The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

The FB Training Zone

Unlike other Fizzy Bubbles zones, this zone has been created for the sole purpose of introducing new members to RPing FB Style before venturing into current zones. It gives you a chance to familiarise yourselves with how we work and to experiment and expand upon your RPing skills before moving on.

While the updates I provide here will be far from top quality due to time restraints, they will still provide enough information for you to formulate a decent response and to RP to your highest standard. While updates won't be top-notch, your replies should be as whether or not you're given the ok to leave this zone behind and enter regular zones will depend upon how you reply. You should always be striving to give your replies everything you can as that is what is expected in all FB Zones. Please remember that while FB has Gyms, Contest Halls, Bases, the Arcade, and various other activities as well as Time Out to help pass the time between updates, our primary purpose is role playing and while we don't always expect lengthy replies, we do expect a reasonable degree of quality. Replies don't have to be long to be good as some people are mistakenly inclined to believe.

Rules
    - No less than four (4) lines when replying, and by four lines I mean four complete lines of text. Not three or four words before hitting the enter key and writing another three or four words. Decent and articulate sentences are a must.
    - No chat speak. No abbreviations. No icons/smilies. Type properly or I'll ignore your post.
    - Please proofread posts. It's not only a great way to check for errors, it's also an excellent chance to see if you can expand upon/improve your reply before submitting.
    - ALWAYS quote your update by using the quote button in the bottom right-hand corner of the post. If you c/p and add Quote tags, your post will be ignored. Also, don't quote the entire post, only the update that has been written for you.
    - When using attacks for battle, please state clearly what you are ordering your Pokémon to do, and order no more than three attacks (offensive or defensive) per round of battle.
    - Never take it upon yourself to encounter or capture a Pokémon. The Pokémon you encounter is entirely up to the discretion of your updator. If you've read through the Updates & Replies Thread you will find that there are several reasons for this rule being in place.
    - When in a battle situation, never, ever try to control the moves or reactions of your opponent Pokémon. It's my job to give you an adventure, it's your job to overcome any obstacles I put in your path. Be sure to give clear and precise instructions for the moves you want your Pokémon to use, but don't ever try to control the Pokémon you are battling. I'm hoping I'll never have to PM anyone about editing their reply because they've posted incorrectly. It's embarassing for you, and uncomfortable for me.
    - If your Pokémon has a nickname please don't expect me to know it straight off the bat. After a while I do become familiar with the teams of people I update but when you're new to me I'd appreciate it if you would refer to the Pokémon you have, not call them by name. For example, somebody says, "Blaze use Ember!" Ummm, who/what is Blaze? I know it's a Fire Type, but what is it? A Torchic, Charmander, Houndour??? I won't know unless you tell me.
    - I do ask that you keep a profile of your FB team in your signature which includes your Pokémon, their levels and genders. I do however understand that not everyone wants to do this so if you could, at the very least, post a link to your registration post I'd appreciate it greatly. If you do neither and I need some information about your Pokémon, there's a strong likelihood you'll be skipped.

And lastly, I'm not expecting everyone to start off perfectly here. Mistakes are expected and I'm more than happy to offer pointers/advice when asked for it, as are many FB members. I'm lenient to a point, but if you've been informed about something that has been done wrong and continue to ignore the advice given to correct it, then you will be ignored. End of story.

Now that formalities are out of the way, how about we get down to business? Below are a list of areas you may enter (only one area at a time), so all you need to do is decide where you would like to travel before making your introductory post.

The Arcane Realm

Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
    According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
    This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.

The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
    A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.

Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
    A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?

Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
    An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.

The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
    An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
    A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arcane Realm Statistics

Arcane Realm Updators
    Arc_Angel
    enchantress
    Lonely Cubone

Arcane Realm Members
    Blue Zangoose
    Coel
    handymankg2
    Kori Gotcha
    OrangeDonphan
    pokemonxd
    Tenorphin

Yet to enter (Those who have passed registration but not yet posted an AR Intro)
    Raichu-chan

Completed Adventures
    allsystemsaredown
    Altocharizard
    Artificial Dragon
    betagold
    empoleon dynamite
    fishyfool
    Furrett
    Ihfrett
    Kasai
    Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
    Lemon~Lime
    Mewsic Box
    psychopath
    Rabid Squirrel
    Ralfil
    RaunchyFad
    Slick Rick
    Sneasel12
    Stark
    TerminatorTotodile

Incomplete Adventures (Members who went inactive before being released)
    Concore
    The Benmeister
    Trillim
    TurtleKing
    Qball

Registration Revoked
    Ice Cold Glalie
    Mr kecleon
    Mr.Penguin
    Umbreon Ruler

Last edited by enchantress; 5th September 2009 at 02:54 AM.

Failure Extraordinaire Blue Zangoose's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Enchantress: Thanks for making the forums visible! The only way I found them before was a link through the rules thread! ;P
    Anyways, let me know of any problems or corrections that need to be made (which has been repeated in other Arcane Realm forum posts over 9000 times XP).
    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.
    "Too many freakin’ pages..."

The sixteen year old murmured, hunched over as he sat on a wooden bench of a large modern train station, flipping through a thick, black guide book titled Super Awesome Adventure Guide 2! engraved into the front of the book in gold text. The green eyed boy continued fingering the pages, reading bits and pieces of info and then turning to another page, almost as if he was flicking through channels on a TV. The noise of hundreds of people in movement and the trains coming and going filled his ears, but it did not break his concentration from the pages of the informative scriptures laid before him. Until now.

“My word! Why is that little boy carrying his excrement in a bucket?”

Roy, hearing the words “little boy” uttered in his presence, dropped the guide book down on the floor, next to his “bucket of excrement”, and without hesitation, his eyes darted to the source of his new found vexation.

The source appeared to be an elderly man, skinny as a tooth pick and dressed in luxurious garments consisting of silks and colored in lavender. He was holding the hand of what most would think to be his wife, who appeared in contrast to her husband, though dressed in the same fashion as her consort and appearing very old, was round in shape and rather chunky. Both looking down with faces of disgust and pity and waving their hands as if fanning away fumes, at the small statured teen currently sitting with a look of annoyance spread across his face and a large, metal bucket full of purple sludge nestled near his feet.

“Shouldn’t you be keeping your fucking Wailord in a Pokeball!? Trains have to get through you know, guy?” Roy sniped at the pair loudly, with some on goers looking at the scene with confusion, while others with concealed laughter on their faces, as Roy stood up and looked into the old man’s eyes menacingly.

“Well... I never!” The old man stammered, and with haste, both the old man and his “Wailord” scurried off, obviously embarrassed and astonished from the once thought poor little boy . Leaving Roy with a impish grin forming from ear to ear and a sense of self-satisfaction washed over his once wrath induced demeanor. He began to bend over for the large black book currently residing on the floor, next to his black sneakers and a now stirring pile of purple goo, solidifying itself into a form outside of top the bucket.

“Grimer... Mer?” the newly formed slime pile spouted out of its ever gapping mouth. Its glazed and blank eyes peered out towards his trainer, most likely awoken by Roy’s recent standoff.

“Well! Good mornin’ sunshine!” Roy beamed sarcastically, forgetting about the book and began to reach for the Pokeball attached to his belt. Presenting the Pokeball to his Grimer and cracking a cheesy smile, negotiations began. “Too noisy for you guy? How about you move your ass into this ball here? It would be a lot less noisy, don’t ya think?”

Sadly, Roy’s “professional” negotiation skills didn’t take, as the Grimer was unresponsive and most likely unimpressed. The pile of sentient goo assumed his usual state once more, a thick purple liquid filling a bucket.

“I oughta... Roy murmured, as anger built up inside his gut once more, but was replaced with a heavy sigh. Roy had encountered this time after time. He had no idea why the sludge-like mass loved that damn bucket so much, but over the course of the couple of weeks they had been paired together, he could still not get the lazy Pokemon into his Pokeball. Reading up on it on some training guide he “picked up” before he started his journey, Roy’s interpretation was that his old tricks of threatening and physical discipline wouldn’t work, nor would it help the “trainer-Pokemon connection” the book continued to repeat almost on every page. Also forcing an action not comfortable with a Pokemon would wreck the bond as well, so forcing the Pokeball on Grimer was out of the question. Maybe if he read past 10 pages he would have hit the threatening tactics chapter...

Anyways, after Roy’s disappointing defeat, Roy put away the Pokeball he tried to convince the bucket monster into, picked up the guide book of the tile floor and began flicking through the pages again, trying to find a suitable place to start his journey...

“What’s this?” After mere seconds of thumbing through the pages, a few words caught his eye. “Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores...” Roy repeated quietly to himself, a thought of making a quick buck out of some ores intrigued him, as anything screaming profit does. Reading further, he realized the location was called Silverton Mountain (the name might as well read Money Mountain), which only increased his fascination. It also mentioned the area having many wild Pokemon to possibly aid his career as a trainer. Though one thing bugged him about the whole place. It was cold. Back in the slums, they had winters too. Roy remembers hating them. Though Roy could afford proper attire now for such conditions, he really didn’t want to spend the cash unless he was guaranteed to strike some kind of profitt there. Was the cold really... Suddenly jubilation set in. A break through out of nowhere.

“Cold...” Roy mumbled in awe. His head turning in the direction of his little bucket friend, a smile of mischievous nature was drawn upon Roy’s visage. And with that, an idea was set in motion.

“Damn, I didn’t know it would be this far or this cold.”

Roy stepped out onto the mountain path (decked out in a light black jacket most would of used for late fall and some black snow pants with a pair of snow boots that were used and on sale). He put down the goo burden in a bucket that he carried the ENTIRE way (from the train’s scheduled stop to the start of the path), onto the light snow that covered the path at this point. He could feel the purple slime jiggling with cold already...

“Grimer? Grimer!” The purple goop appeared out of the top of the bucket as fast as Roy put him down. His... appendages that resembled “arms” were wrapped around his sludge-like body, and he began shaking vigorously, looking upon Roy with distress.

“Ya, I picked this place to start out our journey. Pretty nice, don’t ya think, guy?” Roy spoke smugly, grabbing the Pokeball attached to his belt and beginning to roll it around in one hand, staring almost hypnotically at it, taunting the shivering pile of goo before him. “I hope your not cold, they didn't have any bucket warmers or...” Roy’s little sarcastic tirade was interrupted by a feeling in his right leg. Looking down to investigate, what he saw touched him in many ways.

The cold slime ball had his appendages around Roy’s leg, hugging Roy for warmth, maybe for mercy, as Grimer’s eyes were closed in anguish. The Pokemon’s body began shaking against Roy’s leg because of the cold. Roy’s feelings were a mix. At first disgust, for it was a large blob of sludge gripping his leg. Then surprise, as this was one of the few times Roy has ever seen the bucket monster out of its shell. But after all that, Roy felt something he couldn’t ever describe. It was not pity, nor was it satisfaction, but a feeling he had never felt or known in the harsh world of the slums. What ever it maybe, a smile was produced on Roy’s lips.

“Stay warm, little guy.” And with those words, he returned his cold Pokemon into his Pokeball for the first time. Picking up the bucket, Roy initially wanted to throw the hunk of metal away. But instead, tied the handle to his bag. And with that, he started on the path, letting the previous moment warm him through the unforgiving, cold snow.
    Last edited by Blue Zangoose; 5th August 2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: size issues...
    Fizzy Bubble
    Lv.7 Male

I lost the key to my room Locked~girl~xd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Same as Fuuten let me know if I make any mistakes. Thanks.

The FB Training Zone

An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.

Zack was sitting down on a park bench looking over a map of places that were suggested for beggining trainers to travel to. "Man, I can't decide where to go. What do you think Wipeout?" Asked Zack as he handed the map over to his faithful monkey-like companion Chimchar. Wipeout the Chimchar started looking over the map. He pointed to a watery place and started shaking it's head. Zack understood and said "Don't worry Wipeout we won't go to any place with water."

After an hour of mulling it over they both decided that they would go to an ancient tomb supposedly filled with treasure. They travelled to the region the Ancient Tomb was in and they tried to find a way to travel there because supposedly there was no known way to get to the Ancient Tomb directly but they didn't believe that and tried everywhere. After a while they came to a train station and Zack called his Chimchar back into it's pokeball. He walked up to the ticket booth and asked "Can I get a ticket to travel somewhere near the Ancient Tomb." The Clerk shook his head with a stern face and said "Sorry kid, there's no way to get to there from this station."

Zack walked away wondering what to do when he realized what the clerk just called him. "Hey you jerk I'm not a kid, i'm 14!" He yelled back at the clerk but then he looked and he realized nobody was there anymore. He walked back over to the desk and jumped back as a gastly appeared. The gastly was ready to attack him when a Pokemon Ranger appeared and pulled out his styler. The ranger caught the gastly in no more than 5 seconds. The ranger released the gastly and let it go on it's way. The ranger then said "are you okay kid?" "How many times do I have to say I'm not a kid! I am 14!" Exclaimed Zack. After Zack got over his anger he told the ranger what happened and the ranger said "If you want to head to the Ancient Tomb I was about to head over that way myself so I can get my partner Staraptor to drop you off on the way. But be warned, that tomb is a dangerous place. To get out you must find an escape rope inside and an ancient curse prevents you from bringing an escape rope inside beforehand."

Zack then said "Thanks a bunch dude. I read up on the temple and the curse so you don't have to tell me twice. By the way do you know what's in the tomb?" The ranger replied "Sorry but, I have no idea. If you're actually planning to go in there you would be the first in 10 years to try to go in and get out alive. You better be...... nevermind, I can see in your eyes that you are determined beyond words. I can take you there as soon as I make sure nothing else is going on." The ranger left Zack to plan his strategy for getting out of that tomb with the treasure of the many kings who were kept inside. The only thing that would ever creep Zack out would be if he actually found the departed kings decayed bodys. The ranger came back a few minutes later and asked Zack "Do you have everything you need for the temple because you need to remember to find some kind of escape rope to get out when things go bad. There may even be an insanely powerful pokemon guardingthe treasure if there is any. I hope you succeed because I don't want your death on my concience." Zack replied by saying " You don't have to worry! My Chimchar and I are both ready for this!"

The ranger told his Staraptor where to go and got on. The Staraptor started building power and when it was ready it flew at top speed toward Zack and picked him up with it's claws. The Starapor flew for a few hours and finaly came to an old looking city. In the middle of the city was the Ancient Tomb.

When the got to the Tomb the ranger wispered something into Staraptor's ear and in the next second Staraptor released it's claws while still high up in the air. "Aaaaaaaaah" Zack screamed as he was dropped above the tomb. Staraptor caught Zack right before he landed and let him slide off. "Next time just set me down!" Zack yelled angrily as the ranger laughed. The ranger started flying off as Zack released Wipeout. "Alright Wipeout we're here." Zack stated as the duo stepped into the temple.
    Last edited by Locked~girl~xd; 8th August 2009 at 09:03 AM.

Beyond the Looking Glass Kori Gotcha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-leveled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.
    Kori had been putting foot to dirt road since day break. Waking up at the crack of dawn, Kori welcomed the fresh new day, the cool and crisp air, the dew covered grass, everything brought Kori the sweet, sweet promise of a new day. With a song in his head and a smile on his face, Kori pulled out his Pokeball and released the tiny chick Pokemon from inside.

"Torchic, chic, chic, chic!" chirped the little orange bird as it happily flapped it's small wings as if to say good morning to Kori.

"Good morning to you too Torchic!" smiled Kori. "Breath it in cause this is what life is all about. Two buds out on the open road, not knowing whats ahead of us, making the best out of each day." he said. The little Torchic chirped in agreement when it's little stomach made a small squeaking sound. The Torchic looked down at it's stomach as if to quiet it's gut.

"Hehehe, sounds like your hungry little guy" laughed Kori. The Torchic bowed it's head in a bit of embarrassment when suddenly an even louder grumbling, growling sound came from Kori's stomach. Kori looked down at his stomach as if to quiet his gut and and said "Sounds like we both need a little breakfast, huh?" Kori rummaged through his backpack and found a can of Vienna Sausages. The Torchic stared at the little can with his brows furrowed. Kori got the message immediately. "Yeah, I know it isn't much but it's all we have right now. If you can wait a little longer though, I saw a sign down the road that said that there was a town just a little further up. A place called Mediville. I'm sure we can get some grub in there!" said Kori. The Torchic chirped in agreement and flapped it's little wings over to it's master. Kori extended his hand over to the little bird and put him on his shoulder, Torchic taking up a comfortable position and enjoyed the ride.

It didn't take long till Kori reached the entrance to the town. Turning to his partner, Kori petted his little Pokemon and said "We're here buddy, now we can get some food and shut that beast in our stomachs up."cheerfully as he made his way into town.
    Last edited by Kori Gotcha; 8th August 2009 at 03:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Evening folks, I'll be updating the three of you. The remaining eight trainers will be updated by either Arc Angel or Enchantress. Before I get on with the updates, allow me to post a little about myself as even if you've been following FB for a while, you probably won't know who I am.

My name is LC (or Rob, if you'd prefer) and I've recently returned to FB after a (very) long time away. I originally joined FB back when it set up on UPN, probably around 2003. I stuck around for about two years and during that time I was a ZA in the old Mountain Zone, led by FB Admin Arnold. In those days FB had an awful lot of members and so the lengths of the roleplays we could do were quite restricted, so the new style longer replies are something I'll need to get used to- I've just spent around three hours writing these and they seem tiny one I've pasted them in and formatted them. Still, as you are her to learn, so I am to an extend, or at least to remember.

As you probably already know, you are here in the Arcane Zone until you make your first Pokemon capture, at which point I shall release you into the wild world of Fizzy Bubbles' other zones. While you are here, please abide by the rules in the first post of this zone, and above all, enjoy yourselves. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them with your posts or just PM them to me.

And now, on with the fun:

Fuuten: Trudging along the snow covered path, bucket in one frostbitten hand, the other buried inside your black jacket; you can be forgiven for wondering why you decided to come to such a harsh environment for your very first adventure with Grimer. Of course, Grimer himself is tucked away happily now inside a Pokéball, leaving you to tackle the inclement conditions alone. As you head on up the path it begins to get steeper and you begin to climb up towards the Mountains ahead, looking around to survey your surroundings.

With the snow still falling overhead, visibility is severely limited and what Pokémon there would normally be around seem to have taken shelter elsewhere to avoid the rapidly falling temperatures. You can see a little way further up the past as it slopes ever further upwards, and with a deep breath, you draw your clothes around you and, with the bucket clunking along, increase the pace of your walking, hoping to get to higher ground

After a good hour or so of trudging up a seemingly never ending path in increasingly bitter conditions, you can now look down and see the mountain stretching down below you, seemingly endlessly into the mist, high enough up now not see the ground . At your own level though, things are starting to get a bit more interesting, with the debris from a Mine spread along the side of the path, small piles of rocks, broken pick-axes and helmets buried in the snow, looking slightly more recently discarded than those seen further down the mountain. Surprised to see the signs of activity, you consult your guidebook to the area, which confirms your suspicion:

Silverton Mountains: Once these Mountains were heavily mined, but around twenty years ago the mining stopped completely after temperatures dropped considerably in the area. It is unknown what caused the sudden drop in temperatures, but rumours of the uncovering of an ancient Pokémon by over inquisitive miners are widespread in the area. With the Mines gone, the area is now rarely travelled and anyone wishing to explore the area is advised to take warm clothes and strong Pokémon.

If the Mines closed 20 years ago, the debris around was very well preserved as it certainly didn’t look like that. With your interest piqued, you begin to follow the loose trail of mining equipment, deviating slightly from the beaten path, the signs of mining become a little denser, and you can see what looks like a light in the distance as you approach a crossroads. The crossroads presents you with a choice; follow on down the fork to the left where the equipment leads, or the right fork, which continues still further up the mountain, getting steeper as it goes.

Which way will you go?

Pokemonxd4:Dusting yourself off from the unorthodox drop off, you look up to see the Ancient Tomb in front of you, stretching out far to both sides, and the hairs on the back of your neck begin to stand up. The tomb is undoubtedly imposing but it is equally disturbing, and you feel uncomfortable even looking at it. Still, with faithful Wipeout by your side, you approach the Ziggurat, aiming towards the ornately runed gates. As you draw nearer, you can see that the gates are open, but yet things still feel unusual, as if the building itself is not keen to welcome visitors. Casting aside your doubts, you stride through the gates into the building itself, with Wipeout clinging to your right leg, looking slightly apprehensive about the forthcoming exploration.

As you walk into the building, a thick layer of dust makes conditions underfoot spongy and you kick up a fair bit of dust as you take another step. Behind you, the door slams shut of its own accord with a deafening crash which causes both you and Chimchar to jump out of your skins. With the doors closed, you are trapped inside the labyrinth in very low light conditions, with the only sources of light being a few lightly burning flames in torches on the wall and of course Wipeout’s own tail flame. Looking around, you can see that you are in a reasonably tight corridor, the floor, as previously mentioned, is thick with dust, but the walls are of stone, encrusted with gems and designs which make it appear that a thousand eyes are staring at you out of the semi-darkness.

Feeling mildly intimidated, Chimchar jumps into your arms to be closer to you, holding out his tail in front of the two of you to light your way as you begin to tread softly and slowly further into the Tomb, keeping a keen eye on the shadows surrounding the walls, looking for the slightest sign of movement. With nothing jumping out at you, the two of you feel a little more comfortable and begin to speed up a little as you head into the labyrinth itself, turning left and right through narrow identikit corridors.

After a short while, you turn a corner into a room which looks different to those that came before. A reasonably large square room with a door in the middle of each side, so three doors in addition to the one you’ve just walked through. This room is considerably better lit than those that have come before, and you can make out that above each door is a gemstone of a different colour; a large emerald above the door to your left, with a ruby facing it on your right and directly before you a sapphire, which reflects a faint blue light from a flame. Chimchar looks from doorway to doorway and then looks at you, head leaning to one side. His question is clear:

Which doorway will you follow?

Kori Gotcha: Deciding, perhaps wisely, to venture to one of the less intimidating areas of the Arcane Zone, yourself and Torchic walk into Mediville, unnoticed in the bustling streets, looking for somewhere to eat. Walking down the cobbled streets, you can see a variety of shops to either side, selling a variety of uncooked foods and goods, as well as a Pokémart retailing a variety of goods. There are a few Pokémon around, but they seem to be already owned, helping out stallholders or simply strolling along with their trainers in the same way that you and Torchic are enjoying your morning walk.

Just around the first corner, you spot a small restaurant serving human and Pokémon food. By this point, the two of you are beginning to get seriously hungry, so you decide to make a stop here for a meal. The two of you enter the restaurant, which is pleasantly decorated if a little dusty, and survey the scene. There are only two other customers in at the moment, a young couple sat in the far corner of the restaurant drinking Tea and eating biscuits while their Nidoran eat below the table. The pair don’t look up from their food as you walk in, but a waitress approaches you and shows you to a seat, handing you a menu at the same time. The waitress looks maybe only two years older than you, a plain looking girl in a cream apron, who smiles as you order a drink for yourself and Torchic.

As the waitress returns to the bar to make your drinks, you peruse the menu and both yourself and Torchic peruse the menu, salivating at the selection of food on offer. Once your drinks are delivered, you select a meal which probably involves far too much fat, salt and all sorts of nutritional nasties, but the both of you are too hungry to mind, and that too arrives within a short period as the restaurant is quiet. When delivering your food, the Waitress stops to talk to you:

“What brings you to Mediville then?” she asks, introducing herself as Kiera. You explain that you were passing by on the start of your adventure with Torchic, and she mentions that she also wishes to begin an adventure, having been given a Pokémon for her Birthday by her father, who had went travelling in his younger days. The two of you get talking for a while and Kiera pets Torchic, who seems rather keen on the attention, forgetting his empty stomach and full bowl of food to lap up the stroking and petting.

“Why don’t we go and see if we can capture a Pokémon after I finish my shift? I get off in a few hours and I’d feel more comfortable having a go at making my first capture with a bit of assistance. Don’t worry if you’d rather go it alone, but if you would?”

How will you answer?

I lost the key to my room Locked~girl~xd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Cubone View Post

Pokemonxd4:Dusting yourself off from the unorthodox drop off, you look up to see the Ancient Tomb in front of you, stretching out far to both sides, and the hairs on the back of your neck begin to stand up. The tomb is undoubtedly imposing but it is equally disturbing, and you feel uncomfortable even looking at it. Still, with faithful Wipeout by your side, you approach the Ziggurat, aiming towards the ornately runed gates. As you draw nearer, you can see that the gates are open, but yet things still feel unusual, as if the building itself is not keen to welcome visitors. Casting aside your doubts, you stride through the gates into the building itself, with Wipeout clinging to your right leg, looking slightly apprehensive about the forthcoming exploration.

As you walk into the building, a thick layer of dust makes conditions underfoot spongy and you kick up a fair bit of dust as you take another step. Behind you, the door slams shut of its own accord with a deafening crash which causes both you and Chimchar to jump out of your skins. With the doors closed, you are trapped inside the labyrinth in very low light conditions, with the only sources of light being a few lightly burning flames in torches on the wall and of course Wipeout’s own tail flame. Looking around, you can see that you are in a reasonably tight corridor, the floor, as previously mentioned, is thick with dust, but the walls are of stone, encrusted with gems and designs which make it appear that a thousand eyes are staring at you out of the semi-darkness.

Feeling mildly intimidated, Chimchar jumps into your arms to be closer to you, holding out his tail in front of the two of you to light your way as you begin to tread softly and slowly further into the Tomb, keeping a keen eye on the shadows surrounding the walls, looking for the slightest sign of movement. With nothing jumping out at you, the two of you feel a little more comfortable and begin to speed up a little as you head into the labyrinth itself, turning left and right through narrow identikit corridors.

After a short while, you turn a corner into a room which looks different to those that came before. A reasonably large square room with a door in the middle of each side, so three doors in addition to the one you’ve just walked through. This room is considerably better lit than those that have come before, and you can make out that above each door is a gemstone of a different colour; a large emerald above the door to your left, with a ruby facing it on your right and directly before you a sapphire, which reflects a faint blue light from a flame. Chimchar looks from doorway to doorway and then looks at you, head leaning to one side. His question is clear:

Which doorway will you follow?

cool update. I hope you like my replys as this adventure continues. also can you tell me what I need to work on if it isn't too much trouble.

Zack looked at the three doorways with different coloured gems and looked down at Wipeout who was still clinging to him but looking at him questioningly. Zack knew Wipeout wanted him to choose what door to go through. He looked over all three doors and started getting nervous. The three gems could mean types of pokemon that way, it could mean what pokemon type is good or badfor that doorway which made things a little complicated.

Zack continued to ponder the meaning of the doors but Wipeout started shaking vigirously. Wipeout wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Zack, who understood his partner finally decded. He then said "Wipeout I want to go through the door with the saphire above it if you don't mind?" Wipeout still shaking did not seem to care about what door to go through but, just wanted to get it over with.

Zack walked slowly and carefully toward the saphire doorway holding Wipeout with it's tail pointed in front of Zack for sight. As he approached he grew hesitant wondering if this was a good idea or not. He had no idea what was lying behnd any of the doors but he had to go through one. If it was the wrong choice what would happen though? With all these thoughts in mind Zack continued to approach the door and as he apprached the flame of chimchars tail seemed to make the area around him glow blue as he entered the door.

Sorry it isnt longer but I couldnt think of what else to type without making it a self update.
    Last edited by Locked~girl~xd; 9th August 2009 at 11:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
    A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?

The sunlight shined bright in Ricks eyes as he stepped into what could only be thought of as the first day of the rest of his life. It would take a while to venture from his hometown, Viridian City, to the world of Fizzytopia, but that could only be seen as a good thing in Ricks eyes, as it gave him plenty of time to think over the various options for his starting adventure. Grabbing onto the railing, Rick glanced over the side of the ferry he was taking, and stared down at the waters bellow. He had been travelling for four days on the ship now, and from what the announcements were saying, it would only be a few hours before he would arrive in Fizzytopia, at which point he would go his separate ways with many of the passengers and find the location for his first adventure. The tension was getting to him; he had been waiting for such a chance for a long time. Glancing at the waters once more, he then turned and made his way down some of the ships narrow stairways, heading for his cabin at the bottom.

It wasn’t the nicest place to stay for almost a week, but it did exactly what it needed to, but at the same time it did only what it needed to. There was a small bed against one of the tiny, sickly white walls of the cabin, with a single pillow and a mattress and cover. No bedposts. On the other side of the room, there was a plastic desk, a plastic chair, a small phone, and one of those tiny little hotel style fridge’s which you had to pay for use of. Strolling over to the desk, he slowly sat down, letting his previously windswept black hair fall back into what was generally its usual position during most times of the day, a heap of untidy mess. Grabbing a comb from the interior of his backpack, he slowly combed down all of the sticking up hairs to make it look fairly average. This was simply because Rick despised his hair getting in the way when he was reading, and combing it out the way seemed a simple method to stop such a problem.

Reaching for his backpack once again, Rick placed his Guide to Fizzytopia down on the desk, and stared at it thoughtfully. On the front cover itself, Rick could see a variety of different places, including a picture of a cloud filled sky, a picture of a beautiful tropical beach, and a picture of a tribal village all of which arranged to show the best of the places they were advertising. Rick smiled and began to flick through his guide. He went through section by section, slowly ruling out different areas due to the fact that they were too far away, too hard for beginning trainers, or illogical like the Ocean of Mystery. After about an hour of looking through the individual guides, he narrowed it down to three options. The Graveyard, The Desert of Illusion and the Silverton Ranges. Scratching his head in puzzled ways, he reached for his belt, and slowly gripped the pokeball residing there. “Right then, looks like I’ll need a bit of help choosing. Come on out Belle.” He exclaimed to nobody in particular as he pressed the center button on the pokeball, a flashing red light spraying out of it instantly as the appearance of his starter Pokemon arrived.

Quite an unorthodox starter Pokemon due to its tiny moveset and rarity, Ricks Combee happily flew out of the pokeball and fluttered her wings a bit, flying around the cabin in search of what Rick could only assume is honey. It seemed that since being captured, Combee still can’t get over the fact it’s a honeybee, and the Pokemon searches for it at any opportune moment. Rick reached out and grabbed the bee Pokemon, turning it around to face the guide. “Belle, I’m going to need your help choosing a suitable location to start our travel. I’ve narrowed the choices down to three, and decided that you probably deserved a say in it too.”

“Bee, Com” The three heads of Belle replied as they stared down at the pages bookmarked by Rick. They glanced quickly at each of the locations, and then pointed with both wings at the Desert, flying around and chirping happily. Rick nodded, and although shocked at the Combees quick decision, he put his guide away in his bag, as well as the comb from earlier. Tidying his desk quickly, and putting all his possessions away, he left his room for what he assumed would be the last time, opening the cabin door and making his way back up to the top floor of the boat. Looking out from the front of the boat, Rick saw that they still had two or three hours to go, so sat down on the floor and began to play with his starter Pokemon to make the journey fly by.

Eventually, the boat Rick was sitting on docked in Fizzytopia, and Rick stepped out onto the shores of adventure…or something like that. Looking around the area, he looked for any signposts at all regarding where the Desert existed. Returning Belle to her pokeball, Rick walked towards what appeared to be an information desk and began to speak to the woman that was sitting behind it. After a fairly short conversation, Rick gathered he wasn’t able to get any form of train to the area, and in fact, he would only be able to get there via walking or getting a taxi driver willing to go that far. Sighing, he walked towards the main road, and began to walk down it slowly, heading towards the place suggested by the book.

Rick stared slowly towards the horizon, his eyes attempting to see any sort of shapes or buildings in the distance. He saw none. Managing to reach the desert had been an easy task in the end compared to the actual journey across the desert. He’d been walking for a few days through the sands now, attempting to find some form of shelter in the huge empty wasteland. Grabbing his pokeball, he grabbed the ball attached to his belt, and pulled it out in front of him. Tapping the center of the pokeball, his partner emerged into the air in front of him, flapping her wings happily as she enters the area. Rick smiled to his partner slowly.

“Well then, we’re here. What shall we do then?”

Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, welcome to FB. I'll be your updator for the duration of your time in the Arcane Realm and will strive to get you out of here as soon as possible. Before we get started I want to quickly mention two things. Firstly, in the bottom right-hand corner of each post is a quote button. Please ensure you use this when quoting your update so that all appropriate tagging will show up in your post as well as a direct link to the update; c/ping then adding quote tags will not do this. Simply quote and remove anything not related to you, only keeping your update within the quote tags. Secondly, the Arcane Realm and Fizzytopia are completely separate zones and have nothing to do with one another :p You've only made one post so far and your RPing skills appear to be quite good so let's see how quickly you're able to ditch me and venture into the main zones ;). Happy adventuring, and I hope you enjoy your time here ^-^.

Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

handymankg2: As the sun beats overhead it's hard to imagine that only days ago you were sailing the ocean en route to this harsh and unhospitable land. Right about now you'd give just about anything to feel the cool sea breeze wafting over your parched skin, but all you can feel is the blistering heat as you travel further into the Desert of Illusion. For such an arid environment, it's surprising just how much life surrounds you. Many Cacnea and Cacturne bask in the warm rays, while you occasionally catch a fleeting glimpse of ground Pokémon burrowing for cover as you approach. Not at all used to seeing humans way out here in the desert, the local wildlife isn't all that eager to befriend a curious traveller, especially one who is accompanied by another Pokémon and appears to be on the lookout for a battle. Belle doesn't appear too fussed about the fact Pokémon are avoiding you, however, as she's thoroughly enjoying being free of the restraints of her Pokéball and is buzzing about excitedly looking for food. The screeching caw of a Spearow rings out overhead, and when you look up to watch the bird notice a whole flock of them zooming across the sky at high speed, apparently in quite a hurry to get somewhere. It's then that you feel the rocky earth vibrating beneath your feet, and notice many other Pokémon come out of hiding and race off in the same direction in which the Spearow are headed. The vibrations become stronger, and within minutes discover that you're directly in the path of a stampeding herd of Rapidash. Belle's eyes practically bug out at the sight, but you're both quite eager to remain in one piece and hurriedly remove yourselves from their path before you're trampled to a pulp. After they've passed you watch them as they disappear into the distance, noting a thick trail of black smoke rising into the air a couple of miles away. Rather than running from it all of these wild Pokémon are heading for it, which is a rather curious matter in itself. What could be out there that has all of these Pokémon racing toward what appears to be quite a large and dangerous fire? While you're standing there wondering if you should investigate, you hear a weak cry and turn to see a Ponyta laying on the ground beside a boulder. Taking a few steps closer you can see blood oozing from a wound on its head and surmise that it must have fallen and hurt itself, its parents not yet aware of its absence in their haste to reach the location of the blaze. It looks up at you, its eyes barely focused, whinnying softly as it lays helplessly on the ground before you...

Beyond the Looking Glass Kori Gotcha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kori Gotcha: Deciding, perhaps wisely, to venture to one of the less intimidating areas of the Arcane Zone, yourself and Torchic walk into Mediville, unnoticed in the bustling streets, looking for somewhere to eat. Walking down the cobbled streets, you can see a variety of shops to either side, selling a variety of uncooked foods and goods, as well as a Pokémart retailing a variety of goods. There are a few Pokémon around, but they seem to be already owned, helping out stallholders or simply strolling along with their trainers in the same way that you and Torchic are enjoying your morning walk.

Just around the first corner, you spot a small restaurant serving human and Pokémon food. By this point, the two of you are beginning to get seriously hungry, so you decide to make a stop here for a meal. The two of you enter the restaurant, which is pleasantly decorated if a little dusty, and survey the scene. There are only two other customers in at the moment, a young couple sat in the far corner of the restaurant drinking Tea and eating biscuits while their Nidoran eat below the table. The pair don’t look up from their food as you walk in, but a waitress approaches you and shows you to a seat, handing you a menu at the same time. The waitress looks maybe only two years older than you, a plain looking girl in a cream apron, who smiles as you order a drink for yourself and Torchic.

As the waitress returns to the bar to make your drinks, you peruse the menu and both yourself and Torchic peruse the menu, salivating at the selection of food on offer. Once your drinks are delivered, you select a meal which probably involves far too much fat, salt and all sorts of nutritional nasties, but the both of you are too hungry to mind, and that too arrives within a short period as the restaurant is quiet. When delivering your food, the Waitress stops to talk to you:

“What brings you to Mediville then?” she asks, introducing herself as Kiera. You explain that you were passing by on the start of your adventure with Torchic, and she mentions that she also wishes to begin an adventure, having been given a Pokémon for her Birthday by her father, who had went travelling in his younger days. The two of you get talking for a while and Kiera pets Torchic, who seems rather keen on the attention, forgetting his empty stomach and full bowl of food to lap up the stroking and petting.

“Why don’t we go and see if we can capture a Pokémon after I finish my shift? I get off in a few hours and I’d feel more comfortable having a go at making my first capture with a bit of assistance. Don’t worry if you’d rather go it alone, but if you would?”

How will you answer?

Kori walked through the streets and took in the sights of the quaint little town. Not too big, not too developed, it reminded Kori a lot of home. He took note of the various shops that were around when Kori felt a sudden pinch at his left ear. Torchic had suddenly nipped him.

“Hey! What was that for!” he said. He then noticed what it was that Torchic saw. It was a restaurant for both people and Pokemon. “Haha, finally!” he said. He walked in and looked around. The place wasn't busy at all with only two other customers and their Nidoran being the only patrons at the moment, it was still early morning but he could hear the sizzle of the griddle and smell the sweet scent of bacon cooking, it was enough to send Kori and Torchic into a trance. They were soon awakened from their state when a waitress approached them.

"Good morning sir! Welcome to the Rapidash and Dine Diner! I'll take you to your seat." she said. She led them to a table near the windows. Kori took a seat and Torchic hopped off of Kori's shoulder to rest on the floor.

"Here is the menu, our selection of Pokemon food is on the back of the menu. Is there anything I can get you two for drinks?" she asked.

"Yeah, could you get me a glass of orange juice and some water for my Torchic?" asked Kori. He noticed that she took particular interest in Torchic, smiling at it, having a dreamy look in her eye. She tore her gaze away from Torchic and nodded, saying "Coming right up!" and heading toward the kitchen. "Looks like you already have a fan Torchic." laughed Kori. She returned with their drinks and asked Kori for his order. He chose the Breakfast Special with extra bacon and PokeMeal #2: Fire which consisted of barbecued cornmeal, extra spicy, the way most Fire types liked it.

Kori and Torchic waited for their order and looked out of the window, noticing a few Taillows and Pidgeys flying overhead. It wasn't long till the waitress returned with the food, and in just 10 minutes at that. No wonder this place was called the Rapidash and Dine, it definitely deserved it's name. She placed Kori's food on the table and Torchic's food on the floor beside the table and almost immediately, a flood of drool came flowing out of Kori's mouth and Torchic's beak. The waitress laughed at the sight of them and asked a question.

"What brings you to Mediville then?" she asked. Kori shook himself once again out of his stupor and faced the waitress.

"Huh? Oh, me and Torchic here are just traveling around a bit. We're sort of on our personal journey of self discovery....or something like that. We're just passing through really, we just got hungry since we had pretty much no food left for ourselves and we didn't feel like collapsing on the side of the road just yet, we're only a few days into our trip."

"Oh wow! That's wonderful! I've been wanting to do something like that myself! My name is Kiera." she said. Kori introduced himself and Torchic to her and shook her hand. "I just love Pokemon, I guess I have my father to blame for that. Him and his tales of advenure, living every day the way he wanted with his Pokemon when he was younger, it was what I grew up with." she said. Kori laughed, remembering it being the same way with his brother. Kiera bent down and began petting Torchic who was loving every second of it. It nearly made the little bird forget about the food and how hungry he was just a little while ago. "Your Torchic is simply adorable." she said, the same dreamy look in her eyes appearing. "I have an idea!" she said, suddenly standing upright. "I have a Pokemon at home that I just got for my birthday and I want to try something I've never done before. Why don’t we go and see if we can capture a Pokémon after I finish my shift? I get off in a few hours and I’d feel more comfortable having a go at making my first capture with a bit of assistance. Don’t worry if you’d rather go it alone, but if you would?" she asked.

Kori barely had to think about it. He smiled wide and answered "Of course I'll help you out! I'm new to this game too so I want to get every bit of experience I can manage!" Kori said. Kiera looked absolutely delighted.

"Great! I'll meet you at the Pokemart after work then!" she said. Kori nodded and Kiera headed back to the front door, ready to greet any other customers that came in.

"You heard that Torchic! This is going to be an awesome day." he said excitedly. The Torchic nodded in agreement and the pair began to dig into the food they had been longing for. After eating everything off of their plates, bellies comically engorged, Kori paid for the meal and headed to the Pokemart.

Last edited by Kori Gotcha; 10th August 2009 at 12:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, welcome to FB. I'll be your updator for the duration of your time in the Arcane Realm and will strive to get you out of here as soon as possible. Before we get started I want to quickly mention two things. Firstly, in the bottom right-hand corner of each post is a quote button. Please ensure you use this when quoting your update so that all appropriate tagging will show up in your post as well as a direct link to the update; c/ping then adding quote tags will not do this. Simply quote and remove anything not related to you, only keeping your update within the quote tags. Secondly, the Arcane Realm and Fizzytopia are completely separate zones and have nothing to do with one another :p You've only made one post so far and your RPing skills appear to be quite good so let's see how quickly you're able to ditch me and venture into the main zones ;). Happy adventuring, and I hope you enjoy your time here ^-^.

handymankg2: As the sun beats overhead it's hard to imagine that only days ago you were sailing the ocean en route to this harsh and unhospitable land. Right about now you'd give just about anything to feel the cool sea breeze wafting over your parched skin, but all you can feel is the blistering heat as you travel further into the Desert of Illusion. For such an arid environment, it's surprising just how much life surrounds you. Many Cacnea and Cacturne bask in the warm rays, while you occasionally catch a fleeting glimpse of ground Pokémon burrowing for cover as you approach. Not at all used to seeing humans way out here in the desert, the local wildlife isn't all that eager to befriend a curious traveller, especially one who is accompanied by another Pokémon and appears to be on the lookout for a battle. Belle doesn't appear too fussed about the fact Pokémon are avoiding you, however, as she's thoroughly enjoying being free of the restraints of her Pokéball and is buzzing about excitedly looking for food. The screeching caw of a Spearow rings out overhead, and when you look up to watch the bird notice a whole flock of them zooming across the sky at high speed, apparently in quite a hurry to get somewhere. It's then that you feel the rocky earth vibrating beneath your feet, and notice many other Pokémon come out of hiding and race off in the same direction in which the Spearow are headed. The vibrations become stronger, and within minutes discover that you're directly in the path of a stampeding herd of Rapidash. Belle's eyes practically bug out at the sight, but you're both quite eager to remain in one piece and hurriedly remove yourselves from their path before you're trampled to a pulp. After they've passed you watch them as they disappear into the distance, noting a thick trail of black smoke rising into the air a couple of miles away. Rather than running from it all of these wild Pokémon are heading for it, which is a rather curious matter in itself. What could be out there that has all of these Pokémon racing toward what appears to be quite a large and dangerous fire? While you're standing there wondering if you should investigate, you hear a weak cry and turn to see a Ponyta laying on the ground beside a boulder. Taking a few steps closer you can see blood oozing from a wound on its head and surmise that it must have fallen and hurt itself, its parents not yet aware of its absence in their haste to reach the location of the blaze. It looks up at you, its eyes barely focused, whinnying softly as it lays helplessly on the ground before you...
    Sorry about that, I did actually copy the thing from your post, I just deleted the size tags along with the rest of the post due to my lack of memory. I also apologise for regarding the world of Fizzy Bubbles as Fizzytopia, as I was under the assumption it referred to the entire Fizzy Bubbles World rather than just a zone. I’ll try to lessen my mistakes in future, and thank you for responding so quickly and so well. I only hope I can be a decent person to adventure with.

As Rick walked throughout the desert, he began to become aware very promptly that the Pokemon were becoming more active. Glancing straight upwards, Rick stared in awe as the huge flock of Spearows fly straight across the sky at a fast speed away from Rick. Flocks of Spearow weren’t uncommon in Ricks hometown of Viridian, and he often saw them flying over the forest when doing fieldwork with his mother. One thing that was peculiar, however, was the speed at which they were flying in that direction, and the frantic flapping of their wings seemed to suggest that the birds were flying away from something, or perhaps as he was soon to find out, flying towards something. Turning around, Rick watched the birds as they flew of into the distance, and began to look for what they might be flying towards. This was interrupted, however, by the feeling of shaking ground underneath him. Around him, Pokemon had begun to head in the same direction the Spearows were heading at fairly fast paces, almost as frantic as the flock had been. This began to arouse some thought in Ricks mind; if they were trying to escape from something, why would they all head in the same direction?

His thoughts were interrupted prematurely, however as he suddenly feels that the ground underneath him is vibrating. Turning around, he weakly stares at the oncoming stampede of Rapidash, and has to be nudged in the side by Combee before he moved from his paralysed state. The pair ran out of the way of the stampeded, and Rick leapt straight down onto the sand, Belle floating alongside happily knowing that they weren’t going to be crushed, but nonetheless slightly uncomfortable about the horde of fire types heading in their direction. Waiting slowly for the Rapidash to pass, Rick examined the flames spurting out of their backs. He always had found it amazing how Pokemon such as Rapidash, Charizard and Typhlosion could keep flames running constantly without using up any of their energy supplies. Looking at things like this made Rick truly understand the wonder of nature. Staring in the direction that they ran, Rick finally saw what the Spearow must have been flying towards; a large rising black smoke cloud. Why would Pokemon head towards what could only be a giant fire was the first thought springing to Ricks mind, but he quickly stopped thinking about such things when he heard a weak whimper from behind him. Turning around quickly, he stared down to find a Ponyta, the basic form of Rapidash, lying down on the floor next to a boulder.

Walking towards the poor horse, Rick noticed a sticky red substance leaking out of the Pokemons head. Rick gulped; he wasn’t too fond of looking at blood, and seeing a Pokemon like this saddened his heart deeply. Reaching for his backpack, he began to look through it to see if he could find anything useful for the Pokemon. Looking up again sadly, he realised he had nothing that could help the poor little Pokemon. Tearing a small strip of material from his tracksuit trouser legs, he attempted to reach down and wipe the blood off the Ponyta, hoping to lesson the pain slightly, although he doubted it would do much. Turning his head slowly to his partner, he said weakly “Belle…Use Sweet Scent on the Ponyta. Hopefully the sweet smell will make it feel slightly better.” Rick gulped, this was all he could do for now.

Sorry about this, I doubt you’ll have much to update about, but I couldn’t really think how to help the poor Pokemon. D;

Failure Extraordinaire Blue Zangoose's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First one to post, last one to update. XP

Fuuten: Trudging along the snow covered path, bucket in one frostbitten hand, the other buried inside your black jacket; you can be forgiven for wondering why you decided to come to such a harsh environment for your very first adventure with Grimer. Of course, Grimer himself is tucked away happily now inside a Pokéball, leaving you to tackle the inclement conditions alone. As you head on up the path it begins to get steeper and you begin to climb up towards the Mountains ahead, looking around to survey your surroundings.

With the snow still falling overhead, visibility is severely limited and what Pokémon there would normally be around seem to have taken shelter elsewhere to avoid the rapidly falling temperatures. You can see a little way further up the past as it slopes ever further upwards, and with a deep breath, you draw your clothes around you and, with the bucket clunking along, increase the pace of your walking, hoping to get to higher ground

After a good hour or so of trudging up a seemingly never ending path in increasingly bitter conditions, you can now look down and see the mountain stretching down below you, seemingly endlessly into the mist, high enough up now not see the ground . At your own level though, things are starting to get a bit more interesting, with the debris from a Mine spread along the side of the path, small piles of rocks, broken pick-axes and helmets buried in the snow, looking slightly more recently discarded than those seen further down the mountain. Surprised to see the signs of activity, you consult your guidebook to the area, which confirms your suspicion:

Silverton Mountains: Once these Mountains were heavily mined, but around twenty years ago the mining stopped completely after temperatures dropped considerably in the area. It is unknown what caused the sudden drop in temperatures, but rumours of the uncovering of an ancient Pokémon by over inquisitive miners are widespread in the area. With the Mines gone, the area is now rarely travelled and anyone wishing to explore the area is advised to take warm clothes and strong Pokémon.

If the Mines closed 20 years ago, the debris around was very well preserved as it certainly didn’t look like that. With your interest piqued, you begin to follow the loose trail of mining equipment, deviating slightly from the beaten path, the signs of mining become a little denser, and you can see what looks like a light in the distance as you approach a crossroads. The crossroads presents you with a choice; follow on down the fork to the left where the equipment leads, or the right fork, which continues still further up the mountain, getting steeper as it goes.

Which way will you go?

“Should of t-t-taken those gloves...” Roy scolded himself, as he could feel the mountain path’s icy cold grip giving his hands a hefty hand shake, turning his fingers into icicles. His words soon reminded him of why he didn’t take those blasted gloves at the store. They weren’t on sale. He also thought his fingerless gloves would have done just fine.

“Just fine my ass!” He bellowed in frustration, shoving his right hand frantically into his light jacket, he could hear his voice echo amongst the white back drop that surrounded his very person; once supposed to be the mountains, now could be easily mistaken for a white canvas from a frozen over hell. Roy’s vision wasn’t completely devoid of any indication of where he was going though. A heavy snow fall persisted, but Roy still could discern a bit of the path up ahead, looking like it was beginning to incline upwards even further.

Once he reached those mountains, a fortune worth of ore could be waiting for him! He could just imagine swimming in the lakes of cash once he got his paws on the silver, gold, what ever the heck minerals! Getting another Pokemon on the side wouldn’t hurt either... Surely more Pokemon were residing within the mountains, taking shelter from this vile, icy hell.

And with that, his dreariness and deep seated hatred of the bitter cold melted away. What sprang up was a new vigorous spirt rising from the depths of his mind, and beginning to resonate into his very soul. He began to prepare.

Sliding his bare left hand into his sleeve (still carrying the bucket Roy’s lazy slime ball oh so loved, unfortunately unhooking from his bag earlier), and pushing his jacket collar up above his nose to the ends of his ears, he began to increase pace, almost running along the snow covered path. He realized the weather conditions were only going to worsen, but how bad could it get? Once he cleared a little space, found an entrance of some sort, he would be home free with cash in his pockets and a reluctant Grimer in a Pokeball to show for it! How could this hell really be any worse?

Soon an answer rang apparent. A whole lot FUCKING WORSE. Roy’s hair, eye brows, lips, coat, bucket, EVERYTHING was filled or covered in snow. Most would mistake him for a mini yeti then a human being at this point. He sure didn’t move like one though, as he sluggishly plodded along the path, almost slouching forward as he walked. Within the time he took to get to his current position, the weather had taken his senses in full in some shape or another.

His boots were filled with slushy snow, chilling his little piggies to the bone, his body constantly shivering against the icy winds piercing through his cheap coat and his face beat red with cold. All Roy could hear was his teeth repeatedly chattering, the snow filled bucket clunking against his person, and his ears popping once in a while. Clouds of his breath being dispensed more rapidly then before was the only thing Roy sighted at the time, besides the indefinite snow fall, looking like it would never let up. Looking down the mountain, all he could see was the stoney white surface proceeding down below, ending in a thick mist that hid the ground from him. He had surprisingly made it pretty far within the hour. Though the warmth of his pacing way back when, sure didn’t help him now, feeling warm snot dribbling from his nose...

Trying to forget his current situation, his mind began to wander. Thoughts of warm beaches and hot summers began to sprout about, but when thought didn’t touch base with reality, regret became those warm thoughts replacements. His thoughts wandered from smacking the shopkeeper unconscious and hoarding all of his winter clothing, to crushing that old man back at the train station and using the man’s wife as shelter from the unforgiving weather, like he saw in that movie once... But abruptly his “should a and could a’s” were interrupted with an unusual discovery.

Pieces of pick-axes, helmets and small piles of rock (not worth any value Roy noted earlier), were found amongst the path and deviating from it. Roy had seen these all before earlier on his sprint up, but most looked as if they had been there for years, covered by heavy snow and the equipment looking like wear and tear got to them years ago. But these were different. These were recent. The debris were barely covered in snow, and didn’t look worn at all. Surprised and a little dismayed, Roy opened a pocket of his back pack and pulled out his copy of Super Awesome Adventure Guide 2! and flipped to the page he only skimmed earlier.

“Heavily mined... T-t-take warm clothes and strong Pokemon!?” Several loud smacks could be heard echoing through the mountains at that moment. Roy, rubbing his forehead now more beet red the his face ever was, slid his now wet and snow covered guide book into his bag. Bypassing the information of some ancient Pokemon legend hocus pocus, what intrigued him the most was the Mine being abandoned over 20 years ago, but there being activity there now... Maybe there is still some ore left? Renewing his interest in the ores once more, he followed the trail of equipment, eventually leading to a fork in the path.

One path continued upwards towards the mountains, most likely turning Roy into an ice cube by the time he would reach any Mines up there. While the other presented a bright light overhead with more equipment littering the snow covered ground, giving evidence of a Mine near by. A mine possibly not fully raped of its precious treasures the Roy could pawn off... A Mine where he could shelter himself from these frigid conditions. The choice was obvious. Once again quickening his pace, he headed for the warming light summoning him from this desolate weather to a hopefully better situation. Anything had to be better then being a permanent ice fixture on these mountains.
    Fizzy Bubble
    Lv.7 Male

Post Thanks / Like

You've nothing to be sorry for, and you're doing wonderfully so far so don't fret. It's also great the way you've instructed Combee to use Sweet Scent to try and help Ponyta come round which demonstrates you're thinking "outside the box" so to speak, and are able to come up with alternative ways to use attacks. This is something that FB'ers are able to do quite successfully in zones, which shows you're already on the road to becoming an excellent roleplayer ^-^.

handymankg2: Though the urge to investigate the blaze is quite strong, you can't bring yourself to leave the injured Ponyta laying helplessly on the desert floor while you rush off to see what all of the fuss is about. Kneeling next to the little fire type you can see it's still quite young and wonder how long its parents will take to notice that it's missing. In the meantime, however, you feel you need to do something for it and although the sight of blood isn't something you feel you can ever get used to, you waste no time in tearing some material from your own trousers to wipe away the blood. Belle is hovering about concernedly as well, and nudges your water bottle after which you pour a little onto the scrap of material to clean the wound, as well as pouring a little onto the fire horse's lips. Belle, wanting to help, secretes a strong, Sweet Scent, her little wings wafting it over Ponyta's nose in hopes it will help the little fire type to regain its consciousness. It's slow going, but after several minutes Ponyta's eyes begin to regain their focus. At first it seems afraid and flinches away from you, but upon realising that you're helping it starts to calm down. After several more minutes it's able to get to its feet, a little wobbly at first, but with yours and Belle's encouragement, is at least standing. Its gaze turns toward the blaze in the distance with concern, and just as it begins to take its first few steps in the direction of the fire it stops, its head turning to look into the desert behind you as another sound catches its attention. Turning to see what Ponyta is looking at, you see a jeep approaching, and a minute later it pulls up beside you, two burly men staring at you in a way that makes you quite uncomfortable as it seems they recognise you. They glance at Belle and Ponyta, apparently surprised to see you in the company of these Pokémon before the driver finally addresses you. "Hop in, Jack, the signal's up and the lootin's about to begin!" You stare at them for a moment while thoughts spin around your head. These men obviously think you're someone named Jack which means you must strongly resemble a person they know, but whether or not you should admit to the fact this is a simple case of mistaken identity is another matter. They don't look the friendly sort, and the fact Ponyta is discreetly nudging your hand in warning is also something to take into consideration. Should you go with these men, or tell them you'll make your own way over?

Post Thanks / Like

You've nothing to be sorry for, and you're doing wonderfully so far so don't fret. It's also great the way you've instructed Combee to use Sweet Scent to try and help Ponyta come round which demonstrates you're thinking "outside the box" so to speak, and are able to come up with alternative ways to use attacks. This is something that FB'ers are able to do quite successfully in zones, which shows you're already on the road to becoming an excellent roleplayer ^-^.

handymankg2: Though the urge to investigate the blaze is quite strong, you can't bring yourself to leave the injured Ponyta laying helplessly on the desert floor while you rush off to see what all of the fuss is about. Kneeling next to the little fire type you can see it's still quite young and wonder how long its parents will take to notice that it's missing. In the meantime, however, you feel you need to do something for it and although the sight of blood isn't something you feel you can ever get used to, you waste no time in tearing some material from your own trousers to wipe away the blood. Belle is hovering about concernedly as well, and nudges your water bottle after which you pour a little onto the scrap of material to clean the wound, as well as pouring a little onto the fire horse's lips. Belle, wanting to help, secretes a strong, Sweet Scent, her little wings wafting it over Ponyta's nose in hopes it will help the little fire type to regain its consciousness. It's slow going, but after several minutes Ponyta's eyes begin to regain their focus. At first it seems afraid and flinches away from you, but upon realising that you're helping it starts to calm down. After several more minutes it's able to get to its feet, a little wobbly at first, but with yours and Belle's encouragement, is at least standing. Its gaze turns toward the blaze in the distance with concern, and just as it begins to take its first few steps in the direction of the fire it stops, its head turning to look into the desert behind you as another sound catches its attention. Turning to see what Ponyta is looking at, you see a jeep approaching, and a minute later it pulls up beside you, two burly men staring at you in a way that makes you quite uncomfortable as it seems they recognise you. They glance at Belle and Ponyta, apparently surprised to see you in the company of these Pokémon before the driver finally addresses you. "Hop in, Jack, the signal's up and the lootin's about to begin!" You stare at them for a moment while thoughts spin around your head. These men obviously think you're someone named Jack which means you must strongly resemble a person they know, but whether or not you should admit to the fact this is a simple case of mistaken identity is another matter. They don't look the friendly sort, and the fact Ponyta is discreetly nudging your hand in warning is also something to take into consideration. Should you go with these men, or tell them you'll make your own way over?
    Smiling as the Ponyta came properly back into focus, he was happy to see that the Sweet Scent had worked, watching as the Ponyta got up and began to slowly walk about, heading towards the flame in the distance. Rick was slightly concerned; did the Pokemon actually think it would be able to walk all that distance? The Pokemon thankfully soon stopped in its tracks, however, as a sound began to erupt from the behind, and the sound heard could only have been one thing. A car. Rick smiled slightly, any veichle would make travelling throughout the desert sands a lot easier than walking, and he was getting slightly tired from all that had happened through the past few days. Reaching for his water bottle, he gulped some of the fresh, hydrating liquid down his throat before offering to Belle, who shook her whole body in denial. Shrugging, Rick turned round to face the veichle that would inevitably get closer to him in the coming moments, and got ready to address whoever was driving.

Two burly men seemed to be driving the veichle, and were slowing down as they reached Rick, something that Rick wasn’t sure he was happy about after catching the sight of them. Smiling weakly as they began to speak, Rick became aware they were talking to him as if he was someone completely different. It was slightly odd; Rick had never heard of anyone called Jack, and he didn’t think that many people looked much like him at all. Well, there was always those dopplegangers that supposedly existed for every person, or perhaps a ghost Pokemon disguised as him. Or maybe he was just being slightly dense, and should admit that the person most likely just looked similar or wore similar clothes. Rick suddenly felt something nudging his hand, and turned to see the small Ponyta nudging its head slowly against Rick. He began to think, perhaps the people were dangerous in some way; they certainly looked like dangerous people. Taking all this into consideration, Rick began to speak.

“Uh…Well, guys, I think I’ll head over there by myself. I’ve got certain business I have to deal with on the way, and I well, think you’d be better off without me.” Rick knew he had just said total rubbish, but he wasn’t a great speaker, or liar for that matter, so he probably hadn’t fooled them at all. He whispered to his Combee to get ready to battle just in case, and awaited their response nervously.

Post Thanks / Like

handymankg2: Not at all comfortable with the look of these two you're quick to put them off, hurriedly stating that you have other business to tend to first. They give each other a sideways glance at this, before shrugging and nodding in response. "Whatever you say, Jack, but don't be takin' too long," replies the driver. "You know how long it's taken to track down that village, and if we dilly dally they'll be gone before the job is finished." With that he revs the engine before speeding off into the distance leaving you wondering what that conversation was all about. Ponyta seems both relived and anxious that the men have gone and begins to follow, and concerned that it may not yet be strong enough to travel alone you walk beside it with Belle trailing along behind. It's a long trek and even though Ponyta appears weary it doesn't stop, and after a few hours find yourself standing on the outskirts of a village that appears to be under siege. Most of the damage appears to have already been done, the dwellings having already been burned to the ground; there are KOéd Pokémon everywhere, including many Rapidash, Spearow, and other wild Pokémon who had been rushing to this location. As you watch you witness one of the men you'd encountered earlier instructing a Blastoise to attack a Rapidash that is bearing down upon him, the burly water type unleashing a Hydro Cannon that has the fire type crashing to the ground in a crumpled heap. Ponyta neighs, distressed and panicked, racing to the side of its fallen family member and directly into the path of Blastoise who grins widely at it with malicious intent. At that moment its trainer notices you standing there and calls Blastoise off. "It's about time Jack!" he yells, frustrated. "The Mystics got away but judging from all these wild Pokémon fightin' hard to protect the village I'm guessin' they didn't have time to retrieve the artifact before they fled. It's gotta be here, so get searchin'!" Storming off to join a group of other men, he casts a final curious look at Ponyta and Belle before leaving you there to survey the damage. While you have no idea who these men are, or who these "Mystics" may be who supposedly inhabited this village, let alone what this artifact is you're supposed to be looking for, one thing is clear as day and that is these men are serious trouble. They've all but wiped out the wild Pokémon who had rushed to the rescue of the Mystics, and are now turning what's left of the ruins upside down in search of something that must be extremely valuable for them to be causing such mayhem. The question you need to ask yourself is whether or not you should infiltrate this group and try to find out what's going on, or if you should get yourself, Belle, and Ponyta as far away from here as possible before they discover that you're not the person they think you are...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast