The Tree Grove: Home of the Mother Tree (POKEMON RP ONLY) - Page 4

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tree Grove: Home of the Mother Tree (POKEMON RP ONLY)

We do what we must ApertureScience's Avatar

Default ABOUT FLIPPIN TIME, AMIRIGHT

Cyanide, Millicent/Willow, Telpo, Chiaka, Helena, Malfoy, Myrtle, Neville, Sparky, Bubbles, Botch, Pom:
    Upon hearing that somebody was hurt from a curse, Chiaka's ears perked up. "Curse? That's a very interesting move... I'll tag along, why not." The Eevee danced along to the mass gathering of Pokemon, where a little fight was going on. It took all she had to not start chanting "FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT". She stayed quiet through it, however, until the void appeared, and promptly fell asleep. Odd.

"You called?" Neville said, appearing from behind the Shuppet without his gingerbread disguise. Being a Stunfisk, he was prone to slipping into cracks for a range of purposes, from fleeing from bloodthirsty monsters to eavesdropping on confessions of love. "Why, Myrtle, I had no idea you felt that way about me! Although I fear this may cause some conflict... He predicted this, didn't he?" The Stunfisk's grin was evident, still smiling like a madman. "And don't worry about this little aura. Just a little help with getting you all to calm down from a friend. Might make you a bit sleepy, that's all." The black aura was cut out as suddenly as it had appeared, and Neville looked up at the tree's branches. Somewhere among them, there was an orange weasel using some interesting powers- his Metronome leading to Dark Void. "I'm surprised about this, really. One second your attacking me, the next panicking for my safety... Cute." Neville's grin slowly became something slightly more sincere. He whirled around to the group of Pokemon. "And as for you, Bubbles, thank you for saving me from the Gummi Bomb, but quite frankly, you are cruel. You may or may not beat out my reputation of being the greatest asshole in Fizzytopia. Good luck with that. Even from a madman's perspective, this was caused by you ultimately. But hey, on the other hand, you and Sparky there make a cute couple."

OOC: I feel like I've added more Vaas-insanity to Neville. Also, sorry if you take offense to what Neville says, but that's just how he is.

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Tree Grove: Home of the Mother Tree (POKEMON RP ONLY)

Myrtle, Neville, everyone else: Myrtle jumped a bit as Neville's voice sounded from behind her. She hadn't been expecting it, and yet, as she spun around to face him, there he was. The sight of him... Myrtle felt as though she was seeing the Stunfisk in a whole new light. Usually, she welled up with hatred and revulsion at the mere sight of him, and now... it was more like how she would always feel when she saw Bedivere, and yet, it seemed... somehow more... how to put this... certain. Neville revealed that the black aura was in fact a Dark Void, created by the Buizel's Metronome. Then, Neville revealed his surprise that she would attack him one minute and then panic for his safety the next, and the Shuppet started feeling guilt and remorse.

"A-bout that..." she said. "I... I am sor-ry I used Curse on you, Ne-ville," sighed Myrtle. "I real-ly am... I did not e-ven know how I tru-ly felt a-bout you un-til af-ter I had at-tacked... Per-haps I have liked you the whole time, and ne-ver knew it, per-haps it was your at-tack-ing me that some-how made me see it... I know that when you at-tacked, I could taste your thirst for ven-geance, how-e-ver... It was un-like a-ny-thing I have e-ver tas-ted. We may well have more in com-mon than I used to think."

Myrtle sighed, recalling that pretty much everyone on her team, including her trainer and his girlfriend, wanted Neville dead. "It is true, there may be some con-flict," said Myrtle. "But... It is a risk I am willing to take," she continued, her conviction showing in her voice as her stutter seemed to go away. "I love you, Neville."

"Neville?" came a sudden voice as Malfoy the Toxicroak approached them, his eyes narrowing as he recognized his former teammate. "You," he growled.

"Mal-foy, no!" barked Myrtle as she placed herself between the Toxicroak and the Stunfisk. "Do not at-tack him! I love him!"

"...What?" Malfoy asked incredulously. "You sure, Myrtle? You do remember that this is the same Stunfisk that-"

"My mem-o-ry is per-fect, thank you ve-ry much," Myrtle interrupted icily. "Now use your Heal Pulse on him. He has sus-tained hea-vy dam-age from my Curse, and I would like you to heal him up."

"...Well, alright," shrugged Malfoy as he did the last thing he ever thought he would do, and fired off a Heal Pulse at Neville in order to cure his injuries.

"Good," nodded Myrtle. "Now kind-ly spread the word to the rest of the team; Ne-ville is not to be at-tacked. A-ny-one who does at-tack him will an-swer to me," she finished ominously.

"Can't say I approve, but then, it's not my place," Malfoy remarked. "I'll go and tell the others."

As the Toxicroak wandered off, Myrtle turned back to face Neville, her expression softened like never before.

Various exclamations of "WHAAAAAT?!" could soon be heard from around the park, which told Myrtle that Malfoy was doing as directed to.

Malfoy, Hedwig: The Toxicroak's first stop was a shadowy area near the Mother Tree, where a Crobat was resting.

"Hmm?" Hedwig said as she noticed the approaching Toxicroak. "Oh, hey, Malfoy. What is it?"

"I'm here to convey a message from Myrtle," replied Malfoy. "You remember the Stunfisk named Neville?"

Hedwig's eyes narrowed. "How could I forget?" she snarled. "That damn fish caused so much havoc and pain... oh, how I long to be the one who drains his blood and leaves him for dead..."

"Yeah, about that..." Malfoy replied. "You might want to reconsider that particular ambition. Myrtle's ordered a complete cease of attacks against Neville. She's in love with him."

The Crobat's eyes bulged comically wide. "WHAAAAAT?!" she exclaimed.

"I know, right?" nodded Malfoy. "But it's Myrtle's orders. I'd follow them, too- you seen what she can do with that Curse of hers yet? It's serious stuff."

"Rrrrrgh," grumbled Hedwig. "Fine," she spat. "But that damn Stunfisk better not try any more Stealth Rock crap on me."

Satisfied, Malfoy wandered off to inform the rest of the team.

Cyanide, Millicent/Willow, Telpo, Chiaka, Helena, Malfoy, Myrtle, Neville, Sparky, Bubbles, Botch, Pom:
    As the group found out that the vortex was from Nevilles friend all of Jake's team let out a "what??????????????" Well everyone except Telpo. He didn't tell anyone but that energy that caused him a headache and caused was still flowing from the Mother Tree. He'd alert everyone soon about it but right now he let them have there happy moment. "Why, Myrtle, I had no idea you felt that way about me! Although I fear this may cause some conflict... He predicted this, didn't he?" The Stunfisk's grin was evident, still smiling like a madman. "And don't worry about this little aura. Just a little help with getting you all to calm down from a friend. Might make you a bit sleepy, that's all." The black aura was cut out as suddenly as it had appeared, and Neville looked up at the tree's branches. Somewhere among them, there was an orange weasel using some interesting powers- his Metronome leading to Dark Void. "I'm surprised about this, really. One second your attacking me, the next panicking for my safety... Cute." Neville's grin slowly became something slightly more sincere. He whirled around to the group of Pokemon. "And as for you, Bubbles, thank you for saving me from the Gummi Bomb, but quite frankly, you are cruel. You may or may not beat out my reputation of being the greatest asshole in Fizzytopia. Good luck with that. Even from a madman's perspective, this was caused by you ultimately. But hey, on the other hand, you and Sparky there make a cute couple." Sparky's face turned from happy to angry about that Stunfisks last sentence. "I do not love Bubbles! I have a crush on a pokemon and it is certainly not Bubbles!" Yelled Sparky. But just then Botch bursted in at the worst of times. "Yeah I know guys,my big brother Sparky doesn't have a crush on Bubbles but an Ivysaur named Pomona!" Everyone went dead silent after what Botch said and Sparky shot a death glare at him. Bubbles felt a bit bad for her teammate so she decided to speak up to Neville. "Neville I don't love Sparky. There is only one pokemon I love here and that's you!" Stated Bubbles to the Stunfisk. Just then Telpo broke in. "U u mm guys I don't think this is over yet" Before pointing out The Mother Tree to the group. It was also cloaked in a vortex. However unlike the one they were just in it seemed to be more spectral and........dangerous.

Blog Entries

Cyanide, Millicent/Willow, Telpo, Chiaka, Helena, Myrtle, Neville, Sparky, Bubbles, Botch, Pom: At the revelation that Sparky's crush was in fact on Pomona, there was dead silence- and many double-takes from many of the Pokemon present. Myrtle was extremely surprised, to say the least, and Cyanide's jaw dropped. Helena, however, seemed more interested in Myrtle and Neville. She floated over and addressed the Stunfisk. "So you are Ne-ville," she greeted him. "I have heard a-bout you, but noth-ing ve-ry nice... How-e-ver, if my big sis-ter is O-K with you, then that is e-nough for me," she added happily.

Telpo then brought everyone's attention to the Mother Tree and the sinister aura it was giving off. Myrtle frowned. "That can-not be good," she remarked. "Ne-ville, He-le-na, a-ny i-de-a what may be cau-sing it?"

"Not a clue," replied Helena.

Cyanide, Millicent/Willow, Telpo, Chiaka, Helena, Myrtle, Neville, Sparky, Bubbles, Botch, Pom

Myrtle asked the other Shuppet if she knew what would be causing it Telpo got an idea. Telpo floated over to Millicent and Willow. "Um Millicent I have a question. Can you ask Willow where or how that vortex is forming." Asked Telpo before explaining why. "When I grabbed Willow's home earlier I realized that the wood Willow resides in is the same oak mother tree is." "So I think Mother Tree and Willow have a connection and Willow may know where the vortex is coming from!" Finished Telpo worried that what he thought earlier may just be reality. Meanwhile Pom looked unscathed by how Sparky had a crush on Pomona. Instead he looked at Cyanide. "Cyanide are you ok?" Asked Pom

Blog Entries

Cyanide, Millicent/Willow, Telpo, Chiaka, Helena, Myrtle, Neville, Sparky, Bubbles, Botch, Pom: As Telpo explained his idea, Millicent nodded and looked at her log intently for several minutes. Finally, she turned to face Telpo and responded. "Willow says the vortex means that a Darkrai is coming. Not all Darkrai are evil, but the ones that are, their arrival is preceded by a strange dark vortex about two or three hours before Darkrai itself appears."

"An evil Dark-rai?!" exclaimed Helena. "What can we do?"

"Willow says the only way to stop it is to attack the center of the vortex," Millicent stated. "If the core sustains enough damage, it will break, and Darkrai won't be able to get through. Telpo, you should send a telepathic message. Try to reach any of the Pokemon on my team, most of them should be willing to help."

Meanwhile, Pom asked Cyanide if she was OK. "Oh... Oh, yes, yes... Yes, of course I'm OK..." Cyanide replied, trying to make it sound as though Pom's question was a stupid one barely worth her time to answer, but somehow she couldn't seem to make her words sound that venomous.

August, Durandal, Seath - As the morning sun bursts through the branches of the Mother Tree, a shadow swoops over the Tree Grove, silent and graceful. A winged figure sails across the skies, surveying the beautiful scenery. At the request of her trainer, this powerful, yet gentle creature had traveled, by her lonesome, to the famous home of the Mother Tree. While Marion had not explained why the dragon's presence was required at such a place, August was not one to go against her trainer's wishes... After all, Marion always had August's best interests at heart, and the look in Marion's eyes, though decidedly worn out from a particularly exciting and sleepless night of partying, was full of excitement, with a hint of mischief (as always). It was strange that Marion had requested that August go alone, especially given how often Marion used August's trips as an opportunity to give one of her weaker Pokemon a bodyguard and travel companion, but again, it was not something that the loyal dragon-type questioned. Even so, in the flight over, August could not help but wonder what sort of plan had hatched in the ghostly maiden's mind.

Landing in the treetop with incredible precision and lightness for one so large, August bows respectfully to the various flying types roosted on nearby branches, who cannot help but bow back to such a regal Pokemon. Though August was not one to exert her power unnecessarily, it radiated from her very aura. She had been instructed to fly to the very top of the Mother Tree, where a surprise would be waiting for her. At the moment, there only appeared to be the usual scattering of nests and flying types, as well as a few interesting-looking treehouses built into the branches, though the Pokemon within were not of interest to the Dragon type. What on earth could she have been summoned here for? Ever the patient one, August perches herself on the highest branch, watching the skies for any sort of movement towards the Mother Tree. It was true that her surprise may not be coming from such a height, and yet considering the location of the surprise and the easy vantage point, August could not help but hope, with a flutter in her heart, that her surprise might be a pair of visitors so near and dear to her heart...

Visit Balmund's Youtube Channel

Silently slicing through the wind, Durandal soars on a mission issued by his trainer, though the circumstances behind his Lord's command were rather strange indeed. To venture forth into the giant Tree Grove, alone with Seath; a command given by a Duke who could hardly handle himself after such a night of pure partying. To which purpose only Arceus knew. Training? Sight-seeing? He had thought he heard Duke mumble something about it, though the words came out more like nonsensical babbling than anything else. He sure seemed excited about sending them off however. At the very least he could get Seath to see more of the world, and the young Dratini sure was a thirsty one for knowledge and new experiences, having read pretty much every book in Duke's library, and having already accompanied his father in exploring every single nook and cranny of Volcanic Mountain itself at his short age.

Eyes wide open, Seath visually sucks in every single detail his eyes could muster as he wrapped tightly around his father's neck. Something in particular catches the snow-white Dratini's eyes as he notices a figure at the very top of the enormous tree, and he taps Duran with his nose eagerly as to point him towards it. But Duran was already aware, a huge grin forming on his face as a torrent of emotion bursts within his chest. This couldn't possibly be coincidence, could it? No, this had to be planned! Finally, the day had finally come. He couldn't help himself as he roared in calling. The small Pokémon underneath could probably not tell the difference between a Salamence roaring in aggressive territoriality versus one who simply called for his mate, but nonetheless the sight of the regal predator was Intimidating for those who did not knew him intimately. But Duran could not pay heed to any of them, as he was of a one-track mind at the moment, circling the tree as he waited for his beloved to follow to his side before slowly spiraling down to the floor underneath.
    Last edited by Balmund; 16th January 2013 at 01:59 PM.

August's sharp eyes are immediately drawn to a creature approaching on the horizon; the acute vision her species is so famous for allows her to spot her beloved Salamence from a great distance, and her heart nearly bursts with anticipation and joy. Her wings immediately flare out, large and full, fluttering to prepare herself for taking to the sky to greet him. Unable to take her eyes off of him, she notices as the distance closes between them that he has a small, pale creature wrapped tightly but affectionately around his neck, overflowing with curiosity as his small, black eyes scan the world beneath him. August nearly roars with happiness at the sight of her baby boy, whom she recognizes immediately. After all, he was a very unique little Dratini; white like snow, the Breeding Centre attendants were certainly surprised at his odd appearance, unexplained by the typical genetic abnormality known as "shiny"... It was almost as if he had the human disorder of albinism. Even so, a mother Dragonite can recognize her baby no matter how he looks, and August's heart nearly breaks out of her chest to go to him. It is not long before Durandal's roar shakes the very foundations of the Mother Tree, causing the gathered flying types to squawk and jump from their nests in alarm; not caring one bit about the feathered frenzy, August responds to Durandal with a booming call of her own, even as the remaining birds within the treetops blast forth from the foliage, seeking the skies for protection. She immediately takes to the air, flying right by her husband's side as they wind their way down the Mother Tree, seeking its restful shade. The moment they land, August cannot help but nuzzle Durandal affectionately with her snout, a wide grin clear on her face.

How deeply I have missed you both... I cannot even begin to express how joyful I am to see you! Have you been well? August's eyes immediately turn to little Seath, her arms reaching out as an invitation to her baby to be held. How is my little champion? Don't tell me that it has been so long that you've forgotten your mama, has it? The Dragonite chuckles a bit, though it is clear that her eyes threaten to well up with tears, such is the overwhelming nature of her happiness.

Landing at the base of the Mother Tree, right under its protective shade, August couldn't help affectively nuzzling Duran out of sheer joy, and in turn he returned the gesture just as intensely, unable to keep himself for purring in content. "I am now." He answered as she asked about his wellbeing. "It has been far too long. I fear had I waited a single day longer I would've taken our boy, abandoned everything, and sought you out on my own, determined to never leave again." As August then turned her head to her little baby, Seath raises his head to meet her eyes. She reaches her arms towards him in invitation, chuckling a bit as she greets him, though her eyes clearly threaten to well up in tears from emotion. Though Seath had matured way beyond a youngling of his age, he still felt at a loss at how to respond to the feelings that were welling up inside of him. A significant part of him was still a baby that needed his mother, and his eyes grow wide as they start coating themselves with tears as he swiftly uncoils and thrusts himself to August's embrace, seeking nothing more than to feel her motherly warmth.

August nods with empathy at the idea of leaving everything behind in order to reunite. Admittedly, she had fantasized about this very course of action herself... I have been well in body... I train every day... but my heart has been in tatters without my mate, and my child. August smiles warmly at Seath's eagerness to jump into her arms, the tears threatening to pour forth streaming from her cheeks as she hugs her baby tight, yet with the gentleness of a caring mother all the same. How much you have grown, Seath... You may be taller than your father one day! August beams with pride at the thought. I hear from your father that you like to read... is that true? August balances Seath in one arm, reaching with the other to grab a book that she had carried with her in a pouch slung over her shoulder... She had carried it with her, just in case she ever decided to pick up and fly one day, as Durandal had described. The thick volume's cracked spine shows significant wear and tear, and the faded illustration in the front, though dulled from age, still has some measure of brightness. She shows the book to her little one, a smile on her face. This was my favorite book when I was your age. It is full of fairy tales, but not the silly ones with the animated princesses and talking crabs, oh no... August grins. These have a lot more depth. I hope you'll like them, too.

August sighs with content, cuddling with her son. She gently moves to rest herself against the Mother Tree, inviting Durandal to rest with her and their baby. I am so grateful that Marion sent me here... Did your Lord send you, as well? Have they been communicating? August smiles wistfully, a glimmer in her eye. Do you remember the Frillish, Bedivere? He has firmly resolved that Marion should be matched with a man of royalty, as Bedivere was in life. A woman like her, he says, should be married into a good family. He is thoroughly convinced that your Lord is a Duke of much wealth and influence. He apparently has already been putting together a dowry for Marion, without her knowledge, of course. Odd little fellow that he is, he means well... I do wonder if he may be onto something. August chuckles a bit. Call it women's intuition.

Seath presses his head against August's chest as she embracing him in a loving, motherly fashion, tight, but gentle all the same. She comments proudly on his rapid growth and, knowing his early developed love for literature, pulls out a book from her puch as she balances Seath with her other arm. The thick volume has apparently been through much use already, but Seath was already eager to devour it with his eyes over and over again nonetheless, feeding his mind with beautifully woven tales of fantasy. "Mm!" He nods happily as August hoped they would be of his liking.

Taking seat against the Mother Tree, August invites Duran to follow, which he promptly does, laying on the floor beside her. The sun seemed to be at its brightest under the clear sky, some odd rays of light managing to filter past the foliage pf their shelter. Seeing the couple as no longer a threat, most Pokémon regain their courage to come out and play in the open. The general feeling in the air was one of peace, and seath starts to flip pages from his new book, already absorbed by the words within. August was greatful by the circumstances that brought her here at this moments, and asks Duran if he had similarly been sent by his Lord. "Aye. We were both sent here, without explanation, but I should've from the start that there was good reason for his actions. I am glad. I wasn't aware they were both keeping contact. I had heard your lady ... had gone through a very harsh time lately. I'm relieved to hear she's well."

August then adds how Bedivere believed Marion should marry a man of royalty, and being thoroughly convinced of Balmund being wealthy and influential Duke, had secretly been making arrangement for marriage. "A dowry! That's much too generous of him. I'm not sure my Lord would accept it!" Duran laughed out loud. "But I too feel Sir Bedivere may be onto something. Would that make you happy my love? If they were together, there would be absolutely nothing else keeping us apart. To have our extended and still growing families together as one. Ghouls and Dragons, bonded by love and by blood. It would be wonderful, if such a thing could become true. wouldn't it."

"Mother?" Seath then interrupted, frowning a bit as he flipped a few more pages. "Is the legend of this Sir George really what it reads to be?"

August beams with happiness as Seath eagerly accepts the tattered volume, eager to read the book from cover to cover. As August and Durandal take more relaxed positions against the Mother Tree, the Pokemon around them begin to perceive them less as vicious dragons and more as a gentle, happy family, and gradually lose their initial fear and panic. Seath eagerly begins reading the book his mother has given him, while August and Durandal discuss the relationship between their trainers. A pained expression flashes momentarily in August's face at the mention of the event that led Marion to be hospitalized, and stares up at the sky, sighing deeply.

That... that night was an absolute nightmare. For all of us, but especially Minerva. August sighs. Aislyn still will not forgive her for what she did. It is strange, indeed, how we both grew up with her, spent years and years with her, and yet have entirely different attitudes toward the horrible mistake she made. Aislyn sees Minerva as a conniving, manipulative doll, only seeking to further her own initiatives. August shakes her head. But I know how Minerva's heart breaks. And it did. Had Marion not made it through... She probably would have lost whatever shreds of sanity she has left. She would have gone insane with regret. Even though Marion forgives her, I still wonder if Minerva forgives herself.

The discussion then shifts to a decidedly happier topic, as Duran laughingly comments that Balmund was not likely to accept a dowry, even if one was offered to him. August considers Duran's question a moment before answering; I want my trainer to be with a man who fills her heart with joy, as you have so filled mine. I would never dream of forcing her to be with Duke, or attempting to manipulate her in any way... but if it would make her happy, oh, it would make me very, very happy indeed. Our families would have so much to learn from one another. They are different, yes, but I do believe that they would make a wonderful union. Bedivere and Cheshire the Gastly are both very capable translators of Pokemon language into human speech, which makes them both indispensable. Certainly, the diversity in both of our families would mean that there would never be a dull moment. August chuckles. That said, I love them all to pieces, and I know you and Duke would love them, too. If the dinner at your Lord's house was any indication, I have a feeling that everyone would get along well... Even little Sakura will find a way to face her fears, I am sure.

Little Seath interrupts the conversation with a question, asking if the Legend of Sir George and the Dragon was really what it seemed. That is the interesting thing about fairy tales, sweetheart... The stories themselves always walk the line between reality and fiction, and even then, the story they really tell is beyond the knights and dragons, the princesses and gold and glory. The dragon represents different things to different people; pure evil, or perhaps one's fears, or an embodiment of those parts of ourselves that hold us back. We are told the dragon brought plague into the city, poisoning the water, only appeased by sacrifices of sheep, and eventually human beings... Its greed became its downfall. That is how I interpret the story, anyhow.

August gently strokes her baby's head, smiling warmly. The first lesson among the spirits is that it is up to us... and only us... to determine what is real and what is not. The wisdom among them... strange though it seems... is that there is no right or wrong answer to that question. It is simply a matter of perception. You can take the story of Sir George and believe every word... or believe none of it... or fall somewhere in between. Trust what is right in your heart, little one.

Blog Entries

Peeves, Malfoy: "No! No! You no can be serious!" the Duskull exclaimed.

Malfoy nodded. "'Fraid I am, Peeves," the Toxicroak replied. "Myrtle is in love with Nev-"

"I hear you first time!" interrupted Peeves. "But... But how?!?! Myrtle hate Neville! Everyone hate Neville! Coselle get mad at Keith just because he consider give Neville another chance!" Peeves exclaimed. "I thought Myrtle in love with Bedivere! What... How this even possible?!"

Malfoy shrugged. "Damned if I know. It's strange how love works. Take me and Bellatrix. I'm a Toxicroak, she's a Skuntank."

"But still!" protested Peeves. "I mean, I get it if Pokemon who no hear of Neville before get crush on him before find out what he really like, but Myrtle know what Neville like! I... Son of bitch!"

"Well, you seem to be taking the news pretty well," the Toxicroak remarked. "Gotta go, Peeves. Gotta tell the others."

"You do that," nodded Peeves. "I just need moment to scrub brain-stabbing image from head."

Malfoy, Marvolo: The next of his teammates the Toxicroak came across was Marvolo, Keith's Seviper. Marvolo was coiled up, and did not look too happy. Malfoy supposed this had everything to do with the fact that Amethyst was not among the group of Pokemon Hyrem had left at the Tree Grove.

"What?" Marvolo hissed somewhat irritably as he spotted the Toxicroak approaching him.

"Hey, Marvolo, what's up?" asked Malfoy.

"Not in the best of moods right now," snapped Marvolo. "Make it quick."

"Fine," shrugged Malfoy. "Myrtle's in love with Neville."

"Fine, now will you kindly get out of my face and-" Marvolo stopped in mid-sentence, freezing in place, his eyes bulging as what Malfoy just told him started to sink in. Slowly, he turned his head to face Malfoy. "What did you just say?" the Seviper asked in an ominous tone.

"You heard me," nodded Malfoy.

"She- she's in love with-" spluttered Marvolo. "I knew me and Amy should have killed that slimy Stunfisk when we had the chance!! That deceased dust rag must be out of her mind, falling in love with that little bundle of misery! After all the damage Neville caused, how the fuck can she even- no, you know what? I don't even want to know. I will never, never, I say, fathom how a Shuppet's mind works!"

"Not asking you to understand how it works," said Malfoy. "Just letting you know, no attacking the Stunfisk."

"WHAAAAT?!?!" screeched Marvolo. "You mean I can't attack that stupid fish?!"

"Not if you and Amethyst don't want to be hit with Curse," replied Malfoy.

"...Fuck," grumbled Marvolo as he seemed to calm down, though he was still fuming inside. "Fine. I'll leave Neville be. But that fish puts one fin out of line, and he's as good as sushi!"

Satisfied with this, Malfoy wandered off, looking for another teammate to inform about the most recent development in Myrtle's life.

August had taken a pained expression as Durandal made her remember the horrific month Marion had spent hospitalized. She recounts it being especially hard on Minerva, who would've likely nearly have gone insane with guilt had Marion not recovered from the experience. Though August had forgiven her for the accident, some of her companions clearly have not, even to this day, and Duran could feel the pain that resulted from the tension within her loved ones. He nods empathically, his thoughts turning to a certain someone who also seemed to have a knack to inspire bitterness and hatred in others. But perhaps things could change and grievances be overcome.

He also silently agrees with August thoughts that she would Marion and Duke to be together only by love, and that she would not force such relationship otherwise. After all, shouldn't marriage be binded by love? Though humans way back would often arrange unions of blood for gain in money and power, rarely did it ever bring happiness. But that was not his way. Just as August filled his own heart with joy, so too did he wish the same happiness for Duke, and such happiness is only found, not forced. Still, maybe Bedivere was indeed unto something. The match did not feel forced to him at all.

Seath then interrupts them as he asks his mother more about the legend of Sir George, and August goes on to explain that the story should not necessarily be taken literally, but rather interpreted by the layers of meanings that lie within. However way one reads it in the end, one's perception of it is neither right or wrong. Seath nods understandingly at the explanation of the story, though a part of him still seemed somewhat troubled.

"Is greed so bad?" He suddenly asked. "I know Father jealously guards an impressive collection of gold and jewels hidden back at home." He revealed, and Duran couldn't help abruptly coughing as he did. "And myself," he continued, "I feel hungry, and my hunger is insatiable. That evil dragon, how was he in his younger days? What prompted him to grow so twisted. Will the time come that one day, some knight will be forced to stop me too? But doing what I do ... it makes me happy."

"Seath..." Durandal measured his words carefully. "Sometimes your freedom steps into the freedom of others, and you're forced to choose. That is the natural order of things, exemplified by the circle of life. Some life must be rescinded so that other life may bloom. You will make enemies simply because they cannot accept who and what you are, or simply because your downfall would mean their success. But despite that, what you mustn't ever lose is your compassion, and what you mustn't ever forget are those who hold you dear in their hearts. Don't be so afraid of that part of yourself, but learn to give as much value to the other parts of you as well. The entire world could stand against you, but you are our blood and our flesh, and they would have to go through us first." He pauses for a moment.

"Now," he continued, "let's lighten up the mood, shall we? Why don't you tell your mother the last thing you learned during your training?"

"Oh!" Seath's face suddenly lit up as his train of thoughts shifted completely to another. "Last thing I learned was that it takes about ten seconds for a living body to pass out from obstructing the blood flow to the brain. Lady Orchrist taught me that, and showed me the proper technique by chocking me to near death. I mentally counted to 9.7 seconds before losing consciousness. It was fascinating, really."

"... I'm sorry, what?"
    Last edited by Balmund; 30th January 2013 at 07:53 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast