Official Time Out Chat Thread - Page 71
Page 71 of 275 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 4120

Thread: Official Time Out Chat Thread

I'd be more active in the UPN TOs if I didnt dislike the UPN formatting so much... :/ I miss the old UPN's style, it was like SPPF's but had better skins.

No invisible quote boxes, no automatic page jumping when you load a page... gosh that's annoying when I try and load a page to read something >_>;
    FB Info::My PC::FB Records
    Typhu lv.100, Amph lv.100, Kratos lv.34, Espy lv.16, Shuri lv.100, Thorn lv.53, Scurvy lv.23,

Buru lv.11, Rena lv.100, Coco lv.25, Flare lv.36, Devi lv.100, Aero lv.17, Raphael lv.36

Anime banner made by me.

Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar

Yeah. I'm not a fan of phpBB as a whole but there's not a great deal that can be done about it. I just miss UPN being a vB Board. Soooooooooooo much easier to use on soooooooo many levels *huggles vBness*

UPN was great as a vB board. The UPN PASBL doesn't have anything there anymore, only battles, nothingness...

Quote Originally Posted by Hells Empress View Post
    Little known fact: Even though FB is currently only celebrating her 5th birthday, she originally started here at BMG back in 1998 before being resurrected at UPN when Bulbagarden Forums went off air for a while. So even though UPN is FB's "Base of Operations" now, Bulbagarden is her original home.
    That is surprising.
    How many people joined the BMG FB around the 1998-2001?

EDIT: Why was UPN changed to phpBB, can't it be changed to vB again?

I don't understand how that is little known, it is posted somewhere... *can't remember where*

Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
    That is surprising.

Arn would know more about the original FB than I do since I'm fairly certain he's the only original member left (except for maybe Loki), so he's better off answering that one.

As for why UPN changed from vB to phpBB, it's a long story. Summarized version is that after the hacking Kuno left it up to Dami to upgrade the board and deal with all of the licensing for it. Unfortunately there was a breakdown of communications somewhere along the lines and a tiny detail was left out. Several months down the track Kuno receives an email from vB ordering him to close down the board (even though it had been running successfully for many years), and had less than 24 hours to do it. By the time we (FB Mods) found out about it, we had less than 6 hours to back up as much info as possible but unfortunately didn't get it all.

It's a shame we lost so much, but there wasn't anything we could do but rant, rave, and bitch about how unfair it was for a while before we just shrugged and moved on. Needless to say everyone was annoyed. There was a little debate over what to do next (go for a vB board again or switch to another), but by that time everyone was pissed off about the whole closure issue and decided to ditch vB. Maybe one day we'll go back, but part of me doesn't want to because of all of the phpBB records we have for FB now, and losing all of that again will just add insult to injury. I still prefer the vB setup, but after what happened it's not surprising UPN Admin didn't want to deal with them straight off the bat of the closure.
    Last edited by enchantress; 25th October 2007 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
    That is surprising.

I'm not too sure on the exact amount, it only started off as a Water RPG (watrer pokemon only to jsut play about with) was only small, a few members in it, then it evolved into a Proper RPG with a few more members into it and then I joied in 2000 (About the time it nearly died) and before it died it had a few members not excessive amounts though just a few maybe 20 or so, and then it evolved into the sexy thing you see today =S

FB is smexy!

Can I buy a echo herb?

Is that like buying a vowel?

N, bt t s th rplnt f chnss. Hy nd vwl s wll

I am back ... on Halloween of all days >.>
    I really should have got this piece of junk fixed a while back. I think I missed FB's birthday celebration T-T
    .: Team Dark Fire :.

.: FB :.:.: PC :.:.: CC :.:.: TCG :.

Indeed you did. And it was awesome.

On a path of trouble (for others) and fun (for me).

There was fireworks and everything. Then a UFO came down and Deoxys appeared and gave everyone some cake. It turned out that cake was actually super brain enhancement supplements and now we are all super geniuses.

Yep. It's all true. The cake tasted slightly of roast pork though...