to consider, yet the outcome seems so simple. Or is it? There will always be evil in this world, and it will come in many shapes and forms, the Nightbringers being only one small element. In the grand scheme of things they're really not all that important, particularly considering they're relying upon Jirachi's wishes to give them what they want. If they truly want world domination they'll fight for it, and face many obstacles and people like Reg who will fight to bring them down, and perhaps one day someone will succeed. Not on this night however, for right now you can only take one step at a time, and in this very moment Jack is your focus. The boy could be your twin, but you shudder at the thought, your blood boiling for all that he's done, and as your eyes fall upon Ponyta's motionless body and you think about all it had done to help you despite the fact it is... was... still very young, you can't help but be angry over the injustice of it all. Two brave souls have died tonight, neither deserving to, and with all of this and more spinning around in your mind, you prepare to battle with Belle by your side.

The little Combee wastes no time in carrying out your instructions, so distraught by tonight's events that her emotions are giving her an added edge. This isn't just a trainer battle where the outcome will simply serve to provide her with much needed experience, this battle is about fighting for the will to survive, knocking the arrogant Jack down a peg or two, and avenging her fiery friend. This is personal. Belle's little wings flutter so fast that all you see is a blur, Gusts of wind carrying grains of the gritty desert sand pelting Nuzleaf who grunts angrily, trying to shield itself without success. When the wind dies down it stares at her through irritated eyes before unleashing a barrage of Razor sharp Leaves that, while intimidating, do little more than shave off a little fuzz from Belle's abdomen. She then starts to circle Nuzleaf, flying just high enough to be out of its reach, watching while it races in circles on the ground below her shaking its fist before attempting to strike her with another Razor Leaf. She dodges this easily as she sharply changes direction, moving in at lighting speed to strike her enemy with Aerial Ace, knocking Nuzleaf to the ground. Both trainer and Pokémon roar angrily, Jack's expression not so cocky anymore as Nuzleaf rises to its feet and spins around to Pound Belle hard on the back. She gasps, surprised, before her expression changes to one of utter determination and she flies at it in a rage, her little wings like sharpened knives as she slashes away at Nuzleaf with Fury Cutter. As the two Pokémon separate, staring each other down, it seems Nuzleaf has definitely come off worse for wear so far which only serves to add to Jack's fury. Belle has used a little more energy than you would have liked after that last unnatural attack, but considering she's holding her own against an evolved Pokémon, she's doing rather well...

handymankg2: Emotions are high as this battle begins. The deaths of both Reg and Ponyta, the only two that you've met during the course of your adventure that you could have considered friends, weighing heavily on your heart. There is so much to consider, yet the outcome seems so simple. Or is it? There will always be evil in this world, and it will come in many shapes and forms, the Nightbringers being only one small element. In the grand scheme of things they're really not all that important, particularly considering they're relying upon Jirachi's wishes to give them what they want. If they truly want world domination they'll fight for it, and face many obstacles and people like Reg who will fight to bring them down, and perhaps one day someone will succeed. Not on this night however, for right now you can only take one step at a time, and in this very moment Jack is your focus. The boy could be your twin, but you shudder at the thought, your blood boiling for all that he's done, and as your eyes fall upon Ponyta's motionless body and you think about all it had done to help you despite the fact it is... was... still very young, you can't help but be angry over the injustice of it all. Two brave souls have died tonight, neither deserving to, and with all of this and more spinning around in your mind, you prepare to battle with Belle by your side.

The little Combee wastes no time in carrying out your instructions, so distraught by tonight's events that her emotions are giving her an added edge. This isn't just a trainer battle where the outcome will simply serve to provide her with much needed experience, this battle is about fighting for the will to survive, knocking the arrogant Jack down a peg or two, and avenging her fiery friend. This is personal. Belle's little wings flutter so fast that all you see is a blur, Gusts of wind carrying grains of the gritty desert sand pelting Nuzleaf who grunts angrily, trying to shield itself without success. When the wind dies down it stares at her through irritated eyes before unleashing a barrage of Razor sharp Leaves that, while intimidating, do little more than shave off a little fuzz from Belle's abdomen. She then starts to circle Nuzleaf, flying just high enough to be out of its reach, watching while it races in circles on the ground below her shaking its fist before attempting to strike her with another Razor Leaf. She dodges this easily as she sharply changes direction, moving in at lighting speed to strike her enemy with Aerial Ace, knocking Nuzleaf to the ground. Both trainer and Pokémon roar angrily, Jack's expression not so cocky anymore as Nuzleaf rises to its feet and spins around to Pound Belle hard on the back. She gasps, surprised, before her expression changes to one of utter determination and she flies at it in a rage, her little wings like sharpened knives as she slashes away at Nuzleaf with Fury Cutter. As the two Pokémon separate, staring each other down, it seems Nuzleaf has definitely come off worse for wear so far which only serves to add to Jack's fury. Belle has used a little more energy than you would have liked after that last unnatural attack, but considering she's holding her own against an evolved Pokémon, she's doing rather well...
    Ricks emotions were soaring high above what they’d usually be at the moment, and he’d sure that his father would be ashamed if he saw him now, letting his fury and his sadness consume him like this. He was certain, however, that his mother would be extremely proud at him for the fact he has shown very important emotions in the recent moments. Passion, love, grief, all of these emotions would supposedly make him stronger, but currently, Rick had no idea how they could even be thought too, considering how much they deeply hurt. There is so much to consider, but he has so little time to do so, and thinking through briefly what had happened, he decided that he should focus fully on the battle at hand. He had no longer any care to what he was doing, however insignificant it may be in the face of the world, he would still fight. Fight until there was nothing left of the murderers that were the Nightbringers, even if he had to die trying, something that was becoming strangely obvious as an outcome. Considering that the Nightbringers weren’t strong enough to pose any threat to the world without Jirachis wishes, some may think that Ricks emotions were pointless. He would disagree strongly at any given time; he needed to honour those who had died fighting, and in the current period of time, this was the only way he could think off. He glanced once again down at the Ponyta. It looked tiny in death, but Rick knew for certain, it died a hero. Ricks hero, and he would avenge it no matter what.

Belle was soon to initiate Ricks orders, and flew straight into the battle like a blur, ready to avenge her fallen comrade against the wicked Jack and his unfortunate Pokemon. Rick felt slightly sorry for the Pokemon, as surely no Pokemon would want to serve a master as cruel as Jack. Rick thought to himself that the Pokemon may well love his master, though, as many Pokemon seem to do regardless of what their master has said or done. Their master will have raised them through thick and thin, trained them as a partner. It was best not to dwindle on these facts, though. All that was important was the Nuzleaf was serving the enemy, and as such had to be defeated in order to achieve the bigger picture. Simple, right? Rick smiled as Belle began to rapidly flutter her wings, her anger displayed in a Gust attack that was sent soaring at the enemy, winds being swept up as desert sands smacked against the opponent, who attempted to cover themselves as the attack hit for some good damage. Rick smirked, his first attack had worked. The Nuzleaf replied by launching a barrage of leaves at Razor sharp angles, which pelted Belle, but did little damage due to the typing of the bee. Belle now began her second move, flying in a circle around Nuzleaf, who thinking Belle was taking a breather, began to launch more of the Razor Leaves at Belle, who disappeared in a flash, appearing on the other side of the enemy as was normal for a Aerial Ace attack. Belle, however, was not expecting an after attack, and was shocked to find a Pounding feeling in her back, Nuzleaf having struck her. Her eyes quickly widened in rage, and she turned round swiftly, her Fury displayed as she began to cut Nuzleaf angrily, slashing like mad against the opponent. As the Pokemon separated, Rick smirked as he saw his partner was doing better than his opponent, but had used more energy than the Nuzleaf. It was time for turn two, and Rick was determined to win.

“Combee, start the round off with another Gust, aiming for the Pokemons feet to try and knock it over. Follow up with another Gust, which if the Nuzleaf was knocked over, should do some good damage. Finish with a Aerial Ace, making sure to wait until it was standing if it had been knocked over.” Rick eyed his Combee with adoration as she smiled weakly back at him, before turning, and going straight back into the battle against Jack and his rightly infuriated Nuzleaf.

Tenorphin: With three choices before you, you contemplate each one. With Cantare being unable to sing properly just yet this seems out of the question, and not quite prepared to give up a berry from your sparse collection, you finally turn to the last option; Keen Eye. This can mean only one thing, and thankfully this is something that Cantare may be able to perform. Though you're not certain how staring at a wall will help, you stand back and watch him as he appears to enter an almost hypnotic state whilst staring intently at the inscription on the wall. After about a minute of inactivity your jaw practically drops as Cantare appears to float across the room. He's completely unaware of the fact he's moving at all, and as he stops directly in front of the inscription, just hovering there while the humming sound increases in intensity, you practically leap out of your skin when he suddenly breaks free of his trance and screeches excitedly. "Lever!" he cries, flapping his wings wildly. "Lever! Lever!" When he tries unsuccessfully to force his wing through the wall you step closer to notice the spot he's trying to reach is actually a cleverly disguised alcove. You can stand directly in front of it and not notice it at all, but when reaching into the concrete slab find that there isn't one there at all. This illusion is obviously designed to hide the secret alcove from the naked eye, but when a Pokémon with the Keen Eye ability stares at it they can see it for what it is. Reaching in and hoping you don't find yourself caught up in some kind of trap you feel a wooden stick, a lever, just like Cantare had said. Wrapping your fingers around it you push, but it doesn't give. Then, pulling it upward, you hear a click as it gives way, and a second later find another secret door opening in the wall. Cantare rushes through, leaving you to follow quickly before it closes, and once again you find yourself standing in another chamber only without any inscriptions on the walls.

This chamber is much larger than the previous two, the humming you've been hearing most definitely coming from here although you cannot see what's causing it. The room is completely empty with the exception of a black marble pedestal in the centre atop which rests an odd stone of some sort, and although there doesn't appear to be any obvious way out you're sure there's an exit here somewhere. Cantare flits about examining the room, attempting to use his Keen Eye ability again in case there is another illusion for him to find, but there is nothing. You join him, and after a good half hour of scouring every nook and cranny and coming up with nothing become quite frustrated. At this point, the humming intensifies again, and certain something is about to happen hold your breath while waiting for it. Surely enough, a purplish glow starts to form, and a moment later you find yourself staring into the tormented eyes of a very sad and lonely Mismagius. "Please help me..." she pleads. "Help free me from this prison and I'll show you the way out..."
    As Cantare started to set its eyes on the inscription, Shou let himself take a break and shut his sore eyes, exhausted from the excessive squinting in the darkness and the constant anxiety since arriving at the Graveyard. using his remaining senses, particularly his acute sense of hearing, he could still tell if anything was wrong and react to it immediately. With his eyes closed, Shou realised that it wasn't all that different from just several minutes before, since it was also dark with humming in the back ground. The most obvious difference between the two situations is probably the decibel of the humming.

Hearing nothing from Cantare, who was still spouting random phrases just moments ago even when staring at the wall, Shou opened his eyes in order to look at where Cantare is. Cantare wasn't on the floor, where he originally was. Instinctively, Shou looked away and upwards from the ground. All he saw was, to his surprise, Cantare hovering towards the wall with the inscription. Why is Cantare hovering? Shouldn't Chatots fly instead? Realising he had his jaw dropped, Shou shut his mouth and started following Cantare to the wall. As he did that, the humming gets louder and louder by millidecibels, and the environment gets creepier every inch Shou moved in.

Shou was still wondering what happened to Cantare when the Pokémon started screeching, which sounded like someone hit an enormous bell beside his ears. "Cantare! What" "Lever!" "are you-" Shou's hand shot up to protect his ears from going deaf, yelling when he found out that Cantare was shouting something. "What did you just say?" "Lever! Lever!" "But there is no lev-" Shou pressed on the wall to show Cantare his point when his palm passed through the stone wall, rendering Shou off-balance. "Whaaa-" Shou yelled with a sudden fear of falling, flailing momentarily before his hand hit something solid. Shou sighed his relief. Reaching his other hand through the "wall", Shou finally understands what Cantare meant. The wall was an illusion, with a lever Shou hadn't found behind it to supposedly do something of utmost importance.

Feeling with both his hands, Shou secretly hoped that it is not any of hidden tricks used by people to trap intruders. A cylindrical object passed by Shou's hands and it felt like wood to his hands. Gathering his bravery all he could, Shou pushed the lever down but it wouldn't budge. Shou grunted, and pulled the lever up. This time, it sounds like it worked as a click registered itself in Shou's very polished hearing sense. Immediately, unlike the last chamber, a door appeared, this time not the wall itself, but still on the wall nonetheless. A standard sized door opened, also sliding, at the left corner of the wall. Getting very excited again, Cantare rushed through the only half-opened sliding door. Not wanting to get closed oout, Shou hastily followed Cantare into the next room.

The next room is significantly larger than the previous two, but looked similar nonetheless due to the light intensity, colour tone, and room condition. But there is one thing that is vastly different from the other two rooms, it is that there is a black marble pedestal at the center of the room. The humming sounds like it's coming from here, specifically the black marble pedestal, as Shou walked around the room to check for more inscriptions. He can't find any, but as he moved, the humming source changes from in front to the right side, and stayed at the right side all the time as he circled the room. Thus he concluded that it must come from the pedestal. Looking at the spot, though, Shou couldn't see anything that can remotely make sound. Trying to ignore the sound for now, Shou searched more thoroughly with Cantare, but both of them, after a good moments searching, turns out with nothing. Loaded with frustration and disappointment, Shou was ready to burst out in tears.

It was a sudden change in the environment. Shou throws his hands up to cover both of his ears when the humming had an abrupt increase in volume, while wincing in auditory pain. Being certain it was a sign of an event coming up, Shou held his breath tensely while seeming to wait for something to miraculously happen. I hope this thing that is going to happen spells e-x-i-t. Having that thought, Shou looked around to check if there was any doors appearing. Finding none, he unwillingly turned back front, and found himself looking directly at a pair of excruciated eyes. Being frightened, Shou staggered back a few step, almost falling to the floor. "Whaaa!" He exclaimed before he heard a ladylike voice. "Please help me..." Shou felt his heart jerked, She can talk! Standing straight again, Shou found out the master of the voice is a lonesome Pokémon that looks like a witch wearing a oversized purple pointed hat and an old purple cape. There were spikes along the Pokémon's hat, and she has rubies around her body. Not knowing what it is, Shou took out his high technology Pokédex that is given from the professor in his hometown and pointed it to the Pokémon. "Mismagius, the Magical Pokémon. Mismagius chants incantations, and while some cause misery, some give happiness as well." The mechanical tenor-ish voice from the digital encyclopaedia said.

The Mismagius pleaded Shou again, in her tormented sad voice. "Help free me from this prison and I'll show you the way out..." Being unable to ignore a sad Pokémon, and also because of his unability to resist to such an offer, and maybe, a little mystified, Shou said after contemplating, "How do I do that?"
    Bizzy Fuzzles

Cantare ♂ ------- Leo ♂ ------- Fagan ♀

OrangeDonphan: Your first paragraph would have been better suited to your last reply as you ended that one by entering the tree, so beginning this one while you're still outside doesn't really fit. Also, there is no mention of Ludicolo as it's still back in the glade where you'd initially come across it so there are just a couple of little things to note there.

Diving into the fighting mass isn't at all appealing to either of you, but Phil is a brave little fellow and races in at full throttle, determined to do what he can to retrieve the items you need. Dodging around the boulders lining the edge of the battlefield, you keep your eyes peeled, praying that no attacks come your way. After several nerve-wracking minutes Phil comes hurtling out of the crowd using Gyro Ball to send a couple of Sneasel who where trying to halt his escape flying in opposite directions. Proud of the little guy you notice he has the orb curled in his trunk and the seed secured in his mouth, and quickly taking the orb from him, you both flee up and out of the crater leaving the battle raging behind you. Chatot had been quite clear about the fact you need to return both items to the glade, but if you have to choose between the two then the seed seems to be the most important of the two as it has not yet been tainted by any dark energy. Just as you're exiting the crater and entering the base of the tree you find your first obstacle in the form of a rather mangy looking Poochyena who is snarling viciously at the two of you and blocking your exit path back into the forest. Tucking the orb safely into your pocket you then proceed to take the seed from Phil who is eyeing Poochyena with surprising malice. It appears that witnessing the lengths the forest Pokémon are going to to save their forest has given your little sidekick quite a confidence boost. Whether it's that or the fact his adrenaline is still rushing after having been in the midst of the fighting is anyones guess, but whatever the case it appears he isn't about to let the dark pup get the better of him and takes an attack stance, awaiting your instructions...
    Ok, now I can finally write!

“Hmm, where could they be?” thought Alex. Having circled around almost the whole crowd, he was confused about the fact that the precious pieces were no where to be seen, “Is that?- nope, that’s an Exeggcute. Hm…”

“Sneees!” Phil came bounding out of a crowd of Sneasels, the steely lace of his Gyro Ball disappearing behind him. “Haha! Awesome, Phil!” exclaimed Alex. Ignoring the bloody battle, the pair met towards the back of the chasm. “Ok, so which one did you get?” asked Alex. Phil placed both the orb and the seed on the ground in front of him. An excited smile rushed to the elephant’s face, from both the success and the happiness of its trainer. “Here, I’ll hold the orb.” spoke Alex while picking up the menacing object. He thought it would be heavier, and Phil would be better at protecting the more valuable of the halves. After all, the dark types barely had time to contaminate it. Hoisting Phil over his head with one hand, he helped the ground type climb the rather steep “stairs”. Following suit, he lifted himself over the ridge and entered the rather dark passage way out of the tainted tree. Barely taking three steps, Alex and Phil were met be a low and rumbling growl.

Finally noticing the camouflaged Pocchyena that was hiding in the darkness of the tunnel, Alex realized it wasn’t about to freely let you pass. Phil jumped in front of Alex, ready to take on his first opponent. Cocking his head, he looked toward Alex for commands.

“Sorry buddy, I ain’t about to risk your life- or play fair,” replied Alex, “Let’s see, come on out Baah!” He tossed the familiar pokeball of his second and newest pokemon and a small blue and white sheep appeared next to Phil. The small light on her tail illuminated the makeshift battlefield. “Ok, Phil, I want you to play some offense with a Defense Curl to Rollout combo while Baah holds it with a Thunder Wave. Baah, I also want you to set up a Reflect if needed to heed the pup from hitting you or Phil!”

Coel: Taking all things into consideration, the longer you think about it you come to realise only one thing; coming here was a very bad idea. Your fear only serves to feed Bix's less than pleasing taunting side, however, and it isn't long before he's delving into unwelcome territory and dragging up memories of your rival, using him to utterly manipulate you once again. You may have started out on this journey wanting to turn a new leaf and not allow Bix to get the better of you, but it seems old habits die hard and he already has you exactly where he wants you. With Kevin and his sister now the furthest things from your mind, you're out to prove that you're not the coward Bix seems to think you are and proceed to release your newest teammate to accompany you upon your investigation of the crypt. There is safety in numbers, after all...

Upon entering the stone structure you feel a chill creep up your spine not only because it's quite cold in here, but because the aura of death surrounds you. Four lanterns light the room, one in each corner, shedding enough light for you to see your surroundings. Pleased that you've not found yourself cloaked in complete darkness you notice a shattered urn on the far side of the room and find yourself thankful there are no ashes spread on the floor around it. A large coffin is resting in the middle of the room, while eight smaller ones line the walls and several more urns sit in alcoves in the wall. Each of the coffins have plaques atop them, with plaques also hanging on the walls beside each urn. Although curious to read them, the shattered urn on the floor has your attention as it can't have just fallen by itself. Adding to this Kevin stated quite clearly that "It's hiding inside," and you can't help but wonder what "it" is, and why it would smash the urn.

While you're pondering this, Swablu sits on your shoulder nibbling your earlobe affectionately while Bix shoots her death stares. You take no notice of him, however, as you soon hear a scuttling sound and scamper backward toward the exit. It stops, and you check the room again, realising that whatever is hiding in here must be behind one of the coffins. Gulping down the knot of fear slowly but surely forming in your throat you step carefully forward, checking behind each of the coffins while Bix trails along behind you. Just as you're approaching the last of the small ones along the back wall of the crypt a shadow leaps out at you and you yell, jumping back and nearly tripping over Bix who is far too full of himself to admit that he'd been scared as well. Gathering yourself, you find the culprit to be none other than a Nincada, and a rather feisty one at that which seems a little out of the ordinary for its species, but it seems Nincada isn't the only thing present in the room if the sobbing from behind the coffin it had been hiding behind is anything to go by...
    Now there were various things going through the boys mind at that moment, one of which was the question of when it would be lunch time for MTC at the moment was quite hungry indeed. This irelevent factor of course being over shadowed by the pure fact that the coffin appeared to be crying. There was of course the Nincada to which Swablu gave a friendly wave of her fluffy wing despite being scared stiff. Not stiff enough to prevent her overly chipper nature from taking effect despite the fact it had just leapt out at the three moments ago.

"Wet pants, check." Bix stated, his voice seemed to be void from it's usual layer of sarcasm but it still earned him a glare from MTC despite the boy himself being just as scared if not moreso. Now they had to be rational, what exactly were they afraid of? The fact the coffin was crying or the thought that there is something behind said coffin? Well it seemed it was the least of Tweeta's problems as she was more distracted by the small bug than anything, MTC didn't even notice the fact the small bird had left his shoulder. Surely in the future when all this was over he'd blame the fear for his irresponsibility because he would eventually have to blame something. Though Tweeta's philosophy of 'hug any fellow Pokemon on sight' wasn't exactly the safest either.

"Well, are you just going to stand there or are you going to move on with the adventure," Bix said, his usual air of sarcasm returning as he turned his attention to his trainer who was still frozen to the spot."Really... and you ask me who the Pokemon is." The green-hat-clad Pokemon walked a few steps forward, this in itself enough to get MTC's competitive side going. If there was two people, or Pokemon for that matter, he hated to get the better of him it was Sam and Bix. If Bix was going to be an idiot and stupidly investigate what was making that loud sobbing sound, he was too. Stupidity seemed to run in the team.

"Let's see what's behind coffin number one," MTC blurted, covering up his fear with an extremely poor game show host voice which made Bix cringe. Being emotionally conected to an even bigger idiot than one-self was taxing sometimes especially moments like this.

"Well, looks like we'll find out, as soon as you grow a pair and actually look..."

Fizzy Bubbles Profile
    Link

Only one reply so far to my last set of updates, so it seemed unfair to make Kori wait any longer, so you get your own personal update. Lucky you. On the roleplaying feedback front, I continue to be very impressed- for someone who didn’t know what to write, you sure wrote a lot! Keep that quality of reply up and you’ll be out of here before you can say “Riviera”

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)

Kori Gotcha: After brief discussions with Kiera as to your approach to the situation, the two of you take off in hot pursuit of the Slakoth, having to run as fast as you can to catch up with the Slacker Pokémon, which is certainly not living up to its reputation at the moment, giving the two of you, and the following Pokémon, a good bit of exercise. You chase it for about a minute or so, through the underbrush and away from the Lake, into a slightly more woody area, before the Slakoth runs straight towards a tree, diving under a knot and scrambling in panic to hide inside the tree itself, which appears, on closer inspection, to be hollow.

Eager to investigate, you drop down to your knees and place your head flat against the ground, attempting to see inside the hollowed out tree to see what Slakoth is up to. Moving your head forwards slightly, you are able to get a decent view inside the tree and...

“OW!” You explain, withdrawing your head quickly from the opening, managing to add insult to injury by falling as you do so. “That little...scratched me right on the nose!” Your hand feels your nose, which is bleeding pretty badly from the sharp claws of the little Pokémon. Kiera pipes up:
    “It must be scared, the poor thing. I wonder what is wrong?” she asks, passing you a tissue for your bleeding nose. “What did you see inside the tree?”

You explain that the tree is indeed hollow and that Slakoth is not the only Pokémon inside, you saw at least one other Pokémon, a Pachirisu inside, also seemingly hiding from something outside the tree, and could hear sounds which could have belonged to several other Pokémon. What you didn’t see however, was any explanation for why the Pokémon were hiding inside the tree, and you say as much to Kiera, with the tissue held over your nose, still facing the tree. Your mind drifts off, wondering what could possibly cause such an uncharacteristic reaction from the Slakoth, when Kiera’s voice drifts into your head, sharper than her usual soft tones, jolting you back to the present.

“I think I know what the cause of this is.” She says, a note of alarm in her voice.
    “What?” you ask, still trying to stop the flow of blood.
    “Kori. Turn around. Slowly.” Her voice is shriller and more commanding this time, and you do as she says, turning slowly on the spot. Suddenly, you too have a good idea of the cause of all this.

Standing not more than three metres from you is another Pokémon. This one however, is not running scared. No, not at all. In fact, unless you’re very much mistaken, this is the reason the other Pokémon are hiding, and probably also the reason that you haven’t seen many signs of life on this side of the Forest. The creature in front of you is a hulking beast, a Vigoroth for sure, but even larger and more feral than most of its species, standing maybe a few inches taller than yourself, and towering over Torchic and Cyndaquil, who have retreated to stand by you and Kiera’s fee. Its fur is matted and slightly browned from dirt, with a distinct red tinge around the mouth area which you don’t need a second look at to identify: Blood. It is none of these things though, that truly chills you about the Pokémon before you. No, the thing causing the hairs to stand up on the back of your neck is Vigoroth’s eyes. They are semi-glazed and almost vacant in appearance, hardly noticing you but clearly aware of your presence by smell. You are struck by the feeling that this Vigoroth appears to be completely mad, and, judging by its appearance, aggressive.

Now that explains why the Forest is quiet today.

Failure Extraordinaire Blue Zangoose's Avatar

Default Re: LC's Updates: Round the 4th

Noted. Sometimes I do have to catch myself self-updating. Usually I fix it! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Cubone View Post

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
    Fuuten: First of all, the black powder/white powder thing made me howl with laughter, but on with the update...Your reply is good, mentioning that there was no response to your cry verges on the self-updating side but it’s nothing major, just be careful there. Your consistent quality of replies is very impressive.

After a while contemplating the nature of the cart that you’ve seen and more specifically its propulsion, and a further while dusting plenty of the mysterious black powder of off your person, you decide that you’ve spent quite enough time in this eerie old mine and would prefer to head back to whence you came, although perhaps a brief inspection of the cart that went past you so conspicuously might be in order as well. Walking back up the path at decent speed, you notice that the Cart seems to have deposited a fair bit of the black powder on the floor of the mine during its ascent, not copious amounts but certainly the odd patch here and there. Clearly whatever force is driving that cart isn’t exactly taking care to preserve its contents.

After a few minutes trudging uphill, you reach the entrance to the mine which you entered not long ago, and with a chill you remember the weather outside. If anything, it seems to have worsened with the passing of time and the blizzard seems to have only increased in its ferocity. More importantly, you can see the Cart which passed you at the end of the tracks which cease just before the entrance of the mine. A light sprinkling of snow has settled on top of the black powder, so now you have a white powder as well, although the cart is mostly covered so there is only a small amount of snow covering the contents. Mildly amused by the snow blanket, you stand back a few feet from the cart and observe it for a few seconds.

Suddenly the cart begins to shake, gently at first but then more insistently, rocking on its track before there is a small puff of powder, flying around as if something inside exploded outwards. Peering forwards, you can’t see anything to cause the explosion, but the hairs stand up on the back of your neck as a cold wind blows past you. The lights around you flicker, but almost as quickly as the strange events start they stop again, with the lights returning to normal and the temperature returning to mildly chilly. How odd. Just as you consider what you’ve seen, a voice from behind you speaks:

“Good Afternoon young lad.” You spin on the spot at breakneck speed to face the voice, which belongs; you are somewhat relieved to see, to a man. The man is of a pretty large build, although his frame is increased in size by the heavy clothing he is wearing and the assortment of strange contraptions attached to it. “What are you doing here then?”

The cavern once again was mute as Roy continued to move along one of its walls, his movements less enthusiastic then previous. Still keeping a fair pace up the incline, thoughts of doubt no longer could be forced to the back of his head, as the familiar view of the path he passed through not long ago lay before him.

A long drawn out squint could not make out anything up ahead resembling a cart; the flames of the oil lamps ahead could only be seen ahead, trading in their seductive dance for a still, unnerving one amongst the stagnate air of the mine. The possibility of the cart continuing its climb far out into the raging blizzard was only too likely. Should he give chase once more? Or should he leave the oddity to its icy fate? Though even if he gave up on the cart, would he continue down the mine once more, or turn tail and leave this place for good? These thoughts continued to run laps around Roy’s mind, but were halted to a stop as a crunching sound protruding from his right foot broke the eerie silence and collided with his train of thought.

Lifting his foot, a small mound of black powder was seen below with the imprint of his boot upon its surface. Using his basic reasoning and somewhat lacking observational skills, he came to realize this was the same powder carried by the elusive cart itself within a minute or two of “what the heck is that?” floating inside his head. Continuing his pace once more and eyeing the ground much more carefully, small piles of the black soot continued to show up upon the trail. Obviously the black powder wasn’t a concern considering the sloppy packaging of the powdery substance on the vessel. Pondering upon his observations, Roy began to question the very use of the sheet upon the cargo seen earlier... Maybe the black powder was preserving ore! The powder must prevent any ore scratching each other or scuffing them up or something during travel. The sheet was to keep the powder in, but it was done sloppily because the powder didn’t retain any value, but the contents within did!

“That’s gotta be it!” Roy whispered, his voice practically spurting out with vim and vigor like a public fountain to water as he began to mutate. A face of anguish and doubt now transformed into one with animation and anticipation. A shark-like grin grew upon the boy’s face. His eyes once dull, now a feral hunter’s who hadn't eaten in weeks, but had finally spotted its prey and was ready to lunge and devour it whole. Practically crushing the bucket handle in his hand, his body began to tighten as he could feel his excitement push against his chest to go forward in pursuit. His well paced stroll quickly was turning into a blood thirsty charge. His transformation: a total success. Roy’s previous thoughts continued to pound into his head, consuming any thought of logic and reason, forcing each stride forward, each breath in and out of his lungs... Ore had to be in that cart. It had to be.

Reaching the entrance of the descending cavern within a few minutes, Roy stopped his movements forward and bent over, placing his hands against his thighs as he let out heavy breathes against the mine floor. Their was no question in his mind that he over did that run. The thoughts of wealth and greed that empowered him began to subside as he tried to catch his breath. Doubt began to take residence again, realizing if he got tired this early into the game, he surely wouldn’t be able to catch up with that damn cart... A slight chill down his spine cut off his thoughts, causing Roy to shake a little. This feeling was all too familiar.

Taking back the air in his lungs, Roy’s gaze changed from the ground beneath him to the sights that were in front of him. Recalling bits and pieces of this starting point, something was off. At first, he looked towards the outside, concluding conditions were much bitter then before. The outside looked as if some one put a large, blank piece of paper in front of the entrance. Nothing could be seen from the outside. Though there was definitely an outside. The piercing cold winds emitting from the entrance hit at Roy’s bare skin, feeling like it froze him at the touch. Cringing at the frigid winds lashing out at him, he wondered how in the world an icy hell could possibly become twice as hellish as before. It most likely wouldn’t be possible to turn back now unless he wanted to be encased in snow and ice a meter out. Still, something didn’t look right. Ignoring the cold, Roy’s eyes again glazed over the vicinity. Something was off, that was for sure, but what? Examining the area once more, he found the “something” almost immediately this time. He couldn’t believe his eyes.

He stumbled towards it, and fell to his knees a few meters away, gawking at it in astonishment. It was a cart. The cart Roy had been in pursuit of, just stopped before the entrance. An angelic choir was singing in the background as a spotlight brighter then any other lamp in the room was placed upon the cart in a holy light... At least in Roy’s mind, considering his fortune of the cart stopping right here instead of out in the bone chilling blizzard. Shaking himself out of his daze, Roy regained his composure and had risen up from the dirt ridden mine floor, looking upon the cart in disbelief. This couldn’t be the same cart considering its speed before, but the similarities were striking. Analyzing the contents from a far, he could see the black powder was lightly covered with snow, reminding him of his previous thoughts of “white powder”. Roy smirked, but quickly set his feelings aside. It was time to start digging.

Grabbing the bucket he’d been carrying with both hands (biting his fingers at the touch), a smirk turned into a wide grin as his eyes flashed with excitement, most likely turning into dollar signs if he was some kind of cartoon character. Finally the riches he’d been looking for! Now possibly... No. Certainly a few footsteps away, deep within the black mess, crying out to be “saved”. Though abruptly these avarice filled musings were ceased; the object of fascination and intrigue now became an object of shock and awe. The cart began to tremble.

At first at a slow rate, emitting a quiet creak that was just enough for Roy to take notice, but it quickly sped up, probably even alerting someone hard at hearing at this point. Suddenly powder burst out from its container (the surprise knocking Roy off his feet and right on his ass) and began to rain down upon Roy and the surrounding area. After breaking into a couple coughing fits and shaking off the residue from the queer weather, Roy hastily got up and examined the cart’s innards. Powder remained, no ore was in sight, but more importantly, no device of any sort could be noted that would cause such a strange occurrence. No Pokemon. Nothing. Maybe it was the wind.

Chills ran down his spine as a gust of wind blasted past Roy, changing the temperature to unbearable levels and snuffing out the lamps around the mine entrance. Before he could even respond to such strange behavior the lamps were relit. The mine warmed up, back to its previous state (being still rather bitter). Just like that, the moment passed. As if it never occurred. What could possibly be the meaning of such bizarre happenings? With the powder being blown in all directions previous, maybe the wind was responsible for such shenanigans? The wind should have picked up from the blizzard storm, so it’s undoubtedly a sound conclusion...

“Good Afternoon young lad.”

Roy could feel is heart leap right into his mouth and adrenaline pump through him head to toe with this sudden interruption. His body snapped quickly in front of the source of his alarm. Luckily it was a man. Well what else could it be, right? With a glance, the man obviously had a sizable build going. Nothing like the “Wailord” he’d seen previous, but pretty close to uncle Vinny. Then again, he had some pretty thick clothing on and some weird... What are those? Anyways, he’s probably a lot smaller under all that shit. A new thought was processed. Roy didn’t hear him come up to him or follow him for that matter. Such a man of his mass couldn’t be stealthy enough to sneak up on him like that. So how in the world did he?

“What are you doing here then?”

With those words, Roy awoke from his pondering daze. He’d been caught! Here he was, his mouth open and his eyes wide with surprise. Not saying a word, not devising any sort of explanation of why he was up here. Just staring at the man stupid. This mine was sure screwing with his mind, and it sure as hell wasn’t consensual. Usually he was quick about these things. Making up phony excuses was almost a hobby back in the slums. Always with degrees of success mind you, but at least they were there. Ready to be used at the moment needed. Now he had to think of something quickly... No matter how wild it was, it was better then his current position of just gawking at the man. Let’s see... Ore... Bucket... Mountain... Got it!

“Sorry! Cold really has gotten to me guy!” Roy exclaimed with one of his hands rubbing against his forearm. Keeping his eyes upon the other man’s and forming a cheap grin, he continued his charade. “Why I’m here? Well, I’m up here with my dad and his... er... Colleagues! Ya, doing studyin’ and stuff up here with minerals, but we got separated... The blizzard got crazy and I found this place...”

Colleagues... Flicking through them channels back then did pay off! Now a back up plan. “Hit the sack and don’t look back” has been a pretty standard trick. Though running out in the frozen apocalypse wouldn’t be such a bright idea. Maybe a nice smack to the noggin. Knocking him out with the bucket would work! All those layers of clothing, he would have no problem going out in the storm. At least hypothetically... Oh and the ore! Yes, the ore! Possibly bundled in that black mass behind him. But what of his silent vow to himself when he left the disaster of his home? To become successful without dirtying himself with the sludge of the past? A little stealing isn’t too bad, but taking the man’s garments and letting him freeze over in this desolate mine? Was it...

Through all this moral drivel, a question that had been always been left unanswered since he had enter this eerie place had awoken. It needed to be asked.

“What are you doing here guy? I read that the mines here were abandoned for years...”
    Fizzy Bubble
    Lv.7 Male

OrangeDonphan: As a point of reference, two against one is an unfair fight when the Pokémon are evenly matched. Unless there is a distinct level difference where you are disadvantaged and will need more than one Pokémon to battle, updaters will always even the playing field.

Eager to get out of here before any more surprises pop up, you quickly release Baah to help Phil. The little Mareep blinks curiously, but is quite eager to show its new trainer and teammate what she can do, immediately unleashing a Thunder Wave while Phil rolls into a Defense Curl. The electric attack completely paralyses the small pup, its muscles tightening and leaving it unable to move or even howl, a gurgling sound all that it's able to muster to express its rage over the ambush. Phil then charges forward while still curled in his defensive position, and rams Poochyena with Rollout, effectively breaking the electrical binds holding it still and allowing Poochyeana to Howl its fury. A moment later a Sneasel drops from the mass of rotting vines above, alerted by the distressed cry of its ally, and performs a rather elaborate if not slightly ridiculous series of ninja moves before taking an attack stance directly in front of Baah with an evil glint in its eye and gloating grin of soon to be victory plastered on its face. Baah wastes no time in setting up a Reflective Wall before looking worriedly up at you for her next instructions. Cursing the circumstances you wonder if you'll ever be able to get out of here, let alone back to the glade, when a thought hits you. If you can take Poochyena down quickly enough you may be able to let Phil race ahead to the glade with the sacred leaf and catch up with him once you've defeated Sneasel. There are surely forest Pokémon outside who will be willing to protect him so it may be the chance you're looking for. At the same time you're really not sure you want to be separated from him, and so think over possible strategies. Whatever the case you now have two Pokémon to battle, so you're going to need to think very carefully about how you're going to proceed from this point on...

Coel: While Bix moves in to investigate the source of the sobbing coming from behind the coffin, it seems all three of you have completely forgotten about the fact the little Nincada doesn't seem to want you to approach. Whether it's protecting something from being found by you, or just wanting you to get lost so it can finish off whatever it was doing back there is anyone's guess, but Nincada is still a very real obstacle and not about to let you ignore it. It scuttles forward and leaps up, Scratching Bix across the cheek who is rather taken aback by the unexpected attack. Nincada then scuttles across the floor ready to Scratch your feet to shreds but you're quick to dodge the little bug by dancing around it before backing away. Tweeta quickly flies off your shoulder to sit atop the coffin and watch the events, partly amused by the way Nincada has taken you and Bix totally off-guard, but also partly worried for your safety. While she watches the two of you dance around the small bug who is ferociously protecting its territory, she again notes the sobbing and peeks down the back of the coffin. Whatever she has seen results in her releasing a distressed cry and a moment later she hops from atop the coffin and disappears down the back of it. Wondering what on earth is going on, and what is down there, you soon realise that you're either going to have to defeat the little Nincada or calm it down by convincing it that you're not here to hurt anyone. Either way, you'll need to do something as it doesn't appear ready to give up on its rather vigorous attempts to maul you and Bix half to death any time in the near future...

Tenorphin: "This stone has been imbued with magical qualities that will trap me here for all eternity," Mismagius replies, looking toward the stone sitting atop the black marble pedestal. "Its powers are so strong that my own enchantments are unable to break the wretched curse keeping me here, so I'll need you to destroy it for me as it's the only way I'll ever be free. Unfortunately there are no Pokémon strong enough to shatter the stone, so it needs to be taken above ground and smashed with a specific weapon that is housed in one of the crypts in the graveyard. The... Rochester family crypt." The distaste with which she practically spits out the name "Rochester" tells you that there is a nasty history here, and you can't help but wonder what kind of evil people they are to have imprisoned this lovely Pokémon down here like this, or even why, but Mismagius' eyes are filled with such misery that you don't dwell on it for too long since you're fully prepared to help her in whatever way you can. "I cannot move it myself, and the curse is so strong that it binds me to the stone wherever it may be so if you take it with you I'll be able to follow and instruct you in how to destroy it properly when we reach the Rochester crypt," she continues. "I apologise for having tricked you when you first entered this chamber, but I had to be certain you weren't one of the Rochester's coming down here to torture me with their magic the way they do every few decades or so, teaching their children and their children's children to keep up their hateful and wrongful persecution of me." When Mismagius finishes speaking she turns toward the far wall of the chamber and that's when you notice a stairway leading upward appear out of nowhere. "This will lead us out, but there are guards so we'll have to be quick. We won't win if we stop to fight so we'll have to run, aiming for the exit at all costs." She stares deeply into your eyes at this point, her mesmerising gaze filling you with pity for the poor ghost. "Are you sure you want to do this?" she asks. "It will be dangerous..."

handymankg2: Belle continues the battle with her adrenaline running high, the first round really having helped to boost her confidence. With her next strong Gusts serving to both weaken and unbalance Nuzleaf who begins to Harden as it sees its enemy gaining the upper hand, she puts some extra energy into whipping up a stronger Gust of wind that has Nuzleaf falling flat on its rear. Nuzleaf is furious, pelting out a barrage of sharpened Razor Leafs just as Belle begins to fly circles around it, almost taunting the Wily Pokémon who cannot reach her from the ground. Nuzleaf springs to its feet, shaking its fist angrily, before Belle makes her move. She suddenly disappears, Nuzleaf spinning a full 360 degrees in its haste to find her, when it's suddenly struck from behind with Belle's Aerial Ace and sent reeling face first into the desert floor. It yells angrily, getting up whilst spitting sand out of its mouth, and leaps toward her with its arm outstretched, Pounding Belle hard on the head. A little dazed, she blinks, wondering how on earth Nuzleaf managed to do that, soon noticing that Nuzleaf is breathing quite heavily. Her heart soars, for she knows that if she can hold out just a little bit longer she'll be able to take it down and help to avenge her fallen friend in the process...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast