The Tree Grove: Home of the Mother Tree (POKEMON RP ONLY) - Page 5

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tree Grove: Home of the Mother Tree (POKEMON RP ONLY)

We do what we must ApertureScience's Avatar

Default Re: The Tree Grove: Home of the Mother Tree (POKEMON RP ONLY)

Cyanide, Millicent/Willow, Telpo, Chiaka, Helena, Myrtle, Neville, Sparky, Bubbles, Botch, Pom:

"Well then, what are waiting for? To adventure!" Neville exclaimed, his face changing to one worn by a hero before charging into battle, ignoring the mass plea for help. Why bring more along? Isn't that the point of adventure, taking risks with only a small amount of people? "I fear that too many of us shall scare off the Darkrai... But that is exactly what we must do! Let's go!" Neville charged towards the base of the tree, adrenaline pumping through his... veins? Chiaka bounded after him, knowing at the very least he was a teammate.

"Well? What are you guys waiting for? Let's kick some Darkrai floating essence!" Chiaka questioned, before bounding away, whether others were following or not.

OOC: Decide who you will be bringing along. I plan to drag you all through puzzles, randomly creating them until the final battle which will end in tears. Feel free to create your own puzzles as we go along as well.

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cyanide, Millicent/Willow, Telpo, Chiaka, Helena, Myrtle, Neville, Sparky, Bubbles, Botch, Pom: Neville seemed positively thrilled at the prospect of adventure, and stated that only some of them should make the journey, for fear of scaring off the Darkrai with sheer numbers. He charged off towards the base of the tree, with Chiaka running after him. Myrtle floated along after her beloved without question. She wasn't particularly excited by the prospect of adventure... now, the prospect of adventuring with Neville, that was another matter altogether.

"We'll come, too," Millicent declared as she ran along after them, Willow slung over her shoulder.

"Good luck, big sis-ter," called Helena after Myrtle. "You can do it!" Then, she noticed the Eevee still sitting in place. "Cy-a-nide, are-n't you go-ing?"

"Nah," said the Eevee. "I personally don't think it's a good idea, not with that Stunfisk at the helm. He seems to be... how do I put this... completely insane."

"I don't know," said Helena. "If Myr-tle trusts him, then I do too."

Cyanide merely rolled her eyes.

August, Durandal, Seath: Seath asks suddenly if greed was really such a terrible thing. August chuckles a bit at the mention of Durandal's closely guarded stash of gold and other precious items. As a young Dratini, August had engaged in similar behavior herself; Marion would notice shiny necklaces and baubles going missing from her drawers, and ending up in piles hidden around the house. Though Marion was tolerant of August's behavior, given what she had read about dragon nesting instincts, Minerva was far less forgiving. If any of her sewing needles or, Giratina forbid, if the needle went missing, Minerva would stealthily steal all of August's painstakingly collected treasure and bury it somewhere where the poor dragon couldn't find it. After five or six instances of this, Marion decided to redirect August's instincts for shiny things into items of deep personal value. In fact, the book that August had given to Seath was from that very pile, which Marion helped August hide from Minerva and the others. As August grew older, she became responsible for finding suitable hiding places as she and her trainer moved around. She wondered idly if Seath had started hoarding things yet... Perhaps books would become his "treasure". Only time would tell.

Seath speaks of an insatiable hunger, and wonders what the dragon of Sir George's tale was like as a hatchling, and what events in his life shaped him into the wretched soul he ultimately became. August gives a firm nod in agreement to Durandal's response, showing solidarity with her beloved in his ideas, and in his vow to protect little Seath from whomever might try and attack him. After her mate's explanation, August makes a statement of her own;

Greed for knowledge, huh? Sounds like curiosity to me... August chuckles a bit. Curiosity will lead you down some very strange roads, indeed. I do not believe you have met my trainer, Lady Marion... but she shares a similar hunger to you, my dear. Not content with the limited knowledge books provided about the world of the dead and the spirits of the living, she left home to search for her own answers. The hunger runs deep within her veins. It leads her to dangerous places where no mortal would dare tread... but she has loved ones who keep her safe in spite of her insatiable curiosity. I will be interested to see what burning question takes you on the road... but there is time, and you have much to learn before you start your own journey.

Durandal decides to lighten up the mood by asking about Seath's training, and the little Dratini is eager to relate what he has learned to his mother. Apparently, Lady Orchrist had taught Seath about suffocation, and had taught Seath this lesson by choking the little Dratini to near- wait, what?

A protective growl forms low in August's throat; she had never really trusted that miserable snake, though she had done her best to be cordial... and she had the NERVE to choke her baby?! Before the low growl turns into a full-on explosion of rage, however, August flashes back to the "lessons" that she had learned at the hands of Minerva when she was a young Dratini herself, such as "which of these angry Shuppet about to viciously attack you is not an illusion" and "how to tell if that horrifying shadow in Marion's room is actually a threat and not just Minerva trying to mess with you". To Minerva's credit, August had developed a real sixth sense regarding illusion and trickery, and had an uncanny knack for recognizing deception from Minerva's constant illusions and (often painful) pranks. Much as August absolutely hated the thought of her baby being harmed in any way, she knew that these tough lessons were often the most influential for a growing baby. If she coddled her boy and shielded him from all harm as a child, he would not be well-equipped to face the world as an adult dragon. At least Orchrist seemed to be showing some restraint, after all. Better he learn at the hands (or snakelike coils) of a teammate than to learn from the enemy... often a lesson learned too late.

Coughing loudly as a way to hide the growl, she gently rubs her baby's head, smiling down at him gingerly. "I think there is more to that lesson that simply how long it takes to choke someone, Seath. Think about it... What was Lady Orchrist really trying to teach you?"

Sangre, Hedwig: The twilight hours fell upon the Tree Grove softly, as the golden sun sank towards the verdant horizon, kissing it tenderly before sinking beneath the world. The serene dimming of the sun's light and the rising of the moon served as a call to the Pokemon of the Tree Grove to slow down, relax, and begin thinking of sleep; not so, however, for Sangre and his new hunting partner. Where the dawn of night brought sleep to most creatures, it was this time of night when Sangre began to feel truly invigorated and alive. The hunt was imminent, and he was ready to strike.

Sailing towards a tree on the outskirts of the Grove, the Crobat swoops silently into the foliage, stopping on a vacant branch. Dangling upside-down from his perch, wrapping his wings close to himself, he perks his ears and listens for the slightest sound. A gentle snore, the pitter pat of small Pokemon feet, a fallen twig or rustle in the grass; if prey happened to be about, Sangre would more than likely hear it. Much as he focused on his listening, however, he could not help but wonder if he and Hedwig would be able to register the same noises, or if they would each go after different prey. He had to admit that he was intrigued by the thought of hunting with another, and it would be interesting to see if Hedwig's presence would be a detriment or a help. The hunt itself would be the true test.
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 7th February 2013 at 05:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Hedwig, Sangre: As night fell upon the Tree Grove, a pair of Crobat silently approached. As Sangre hung upside-down from a branch of a tree on the outskirts of the Grove, Hedwig did this as well, her ears open, listening for any sort of sound at all. Naturally, so silent were her wings that not even her own sensitive ears heard them flap. She also didn't hear as she grasped the tree branch with her small feet. This was what Hedwig did best- she loved to hunt. She lived to hunt. When she was this focused, not a damn thing escaped her notice. Not the rustling of the grass as a gentle breeze blew through, not the quiet creaking of some of the weaker tree branches as the wind blew through them, not the fluttering of a Mothim's wings as he flapped his way back to his nest-

The Mothim. Hedwig slowly grinned as she silently let go of the tree branch and was airborne once more, her four wings flapping in complete silence. She gave a look to Sangre as though inviting him to follow her, then took off, flying in the direction from which she heard the Mothim. She made sure she was approaching the Bug/Flying type from behind, so there was no way he would see her coming. She started following the Mothim from a distance- not so far that it would be easy for him to lose her, but not so close that he would notice. She was totally silent as she waited for the perfect moment to strike. If she wanted to, she could devour the Mothim in a single bite, but it all had to be timed perfectly.

Cyanide, Millicent/Willow, Telpo, Chiaka, Helena, Myrtle, Neville, Sparky, Bubbles, Botch, Pom:

"Well then, what are waiting for? To adventure!" Neville exclaimed, his face changing to one worn by a hero before charging into battle, ignoring the mass plea for help. Why bring more along? Isn't that the point of adventure, taking risks with only a small amount of people? "I fear that too many of us shall scare off the Darkrai... But that is exactly what we must do! Let's go!" Neville charged towards the base of the tree, adrenaline pumping through his... veins? Chiaka bounded after him, knowing at the very least he was a teammate.

"I'll go!" Said Sparky as he sent Sparks of anticipation off. "I'm going too, I may only know teleport but I can still help, plus I've got to make sure Millicent will be ok" Said Telpo following the rest. "What about you guys?" "I mean I've got to protect everyone from harm but why not go?" Botch asked to Bubbles and Pom. "If Cyanide isn't going I won't either wouldn't want her to get hurt after all" Said Pom Meanwhile Bubbles wasn't responding, she just had her head buried into her pincers, sounds of tears could be heard. Meanwhile off in a nearby tree Bubbles was being watched. "So miss Bubbles can't stand the truth, and she thinks that what happened is bad,pathetic." Said Kage "Well that could make her an easy target to join my ranks" Kage then jumped down and stalked the pokemon going straight into the void. "All according to plan, all I need to do is follow the fools until they lead me to Darkrai then they shall be disposed of" "And to combat that Shuppet from knowing I am here.....' Kage thought to herself before attaching a special gadget to her chest using her foot. "The anti emotion sensor version #353.354, perfect for making your emotions non detectable to Banette and Shuppet" Kage thought before she continued to stalk the group

Blog Entries

Ginny, Pisces, Kage: As Kage was secretly stalking the rest of the party going after Darkrai, there was the unshakable sensation that she was being watched... and then suddenly came a red and silver blur, flying past Kage, directly in front of her, and the device on her chest was expertly Cut clean in half. The blur came to an abrupt halt, and there stood an all-too-familiar Pawniard, glaring furiously at Kage.

"So," Ginny said venomously. "We meet again, Kage. Don't think I wasn't listening in on your little plot. You're gonna feed innocent Pokemon to Darkrai, including your own teammates, as well as mine? That's not happening, not on my watch." Then, Ginny reached behind her back, and produced a Poke Ball, balanced on one of her blades. "Luckily, I thought to bring a bit of backup with me," she continued. She launched the sphere straight up, then slapped it forward with the broad side of her blade, a move highly resembling a tennis serve. "Pisces! Go!" she shouted as Keith's Blue-Striped Basculin emerged from her ball and landed on the ground, glaring at the Grass-type before her.

"This the one you were talking about, ma'am?" the Basculin asked.

"Affirmative," nodded Ginny. "Pisces! Ice Beam!"

"Ma'am, yes, ma'am!" exclaimed the Basculin in response as she unleashed the Ice-type move as ordered. Instantly, Kage was trapped in a chunk of thick ice. The Seedot wasn't getting loose any time soon.

Ginny walked up to Kage. The ice, while thick, was not soundproof. "See, you're not going. Knowing you, you'll either try to recruit Darkrai for your own selfish causes, or else sign yourself up to ally with him. Either way, your plans will likely end with you and Darkrai as buddies, and that's not gonna fly. So you're just gonna stay there and... chill." Ginny crossed her arms, snickering at her own joke, eyes on the frozen Seedot all the while.

Ginny, Pisces, Kage: As Kage found herself trapped in a brick of ice she quickly formed a strategy. What Ginny or Pisces hadn't realized was that Kage actually knew Ginny was there and had anticipated an attack. Just then a beam of energy came from Kage shattering the ice and hiting Pisces hard, sending her flying. 'You liked that? That was my bide attack, it deals double the damage to the foe for as much damage I take while charging bide.' Kage said. 'And since I was hit by an icebeam while using it, it's like using a x4 effective attack or in other words Pisces is down for the count but just to be sure..' Said Kage before firing a bullet seed at the fish pokemon. 'And as for you, Ginny you seem to hate me, why?' 'Maybe because I threatened to kill your trainer?' 'Well no matter someone has to pay for what happened to me and Aco, what does it matter WHO has to die for it?!' Said Kage before firing another bullet seed, this time at Ginny.

Blog Entries

Ginny, Pisces, Kage: Ginny was stunned as Kage unleashed Bide, followed by Bullet Seed, severely damaging Pisces. Then, Kage had the nerve to ask why Ginny hated her. "Of COURSE it's because you threatened to kill him!" Ginny snarled. "And the robots you tried to kill me and Sirius with didn't exactly help your case, either!" Kage then said something interesting- that someone would have to pay for what happened to her, as well as someone called Aco. Ginny, her interest piqued, expertly deflected the seeds with her blades. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," Ginny said. "What do you mean? What happened to you? And who is Aco?" Her tone denoted mild interest in hearing the Seedot out for once.

Ginny, Pisces, Kage: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," Ginny said. "What do you mean? What happened to you? And who is Aco?" Her tone denoted mild interest in hearing the Seedot out for once. "What does it matter to you?" "Nobody cared at the time of the event, it's worthless for you to know Ginny" "Your just a pathetic waste of time, so how about I'll keep you busy" Kage said clearly angry at Ginny for even asking. "Botch I need backup!" "Ginny is plotting to kill all the pokemon that are trying to stop Darkrai I need help stopping her!" Kage said to Botch . Botch quickly ran over. "You again, I knew you were no good, prepare to get creamed!" Said Botch before firing a mud slap at Ginny. "Have fun!" Kage said before strapping on a new anti emotion sensor version #353.354 and continued to stealthy stalk the group going into the void.
    Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 8th February 2013 at 12:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Ginny, Pisces, Kage, Botch: Things were not looking good. Kage called Botch over, and fed the Grimer a lie, accusing Ginny of being the one plotting to murder the Pokemon that were going after Darkrai. Botch swallowed the lie without question and fired off a Mud-Slap at Ginny. The Pawniard deftly evaded the glob of mud. "Pisces! Get Kage!" commanded Ginny. The weakened Basculin hastened to flop after Kage, at which point the Pawniard turned to the Grimer. "Botch, listen to me," Ginny stated, urgency in her voice. "You know Kage was the one who tried to kill me and my trainer, so why are you even believing a single word she's saying? She's the one plotting to kill the Pokemon going after Darkrai! Now you listen to me. If you care at all about justice, then you gotta know that I'm the good guy here. Kage has been manipulating you and just about everyone else from the start."

Just then, Pisces flopped back over, and was pushing a solid block of ice containing one Seedot. "Here she is, ma'am," the Basculin stated.

"Very good, Pisces," nodded Ginny as she walked over to the Seedot. "Now, I'm going to shatter this ice. And when I do, I want you to calmly tell me what happened. There are those out there that actually might want to help you, if you would only open up to them." With that, she deftly struck the ice with the side of her blade, and it all shattered, leaving the Seedot free.

Ginny, Pisces, Kage, Botch: "It was accident, Kage thought that Kieth was going to kill Jake and she tried to kill you and Sirius because she thought you two were part of the plan." "You just don't give people or pokemon a chance" Botch said now angered as well. "Just then Pisces flopped back over with a Seedot ice cube. "Very good, Pisces," nodded Ginny as she walked over to the Seedot. "Now, I'm going to shatter this ice. And when I do, I want you to calmly tell me what happened. There are those out there that actually might want to help you, if you would only open up to them." With that, she deftly struck the ice with the side of her blade, and it all shattered, leaving the Seedot free. Just then Kage laughed before yet another beam of energy was shot by Kage hitting Pisces once again. "Ginny, Pisces you guys really are stupid, falling for the same trick twice, but now I must go, good bye!' " Oh and Botch take care of Ginny, don't worry about Pisces, with that second shot there's no way she hasn't fainted. Said Kage before stalking the group once again, the anti emotion sensor version #353.354 not broken from the icebeam. "And now Ginny it's time you learned a lesson of justice!" Said Botch before firing 2 mud slaps at Ginny.

Blog Entries

Ginny, Pisces, Malfoy, Kage, Botch: "Alright, so it was an accident," conceded Ginny. "Kage is still plotting to kill the Pokemon that are going after Darkrai! And some of those are my teammates, Botch! And Sparky's going too, do you want him to die? No you do not!" Botch then stated that Ginny didn't give anyone a chance, and this angered the Pawniard. "I do so!" she argued. Once she shattered the ice, however, Kage blasted Pisces with Bide once more. Then, Botch shot off a pair of Mud-Slaps. Ginny evaded both of them, but very narrowly. "Are you out of your mind?!" she exclaimed. "I just gave Kage a chance to explain herself, and she knocked out my teammate!"

Just then, a Toxicroak wandered over to the group. "What's up?" he said. "Ginny, Pisces- whoa, Pisces, what happened to you?"

"Kage happened," growled Ginny. The Toxicroak's eyes narrowed.

"That evil Seedot?" he hissed. "Should've guessed." He fired off a Heal Pulse at Pisces, restoring her health and energy. "Heard about her from Sirius."

"Yes, and she's going to try and kill a group of Pokemon who are going after Darkrai!" exclaimed Ginny.

"And you're not tailing her because...?" asked Malfoy.

"Because she's got this Grimer convinced that I'm the bad guy here!" the Pawniard replied.

"Ah," nodded Malfoy. "I see. So what do we do?"

"You tail Kage," stated Ginny. "Don't attack unless it's necessary. I don't know what she's going to try, but she intends to dispose of them all once they lead her to Darkrai, and I don't even want to know what she plans to do after that. Some of our teammates are in there, Malfoy, plus a Joltik that's this Grimer's teammate. See to it they come back alive."

"Got it," nodded Malfoy as he dashed off, silently tailing Kage.

Ginny then turned to face the Grimer. "Now do you believe I'm not the bad guy?" she asked. "I haven't attacked you, in spite of your attempted assault on me. And I just sent one of my teammates to ensure the safety of my teammates and yours. Kage, on the other hand, used up the chance I gave her by attacking Pisces and calling us stupid. Please," the Pawniard said, looking the Grimer right in the eyes. "I am asking you nicely here, Botch, to understand that I am not the bad guy here, OK? No more attacking. We have to cooperate if we want to keep our friends safe."

We do what we must ApertureScience's Avatar

Default Tree Trunk: Puzzle I

Neville, Chiaka, Myrtle, Millicent/Willow, Sparky, Telpo
    The four pokémon eventually catch up with Neville and Chiaka, with Chiaka jumping up and down cheerfully. “Yes, I did it!” She exclaimed with Neville by her side, shocked at how quickly Chiaka had solved the first puzzle, engraved into the side of the Great Tree.

“How did you… you know, what I don’t even care. Just…” Neville mumbled, confused and somewhat disorientated. He then noticed the new comers. “Oh, it’s about time. Welcome, friends, to the Great Tree!” Neville exclaimed, motioning to the massive tree in front of him. “Now, let’s continue, shall we?” Neville flapped his fins quickly and started flying up into a set of stairs, carved within the tree’s trunk. Soon, the next puzzle shows, and Neville quickly gets to work on it while Chiaka reads it aloud.

“The fire within burns the sky
    with an attack that shows the power of those who fly
    a corrupted one holds the means
    to open the door with the shining key.”

Chiaka sits down and begins to think. “’The door with the shining key’ must mean that over there, right?” She says, motioning her paw towards a small, key like shape within the wall. “Anybody got a clue?”

Blog Entries

Neville, Chiaka, Myrtle, Millicent/Willow, Sparky, Telpo: As Chiaka read the first riddle aloud, Myrtle glanced at it, reading in silence. As she read, she had a feeling she knew what it meant. An attack that shows the power of those who fly... she knew a move that matched that description- Sky Attack. The most powerful Flying-type move in the world. And the next line also caught Myrtle's attention. How often had she heard all the insults one would sling at what she was in life? Errors... gliched... corrupted.

"I think I know what it means," Myrtle said aloud. "We need the Sky At-tack of a Mis-sing-no. to open the door."

"What?" Millicent asked. "But where are we gonna find- What's that, Willow?" She looked at her log, then slowly turned to face Myrtle. "Wait, so you were-" she began.

"Yes," Myrtle replied, a hint of impatience in her voice. "When I was a-live, I was a Mis-sing-no., O-K? Now hope-ful-ly it will be just as ef-fec-tive com-ing from a for-mer Mis-sing-no. Stand back," she instructed as she focused hard, drawing on her Flying energy, channeling the strength she possessed in her former life, and with all the power of the Sky, rushed forward in a vicious Attack on the door Chiaka had indicated.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 11th February 2013 at 12:49 PM.

OOC: I would appreciate it if everyone in the Shade, Surus, Hebenon, Vincent, Wooper storyline acted like none of that ever happened. I was planning on taking us on some adventures, but I don't have the time for it anymore. Sorry.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast