Official Time Out Chat Thread - Page 273

Page 273 of 275 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275 LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 4119
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Official Time Out Chat Thread

Default Re: Official Time Out Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    The Arcane Realm hasn't vanished. Annoyingly, this forum's default settings make it so you can only see threads that have been posted in at some point in the past month. There's settings on the bottom of the page to change this. Set it to show threads from, like, the beginning, and you'll see the Arcane Realm.
    Lol, didn't notice that XD
    Yeah, it shows up now. Same for Serebii there I see now, never noticed there was a Arctic zone there too :')

Yeah, Glacier Islands is run by Tess in addition to all the ARs and the Alph campaign. I don't envy how much work she has... ^_^'

Blog Entries

Visit kaisap112's Youtube Channel

The Spring Safari thread is open! Go sign up if you want to enter the event or do something else related to it. :3

Just something funny I thought to share.
    5 minutes university - YouTube
    Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 6th March 2013 at 09:28 PM.

Newbie Extraordinaire Ex-Admiral Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bless The Metal View Post
    Just something funny I thought to share.
    5 minutes university - YouTube
    Hahaha, have to kind of agree with what he says

Are some of the shop threads hidden here? When I view the Shops forum, I only see nine threads, and not included amongst them are the Bank and Coin Exchange threads. But when I click on people's transactions elsewhere (and get directed to their posts in those threads), I can load the Bank and Coin Exchange threads just fine. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Bashir: I can't believe you're not pressing charges.
    Garak: Constable Odo and Captain Sisko expressed a similar concern, but really, Doctor, there was no harm done.
    Bashir: They broke seven of your transverse ribs and fractured your clavicle.
    Garak: Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos.
    Bashir: Garak, this isn't funny.
    Garak: I'm serious, Doctor! Thanks to your ministrations I'm almost completely healed, but the damage I did to them will last a lifetime.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
    Are some of the shop threads hidden here? When I view the Shops forum, I only see nine threads, and not included amongst them are the Bank and Coin Exchange threads. But when I click on people's transactions elsewhere (and get directed to their posts in those threads), I can load the Bank and Coin Exchange threads just fine. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Kind of; the forum hides threads that haven't had new post in over a month. If you skip to the bottom, you'll see a "show threads" button, which allows you to show threads older than the forum's cut-off. I had this problem too with the Arcane Realm.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Protip: Set things in your settings to always show things from the beginning.

Settings > My Settings > My Account > General Settings > Thread Display Options > Default Thread Age Cut Off > Show all threads

Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    Kind of; the forum hides threads that haven't had new post in over a month. If you skip to the bottom, you'll see a "show threads" button, which allows you to show threads older than the forum's cut-off. I had this problem too with the Arcane Realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel12 View Post
    Protip: Set things in your settings to always show things from the beginning.

Settings > My Settings > My Account > General Settings > Thread Display Options > Default Thread Age Cut Off > Show all threads
    Why that is not the forum default I have no idea but thanks for the step-by-step navigation through BMG's rather lengthy settings tree. Altered.
    Garak: Constable Odo and Captain Sisko expressed a similar concern, but really, Doctor, there was no harm done.
    Garak: Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos.
    Garak: I'm serious, Doctor! Thanks to your ministrations I'm almost completely healed, but the damage I did to them will last a lifetime.

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why that is not the forum default I have no idea
    Agreed completely.

This was a test post just to see if BMG is having problems today with post formatting tags and such as reported by another member. Edited the post down to just these two sentences since it was pretty large before.
    Last edited by Talon87; 3rd April 2013 at 11:29 AM.

Hmm... guess it's my browser then...

The weird thing is that [url*="urlgoeshere"]Text goes here[/url*] transforms into [url*="[url*]urlgoeshere"]Text[/url*] goes here[/url*] which shows up as urlgoeshere"Text goes here[/url] with the underlined portion showing where the link actually ends up being, so it just completely eliminates one of the url tags when it does it. Weirder still, they all link to http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/"[url (even the ones that are supposed to be links to UPN).

(removing the * of course)
    Last edited by Sneasel12; 3rd April 2013 at 11:47 AM.

Any FB folks interested in a FREE Eevee? Check this out

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel12 View Post
    Hmm... guess it's my browser then...

The weird thing is that [url*="urlgoeshere"]Text goes here[/url*] transforms into [url*="[url*]urlgoeshere"]Text[/url*] goes here[/url*] which shows up as urlgoeshere"Text goes here[/url] with the underlined portion showing where the link actually ends up being, so it just completely eliminates one of the url tags when it does it. Weirder still, they all link to http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/"[url (even the ones that are supposed to be links to UPN).

(removing the * of course)
    I would recommend the following course of action, if you haven't already done it.

Step 1. Copy and paste your profile text from here to a Notepad file.
    Step 2. Make all necessary corrections within Notepad.
    Step 3. Test that everything's in working order via UPN, not via BMG.
    Step 4. Save the finished product to a .txt file on your computer.
    =The previous steps help to eliminate unnecessary frustration when BMG keeps resetting things=
    Step 5. Select all of the text in your BMG profile post and delete it in the post editor.
    Step 6. Copy and paste the corrected text from your text file to your BMG profile post in the post editor.
    Step 7. Save the post.
    Step 8. Check to see what happened.
    =Assuming the same problem as before has happened once again ...=
    Step 9. Write up a post elsewhere on the forum (outside of Fizzy Bubbles) that is on topic.
    Step 10. Before you submit it, copy and paste the text from the post editor to a new text file. Keep it handy there.
    Step 11. Delete the post body text and replace it, temporarily, with your FB member profile text from Step 4.
    Step 12. Submit post.
    Step 13. Ninja edit the post before anyone can get pissed off.
    Step 14. While ninja editing, check to see if it did the URL hijinx again. Regardless of outcome, continue on to Steps 15 and 16.
    Step 15. Copy and paste the appropriate post body text from the temporary second text file you have on hand. Submit the post, now with its appropriate post body. No one should be the wiser except for a few speedy BMG scrubs.
    =The preceding steps are merely there to help further elucidate the nature of this problem for both yourself and BMG staff.=
    Step 16. Document all that has happened and report it to an appropriate BMG staff member. Preferably a site owner, server administrator, or forum administrator.

If you want to be extra thorough, you can insert an additional experiment between Steps 15 and 16 where you attempt to post your member profile from a different platform altogether. (Be it your cell phone, be it a computer at a friend's house or at school, ... anything but your main computer you're currently using.)

I've tried doing all those steps already with two different computers. For whatever reason it's only screwing up on my Members List post.